Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Polo! (how many RPs do you do at any one time? xD)

3 posters

Page 15 of 23 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 23  Next

Go down

Polo! (how many RPs do you do at any one time? xD) - Page 15 Empty Re: Polo! (how many RPs do you do at any one time? xD)

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun May 15, 2011 12:06 pm

((I like bubble wrap, too! XD

Can't find it. Sad *Whimpers* ))
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Polo! (how many RPs do you do at any one time? xD) - Page 15 Empty Re: Polo! (how many RPs do you do at any one time? xD)

Post  Dreambug Sun May 15, 2011 2:27 pm

((Sorry, that was meant to say 'Asleep in the asylum' Rolling Eyes I've found it: clicky ))
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue May 17, 2011 2:10 am

((Cool! XD Downloading now. Smile ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Thu May 19, 2011 2:04 pm

((Sorry... I'm too lazy to quote that entire conversation Embarassed And don't worry. I've got a good half-twist idea, but I'm afraid I may really need your help on a lot of it. Although it's not going to be too much of a surprise, since we both knew it was going to happen, anyway. But we can make it as big and dramatic and as undeserving as you want. Twisted Evil

And I apologize, this is probably rubbish. I wouldn't know, I haven't read it. Razz Generally when she starts waffling about what I put in the last paragraph or so, she goes a little off-track. But hey, it makes a bit of sense to me. Wink))

I listened intently to the couple's conversation, understanding that most of what they were talking about was beyond my understanding. By the sounds of things, Anthony's brother was killed a good while ago. It had nothing to do with me.
But it didn't stop me from being the slightest bit curious as to what was going on.
They weren't fighting, nor were they really arguing. They were just... Talking.
Funny... I was expecting more from the boy who's brother was killed by Kougu's hand. But it seemed, after noticing how serene Kougu was acting to Anthony's presence, nothing of the sort was going to happen. I should have trusted Anthony's word from the beginning.
But one thing was still bothering me. Why did Anthony have to storm in the way he did, when instead he could have just tried knocking?
So… About why I’m here…” He began, but Kougu cut him short.
Oh, I already know. You want to kill him – and you know I’m the only one who can help.
I stared at Kougu for a moment, studying his animated expression, and I realised he wasn't kidding. The silence that followed on from Anthony told me it was true. So... Anthony wasn't there to kill Kougu. Nor was he interested in hurting me. He wanted help to kill Kougu's father.
Wow... I definitely hadn't seen that coming.
Don’t flatter yourself!
Anthony's voice attacked my eardrums so sharply I nearly jumped out of my skin. What was he so angry about?
I turned to Kougu to see what he was doing that was so intimidating, just to see his face split into a cocky, knowing grin. The bright sparkle of life in his eyes made my heart lurch. It was times like these that really made me love him more than usual. This one time, he looked so human. It was almost dream-like watching his pale, ill-looking skin glow with so much life. The sight caused something deep within me flip with glee.
That was my lover – right there.
My lover, who'd proven so many times that he didn't deserve to live, that only a day ago was knocking on death's door, begging to be let through.
Now look at him!
He was beaming, and he didn't give a monkeys who knew it. It was such a difference to the first time I met him, with his sheet-white features, purple bags under his eyes and his constant, unreadable expression. He looked so different. So... Well.
My lover.
My stupid, gorgeous, ninja-reflex'd lover.

Why the Hell are you so… Anthony began, but his voice just seemed to echo continuously in my mind, like I was trooping through a cave of dreams, surrounded by distant memories that weren't quite there.
Different?” Kougu finished. I couldn't help but let out a quiet giggle, and had to bite my lip to hold back anything that way irritate the two. He was quoting me, back at the beginning to the week, I'd described him as 'different'. Not 'odd' or 'weird'. Just... different. “I'm happy.” Damn right, you are I thought with a huge grin. Anthony was thrown by this, and for an oddly long while there was a pause.
The conversation started again but to be honest, I wasn't really listening. I was too busy studying intently as Kougu's face sank from a wide simper to a deep frown. It was amazing how much emotion could be shown in such a usually blank expression. But I have to say, that frown really brought out the bags under his eyes.
Then I remembered exactly what eh was doing, wrapped up in bedsheets and lying flat on a mattress, wrapped in bandages.
He wasn't well.
What was I doing standing around? Well, I knew I couldn't just walk out of the room, since I still didn't trust Anthony alone with Kougu. Even with his reflexes, I knew Kougu wouldn't be able to fight off a boy as broadly built as Anthony. Despite the boy's promises, I couldn't trust him
Yet.

...I still hate you, asshole.”
“I never expected anything less, Anthony.

And that was it. The conversation ended with a soft chuckle from Kougu, and he turned to me.
Suddenly, he looked ten years older than he should have done. The mysterious blue eyes looked ten thousand years older, reminding me of Merlin, the elderly wizard from King Arthur. Of course, he was missing a long , silvery beard and magical powers, but he had the same look I'd seen in the film, once. His eyelids were drooping and it sudden;y occurred to me how tired he must have been. Too many things had happened in the little time he had been awake. He was weak enough as it was.
It's okay, Anthony is a good guy. I’m guessing he’ll be around quite often from now on...
I followed his gaze to Anthony, who had began slowly lingering out the door onto the corridor, peering around all the rooms curiously.
So get to know him, if you like. I daresay he’ll be better company than me.
“Will do.” I replied with a smile, sitting back at the foot of the bed beside him. “You make sure you stay alive, alright? For now, get some more sleep. You'll need it.” I thought back to what happened the last time I'd tried to persuade him to do anything of the sort, and winced. “Or at least a bit of shut-eye.” My hand reached over and stroked his pale hand comfortingly. “I'll see you in a bit.”
After a final mumble of a 'goodbye' I stood up and left he room, quietly closing the door behind me.

