Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The words of a Ninja ((Polo and Inkerz have a Naruto RP^^))

2 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The words of a Ninja ((Polo and Inkerz have a Naruto RP^^)) - Page 4 Empty Re: The words of a Ninja ((Polo and Inkerz have a Naruto RP^^))

Post  Imperial Ink Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:53 pm

"I've heard nothing, and you've been asleep for four days.
Staring up at Tyson with slightly wide eyes, Koaru frowned with clear displeasure as his thoughts drifted to his comrades., “Has it really been that long then?...”
I was supposed to meet up with them by now...this isn't good. What should I do?
Clutching absentmindedly at his blanket, Koaru took on a more thoughtful expression as he tried to reason out a possible solution to his problem.

When Tyson's gaze began to shift away from him, Koaru instinctively followed his eyes towards the window. Blinking curiously in response, he observed Tyson's distant expression with silent appreciation.
I wonder what he's thinking about...I wish I could see his thoughts
A beautiful, unfamiliar voice suddenly pulled Koaru from his thoughts as Tyson murmured softly, ”But now is not the time to dwell on it...You should rest. I already nearly lost you..."
Koaru took note of the discomfort in Tyson's gaze and for a moment he couldn't quite understand it.
One of Koaru's most fearsome traits lay in the fact that he cared so little for himself. Unfortunately, because he held this kind of logic, he indirectly believed that others felt the same way. He honestly saw no reason for them to worry over him.
Gaining some strength to his tone, Tyson continued firmly,"I won't have you acting so recklessly a second time."

Feeling rather surprised by his friend's words, Koaru felt a subtle blush pull over his cheeks.
His friend's words were protective and it wasn't often that Koaru gained such a kind gesture.
“I really am fine...You worry too much Ty, ”, he replied reassuringly, making sure not to meet Tyson's eyes as he continued with a warm smile, “Thank you for looking after me though... It must have been annoying, but I really do appreciate it. ”
Koaru chuckled softly, but flinched back slightly when Tyson suddenly stood up.
"I'll make food. You just keep resting - you need it.”
The seriousness in his his friend's tone was enough to silence Koaru and obediently he did as he was told, pulling the blanket over his head once Tyson had left the room.
What's wrong with me...I made Tyson worry again. I don't want to burden him like this.
Mulling deeply over his feelings for his friend and what to make of the situation, Koaru closed his eyes to doze off into a light state of sleep as stress tired him out.

A good fifteen minutes later, Koaru awoke as the sound of creaking footsteps floated through the air towards him. Sitting up quickly in response, Koaru had to bite back a sharp stab of pain as his wound stretched angrily.
Glancing towards the noise with uncertainty, Koaru felt himself relax slightly as Tyson padded towards his bed. I guess I'm still a little jumpy form our last attack...

The sweet scent of sugar and cinnamon hung heavenly over head and before Koaru could open his mouth to question the scent, a plate stacked with mouth watering hot pancakes was pressed into his hands.
Clutching the plate protectively like a precious gift, Koaru took a moment to investigate his meal with complete and utter fascination.
He hadn't ever smelled anything quite so delicious and before he even knew it, his stomach snarled from within it's dead empty state. He hadn't eaten in four days and the longer he stared at his professionally cooked meal, the hungrier he felt.
Beaming up at Tyson with a blissful expression, Koaru then politely bowed his head in deep thanks before taking up his first forkful of food.
He ate in peaceful silence with his divine manners in use. Koaru wasn't one to choke down food, he had been raised to savor a good meal. Each movement elegant and precise as he finished off the last of the pancakes with highly satisfied expression.
“Thanks Tyson, I don't think I've ever eaten anything that good before”, He complemented honestly as met his friend's gaze with warmth.
Some color had returned to his skin thanks to Tyson's amazing meal and Koaru felt both his energy and strength return to him.
Hearing a sudden tap on the window, Koaru flicked his attention to a small messenger pigeon that stood idly outside the glass.
Tyson took intuitive here and with a gentle hand, he untied a note from the bird's leg, releasing the creature into the wind afterwards.
Leaning forward with clear interest, Koaru placed his empty plate aside as Tyson offered up the note his way.
Taking it with with a grateful smile, Koaru began to unravel the paper message.
Reading over it's words with deep thought and highly intelligent eyes, Koaru took a moment to absorb the information gained.
Hiro and Shun are moving without me...They've already located the akatsuki's hideout
Concern pulled over his beautiful features and he offered the note back to Tyson so that he could read it too, “It's from Hiro and Shun, They're not planning to wait for us any longer... ”, pausing for a moment and narrowing his eyes with silent decision. Koaru added with determination, “Tyson, I need to get to where they are...They don't stand a chance against Joshua and Blaine”
Shoving off his blanket with a firm sweep of his hand, Koaru tried to get to his feet.
His legs where stiff from a lack of use and Koaru stumbled feebly as he lost his balance.
Catching himself on the bed before he could fall, Koaru smiled at Tyson with mild embarrassment.
He tried to hide the pain that threatened to strain his features.
Looks like I haven't finished recovering yet...it's such a waste to use my Jutsu again, but I might not have a choice at this rate.

Sitting back down with a sigh, Koaru hesitantly reached for one of the ties that held his shirt closed.
He loosened it with skill and as he did so he glanced up briefly at Tyson, clearly feeling shy.
“I'm sorry...It's just easier to work like this.”, he explained softly.
There wasn't really time to waste and Koaru had more important things to worry about than his privacy.
Undoing the next few ties, Koaru left the shirt to fall open like a curtain, revealing his soft nude torso.
Straight down his subtly muscled midriff lay the long jagged scar, deep and raw. It was an imperfection on his ivory skin and running his finger over the wound delicately, Koaru closed his eyes to focus his energy.
Calling upon his Jutsu through a series of seals, Koaru drew water out of a glass near his bed side table.
Manipulating the liquid into the cut, Koaru began to repair his cleaved skin.
It took nearly a full hour to repair both the outer wound and the inner damage. However once Koaru had finished, the wound lay perfectly invisible and painless to the touch.
Quickly pulling his shirt closed once more out of awkwardness, Koaru stood up with a slightly shamed smile. He felt deeply ashamed of his body and rarely showed his slender torso to others if he could help it. He was so definably a man and yet his soft skin and slender muscles suggested an odd femininity. In Koaru's eyes, he saw it as nothing but weakness. Men in his opinion were strong and needed to look that way.

Distracting his thoughts back to Hiro and Shun, Koaru nodded briefly towards Tyson, “We need to head out as soon as possible...Are you ready?”
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

The words of a Ninja ((Polo and Inkerz have a Naruto RP^^)) - Page 4 Empty Re: The words of a Ninja ((Polo and Inkerz have a Naruto RP^^))

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:00 am

Tyson watched Koaru with a sharp gaze while the other man read the note, wondering what it was about. At last, Koaru turned to him, and Tyson raised a questioning eyebrow. “It's from Hiro and Shun, They're not planning to wait for us any longer..." He frowned, "Tyson, I need to get to where they are...They don't stand a chance against Joshua and Blaine.”
Without waiting for his response, Koaru shoved off his blanket and sat up, and Tyson instantly jumped to his feet, ready to push the man back onto the bed. Luckily, Koaru soon learned his lesson and sat painfully back on the bed, Tyson scowling at him with an expression that clearly read, 'serves you right'.
"You should be more careful." He scolded quietly, folding his arms and watching Koaru with a protective frown. There was certainly no way he could leave to find Hiro and Shun in that state, but luckily, Koaru seemed to know this.
Sitting gingerly back on the bed, he began undoing his shirt, and Tyson cast him a sharply questioning glance, wondering what he was planning. “I'm sorry..." Koaru murmured ashamedly, "It's just easier to work like this.”
Pursing his lips thoughtfully, Tyson let his frown deepen upon hearing these words.
What are you apologizing for? We're both men, there's no shame in undressing...
He shook his head slightly, and turned tactfully away, giving his shy companion the privacy he obviously desired as he fixed his wounds.
Still worrying over his friend's weak condition, Ty did not dare go far, but he wandered out of sight, and thus, out of mind.

After nearly an hour, he returned to find Koaru putting the finishing touches on his now healed wound, and Tyson couldn't help but admire the improvement. The man's slender torso, gracefully adorned by a dragon tattoo on the side, now showed no signs of the mortal wound that Tyson had been sure would be the death of his friend. Koaru's alabaster skin showed a healthy softness once more, and Tyson found himself toying once again with the abstract thought that this strange companion of his really was like a living artwork. The feminine elegance coupled with his stunning strength and inexplicable masculinity truly was something else. It painted a rare picture, but one which fascinated Tyson in ways he could not quite explain.
He truly is unique, and that's a relief. It's refreshing; for once to be around somebody just so completely unlike the others. I wonder, though, if he sees himself the same way. Somehow, I doubt it.
Considering his friend contemplatively, Tyson was startled out of his thoughts when Koaru suddenly asked, “We need to head out as soon as possible... Are you ready?”
Clearing his throat awkwardly, he nodded, and quickly gathered his few things.

It took them barely ten minutes to leave the house and head back out into the ransacked village, but once they were back on the road, Tyson found his thoughts slowly wandering onto new tracks. He was relieved that Koaru had recovered, but having his friend out of danger had given Tyson an opportunity to think on some other things better left forgotten.
Like, for example, the fact that he was now speaking. It might have seemed like something small, something pointless, but to him, it meant the end of everything he strove for... It was down-heartening to think that the sheer determination that he so prided himself on had failed him. He had vowed not to speak until his goal was accomplished, and now he had broken his word. Tyson was not a superstitious man, but he couldn't help but believe that that was a clear indication of impending failure.
His life had suddenly lost a great deal of meaning...
Frowning to himself in response to the subduing thoughts, Tyson sighed quietly, and cast a glance toward the rising sun. Every time he spoke out loud, he hated himself a little more, and frankly, now that he no longer had to worry about Koaru, the desire to speak was rapidly leaving him. It still felt like a betrayal with each word, even after the pact had been broken.
Even so, he drew upon the motivation to mumble one last quiet sentiment to his friend, "Koaru?" He asked softly, not quite looking at the man, "I'm glad you're okay. Thank you for saving my life... A second time."
With that, he lapsed back into silence, and not a word was to be heard from him for a long time to come.

The pair left the village, and traveled on for three days and three nights. Tyson did not sleep, but he always insisted that Koaru did, digging in his heels with stubbornness that would put a mule to shame. It was clear that he still blamed himself for what had happened, and he did not intend to let Koaru come to any more harm on his watch. Besides that, his broken vow still hung heavily like a black cloud over his head, and despondent as he was, Tyson would not allow himself to break his word a second time. He had promised to protect Koaru, and protect him he would, no matter what perils stood in their way.
Throughout their journey, Tyson had become completely unresponsive. Although his silence was to be expected, it seemed that he had ceased with writing his thoughts, too, and chose instead just to keep them entirely to himself. All channels of communication were blocked, and as Tyson's notorious walls went back up, the distance between the two grew wider.
As the fourth day dawned, Tyson and Koaru crept out of the forest and onto Akatsuki lands, both on the alert for a sign of Hiro or Shun's chakra. Tyson was obviously exhausted, but if he felt the weakness, then he did not show it. He stuck to Koaru's side like a loyal shadow, always ready for whatever danger was to come, and let his companion lead the way.
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:26 pm

Leaving the village with a sense of finality, Koaru sprinted through the forest with Tyson silently shadowing him.
He didn't dare look back towards the village. The place was dead to him now, it was a simple graveyard filled with burning houses and dead dreams, nothing more.

With his mission back on his mind, Koaru pressed on through the night without complaint, slowing down only when dawn threatened to pierce the sky with it's brilliant light.
At this point he was feeling slightly strained and falling back into a brisk walk beside Tyson, Koaru led the way as they traveled through the countryside roads.
A summoning pigeon with a message had been sent off to Hiro and Shun the previous day, and Koaru hoped desperately that it would reach them in time.
It'll take us at least four more days to reach Akatsuki Territory...We've been set back nearly a week, but Hiro and Shun mustn't act alone...they don't know what their dealing with
The paired walked on, and as they did so Koaru became more and more aware of Tyson's ever looming silence. The man had only just started to speak to him and already the short space of silence between them began to stress Koaru deeply. He hated the idea of not hearing his friend's voice. He had a dreadful feeling that after all that had happened, Tyson would lapse back into his old mute self and never utter a single word ever again.
He had mentioned something about a vow...his silence was bound to a vow wasn't it.
Raising his eyebrows in quiet realization, Koaru watched Tyson with both guilt and secret admiration as they walked. He broke his vow because of me...it was to save my life
Slipping into his thoughts for a brief moment, Koaru was caught by sudden surprise as Tyson's beautiful yet unfamiliar voice spoke up.
"Koaru?"
“Ty?...”, he responded with a gentle smile.
Tyson didn't meet his eyes, but Kouru let it go as his friend continued softly,"I'm glad you're okay. Thank you for saving my life... A second time."
Blinking cheerfully at those unexpected words, Koaru felt a strange sense of protective bliss fill him.
Bowing his head politely, Koaru replied with warm honesty in his tone, “I should be thanking you Tyson. If you hadn't taken care of me I wouldn't be here right now”
Staring off into the distance over the rice paddies and tiny farm houses, Koaru added thoughtfully,”I'd never regret saving you Tyson. I'd do it again...ever time”

Three days bled on bitterly after that, and as they did so Koaru slowly began to slip into a deep state of despondence.
Since their small conversation on the first day, Koaru hadn't heard Tyson speak again.
The man's beautiful voice remained unused and even when Koaru had tried to communicate with his companion, Tyson did nothing to acknowledge his words.
The Leaf ninja grew sick with worry over his friend and it hurt him to be ignored so continuously.
Tyson was in a bad state emotionally and Koaru could sense this, he wanted nothing more that to reach in and help him.
When he could, Koaru willed himself to smile in an attempt to reassure Tyson. But even that gesture eventually fell to shame as he too began to loose spirit.
There was no way for him to entered Tyson's emotional fortress and like an exile, he fell to watching his friend with an outsider's eyes. He could do nothing but wait, and wait he did.

