Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The words of a Ninja ((Polo and Inkerz have a Naruto RP^^))

2 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The words of a Ninja ((Polo and Inkerz have a Naruto RP^^)) - Page 6 Empty Re: The words of a Ninja ((Polo and Inkerz have a Naruto RP^^))

Post  Imperial Ink Thu May 02, 2013 8:05 am

((Hmm... I still have no idea how we are going to get these two in a relationship XD
Maybe we should just let them relax for the meantime and they can be cute and bond. I think they'll kinda just fall into one after Lizzie dies, Tyson Kyuubifies and Koaru gets his war summons... hehe, I can't wait for all the drama^^))

I don't buy in to any of this 'afterlife' nonsense. In my opinion, if I can't see, hear or touch it, then it doesn't exist. Our sins are our own burdens, and the way I see it, it's only our own forgiveness that we have to earn
Tyson's words left quite the impression on Koaru and tracing his fingers thoughtfully over his chin, he considered those words with realistic truth.
We are after all our own worse enemies, it only makes sense that we would subconsciously punish ourselves for the crimes we commit...Perhaps I am am the same.
Hearing a a rather humorless chuckled slip through Tyson's lips, Koaru turned his head attentively towards the man, as he quietly added, ”And sometimes that is the hardest of all, would you agree?”
Narrowing eyes almost sorrowfully, a bittersweet smile tainted Koaru's lips as he bent his head, “It is as you say, we pull the trigger to our own sins and suffer for it as we see fit...”, Pausing for moment, Koaru blinked curiously before following Tyson's gaze up towards the twinkling light of the stars.
”But Maybe it's all we can do to stay sane. The mind is such a fragile thing after all”
The black sparkling dome of the overhead sky proved to be a rather magnificent view.
Breathless by it's seer beauty, Koaru stared towards the stars with nothing short of awe in his features.
He felt as though he were seeing the sky for the first time.
The softness of wonder and enlightenment seemed to paint his expression perfectly, almost like a portrait from a Renaissance painting.
Glancing out of the corner of his eye, Koaru secretly took in Tyson's contemplative expression.
The man was gorgeous, his dark skin seemed to glow through the warm shadows of the dim fire-light.
Appreciative and quiet, Koaru curled his lips gently as a feeling of deep affection filled his chest.
His heart felt as though it were nothing more than a mere puppet on a string. Moving and beating to every simple sigh, gesture and command Tyson dared to show him.

Sighing soundlessly, Koaru felt his hands clench tightly around the loose folds of his sleeves. The warmth of his feelings had left him strangely cold and goosebumps seemed to chill his ivory skin.
Koaru knew that his feelings for Tyson were those of love. He'd know about them for quite some time and had even confessed them.
Unfortunately the lingering haze of Tyson's rejection remained there to haunt him like an ugly shadow. Reminding him constantly that Tyson was nothing more than a dear friend and never a lover.
Koaru understood this and even accepted it, he would never try and force Tyson to love him if he didn't want to. They were both men afterall.
However with this in mind, he felt his heart crumble inside.
With all that had happened back at the bridge, he was left feeling very confused. Hadn't they just sworn to care for each other and to protect each other, perhaps even as Lovers would. He had even kissed Tyson a second time.
The precarious line between love and friendship had been broken and Koaru hated the feeling of uncertainty that had taken hold of him. He wasn't sure where he stood anymore.

Feeling his eyes narrow with hidden pain, Koaru suddenly faltered when Tyson's soft voice began to question him.
What of you, my friend?...Do you believe it's possible to live on a sinner?...Or at such a point, is a life of damnation simply inevitable?
Seeing a dark smile play on Tyson's lips, Koaru swallowed back an inkling of anxiety that had leaped into his throat. Frankly, I'm just not sure any more
Returning to their original topic, Koaru took a moment to gather his thoughts, “When you put it like that...I-I would say that life itself is already a form purgatory. We are the keepers to the keys of our own hell”
Warming his cold hands over the fire, he added softly, “We live through times of hate, pain and murder. Our sins are actions that will either bring us relief or deeper grief...whether we chose to punish ourselves further, well that is our own business.”

A moment of silence passed between the two men. Only threatening to finally end when Tyson wordlessly shook his head.
With a dismissive wave of his hand, the conversation was brushed aside.
“Enough speaking in riddles” ((Yes, No more you silly characters XD...I'm already confused enough))
Tyson's sharp eyes seemed meet Koaru's unsettled gaze firmly. Pressing on sternly, he murmured, ”We're...Friends, aren't we? You should feel free to tell me directly what's on your mind.”
Feeling the intensity of their previous conversation lift, Koaru smiled gratefully towards his companion as a reassuring hand clasped around his shoulder. Feeling some joy tainted his lips, he added cheerfully,“Yeah, We are friends...”
Maybe I'm a hypocrite for saying that, but...In any case, you know you'll find no judgment here. I'm here to support you. No matter what you did in your past. It's the present that counts after all.”
Strength seemed to seep in from Tyson's warm touch. Kindly, Koaru traced his cool fingertips to the man's hand, “Maybe your right... the past is nothing more that the past. But I-”, he broke off with a strange but genuinely cheerfully chuckle.
“In a way I suppose I don't want to forget my sins either”
Leaning against Tyson's shoulder, Koaru's felt his sullen expression lose it's usual smile.
His voice drifted close to a whisper as he explained softly, “They're the reminders that tell me what is and isn't important.”
Clutching tightly at Tyson's loose sleeve, Koaru buried his pretty face into the man' warm shoulder.
His eyes were narrowed with sadness as he explained the horror that had haunted his thoughts.
“I've killed far to many innocent people in my life time...And I hate myself for it”
Pausing to gain some courage, he pressed on determinedly, “I know that I'll never be able to bring them back, that reality pains me eternally but I-”, he broke off with some hesitance.
Shaking his head, he added seriously, “But I won't forget them. Those deaths taught me the true value of life.... It's worth more any material treasure. Far more than diamonds or gold.”

With his chakra still drained, Koaru felt his body trembled for a moment. Slipping shyly away from Tyson, he slowly stood up, wiping his tearful eyes dry on his sleeve.
Taking a moment to calm himself, he allowed his composure to settled back into place with a halfhearted smile. “I think that's enough for tonight”, he murmured kindly.
His eyes seemed to strain with exhaustion as he pressed on, “It's rather getting late , we should probably rest...what do you think?”

((Sorry about it being so long...AGAIN!|
Will Post with Everyone else soon^^))

Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

The words of a Ninja ((Polo and Inkerz have a Naruto RP^^)) - Page 6 Empty Re: The words of a Ninja ((Polo and Inkerz have a Naruto RP^^))

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue May 14, 2013 5:40 am

“Maybe you're right... The past is nothing more that the past. But I-”
"What?" He encouraged gently, watching his friend with deep, searching eyes. Koaru chuckled softly, and leaned against his shoulder as he explained, “In a way I suppose I don't want to forget my sins either.” Tyson watched the man's cheerful expression melt away, and he felt the tension in his shoulders ease slightly as that masking smile fell away from his friend's face. At last, he felt like he was speaking directly to Koaru, and bypassing that gleeful stranger in between.
“They're the reminders that tell me what is and isn't important.” The lovely man whispered, earning a nod from Tyson.
"I know." He answered softly, his sharp gaze falling upon the fire as he relaxed under Koaru's frail weight. "It's one of the things I respect most about you." He absentmindedly kicked a stray twig at the fire, and watched as the flames assaulted it. With a crackle and a spark, it was gone.
"You know what's worth holding on to." His eyes dropped to the scar on his arm, and he added softly, "You're wise enough to learn from the past... And that's something I've seldom seen." His jaw tightened, but then he felt Koaru's grip tighten on his sleeve, and the harsh lines of his face softened again. Wordlessly, he pulled his arm from Koaru's grasp, and wrapped it around his shoulders instead. The closeness brought warmth, and the feeling was strange. Strange, but not unwelcome. The only thing he didn't welcome was the cold emptiness that grew inside him with each fond stare, each affectionate gesture. But he was tired of fighting it, tired of hiding... Just tired. It didn't seem worth it any more.
“I've killed far to many innocent people in my life time... And I hate myself for it.”
"Hm?" He looked up, shaking aside his thought, and glanced to Koaru with concern upon hearing these words.
“I know that I'll never be able to bring them back, that reality pains me eternally but I-" A pause, "But I won't forget them. Those deaths taught me the true value of life.... It's worth more any material treasure. Far more than diamonds or gold.”
With a murmur of response, he nodded. He wasn't entirely sure that he understood, but he respected Koaru's sentiments. His friend was eternally more kindhearted than he was himself. Of the lives he had taken, he did not regret a single one. As a Shinobi, it was his cross to bear. Every death was just a means to an end.
Feeling movement beside him, Tyson let his thoughts slip away, and glanced up when Koaru stood, leaving the space beside him cold and empty. He pursed his lips, displeased.
“I think that's enough for tonight." The other man murmured softly, "It's rather getting late, we should probably rest... What do you think?”
He sighed heavily, and slowly nodded his agreement. "It's been a long day."
With that, he stood up, and the pair set to work arranging their sleeping places. As Koaru lay down on the ground, Tyson kicked sand over the fire, and once steamy darkness had engulfed them, he headed to his own spot, and lowered himself onto the crisp earth. Twigs snapped under his back, but with a carpet of fallen leaves beneath him, it was not entirely uncomfortable.
There was no moon, but the sky was dark and clear, and the stars formed patterns overhead as Tyson's weary eyes darted over them, his thoughts slipping to his side, and the man who lay there.
"I'm sorry..." He murmured eventually, unsure even whether Koaru was awake to hear it, "About today... And yesterday. I think..." His teeth pressed together, and he looked away from the star-studded sky, fists clenching nervously with his confusing thoughts.
"Perhaps I was... Wrong."
If you love me, and I love you too, then maybe in this case, wrong might be right... If I must choose the lesser of two evils, then I think that I'd choose... This.
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Thu May 16, 2013 1:02 am

With the campsite finally packed up and ready for the following day's journey, Koaru retreated to a warm spot beside the still smoking fire.
Tyson had extinguished it for the most part, but tiny flecks of red and orange still burned through a few remaining twigs. The heat was what drew Koaru to this spot. Snuggling into the comfort of his sleeping bag, he mimicked Tyson and rolled over onto his back to stare up at the twinkling stars overhead.
His eyelids were heavily with exhaustion and threatened to slid closed at nearly every opportunity.
Tracing his soft gaze over the familiar constellations and star-marks, He sighed silently. Mulling over a few loose thoughts and fragmented memories.
My mission has finally reached it's end...which means that my journey with Tyson is now over too.[i]
A deep pain filled his chest at that thought and for a moment it flt as though a little part of him had gone missing. Furrowing his eyebrows, he tightened his grip around the edges of his blanket.
[i]I wonder what he will do once we reach Konoha. Will he stay or choose to leave...What should I do?

Finally allowing a light sleep to befall him, Koaru closed his eyes and listened silently to the forest around him.

When Tyson's familiar voice echoed softly through his sleeping daze, Koaru blinked open his eyes with mild confusion.
“Hmm?”
"I'm sorry..."
“Ty?...Whatever for?”, He murmured with a quiet chuckle as he rolled over to face his friend’s sleeping form.
The man lay only a short distance away from him and Koaru felt comforted by the closeness of his presence. He had never felt more safe than when he was with Tyson.

“ About today... And yesterday. I think...Perhaps I was... Wrong.”
At first Tyson's words were strange to Koaru. They left him silent and thoughtful as he tried to sift through their meaning.
Wrong? How strange.... How is he wrong?.... What could he be trying to tell me? Surely he isn't...
After a moment or two, Koaru faltered and felt a faint blush taint his pretty cheeks.
His heart skipped a beat as a tiny inkling of realization suddenly struck him like the point of an arrow.
Sinking shyly into the safety of his blanket, he murmured curiously, “When you say that you were wrong...you weren't perhaps talking about us, were you?”
Siting up, Koaru met Tyson's gaze firmly.
An indescribable expression of acceptance and love seemed to paint his feminine features, enhancing the beauty he never seemed to see in himself.
With a cheerful wink, he smiled uttered gently , “Sleep Well Tyson...I love you too. ”

The Next Day...

The following morning came and went nearly as quickly as a leaf in the wind.
With their bags packed and their destination set, the two companions set off for Konoha early that morning.
By the afternoon they had already crossed the final borderline into the Fire-country Forests.
It was only when the early hours of evening began to settle in that they finally found themselves standing silently before Konoha's Main Gate's.

They were met by two of the gate's guards, and after a moment or two of inspection were allowed to pass through into the village.
The familiar buildings seemed like lost old friends and Koaru felt surprisingly happy to see them. It wasn't in his nature to tie himself down to a place, but he oddly had grown fond of Konoha. Perhaps it was the ever peaceful atmosphere it held. Few places were as busy and yet so restful.
Sharing the occasional fond glance and shy smile with Tyson, Koaru began to realize how little they had spoken during their journey home.
He still found himself rather speechless about Tyson's acceptance. Perhaps it was the shock that had kept hi quiet, either way it didn't matter all that much. He was with Tyson now and that was all the company he needed.