My legs immediately took me to the kitchen, where I found myself boiling the kettle. I'd done this so many times now, since I'd had to take care of mother, it was almost as if I was programmed to do it automatically. I retrieved a pair of mugs, along with two tea bags and a bottle of milk from the fridge. Swiftly, I dropped each tea bag into the mugs, poured a fraction of milk in and waited impatiently for the kettle to boil.
My mouth scrunched to the side thoughtfully for a moment as I pranced like an excited filly on the spot, humming random tunes to myself.
Perhaps it was best to ask around to see who wanted a hot drink before I served up.
Perhaps Anthony wanted a drink.
Perhaps mum was still asleep...
Best go see, just in case.
I strode out of the kitchen, suddenly in an oddly good mood. Kougu's smile seemed to still be fixed in my head, and it was all I could see whenever I so much as blinked. It was like someone had painted it on the inside of my eyelids, making it the only thing to see, therefore the only thing to important remember. I didn't need to remember the time when Kougu tried to kill me, or himself, because for a long, brilliant moment – and he said it himself – he was happy. Once in every five or six days was better than nothing. There would be more times in which he'd feel that way, I'd make sure myself that he did. I just needed time...
Before I knew it, I'd made my way to the lounge, where mum was beginning to stir. I was by her side straight away.
“C... Ch... Chr-”
“It's alright, mum. I'm here.” I whispered, kneeling by the chair arm beside her hand. I crossed my arms over the chair arm, then rested my chin in the centre in a child-like fashion.
“Chris-... Chrissy?” She mumbled croakily, hr eyelids fluttering delicately open.
“Charlie.” I corrected.
“Oh, come on. Don't be stupid. My daughter's called Chrissy. I know my daughter.” She was awake, now. Wide awake. Her eyes were like hazel pebbles glaring down at me. Her hands muffled around under the sheets I'd laid on top of her the night before. Her short, chocolate-brown hair was stuck up in wild directions, and one of her feet were sticking out from over them, revealing a bare, veiny foot.
My heart sank. “No, mum. I'm Charlie. I'm your daughter.”
“Well, obviously not.” She snapped. “And why's the TV not on? Where's my cup of tea?”
Obviously my emotional rant to her the day before had made no difference whatsoever.
My gaze sank to the floor, and my shoulders slumped in defeat. I wasn't going to get through to her, no matter which way I went about it. She'd never remember me. “It's coming.” I muttered miserably, pushing myself to my feet.
“And what was all that shouting earlier?”
I looked down at her, my mind suddenly racing. What could I tell her? I definitely couldn't tell her the truth, even if she wouldn't remember it for long. I couldn't have her panicking, because that was when things got ugly.
“Oh... Nothing.” I waved it off with a dramatic flick of my hand. “Kougu and his friend were just... Erm...” Then an idea came to me, as if a light bulb had just flashed into life in my mind. “They were playing hide and seek. Anthony had lost patience because Kougu was so good at it.”
She rolled her eyes and began staring at the TV screen, as if it wasn't a grey, blank screen. I hadn't even turned it on, yet.
“Oh dear, oh dear. Men... They never mature, do they?” She spoke, but her eyes softened just slightly.
A warm feeling of hope rushed to my heart, and before I could stop myself I asked her. “Was dad mature when you met him?”
She frowned. Looked at me as if I was the mad one. “Dad?”
“My fa-... Erm, your husband. Karl Atkinson?”
“Who?”
I stared at her, eyes wide in disbelief. Her memory really had got that bad? She couldn't even remember dad! What about the accident? Could she remember Alex?
Before I could blurt out any more questions I turned my back, leant over towards the TV and turned it on. I then darted away, back towards the kitchen, tears pricking at my eyes.
I was losing her. Every single day I was losing her.
She couldn't even remember my name.
I sniffed. Flicked off the switch for the kettle. Poured the water into each mug. Holding back tears.
She couldn't even remember my name...
After preparing both drinks, I went back, forcing a smile and handed her her drink. I still wasn't too sure whether to trust her with hot things since what had happened one time when I'd last left her alone with boiling water (see page 7, post 5 from the top Wink Yes, Dreameh has researched her charri's background Razz). I couldn't trust her, even if she didn't remember. I couldn't risk having her try any of that again.
“Anthony?” I said a little too brightly, meeting him in the corridor. The kettle's boiled. D'you want a drink?”

As if their couldn't have been a worse time, I began to have a flashback.

We were back at that old park just down the street from my old house. The sun was sinking from beyond the hlls, dying the sky a bright shade of pink. The breeze was biting at my skin, the grass caressing my feet. Kougu was beside me. I turned to him.
“Kougu... Can you promise me something? Could you please just... Postpone whatever you plan on doing until after I talk to your father? I... I just want to see if what he said was true – the fact that he'd help me, I mean. I know you'll probably think he's lying, but I need to check it out, just to be sure.”

My final words before the mood between us changed was: 'He may just be my only hope'. Kougu hadn't been very happy about this. We'd fought over it. But in the end he accepted what I was going to do. It was me who didn't agree with him, really. But those final words began to haunt my brain, and before I knew it, the very thought of my 'only hope' being destroyed made me shudder. Of course, I'd got so engrossed in love I'd completely forgotten what was at stake, here. No matter how big the risk, Kougu's father really was my only hope of getting my house back, if not insured. The insurance would end up costing millions, since it being at least six years since we last paid for any form of insurance. It was a wonder we hadn't been homeless since before I met Kougu. But my chance's time was running out, and the longer I staid there, the shorter the time I had to get that deal sorted would be.
Hell – for all I knew, Kougu and Anthony were planning to troop out in the night and shoot the man then. All behind my back.
So I'd have to beat them to it. Somehow.

I was really going to do it. I was going to betray Kougu.

That was the one thing I'd promised myself I'd never do. But it brought to question: what was I supposed to choose? My love or my family? No matter how rich Kougu was, I knew he wouldn't be able to afford the few hundred thousand to get the hosue itself rebuilt, then another million to get everything insured. My bet was that he'd only told me that to keep me away from his father in the first place.
Well, it hadn't worked.
Now, I had to make my choice.
Love or family?

I couldn't choose. At least, not yet. I had to talk to Anthony first. He could help me decide, because I knew perfect;y well what Kougu's views on the subject were.
But I couldn't give Anthony the wrong idea that I was trying to save Kougu's father.
I just wanted my house back.
Surely, since the insurance companies had all turned their backs on me, this was the bast and only way to go?
“You're really going to do it, aren't you?” I said quietly, my mood completely sunk into a secretive, silent stance. I leant on the wall beside him, eyes looking up at him anxiously.
What's your story? Who are you?
What would you do if you were me?

“Kill his father, I mean.” I jerked my thumb towards Kougu's room. “But what I can't understand, although I get it - I've not lived the lives you two have – but... Why?” I paused for a moment, realising that last question was probably one of the stupidest I could have asked, since I already knew the answer.
So I began blurting out an explanation, hoping that he'd get my gist.
“There are so many risks... What about what'll happen afterwards? There'll always be people as gruesome-minded and sick as his father, but-... We'll never be able to kill them all. People'll be out there, those we're going to hate, but can't do anything about it. Look at some governments!”
I realised I'd already gone over-board, and suddenly fell silent. If this boy was as strong-minded as Kougu was, he'd probably hate me for questioning his actions. Had I said too much? Did he suspect anything?
I looked down, chewing nervously at my fingernails. I couldn't risk having him finding anything out. Neither of them would ever trust me again. But what was I supposed to do? Like Kougu said before, his father would dump me in a situation where I would have to give him what he wanted, or I would suffer the consequences. Either I sat in this house, twiddling my thumbs and caring for two ill adults whilst there was a house that had collapsed, turned to ashes just a few streets down, or I got out and did something about it. I had no choice.
I couldn't just sit and wait whilst my entire life had been reduced to ashes. I couldn't just forget and ignore what had happened in the past few days.
Could I?
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu May 19, 2011 2:19 pm

((*Glomps* YAY! Dreameh post! XD Haha! I enjoyed that. :3 *Nodnod* First paragraph was SO cute. Razz
And I'm liking where this twist is going, I think... In fact, I see two twists in there!! Yayness! Very Happy
Can't reply now - but I will soon! Smile ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Thu May 19, 2011 2:34 pm

((Mow mow :3 Thank ya Polo!! ^_^ I loved those lines, too. And I so desperately wanted to put 'boyfriend', but it just didn't seem right. They're lovers, definitely. But Could we call then boyfriend and girlfriend? If they can't say it, I definitely can't Razz
Wait until you see what her excuse is to leave the house Wink Yes, Dreameh has a good plan of word-count-usage before she actually get's 'there'. Cool ))
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu May 19, 2011 2:48 pm

((Haha!! Adorable. Razz
Sheesh, I do not know... It's so tricky! I know Kougu couldn't possibly comprehend the prospect of 'boyfriend and girlfriend' - which is possibly why I find it so awkward when typing in this RP. XD Haha! Kougu seems to be stuck on 'Friend'. Poor thing doesn't know the difference. :3 Isn't he special? XD With a capital 'R'.
'Lovers' does seem to work - though I still doubt Kougu could comprehend it. Gosh, we could have such fun tormenting him by using different terminology... XD Imagine how pathetically nervous and confused he would get if referred to as a 'boyfriend' or a 'lover'...
LMAO! Poor thing. Razz
*Dies* WAY too eager... I want it now! Now, now, NOW! Very Happy

But until then... Short RP? Wink ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Thu May 19, 2011 2:59 pm

((That's a good point, actually. But they've both already admitted they love each other, right? So technically, they are lovers. *nodnod* Razz
Oh dear... I'd hate to admit it, but that would be very fun. Bless the little fluff. XD

Yes. Smile Although I'll have to go, now. Sad I had 2 GCSE exams back-to-back today. Believe it or not, I'm brain-dead. -_- But I'll be on tomorrow, hopefully a little less braindead. ^_^))
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu May 19, 2011 3:28 pm

((True true! ... How strange. O.o Haha!