When the Fourth day came, the paired finally stumbled onto Akatsuki lands.
If Koaru's own depressive state hadn't been bad before, it certainly was bad now.
The whole Akatsuki thing had him on edge and he feared that he'd run into some of his old 'Friends' out here in bare wilderness.
Longing to have company once more, Koaru also feared the distance at which Tyson had set him at. He didn't want to admit it, but he felt more alone that ever.
Occupying himself with their search for Hiro and Shun, Koaru finally perked up as his intelligent eyes as he caught sight a single green leaf clinging desperately to a large dead tree.
“Clever Hint, Konoha is Japanese for leaf...We're going the right way ”, He announced thoughtfully as he nodded for Tyson to follow him.
Keeping a low profile as they picked way through miles of dry wasteland, Koaru followed a pathway that only he could see. His marker points appeared as tiny green leaves, perking out along their pathway in and among the dead foliage.
The pair eventually reached the final marker, a tiny green leaf hanging over a deep hidden dip near the base of a burnt out tree.
“Let's hope that Hiro and Shun are down there...”, Koaru murmured with consideration as he crouched down to step into the hollow.
The dark underground tunnel carried on for a few minutes before opening up into a surprisingly large chasm.
Allowing his adjust to a just the dark, Koaru heard Hiro's smug voice greet him.
“Look who it is...You two didn't do a very good job of hiding your chakra”
Shun step out before them from the darkness with a slightly kinder expression, “Ignore him, He ran into a bit trouble this morning with the Akasuki...lets just say that they weren't all that friendly”
Shun's voice seemed to falter slightly and Hiro stood up to step into a small beam of light that broke in from a crack in the ceiling. It flickered warmly over a white bandage that lay over his right eye and Koaru clenched his teeth in response upon realizing what had happened.
“I'm sorry Hiro...”, He murmured with deep regret, allowing his gaze to fall to the floor.
Hiro's one-eyed gaze held heavy accusation towards Koaru and Tyson in particular. However before any words could be thrown into the air, Shun took the opportunity to change the subject.
“With you two finally here, We can begin plotting our first attack on Blaine and Joshua”
“That won't so be easy”, Koaru reminded him seriously.
“No it won't, but I've been watching them recently and I...I have a plan Koaru”, he stammered with anxious determination.
Koaru gazed thoughtfully towards Tyson for a moment, before nodding towards Shun to explain.
The young man did so and as he did Koaru felt some hope return to their situation.
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:03 pm

On that fourth day, Koaru finally found the first sign hinting toward where Hiro and Shun might be found, and as his friend followed the trail of skillfully placed leaves, Tyson followed on like ever before, silent and protective as the trees towering above them. They soon reached the hideout; a hollow in the ground under the charred stump of a tree, marked by a small, bright green leaf. Tyson hung back as Koaru climbed into the hollow, then approached the moment the other man vanished. Unwilling for his friend to be down there without him, Tyson slipped into the tunnel, and crept silently down into the underground hideout below. He could sense their team's chakra, and as he emerged beside Koaru, a cold voice greeted, “Look who it is... You two didn't do a very good job of hiding your chakra.” Ignoring this, Tyson lifted his chin in a haughty fashion, and turned his head away. If he had wanted to hide his chakra, then these fools would never have found him. Even so, he just couldn't be bothered defending himself against Hiro. It simply wasn't worth the effort.
When Shun apologized on his friend's behalf, mentioning the run-in with the Akatsuki, Tyson's gaze darted to the bandage across Hiro's eye, but he felt no pity. It was not his problem, and he did not care. Hiro had been impatient. If the man had waited for Koaru and himself to arrive before getting involved in troubles over his head, perhaps he would have remained unscathed.
Hearing Koaru apologize, Tyson cast him a sharp, irritable glare. He loathed how Koaru always took the blame on himself, always feeling guilty when things went wrong, but at the same time, he respected it. It took a strong heart to care to much... The same certainly could not be said for Tyson. In fact, when Shun and Koaru started discussing tactics, he just stopped paying attention entirely. It was not his mission, and he did not care how they accomplished their goals. He was there to ensure that no harm befell Koaru, and nothing else. He honestly couldn't care in the slightest if the others succeeded or not. As long as he succeeded in his own mission, then he would be happy.

Ignoring the antics of the others, Tyson examined the interior of the hollow for a while until, much to his displeasure, he began to feel rather ill. Exhaustion dragged down dark rings below his eyes, and his knees and feet felt weak from standing, walking and running too much. With a deep breath, he braced a hand against the earthy wall.
It had been days, over a week, even, since he had last slept, but he didn't intent to let his guard down so easily in front of Hiro and Shun. Hiro, especially, he simply did not trust.

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:51 am

When Shun finally came to the conclusion of his plan, Koaru considered it with intelligent question and thought.
With his fingers clasped gently over his lips, Koaru ran through each step mentally, visualizing the possible errors and risks that would turn up along the way.
When the two men had finally finished discussing a solution to any possible problems, Koaru allowed a sightly more relaxed smile to cross his features.
“It'll work...Well done Shun”, He announced quietly, making Shun beam with unhidden pride as Koaru patted him casually on the shoulder.

Turning around, Koaru shifted his attention back to Tyson.
His observant eyes had taken note of his friend's instability and he had been eager to get away from Shun quickly in order to check up on Tyson.
Padding quietly over to where his friend stood, Koaru reached out a supporting hand towards Tyson's shoulder.“Tyson?...Hey are you okay?”, he questioned softly.
His grey eyes were clouded with concern and with his free hand, he gently touched the man's forehead, examining him as a mother would.
He's exhausted, his eyes are heavy from a lack of sleep.
Frowning with worry, he met Tyson's red-rimmed eyes with something akin to panic, “Your not well...Tyson you should rest, you've pushed yourself far enough”
Koaru's tone was insistent, but gentle the same time.
Your in a terrible state. I should have paid more attention to you...I'm so sorry Tyson.
“Please...Please rest”, he murmured softly, his hand slipping down to cup Tyson's cheek between delicate fingers.

The day passed quickly and when early morning lapsed into existence, Koaru had already began to explain the first step in their three part plan.
“We'll make use of the next three days to prepare ourselves. Tracking down our enemies and learning their movements will be of our top priority for the moment.”
Hiro was the only one who clearly wasn't impressed with Koaru taking charge a leader. Frowning with annoyance, he snarled “We're wasting too much time! What we should be doing is preparing our ambush on them now.”
Shun seemed rather surprised by Hiro's lack of support, but the brash man ignored this continued with an abrasive tone, “They'll notice us if spend all our time tracking them! Did you even bother thinking that through Koaru?”
Koaru was slightly taken aback by Hiro's aggression, but instead of letting things go as he usually did he replied firmly, “Blaine and Joshua are S-class Ninja. They are dangerous and I will not risk this team through rash decisions...We'll need to well be prepared before we begin our attack”
Hiro didn't look convinced and proceed to battle against Koaru logical explanations fiercely.
Eventually Koaru grew agitated and replied authoritatively, “No, You'd risk everybody here if we did that. Hiro why can't you just-” Koaru broke off suddenly as Hiro struck him harshly across the cheek. The action had surprised Koaru completely and instinctively he stumbled back a few steps clutching the bruised area between cool fingers.
His cheek seared with hot pain from Hiro's attack, but he held his ground firmly, fighting back the hurt that threatened to dishearten him and make him tear up.

Hiro had been in a foul mood since Koaru and Tyson had rejoined the team.
“I should be in charge!”, Hiro announced with finality, the gaping wound over his missing eye lay swollen with infection.

Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:50 am

When Koaru first suggested that he have a rest, Tyson shook his head stubbornly, and shrugged his friend's hand irritably from his shoulder. However, when Koaru went on fretting undeterred, Tyson finally relented, and with a defeated sigh, he agreed to take a rest.
Finding himself a quiet corner in their little underground hollow, he sat down and pulled up his hood, bowing his head as he leaned back against the wall. Then, exhausted as he was, he fell into a light slumber within seconds.

Hours passed before he woke, and when he did, he stood up and walked over to the rest of the group, who were discussing their plans for the mission. It was Hiro's raised voice that had woken him, and he frowned as he hung back, arms folded, and watched the heated argument with an irritable expression. He was peeved that Hiro dared challenge Koaru's authority, but it was not his place to get involved. Besides, why should he care about their problems? They didn't involve him, in any case.
Annoyed by the fighting, Tyson was almost considering going back to sleep and letting Koaru fill him in later, when suddenly a loud slapping sound rang out through the hollow. Tyson froze, and his head snapped around to see Hiro holding up a rapidly reddening palm, and Koaru staggering backwards, clutching his cheek.
Flames leaped into his eyes in a heartbeat as he realized what had happened, and as the roaring of boiling blood filled his ears, Tyson felt the cruel claws of anger tearing at his insides.
How dare he?! How dare he lay a hand on his leader?!
Filled to the brim with protective hate, Tyson lunged forward, seizing Hiro's wrist with a snarl. He twisted it savagely around, and Hiro screamed in pain as the temperature of Tyson's biting fingers suddenly skyrocketed, searing his flesh cruelly when tongues of flame suddenly leaped from Ty's fingertips.
Furious on his friend's behalf, Ty twisted Hiro's wrist cruelly, causing the man to howl in pure agony, his free hand thumping pathetically against Tyson's muscled chest.
With a growl, he gave Hiro's wrist a sharp tug, and after emitting a gasp of pain, Hiro finally seemed to understand his punishment.
"I'm sorry!" He gasped, tugging desperately against Tyson's torturous, red-hot grip. "I'm sorry! I'm-"
Tyson lifted his free hand, and jabbed a finger sharply toward Koaru, meeting Hiro's suddenly fearful gaze with eyes alive with fire. There was murder in his gaze, and it was clear that there was no limit as to how far he would go to uphold justice on his friend's behalf.
"I'm sorry Koaru!" Hiro sobbed, still pulling desperately against Ty's vice grip. "Please stop! Let me-"
Disgusted by the fool's pleading, Ty threw him aside with a sneer, and poor Hiro lost his balance in his panic, falling onto the floor and cradling his burnt wrist. The flesh that Tyson had touched was cooked through, and it reeked of burnt meat as it clung weakly to Hiro's bone, ready to fall away at the slightest touch.
Totally unashamed, Tyson flicked his fingers in a finicky fashion, and shot Shun a warning glance, letting him know what would happen if he too took a notion to belittling Koaru's authority.

With his temper still raging - his self control weakened by exhaustion - Tyson turned away from the scene and climbed quickly out of the hollow, keen for some much-needed fresh air. He left only stunned silence and pained sobs in his wake, but he felt no regret. Koaru was too kind to fight his own battles, and the fact that Hiro could lay a hand on such a pure, kindhearted man was simply unforgivable to Tyson. It was like causing harm to a saint, and it disgusted him.
He thought of his friend's poor face - beautiful and delicate as a china doll's - and his fists just clenched in fury all over again. How could anybody lay a hand to something so lovely?!
Hissing like an boiled-over teapot, Tyson yanked a kunai from his belt, and threw it forcefully at a nearby tree. It embedded itself firmly in the trunk, and Tyson prowled forward to meet it, using the blade as a foothold to boost himself onto one of the lower limbs of the tree. He sat there, his skin burning from feverish heat, and gratefully welcomed the cool, fresh breeze filtering through the treetops. At last, he felt his temper begin to cool.

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:03 pm

Koaru's eyes widened in horrified shock as Tyson leaped at Hiro, catching the man by the wrist and holding him between burning fingers.
The murderous intent burning deep within Tyson's crimson eyes stunned Koaru into silence.
He feel cold fear trickle down his spine like ice and very briefly, Koaru could swear that he sensed the faint presence of the tailed beast silently enter the hollow.
His tender lips quivered hesitantly as he tried to speak and stepping forward, Koaru soon realized that he had no words strong enough to stop Tyson.
Standing in silent calm terror as he watched helplessly as Hiro wriggled like a maggot in Tyson's searing grip.
He'll kill him...God Tyson, Please Stop! For your sake and his. STOP!
Koaru shook his head, fighting back his fear and called out loudly,”Tyson! Stop!... Please I'm begging you Stop!...”
Nausea began to sway him and Koaru felt sick from the sharp scent of burning flesh that filled the stuffy hollow.
God make it stop!
Hiro's agonized screams vibrated loudly against the earthen walls, and the louder they became the more Koaru tried to intervene.
Tyson's actions of justification were plain torture and Koaru simply couldn’t bear it any more.