Reaching the Dojo he had claimed as his home, Koaru grinned fondly in response as he slid the key into it's lock. With a simple click, he pressed the door open and entered.
Everything still appeared to in place and for a moment Koaru curiously wondered where Lizzie had gone off to.
Dropping his backpack down onto the floor, he took refuge on the sofa Tyson always seemed to claim.
Gazing up towards his companion with teasing expression, he added warmly, “We're finally home...Come sit down, I'll make us some tea if your keen”
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu May 16, 2013 2:01 am

“When you say that you were wrong... You weren't perhaps talking about us, were you?” At these words, Tyson stiffened, his gaze hardening as he stared unseeingly at the stars overhead. 'Us'? What did that even mean? He'd said nothing of the sort.
I implied it, though. I know I did.
He turned his head away, solemn and thoughtful. But still, he could feel Koaru's gaze upon him, and he just made out the man's beautiful features from the corner of his eye. Stubbornly, he feigned ignorance.
“Sleep Well Tyson..." Koaru murmured, faintly teasing, "I love you too.”
These words struck him like a punch, and Tyson flinched away from the blow, shocked by the words that Koaru had put in his mouth. He had realized what his feelings were, but to have them confessed for him... It was certainly unexpected.
Confused and uncertain, Tyson sighed, and rolled over onto his side. With a brow furrowed in worry, he slowly drifted off to sleep.

A day's quiet journey took them back to Konoha, and though his friend seemed eager and cheerful, Tyson couldn't quite shake the worry that gripped him. It was like a dark cloud hanging over his head; a constant reminder of how far he had fallen, and who he had fallen for...
I'm in love with a man.
The realization had grown no less bitter. If anything, it had matured more harshly over time, like a festering infection. But now that Koaru knew, he could no longer run from it.
Soon enough, they reached Koaru's home, and upon entering the familiar Dojo, Ty felt a little of the tension leave his shoulders. It felt good to be back. Taking a deep breath to draw himself back to the present, he turned to his usual couch, only to find Koaru already sitting there. The man looked teasingly up at him, and Ty could only frown in disbelief.
But... That's my spot...
Blinking in a bemused fashion, he shrugged, and sat down next to Koaru instead. It did not feel right.
“We're finally home... Come sit down, I'll make us some tea if you're keen.” His friend offered kindly, and Tyson just scowled at him. After a moment, his expression softened playfully.
"You're in my spot." He scolded, shoving Koaru over, "And you know it."
The lighthearted jesting felt unfamiliar, and after a brief moment, Tyson shied away from the carefree atmosphere, standing up instead and dusting himself off.
"Never mind tea." He murmured, "I should find Lizzie..."
Gladly taking the excuse, he left Koaru, and headed upstairs to search for his sister, even though he knew full well already that she wasn't home. If she heard his voice, she would have been there in a heartbeat.
All the same, he longed for some distance, and some time on his own, just to clear his muddled head. His feelings for Koaru made him feel dirty and unclean, and he was unaccustomed to such failure. It ate away at him by the minute, stressing and depressing him, until the temptation to simply fall silent and close himself off once again was almost too much to bear. He wanted an escape, but he could see none, trapped between a rock and a hard place.
He didn't want to stay, but he didn't want to go. His own mind was a prison.
Shaking aside his thoughts, he checked the final room for Lizzie, then sighed and headed back downstairs, his excuse depleted.
"She's not here." He announced, finding Koaru in the kitchen and heading to his side, "Guess I'll find her later."
He rubbed his arm awkwardly, feeling slightly uncomfortable around his friend. Every time he met Koaru's gaze, he was reminded of that moment the night before, when he had all but confessed his love for the man. He did not regret it, but at the same time, it came closer to resignation than acceptance. To Koaru, his affections may have been a victory. To him, they were a failure. He had surrendered.

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Mon May 20, 2013 3:52 am

When Tyson's expression began to soften, Koaru couldn’t help but smile warmly in response.
It had been a while since Tyson had gazed at him like that, and Koaru felt glad to see his companion finally starting to warm up and relax.
It had been a rough month of traveling, and it didn't take an expert to see that both Tyson and Koaru were still exhausted from their battles.
With the mission finally over they could finally work on recovering a bit, both mentally and physically.

"You're in my spot.", Tyson scolded. His crimson eyes held a playful edge to them as he shoved Koaru over,“And you Know it”
Chuckling for a moment at the carefree jesting, Koaru sat back up and began to tuck a few strand of unruly hair back into place.
“Look what you've done. My hair's a mess now thanks”, he teased kindly, winking towards Tyson as the man sat down quietly beside him.

Things seemed to go well for a minute or two, but much to Koaru's dismay Tyson began to tense up.
Feeling his own expression slip with simple concern, Koaru question softly, “Ty?...”
Watching his friend through his long-lashed eyes, Koaru followed the man's gaze as he turned and stood up. Dusting himself off, Tyson murmured, "Never mind tea. I should find Lizzie..."

Nodding with both understanding and agreement, Koaru slowly got to his feet.
Straightening up his uniform, he offered thoughtfully, “She might be up stairs, you should check there”
Leaving Tyson to search for Lizzie, Koaru hummed a soft tune and turned to walk towards the kitchen.
Busying himself with the simple choir of tea brewing, Koaru began to heat the kettle and soak the leaves.
His thoughts were still on Tyson and he very nearly dropped a cup thanks to his absentmindedness.
Running a hand through his glossy purple hair, Koaru rolled his eyes and smiled, Things between us sure have changed, haven't they?...Everything he does or says effects me.
Picking out a good brand of English tea, Koaru then began to pour the boiling water into two cups.

By the time Tyson had returned, Koaru stood beside the dinning table. His thin hands cradling a small tray stacked with finger snacks and tea.
Meeting Tyson's eyes with innocent curiosity, he asked softly, “Did you find her?”
"She's not here. Guess I'll find her later.", Tyson explained.
Placing the tray down gently on the table, Koaru slid a cup towards his tensed companion.
Meeting the man with a reassuring smile, he murmured, “I'm sure that she'll be home soon... we can go look for her later if it really bothers you”
Pulling out a chair and seating himself politely at the table, Koaru eyed the familiar sight of a chessboard.
A few small memories from when Koaru had first met Tyson played through his mind.
They had first bonded over a chess game and some how the idea of playing again began to appeal to him.
Picking up the marble white queen piece between elegant fingers, he examined it thoughtfully.
“You seem distracted Ty... Is there something on your mind?”
Koaru didn't meet Tyson's gaze directly, but he stole a secret glace here and there as he began to fiddle with the chessboard.
Setting up the pieces into a neat row, Koaru took the first move with a white knight.
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon May 20, 2013 4:28 am

Koaru set the tray of tea that he was holding down on the table, and Tyson sat down on the couch beside it, picking up a cup, and taking a robotic sip. The liquid scalded his tongue, but he couldn't bring himself to taste the quality herbal flavour in his mouth. It was like drinking hot water.
“I'm sure that she'll be home soon..." Koaru murmured reassuringly as Tyson stared down at the cup in his hands, gently swirling the tea inside. He didn't respond.
"We can go look for her later if it really bothers you.”
"It's fine." He shrugged, "I'm sure she'll be back. She's always like this."
Sighing softly, he took another sip of tea. It remained tasteless. With a distasteful wrinkle of his nose, he set the cup back down, and spared his friend a glance as he began setting up a chessboard. Ty moved closer, and automatically started to assist, lining up all the black pieces for himself. Koaru made the first move.
“You seem distracted Ty... Is there something on your mind?”
Frowning in silent concentration, he flicked a pawn forward two squares, then paused. He had no strategy. In just the first move, he had already left his king unprotected. A grim smile curved his lips.
"I suppose so."
He sighed heavily, eyes downcast, and picked up the pawn, rolling it absentmindedly between his fingers. He had never been one to talk about his feelings. Ordinarily he would have said that it was because he didn't have any, but that was a lie. Everybody had feelings. He just didn't always feel his.
Now, however, it was a different story entirely. He couldn't sit back and pretend not to care any more. Not after what Koaru had done to him.
I can't take back what I've already done.
Clenching his jaw, he placed the pawn firmly back on its spot, two squares in front of the king.
"If I'm to be honest..." He paused, the reluctance to speak his mind clearly evident in the hesitant stance of his fingers, paused as if to take back the pawn that he had placed for a second time.
"I'm confused." He admitted, folding his hands together and avoiding Koaru's gaze, "You know how I feel, at least as well as I do, but it bothers me." His hands tightened into fists, "You act as if it's the most normal thing in the world. Even though we're both men, you're not ashamed. I don't understand that." Tyson looked up, meeting his friend's gaze at last, his eyes harsh, "Honestly, I envy you. I wish that I could be so accepting, but I can't. I just feel like I've sinned. Like I've failed." He tsked his tongue in annoyance, "It's unnatural that I should..." He couldn't bring himself to say the words, and swallowed uncomfortably instead. He may have implied it, but it would take a stronger will than his to truly confess that he loved his friend. Secretly, he was still hoping there was a chance he could escape it.
"I don't know what to do." He confessed quietly, "If I'm with you, I fail myself, and if I'm not, I fail you. Either way I'm unhappy." He frowned, "I'm sorry to burden you with my troubles. It's... Most unlike me." He shook his head, "I just can't find any solution."
I'm not gay. I can't be gay. But why am I in love with this man...?

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Tue May 21, 2013 4:34 am

Eying Tyson thoughtfully, Koaru's eyes seemed to linger curiously upon the tiny glossy pawn suspended in his his friend's hand.
It hung idly between his forefinger and thumb before finally been set in place onto a black square before the king.
Furrowing his eyebrows with concern, Koaru took note of the clear discomfort in his friend's features.
Something was bothering Tyson and sensing the man's reluctance to lower his boundaries, Koaru cast him a kind, but reassuring smile.
He wanted his friend to trust him; to open up his heart and spill out all those stagnate feelings that had been building up inside. They were hurting Tyson and Koaru hated to see his friend in such a state.

Speaking with hesitance, Tyson murmured,"If I'm to be honest....I'm confused."
“...Confused?”, Koaru questioned softly, his gentle eyes thoughtful and understanding as he tried to unravel his friend's thoughts and words.
"You know how I feel, at least as well as I do, but it bothers me...You act as if it's the most normal thing in the world. Even though we're both men, you're not ashamed. I don't understand that."
There was a look of deep disappointment in his friend's eyes and Koaru could see how their affections for each other had ruptured the gray-line borders of Tyson's mind.
In a normal society, the label of 'Gay' would always be frowned upon. A man Loving another man was by human law unnatural and even some even found it sinful.
Understanding the guilt and shame that came along with it, Koaru could now see why Tyson was having such a hard time accepting his feelings.

Sighing softy, Koaru moved his bishop piece across the board, “I understand why you feel the way you do. Unfortunately nothing can I say or do will make it any easier for you Tyson...You see, when it comes to love It's more of a matter of knowing who you are than what you are. Acceptance is only the second step”
Raising his eyebrows curiously, Koaru met his friend's harsh gaze with quiet intelligence.
"Honestly, I envy you. I wish that I could be so accepting, but I can't. I just feel like I've sinned. Like I've failed...It's unnatural that I should-"
When Tyson broke off, Koaru placed his fingertips over his own lips and chuckled, “What?...That you should love another man?” Finishing gently, he then smiled, “There's nothing natural about love. You shouldn't be ashamed by what your feeling Tyson... Love has a strange way of defying all possible logic and resistance.”
Considering this for moment,Tyson clicked his tongue and continued thoughtfully, "I don't know what to do...If I'm with you, I fail myself, and if I'm not, I fail you. Either way I'm unhappy."
The words 'unhappy' seemed to stand out in Tyson's sentence and Koaru considered them carefully.
With a troubled frown, Tyson shook his head, "I'm sorry to burden you with my troubles. It's... Most unlike me...I just can't find any solution."
Blinking with some surprise, Koaru leaned forward and touched his friend's hand,“You shouldn't feel sorry, I'm involved in this just as much as you are...but I'm glad that your opening up to me .
Pulling back, he then removed the pawn blocking Tyson's King.
Taking in a small breath, Koaru rested his chin in his hand and smiled curiously towards his troubled companion.
“Don't you think that there should be more shame in feeling emotions like hatred, sorrow or jealousy...I mean we used those feelings indiscriminately don't we?”
Fiddling aimlessly with a long strand of purple hair, Koaru pressed on thoughtfully,”I suppose the main reason why I am able accept my own feelings is because I know that love is nothing nearly as foul as the feeling of hatred or pain.”
Taking hold his tea cup between thin white finger', he took a small sip. The herbal taste soothed him and added to the peaceful atmosphere in the room.
“I'd sooner love somebody and be happy, than not love them and hate myself...wouldn’t you?”
Smiley warmly towards Tyson, Koaru replaced the cup and winked, “I suppose in the end you have to decide what matters to you the most. Society's labels or the feelings in your heart....Whatever you decide Tyson, I want you to know that you'd never fail me.”
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue May 21, 2013 5:27 am

Feeling a touch on his hand, Tyson pulled away automatically, but he didn't flee far. With fingers curled out of reach, he turned his gaze aside, avoiding the kindness in Koaru's eyes. He didn't want to be comforted, and he wasn't ready to be touched. He just wanted to make sense of what he was feeling. He wanted answers, and he wanted them right then. Koaru's sympathies meant less than nothing to him. ((Asshole.))
“You shouldn't feel sorry," His friend told him, and Tyson snorted in disbelief. "I'm involved in this just as much as you are... But I'm glad that you're opening up to me.
He said nothing. Koaru might have been glad, but he was not. To show weakness such that he would ask for help; that was a new low for Tyson. He was far from proud.
Watching Koaru take his pawn, he felt defeat creep a little closer. He closed his eyes. Took a deep breath.
“Don't you think that there should be more shame in feeling emotions like hatred, sorrow or jealousy... I mean we used those feelings indiscriminately don't we?”
"No Koaru." He murmured, sighing heavily as he moved his queen forward to save his king. A sorry sacrifice. "That's what you think. When I feel hatred or sorrow, I turn it into strength. It's how I've been taught."
”I suppose the main reason why I am able accept my own feelings is because I know that love is nothing nearly as foul as the feeling of hatred or pain.”
Tyson scoffed quietly, looking away in disbelief.
“I'd sooner love somebody and be happy, than not love them and hate myself... Wouldn’t you?”
He opened his mouth to reply, a quick retort jumping to his lips, but before he could speak, Koaru winked and added, “I suppose in the end you have to decide what matters to you the most. Society's labels or the feelings in your heart.... Whatever you decide Tyson, I want you to know that you'd never fail me.”
"Sure. It's easy to sit here and hypothesize. It's with reality that the problem comes in." He scowled at his queen; a sitting duck ready for taking, "Tell me this, Koaru. If the roles were reversed, if you were to hate yourself to love another, what would you do then?" A pause, "It's not about society's labels. It never was. You think I give a damn what the rest of the world thinks of me?" An incredulous laugh leaped from his lips, "I'm a Jinchuuriki. When it comes to society, my personal life is a raindrop in a monsoon compared to that. The problem here is me." He met Koaru's gaze, unsure whether his own eyes were pleading or angry. Whichever it was, it peeved him. "I don't want to be with you." He stated harshly, "The idea sickens me. The only thing worse, in fact, is the idea of being without you. Does that make any sense to you? Because it doesn't to me." He sighed, "My whole life, I've seen things one way:" He began ticking points off on his fingers, "The grass is green, the sky is blue, men love women. It's just the natural order of things; it's how my world has always been. Now, in one moment, all that has changed. It's like trying to tell me the sky's turned red. How can I accept that?" He shook his head, brow furrowed with the intensity of his inner conflict, and he repeated softly, "The problem is me. I don't want to love a man, when it goes against all I stand for. But I do."
A long moment of silence followed this, so long that Tyson could count the ticks of the grandfather clock in the hall as thought, but after it all, comprehension began to dawn on him at last.
I do. He repeated silently to himself, forehead creasing deeply, I love him, and that's a fact. I can't change that any more than I can change the colour of the sky. Then I suppose, all there is for it is to come to terms with the change. Adapt, adjust, and learn to accept it.
With this clarity, the tension left him, and his shoulders dropped an inch. He looked at the chess board, and a smile curved his lips. "Looks like I've lost this game." He chuckled, shaking his head and flicking over the proud figure of his queen. "There's no hope. You had me from the start."