Of course it would. Razz *Grins stupidly* I do love our characters. Smile

O.o !!!! You poor thing! Hope your brain recovers! Sending brain-healing vibes. Razz
I must also sleep... 30 minutes ago. XD And I still have to shower.
Chat soon. Smile *Lots of hugs* ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue May 24, 2011 7:42 am

Kougu nodded at Charlie’s words, managing a faint smile as she stroked his hand. He let his fingers close weakly around hers for a moment, squeezing gently, then he let go and Charlie slipped away.
With the feeling of her soft, warm fingers fresh in his mind, he lay back against the pillow, and gradually allowed himself to drift into the sort of daydreaming stupor that had become his own personal replacement for sleep.
A sleep without dreams…

His breathing was steady, and he was relaxed. The pain was leaving him fast, and his bleeding began to cease with equal swiftness. The longer he lay there, the more relaxed he became. And the more he relaxed, the less his wounds aggravated him. It was relieving, in a way, just to lie there and do nothing… Think nothing… Say nothing.
He missed Charlie, of course, but knowing that she was nearby comforted him greatly. Eventually, he found his stupor guiding him toward a slumber – and he let it take him. With his mind at rest and his thoughts peaceful, he knew that his sleep would be a dreamless one. He needed it, so he accepted that fact, and finally submitted to his body’s desperate pleas for rest.

Meanwhile, Anthony was letting his curiosity run amok. He pulled books from the shelves, scanned their covers, and replaced them. He picked up empty picture frames, turning them over in his hands, and pondering over why it might be that they were not filled. The house was strange… It was too clean, and too quiet. It was too much like his Shihan… And it made him doubt his plan.
Anthony’s eyes darted nervously toward the heavily locked door at the end of the passageway, and he couldn’t help wondering what was behind it. He stepped slowly towards it, throwing guilty glances over his shoulder, and pressed his ear to the thick wood. The white paint felt cool and soothing against his ear, which was burning hot from the shame of his snooping. Yet still, he listened closely. If he was going to pry, he might as well do a good job.
Yet try as he might, Anthony could not hear a thing. Finally, he stepped away from the door, frowning angrily at it as though his blazing look alone could make it reveal its secrets. No such luck. With a dramatic sigh, Anthony gave up his curious quest and turned around. His eyes now fell upon the ornate oriental rug that he had tripped over on entrance. It was crumpled and folded over, and it struck him briefly that if he was to form an alliance with Kougu and his lovely friend, he ought not to mess up the house.
Anthony chewed his lip indecisively for a moment, torn between manners and pride, then finally he shrugged and stooped beside the rug. His knees pressed against the hard wood floor in a manner that felt somehow demeaning to Anthony. As though, by fixing the rug, he was bowing down to his old nemesis without so much as a fight.
But then, he ran these thoughts through his mind again, and nearly laughed out loud. He was straightening an ornamental rug, not kissing Kougu's feet - and it was by his own free choice. Why should he read anything else into that? Really, he had become far too analytical of late.
Again, Anthony chuckled at his silliness, then pulled the corner of the rug straight. Once he'd brushed out the creases, he stood slowly - straightening his back with a groan. Spending hours unconscious on that hard floor not long ago had certainly taken a toll on him - he felt stiff and sore all over.
Damn Kougu.
With a wide yawn, Anthony turned around and began plodding through the house again - but before he'd gone far, a soft, angelic voice stopped him in his tracks.
“You're really going to do it, aren't you?”
He turned to look at Charlie, and felt the familiar uncomfortable sensation of his heart beating faster, expanding, rising to his throat as though it wanted to suffocate him.
That anxious expression so complimented her beautiful face, and suddenly he felt himself longing to touch it. To run his fingers over her cheeks, feel that warm, soft skin...
“Kill his father, I mean.”
This reminded Anthony of his goal, and he was suddenly snapped back to his senses - feeling his hand fall limply back to his side, though he could not remember ever having raised it.
"Oh," He murmured, sounding slightly flustered, "Well-"
"“But what I can't understand, although I get it - I've not lived the lives you two have – but... Why?” Charlie added quickly. Anthony had to think very hard about this. But before he'd even formulated an answer, Charlie was speaking again.
“There are so many risks... What about what'll happen afterwards? There'll always be people as gruesome-minded and sick as his father, but-... We'll never be able to kill them all. People'll be out there, those we're going to hate, but can't do anything about it. Look at some governments!”
She glanced down then, chewing on her fingernails, and this told Anthony that she was finished. She seemed somewhat ashamed of her outburst, so he impulsively lay a hand on her shoulder.
As he felt the burning warmth of her skin beneath his hand, it was as though an electric shock darted through him, and for a moment he felt completely tongue-tied. "Well, uh..." He stuttered, quickly snatching his hand back to run it through his hair and staring thoughtfully into the distance.
"Why, huh...?" He asked slowly, slapping a wise expression onto his face, as though he was conceiving an answer in his mind - but really he was just stalling until such time as he was confident to speak.
"Well-" He began again, and this time he felt that he had control over his voice, "I don't know Kougu's reasons. I mean, I could easily guess at them, but I don't know... But as for me, well, it's just about revenge I guess. I found out that it's his fault my brother was killed, so I want to kill him." Anthony nodded impressively - obviously under the impression that his burning determination and passion for revenging his dear brother's death would come across as 'cool'.
"So yeah, that's how it is." He finished lamely. "I'm not the sorta hero who wants to change the world or anything like that..." He murmured with fake modesty, "I just want to see justice served."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For hours upon hours, Kougu slept. He slept through the whole day, in fact, and the next night as well. He was lost deep in the dreamless plains - an endless expanse of white, looking so akin to everything in the real world - yet so different. So peaceful. Ah, what bliss it was - not to think, not to feel... There was simply nothing. To anybody else, it might have been torture - but to Kougu, this timeless place was sweeter than candy.
As the hours bled slowly by with neither his knowledge nor awareness, Kougu began to realise that he did not want to wake. When the cold finger of reality tapped on his shoulder, he shoved it aside, and delved deeper into the nothingness that held such wonderous bliss for his battered and burned imagination.
The longer he rested, the closer Kougu crept to something akin to a coma. A self induced slumber, from which he could no longer wake. The desire for consciousness had left him. Suddenly, it was enough just to count each breath, forever and ever, but never to wake. Never to think again...
The silence of his dreamland lulled him, and even with the sun now high in the sky, Kougu did not stir. Noon came and went - yet still - nothing.
Then, finally, when the sun had reached its highest point and gradually begun to sink, he showed some sign of life.
His eyelids twitched, and he was thrown out of his peaceful sleep like a baby bird being flung from its nest for the first time. 'Fly or fall' - those were its choices. He on the other hand, didn't have a choice. He was awake now, and that was all there was to it. His eyes slid open, and he blinked a few times - clearing his blurry vision. Then he sat up slowly, feeling waves of dizziness dragging him back, and rubbed his eyes groggily with his fists.
As soon as he felt properly awake, he glanced curiously around the room.
Empty.
How long had he been lying here...? It had been nearly 2 days now, yet as far as he knew, it might have been only an hour.
He yawned widely, then kicked off the light blanket covering him and hauled himself out of bed with a groan. He felt stiff and sore everywhere, yet he couldn't for the life of him remember why. The bullet wounds had stopped bleeding a while ago, and they barely hurt him now.
Once he was standing, however, Kougu noticed the blood-soaked bandages wrapped around him, and he frowned distastefully.
They felt stiff and dirty - rough against his skin. And he hated the smell of the congealed blood - so horribly familiar that it made him feel sick to his stomach.
He yawned again, then stumbled clumsily over to his cupboard and grabbed a change of clothes - a pair of jeans - ripped at the bottom - and a scruffy old T-shirt that was terribly loose on him, yet barely long enough. Scruffy and simple - finally, an outfit he could actually feel comfortable in.
With the fresh clothes over his arm, Kougu shuffled stiffly over to the bathroom. He showered and dressed - ignoring the fact that the hot water made his wounds resume bleeding for a short while. He was done 'playing the patient' now. Regardless of whether or not he had healed, he'd had enough, and it was time he got out and about. He felt fine, anyway.
And this was what he kept telling himself as he stumbled dizzily out of the bathroom and back into the passage outside - his thick, black hair dripping cold droplets of water down the nape of his neck, and dampening the collar of his T-shirt.
I'm forgetting something. He informed himself, frowning slightly, There was something important...
Oh, right.
"Charlie...?" Kougu called hesitantly, his deep blue eyes darting back and forth, searching for her, as he awaited his answer.