"I'm sorry!...I'm sorry! I'm-”, Hiro suddenly broke off from his pathetic wailing as Tyson met him with a hard expression still set in cold stone. Raising his finger like the pendulum of a clock, he pointed towards Koaru, staring ever more accusingly back at Hiro.
“Ty you don't have t-”, Koaru stopped his words when Hiro's apologetic sobbing interrupted him.
"I'm sorry Koaru!, he finally blurted out, struggled on desperately in Tyson's hold, ”Please stop! Let me-"
Sneering with final satisfaction, Tyson threw aside the sobbing man, leaving Hiro on the floor to cradle his blackened injury like a wounded animal.
Aloof and uncaring as ever Tyson then turned to leave, exiting through the small opening in the hollow wall.
Koaru's heart-beat still pounded heavily within his chest, while the metallic taste of blood filled his mouth from his stress bitten lip.
It was with bittersweet feelings that Koaru understood Tyson's actions.
His friend had done this to protect him, to restore his honer as a leader and keep him from Hiro's abuse. It was all in the name of justice and yet Koaru could only accept it with mixed feelings of fear, gratitude and guilt.
Summoning up the last of his courage Koaru stepping silently over to where Hiro lay.
The man backed away fearfully as Koaru approached and whimpered pitifully, “Please no more! I told! I'm sorry...I'm sorry isn't that enough”
Hurt by the sickeningly familiar fear Koaru had often been addressed with, he replied with sullen timidness, “It is not enough...but I'll make things right after you show me that wound”
Crouching down gracefully beside Hiro, Koaru gazed up at the man through long cold lashes.
Wordlessly his gentle hands took up Hiro's injured wrist and despite the man's clear reluctance and struggling, Koaru simply held him in place with frightening strength. His calm expression suggested that no effort was needed and Hiro cowered slightly as Koaru's jutsu began to pour into the cooked flesh wound with a green luminous glow.

After half an hour of silent nursing, Koaru finally released Hiro from his hold.
He had done his part in healing his disgraced teammate and no longer held the stomach to remain inside the stinking hollow.
Standing up like with defined elegance, Koaru left the hollow, stepping outside into the fresh air for the first time since they had arrived.

The cool breeze outside playfully caught his hair and closing his eyes for a moment to focus on his thoughts, Koaru caught the brief scent of Tyson's jutsu.
Flicked his gaze towards a nearby tree, Koaru's observant nature caught sight of a kunai that lay embedded deeply into the trunk.
Is he still here?...
Walking silently towards the tree, he slowly glanced upwards into stare into it's blossom filled branches.
There Tyson lay handsomely perched between it's branches, his lips mute and his expression ever callous.
He's here...I wonder what should I do now, he mulled thoughtfully.
Making some inward decision, Kouru nodded towards Tyson in silent greeting, smiling up at his with simple kindness before uninviting perching himself down near the base of the tree.
He wasn't sure if Tyson wanted to be alone or not, but all Koaru knew at this point was that he all he desperately wanted to be near his mute companion.

An hour passed by quickly.
Koaru's expression held no smile, but he felt honestly contempt as his natural surroundings began to relax him.
He had silently honed in his senses, attempting to track down his enemies on his own and pinpoint their location.
So far the action seemed pointless and just as Koaru felt about ready to give up, A sudden sharp stab of chakra energy stuck him like an arrow.
Getting to his feet in a heartbeat, Koaru's eyes narrowed instinctively towards the west end of the forest.
“They've sensed our chakra...They knew where we were all along”, He murmured quickly.
Snaking his finger's around the hand of his Kunai, he glanced up towards Tyson with determination in his eyes, “They’re on their way...we need to hurry”
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:12 pm

Tyson had been sitting in the higher branches of the tall oak for nearly half an hour when he felt motion at the trunk, and glanced down to see Koaru standing there, peering up into the tree. He was met by a smile and a gentle nod, and he averted his gaze instantly, feeling more than seeing Koaru sit down at the base of the tree. The half-solitude suited Tyson, and he was content to sit there and enjoy Koaru's presence without being forced to tolerate his company. He was not in the mood for company; tired and moody as he was.
The pair sat thus for nigh on an hour, and with exhaustion for motivation, Tyson found himself drifting occasionally in and out of a semi-conscious state akin to sleep. It was just after he had slipped out of one such trance when he felt a distant stirring sensation at the back of his mind that made him uneasy, and he was not entirely surprised when he heard Koaru say, “They've sensed our chakra... They knew where we were all along.” Tyson glanced down, letting his sharp gaze meet Koaru's urgent one, “They’re on their way... We need to hurry.”
With a curt nod, Tyson leaped down from the tree, landing on his feet with catlike softness. He turned away from Koaru, facing the trunk, and with a display of surprising strength, he plucked his kunai neatly from the wood.

The team rushed into action, Hiro and Shun emerging instantly from the hollow at Koaru's command. Apparently Hiro had learned his lesson, for he obeyed instructions without complaint, and avoided Tyson's gaze as determinedly as Tyson avoided his.
With Blaine and Joshua's threatening, half-hidden chakra drawing rapidly nearer, the team had to act like a well oiled machine in order to get their traps set up in time. Luckily, with Koaru's professional instruction, they managed it, and soon enough the battleground was prepared. Hiro and Shun sat outside the hollow, acting as bait, while Tyson and Koaru lay in wait, perched in the treetops. The traps were rigged, too, with kunai brandishing exploding tags ready to fly through the shadows and embed themselves in flesh at any moment. Everything was ready.
The atmosphere was a tense one, and as they awaited their enemies, Tyson lay a reassuring hand on Koaru's shoulder. He looked at him, and offered a determined nod.
I have your back, Koaru. He promised silently, Come what may, I won't let you down.
The sound of a snapping stick marked the arrival of their enemies, and Tyson felt the hairs on the back of his neck rise as his fingers brushed softly against the cool metal of the shurkian at his side.

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:59 pm

Koaru had managed to keep a level head throughout their entire preparation process, taking on the full role of a true leader as he commanded and assisted in setting up the traps.
The team worked as a perfect whole; each understanding their role in the bigger picture of Shun's intelligent plan.
Once every exploding kunai and shurikian had been placed. Hiro and Shun took to their designated spots before the hollow, While Tyson and Koaru took to their hidden spots within the trees.

Tension was heavy in the air as they patiently awaited their oncoming enemies. Koaru could feel his pulse quicken as the overwhelming scent of familiar chakra spilled out through the forest.
Silently waiting, he heard a stick snap in the distance. Koaru narrowed his eyes in concentration, ready to strike when the time was just right.
Feeling Tyson's hand gently touch his shoulder, he flinched slightly in surprise.
Gazing thoughtfully towards his mute friend, Tyson offered up a determined nod that promised Koaru both loyalty and protection.
Feeling some reassurance return to him, Koaru smiled gratefully towards Tyson, offering him a deep returning nod. Thank you Tyson. You can reply on me too, I'll fight valiantly knowing that your at my side.

The moment had finally come and sensing this Koaru nodded down toward Hiro and Shun.
The padding sound of footsteps crunched through the deadly silent forest and as two shadowed figures emerged from out from behind the trees.
With a swift flick of his wrist, Koaru let fly his first kunai, sending it bulleting straight into the trees and triggering their first trap.
Instantly a rain of sharped kunai darted down towards their enemies, surprising the two men as they dealt with dodging the shards of metal.
We've got their attention...

Koaru wasted no time to give Hiro and Shun their next signal and on command they darted into action, taking up the assisting roles of distraction.
The two men clashed blades with their enemies and the difference in strength was made immediately obvious as Blaine and Joshua took the upper-hand in battle.
When things seemed to wane in their enemy’s favor, Koaru triggered the next set of Kunai, sending them skimming through the air with exploding tags attached.
A series of explosions hit Joshua and Blaine, delaying them long enough for Hiro and Shun to summon up their Jutsu's.
Using a similar technique to Koaru, the two men summoned up great a stream of binding vines that cracked through the earth and latched around Blaine and Joshua.
With the enemies tied down with Chakra draining bonds, Koaru slid his blade across his palm, drawing blood in preparation for his turn.
When Shun and Hiro's hold over their enemies threatened to break, Koaru leaped down from his spot and darted into action to take up this role.
Sending his comrades back ,Koaru began breaking seals between his fingertips, securing Joshua and Blaine through harsh chains of blood.
With a powerful Jutsu like Koaru's in place, there would be no chance of escape for their enemies.
They hold hold no chance of escaping now, we've succeeded
Koaru didn't dare drop his concentration and with a sharp call to Tyson, he signaled for his friend to deliver the final blow.

When the blow didn't come, Koaru tilted his head back slightly, struggling to hold his jutsu as his concentration wandered towards were Hiro and Tyson stood.
Eyes widening slight Koaru took note of the bloodied Kunai, that hung from Hiro's fingers.
Near the man's feet Koaru caught sight of Shun, injured and gasping as his side poored with blood.
A dark smirk played over the Hiro's lips and Koaru cried out as he watched Hiro leaped for Tyson next.
“No! Hiro...What are you doing!”
The panic caused Koaru to falter slightly and as he did so Joshua and Blaine burst from their bloody bonds.
Stepping backwards to catch sight of his enemies, Koaru narrowly dodged a threatening slash from Joshua's Kunai as the man leaped out at him.
Darting out of range, Koaru's thoughts were still on Tyson and instinctively he staggered backwards. His heart sinking with realization as his back hit against something hard.
It's over...I've failed.
A strong pair arms slipped tightly around his body from behind. Staring up wide eyed at Blaine, Koaru felt his body pain slightly from the immobilizing hold.
“My My....Didn't think you'd be the one to hunt me down Koaru. And Here I went around thinking that we were friends”, Blaine mumbled dangerously as he ran his blade thoughtfully across Koaru's pale throat.
Koaru's initial panic had begun to dwindle away at his friend's words and as Blaine tightened his hold, Koaru's expression slipped into frightening calmness.
Tyson...I'm sorry. Just please be okay.

Blinking up with calm determination in his eyes, he murmured softly, “You made me your enemy Blaine, I've seen what you've done. You killed all those people in that village”
A small laugh seemed to escape the strange man's lips and at that accusation he replied, “I guess you and I aren't so different then...As a member of the Akatsuki, I got to learn all about who you really are Koaru. ”
Turning slightly pale Koaru narrowed his eyes threateningly as Blaine purred into his ear, “Thorn told me everything and more...your unfit to judge me Koaru.... Your story is a twisted and sick one. You deserve nothing less than death”
The blade pressed sharply against his neck and as much as Koaru struggled he couldn't free himself from Blaine's brute strength.

Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:53 pm

When Joshua and Blaine arrived on the scene, a curtain of kunai fell like rain upon them, and Tyson nodded in contentment to see that everything was going as planned. Patient as ever, he bided his time, watching with the eyes of an outsider as Hiro and Shun raced into battle, struggling to overcome the powerful pair of Shinobi that they fought against. With the help of another successful trap set off by Koaru, Hiro and Shun managed to tie down their opposition, and Tyson held his ground as Koaru dropped down to bind them. It was with a satisfied eye that he regarded the scene. Everything was going exactly to plan. It was neat and convenient, just as he liked it.