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Mon May 27, 2013 6:41 am

((These two XD...Gosh so many riddles.
Anyways let me know if you want me to edit anything. *Facepalm* Silly Koaru wanted to reply to almost everything here))

Tyson was still far from relaxed, and Koaru knew that no matter what he said, he would not be able to sooth his friend's hostility towards their situation. 'Love' was a hard reality to accept, even more so if you were a Man loving another Man.

With a scowl etched into Tyson's dark features, the man murmured, “Sure. It's easy to sit here and hypothesize. It's with reality that the problem comes in...Tell me this, Koaru. If the roles were reversed, if you were to hate yourself to love another, what would you do then?”
A momentary silence passed between the two friends and Koaru eyed Tyson thoughtfully as he began to mull over his friend's strange words.
Both the sacrificial movement of Tyson's queen and the question itself had caught him off guard.
Narrowing his eyes with silent concentration, Koaru traced his fingertips delicately over his bishop piece.
His lily white lips seemed to curl into a knowing smile as he repeated softly, “Hating my myself to love another you say?”
Chuckling kindly, he raised his eyebrows and murmured “But I believe that you already know My answer to that question...It's in my nature to fall victim to love.”
His lingering smile seemed to slip from his lips as he pressed on a little more seriously, “But, I'm glad that we are different Tyson. A fate like that isn't one I'd want you to suffer. If you have to hate yourself because of me...Well I simple couldn’t bare that. I will not press this on any further if that is the case.”
Koaru didn't like Tyson's train of thought. The very idea of his friend hating himself set him on edge, and he felt guilt gnaw hungrily at his insides.
The way his friend spoke, it almost made him also regret that kiss. One moment he so sure that Tyson loved him and then the next they seemed to fall back to square one; Fighting a losing battle against their emotions.
With a small sigh he decided to move his knight piece forward instead.
Raising his head, Koaru questioned timidly, “Why do you hate yourself Tyson? Gay is a Grey world I agree, but what are you afraid of?... Being judged? Or is it me that's the problem?”
Waiting patiently for an answer, Koaru found himself pouring tea absentmindedly into his own cup. The very sight of the scalding liquid seemed to take his mind momentary off the intensity of their conversation.
”It's not about society's labels, Tyson slowly began,“It never was.
A mocking laugh jumped to the man's lips as he pressed on, “You think I give a damn what the rest of the world thinks of me?... I'm a Jinchuuriki. When it comes to society, my personal life is a raindrop in a monsoon compared to that. The problem here is me."
Anger burned fiercely in those crimson eyes and Koaru felt his own shoulders tense at the very mentioning of the Kyuubi.
His companion had been dealt a rough hand by fate, and Koaru could see the conflict that ran amok inside his friend’s heart. There was still so much more to Tyson that just the Kyuubi and Koaru silently wished that others could see the good that he so often saw in his friend.
Shrinking back timidly from his companion's hot gaze, Koaru flinched when Tyson's harsh words suddenly hit him like a hard slap across the face.
"I don't want to be with you."
Wounded, but stubborn in keeping his calm pose, Koaru sighed and lifted his pretty head.
Quietly he challenged, “I don't believe you”
Meeting Tyson's dark eyes at last, Koaru sat up straight and settled into his chair, listening obediently as his friend began to speak,"The idea sickens me. The only thing worse, in fact, is the idea of being without you. Does that make any sense to you? Because it doesn't to me."
A tiny glimmer of hope seemed to light up Koaru's feminine features and with a subtle curl of his lips he nodded for Tyson to continue.
"My whole life, I've seen things one way: The grass is green, the sky is blue, men love women. It's just the natural order of things. It's how my world has always been. Now, in one moment, all that has changed. It's like trying to tell me the sky's turned red. How can I accept that?...The problem is me. I don't want to love a man, when it goes against all I stand for. But I do."
The problem Tyson seemed to be facing became all the more clearer to Koaru, and it was with an small understanding nod that he took in his friend's predicament.
“I see...”, Furrowing his own eyebrows thoughtfully, Koaru fiddled with his one of his pawns, “You're facing quite a problem here my friend. I'm afraid that I'm not all that sure about what to say... Rather let me put it this way, It's not my place to say anything.”

Minute after minute of tangible silence seemed to linger between the two men.
After a few more silent chess moves, Koaru had finally trapped Tyson's king right where he wanted it.
Feeling some courage return to him, he blinked eyes thoughtfully and turned his attention back towards his companion.
Tyson had begun to relax a little more, and this seemed to set Koaru at ease too. He had been fretting over his friend and felt rather pleased to see the man's spirit lifting again.
With a gentle smile creeping onto his pale lips, Koaru felt surprise suddenly taint his elegant features when he heard Tyson chuckle.
"Looks like I've lost this game.", Flicking over the proud queen figure, Tyson shook his head and added, "There's no hope. You had me from the start."
The change in Tyson's manner was remarkable.
Rather flabbergasted, Koaru turned his attention back to the board. Quickly clearing his throat, he murmured “Oh? Yes...I suppose that makes it Checkmate then?”
Leaning forward to take down Tyson's king, a sudden thought caused Koaru to hesitate.
Meeting his friend's handsome gaze innocently, Koaru felt his elegant fingertips brush over the glossy chess piece.

“...Things between us are okay now, Aren't they?”
The question had Koaru slightly tensed and he watched Tyson through soft docile eyes as he slowly took hold of the king piece; his prize.
It wasn't long too long before the two of them had the board packed up and put away.
With a quick glance towards the wall clock, Koaru chuckled, “It's nearly eleven, I can't believe how late it's already gotten”
Rubbing a hand over his sleepy eyes, he sighed and smiled, “I'm going to stay a bit longer. I need to fill out a mission report for headquarters tomorrow.”

((Very Long...and not much to work with. Hahaha but I'm keen to start shortening my posts with these two. You're Welcome to time-skip into the next day if you want to^^))
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:55 am

Tyson looked at Koaru, and his expression softened upon seeing the surprise in his friend's gaze. He understood how it must have looked to Koaru, to see his mind change so suddenly. If only he knew the turmoil Tyson had faced to reach this half-acceptance, his sudden change of heart might have made more sense.
“Oh?" Koaru cleared his throat, seeming to get a grip on himself at last, "Yes...I suppose that makes it Checkmate then?”
Head bowed, Tyson felt a humourless smirk curve his lips.
"Hmm." He murmured, snatching up his lone king to shield it in his palm, "I suppose so."
I've lost, for now. I can only fight myself for so long. In the end, I was always going to lose.
He examined the king a moment, then set it back on the board for Koaru to take. His friend hesitated.
"What?"
“...Things between us are okay now, Aren't they?”
Not unkindly, Tyson smiled, and inclined his head in a dignified fashion. "They always were." He answered simply, "My battle is with myself, not with you."
At this, the tension seemed to leave Koaru's gaze, and Tyson watched as his friend took his king, securing his victory. Tyson sighed. Next time, he would have his head in the game.
“It's nearly eleven, I can't believe how late it's already gotten."
"Eleven?" Eyes widening, Tyson stared at Koaru as if he'd sprouted an extra head, then turned his sharp gaze to the clock on the wall. "So it is. I can't believe how the time got away from it." He frowned, faintly annoyed with himself. He had spent far too long now fretting over his 'romantic issues'. It was time to accept that what would be, would be.
“I'm going to stay a bit longer. I need to fill out a mission report for headquarters tomorrow.”
Ty's gaze flicked back at Koaru's words, and he considered his tired friend for a moment, then nodded. A ninja's duty was a tough one.
"Don't push yourself too hard." He warned, standing up and clapping Koaru supportively on the shoulder. It wasn't much of an affectionate gesture, but it would do. He was unwilling to offer any more, until he had decided where he stood.
"Get to sleep soon. If I find you've exhausted yourself, I'll give your headquarters something to report."
Flashing a wink, Tyson bode Koaru goodnight, then turned to leave, heading to the dojo where his bed was still prepared, coated in a thin layer of dust from their absence. Disregarding this, he slid the door shut and shed his clothing, stripping to his boxers to sleep. Within instants of getting into bed, he had already slipped into a deep slumber.

The next day, Tyson woke to find Koaru slumped over his finished mission report, a quill still poised in his fingers. Rolling his eyes, he shook his head fondly, and closed the ink pot, pushing it out of Koaru's range. His friend's long, purple hair cascaded down his back like a messy flood, twisting around his arms and almost tangling around the legs of the chair. Flicking a few stray strands to safety, he turned his back, and stalked silently to the kitchen. Dawn was just breaking on the horizon, and with the light of the rising sun to warm him, Tyson rubbed his chilly hands together and got to work. Koaru didn't have much stored in his cupboards, but after some searching, Ty managed to scrape together enough ingredients for a waffle breakfast, including some homemade ice-cream. ((Because it's totally possible to make ice-cream in a few minutes. He's Tyson, okay? Razz )) Roughly half an hour later, he served the meal onto a pair of plates, and quickly prepared two mugs of coffee. skilfully balancing the load, Ty glided back into the next room and set Koaru's breakfast - coffee included - down on the desk beside him.
"Wake up." He said, sitting casually on the couch, "I expect you'll have to report to headquarters soon, and you've got ink on your face." He took a sip of his coffee, "You exhausted yourself again, didn't you?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:23 am

"Don't push yourself too hard."
Tyson's kind warning caught Koaru by surprise, and feeling more than a little touched by the man's concern, he smiled reassuringly and nodded, “Don't worry Ty, I'll be okay”
Considering Koaru's words for a mere moment longer, Tyson then made his way towards the door. Thoughtfully he added over his shoulder,"Get to sleep soon. If I find you've exhausted yourself, I'll give your headquarters something to report."
Feeling a faint blush taint his plaid cheeks, Koaru shook his pretty head, “Sleep well...my dear friend”
His last three words were barely audible and he uttered them like a sweetly keep childhood secret.
Tracing after Tyson's disappearing form with kind eyes, Koaru then turned his attention to the blank parchment set out before him.

As he began to work, a hollow sense of solitude seemed creep up over his shoulders. He wasn't used to being on his own anymore and cold the sensation of loneliness unsettled him.
Every now and again he'd glance over his shoulder to check up on Tyson, realizing each time that his friend wasn't there, but asleep in a different room.
Sighing softly, he dropped his grey gaze to the unwelcoming sight of the blank parchment before him. Setting out his ink and quill, he began to focus once more the report.
At first Koaru found it difficult to settle into his work, His thoughts were still constantly on Tyson and their conversations from earlier. When he did eventually manage to focus though, it was far from pleasant.
Their mission had been a tough one, and as the leaf ninja began to write out his report, flashes of frightening memories and battling images plagued his mind. They seemed to flow directly into his quill and pour out onto the page before him, forming beautifully etched Japanese characters.
Koaru worked hard, and well through the night into the early hours of the morning.
When sleep finally caught him up with him, he was still neatly perched in his seat at the dinning-room table. A quill lay propped up between his inanimate fingertips, while his forearms hid his sleeping face.

When the sharp light of daybreak finally came, Koaru awoke early to the familiar tune of his Tyson's voice.
"Wake up...I expect you'll have to report to headquarters soon, and you've got ink on your face."
Blinking away the sleep from his eyes, Koaru slowly sat up. He was still slightly dazed from sleeping and greeted his friend kindly, “Morning...Did you Sleep well?”
Tracing his fingertips absentmindedly over his ink-stained cheek, Koaru frowned slightly when he saw his blackened fingers.
"You exhausted yourself again, didn't you?", Tyson commented as he peered briefly over his mug of hot coffee.
A sheepish expression seemed to cross Koaru's elegant features, and opening his mouth to object, he then quickly fell silent when his gaze shifted to the mouth-watering spread laid before him.