((Sorry for the sloppy quality - my mind is elsewhere. Razz But I wanted to finish, at least, and time skip a little - since we DO have that problem of making a year-old Role Play take place over the period of a fortnight. Or less. XD ))

Last edited by Polo the Weirdo on Wed May 25, 2011 6:47 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : FINISHED! :D)

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Tue May 24, 2011 2:43 pm

((I don't care if it's not finished, you would not believe how thrilled I was to see your post!! Surprised ))
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue May 24, 2011 2:47 pm

((Haha! XD I'm so sorry - I've been really struggling to find time! As it is, I had to rush out of IT so quickly, that I couldn't even finish the word 'entrance' Razz Haha!! Hopefully I'll have some time to type again in the car tomorrow... Or during IT - unless we're taking pointless notes again. O.o
*Grins stupidly* My teacher better not end up reading this over my shoulder... XD
*Note to self: Hide RPs when teacher walks past.*

Okay, I have to shower now, but when I get back - I'll have time to quickly reply to the short RP...? ^_^

You have 30 minutes. Don't disappoint me. XD Haha!))

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Tue May 24, 2011 3:10 pm

((Don't worry about it. Polo Razz I don't know about you, but I always struggle being able to hide so much as a MS paint document from our teacher, because either he walks past and discovers it from some snoopy little boy (-_-) or nosy's over when I'm not looking. It's nnoying, because the whole 'query' thing we're doing at the moment is really really pointless. Rolling Eyes

I will make time! Twisted Evil I'll probably reply then dissappear, because I have another exam tomorrow and I haven't revised... At all... pale

If I don't come online at some point tomorrow it's because my teacher's murdered me, or I'm utterly brain dead. Or crying. Whichever comes first Very Happy
Although me thinks I'll be more likely to cry on my maths statistics exam, since I have absolutely no idea what we've been doing since the beginning of year 10. o.0))
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue May 24, 2011 3:19 pm

((Haha! Thankfully, my teacher doesn't care what we do on the Internet when we're not working, which is often... He's cool. :3 I'm just paranoid about people maybe accidentally catching a glimpse of the RP, no matter how epic it is. XD Haha!

Dude. You suck. In the time it took you to type this OOC post, you could have replied. Razz
But I totally understand. *Offers high five* GOOD LUCK, my friend! Very Happy You'll do great! ^_^
Not revising is the best! I'm a master at it. Razz Hehe!

O.o Don't scare me, Dreameh... Or I may just steal your threat, and fly over there to make sure you're alive. XD
Maths is always like that... Or in my case, I'm cruising throughout the year, scoring As and thinking "This is easy!!" Then the exam comes along, bites me in the bottom, and drags my maths mark to about 50%. o_0 Uncool. Rolling Eyes
But I'm sure you'll manage! Very Happy *Offers hug* You're not me, after all. I'm lazy and stooopid when it comes to studying. Razz ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed May 25, 2011 6:48 am

((Done. Very Happy ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:24 pm

((4520 words... Oh yeah Cool About time too. -_- still, enjoy. I love you It was a bit on-y off-y in places, but the main bit is there. And don't ask about the mow mow. I'm debating on whether or not to make her into something or just have her there to annoy the hell out of the charris Razz))

Why, huh?
It was funny, watching Anthony's calm, green eyes flicker over my face, his lips creased into a thoughtful frown. I hadn't expected him to be so laid back about the whole subject. In fact, I was expecting more of a tetchy response, or for it to be brushed off like some speck of dirt on his shoulder. But to my surprise, Anthony looked genuinely thoughtful. Wise, in fact.
Or maybe that was just me....
I don't know Kougu's reasons. I mean, I could easily guess at them, but I don't know... But as for me, well, it's just about revenge I guess. I found out that it's his fault my brother was killed, so I want to kill him.
Revenge. Of course.
It always is.
But there was something in the way he said it; not anger, or hatred, nothing I would have expected from someone who's brother had been murdered. It was confidence.
Good, strong confidence.
And it was beginning to scare me.
I'm not the sorta hero who wants to change the world or anything like that... I just want to see justice served.” Justice, vengeance, they're both the same. Vengeance was just a type of justice, or an excuse to hurt someone. The policemen had told me many-a-time the meaning of the word, it had been their excuse to blackmail me into giving myself in when they'd threatened to arrest my mother for being guilty by association. I'd committed crimes, I deserved to be punished.
Of course, I hadn't taken lives and I hadn't abused my family, but this wasn't much different.
Well... Not really, anyway.
“Okay.” I mumbled, nodding quietly. I couldn't look at him anymore, because I didn't want him to see what I was thinking about. I had to make the deal before either Anthony or Kougu attempted to kill Kougu's father. I knew now how serious they both were about this, and the longer I waited, the shorter his time left to live would be.
Whichever way I looked at it, his days were numbered.
But I couldn't jump to it quite yet, I needed to think of a plan.
“Well, make yourself at home. There's food in the cupboards so if you ever feel hungry, just help yourself.”
That's fine. Just let him do what he wants.
Kougu's gone to sleep. Someone has to say it.
It's not even your house! Your house is still abandoned, nothing but a pile of black rubble. You've just left the fire brigade to clear it up. That's your mess, over there.
They don't have to clear it up...
Yes they do, it's their job. They're paid to do it. Still... It would be nice if, for once in a while, you'd clean up your own mess.
Which is exactly what I'm going to do. I'm going to talk to Kougu's father...
And, what? Get him to clear it up for you? That's even worse.
Shut up, would you? Go away. I know what I'm doing.
No, you don't.
I do.
You don't.
I do.
You d-
Why would you care, anyway? You've never said this much before. You've never said anything...
Exactly.
What?
You're going mad.
I'm not.
You're turning into Kougu. Face it. You've been hanging around him for too long.
There's no such thing. It's impossible.
Is it? Look at yourself! You're talking to your own head. Face it. I'm right.
You're not.
Of course I am. I'm your conscience. That little ghost in your head telling you right from wrong. I'm always right.

Not so big now, are you?