Then, in the space of a single heartbeat, everything turned pear shaped. Hiro's blade lodged itself between Shun's ribs so quickly that Tyson could barely see it, and Shun had begun to fall before he had time to react. Eyes clouding with anger, he uttered a furious snarl and dropped from the tree, deflecting the kunai that Hiro threw at his fallen partner. It glanced off his own blade and fell to the floor, but even without the finishing blow, it was clear that there was no hope for poor Shun. The injustice of it all burned, and Tyson felt the back of his throat close as he thought silently, You didn't deserve to die, Shun. And I'll see to it that you are avenged, my good man.
His mission momentarily forgotten, Tyson sent a kunai flying at Hiro, an angry snarl on his lips. Hiro dodged it easily, then lunged toward him, just as a cry from Koaru stole Tyson's attention. He cast his friend a glance, and for a moment he seemed almost sympathetic, but then Hiro's blade nicked his shoulder, and the pain pulled Tyson back to the present, startling him enough to make him send a careless blast of fire in Hiro's direction. The traitor dodged, and before Tyson could emit another, he caught a glimpse of Koaru out of the corner of his eye. His friend had lost control of his prisoners, and before Tyson could do a thing, one of them had caught him in a strong hold.
Tyson's patience ran out.
"Enough of these games!" He snarled, his voice harsh with cruelty as the sound of it startled the attacking Hiro, "I don't play with cheaters." With that, Tyson formed a quick series of seals, and before Hiro could even take a step, a pair of crimson wings had enveloped him in their fiery embrace. An ungodly howl burst from the inferno, and when Tyson pulled away his flames, the sizzling, oozing crisp of flesh that had once been Hiro fell limply to the ground, just a smoking, empty husk of the man he had once been.
With lips pulled back in contempt, Tyson wheeled on his heel, and his eyes met those of the man called Joshua. He blinked calmly, watching as the other man searched his face in confusion, obviously finding no sign of recognition.
You are not my enemy. He though silently as his flames twirled like dancer's ribbons around him, But when you stand between me and the man I have vowed to protect, then you choose your own fate.
The man advanced and, watching Koaru out of the corner of his eye, Tyson slowly lowered his hands in surrender, letting the flames vanish from sight.
"Who are you?" Joshua spat, but Tyson merely shook his head. "Nobody." He replied quietly, raising open palms in a gesture of peace, "Unless you cause harm to my friend." Joshua seemed to consider this a moment, then cast a glance toward Blaine, who still held Koaru firmly captive. When he looked back at Tyson, the elusive man had vanished. Cursing, Joshua leaped after him, intercepting his path just as he was about to attack from Baline's blind spot.
"Oh no you-" He began, raising a threatening kunai. Before he could even finish his sentence, however, Tyson's flames reappeared, bursting forth around him like a glowing halo. The unbearable heat caused Joshua to cry out in surprise, leaping aside as Tyson lashed out with a fiery whip, curling it around Blaine's waist to yank the man back away from Koaru. He howled in agony as the intense flames fried his skin, and as he threw a kunai in hurried retaliation, Tyson ducked his head aside. He dodged the blade, but the edge of it skimmed the back of his neck as it passed, and Ty's hair fell loosely about his face as his braid was cut away, falling down to be devoured by the flames. He yanked back the tongue of flame binding Blaine, and built a fierce wall of fire around himself and Koaru, standing with his back to his friend and breathing heavily. He was badly burnt in several places, drenched in sweat, and his muscled forearms shook like frail saplings in a breeze as he struggled to hold up the protective inferno encircling them.
"I can't keep this up." He admitted softly, his half-whispered voice barely audible above the roar of the flames. "I was rash - this jutsu comes at too high a cost. I have chakra for perhaps one more attack..." He cast Koaru a glance out of the corner of his eye, his expression deadly serious. "You must keep it together." He urged firmly, "For just one more perfect strike." His loose hair gleamed like dark liquid with the rippling reflection of the flames, and Tyson shook it irritably away from his face, the wall of flame around them lowering a few inches with his distraction.
Now, Koaru. We must act now... While I still have it in me.

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:01 am

Watching the hellish scenes of battle erupt before him, Koaru struggled and thrashed against Blaine grip, desperate to free himself and save his already dead friends.
In the distance he could see Hiro and Shun lying motionless in the dirt and fearfully he gazed after Tyson as his mute companion took on Joshua.
Clenching his teeth in frustration, Koaru gazed up at Blaine as the man firmly took hold of his chin,”This is the end. Your team is finished and now you'll go down with them Koaru”
Shaking his head reluctantly Koaru felt tears threaten to well as defeat and realization loomed over him.
Their all dead, I've let them down...There's only one thing left I can do to help Tyson...Pity Really, I wish I didn't have to do it this way
Slowly settling into Blaine's grip, Koaru mumbled softly,“I can't judge you as I am now, can I?...That being the case I guess I'll have to face you with the mentality of a true killer”
Allowing the last of his fear to finally slip away with those words, Koaru took on a new state of mind, one induced through his secretly disturbed heart.
He closed his eyes gently, throwing away all kindness and bu the time he had opened his eyes again, it was clear that he was a different person.

Taking up a frighteningly calm pose as Blaine restrained him, Koaru stopped his struggling to stare up threateningly at Blaine.
His eyes burned murderously despite his sullen expression and for moment all femininity left him. Stunned by the sudden change in Koaru, Blaine let his guard down to Tyson's attack.
Within Seconds a ribbon of flames had latched around Blaine's wrist and crying out in agonized pain, he released Koaru from his hold.
With stealthy grace Koaru darted away from the man, indifferent and cold in appearance as he let Tyson take the lead. His own attention falling momentarily to Joshua as the man aimed a Kunai in his direction.

Allowing the weapon to pierce into the flesh of his forearm, Koaru carelessly removed the blade dropping it absentmindedly to the floor.
Blood poured violently from his wounded arm, but Koaru only smirked at the sight of it, motioning his arm upwards to make it trickled even more as it began to solidify into swords.
“You'll be the first to go”, he stated factually, not bother to meet Joshua's gaze and leaving the man mildly unnerved.
Stepping backwards and returning obediently to Tyson's side, Koaru watched silently as wings of brilliant flame engulfed them in a protective shield.
Tyson had bought them some time, and with a serious expression Koaru took in his companion's poor state. The sight of the man's black burns and his strained body filled Koaru with protective anger. He showed none of his emotions, but an aura of pure hatred emanated from his form as he gazed out towards the area Joshua and Blaine had secured.

"I can't keep this up.", Tyson finally admitted through a half-whispered voice.
Koaru gazed seriously towards his companion as Tyson pressed on,”I was rash - this jutsu comes at too high a cost. I have chakra for perhaps one more attack...
Understanding what was too come Koaru gave a cold firm nod in response as Tyson urged on, "You must keep it together... For just one more perfect strike."
A Subtle dark smirk lingered over Koaru's lips as he murmured softly, “I understand master...”
Drawing out a second blood sword from his wound, Koaru tightened his fingers around the two blades skillfully, patiently awaiting for a change to strike.
“It's time master...whenever your ready”
When Tyson's flames began to fade, Koaru's eyes flickered and he leaped through the small opening in the shield with cat-like reflexes.
Darting stealthy towards his first target, Koaru lashed out with his swords at Joshua.
Moving like a dancer with his swords in hand, Koaru slashed out relentlessly at Joshua, not giving the man even a moment to hesitate or form seals as he dodged beneath the cruel fang-like twin blades.
Quickening his pulse to give himself more speed, Koaru eventually got Joshua exactly where he wanted him.
Changing his rhythmic movement instantly, Koaru twisted his body, slamming a neck-breaking kick directly across Joshua's face and forcing the man to stagger backwards painfully.
Taking advantage of his enemy's dazed movement, Koaru moved in, slashing his blade cleanly across the man's unguarded neck and beheading him with one powerful swipe.
It only took a few short minutes to kill Joshua and from Koaru's dulled expression, he had barely broken a sweat whilst doing it.
“Was that truly the best you had?...Rest peacefully then Joshua”

The tips of his blades hissed with anticipation as he dragged them lightly along the sand, waiting ever longer for Blaine to meet him next in battle.
The strange man had disappeared into the shadows after fighting with Tyson and Koaru knew that the moment he let his guard down, Blaine would be there to strike him down with his infamous Chidori technique.
Narrowing his eyes threateningly, Koaru heard the shrill cry of a thousand screaming birds break through the air.
There you are...
Within seconds Blaine had leaped out from behind the shadowed trees His arms cloaked in brilliant sparks of white and blue electricity as he went for Tyson first.
Like a dog to his master, Koaru bolted to Tyson's side, striking out like snake and fighting back Blaine's powerful electric attacks with his own bloody blades.
The three way battle progressed slowly with each warrior fighting on with every once of strength they possessed.
Finally catching some hesitance in his weaken enemy, Koaru slid his blades cruelly over Blaine's arms, pinning the man firmly in place. Glancing stealthily towards Tyson, he gave a final firm nod.
Here's your opportunity Tyson. Burn him!
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:03 am

Tyson's breath came quickly as he struggled to recover from the overuse of his jutsu, and as he cast a glance at Koaru to see if his companion had heard his words, he heard a barely familiar voice murmur, “I understand master...”
Tyson frowned, uncertain whether he had heard Koaru correctly. 'Master'? Surely, he must have misheard...
“It's time master...Whenever you're ready.”
But no, there it was again, the title 'master', clear as day. Tyson narrowed his eyes, clearly displeased, and began objecting, “What-” Before he could string together two words, however, Koaru had leaped from his barricade of flames, and Tyson's lips drew back in an angry snarl as he let his shaking arms drop the fire.
Rash fool! He thought aggressively, shooting a glare after his companion as the man lunged elegantly at Joshua. You're not yourself, Koaru. I've never seen such cold blooded murder in your stance. It's disgraceful.
Ty shifted back, raising a kunai into a defensive position as he took in everything around him, ready for an attack. He was annoyed and unsettled by the change in Koaru, because suddenly, he didn't know whose side he was on. The man he had vowed to protect was nowhere in sight, because Koaru's attitude at that moment was not that of the man he had come to trust. The fight that he was involved in was not his own.

So Tyson stood, worn out and weary, and watched from an outsider's perspective while Koaru cut down Joshua with a few effortless swings of his bloody blades. When the young Shinobi turned toward him, Tyson raised his kunai out of instinct, the hairs on the back of his neck prickling uncomfortably. He did not trust the man before him. Koaru was not who he had thought, and Tyson did not understand the change in his friend. And, as he knew well, a misunderstood man was a dangerous one. At that moment, Koaru could just as easily have been enemy of ally.
With his thoughts as distracted as they were, Tyson did not immediately sense Blaine's attack, and by the time he did, there was no time to correct the opening in his guard. He flinched in expectation, but before the blow could come, Koaru had deflected it. Opening his closed eyes, Tyson shot the man an uncertain glare, hanging back uselessly while Koaru battled it out with Blaine.
This is not the man I know. His aggression is shameful... It's almost like watching the Kyuubi. Koaru... Just who are you?
Feeling his jaw clench in sudden worry for his friend, Tyson inched forward, keen to re-join the battle, and in that moment, he saw Koaru pin Blaine, and cast him a meaningful glance.
Shooting back a withering glare, Tyson formed a series of lightning-quick seals, and sent a blast of fire hurtling toward Baline, being none too careful of Koaru in the process. The fire passed his elegant companion, but Blaine was not so lucky. A bloodcurdling scream of agony burst from his lips as he fell, thrashing, into the welcoming embrace of hellfire. Tongues of flame tore flesh from bone, devouring Blaine's body with sheer heat, and within moments, no trace of the man remained.
Like hungry beasts, the flames reared up, eager for flesh, but Tyson dismissed them, and the roar of fire fizzled out to leave the clearing sickeningly silent, save for the heavy breathing for the weary warriors.

Tyson looked at Koaru, and despite the sag in his battle-weary shoulders, the burns on his face, and the unkempt locks of hair flailing at his cheeks, he held his chin high with pride.
“I don't know what's come over you.” He snarled with quiet iciness, eyes narrowing, “But I am nobody's master.” He slid his kunai into his belt, then turned his back on Koaru. I thought that we were friends. But if that were true, you would have let me fight at your side, rather than shoving me aside when you no longer had a use for me. This new side to you is ugly. I hope I never have to see it again.
“See to your friend.” Tyson murmured, his voice somehow harsh and gentle all at once as he pointed back over his shoulder to where Shun lay dying, “I'll dispose of him.” He nodded to indicate Joshua, then strode over to the man's decapitated body, leaving Koaru to face poor Shun alone. With a few quick seals, Tyson had the body burning in a rapid cremation. The effort made him dizzy, but with his trust for Koaru as shaken as it was, he hid all weakness, and willed his chakra not to forsake him.

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:52 am

“I don't know what's come over you.”, Tyson snarled coldly, his dark eyes narrowing with clear distrust as he added bluntly, “But I am nobody's master.”
Koaru's dead gaze ran over Tyson for a moment with simple consideration.
The state he had fallen into was nothing but a hollow shell of his old self from years past. It was during those long ago years that he had developed this murderous mentality, and as time had crept passed it had stolen the name Malakai as it own.
Koaru was highly aware of how out of control Malakai could become and as a result he loathed using it out of seer fear and revulsion.
He searched Tyson's features more carefully through the eyes of his alter ego, eventually coming to realize that his companion was indeed no master of his.
You are not him...then their is no need for me to stay. Don't call on me again Koaru, It mulled inwardly, finally giving in to Koaru's control and slowly slipping away like melted ice.
Feeling his eyes slowly slid closed, Koaru breathed in deeply as he fought to take back his hold over both his mind and his body.
It wasn't often that he'd reply on his other state to battle for him, but when he did make use of it he regretted it every time with out fail.
Opening his familiar grey eyes again. Koaru's kind passive nature returned to him, softening his beautiful face as he stared after Tyson with sorrowful regret.
Watching his friend's back apprehensively, Koaru knew that Tyson would point blankly refuse to face him and in all honesty he didn't blame the man.
I understand my actions Tyson...I know what I've done... I've got an ugly heart, it's something I'd dare not deny
Clenching his teeth in painful understanding, Koaru stared through his dark lashes towards to the ground, guilty and forlorn.
He had received this kind of reaction more than what he would even like to remember. He thought he'd grow used to it with time, but as Tyson pushed him away like a sullied woman. His feelings of hurt and regret only became bitterer and bitterer. He didn't want Tyson to hate him, that man was the closest thing he'd had to a real friend in years.