With a mug of steaming-hot coffee , a plate piled with freshly-baked waffles, and a sweet serving of soft vanilla ice-cream, Koaru examined the meal with awed curiosity.
Turning towards Tyson he inquired innocently, “Is this all for me?...”
A quiet pause of consideration seemed to flood the ninja's features as he took in the degree of kindness to his friend's gesture.
Nobody had ever looked after Koaru as well as Tyson had; the man had been at his side through out their entire mission, protecting him, comforting him and even surprising him with small, but meaningful bouts of kindness.
A spark of appreciation lit up Koaru's tired features, making him appear more beautiful and youthful despite his bed-ridden appearance.
Curling his lips into a warm smile, he murmured happily, ”Thank you Tyson, I really mean it...This is just, this looks delicious”
Taking up his eating utensils politely, Koaru then gave his thanks towards the meal once more, before beginning to eat. He savored each bite blissfully and when he had finished, he wiped his mouth politely on a napkin.
His cheerful gaze seemed to drift idly towards the clock on the wall, he was already late.
Suddenly Realizing this, he suddenly scrabbled out of his seat and exclaimed, “Oh Gosh! I have to get ready, I'm so late.”

Retreating hastily toward the bathroom, Koaru then closed the door and quickly stripped down. Once he was showered, dried and dressed into a fresh uniform, he bolted back towards the kitchen to pick up his report.
Catching Tyson's eye, he quickly tucked an unruly strand of purple hair behind his ear and chuckled, “Thank you again for breakfast Ty, It was divine beyond words...I've got now, I'll see you later!”
Waving over his shoulder, Koaru winked a final goodbye before disappearing out into the street.
It took him only a few minutes to get to headquarters and once he was there with his report in hand, he seemed to relax a little more.
It took three hours of hard interrogation and questioning, but eventually his superiors got all the information and details they needed to fill out their own paperwork. Koaru found it strange that a whole month's worth of fighting and hardship could amount to as little as a few worded papers.
His thoughts drifted briefly towards Shun and Hiro, His superiors had been deeply disturbed to hear of Hiro's betrayal and Shun's death. Their trust in Koaru's leadership seemed to be knocked and after a very heated speech, they made it very clear that he was unfit to be a unit leader. Koaru preferred to work on his own during his missions, but he did find the disappoint and blame hard to shoulder.
Once he had finished up at headquarters, he began to walk home.
Tatsuya's familiar form waved to him in the distance and pausing for moment, Koaru waited for the man to catch up with him.
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:18 am

Tyson peered at Koaru over his coffee, watching as the man studied the food before him. He was about to tell Koaru that it was for eating - not for looking at, but then his friend glanced toward him, and asked, “Is this all for me?...”
"I don't see anyone else." He answered, taking a haughty sip of his coffee. He could feel the caffeine bringing energy back to his tired mind at last. Not that it would last.
”Thank you Tyson,"
"Hm?" He looked up, and found himself rather taken aback by Koaru's sparkling gaze. His grey eyes were captivating.
"I really mean it... This is just, this looks delicious.”
Clearing his through awkwardly, he shrugged and looked away, scratching his cheek to hide the flush of colour that he could feel heating his face. Koaru looking at him like that was pretty much the root of all his problems. How could anybody resist those eyes?
Clearly frustrated, Tyson seized his fork and stabbed his waffles viciously, an irritable huff escaping his lips as he attacked the meal with his knife, then shoved a forkful into his mouth. It was good.
Somewhat pacified, Tyson swept his unruly hair back from his face, then went on eating his breakfast in stony silence.
He had got about halfway through his meal when some sudden movement beside him caught his eye, and he raised his head just enough to see Koaru leaping up in a hurry.
“Oh Gosh! I have to get ready, I'm so late.”
"Good luck." Ty answered simply, leaving Koaru to dash off to the bathroom. Alone at last, he uttered a sigh of approval, and sat back to finish his breakfast in peace. Much as he had come to enjoy Koaru's company, he was still often happiest on his own.

It was mere minutes later when Koaru emerged from his shower, and called as he rushed past, “Thank you again for breakfast Ty, It was divine beyond words... I've got now, I'll see you later!”
He nodded in response. "Goodbye, Koaru."
With that, he watched his friend dart through the door and out into the street, and shook his head in fond amusement, turning back to gathering the dishes. Poor Koaru was always in a hurry, trying to please everyone. Tyson wished that he could make his friend stop and think about himself for once... Perhaps that was impossible, but he could take care of Koaru, at the very least.
Pleased by this thought, he stacked their dirty dishes and took them into the kitchen to wash them. Ten minutes of meticulous scrubbing later saw him washing the harsh soap suds from his hands in the bathroom, and when he glanced up, he caught sight of his reflection in the mirror and started.
"What the hell?" He drew back, lip curling in disgust, and let his eyes scan the unruly locks of his hair, falling messily about his face. It was still in tatters from where it had been cut during the battle, but this was the first time he had seen it since. With a hiss of disapproval, he grabbed the shower nozzle and drenched himself, leaving puddles all over the floor. Then he snatched up a pair of scissors from the bathroom sink, grabbed a handful of his hair, and snipped.
Armed with two mirrors, the scissors and an army of hairpins, Tyson declared war on the scruffy locks. It took about an hour of fluffing, snipping ad hacking, but at last he had managed to coax his once-long hair into a suitable style. His fringe remained much as it had been, parted in the middle and framing his face like a pair of straight, glossy wings. At the back, instead of the braid he'd had before, his short hair spiked out stylishly. He tilted his head left and right, considering it from every angle, then nodded. It looked good.
Happier now, he brushed his fringe out of his face, then gathered up all the stray bits of hair on the floor and threw them away, leaving the bathroom as spotless as he had found it. As soon as he left the room, Tyson heard voices and footsteps approaching from outside. He frowned. One voice was Koaru's, but the other he recognized only vaguely.
Frowning, he made his way over to the window to investigate, peeking silently through the curtains.
Tatsuya...
His lips pulled back in a sneer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:03 am

“Koaru!? I didn't know that you were back from your mission”
Chuckling at the clear surprise on Tatsuya's face, Koaru smiled and softly explained, “I just got back yesterday, It's good to see again though... You look well”
Tatsuya seemed more than pleased to hear those words, but careful not to make his feelings too obvious, he squeezed Koaru's shoulder in friendly fashion and teased, “Wish I could say the same about you Princess...Are you okay? You look exhausted”
With a timid tilt of his head, Koaru smiled and shrugged, “Of course I'm okay, Why wouldn't I be?”
Clearly Unconvinced, Tatsuya rolled his eyes and shook his head. He knew the type of person Koaru was, and seemed to pick up quickly on the stress in his frail features.
“Are you on your way home?... Let me walk you there, we can chat on the way”
Considering the offer keenly, Koaru softly chuckled, “Sure, If you want to join me, you may”
Conversing with idly with Tatsuya as he made his way home, Koaru found his mood slowly lightening up with the distraction of casual conversation.
He hadn't seen or heard from his friend for an entire month, and felt more than happy to listen to Tatsuya's stories as the man began to fill him in on all that had happened in his absence.

When the pair had eventually reached the front door of the Dojo, Tatsuya still hung close to Koaru's side.
They chatted briefly over a few political issues involving work before slowly falling into silence as Koaru began to fiddle with the front door lock. Usually it opened just fine, but today the lock seemed to be jammed, making it rather difficult for him to open.
Furrowing his eyebrows with concentration, Koaru fought with it a few second's longer before Tatsuya finally stepped in to opened it for him.
Clearly embarrassed by his lack strength today, Koaru feigned a smile and murmured timidly, “Sorry about that Tatsuya, I don't know what's wrong with it today.” With a simple shrug of his shoulders the dark-haired man folded his arms neatly across his chest, and murmured concernedly, “It's probably just a little worn from use, you should look into having it replaced though”
Nodding in agreement, Koaru then wrapped his fingers around of the door-handle,“Thank you for walking with me today...I guess I'll see you tomorrow then”
With a cheerful expression filling his elegant features, Koaru then opened the door, stopping half-way when his friend's hand suddenly caught him by the shoulder.
Blinking with surprised, he questioned curiously, “Hmm? Is something wrong Tatsuya?”
Tatsuya had made no motion in leaving, his dark eyes hadn't even wavered from Koaru's for even a second, it was as though he had been waiting to ask him something.
“Are you doing anything this evening?”
Quirking an eyebrow thoughtfully at those words, Koaru took a moment to think before politely shaking his head, “No, not as far as I know...why is something wrong?”
Awkward and blushing, Tatsuya cleared his throat and pressed on,“Well it's been a while since I've seen you, I just thought that it would be nice to hangout a bit...maybe we could have dinner together?”
Contemplating a careful response, Koaru smiled, “Dinner might be nice, But I'll have to check up with somebody about it first... ”
Inklings of jealously seemed to cut through Tatsuya's handsome features, and taking on a more possessive tone, he inquired,“Why?...Would this 'Somebody' have a problem with you going out?”
Wincing slightly at the edge in the man's voice, Koaru shook his head thoughtfully and amended, “It isn't that, It's just me, I-”
“Are you dating somebody already?”
Tatsuya's question seemed to throw Koaru into a bit of a dilemma. He loved Tyson without a doubt, but wasn't all that sure about calling himself the man's lover.
Between the two of them, They had had constant disagreements over their possibly feelings for each other. It was only now with Tatsuya's tactless question on air, that Koaru realized his pending problem once more. He still had absolutely not idea about where he stood with Tyson. He had never heard the man openly reciprocate his feelings, and silently he began to wonder if their entire relationship wasn't perhaps one-sided.

“Well?”, Tatsuya pressed, his voice calming slightly at the clear doubt in Koaru's pretty eyes.
Coming of his daze, Koaru cleared his throat and stammered, “It isn't 'dating' per say, but I do have-”
Clapping his hand's together with finality, Tatsuya laughed and interrupted, “Well If it's not dating, Then you have no reason not to join me tonight...You need to get some air, I'm worried about you. ”
Eyes widening slightly, Koaru began to object, unfortunately before he could say to much more Tatsuya hushed his lips with gentle brush of his fingertips.
Falling dead silent, Koaru felt himself tense as the man wrapped his arms around him, “I'll meet up with you at around 7pm then?...”
The words had been sweetly whispered into his ear, and when by the time his had come to his senses, Tatsuya had left him alone on the doorstep.

Unsure of what to do, Koaru sighed softly and opened the front door.
As he stepped inside the house, he eyes immediately fell to Tyson's familiar form as the man began to approach him.
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:33 am

From where he stood, Tyson saw Tatsuya hush Koaru with a touch to the lips, and the very next moment, the two were hugging. He stiffened, eyes frozen on the scene, and then the curtain swept in front of him, cutting off his vision. With a frown of annoyance, he looked to his fingers. No wonder the curtain had fallen; they were shaking.
Confused and frustrated, he curled his hand into a fist and raised it to his chest, stepping back with a huff of annoyance. He looked pathetic, standing there and spying on Koaru. Of course, his intention had been only to see who was there, but as it turned out, he had got more than he bargained for.
Koaru and... Tatsuya?
The image of the other man's arms around Koaru flashed through his mind, and he shook his head viciously to dispel it, prowling back to the couch and sitting down. He heard footsteps outside, walking away. Soon the rush of blood in his ears had drowned out any other sound. He was furious. He couldn't explain it, but he was furious. Even the Kyuubi raised its ugly head in response, and Tyson could feel its cruel approval of the hideous green monster growing in his chest. When he saw Koaru, it raised its spiny hackles, and his lips pulled into a sneer.
"Happy to see Tatsuya again?" He asked, his voice dangerously soft. Never before had his tone seemed so icy.
Why do I feel this way? Koaru is entitled to be with whoever he wants. I shouldn't be angry, but-
Again his temper flared. He didn't recognize the jealousy that fueled it.
"Hmph." He snorted, "What am I asking? Of course you are. Just look at you." He flicked his fingers, gesturing toward Koaru's flushed face. The sight of the man's cheeks turned rosy for another clawed at his eyes. He couldn't look a moment longer. Turning his head, he consulted the clock on the war, and chuckled coldly, "Oh, look at the time. It's six already. Better start getting ready, Koaru, you don't want to miss your big date." He stressed the word at though it were something sinful, "Can't keep pretty-boy Tatsuya waiting, can you now?" Tyson shouldered roughly past Koaru, heading towards the door, and added over his shoulder, "Don't worry, I'll make myself scarce." His voice dripped with sarcasm, "You take your time. Do whatever you want. Seriously. It's not like I care what you do. Or who." His eyes found Koaru's, shooting daggers, and he wrenched open the door.
"Later."

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:55 pm

"Happy to see Tatsuya again?",
Tyson's cold sneer caught Koaru by surprise, and closing the door behind him with a soft click, he then stepped into the lounge and quietly approached his agitated friend.
Furrowing his eyes with confusion, Koaru questioned timidly, “Tyson?...”
Receiving nothing but a temperamental snort in response, Tyson pressed on callously,”What am I asking? Of course you are. Just look at you."
Taken aback by the unfamiliar hostility in Tyson's voice, Koaru touched a hand uncertainly to his flushed cheeks.
“I don't understand...why are you so angry?”
Feeling the warmth seep into his fingertips, his eyes widened slightly as he soon realized how odd things between him and Tatsuya must have looked to Tyson.
A note of panic crossed his elegant features, and quick to amend the misunderstanding, he murmured, “It's not what it looks like... Tatsuya's just an old friend of mine.”

When Tyson refused to look at him, Koaru felt heart clench with hurt.
He hadn't meant to upset his friend, but felt frustrated that the problem between them remained unsolved. Tyson's fangs had clearly been bared towards Tatsuya, and much to Koaru's dismay, he wasn't even sure why this was so. Surely they hadn't had a fight or anything before hand, Had they?
Koaru knew that Tyson could be indifferent and mulish at times, but this was something entirely different and new.