Well? What're you doing?
What d'you mean?
Either say something or walk away. What, do I have to tell you to do everything?
Rolling my eyes at myself – and after realising several long moments had passed without me saying anything – I looked back up at Anthony. He looked so confident. I'd not seen such determination in anyone other than Jimmy before. The deadly look in his eyes, the hunger for vengeance. That, there, was probably the look Kougu would have been wearing when he walked out on me. Just a night or so ago when he had marched to his father's office thinking he would be able to take life just like that. He honestly thought he had it in him.
In a way, Anthony reminded me of him.
He walked around like bullets bounced off his flesh, like he could walk around with a million tonnes on his shoulders without a single stumble.
He was a boy. He shouldn't have felt like that. Boys his age were going out with girls and discovering alcohol and playing sports with their mates. Not counting down the days they could destroy the life of their brother's killer.
Suddenly, I began to feel sick, and had to look away from him before he starting asking me what was wrong.
“Anyway... I'll, uh, see you later.” And with that I turned my back on him and sat down to watch TV.

Days passed, and Kougu had not emerged.
I barely slept, and when I did it was light and disrupted. I was so tired, but I couldn't sleep. My mind was constantly racing as I thought through what I was going to do. I knew I couldn't just sneak out whilst Kougu was sleeping. It was wrong to do that to him. Not only because he wouldn't know about it, but taking because it was wrong to take advantage of the fact that he couldn't do anything about it. It was like stealing from the dead.
But I couldn't just walk out, either. I'd have to think of an excuse...
Something good enough to believe that meant neither he nor Anthony would come looking for me.
But what could I say?
I barely saw Kougu in those next two days. I only even went into the room to refill his cup of water in case he awoke from his deep sleep. I ignored Anthony, too. I couldn't even look him in the eye in fear that he would see the guilt engulfing within my features. I couldn't even risk either of them sensing a single thing. I had to do this. It had to be done.
I had no choice.
My time was mostly spent around my mother, listening to her retort at the TV screen as soon as The Andrew Marr show came on – every morning at 9.01 AM exactly; time seemed to matter so much more to me then than ever before – and fall asleep whenever 'Bargain Hunt' and 'Homes Under The Hammer' came on at 2 and 3 in the afternoon. In fact, she slept through many of the channels which she didn't use to sleep through. She was sleeping a lot nowadays.
I didn't want to know what was happening to her. Only to accept that I was losing her, and the sooner I made this deal, the sooner I could get her in a proper place where she could be looked after and I wouldn't have to worry about what was happening to her.
I was doing the right thing.
At least, that was what I kept telling myself.

6.14PM. I was boiling the kettle in the kitchen during the adverts of 'The One Show'. I wasn't really hungry. I hadn't been for a while, now. In fact, I didn't feel much at all. I felt tired, that was about it. I'd forgotten to feel. I'd forgotten I had to.
And I'd not heard a word from my conscience since our little 'dispute' a day or so earlier. I'd stopped thinking, stopped feeling.
Maybe it was right. Maybe I had turned into Kougu.
But I still didn't have a plan for how I was going to get out of there.
Suddenly, the familiar sensation of needing the toilet distracted me momentarily and I wandered out of the kitchen, into the bathroom. Once I had relieved myself (XD) I washed my hands and stood, hunched over the sink and staring darkly into the mirror before me. Staring back was a tired, weary figure with dark shadows sunken over the bags under her eyes, hair flat and matted. A couple of blemishes had appeared on her upper lip and around her forehead. Blackheads crawled like termites across her face. A bra strap had fallen over her shoulder, now visible even below the end of the sleeve of her t-shirt. I pulled it up.
This was not me.
I looked like a zombie that had just clawed my way out of my coffin and dug my way back to the earth's surface. I looked far too old for a teenager. Anyone would have thought I'd not slept a day of my life, or that I'd been smoking since I was three years old.
I hadn't, obviously.
What was happening to me? Was this what determination did to someone? How could Anthony look so fit and healthy in this state of mind?
Slowly, I turned on the tap and splashed my face with cold water until it was as numb as my heart felt. I patted my face with the towel hung neatly beside the sink when my eye caught sight of a couple of rolls of toilet paper sat on top of a dark-coloured wicker basket. For some strange reason, I felt drawn to them.
Of all the things to be drawn too, and I chose toilet paper?
But I could not take my eyes off them, and before I knew it, I was knelt down beside them, picking up each one in each of my hands, studying them intensely. Neither had been used.
Without a second thought, I tossed each one out of the bathroom window, listening to their near-silent, muffled thuds as they fell each into a small crack by the side of the house, sandwiched between the garden wall and a plant pot facing the always-empty back street. They were obvious to me, because I knew where they were. But no one in their right minds were stupid enough to roam the back streets this close to sun-down. Besides, the wall sheltered them from any real view. Only if anyone decided to look would they see them.
If they had survived unnoticed by the time I had returned, I would dispose of them myself.
If I returned...
I took a few deep breaths. There was no going back now. Quietly, I exited the bathroom and went back to the kitchen to make some hot drinks.
Charlie...?
“Kougu?” I spun round in horror, my heart lurching in my chest. He was awake. He was walking towards me.
If anyone had seen me, if he knew...
I couldn't let that happen.
Face drained of colour, I slowly crept to the corridor to see what he wanted.
To my utter relief, he looked nothing less than happy. Steam radiated off his warm, wet hair and his cheeks were flushed with the colour mine had begun to lack. He was wearing a simple outfit, clean and baggy, which he looked perfectly comfortable in. By the sleek line in his top, his bandages had been ripped off. He was obviously well.
My heart started beating again, and I could finally breathe.
He had no idea. I was fine.
Everything was going to be okay.
“You scared me.” I said quietly, leaning against the door framing just outside the kitchen. My voice was calm, but forced. I had to act as normal as I possibly could. Even more so to him, because he could sense better than Anthony when something was up. “I was starting to think you weren't going to wake up.”
I managed to look him in the eye once or twice, but not for much more than a second. I just couldn't, knowing I was going to betray him. Having no conscience didn't mean I wasn't feeling a little bit guilty now that I'd seen him in person, after coping with over forty-eight hours without barely seeing him. His eyes bored into me searchingly, and I had to carefully show him what he wanted to see. Happiness. But again, it was forced, so I couldn't hold the smile for long. Eyes dropped to the floor, I began brushing my toes over the rough, cream carpet. Well, here goes...
“I... Er... w-we're out of loo rolls. I'm just going to nip to the supermarket to get some, since the shop closed at five-thirty. I may be a while, but don't worry. It's just a bit of a walk, there and back. That's all. Tell Anthony there's tea and coffee in the blue jars beside the kettle and that if he gets hungry there's some soup and pot noodles in the lower cupboard. If you want a hot drink then the kettle's boiled. If you're feeling hungry get a stock cube out of the cupboard with the HP sauce and Golden syrup and stick that in some hot water. It's not much, but it's filling and it tastes a little nicer.”
I'd become oddly breathless from my little speech, and had to pause for a moment to get my breath back.
Then I finally looked at him.
“You and Anthony will stay off each other's necks until I come back, won't you? If you think anything'll brew if you start talking, then just don't talk. I don't think I'd be able to put up with any more casualties without Tom around. Promise?”
I soon realised I didn't have time to sit and wait for an answer, and brushed passed him anyway. I just couldn't look at him. I couldn't risk him seeing the lie in my face.
In seconds I was by the door, and turned my head over my shoulder to glance at him briefly. “I'll be back later.” I mumbled, reaching on my tiptoes and grabbing one of his hoodies from the coat hanger and leaving the house.