“See to your friend.”, Tyson murmured authoritatively, pulling Koaru out his thoughts and leaving him to stare towards the place Shun's dying form lay alone.
Shuddering at the cruel sight of his fallen comrade, Koaru whispered weakly,”Shun...he's still alive...”
As he ran to his fallen friend's side, he heard Tyson's murmurer after him, “I'll dispose of him.”
Understanding what the man had meant, Koaru didn't dare break stride until he was kneeling loyally beside Shun.
His friend's harsh breaths came in short pants and it was through parched lips that Shun softly mumbled, “K-Koaru?...Is that you?”
Nodding gently with tears in his soft eyes, Koaru ran a hand gentle over Shun's forehead as he tried to summon up the strength to heal him.
“It's me...You fought well my friend”
A small grin pulled over Shun's bloody mouth as he heard the small words of praise. Attempting to inquire further he pressed on with a whispered voice,”M-My plan worked?...What happened to-...to Blaine and Joshua?”
Resting Shun's head gently upon his knees as he tried to heal him, Koaru replied through dripping tears and a cracked voice, “You shouldn't press your self any further Shun...Y-Your plan worked perfectly. We've won, Blaine and Joshua are...They’re defeated... ”
Hearing those words seemed to give Shun some peace and with a small breath he added softly,”I'm happy that I...I was helpful... Thank you Koaru”
Shun's eyes slid closed in finality and Koaru felt his own chest tighten painfully as his comrade's pulse dwindled away into nothingness.
Holding the man close to his chest, Koaru felt his painful emotions overwhelm him at last.
Defeated and alone, he buried his soft face into Shun's cold shoulder, sobbing silently as incomprehensible grief overtook him.
He had tried so hard to save Shun. Knowing that his comrades were laying dead at his feet was enough to make him sick with regret and in return, Koaru's self hatred had welled up like bile in his throat as his thoughts drifted to Joshua and Blaine. They had once been allies of his too, good friends who he had trusted and fought along side.
“I've failed you...I did this Shun....I'm so sorry.”, He whispered weakly. His body shaking like a fragile leaf with each painful sob. “I...I've killed you all...I'm so sorry”, he whispered on with crimson tinged tears pouring down his lovely pale cheeks.
Tyson had been the final person he'd betrayed that day. He'd disappointed his friend deeply and shown his his true colours. Koaru sat ill with fear over losing his companion.
He hates me..., Koaru mulled painfully.
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:54 am

Still wary of Koaru's strange behaviour, Tyson left his friend to see Shun off alone. He had no ties to the man, after all, and though the injustice of his death was irksome, Tyson had already sated his need for revenge. Hiro's charred remains were perfect evidence of that.
Turning his gaze to Joshua's burnt body, Tyson gave it a distasteful nudge with his foot, and grunted in satisfaction when it crumbled with the impact. Undeterred by his gory chore, he kicked Joshua's ashes casually into the dirt with the toe of his boot, obviously of the opinion that such scum deserved no sort of honour whatsoever, even in death.
Looking away from the blackened earth that still marked where Blaine, Joshua and Hiro had fallen, Tyson finally allowed his gaze to stray to Koaru, and his harsh expression softened at last. Even from where he stood, he could see the silent sobs shaking his companion's elegant shoulders, and despite his lingering displeasure with Koaru's actions, sympathy began to claw at his heart.
Hesitantly, he turned to face the man, but his weight still rested reluctantly on his heels as he pondered over whether or not he ought to approach.
He is hurting. I suppose, really, that I should comfort him... After all, no matted how much his actions disgusted me, he was nothing but accepting when I lost control to the Kyuubi. Perhaps, this time, I must forgive; but I certainly will not forget.
Clenching his jaw thoughtfully, Tyson hung back a second longer – but as a pang of sympathy pained his heart, he found himself urged forward, sighing softly.
He approached Koaru cautiously, then stopped beside him and dropped into a crouch. As he watched Koaru clutch Shun's body to his chest and listened to his friend's heartrending sobs, Tyson felt a painful twist of concern clutch his heart, and any anger that he still nurtured for Koaru's despicable actions seemed to melt away. This man, who cried tears of blood for his fallen comrades, was the man that Tyson had come to know and care for. Whatever had happened before, Koaru needed his friendship right then.
“You did all you could.” Tyson whispered, his raw voice sharing in Koaru's grief as he laid a reassuring hand on his shoulder. “You could not have seen it coming, Koaru.”
He looked to his friend, and seeing the man's distraught state, Ty shook his head in simple pity, and threw aside any reservations his aloof nature insisted he held.
Shifting into a kneeling position, he wrapped his arms strongly around Koaru, and pulled those fragile, shaking shoulders close to his chest. Bowing his head, he closed his eyes, and sat in silent vigil, waiting for Koaru to shed every last tear for Shun's death. He offered no words, but just held his devastated friend warmly in his arms, and let his warm, calm presence act as a gradual cure – or at the very least, a momentary solace.

It might have been just minutes, or perhaps hours, before Koaru finally seemed to quieten a little, and when he did, Tyson murmured softly, “It was not your fault. Tragedy must sometimes befall even the best of us.” He swallowed the subtle emotion in his throat, and gave Koaru one last, brief squeeze before standing up and offering a hand.
“Come.” He urged gently, “We are in enemy territory. We cannot linger...” His gaze fell to Shun, and he added with sombre firmness, “We will give him a proper send-off, and then we must leave.”

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:46 am

“You did all you could.”
Filching slightly as Tyson's unfamiliar voice met his ears, Koaru felt his grip around Shun's corpse briefly slacken. Hesitantly he gazed up to meet Tyson's softened expression.
He had expected to find something akin to revulsion or perhaps loathing in Tyson's eyes, but saw none.
“You could not have seen it coming, Koaru.”, His friend murmured softly, laying a gentle consoling hand to Koaru's shoulder.
Feeling a lump form in his throat, Koaru silently realized that Tyson had looked passed his shameful acts. The gesture was too kind and Koaru felt unworthy of it.

“Tyson...”, He murmured softly.
Inwardly embarrassed by his pitiful state, Koaru began to futilely wipe away the blood tainted tears that seemed to leak contentiously from his raw eyes. He felt utterly and completely helpless as he sat down in the dirt with Shun's hardening corpse clutched desperately in his arms.
His pale skin prickled from cold shock and muttering softly, Koaru turned his gaze away with dignified shame,“I-I just...I've let them down.”.
Feeling his throat tighten painfully with those words, Koaru bit back his tears and added through a nearly inaudible whisper ,”How could I ever expect them to forgive me?”
His thin shoulders shook weakly as poorly repressed sobs took hold of him once more. Breathing in deeply and trying desperately to push away his pain, Koaru finally set Shun down to the comfort of the earth.
Without his dead friend for physical comfort, Koaru suddenly felt deadly cold. Instinctively he clutched at his own arms. His thin elegant fingers digging into the soft skin of his shoulders like hot daggers as his perfect nails drew blood.
Regret...it hurts

Koaru's mutilating action halted when Tyson's warm arms found his shoulders.
The gesture was something so unexpected that Koaru blinked for a moment in simple confusion as the warmth of his friend seeped into his cold form.
“T-Tyson...?”, he murmured uncertainly as he slowly relaxed into the man's strong embrace.
The comfort was enough for Koaru, more that what he cauld even dare ask for.
Overcome by emotion he open up heart once more and without shame to hold back anymore tears, he silently buried his face into Tyson's shoulder and cried out the last of his sorrows.

Minutes lapsed by timelessly, and when Koaru could shed no more tears he settled soundlessly into Tyson's arms, taking in the comforting scent that reminded him so much of pin-needles and cinnamon.
Tyson was a man of few words and when he did begin to speak, Koaru listened to every precious word secretly fearing that they'd be the last he'd hear.
“It was not your fault...Tragedy must sometimes befall even the best of us.”
Feeling Tyson's arms tighten briefly around his shoulders, Koaru nodded his head in sullen understanding.
Your right in what you say Tyson. Even though, I wish it weren't the case, we all die when our day comes...even me and even you
When his friend released him from his embrace, Koaru took a moment to regain his strength.
Staring up at Tyson with some determination returning to his eyes, he heard the man call to him.
“Come.”
Gentle taking hold of Tyson's outstretched hand, Koaru pulled himself back onto his feet, uttering a grateful whisper of 'Thank you' as he did so.
Tyson's expression seemed thoughtful and Koaru caught the urgency in his tone as he began explain the pending problem that faced.
“We are in enemy territory. We cannot linger...We will give him a proper send-off, and then we must leave.”
Nodding firmly in silent agreement, Koaru's gaze fell to once more Shun's inanimate form.
Rest with now Shun, you've played your part well... I'm sorry that I couldn’t save you. I swear that I'll make amends and return you home.
Feeling some resolve support his thoughts, Koaru murmured, “I understand...lets not waste anymore time out here in the open.
Dusting off the the dirt from his clothes Koaru stepped back from Shun's corpse. His bloody blades still glistened with metallic charm and staring up at Tyson from beneath his dark lashes Koaru asked thoughtfully, “If you still have the strength, will you send him off?...I would do it myself, but the methods used by an old samurai aren't clean or healthy.”
Koaru had a feeling that Tyson understood what was meant by those words.
He had given away many of his secrets as a old warrior already and it felt wrong to continue hiding his samurai ways. It was true that he loathed the way his clan had done things, but they were also the only practices he had ever been taught. He was set in the ways of the Kenshinryu and nothing would could ever really change that.
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:47 am

When Koaru stood beside him, Tyson folded his arms, and the two considered Shun's peaceful corpse in grim silence. Koaru's tears had stopped now, but the grief was still clear in his voice when he murmured, “If you still have the strength, will you send him off...? I would do it myself, but the methods used by an old samurai aren't clean or healthy.”
Upon hearing these words, he frowned, his keen mind zeroing in on one word in particular. Samurai. So that's what you are, then...? I suppose, all along, I should have suspected it. After all, you were different from the start. His frown deepened, his mind's eye darting back to the moment in the lake, when he had caught a glimpse of the dragon tattoo stretching all the way down Koaru's side.
That was the Kenshinryu mark. The heartless fighting techniques, the swordsmanship... It all makes sense now. I don't know how I didn't see it before... Koaru is one of them.
His jaw tightened as he reached this conclusion, but he shared not a word of his thoughts. Instead, he stepped silently forward, his elegant fingers forming the seals that composed his jutsu. He formed them slowly, breathing a subtle sigh through his lips as he felt with a burn the gaping emptiness of his chakra. The truth was, he didn't have it in him to perform this final deed, but he refused to admit that. And besides, Shun deserved a proper send-off. No matter what the cost to him, it had to be done.
He took a deep breath, then extended his arm, allowing an elegant ribbon of fire to extend from his wrist. It danced in the breeze, fluttering back and forth, and flickering playfully as it mocked the light of the sun. The flame was not dangerous, but warm and playful, and it valiantly challenged the gloomy atmosphere, shunning the heaviness of death that lingered over the clearing as it began to wrap Shun in a final embrace. It twirled around him, binding him in a protective fiery blanket. With a blast of heat, and a sudden flash of light, Shun's corpse dissolved into ashes, and the second the flame was extinguished, a kindly breath of wind grabbed them and tossed them into the air, sending the warrior off into the afterlife with the funeral song of bird-life in the treetops overhead.

As he stared silently at the place where Shun had been, Tyson felt an icy burning sensation start at his wrist, and began spreading through his entire body. He felt weak from the overuse of chakra, and even as he stood there, he dared not move for fear of falling. When he finally turned to look at Koaru, his vision was blurred, but too proud to admit his weakness, he murmured softly, "It is done. We must depart..."
He shifted back, and it was with shockingly cold fingertips that he urged Koaru to follow him, guiding his grieving companion with a feather-light touch on the arm.

The two traveled in silence away from the scene of the bloodshed, but they made slow progress, for as much as Tyson insisted on pretending to be fine, it was obvious that he could barely place one foot in front of the other. He had pushed himself too far, but still he pressed on uncomplaining, as tenacious as he was stubborn.
By nightfall they had managed to open some distance between themselves and their fallen enemies, so when Tyson caught a glimpse of a sheltered clearing nestled between the base of two tall oaks, he headed for it without even bothering to consult with Koaru.
Staggering toward the trunk of the nearest oak, Tyson laid a burnt palm against it to support himself, and winced when the rough bark scratched his blistered palm. He cast a glance down at his dirty, singed clothing and his burnt skin, and raised a hand to feel his shortened, scruffy hair.
Good lord... He mused silently, I'm in a pitiful state...
Shrugging it off, he pushed away from the thick trunk of the tree, and found a large boulder near the base to sit down on. He ran his hands wearily over his dirty face, then sighed heavily and looked up again, beckoning to Koaru.
"Let's spend the night here." He suggested, his husky voice as quiet as ever, "We can resume traveling tomorrow, after we've rested..." His eyes narrowed slightly, and he added with a certain firmness to his voice, "Besides... There are things we need to discuss."
His red-tinted gaze met Koaru's intensely, and it was obvious exactly what 'things' he was referring to.
You owe me an explanation, Koaru, for what happened back there. Your behaviour was not what it ought to be, and I refuse to fight alongside a man who is naught but a stranger to me. You were not yourself... I don't understand that.