Following his friend's gaze towards the clock on the wall, Koaru narrowed his eyes when Tyson's icy chuckle echoed over head.
"Oh, look at the time. It's six already. Better start getting ready, Koaru, you don't want to miss your big date. Can't keep pretty-boy Tatsuya waiting, can you now?"
Biting his lip with clear frustration, Koaru shook his head stubbornly. Why is he doing this? I haven't done anything wrong, Have I?... Why would he say such hurtful things, it's not like him
Trying desperately to reason with his friend, Koaru murmured, “Look Tyson, it's not a date. I had no intention of going with him in the first place...I don't understand why you're so upset about all of this anyway, It has nothing to do with you“
A silent response was all that Koaru managed to gain from Tyson. The man clearly seemed set to ignore him, even when he pressed past rudely get to the front door.
Not bothering to meet Koaru's now tearful eyes, Tyson murmured bitterly over his shoulder,Don't worry, I'll make myself scarce...You take your time. Do whatever you want. Seriously. It's not like I care what you do. Or who."
Carelessly uttering his goodbye, Tyson wrenched open the front door. He shot Koaru a final glare that threaten to kill before preparing to take his leave.

Deeply insulted by the man's harsh implications and edged words, Koaru fell into a state of utter and complete distress.
Thoughtlessly he wiped away the crimson tears from his eyes, before hastily stepping into action. Making a quick, panicked grab for Tyson's forearm, he held him the man tightly, refusing to let him leave.
“No! I'm not done yet...We're not done yet!”

Shying away from Tyson's loathing gaze, Koaru shook his head with quiet disappointment, “I guess I didn't quite expect to hear somebody like you to say things like that...”,
Hiding the expression of pain that had been etched into his features, he questioned once more, “Why are you acting like this? ”,flashing his eyes stubbornly, he continued, ”Look, I don't know what your problem is...but since you care so little about what I do, Maybe I should just go with Tatsuya”
Allowing his purple bangs fall momentarily over his eyes, Koaru feigned a smile at that harsh and rather foul thought.
He didn't love Tatsuya, he doubted that he ever would. His heart had already been captured and belonged solely to Tyson...but sad as it was, Tyson didn't want it.
Muttering bitterly, Koaru pressed “Tell me, would that make you happy then? Would you be satisfied with that Tyson?... Because personally I have no idea about how to make you happy!”
Taking a bold step forward, Koaru's fake smile seemed to waver beneath his streaming tears.
Releasing Tyson from his grip, he then took hold of the door-handle.
With a frighteningly violent gesture, he slammed the door closed and slumped weakly against it. The stress of his situation seemed to trigger his anemia, and slipping down onto his kneels, he sat on the floor unable to stand. Stubbornly shaking his head, he refused point-blankly to let Tyson leave.
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:59 pm

Fingers closed around his arm, and Tyson jerked it away as though burned, uttering an irritable hiss. He didn't want to be touched.
“No! I'm not done yet... We're not done yet!”
He glowered at Koaru, cruelly ignoring the tears in his friend's eyes.
"Really?" He asked coldly, "Because I'm pretty sure I'm done here."
Koaru flinched away, and Tyson squared his shoulder, turning halfway back to the door.
“I guess I didn't quite expect to hear somebody like you to say things like that...”
He froze. "What are you implying?"
“Why are you acting like this?”
"Like what?" His chin jerked up defiantly, eyes meeting Koaru's with challenging stubbornness.
”Look, I don't know what your problem is... But since you care so little about what I do, Maybe I should just go with Tatsuya.”
At this, the last of his patience fell away. "Fine!" He snapped angrily, pushing Koaru out of his way, "Go with your precious Tatsuya. I'm sure you'll be happier with him than with 'someone like me'." Quoting Koaru's words, his tone dripped sarcasm, and the eyes that met his friend's were shooting fire.
The fake smile was back. Tyson could have torn it off with his bare hands.
“Tell me, would that make you happy then?"
"Yes!" He snapped furiously, feeling no shame for the lie.
"Would you be satisfied with that Tyson? Because personally I have no idea about how to make you happy!”
"Yeah? Then let me help you out." He reached for the doorhandle, "Get out of my way."
Disregarding this, Koaru snatched the handle from him and slammed the door shut. Startled by the violent gesture, Tyson stumbled back a step. Then his expression darkened.
"Koaru. Move aside."
His his friend's didn't obey. With a weak shake of his head, Koaru slipped to the ground, leaving Tyson to stare down at him, his gaze harsh and unsympathetic.
"Why the Hell are you being like this?" He snapped, temper flaring up the moment the situation stuck him. He was trapped. "You've made your f*cking choice!" He wheeled around, starting to pace back and forth like a caged beast. His eyes flashed red. "You want to go out with Tatsuya, so go. GO!" He slammed a fist into the wall, causing a picture frame to shudder and tilt. He snatched back his fist, rubbing it absently, and fumed, "Never mind all the hell you've put me through. Never mind what we said last night. Never mind that I've been at your side through thick and thin since the moment we met, put my life on the line, thrown away any pride I had- Never f*cking mind!"
He was shouting, and now that he had started, there was no chance of stopping. The words came whether he wanted it or not.
"Seriously, I don't care. Go to him. Frankly, it'll make everything a damn sight simpler for me. Now get the Hell out of my way. I'm not going to sit here and watch while you cast me aside like a piece of dirt." His eyes narrowed savagely, "Take your tears to Tatsuya. I'm done caring."

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:58 am

"Why the Hell are you being like this?...You've made your f*cking choice! You want to go out with Tatsuya, so go. GO!"
The pure fury in Tyson's feral gaze seemed to turn Koaru's blood cold with fear.
Shivering from both anger and anemia, He gazed up hesitantly towards his friend .
There was a dangerous fire that burned in Tyson's eyes, and Koaru suddenly felt as though he were looking directly into the face of the Kyuubi. He could practically see the cruel beast laughing at him from behind a mask his friend's thoughts.

Defiant, however towards simply giving in, Koaru stubbornly pulled his kneels up to his chest. He had no intention of moving.
With sharp snap, he cried defensively, “Would you just stop it already! This has got nothing to do with Tatsuya. This is between me and you Tyson!”
Breathing in to calmed his own temper, Koaru then turned his attention to the cool wooden flooring beneath his bare feet.
With a soft murmur, he pressed on, “I'm sick of you always getting angry with me... You hate everything I do and there's just never any pleasing you.”
Shaking his pretty head with growing frustration, Koaru shut his eyes tightly, “Look, There's nothing going on between me and Tatsuya...God! Tyson, don't you understand that already?”
Finally daring to meet his friend's gaze, Koaru clenched his fists rebelliously, “On that note I  guess I have no idea about what this 'thing' is between us either...you already told me that you don't want to be with me! You said that you didn't care, weren't those your words Tyson?!... Why should it matter to you who I go out with?!”
The shattering sound of Tyson's fist colliding with the nearby wall seemed to echo throughout the small house. Koaru's words had clearly touched a nerve and furious beyond comprehension, Tyson began to shout, "Never mind all the hell you've put me through. Never mind what we said last night. Never mind that I've been at your side through thick and thin since the moment we met, put my life on the line, thrown away any pride I had- Never f*cking mind!"
Shuddering at the man's violent display, Koaru instinctively hugged his knees tighter. The tears in his eyes had begun to stain his cheeks again, and shamefully he buried his head into soft the comfort of his arms.
He silently hated himself for crying in front of Tyson, and continued to do so unwillingly while listening all the while to his friend's accusing shouts.
"Seriously, I don't care. Go to him. Frankly, it'll make everything a damn sight simpler for me. Now get the Hell out of my way. I'm not going to sit here and watch while you cast me aside like a piece of dirt...Take your tears to Tatsuya. I'm done caring."
Koaru's heart might as well have been ripped out of his chest, because at that point he even couldn’t feel it beating anymore.
This isn't fair....I've done nothing wrong, He does have any right to blame me
Swallowing back the immense pain in his veins, chest and head, Koaru slowly got to his feet.
His frail shoulders still shook with clear signs of distress. But gathering up the last of his courage, Koaru straightened himself up and murmured, “Tell me Tyson...when did I ever cast you aside?”
His deep meaningful eyes seemed to search the man's gorgeous features desperately for an answer.
Narrowing them thoughtfully, he explained, “I didn't reject you... I haven't pushed you away. I didn't winced at your touch or cringed back from your sharp words or glances”
A humorless chuckle threatened to escaped his fair lips as he continued, “If anything, I wish I had done more to encouraged your advances”
Grimacing with dizzying disappointment, Koaru staggered. Taking a moment to steady himself, he pleading breathlessly,“Please don't give me all this crap about being rejected... I know what rejection feels like. You've done a pretty good job of showing me that ever since our first kiss.”
Running a hand through his hair, Koaru finally sighed with clear defeat. He just didn't have anymore fight left in him. He felt faint and ill.
“Since you probably can't bear the sight of me anymore, I'll leave...”
Opening the door a crack, he then took a small step outside. The fresh air was a welcoming sensation, and glancing back over his shoulder, he murmured quietly, “I have one more thing to say... I could never love Tatsuya like I do with you. I don't have feelings for him... He said something once that I've never forgotten or forgiven. I won't be joining him tonight.”
Turning on his heel, Koaru then made his way wordlessly down the street. Turning towards the forest, He then disappeared along one of it's mountainous pathways.

There was only one place he could find comfort at when he was feeling this upset and It was up at the old leaf-God's shrine. A quiet neglected place, undisturbed the villagers and home to some of the loveliest koi ponds Koaru had ever seen.
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:21 am

When Tyson's savage speech had finally ended, there was a long moment of silence, while he glowered down at Koaru. At last, the other man pushed himself unsteadily to his feet. Tyson stepped back.
“Tell me Tyson... When did I ever cast you aside?” Koaru asked, his voice dangerously quiet as it hung in the air. Tyson's eyes narrowed, and though he opened his mouth to snap a retort, none came to him. Blinking uncertainly, he slowly closed his mouth again, and continued to scowl at Koaru, refusing to see the hurt in the soulful grey eyes that searched his face.
“I didn't reject you..." His friend reminded him firmly, "I haven't pushed you away. I didn't wince at your touch or cringe back from your sharp words or glances.” He chuckled under his breath, “If anything, I wish I had done more to encourage your advances.”
He stayed silent, unable to find a leg for his argument to stand on, and turned his head haughtily away, folding his arms over his chest.
"I don't want to hear it." He growled sulkily, "Go tell it to Tatsuya."
Now he just sounded like a moody teenager, fighting for the sake of it. He closed his eyes, bowing his head, and felt his anger begin to fizzle away. He could not deny that what Koaru said was true. 
“Please don't give me all this crap about being rejected..." His friend hissed breathlessly, staggering where he stood, "I know what rejection feels like. You've done a pretty good job of showing me that ever since our first kiss.”
He gnawed uncomfortably on the inside of his cheek, scowling down at his feet.
"You had no right to kiss me." He muttered, "I'm not the bad guy here."
Actually, it would seem that I am...
Dismissing his thoughts with an irritable twitch of his head, he looked up, and glared defiantly at Koaru. It was only pride and pigheaded stubbornness sustaining his argument now. Yet the force was too strong to allow his surrender.
“Since you probably can't bear the sight of me anymore, I'll leave...”
He glanced up, eyes widening momentarily in shock, and saw Koaru backing toward the door, running his hand through his beautiful long hair, and looking stressed to the point of illness. For the first time, Tyson felt a hand of guilt twist his gut.
"Look, Koaru..." He stepped forward, reaching out. The door cracked open, and when Koaru turned to face him, Tyson shrunk back, pulling back his hand, fingers curling uncertainly. Words failed him. 
“I have one more thing to say..." Koaru murmured softly, "I could never love Tatsuya like I do with you. I don't have feelings for him... He said something once that I've never forgotten or forgiven. I won't be joining him tonight.”
These words struck Tyson like a physical blow, and he just stood there, wide-eyed and stunned, as Koaru turned on his heel and swept outside with a flick of his hair. The door closed loudly behind him, and Tyson was left staring blankly at it, still half-reaching toward the point where his friend had vanished.
Slowly, he staggered back a step.
He was never going to go? He swallowed the sickening taste of bile, stumbling back again, and bringing his hand to his chest. His heart contracted with remorse. I gave him such Hell, and he was never even going to go? What's wrong with me?
"Koaru, wait!" Suddenly panicked, he flung open the door, glancing quickly left and right. No sign of Koaru. Cursing, he slammed the door shut, and burst into a sprint, dashing at full speed out into the night, with the cold air biting his cheeks.
What have I done?
Guided by the faint sense of Koaru's chakra, Tyson chased after his friend, racing out into the forest, until at last the rocky path led him to a clearing, marked by a magnificent shrine and a number of koi ponds. He didn't spare a blink for the beauty of the scene. His eyes saw only one thing: A lovely, pale figure walking slowly toward the shrine.
"Koaru!"
His shout sounded harsh in the silence, and a night bird rose up with a shriek from the branches of a tall pine nearby. Blind to all around him, Tyson raced straight ahead, and tackled Koaru into his arms, pinning him back against a cherry blossom tree towering high over a koi pond to the side. The tree shook at the impact, and as a rain of petals fell over the pair, Tyson grabbed Koaru about the waist, and pulled him roughly into an embrace. Their lips met, and Tyson braced his free hand against the tree as he leaned into the kiss, shutting his eyes against the unholy exhibition of passion. His fingernails dug into the rough bark of the tree, and he drew in a desperate breath as his lips broke from Koaru's.
"N-next time..." He gasped breathlessly, pale from suffocation, "Next time, why don't you open with that, damn it!"
He heaved a sigh, forehead falling heavily forwards to rest against Koaru's. He shut his eyes.
"I'm sorry." He meant it. "Koaru," He opened his blazing eyes, then grasped Koaru's cheeks firmly, forcing him to meet them, "I won't lose you." His hands ran down to Koaru's shoulder, but not once did his intense gaze waver, "The way I behaved was despicable, and I can't lie to myself any more." He sighed heavily, clenching his jaw, and bowed his head in shame. His grip on Koaru's shoulders tightened. "I want to be with you. I don't give a damn about anything else any more." He looked up, eyes dancing crimson with flames, "I want this. I want you." He searched his friend's face. And I don't want to share.
((Well. I was right. Turns out he is rather possessive. XD I didn't expect him to be such a jealous bag. Razz))

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:30 am

((Tyru are officially a thing^^ Maybe We should rub it in Tatsuya's face later on...Bet that would go down 'well' XD))

Darkness had already descended upon the sky by the time Koaru had reached the Mountain God's shrine.
The only light to guide him was the eerie glow of the full moon, and stepping soundlessly along the cobble-stone pathways, he glided through the gardens like a ghost among pallid lilies and cherry blossom trees.
His heart felt like a piece of lead in his chest, but sad as he was, no tears came to his eyes. He was done crying, at least for tonight.