Winter was on it's way. I could tell from the nipping chill in the breeze as I quickly pulled on the hoodie with a quiet shudder. It was a little big on me, although it probably was on Kougu, too. He did generally wear things that were too big for him. It was almost like the clothes weren't even his.
Obviously, I knew they were. But they didn't look it. They were probably really old and he'd lost weight.
Yes, that made sense.
On that note, I stuffed my hands in the huge front pocket that caused them to meet in the middle and pulled up the hood, making my way down the rose-lit street.
“Mow.”
What?
I turned on my heel to see where the peculiar noise had come from, so see a smoky-shaded tabby cat laid peacefully on a flat-topped wall beside me. It was laid on it's side, all but one of it's paws stuck out from below it's fluffy stomach, one tucked snugly under it's chest. It's long, wavy fur spiked up around it's arm-pits, revealing a thick, white patch that ran right through the centre of it's fluffy belly, sprouting at it's chest like a thick, white mane of a lion. A long, squirrel-like tail hung over it's back legs and fell over the side of the wall, the white tip on the end twitching just slightly from side-to-side. Fine, tiger-like stripes intertwined each other all along it's upper back and head, finally parting at the ears and morphing into a dark grey lining that continued down straight to it's nose in two neat, almost parallel lines. It's eyes reminded me of fluorescent street lights, boring into the darkness that had grown like an infection within me. It's thick, white lips curved into a smile that reminded me of the smiling cat in Alice in Wonderland, the edges of it's mouth seeming like it could skim the thin, dark linings of it's menacing, yet slightly angelic eyes. I'd not seen anything so beautiful in all my life.
In one slow, yet swift movement, it raised it's head to the sky, flattened it's large, triangular ears and let out a huge yawn. Then it scooped up it's tail and pulled itself to it's feet. Obviously, it had had enough of sleeping for one day.
It then took a moment to stretch, then it turned to me, cocking it's head questioningly. I smiled.
Feeling slightly out of place beside such a graceful animal, yet not able to bring myself to walk away, I ran my hand over it's head and scratched it's jaw line. It's purring was so low and rumbling that I probably wouldn't of sensed it had it's throat not been vibrating. It twisted it's head and leant against my touched, closing it's eyes in approval. I ran my hand over it's thick, smooth fur and watched as it's body lifted and sank like a huge wave in time with my touch.
“I'm doing the right thing.” I whispered, watching it press it's head against my hand even when I was not touching it. It began to purr louder.
“I'm doing the right thing, right?”
I took my hand away and slipped it back in my pocket, watching the feline for a few moments.
Disappointed that it was not going to get any more attention, it sunk back elegantly onto it's haunches and stared right back at me. It's long tail began swaying dramatically to and fro, and it's purring faded to silence.
Yeah, like the cat was going to talk to me.
Rolling my eyes, I admired the animal for a single second longer, before turning and beginning to walk.
“Mow.”
I turned to see what it wanted. It had jumped off the wall and was beginning to follow me like a lost lamb.
“What?”
“Mow.”
Okay. Cat's followed people all the time. It would get bored eventually.
So I kept walking. And walking. And walking...

Then the wailing began.

I'm not talking about just long 'meows', I'm talking about long, unanimalistic wails that you'd hear from a child that had just been dragged away form their best friend's house after a few hours of playtime. It didn't sound cat-like. It didn't really sound like anything I'd ever heard before.
And it was starting to irritate me.
“Mooooowwwwww..... Mooooooooooooooowwwwwwww.”
It was going to be a long journey.

(Mow. Mow mow. Mow mow mow XD.)

My eyes caught sight of an black rubble pile in the far side of the street. A few fire fighters were still there, trying to clear up whatever was left of the goods from the mountains of bricks, roof tiles and goodness-knows-what.
They were taking things from my house.
My things.
“Mow... Mow mow.”
Grumbling to myself, I spun round and stared at the smoky-grey tabby. It was starting to annoy me now.
“Would You stop following me?” I moaned. “I'm not your flippin' mother.”
“Mow.”
Growling under my breath, I turned back to the house. There was no way that they'd taken everything yet. If I just sneaked around the back of the rubble, kept out of sight, they wouldn't care. If I could just get about there unnoticed...
So that was what I did. I crept up the back street and tip-toed up the steps to the back door – which was now shattered in patchy, black splints over the platform-like floor. My eyes were trained on the men in the black and yellow uniforms, as I inched my way closer and closer towards the centre of the rubble.
I was surprised how small it all was. Being the base of a house, I'd expected to be a lot bigger. But in reality, it had been a small house, anyway. It was just horrible that something that was so big in my heart had taken only moments to burn to the ground.
The pink ray's of the setting sun hit something hidden within the rubble which seemed to reflect blindingly back into my eyes. I squinted, and lowered myself to the floor, creeping up towards the small, metal object, all interest on the fire fighters evaporated. I scrambled through the pile of glass and bricks and reached out towards the object, curling my fingers around it and drawing it back towards me to study.
It was a locket on a thin, frail chain, and it would be a lie if I'd said it had gone completely unscathed. Of course, like pretty much everything else there, it was infested with ash and soot, and the only hint of silver left was the middle of the chain and on the backing on the locket itself. But all-in-all, it was in good condition.
I hooked my nail around the catch on the side of the small, oval, silver plate to open it up, and cupped the two pieces in my hand. The hinge was only small, and it would only take a light tug to break. But inside, the pieces were pretty much untouched by the fire.
Looking straight at me were two faces. On the left was dad – young and 'done up'. His dark hair was gelled back away from his handsome face, but it didn't lack the volume my mum used to always tease him about when they were together. To his left was a pretty young woman – mum – with her light, copper-brown hair in a perfectly cut bob, half up -tied in a pony tail with a strip of white ribbon and a white rose - half down, her thrown away from her face.
Their wedding day.
Before either me or Alex had been born. In fact, a good couple of months before they'd even started trying for a baby. Mum couldn't have looked that much over twenty.
She looked beautiful, and they both were beaming through the thin window of glass protecting them from any mucky fingerprints or severe damage. It's funny, their pictures looked brand new compared to the actual locket. That was probably because, behind the pictures of mum and dad, there were some black and white images of my mum's parents on their wedding day.
Letting out a shaky breath, I clicked the locket closed and put the chain around my neck.
By the looks of things, everythi9ng else was either pointless crap or scraps from the actual building.
“Sam, look behind you.”
Sam? Surely whoever that was, wasn't talking to me...
I turned round to see where the male voice was coming from, to notice one of the fire fighters talking to his work mate. My eyes followed the one who had spoken, then to where his eyes met his younger friend and to a small, grey blob by his feet.
Oh no...
Sam turned around to see what his friend was talking about, to see the grey tabby cat sniffing around his feet. His little face lit up instantly.
“Hiya, little guy. What're you doing here?”
His friend shifted his weight in disapproval. “Dude, don't be stupid. It's obviously a female.”
“But how can you tell?”
“It doesn't have a... You know...”
Sam's face scrunched in confusion. “But how would you be able to see it under all that fur?”
The first one to speak rolled his eyes and began scanning the rubble again. “It's a girl, okay? Just accept it and shut up.”
“Whatever. Keep your hair on.”
Thank you, tabby. I thought with a little smile, glancing back down at the cat.
“Mowwww.”
Oh dear.
Just as I turned around, the first fire fighter spotted me. “Hey! Hold it!”
“Mow.”
Grumbling, I spun round and headed for the steps. Just as I was about to leap down, I stumbled over a tiny black shoe. I recognised it instantly as being one of Alex's shoes when he first went to Play Group. He couldn't have been any older than four at the time.
I grabbed it and ran. I just ran.
“Stop! Thief!”
No chance, I thought to myself. I'd heard those words plenty of times before. Why should I have listened to them, now?
The fire fighters didn't run for long, and after a few streets down they stopped trying and went back to the rubble. I stuffed the shoe in my pocket, still not trusting myself to let it go, and carried on walking towards the office.
Not far, now.