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:44 pm

With a ghost-like presence, Koaru watched on thoughtfully as Tyson's elegant flames wrapped over over Shun's corpse. The ribbons of hot fire were beautiful in the fading light and Koaru felt slightly awed by them as they gently licked away at Shun's form.
Unable to do anything else for his dead friend, Koaru stood passively at Tyson's side, bowing his head respectfully as present at a funeral.
A sense of finality had fallen over him and his thoughts came a simple conclusion.
Our mission is complete at last. No evidence remains of our foes...or of our friends

When Tyson eventually called back the fire, all that remained of Shun were hot silver ashes.
They were soon stolen away in a breath of cool wind and tossed playfully over head, disappearing into the clouded skies.
"It is done. We must depart...", Tyson announced simply. Koaru turned his focus upon Tyson and could immediately see the strain his friend had taken through that gesture.
I've pushed him too far. He can barely walk
Anxious over his friend's poor state, Koaru followed obediently when Tyson's cold touch traced his arm. Eyes widening slightly in realization, Koaru furrowed his lovely features with clear concern. “Tyson...your cold aren’t you?”
There was a note of alarm in Koaru's gentle voice and wordlessly he removed his jacket.
Draping the warm clouting gently over his friend's shoulders and then examining him for a moment much like a mother would.
“It's not much, but perhaps it'll help”, he murmured softly as a reassuring smile tainted his soft lips.
He knew that Tyson would probably just throw it off, but desperate as he was Koaru tried his best to help his exhausted friend.
He needs to be healed, but with my chakra spent there's not much I can do...

They traveled on together through the Akatsuki territory, careful and vigilant for any traces of their enemies. Koaru had a bad history with the Akatsuki and if they even caught the smallest trace of his chakra, it would all be over within a heart-beat.
Walking on at a dreadfully slow pace, Koaru felt his body tense as he became more and more aware of just how bad Tyson's condition was.
Running his eyes softly over his friend's form, Koaru saw just how badly Tyson's beautifully tanned skin had been burnt. All along his arms and even along his cheeks, lay deep burns curling like revengeful snakes against his skin. More that once Koaru had insisted on stopping to heal them. Unfortunately try as he might, Tyson would just brush off his offer and press on weakly, persistent in reaching the edge of the Akatsuki lands.

With each painful step, Koaru feared that Tyson would collapse to the ground. His legs shook from strain and looked as though they would fail him at any moment. It was a truly pitiful sight which broke Koaru's heart.
Unable to watch his friend suffer alone for even a second longer, Koaru took intuitive.
Wrapping a firm arm around Tyson's shoulders, he supported him against his shoulder.
He offered no words or consultation, only a determined smile as they walked on in silence.
I'm not letting you go, I know you hate this kind of thing, but you can rely on me too Tyson

When nighttime finally came by, Koaru felt his own body begin to strain.
They had traveled far enough towards the Akatsuki borders to be safe from attack.
“Ty?...”, Feeling Tyson pull loose from his grip, Koaru followed his exhausted friend to a small clearing that lay delved neatly between two old oak trees.
Tyson...where are you going?

Walking on through the peaceful clearing, Koaru winced when he saw Tyson's blistered scrape against the rough bark of a tree.
For a moment Koaru's heart-beat quicken as a faint trace of blood dripped lightly from Tyson's injured hand.
It's just a small cut, nothing to stress over... but lord I wish he'd be more careful

Tyson didn't seem to notice the wound and when Koaru gaze at him, he seemed to consider something.
"Let's spend the night here.", Tyson suggested, his tone husky and soft as he continued to speak "We can resume traveling tomorrow, after we've rested...”
Clearly still concerned, Koaru nodded his head in simple agreement. “That would be a wise move, both you and I are in pretty bad shape. We need time recover”
Watching his companion curiously, Koaru mimicked Tyson's action and seated himself on a fallen tree opposite to where his friend sat.
His feet ached from hours of perilous walking, but he showed none of his exhaustion and only smiled weakly when Tyson met him with narrowed eyes.
"Besides... There are things we need to discuss."
Tyson's tone held an intensity to it that put Koaru's soft expression to shame. Feeling his smile drop away to a more serious note, he replied thoughtfully,“Things?...I guess you right about that. Far too much has happened without enough explanation”
Breathing in slowly, Koaru stood up and stepped gracefully over to where Tyson sat. His sharp eyes had distracted him once more and it was with a pleading gaze that he traced his gentle fingers over Tyson's injured hand.
“Please let me heal your wounds...I can't concentrate knowing that you are in this state.”
His expression was serious to his words and wordlessly he knelt down beside Tyson, taking the man's hand in his own as he did so.
With a placid expression upon his elegant features, he began to pour some of his recovered chakra into Tyson's wounds. Weaving a delicate string of luminous green energy into each burn and cut from beneath his fingers. He could feel a tiny tug of pain from each burn as he worked and secretly hoped that his gesture would give Tyson some relief to the pain he was clearly hiding.

Moving onto a final wound, near the nape of man's neck. Koaru furrowed his thin eyebrows in painful realization.
“Had this wound been deeper, you might not have been here”, Koaru commented sullenly as his soft fingers ran over the cut that stretched across the back of Tyson's neck. His fingers briefly brushed against Tyson's shortly cropped hair and with a weak smile he thought silently.
Your hair has been cut...it looks different short, But it suits you Tyson
While he worked on the final wound, Koaru finally willed himself to take on Tyson's pending discussion.
Hesitantly he murmured, “I guess we're almost like two strangers aren't we?...”
Finishing up his neat stitching on Tyson's neck, Koaru then seated himself placidly on the ground before his companion.
Staring up at Tyson with slight wonder in his gaze, he asked softly, “When I first met you, you were mute because a vow...Surly a vow like that must have been important if you chose to up hold it with such dedication?”
Koaru's feminine features held an inquisitive ting to them.
He wanted to know more about Tyson and since his friend had left the door open to questions, he decided it best to take the opportunity and ask one first.
I know that is much that you wish to ask me Tyson, too many secrets lie between us... I show you mine if you show me yours first. (Lets compare scars, I'll tell you who's is worse, lets unwrite these pages and replace them with our own ones ^^)
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:48 pm

Throughout their journey, Koaru had been fussing over him incessantly, and though Tyson found it somewhat irksome – as he always did when people fretted – he tolerated it patiently, because he was grateful for his friend's caring, despite it all. Even after they had reached what was to be their camp for the night, Koaru's behaviour did not change, and Tyson soon found himself sitting patiently and awaiting a response to his question. Even as he waited, he knew that it was hopeless, because he could see the distraction in Koaru's gaze, and he was not surprised when his friend suddenly said, “Please let me heal your wounds... I can't concentrate knowing that you are in this state.”
At first he hesitated, but when Koaru approached and knelt down beside him, Tyson nodded mutely, and allowed his friend to take his hand. He watched with a patient, calm gaze as Koaru began healing his wounds, starting with the burns on his hands. As the pain gradually began to leave him, Tyson felt his gratitude for his friend deepen, and the hostility that he still nurtured from Koaru's crude behaviour during their battle slowly began to feel obsolete.
Somehow, now that Koaru was acting like himself again, Tyson no longer felt inclined to blame him for what had happened before. He had not been in his right mind... Even so, he expected an explanation, and soon, if his acceptance of his friend was to last.
“Had this wound been deeper, you might not have been here.” Koaru piped up, distracting Tyson from his thoughts. He felt a touch on the back of his neck, reminding him of the attack he had taken, and he murmured in pacifying response, “But it is not deeper, and I am here.”
I wouldn't let myself die so easily, you know. There is a small difference between a near-miss, and a fatal wound, but when one learns to toe the line between the two, that difference becomes a huge one.
Tyson sat patiently, uncomplaining, and waited for Koaru to finish healing his wounds. A few moments passed, and then his companion's melodious voice asked, “I guess we're almost like two strangers aren't we...?”
“Is that so?” Tyson responded quietly, humouring Koaru like an unconvinced parent to an inventive child. It was true that they knew little about one another, but Tyson still did not buy that sentiment. He, for one, would never engage in battle to defend a stranger, nor would he risk sacrificing his own life as Koaru had done for him. In his opinion, friendship was measured by loyalty, and not by knowledge. That was what books were for.
His rich brown gaze followed his friend's progress as Koaru shifted away from him, and seated himself on a fallen stump opposite, staring up at Tyson through gentle, intelligent eyes.
“When I first met you, you were mute because a vow...” Koaru mused quietly, his words bringing an instant tension to Tyson's stance, ”Surly a vow like that must have been important if you chose to up hold it with such dedication?”
He grunted irritably, averting his gaze, and stared out over the darkening forest, acting almost as if he hadn't heard his friend's question, though it was obvious he had. The truth was, Tyson had been dreading the moment when he would be reminded of his vow. All the while, busy as he was, he had been able to slide it conveniently to the back of his mind, and thus press on in blissful ignorance. Now, however, it faced him as unavoidably as a red sheet to a bull, and there was nothing for it but to face the problem head-on.
“Yes.” He answered at last, his tone sharp with bitterness, “It was important. Far too important for me to lose resolve...” His eyes narrowed, but still he avoided Koaru's gaze, staring instead at the surrounding trees, and watching them with such intensity, it was as though he expected them to move.
“But,” He went on, his jaw tightening and his lips pulling back in disgust at the unwelcome sound of his own voice; a constant, mocking reminder of his failure. Each word tasted bitter on his tongue, but he spoke anyway, because a vow once broken could not be unbroken. His silence was pointless now.
“I've failed, I suppose.” He muttered, and another long, thoughtful pause followed before he amended, “Well, perhaps that's somewhat defeatist of me... I've not failed yet, but if I can't even keep one pointless vow,” He rolled his eyes irritably, “I don't see how I can hope to succeed.”
Tyson cast Koaru a thoughtful glance, hiding the frustration he felt with every word that passed his lips, and considered his friend for a moment. Although Koaru had not asked directly, he had clearly implied that he wanted to know the reason for Tyson's vow, but Ty was not sure he wanted to divulge that just yet. His confidence in Koaru had been rattled during the battle, and the idea of what would happen if he confessed his mission to the wrong person was unthinkable. It would put more than just his own life in danger.
So, mysterious as ever, Tyson chose not to mention it, and instead turned the spotlight on Koaru.
“Anyway,” He said, flicking his fingers dismissively, “That doesn't matter now. What's done is done. Even so...” His eyes narrowed, “I demand an explanation, Koaru, for what happened during that battle. I've never seen somebody's personality change so drastically in so short a time... It's unsettling, I'll have you know, to watch your comrades morph before your eyes.” With a subtly clenched jaw, Tyson met Koaru's gaze, and held it with burning intensity. “I want to trust you.” He stated bluntly, “But I cannot overlook such instability without an appropriate excuse.”

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:55 am

When Tyson spoke of his vow, it was through a sharp tone of bitter regret.
His ever mysterious vow still lay shrouded in the mists of the unknown, and it was clear that Tyson had no intention of sharing his story yet.
Koaru's curiosity on the matter didn't wane however and he remained ever alert to all the fine details Tyson did manage offer up to him.
From what his friend had explained, the the vow had been highly important, but unfortunately broken and therefor unfilled.
The defeat in Tyson's manner was enough to make Koaru pity him, but out of seer respect for his precious comrade, he chose not to patronize him with meaningless apologies.
Meeting Tyson's gaze with a thoughtful one of his own, Koaru smiled warmly.
He took careful note of Tyson's unsettled nature as the man began to shift away from topic.
I guess I'll have to delve deeper to learn your secrets Tyson. I sense that you still carry a great burden and in honesty, It interests me to no end

A dismissive tone emanated from Tyson's lips. Flicking the subject aside with his animated fingertips, he began to speak.
“Anyway, That doesn't matter now. What's done is done.”
Nodding in silent acceptance, Koaru murmured gently, “The past is unchangeable...The only time a man truly has some power over his own fate is during the present.”
Tyson's eyes seemed to narrow at this and instinctively Koaru turned his gaze away shyly. His attention falling to his delicate fingers which fiddled aimlessly with the loose cloth of his shirt.
Tyson seemed stuck on a thought and murmured with surprising firmness to his tone.“Even so...I demand an explanation, Koaru, for what happened during that battle.”
Staring up at the man with a slightly sullen expression, Koaru felt dread chill his insides as he remembered of the vile actions he had taken up to defeat Joshua.
So we aren't going to put the past behind us after all...I suppose that it will bury it's self within good time
Koaru's manner was hesitant and he felt slightly unsettled about about answering his friend's demand. He had his own secrets to protect too and it was risky to dish out unnecessary information.