Studying the flowers with a gentle gaze, he crouched down gracefully to pluck a single lily from it's stalk.
His fingertips traced along the flower's silky petals, but it was clear that his thoughts were somewhere else. He thought about only one person, Tyson.
What should I do?...I feel like a fool for suddenly storming out like that. It isn't like me to run away from a fight, but I-I just didn't know what else to do.
Bowing his head shamefully, Koaru sighed and got to his feet, “If I go back now, I doubt that any good will come of it...He's probably still angry with me”
Half-attentive to where his feet were taking him, Koaru nearly tripped over a loose paving stone when Tyson's harsh shout suddenly vibrated overheard.
Koaru!

Confused by the sere urgency in his friend's voice, Koaru spun around quickly to face the caller of his name.
“Tyson? What's-”
The words had barely left his lips when Tyson suddenly tackled him backwards. Together they fell against the rough trunk of a cherry tree, and slightly dazed from the impact, Koaru opened shocked eyes to gazed upon Tyson. The man had him pinned.
What's happening? He's not planning to fight me... is he?
Clearly taken aback by the man's sudden forcefulness, Koaru struggled briefly. His squirming form stilled however when he a pair of powerful familiar arms enveloped him, wrapping tightly around his waist and holding his close.
The air in his lungs seemed leave him, and helplessly he melted into Tyson's hold.
A sliver of fear and uncertainty flickered through his glossy eyes, but staring up into Tyson's desperate features, he didn't dare flinch away.
When they lips met, it was in with a passionate kiss, and Koaru gasped slightly in response. Tyson took his breath away and in a single moment all their fighting, troubles and fear seemed to fall by the wayside.

When the kiss finally broke, Tyson's hands grasped Koaru's shoulders. He was breathless and panted,“N-next time time...Next time, why don't you open with that, damn it”
Stunned and clearly lost for words by what had just happened, Koaru stammered,”I...I'm-”
When Tyson's forehead touched his own, Koaru felt a hot blush bite into his cold cheeks.
A shyness seemed veil him. He wasn't used to seeing Tyson up close, and the intensity in the man's handsome gaze made him both nervous and flustered.

“I'm sorry. Koaru”
The words were serious and heartfelt, striking Koaru like the head of an arrow.
He could almost read the regret in Tyson's features, and furrowing his eyebrows sympathetically, he bowed his head murmured, “Me too...I shouldn’t have left like that ”
Hands seemed to grasp his cheeks and gazing up obediently, Koaru listened as Tyson continued to speak.
“I won't lose you...The way I behaved was despicable, and I can't lie to myself anymore.”
Clasping Tyson's hands warmly in his own, Koaru felt them slip loose from his hold, and tighten around his shoulders.
“I want to be with you. I don't give a damn about anything else any more”

Koaru couldn't believe his ears, he wasn't even sure if he had heard the words correctly.
Gazing speechlessly towards Tyson, he almost expected the man to brush it all off with a laugh, maybe even call it a joke.
But when Tyson didn't do that, Koaru felt his heartbeat leap into his throat. This is really happening isn't it?
Gently tracing his fingertips over Tyson's dark cheek, he quietly comprehended his friend's words with a thoughtful, near cautious gaze. He was still uncertain about what he had actually heard and still secretly feared rejection.
When Tyson spoke again however, his words were dead serious and clear as daylight, “I want this. I want you.”
A rush of emotion seemed to overcome Koaru, and quietly burying his face into Tyson's shoulder, he murmured,“I could die happy...Tyson, I-I'm so happy”
His words were slightly muffled as he clung desperately to the folds of his friend’s shirt.
It was though a massive weight had been lifted from his delicate shoulders, and with it, all the grief from their fight.
For a while he just remained there in Tyson's arms, not daring to move. If this was a dream he didn't want to ever wake up.
The Man's pine-needle scent comforted him, and slowly wrapping his thin arms around Tyson's neck, he breathed out a small sigh and smiled at him from behind moonlit eyes, “You're so stubborn, y'know that?...”
Musing affectionately, Koaru shook his head and softly kissed Tyson's cheek, “Thank you...Tyson, I really mean it. Thank you for coming to find me” A shy, but loving glance crept upon his doll-like features.
Absentmindedly he began to fiddled with a strand of Tyson's dark fringe. A spark of realization dawned on him a moment later, and furrowing his eyebrows thoughtfully, he perked up and mumbled, “You've cut your hair, haven't you?”
Tenderly Stroking back a strand of Tyson's hair, he beamed, “It suits you. I really like it”
Opening his mouth to speak, Koaru suddenly faltered. He had lost his footing over an upturned root. ((Which the hand of God put there. Haha!))
Unbalanced, he topple over with a small splash into the koi pond. The pond was shallow, but held more than enough water to soak his clothes.
Embarrassed and slightly cold, Koaru shook his wet hair from his face. It had come loose with the fall, and spilled out around his shoulders in brilliant purple waves.
silence hung heavily overhead as the 'romantic' moment briefly died.
A minute or two later, a soft musical laugh tinkled through the air like a bell. A shamed, but smiling expression had tainted Koaru's pale lips. And sitting up neatly from his spot amongst the koi fish. He apologized quickly and began to search feebly for his missing hair-tie.
He murmured a string of apologies while he sifted through the water, But at least one thing was for sure. The water did nothing to damped his spirits, only his clothes. After-all handsome men couldn’t be hurt by water.

((Wasn't sure if you want Tyson in the water with him or up on Dry land, Hahaha, You choose^^))
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:18 am

((Tyson is totally going to do that. XD This guy is kind of an ass... And VERY possessive. O.o ))

As Tyson watched, the uncertainty in Koaru's gaze melted away, and when a light of joy came to his eyes, Tyson felt his own expression soften at last. Koaru had forgiven him. Everything was going to be okay.
“I could die happy..." Koaru murmured, and when he stepped forward and buried his head in Ty's shoulder, Tyson bowed his own head automatically in response, a faint smile curving his lips as he held Koaru gently in his warm embrace.
"Tyson, I-I'm so happy.”
"Good." He closed his eyes, stroking a hand softly over his friend's spine, "That's what I was going for."
He felt Koaru's fists tighten on his shirt, and he remained obediently still as he stood there, with the man he loved wrapped safely in his arms. Koaru's face remained hidden at his shoulder, so Ty let his cheek rest against Koaru's hair, feeling the silky soft strands caressing his face. He had always been particularly taken with that hair. It was like something out of a painting, come to life before his very eyes...
Drawing in a deep, shaky breath, he squeezed his eyes tightly shut, and felt his fingers curl at Koaru's back as a sense of tension stole through his muscles. He had fought this for so long... Now that he had stopped fighting, the relief he felt was almost painful. It had proved a difficulty bordering on impossible; denying himself of the love he felt for Koaru, just because he was a man.
It was strange... Now that he had Koaru in his arms, that hardly even seemed to matter any more. He had everything he wanted. What did it matter if he was in love with another man?

At last, he felt Koaru shifting in his embrace, and loosened his grip to allow the man to pull back. Koaru's arms threaded around his neck, and he stood silently as a pair of beautiful grey eyes twinkled down at him.
“You're so stubborn, y'know that?...” Koaru teased, causing Tyson to roll his eyes in amusement. "You could say that..." He muttered, smiling as a pair of lips brushed his cheek.
“Thank you...Tyson, I really mean it. Thank you for coming to find me.”
Hearing this, his brow creased into a frown, and he shook his head firmly. "Thank you for setting me straight."
His expression softened again upon seeing the shyness in Koaru's dainty features, and his usually red-tinted eyes seemed to have mellowed to mahogany brown. He felt the other man touch his fringe, and for once he didn't object. He just stood there peacefully, allowing Koaru to discover him as he saw fit. ((Think innocent thoughts, Ink, innocent thoughts... XD I couldn't find a way to word it without it sounding dirty... *Puts on cone of shame* ))
“You've cut your hair, haven't you?”
"What?" Jerked out of his reverie, Ty frowned suspiciously at Koaru. He had almost forgotten about that. Was there something wrong with it? Did it look-
“It suits you. I really like it.”
He huffed a sigh of relief, rolling his eyes. "It was getting annoying." He grunted dismissively, pretending not to be too pleased about Koaru's approval. It wasn't like he cared what his friend thought or anything. Why on earth would he do that?

Koaru seemed as though he wanted to say more, but the very next moment he shifted back, and lost his balance. Ty blinked in confusion as his friend started to fall, and reached out for him a moment too late, his fingertips just brushing Koaru's before he leaped back to avoid the splash that arose from a body striking the still water of the koi pond behind them. Tyson raised his eyebrows, eyes wide with surprise, as he watched Koaru sitting in the pond, surrounded by koi fish, with a rather bemused expression on his face. The sight was so comical, so endearing, that Tyson had to bite his lip to keep from laughing.
Then, just when he thought he couldn't hold it in any longer, Koaru uttered the first laugh, and his own lips pulled instantly into a smile. He chuckled politely into his hand, shaking his head, and regally approached the koi pond once more, looking down at his sopping friend.
"My God," He shook his head, grinning, "For a ninja, you're really clumsy, do you know that?"
Then, with a handsomely amused little smirk, he stepped forward into the pond and sat down beside Koaru - showing no regard whatsoever for his clothes - as if it was the most normal thing in the world.
Strands of long, purple hair floated around the pair of them in the water, and as Koaru scrabbled around for his hair tye, Tyson patiently laid a hand on his arm to stop him, and shook his head.
"Leave it loose." He scolded softly, smiling as he brushed a few silky strands away from the man's eyes, "Just this once," He chuckled, "Stop stressing, and let it go."
I should give myself the same advice...
Wrapping an arm around Koaru's shoulders, Tyson stared up at the full moon overhead, nestled amongst a twinkling cluster of stars. The sky was smooth as velvet, and darker than he'd ever seen it. It was beautiful. 
"The sky is so clear here." He commented quietly, his voice barely audible over the soft splashes of frightened koi.
Just then, a gust of wind struck him, and Tyson shivered slightly. Of course, he was now soaking wet. But he had no intention of getting out of that koi pond just yet. 
"Hey..." Tyson leaned against Koaru's shoulder, staring at a curious fish that had swum forward to investigate his shoe, "Thank you for not giving up on me. You could have... Maybe you should have, but..." He smiled to himself, "I'm glad you didn't. In fact, I'm excited about this. It's been a difficult pill to swallow, and to be honest I'm still struggling to come to terms with the fact that I'm in love with a man..." He paused a moment, gnawing his lip anxiously, then shrugged it off and looked back at Koaru, his deep brown eyes twinkling earnestly.
"But if you'll still have me," He murmured fondly, already knowing the answer, "I think I'd be... Happy... To call you my boyfriend."

((o_0 My character broke. This relationship thing is smushing him. Just wait, he'll be singing love songs next. ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:03 am

((Oh Good Lord! Koaru's back with the riddles again. To be honest they are more like poems this time...Really lame ones, but lets not tell him that XD))

”Leave it loose.”
Tyson's soft scolding caught Koaru by surprise, and feeling a gentle hand touch his arm, Koaru obediently stilled his scrabbling and quietly raised his head.
It's in such an awful state though, I look like a mess
His damped bangs ran like purple liquid across his elegant Ivory features. Blinking thoughtfully, he looked up to find a pair of warm mahogany eyes upon him.
A loving smile had curled the corners of Tyson's mouth. And feeling the cool, tingling sensation of fingertips against his skin, Koaru blushed shyly when his friend began to lean in towards him.
Brushing away a few rouge strands from Koaru's fringe, Tyson chuckled, ”Just this once...Stop stressing, and let it go”

An inkling of relaxation prickle through his limbs, but Koaru was still far too flustered and nervous to actually relax.
He smiled warmly at the man he loved, taking in every detail that handsome face and engraving it into his heart.
He's right though, there is no need to stress any more. Everything is just...it's perfect.
Catching Tyson's eye with a teasing wink, Koaru scolded, “That goes for you too then”
With a cheerful sigh, The Ninja then closed his eyes and leaned gently against Tyson's shoulder.
A warm pair of arms soon embraced him, and opening his eyes thoughtfully, he followed Tyson's serene gaze up to the stars.
"The sky is so clear here.”, Tyson commented.
Koaru couldn’t deny the beauty he saw as he examined the diamond-studded darkness overhead. The glimmer of the stars looked like jewels lost out in an infinite black sea.
“It really is Lovely, isn't it?”, he mumbled back.
A breath of icy wind chilled their soaked clothes and despite the shiver that crept over his own skin, Koaru's concern suddenly drifted towards Tyson. Realization stuck him like a tiny electric shock, and looking over Tyson's drenched attire with thoughtful eyes, he mulled, We're both sitting in a Koi pond...drenched and cold
Secretly touched by the fact that Tyson had joined him in his watery endeavour, Koaru chuckled to himself and nuzzled the man's neck affectionately,”You're soak down to the bone, you know that right?”
Tyson didn't seem to be all that bother by the cold, instead his attention fell upon a curious koi fish near his shoe.