“Mow mow.”
What? It was still following me? What did it think I had? Two hundred cans of fish? Did I really smell that bad?
I quickened my pace to a jog and swerved round the corner. I didn't look back.
Just keep walking...
“Mowwwww. Moooooowwwww.
Ignore. Walk. Step. Step. Step.
“Moooowwwwwwwwww.”
“Go away, tabby!” I snapped, spinning round to face the feline, who frankly, had begun to get on my nerves. Not realised I'd given it a name, I continued ranting. “You've served your purpose. I got away. Thank you. So get lost!”
“Mow.”
I let out a frustrated growl, watching as she – if that fire man was right, 'she' – trotted over and began rubbing her head over my jeans affectionately, purring louder that ever before. She was pretty-looking at first glance, but she was annoying me now.
“Scram!”
I turned back round, just in time to notice a building just across the road from where I was, the familiar office where Kougu's father worked and lived his millionaire-enriched life, doing goodness knows what behind closed doors.
This was it. I'd arrived.
Swallowing my anxiety, I turned back to Tabby and pushed her away with the top of my foot. She leapt to the side in surprise.
“I think this is where you're supposed to leave.”
She sat down, cocked her head to the side, and swooped her tail from side-to-side.
“Now.”
Silence.
“What d'you want from me? D'you want food?”
She stared at me curiously.
“Well, too bad, because I don't have any. Now go the hell away!”
I ran at her furiously, waving my arms like a lunatic and making my feet hammer loudly on the tarmac floor. She looked at me, then turned and trotted down the street and under a car.
“And stay there.” I mumbled miserably, turned and walked across the road towards the door.
This is it...
After a long, deep breath, I rose my hand to the door-knocker. I slowly wrapped my fingers around it and tapped a light rhythm onto the door. After a brief second, I snapped my hand away as if the handle had been made of burning coal and stuffed it back in my pocket. I grasped the shoe in my pocket with both hands as if any random passer-by would turn and try and take it away from me.
Mum, dad, Alex...
I looked up to the sky.
This is for you.

Last edited by Dreamerz says mow x) on Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Italics went wrong... again :))
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:31 pm

((Clicky =====> Primavera - Ludovico einaudi if you get bored just skip to around 2 minutes-ish. It gets a lot moredramatic from there on. ^_^))
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:17 pm

Kougu managed to find to Charlie with relative ease. She stepped out of the bathroom, wearing a frown that looked as though it had been in place for years. As though it were a part of her very skin. In a nutshell, she looked awful. Her hair was a mess, her face was pale, her skin blemished and unhealthy. Naturally, Kougu didn't care much how she looked. She was beautiful to him, regardless. What bothered him was how terribly unhealthy she looked... In fact, she was beginning to look like him - and frankly, nothing could have scared him more. His eyes instantly narrowed in concern, and he made his way toward her.
"Kougu?"
Hearing her voice say his name again was so sweet that it stopped him in his tracks. Robbed of his breath momentarily, he took a second to regroup whilst Charlie went on.
"You scared me. I was starting to think you weren't going to wake up."
Her voice held an odd, empty happiness that was all too familiar to him. Her smile made her lips look like paper... As though they would rip clean in half if she held onto that smile much longer. It didn't take an expert to see that the happiness she would have him believe she felt was fake.
Something is wrong.
He had spent years being forced to study people. People on death row - usually innocent to all but his father - sculpting their emotions desperately in the hope that something could help them escape. Criminals under interrogation - lying silkily through their teeth, even under torture. Some were good at it - others not so much. As for him? Well, he could catch out even the experts. With Charlie, it was as obvious as a blood stain on a white wall.
"Charlie..." He murmured softly, her name rolling delicately from his lips, as though he was afraid he could break her just by saying it too strongly. But before he could say any more, she was speaking again - those angelic lips clinging valiantly to the shadow of a smile while her tongue stumbled over the foreign bitterness of lying. Well, as a thief, perhaps lying came naturally to her... But lying to him? That was something unnatural. A different sort of sin entirely...
He wasn't upset... He thought he understood. He just wondered why... Why?
Something is wrong.

“I... Er... w-we're out of loo rolls. I'm just going to nip to the supermarket to get some, since the shop closed at five-thirty. I may be a while, but don't worry. It's just a bit of a walk, there and back. That's all. Tell Anthony there's tea and coffee in the blue jars beside the kettle and that if he gets hungry there's some soup and pot noodles in the lower cupboard. If you want a hot drink then the kettle's boiled. If you're feeling hungry get a stock cube out of the cupboard with the HP sauce and Golden syrup and stick that in some hot water. It's not much, but it's filling and it tastes a little nicer.”
And there it was - sweeter than honey, yet more bitter than a mouthful of ash. She could barely look him in the eye...
She was terrible at this.
Something is wrong.
Kougu nodded simply - remaining silent, because it seemed indecent to him that he should interrupt what was clearly a well-rehearsed excuse. He knew Charlie - and he knew that she would not lie to him without reason. Yet from her eyes, he could tell that she was terrified he would catch her out. That was exactly why he wouldn't. He cared for her, and difficult as it was for him, he forced himself to accept that there might be things Charlie had to do that she didn't want him to know about. Hadn't he recently done just the same? Charlie had scooped him, bleeding, off the floor - and slowly nursed him back to health. She had forgiven him for running off behind her back - and even for refusing to give his word not to try the same stupid stunt again.
She had been so beautifully forgiving, so caring, so compassionate... Now it was his turn.

It registered vaguely in the back of his mind that Charlie was speaking again - something about Anthony... Obviously the boy had been inviting himself around rather a lot. Perhaps he was even staying here...? But no, Kougu did not intend to pick a fight with Anthony. He had far more pressing matters on his mind... More important things to worry about.
One of them was standing right in front of him.
"Okay." Kougu said finally, forcing a cheerful smile - and slapping on an expression that declared how easily he fallen for her little excuse. "Just be careful, will you? Don't go wondering down any alleyways on your own." He smiled, and gave a tiny wave as Charlie turned away. He managed to hold this friendly front until she reached the door, but then it all slipped away like a china bowl from buttery fingertips. He could almost hear the crushing shatter, and the fearful despair that went with it as the bowl smashed into a thousand pieces on the floor - just as his happiness had a moment before.
"Come back to me..." He whispered quietly, his soulful blue eyes clinging fast to the shadow of the door, where the last crack of light from Charlie's leaving had just disappeared.
"Whatever it is you have to do, Charlie... Just don't forget about me. Don't leave me alone again. Don't you dare lose your way..." His whisper died in the silence as his voice lost its strength - and it was only then that he realised that his fingers were reaching hopelessly after Charlie. He let his arm fall limply to his side - feeling a painful tug at his stitches with the movement. But even as his muscles relaxed, the pain didn't leave him. It sunk in deeper, and deeper - like the poison from a snakebite. Pumping through his veins, it infected his heart - and he convinced himself somehow that the organ was ill.
Heartsick.
When Charlie was not around, there was a part of him that died. A part he had not even known existed until that fateful night... In Antonio's pub - when he had felt her lips against his for the very first time. He had finally learned what it truly meant to be alive. Not to survive, but to live! To live for another, to breathe for her, bleed for her, die for her.
What was he doing? Just standing, staring pointlessly after her? Just watching as his entire world slipped away from him, perhaps never to return, for all he knew?
What am I doing?
He tried to step toward the door, but his feet refused to move an inch.
Something is wrong.
What am I doing?