”I've never seen somebody's personality change so drastically in so short a time...”, Tyson added seriously. The note in his voice worried Koaru slightly and he feared Tyson's rejection as the man continued coldly,”It's unsettling, I'll have you know, to watch your comrades morph before your eyes.”
Clenching his teeth tensely in understanding, Koaru replied softly with down cast eyes, “I know...I'm sorry you had to see that Tyson”
Koaru felt shunned by the intensity in his friend's gaze.
“I want to trust you...But I cannot overlook such instability without an appropriate excuse.”
Tyson's words were blunt and Koaru knew that in order to amend things with his friend, he'd have to either to give up up explanation or risk losing Tyson's trust all together.
Shifting uncomfortably in his seat, Koaru finally smiled in simple acceptance. It it were for to gain Tyson's trust then in Koaru's opinion no decision was really needed.
“I guess there’s no point running away from the past....”, he murmured thoughtfully.
Staring up at Tyson with some determination in his gaze, Koaru nodded his head.
“Very Tyson... I'll give you an explanation as best I can. It's not really a subject that's easy to explain, but I treasure your friendship, so I’ll do my best.”
Running an elegant hand through his long hair, Koaru loosen it from it's tie, allowing it fall over his shoulders with a shimmering gleam.
Tending to it with playfully fingers, he began to speak to explain his story.
“I assume that you've heard of the Seven Ninja Swordsman from the River country?”
Quirking an eyebrow curiously, he watched Tyson's reactions like hawk. Smiling at his companion with placid beauty as he continued, “Each warrior comes from one of seven Samurai Clans and each fight for the grand title of strongest warrior”
Pausing for a moment gather his his thoughts and memories, Koaru swallowed back something skin to both pride and shame.
“I came from such a clan...I'm from the Kenshinryu.”, His soft eyes flickered with mystery as they traced over the strands of purple hair thoughtfully.
“Our sword techniques are infamous thanks to our blood based Chakra. We as a clan up held the oldest of samurai traditions and followed only the strictest of codes....or at least we that what we used to do”
Shoving aside his history like some unfinished novel, Koaru shook his head and returned his train of thought to Tyson's original demand.
“When I battled against Joshua I changed my state of thinking and called up an old Samurai technique known as Malakai.”
Shaking his head with distant thought, he began to explain, “It was originally designed by my family as a means of honing in on one's killer instincts.... The idea was to cut off all emotions, hence cutting off any restraints. Once your mind is clear and unbound, your true instincts as a warrior come through...”
Arching his neck to glare coldly at the ground, Koaru's sharp features tightened slightly with frustration.
“Unfortunately my technique is still imperfect. I can't hone out my hatred... The result was what you saw back there in our battle. A form of Malakai filled with murderous intent and no control.”
Koaru breathed in deeply as he calmed himself. He suddenly felt the strain from their journey for the first time. He had became highly aware of how much chakra he had consumed throughout their battle and felt nauseous as hunger clawed at his stomach.
Looking up to Tyson once more through slightly saddened eyes, Koaru smiled before adding with bitter shame, “I have an ugly heart...that’s why the Malakai technique doesn't work for me”
Finishing off his explanation, Koaru turned his head away with simple guilt. He felt like a sullied woman, weak, incapable and tainted. Murmuring softly he apologized again, “I'm sorry Tyson...I feel as though I've let you down.”
[i]I don't expect you to understand my actions...But please don't leave me alone

Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:10 pm

Tyson watched intently as Koaru considered his demands, silently fretting in his elegant fashion, until at last, he hesitantly acquiesced. “Very well Tyson..." he murmured softly, "I'll give you an explanation as best I can. It's not really a subject that's easy to explain, but I treasure your friendship, so I’ll do my best.”
Offering a nod of respectful appreciation, Tyson folded his arms, and sat back on the boulder to listen to Koaru's explanation, an eyebrow raised expectantly.
With his friend’s gentle voice washing over him, the story slowly grew, and Tyson began to catch a glimpse into the past of a man who was certainly not what he had first seemed. Koaru went on, slowly telling his story – or part of it, anyway - and Tyson sat with his fingers folded into a steeple, listening intelligently as he fitted the new pieces of knowledge together with those that he had already guessed or assumed.

When Koaru mentioned the Kenshinryu clan and the Malakai technique, Tyson felt a hint of enlightenment dawn on him. He understood now why Koaru had behaved so rashly during that battle. It was simply the way he had been trained... And Tyson could relate to that. He knew better than anybody how impossible it was for a man to escape his roots.
He felt a stab of empathy at that moment, and his expression finally began to soften. It was clear that his anger for Koaru’s actions had left him. Though whether or not he was willing to forgive was a question as yet unanswered. Nodding briefly in acceptance, Tyson seemed almost ready to accept Koaru’s explanation, but then his friend added something that instantly brought the tension back to his muscles.
“Unfortunately my technique is still imperfect." Tyson cast him a sharp glance, curiosity instantly piqued again as he waited for his friend to go on, eyes narrowed in suspicion, "I can't hone out my hatred... The result was what you saw back there in our battle. A form of Malakai filled with murderous intent and no control.”
Ty's brow creased into a frown as he considered those words. It was an unsettling concept – such an imperfect technique. The fact that Koaru would willingly relinquish control in such a way disgusted him. From what he said, it was obvious that his technique, his ‘Malakai’, was deeply flawed, and dangerous to friend and foe alike. Even so, Tyson was not surprised. He had expected that, after all, after experiencing it first hand in the battle.
Still… It was strange... Koaru certainly did not strike him as the hateful type, yet he claimed that hatred was the reason for the flaws in his Malakai state. There was certainly far more to this man than he knew, and for the first time in a long time, Tyson found himself beginning to feel curious… Just what had happened in Koaru’s life to strike hatred into a heart that seemed otherwise pure?
“I have an ugly heart...” Koaru murmured, pulling Tyson out of his thoughts, ”That’s why the Malakai technique doesn't work for me. I'm sorry Tyson... I feel as though I've let you down.”
With narrowed eyes, Tyson watched as his friend bowed his head in shame. Koaru’s beautiful, purple hair fell like liquid across his face, and as he considered the man’s beautiful profile, Tyson began to take pity on his friend at last. He was displeased by Koaru’s imperfect Malakai technique, and that would not change, but after all – to judge Koaru for just that one mistake would be cruel.
You may have fallen from grace for a moment there, Koaru… Tyson mused, watching his friend silently, But before now you have been nothing but a friend to me. In light of everything you’ve done, it is only fair that I overlook this one slip up. You have my forgiveness, my friend.
Softening his harsh expression at last, Tyson took a deep breath, and released it in a sigh. "You're a fool, Koaru." He scolded, not unkindly, "You've done nothing of the sort." He considered his friend for a moment, and frowned at the sight of that bowed head. It was as though Koaru felt unworthy to face him, and that was one thing that Tyson certainly refused to tolerate. His faith in his friend had been restored, and he loathed seeing Koaru cowering away from him like a dog from its master. Irritated, he reached out to Koaru, taking his chin between dainty fingers to firmly guide the man's shamed face back to meet his own.
"Look me in the eye when you speak to me." He demanded, eyes blazing as he met his friend’s gaze, "I am your comrade, so I expect to be treated like an equal. I’m no better than you, after all…” He dropped his hand back to his side, and turned his head away as he murmured, “As a Jinchuuriki myself,” – his jaw clenched bitterly – “I have no right to judge. You have my understanding, Koaru, and you have my forgiveness.” He glanced back to his friend, and added quietly, “Although I hope that I do not have to see that side of you again any time soon."

He was silent for a while, thinking over recent events, and as he studied his fingers in his lap, he mused out loud, “So I have been fighting beside one of the Seven Ninja Swordsmen…?” Tyson uttered a breath of grim amusement, shaking his head. “You were right after all. Even after these weeks travelling together, we are still only strangers. But even despite that,” He looked up, meeting Koaru’s gaze intensely, “You must know that my loyalty to you remains absolute. I will not forget the kindness you have shown me. After that battle, I admit I feared that I may have misjudged you…” His lips pulled into a grim smile, “But I can hardly hold that against you when I am just the same.”

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:59 am

"Look me in the eye when you speak to me."
Tyson's demand held authority to it and when Koaru felt the man's gentle finger's trace his pale chin, he obediently did as he was told.
Gazing up at Tyson through glossy eyes grey eyes, Koaru blinked thoughtfully at the man he had so come to admire and respect.
"I am your comrade, so I expect to be treated like an equal. I’m no better than you, after all…
Tyson's voice intimidated Koaru through it's seer intensity and in return he gently shook his head in silent apology. He smiled subtly at his friend's kind understanding, but felt concern fill him when he caught the bitter edge in Tyson voice.
As a Jinchuuriki myself, I have no right to judge.”
Listening intently to each word Tyson had uttered, Koaru was reminded of one cruel secret he had nearly forgotten. Tyson held the power of a legendary tailed-beast within him, he was one of the nine Jinchuuriki fated to a condemned life of pain, suffering and hate.
Shuddering at that thought, Koaru rubbed away the goosebumps that had prickled his flesh. Memories of Tyson's tail-form lingered dangerously before his mind's eye .When he turned to look back at his perfectly refined companion, Koaru found it difficult to believe that somebody so completely calm and controlled could house the ungodly power of the Kyuubi.
I wonder how you deal with it Tyson...Do people shun you as they did too me?...You not the kind to rely on others so easily. I image you to have suffer a great deal alone.
Feeling Tyson's hand subtly pull away from his chin, Koaru followed his friend's gaze into the distance.
“You have my understanding, Koaru, and you have my forgiveness.”
Those words reassured Koaru more that what he could even begin to explain and bowing his head gratefully he murmured, “That’s all I dare ask for, Thank you Tyson.”
Continuing to speak, his friend added quietly, “Although I hope that I do not have to see that side of you again any time soon."
Understanding the meaning behind Tyson's words, Koaru nodded firmly.
Slowly raising his chin to stare directly into Tyson's reddish brown gaze, he added through a determined yet thoughtful murmur , “In the heat of battle too much can happen for me to make false promises... But I do hope that you are right. I will not show those colors again if I can avoid it ”
Beaming warmly at that decision, Koaru hesitantly placed a hand to Tyson's shoulder, squeezing it with subtle affection.
I will try. For your sake I'll do my best
Pulling his hand back and watching Tyson with a some curiosity, he heard his friend softly muse.
“So I have been fighting beside one of the Seven Ninja Swordsmen…?”
Catching the amusement in Tyson's tone, Koaru felt his cheeks flush slightly with shyness.
“I suppose that would be the case wouldn't it?...”
Tilting his head at this thought, Koaru smiled fondly at Tyson. The gentleness had returned to his peaceful nature and he relaxed as he watched Tyson breathe with grim amusement.
“You were right after all. Even after these weeks traveling together, we are still only strangers.”
Fiddling with his loose hair once more, Koaru began to unconsciously braid the ends to together. He regretted pointing out that they were like strangers, it seemed like a silly yet all too true choice of words.
Meeting Tyson's intense expression with soft eyes, Koaru murmured apologetically, “I shouldn’t have said that, It is hardly true... Strangers don't share trust like friends do. You are my comrade and friend. I'm deeply sorry for saying anything otherwise.”
Tyson's strong gaze didn't falter and silently Koaru began to ponder over his friend with ever present curiosity.
What are you thinking Tyson?...
When at last his companion’s soothing voice came to ear, Koaru listened with attentiveness akin to a child to folktales.
“But even despite that...“, Tyson began.
You must know that my loyalty to you remains absolute.... I will not forget the kindness you have shown me. After that battle, I admit I feared that I may have misjudged you…But I can hardly hold that against you when I am just the same.”
Thoughtfully Koaru tightened the white ribbon that held his hair in place. He knew that he and Tyson shared the same fear of losing control. Both of them had honed abilities that were devastatingly vile and frighteningly powerful. It was ironic to think that all they did was in the name of Justice.
With elegantly styled bangs shaping his pretty face, Koaru blinked warmly.
“...We're quite the odd pair aren't we?”
Deepening his gaze for a moment, Koaru traced his mysterious eyes over Tyson's tanned face.
The contours of Tyson's handsome face filled Koaru with silent appreciation and gently reached out with delicate fingers to tug at a tiny strand of his friend's scruffily cropped hair.
“The Kyuubi and the Samurai. It's an interesting tale indeed...But I really am glad that I got to meet you Tyson.”
Pulling his hand back, Koaru leaned back to stare up towards the darkened sky overhead. Murmuring with cheerful casualness he added softly.
“I'll be sad when you leave me. If anything I fear I may follow you when the time comes for us to part”
Turning back to Tyson with a playful grin, Koaru clearly implied that his words were nothing more that a mere joke and with a more thoughtful pose he felt curious inquire.
“This may sound odd, but I wonder...where will you go after our mission is over?”

Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:11 pm

Tyson watched absentmindedly as Koaru fixed his hair into place, and when his friend blinked warmly at him, Tyson allowed his expression to soften in response. The grief and tension of the last few days was behind them, and it felt good to be able to relax at last, at least for a while.
“...We're quite the odd pair aren't we?” Koaru mused out loud, and Tyson blinked amiably as his friend watched him for a moment, then reached out toward him. His gaze followed Koaru's fingers, and he grunted in surprise when Koaru pinched a lock of his hair and tugged sharply on it. Twitching away in an irritable fashion, Tyson started brushing his hair fussily back into place - then he remembered that it had been mutilated by the kunai anyway, so he shrugged and shook it out instead, leaving it to fall as it pleased. Somehow, the wild, untamed look suited him even better.
“The Kyuubi and the Samurai." Koaru went on thoughtfully, ignoring Tyson's fussing - and rightly so, "It's an interesting tale indeed... But I really am glad that I got to meet you Tyson.”
He opened his mouth to make some comment about how he was not the Kyuubi, how it was just some ungrateful tenant that paid no rent, but when Koaru added how glad he was to meet him, Tyson decided to let it go, murmuring instead, "I'm glad I got to meet you, too. We do make an interesting team..." He trailed off, a faint smile touching his lips at the thought. 'Interesting' was one way of putting it.
“I'll be sad when you leave me." Koaru piped up casually, "If anything I fear I may follow you when the time comes for us to part.” Tyson glanced over to meet his friend's playful grin, but the smile on his face merely faded in response. He was not looking forward to the parting any more than Koaru was, but sadly, it was unavoidable. No matter how good a team they made, Tyson knew that his bond with Koaru was only temporary. To his surprise, however, this thought saddened him greatly. Usually people could come and go from his life without him caring enough to blink an eye, but with the idea of losing Koaru, he could feel his heart begin to grow heavy. That strange young man truly had become a friend to him. Tyson was losing himself in thought again, when suddenly Koaru asked, “This may sound odd, but I wonder... Where will you go after our mission is over?”