“Hey...”
His silky voice made Koaru look up.
”Thank you for not giving up on me, You could have...Maybe you should have, but...I'm glad you didn't. In fact, I'm excited about this.”
Koaru felt his heartbeat flutter like a little bird inside his chest, and meeting Tyson with tender smile of his own, he murmured, “Me too, I'm nervous though...but excited at the same. It's like start of a new adventure”
His own arms wound warmly around Tyson's neck, and he rested his head against the man's muscular chest. Listening all the while as his lover continued to speak.
”It's been a difficult pill to swallow, and to be honest I'm still struggling to come to terms with the fact that I'm in love with a man..."
Furrowing his eyebrows slightly, Koaru arched his neck back to meet Tyson's mysterious dark eyes.
That's right...Tyson's always treated me as a man. He knows what I am and despite everything, how I look or how others see me, He's never once treated as anything less.
Admiration for the man continued to build up inside Koaru's heart, reminding him of all the little things he had come to love about him.
A note of the nervousness in Tyson seemed to catch his attention, and tilting his head uncertainly, he questioned, "Ty?"
With the last of his nerves finally cast aside, Tyson smiled,"But if you'll still have me...I think I'd be... Happy... To call you my boyfriend."
Unable to hold back the love and utter happiness that he felt for Tyson, Koaru traced his fingertips tenderly over the man's lips, “You already know my answer Tyson...”
His silver-coloured eyes shone with radiance equal to moonlight, and meeting Tyson with a deep kiss, he mumbled, “I'd be honered to call you my boyfriend...and equally so to be yours.”
When the last of his breath finally left him, he pulled away from his lover, examining him with all the fondness of a lovestruck cupid.
He loves me, and I him...Loneliness with never touch touch us again, not as long as we have each other

When another draft of icy wind caught them, Koaru smiled and shivered, “Maybe we should get out of this pond now, the poor fish aren't looking all that pleased with us.”
Rubbing away the cold from his frail arms, he stood up reluctantly. He hadn't wanted to move from his spot beside Tyson, but the cold wind was getting the better of him.
Offering out his hand to the man, he teased, “I can't have you catching a cold now, can I?”

Once he and Tyson had stepped out of the pond, and onto land. They made their way back towards the village. A short walk through the forest brought them to the village borders, and things went well until the very moment when Koaru's house came into view.
Waiting patiently outside on the porch, stood Tatsuya. His dark eyes seemed to fall onto Koaru first, and then briefly onto Tyson. Both of them looked pretty strange with their drenched clothing and soaked hair.
However Tatsuya's eyes focused on only thing as he looked their way. Their intertwined hands had caught his attention.
Koaru knew that Tatsuya understood now, but felt anxious about how his friend would react to situation. He had never given in to Tatsuya's advances, but still felt responsible for the angry rejection in the man's eyes.
With wordless fear, he squeezed Tyson's hand in own. He wasn't sure what Tatsuya would do, but he wasn't going to let his lover and his friend fight.

((Feel free to use Tatsuya to your heart's content. I figured that we could have one more ounce of drama before sending them off to bed. (No not like that Polo, keep that dirty mind away XD)))
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:14 am

Seeing the delight in Koaru's eyes, Tyson's expression softened, and he felt himself smile automatically when a dainty finger brushed his lips.
“You already know my answer Tyson...” His eyes searched Koaru's, entranced by their beauty, until finally falling closed when Koaru kissed him. He drew in a quick breath, tilting his head to accept, and threaded a hand automatically around the back of Koaru's head. For a moment the whole world dissolved to the point where their lips met, then the spell was broken, and reality rushed back to meet him as he gasped a breath of cold air, keeping his eyes half shut as he breathed Koaru's air, clinging to the moment just one beat longer.
“I'd be honered to call you my boyfriend..." Koaru mumbled breathlessly, "And equally so to be yours.”
They broke apart, and seeing the love in Koaru's eyes, Tyson smiled. It was easy, now. He had stopped fighting, and suddenly the doubts that had held him back didn't matter any more. Koaru was his, all his, and he was happy. Such beauty, such kindness - such sheer perfection in one wonderful person... To think that he had very nearly lost this man to Tatsuya was enough to make his blood run cold.

Koaru noticed the chill before he did.
“Maybe we should get out of this pond now," The soft voice beside him suggested, "The poor fish aren't looking all that pleased with us.”
With a breath of amusement, Tyson nodded. But, reluctant to move, he remained seated while Koaru rubbed the chill from his arms, then stood. Tyson still made no move to follow, until a hand reached out to him, extending fingers as pretty as a porcelain doll's. He reached out automatically, then paused, looking up at Koaru as though unsure if he could really take the man's hand without breaking it. Now that Koaru was, so to speak, 'his' - he rather felt that something so precious would be better off displayed in a museum, than out in the world. ((Is it just me, or is somebody trying to turn Koaru into a trophy wife? o_0 My character is a dick.))
“I can't have you catching a cold now, can I?” Koaru teased, his playful voice shattering Tyson's thoughts.
"I never catch colds." He retorted, disagreeable as ever. His lips pulled into a crooked smile as he grabbed his friend's hand, pulling himself to his feet. "You, on the other hand, look like a drowned rat." He smiled sympathetically, giving the man's frail shoulders a quick rub to warm them up. "Here," He shrugged off his jacket, and draped it around Koaru's shoulders, "I'm afraid it's a little wet," He laughed, "But it'll do until we get home."

As always, the fire in his veins warmed him, and Tyson allowed Koaru's fingers to mesh with his own as the pair walked back to the village together. He followed amiably, allowing his gaze to wonder over scenery that suddenly showed beauty he'd never noticed before. He was relaxed, at peace, for what felt like the first time in his life. A smile lingered faintly at the corners of his mouth right until Koaru's house came into view. Then, he felt the hand in his tighten with tension. Brows drawing into a frown, he looked at Koaru, then quickly followed his gaze.
There, right in front of them, stood Tatsuya.
Tyson took a good, long look at him, and his hand on Koaru's tightened. Subtle, the smile returned to his lips.
I win.
"He'll be upset." Tyson pointed out quietly to Koaru. He didn't seem too bothered by this fact. "I'll give you two a moment to talk. Don't stay out too long." He squeezed the man's hand, "It's cold."
With that, Tyson released Koaru's hand, and gave him a reassuring pat between the shoulder blades. Then his eyes lifted to Tatsuya's, and with cocky victory burning in his gaze, he strode forward and brushed roughly past the man, letting himself into the house. He held neither respect nor affection for Tatsuya. Honestly, he could barely distinguish that man from the dirt on which he trod. If his relationship with Koaru bothered Tatsuya, well... If anything, that was a perk.

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:58 am

“He'll be upset”
With his fingers still threaded delicately between Tyson's, Koaru felt a soft sigh escape his pretty pale lips,“Yes...I suppose he will be. But I-”
Dropping his gaze with a thoughtful smile, Koaru found himself examining the tiny pebbles beneath his shoes. Their moonlit glimmer had caught his eye, and he watched them with silent fascination as he spoke. “Tatsuya needs to understand how things are now...As his friend, I owe him that much”
Out of the corner of his eye, Koaru watched Tyson for a response, He wasn't all that sure about how his boyfriend would react, but silently hoped that things would smooth over. He deeply dreaded the idea of another fight, especially considering how badly their last once had gone.

I'll give you two a moment to talk, Tyson offered.
Tightening his fingers around Koaru's hand, Tyson then slipped loose and stepped forward towards the house,”Don’t stay out too long. It's cold”
A tiny surge of gratitude seemed to spark up within Koaru. It seemed as though he had worried all this time over nothing.
A cheerful smile curved the corners of his mouth, and bowing his head respectfully, he flushed and mumbled, “Don't worry Ty, I'll meet you inside as soon as I can”
With that said, Koaru followed his boyfriend towards the Dojo entrance, stopping only when Tatsuya stepped in front of him.
Despite Tyson's reassuring words, the man did little in actually hiding his hostility towards Tatsuya. And Koaru was left cringing nervously when the two men brushed past each other, with threatening glances and unsaid words.

When the front door of the Dojo had finally clicked closed, Koaru could breath again and turned his attention to Tatsuya.
They were alone. The only other sounds heard, were the brief noises of the forest, and the incessant buzzing of the mosquitoes as they circled the street lamps overhead.

Swallowing back the bile in his throat, Koaru upheld his relaxed smile. It served as a shield to mask his emotions and thoughts. He dared not break the silence between them, and thankfully Tatsuya took it upon himself to speak first, “Would you care to explain the situation to me, Now that we're Alone and all?”

Koaru glanced into Tatsuya's angered eyes with uncertainty. He silently feared the raw emotion he saw there, and became acutely aware of the rippling muscles tensing in his friend's arms.
Before he could even open his mouth to explain, Tatsuya growled bitterly, “I thought that you weren’t with anybody Koaru?...You lied, and left me here to make a Damn fool of myself!”
Clearly taking some strain, Koaru narrowed his eyes and remained as he was, calm and collected, “No...I only said that things were complicated. You were the one who assumed that I was alone”

A bitter laugh was the only response Tatsuya dared to give. And running a rough hand through his long, midnight hair, he murmured, ”I see. So you've made your chose then?”
Koaru's voice didn't waver, and he nodded a simple reply, “When It comes down to matters of the heart, there's barely a chose. I've chosen Tyson.”

Tsking his tongue with clear frustration, Tatsuya stubbornly shook his head, “No! I just can't accept that. God Dammit! I won't accept it!”
“Tatsuya that’s not for you to deci-”
In a moment of heated anger, Tatsuya slammed his fist directly into the pillar, above Koaru's head, silencing him with the cracking sound of wood, and sheer bellow of his own thundering voice.
“He doesn't deserve you! He couldn't possibly love you the way I do!”

Breathing heavily with the burden of his sudden confession, Tatsuya's eyes widened with slight horror. He had very nearly struck Koaru through all his raging.
Slowly he loosened his fist from the cracked wood.
”I'm sorry”, He murmured.
Rubbing the back of his neck thoughtfully, he sighed, “But nothing good will come from dating that outsider. He's scourge without a home. I've seen his type, he'll probably leave you the moment he gets bored with things...”
Stepping forward, Tatsuya clasped Koaru's chin lightly between his fingertips “I just don't want to see you get hurt Koaru.“

Despite the clear shock from Tatsuya's actions, Koaru barely flinched from where he stood. He had kept his calm composer like the trained actor he was. The only thing that had altered was the smiling mask. It had fallen away into something truly blank and dead of all emotion. All that remained was the face of a porcelain doll.
When Koaru did glance up to meet Tatsuya's eyes, he felt his friend shudder and step backwards. The man had clearly not expected to see such threat from Koaru, not to this kind of degree anyway.
The ice in those cold gray eyes struck him like a physical blow, and what came next stunned Tatsuya into further shock.
With sharp slap, Koaru removed Tatsuya's hand from his chin.
“I'm not yours to touch”, he mumbled quietly, his tone slightly darker than usual.
Turning away, he then folded his arms defiantly across his damp chest. The chill from the wind had left him frozen and pale.
Staring out over lamp-lit streets, he added “I'm also not yours to control Tatsuya...I can't accept your feelings and I have nothing more to say to you on this topic.”
Tatsuya looked about ready to counter, but held his tongue when Koaru suddenly closed his eyes and shivered, “Please...I've really had enough of this. I'm tired.”
The two friends stared hard into each other's eyes, but stubborn as Tatsuya was, he soon got the message and wordlessly took his leave. There was nothing else he could say to change change Koaru's mind, not at that moment anyway.

When Koaru was finally left to his own, he padded up towards the front door. Opening it with a small click, he then took refuge inside it's warm interior. The fireplace had been lit, and the crackling flames sparked and jumped happily as they licked at pieces of log and bits of bark.
Tyson? Did he did he do all of this?
Koaru searched the living room for Tyson, but when the man was nowhere to be seen, he decided to make his way towards the bathroom instead.
The pond water stench still clung to his clothes, and taking advantage of the empty shower, Koaru quickly stripped down to wash away the chill from his skin.
Once he had finished, he changed into fresh shorts and a plain white t-shirt. A long purple plait ran along his spine, reaching a little way past his calves.
Deciding to make his way back towards the living room, Koaru soon found the one person he had been searching for; His prince.

Tyson had taken refuge on the couch closest to the fireplace, and approaching him with a look a sere relief, Koaru smiled and mumbled shyly, “I'm glad to see you, I was a little worried when I couldn't find you.”
Slipping down onto couch beside his boyfriend, Koaru hugged his knees and rested his head lightly against his boyfriend's chest.
The comforting sound of the man's heart beat seemed to ease away a little of the stress and fear he had felt that evening.
Closing his eyes, he questioned softly,“Would you mind if I laid like this for a while?...I really just need to be close to you right now.”

((So Long, I'm really not proud of this.... How does this even happen T_T. Hope this is okay...Tatsuya freaked the Hell out, but Koaru survived^^ So proud of him, he didn't even cry. *Pets Character* ))

Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:22 pm

One might assume that Tyson would be worried, but the truth was, Tatsuya proved no more threatening in his mind than any other slimy, scavenging rodent. He was so far outside Koaru's league, they were only barely the same species. At least, that was how Tyson saw it. If it came down to swords and fists, Tatsuya wouldn't last five seconds, let alone a minute.
He wasn't worried, because he wasn't concerned. Koaru wouldn't need him, no matter how heated things got.