Tyson looked directly at his friend, and considered him for a long moment, clearly making a decision as to how much he ought to say. After quite some time, Tyson concluded that he could, in fact, confide in Koaru. He truly did trust that man, even despite everything.
"I am usually not inclined to reveal my plans," He mused quietly, "But if you must know, then I suppose I can speak of my mission..." He folded his fingers into their usual steeple, and rested his chin on the point, staring at the ground as his voice took on a tone akin to a storyteller's.
"My father," He explained simply, "Is Aleron Retisant, Feudal Lord of the Wind Country." He allowed a pause for Koaru to take in this information, then continued, "While I was serving under the Kazekage in the Hidden Sand, my father was taken hostage. He is a good man," - Tyson's eyes narrowed harshly - "Who did not deserve such treatment. But as always, war knows no justice. It knows only power, and the struggle to attain it. I couldn't care less about the outcome of the war, but I do know this: Come what may, I will rescue my father. That is my mission, and that is - was - the reason for my pact. I cannot fail..." He shook his head firmly, "Failure is not an option. When it comes to family, I will do whatever it takes to protect them." The intensity in his eyes at that moment burned like fire, a passion rarely exhibited in Tyson's usually unconcerned nature, but when he looked at Koaru again, his expression softened again, and he even offered a small smile as he concluded, "That, my friend, is where I will go when your mission is over."

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:00 am

Meeting Tyson direct gaze with warm optimism, Koaru allowed a subtle smile to taint his lips as he watched Tyson silently consider his question with thought.
His question had been rather direct, but Koaru was curious to see whether or not Tyson would respond to it or simply brush it off. He didn't want to admit it, but he was secretly keen to gain the man's approval and with all that had happened out on the battle field, Koaru felt that Tyson's trust in him had deteriorated quite a bit.

Hearing his friend's soothing voice on the air, Koaru blinked for a moment in surprise. He still need to adjust to Tyson's foreign accent. It was unfamiliar and held a strange musical tune to it that reminded Koaru briefly of the European traders he had occasionally met along his missions and travels.
Gazing up from his thoughts to Tyson, he listened curiously as he friend mused.
"I am usually not inclined to reveal my plans...But if you must know, then I suppose I can speak of my mission..."
“Mission?...So you have something that drives you forward. I'd be honored to hear your tale”, Koaru murmured thoughtfully as he settled comfortably in his seat.
Catching Tyson with a keen, rather pretty grin he watched his friend take on a more thoughtful pose.
With his tanned chin resting thoughtfully upon his knuckles, Tyson began to explain his mission through the voice of a storyteller .
"My father, Is Aleron Retisant..."
There was familiarity to the name and Koaru threw Tyson a questioning gaze as he explained further, Feudal Lord of the Wind Country
Taking in the Tyson's royal heritage was quite a surprise and for several long moments Koaru simply gazed towards his companion in silent shock. Clearing his throat politely, Koaru brushed back a strand of stray hair from his face.
“You are of royal blood... you must be proud to have such honorable roots my friend.”, He mused with an accepting smile. Feeling the mystery behind Tyson's past delve deeper, Koaru questioned thoughtfully.. “If I may ask... Why was the son of a feudal lord set on a ninja's mission? ”
Pretending to examine his delicate fingertips, Koaru watched Tyson attentively as the man narrowed his eyes in response. The question had clearly brought up unhappy memories and feeling concern taint his features, Koaru listened intelligently as Tyson proceeded to explain his actions.
"While I was serving under the Kazekage in the Hidden Sand, my father was taken hostage.”
These words sent a shiver of uninvited pain through Koaru's heart. Feeling his expression falter slighty as his own memories ran amok, Koaru managed to calm himself quickly as Tyson pressed on.
“He is a good man...Who did not deserve such treatment. But as always, war knows no justice. It knows only power, and the struggle to attain it.”
There was bitter resentment in Tyson's voice and nodding in silent understanding. Koaru felt a sense of sadness draw within him like boiling water to tea. He could relate to his friend's feelings very deeply and watched Tyson through serious eyes as the man continued.
“ I couldn't care less about the outcome of the war, but I do know this: Come what may, I will rescue my father. That is my mission, and that is - was - the reason for my pact. I cannot fail...Failure is not an option. When it comes to family, I will do whatever it takes to protect them."
The passion in Tyson's words filled Koaru with silent determination, and instinctively he met his friend's firey eyes with his own silvery gaze.
“You speak highly of your father, he must be great man if he holds your respect... I'm sorry to hear about his capture though...I image that It must have been difficult on you and your sister.”
Koaru's words were filled with honest concern and thoughtfully he placed a light consoling hand atop Tyson's shoulder. There was a hint of sadness to his smile, but Koaru nodded respectfully as he pushed his emotions aside. Family was one thing Koaru had always held close to his heart. The only thing he had left of his were simple faded memories, but he never the less he clung to those as tightly as though they were gilded treasure.
Focusing once more on reality, Koaru dropped his hand from Tyson's shoulder.
He found himself observing Tyson's softened expression with interest. His own features seemed to light up slightly when Tyson offered him a rare but attractive smile.
Unable to hide his blush, Koaru tilted his head to the side, gazing at Tyson out from behind the shelter of his angled shoulder. He felt like a shy bird hiding behind elegant wings.
"That, my friend, is where I will go when your mission is over."
A cool breezed rippled through Koaru's hair and chilled his skin as he took in the tiny stab of realization that went along with Tyson's story.
You have a mission to fulfill. We are therefor fated to part my precious friend...I would never want to you to leave me... But how could I ever allow you to stay, when your heart is to your family.
Gently Koaru rubbed away the gooseflesh from his pale arms.
He offer up a small grin to Tyson as he slowly got his feet, clearly ready to rest for the night.
“You've got a long journey ahead of you my dear friend...I pray that fate is in favor of your mission”
Padding towards Tyson with elegant steps, Koaru stood before the man. Crouching slightly , he examined him with gentle curiosity. His face only inches away from Tyson's.
A warm smile painted his feminine features as he met Tyson's gaze.
“Your eyes are still raw from exhaustion...lets rest for now. It's going to be quite a mission getting home with this war echoing through every corner of the River country. We'll need our strength”
Ruffling Tyson's hair playfully, Koaru winked at the man before placidly taking to a spot beneath one of the oak trees. Near the base of it's roots, lay a slightly hollowed out area and leaning back into it Koaru made himself comfortable in it's shadowed shelter.
He was still heavily strained from the battle and as tough as he pretended to be, he could no longer hide the tiredness, nor the sorrow from his fragile limbs.
With his braided hair laying neatly at his side, Koaru slowly slid his grey eyes closed.
With all the sounds of the world falling away, he finally managed to drift into a state of sleep. His inanimate body lay pale beneath the moonlight, and at a certain angle he took on the appearance of a beautifully crafted porcelain doll.
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:08 am

Tyson glanced up when Koaru stood, considering the man's grin thoughtfully. Koaru was always smiling, but despite that fact, Tyson could not help but wonder what his friend looked like when he was truly happy... After all, Koaru's smile was as fake as a cereal box ring, albeit at least twice as beautiful.
“You've got a long journey ahead of you my dear friend... I pray that fate is in favor of your mission.” He said kindly, stepping forward to crouch before Tyson. He offered a mild nod of gratitude, then tensed when Koaru peered closely into his face.
"What?" He grunted, leaning automatically back and considering Koaru in a rather disconcerted fashion. The other man was so close that Tyson could even make out the detail of his eyelashes.
He had grey eyes... I hadn't noticed that before... He mused, swallowing as, for some reason, nerves began knotting in his stomach.
“Your eyes are still raw from exhaustion..." Koaru informed him, and Tyson just grumbled irritably in response, looking stubbornly away, "Lets rest for now. It's going to be quite a mission getting home with this war echoing through every corner of the River country. We'll need our strength.”
Feeling a hand muss up his short hair, Tyson made a noise like an angry cat and twitched away, combing his fingers fussily through his hair. When he had finished pointlessly plucking at the jagged locks, Tyson cast a suspicious gaze toward Koaru, to find that the other man had already curled up on the ground and slipped off to sleep.
Sighing quietly, he approached, and leaned down to touch the alabaster skin, gleaming so softly in the moonlight. "Goodnight my friend." He whispered, his fingers guiding a lock of hair away from Koaru's cheek.
After a moment of near-wistful staring at the beauty of the figure, doll-like in his stillness, Tyson quickly shook himself and turned away, straightening up. His eyes fell upon the lower branch of a tall oak overhead, and with a decided nod, Tyson had dashed up the trunk with light steps, and hoisted himself into the natural cradle. He lay back against the trunk, closed his eyes, and rested - hoping that morning would bring relief at last.

For the next three days, the pair traveled in companionable silence. Both were weary, but though few words were said, they enjoyed one another's company, especially without the stress of the mission hanging over their heads. Tyson had a tendency to lapse into silence for large periods - a habit no doubt gained from his pact - but if ever Koaru asked him something important, he would not hesitate to answer.
On the third day, when at last they reached some hint of civilization, it was Tyson who spoke first.
"Look." He said, pointing what looked to be a small inn nestled on the horizon, steam wafting around it as a telltale sign of nearby hot springs. "Shall we stay the night? I could certainly do with a hot bath, and the rest will do us both good." His eyes glanced over the lingering traces of exhaustion clinging to Koaru's face, and his brows drew together in a frown.
Neither of us can go on like this. We need a decent meal, and a warm bed for the night.

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:08 pm

The following three days passed by at a reasonable pace as Koaru and Tyson pressed on through the last of the Akatsuki territory. Their journey home was spent mostly in companionable silence as they crossed over through the River country's forest filled lands.
Though weak and strained as they were, Koaru kept his smile in place just as stubbornly as Tyson kept his silence. The affects from their battle hadn’t worn off yet and without proper shelter or food, Koaru feared that both he and his friend would waste away in the forest. Left for dead like crunchy Autumn leaves before winter.
Swallowing back some of the dryness and thirst in his throat, Koaru gazed up attentively when he heard Tyson's voice suddenly call to him.
"Look."
Following his friend's gesturing hand towards a small cottage-like building in the distance, Koaru tilted his head in curious wonder as he took in the faint trace of steam that wafted into the air out from behind the structure.
Looks like an inn, I've heard rumors of hot springs in these parts of the River Country
This was the first sign of human life they had come across in days. Feeling hunger gnaw silently at his innards, Koaru looked towards Tyson with a thoughtful expression in place.
As though reading Koaru's exact thoughts, Tyson's eyebrows furrowed together with consideration as he began to speak.
"Shall we stay the night? I could certainly do with a hot bath, and the rest will do us both good."
Nodding in agreement, Koaru offered Tyson an appreciative smile, “Sounds good, lets head there before it gets too dark”
Patting his friend cheerfully on the shoulder, Koaru led the way as they trod through a pathless route towards the neat little building.
The actual structure was far larger than what it had appeared from afar and as Koaru and Tyson made their way towards the front entrance, Koaru silently took in the lovely Japanese style design the build held. With black lacquer wood snaking along the beams and framing the silkscreens, Koaru found it comforting and elegant in appearcane.
When the two men, stepping to the main hall of the building, they were immediately greeted by a plump friendly looking woman.
“Welcome weary travelers...Dear me, don't you two look exhausted, May I offer you a room for the night? ”
Nodding gratefully, Koaru was the first to respond. “It would be greatly appreciated thank you... I'll pay up front if you don't mind?”
With her pink cheeks pulled into a greedy grin, she gestured for Koaru and Tyson to follow her as she led them deeper into the building.
Coming to a halt before a simple, but elegant room, the strange woman offered up a pair of keys between her stubby fingers. “Here you are Loves, Enjoy it”
With a cheerful wink, she then offered up a small written bill Koaru's way. Conversing with her idly Koaru took care of the payment quickly, Keen to eat and rest as soon as possible.
Once they were left to their own devices, Koaru fiddled with the keys between delicate fingers, unlocking the door of their room to reveal a medium sized, but comfortable looking room.
Steeping inside with a cheerful expression upon his lips, Koaru padded around the room with sharp eyes as he examined the two beds and tea table that were set neatly in place upon the polished wooden floors.
The faint scent of cooking food wafted through the air and gazing towards Tyson, Koaru offer his companion a teasing grin as his eyes traced over both his own ragged attire and then to Tyson.
“We're both in rather rough shape aren't we?...perhaps it'll be best we bath before we eat?”
Brushing back a strand of stray hair from his face, Koaru walked towards a sliding door that led out into the exquisite garden area of the facility. His soft eyes caught sight of the hot springs a little walk away. They were crystal clear with steaming hot water and Koaru felt a subtle smile pull onto his beautiful features, He was pleased to find them currently unoccupied by other people. His shyness before strangers had not changed and if he could help it he would avoid bathing before others.
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next