Yawning and stretching casually, he walked into the lounge, and paused a moment, looking around. The room was cold and unwelcoming. Given his less-than-gloomy mood, the grey walls and the shadows on the rug simply wouldn't do. So, forming a quick seal with his fingers, Tyson conjured a tongue of flame, and flicked it into the ashen fireplace, sending it roaring into life in seconds. With a satisfied nod, he dusted his hands, and cast a pleased glance over the room, which was now bathed in a golden light. He welcomed the warmth.
Rolling his shoulders, Tyson pulled a face at the touch of wet fabric on his chest. With an irritable huff, he squirmed out of his shirt, tossing it over his shoulder as he vanished into 'his' room to change.
By the time he had dug out a clean shirt to put on, he could hear the sound of a door clicking shut in the other room, followed by quiet footsteps. He pulled on a white vest, grunting irritably when it stuck on his arms, and jerked it over his chest. A shower started in the other room, and it was to the soft music of rushing water that Tyson strode back out into the lounge, flopping down on the couch, and flipping open his notebook to work on one of the sketches at the back. It took barely a few pen strokes for Koaru to reappear, damp purple hair tamed in a long braid down his back. Tyson didn't look up to acknowledge his arrival, but when the other man took a seat beside him, he silently closed his notebook, turning his attention instead to his weary boyfriend.
Boyfriend... Now that would take some getting used to.
“I'm glad to see you," Koaru confessed as he laid his head upon Tyson's chest, "I was a little worried when I couldn't find you.”
"Hmph." He scoffed, "As if I'd run off and leave you alone with Mister Moody out there."
His fingers brushed Koaru's cheek, and took to fiddling absentmindedly with loose locks of the hair framing his face.
“Would you mind if I laid like this for a while...?" The soft voice beside him asked, "I really just need to be close to you right now.”
Wordlessly, Ty wrapped an arm around Koaru's shoulders and squeezed him close, bending to kiss the top of his head.
"Of course." He whispered, rubbing his boyfriend's frail shoulders, "You take all the time you need. I'm here for you."
He frowned at the softness of his own voice. It was barely recognizable, and for a moment, it startled to him. He feared at first that he might be turning soft, but then he looked at Koaru, and his expression softened. What need was there to fear it? Koaru had turned him so damn soft, it was a wonder he still had a spine to hold him upright.
Inhaling deeply, he breathed a soft sigh, and hugged his boyfriend warmly to his chest. Like that they sat, for hours on end, until at last Tyson's tired eyes slid shut against the ticking of the clock.
He awoke to a sound like shattering glass.

"Tyson?!" A shrill voice jerked him to his feet like a hooked fish, and with eyes wide but groggy from sleep, he instinctively pulled out a kunai. Then he saw Lizzie, and it fell from his fingers, landing with a clatter on the floor amongst shards of broken glass and withered flowers - clearly a gift from one of Lizzie's suitors.
"You're back?" She asked with a sneer, "'Guess I shouldn't be surprised. You didn't take the time to say goodbye, so I suppose I can't expect you to greet me, either-" She broke off suddenly, falling deadly silent. Her eyes darted suspiciously from Tyson to Koaru and back again, then slowly narrowed in suspicion.
Seeing this, Tyson raised his chin defensively, and spoke up at last.
"It isn't my fault you're always running off." He growled, "If anything, this-"
"What?"
Tyson grunted in surprise, taken aback. Maybe Lizzie wouldn't have to ask 'what' if she'd let him finish.
"Like I was saying," He snapped pointedly, "This is-"
"No!" Lizzie cut him off, "What?"
"What do you-"
"Shut the hell up!" She rushed forward, grabbing a handful of shirt at the collar, and Tyson uttered a hiss of annoyance when he was forced to look up at her. "So you're talking now?" She spat, eyes flashing vindictively.
Oh...
Suddenly, Lizzie's reaction began to make sense.
"I begged, you insolent little worm! I begged you to speak to me!" She shook him, but gained no response. Her voice rose an octave in frustration. "I'm your sister! Your only family-"
At this, Tyson pushed her hands away. "You're not my only family." He corrected calmly, "Dad-"
"Dad's dead, Tyson!" Lizzie shouted, ignoring the threat in her brother's eyes, "You're an adult now - just deal with it already! He's not coming back."
A growl rose in his throat, but again Lizzie ignored him.
"And this-!" She jerked her head to indicate Koaru, still sitting, startled, on the couch. Her eyes narrowed. "What would Dad say, Tyson? You're a disgrace."
There was a moment of stony silence, while Lizzie scowled at Tyson, and he just stared sightlessly at the wall.
"What do you have to say for yourself?" She demanded at last, glaring at him.
Tyson looked up at her, slowly, his eyes tinted red. For a moment they glared at one another, the tension palpable, then Tyson spat out something in French, and Lizzie gasped.
"You ASS!" She shrieked, slapping him harshly across the cheek, so hard that his head snapped sideways.
"Have fun with your little boyfriend!" She yelled, storming over to the door, and wrenching it open, "Because you're going to Hell!"
"See you there." He snapped back.
"God, I hope you DIE!"
Lizzie's final syllable was punctuated by the stonecracking slam of the door, and as an angry breath of cold wind from outside stirred the curtains, Tyson too turned on his heel, and stormed out of the room. He was furious, and it was the claws of the Kyuubi rather than his own nails that bit into his palms as he clenched his fists at his sides.
My father is alive. He told himself stubbornly, fleeing into his room, and slamming the door behind him.
And I'm going to make sure he stays that way. If I can still save his life, what does it matter if I've decided to love a man?
His knees buckled, and he slumped down onto his bed, eyes still wide from the shock of the sudden fight. He stared down at his palms, shaking under tiny, beading drops of blood. Just as he was beginning to wonder hos things had got so bad, a scream tore through the still air. His head jerked up.
Lizzie!
"Koaru!" He flung the door open, disregarding his fight with his sister as quickly as she had started it. "Back me up." He tossed his boyfriend a kunai, "Let's hurry."
With that, he pulled open the door, staggering backwards at the force of the wind. A storm was brewing, and Tyson was shocked to see that it was evening already. He and Koaru must have slept through the entire day.
Another scream shrieked shrilly across the Heavens. Without sparing so much as a glance for Koaru, Tyson started running, his heart already constricting his throat.
Lizzie, please be okay. You're all I have left. Please... He closed his eyes, fingers tightening on his kunai, and sent a silent prayer to a God in whom he barely believed. Please...

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:50 am

((Tyru = Where Princess Bubblegum meets Prince of Persia XD))
((Mahahah! So excited about this Rp! Can't wait to see Tyson turn all Kyuubi-like and burn everyone, *Wink Wink*...I think I might actually miss Lizzie though. Just a little bit))

”Of coarse. You take all the time you need... I'm here for you”
When Tyson's lips brushed gently against his forehead, Koaru felt the comers of his mouth curve into a tiny smile.
His boyfriend's every touch and caress seemed to sooth him, And the night of fighting and misunderstandings seemed to be just a long past nightmare.

Together the two men remained in each others arms till the early hours of dawn.
With whispers of tender affection and secrecy upon their lips, they spoke softly until finally the tides of slumber caught up with them, leaving Konoha's princess silently asleep beside his Prince.

Koaru drifted soundly into sleep that night, and for the first time in weeks he felt properly rested. Camping out in the cold dark forest had clearly done his bed, or at least the couch, little to no justice. He would be an absolute liar if he said that he wasn't happy to back home.
The peace however, was not to last, For come Morning it deserted him just as quickly as it had come.

The sound of shattering glass suddenly filled the room, followed by a shrill shout from an oddly familiar voice.
Startled, Koaru awoke with a small jolt. He quickly rubbed away the sleep from his watery eyes, and snapped his neck round to focus on the two figures standing up before him. The one was clearly Tyson, while the other one belonged to...Lizzie?
It's been a while since I've seen her, I wonder if she's all okay.

Few things escaped Koaru's attentive gaze, and as he searched Lizzie's pretty profile he saw lines of rage and smug haughtiness run along her cheeks. He frowned at that expression, and wasn't all that sure of what to make of it. He hadn't ever seen her look like that before, then again perhaps he'd never really seen her in a temper.

Shifting up into his seat, Koaru dropped his feet lightly to floor. The tips of his toes brushed briefly against something cold and wet...Glass?
What happened here?
He blinked again, this time turning to Tyson for an answer. When his boyfriend spared him no words, and even less explanation, Koaru felt his heart-beat quicken at the sight of the readied Kunai dangling between his fingertips.
Before he could open his mouth to protest, the steely knife slipped to the floor with a hollow thud. Tyson hadn't intended on harming Lizzie, and from the shocked reaction he gave, he never did.
Relived, Koaru felt a soft sigh escape his lips. Whatever was going on between the two, wasn't good, but at least it didn't look violent.

At first the two siblings simply talked, arguing with a few heated comments here and there. From Koaru's perspective, it seemed to be nothing more than simple sulking, mostly from Lizzie's part. However as the girl gained ground over her complaints, Koaru saw the fight evolve into nothing less than jealous threat. With a knife-like sneer Lizzie made a grab for Tyson's collar, yanking the man close and giving him a clear piece of her mind.
Flustered by her action, Koaru felt his hands clench with anxiety and inkling anger.
He hated this, he hated fighting. He hadn't seen this side of Lizzie before, but he defiantly didn't like it. How could she show such utter disrespect to his boyfriend, her own brother. Koaru wanted to say something, do something, anything to make them stop, but neither the words nor the actions came to his aid.
Despite the way he was feeling, he also realized that he couldn't just stand up and protect Tyson.
No, If I intervene now, Tyson's pride will hurt. He wouldn't want me to protect him, not in front of Lizzie, And not over something as trivial like this...Am I really so useless to him.

With a sharp shove, Tyson finally showed some resistance of his own. Pulling away from his sister's clutches, he muttered something incoherent to Lizzie. She looked livid, and her face flushed red with rage as she hissed back a cutting retort about their father.“Your an adult now – just deal with it already! He's not coming back”
A nip of sympathy caught Koaru at that remark, and glancing quickly towards Tyson, he saw that raw nerve had indeed been hit. Koaru knew all to well that Tyson wasn't made of stone, and no matter what anybody else said, he knew that his friend was hurting.

Feeling Lizzie's suddenly eyes upon him, Koaru blinked uncertainly when the girl began to stare his way.
He felt uncomfortable and unselfconscious as her blue gaze traced suspiciously over his pajamas. Her mouth twisted with slight shock as she put two and two together.
“And This-!” Her voice rang on at an ungodly high pitch. Whipping round to face her brother, she pressed,”What would Dad say, Tyson? You're a disgrace”
Blushing crimson, Koaru felt sick to his stomach with guilt. He loved Tyson more than anything else, He hadn't wanted to cause the man trouble, not with his own family.

When his boyfriend proceeded to ignore Lizzie's remarks, Koaru began to grow steadily worried. Tyson's silence was a dangerous sign, and Koaru could see that the man was reaching to his limit.
A slip of french left suddenly left his lips, breaking the silence.
It was all that was needed to set Lizzie off. And when Tyson opened his mouth to speak again, The girl quickly rewarded him with a viscous slap across the cheek.
Within seconds she was out the door, slamming it shut with a violent swing.

Koaru was utterly shocked by what had happened. And getting to his feet quickly, he staggered to Tyson's side. Eyes wide with tearful worry. Instinctively he reached out a hand towards his boyfriend's shoulder, “Ty? Are you-”
When Tyson slipped away from his touch, Koaru took a small step backwards. He's far from Fine. How could he not be after all that had just happened.
Deciding to give Tyson some space, Koaru watched him wordlessly as he slipped off towards his 'room'.

Once more things seemed to be in shambles, and with a heavy heart and a small sigh, Koaru turned his attention to the smashed vase on the floor.
It's odd how easily one can empathize with an object like this... Withered flowers and broken glass, I suppose somebody should pick up the pieces.
A few minutes later the floor was spotless. Koaru had changed for the day, and now stood sweeping up all the little glass fragments he could see. The work gave him a feeling of slight satisfaction, unfortunately it dissolved all to quickly when a fragrance of heavy chakra tingled through his senses.
Dropping the broom from his hands, Koaru froze. Something’s wrong, I don't like this feeling...It's too familiar and yet all together strange.
A woman's cry suddenly echoed through the forest behind the house, and turning his attention to the sound of racing foot steps. Koaru saw Tyson emerge from his room with an expression of complete dread.“Koaru! Back me up”
With a firm nod, Koaru caught the Kunai Tyson had tossed him.
“Lets hurry.
Together they raced outside into the forest.
Lizzie's scream tore through the air overhead as they ran, and Koaru feared the dwindling sense of her chakra. It seemed to be slowly fading away.
Please let her be okay, Please.

“Tyson!”, he called out through a panic stricken voice. Koaru eyes suddenly went wide with fear as he began to realized who the other chakra belonged to.
Takeru...It's him, I'm sure of it.
Quickening his pace to keep up with Tyson, Koaru narrowly dodged an enemy Kunai that had been sent his way. Knocking away another with his own blade, he came a sudden stop when a distorted shape in the shadows began to move towards them.

It took a moment or two for Koaru's eyes to adjust the darkness, but when they did the man felt a painful tinge burn at his midriff. He saw Takeru's vengeful face in the moonlight, and was briefly reminded of their last frightful encounter. That was the night Koaru had jumped before Takeru's sword. He had saved Tyson, but the act had also very nearly taken his own life. His torso had been cleaved open cleanly. And he had been left to bleed beneath the cold rain.
Tightening his hands around the kunai blades at his sides, Koaru felt bile rise in his throat when he caught sight of Lizzie. She was a limp puppet dangling in Takeru's grip.
Bastard! How dare he touch her!
Silent, but clearly enraged by what he saw, Koaru wasted no time in calling on Jutsu.
Slitting a wound into each of his palms, he allowed the blood to drip freely from the cuts. They quickly materialized into two katana blades, The blood blades of a Kenshinryu Samurai.
With a firm nod towards Tyson, Koaru then advanced towards his enemy. He didn't want to lose anymore people precious to him. Not Lizzie and Not Tyson.
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next