A moment longer he stood – then he shook his head to clear it, and raced forward toward the door. But before he could reach it, a firm grip closed around his arm. “Stop.” A harsh, cold voice instructed.
Something is wrong.
“I won’t have you running around and getting yourself killed, fool. I’ve waited ages for you to get your ass out of bed – now we’ve got to start planning how to-“ Anthony broke off suddenly when he realised Kougu had not yet even looked at him.
“Kougu?!” He asked irritably, “You bastard… Are you even listening to me? KOUGU!”

Something is wrong.
Something is wrong.
Something is wrong…
What am I doing here?
I have to fix it.
Quickly…
Hurry…

“Damn it, Kougu, would you just listen to me?!” Finally Anthony’s voice broke through his thoughts, and Kougu wheeled around with a vicious snarl. His eyes were burning with such fierce intensity that Anthony stumbled backward a step, his grip on Kougu’s arm slackening. Evidently, he had never seen his nemesis look so passionate about anything before.
“What did she tell you?” He demanded, grabbing Anthony roughly by the collar – though taking care not to hurt him, for ironically enough, violence was still not a part of his nature.
“Nothing!” Avery snapped in response, swatting Kougu’s hand away. “You’re just being paranoid!”
“Answer the question, Anthony.”
“I just did!”
“I know you must have talked to her. What did she say?”
Anthony scoffed and rolled his eyes, then folded his arms sulkily – glaring at Kougu. “What’s it to you, anyway?”
His irritable voice gave an edge to the words, and Kougu found himself stumped. He simply stared at Anthony in silence – then finally took a step away.
“Yeah, that’s what I thought.” Anthony snorted, dusting off his clothes as he stepped away from the wall -–which he only now realised he had somehow become pinned against.
“Please…”
The voice was so small, so delicate and so unexpected that at first Anthony thought he had imagined it. Then he began glancing around for the source – not seeming to guess even for a moment that Kougu might have spoken with such weakness.
Thus, when his eyes suddenly met Kougu’s, and found them staring right at him with that same burning intensity, Anthony was shocked.
“Oh…” He murmured uncertainly, “Well… I dunno, she just asked some stuff about what we were planning to do. She was curious, I think…”
He continued staring at Kougu in disbelief, as the older boy’s expression suddenly hardened, earning a quality of desperation.
“And you told her?”
A silent nod.
“Wait here.”

And with that, the pair parted ways. Kougu dashed out of the door without a second thought, and Anthony was left staring blankly at the few tiny droplets of blood left in his wake.
Kougu was going to get himself killed… And that would be the end of it all. All their plans, their hopes, their dreams… The end of his revenge.
Then again… He consoled himself, a faint smile lifting his lips, If Kougu’s gone… Charlie will be all mine.
His smile stretched into a grin – and he found himself whistling cheerfully as he stalked around the empty house – as usual ignoring the strange woman curled up on the sofa.

Kougu, meanwhile, ran for a short while – before a severe searing sensation in his lungs warned him that he couldn’t go any further. He stumbled into a slower, walking pace – evidently just in time, since sharp white dots soon began blocking out his vision.
It felt strange being so weak and unfit, and he felt his patience ebbing quickly as he waited for his breath to return. As soon as it had, he was running again – yet try as he might, he could not bring Charlie into sight… She was simply too far ahead of him.
Thankfully, he knew where he was going. Or at least, he thought he did…
A soft sigh escaped his lips, and Kougu found his eyes darting back and forth across the street. It was mostly empty. Here and there, the engine of a car purred quietly. Some children laughed and played – an old lady plucked weeds from her flowerbed. Everything was so normal.
Standing in the middle of the road as he was – he felt the world spin around him. He was out of sync with reality… How could the world keep turning, when he had lost sight of all inside of it that mattered to him?!
With a growl of frustration, Kougu leaped forward into a sprint again, racing on through the icy night air…

“Mow?” A curious voice inquired. Kougu – who was now sitting on a stone wall, struggling desperately to catch his breath before he continued – turned with surprise to see a beautiful tabby cat sitting beside him. Kougu stared at it for a moment, its bright yellow ((Sorry, can’t remember colour)) eyes locking intently with his dark blue ones. For a long while, the pair’s stare down continued – neither one blinking nor glancing away.
“Mow.” The cat repeated firmly. Kougu tilted his head a little to one side, still refusing to lose the staring match – though his eyes were starting to sting.
“Mow…?” He replied hesitantly to the cat.
The tabby’s eyes narrowed, and her ears flattened slightly. With a haughty sniff, she looked away – flicking her tail irritably back and forth and starting to lick her paw in a pompous fashion.
“Oh, uh… Sorry…” Kougu apologised hurriedly, seeming terribly flustered. “I didn’t mean to offend you…”
He trailed off, then frowned slightly as a strange realisation struck him.
I’m talking to a cat.
“Mow?”
Kougu glanced back toward the cat. She was watching him curiously again, and presently she padded a little nearer. “Mooooow. Moo-ow!” She whined, rubbing her head against his arm. Somewhat taken about – but pleased at the display of affection, Kougu smiled gently, and traced one long, bony finger down the cat’s spine. She squirmed with pleasure, and a loud purring erupted in her chest.
Kougu smiled, and began stroking her enthusiastically – feeling the tension drain from him with the long, soothing motions. The cat sniffed his clothes, then stepped into his lap and curled up there – seeming comforted by the scent, as though she recognised it somewhat.
“Mow…” He squeaked contentedly, squirming and curling into a furry little ball. “Mow?” Her bright yellow eyes flashed open, and her head jerked up, staring at something over Kougu’s shoulder. His head jerked around to follow her gaze, but seeing nothing, he turned back to the cat and stroked her head gently. “Mow.” He reassured her. She blinked serenely at him, then questioned again. “Mow?”
Kougu seemed to consider this a moment, before finally nodding. “Mow.” He agreed.
It occurred to him briefly that he might be going insane, but upon realising that he had been insane all along, he merely shrugged and stroked the cat once more. He had a feeling that he was forgetting something important, but he couldn’t for the life of him remember what it might be…

“Charlie!” Suddenly it hit him, and Kougu leaped to his feet, causing the cat to hit the ground with a dull thud. “Mrrr!” She complained indignantly, swishing her tail angrily. But it was too late – Kougu was running.
“Mrrrow!” She called, scampering after him. “Mooow, Mow, Moooooo-oooo-OOOOOOOW!”
Hearing the cat behind him, Kougu skidded to a stop. “You’re noisy.” He scolded gently, his tone kind, but urgent. “Come on.”
The tabby dashed up to him, and Kougu scooped her into his arms – holding her close to his warm chest as he ran onwards toward his father’s office.

Hearing a knock at the door, the man glanced up from the papers on his desk. He wore a pair of reading glasses, and it was amazing how normal and innocent he looked… Just another businessman.
Evil in a suit.
“Come in.” His pleasant voice called, “And sit down. I’ve been expecting you.”
He gestured to the empty chair as Charlie entered.
“I trust you know who I am by now.” He smiled pleasantly, “And I’m sure that none of what you’ve heard has been very positive…” He trailed off with a polite chuckle – getting up and walking over to the little water-machine in his office to pour a drink for Charlie. He handed her the cup, then sat down again. “You’d come a long way, you must be thirsty.” He explained with a kindly smile, “And we must talk fast, because I’m sure my son will be here any moment to save you from my evil clutches.” One corner of his mouth lifted in a sarcastic smile, and he leaned back in his chair.
“You’re here to negotiate my offer from before, correct? About Habitat for Humanity rebuilding your house?”
With that, he folded his hands together, leaned on his desk, and waiting for Charlie to speak.

((Feel free to use Kougu’s Daddy – because I don’t feel like it. XD Haha! ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:13 am

((Posted))

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:57 am

((12 Days until our anniversary!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:16 pm

((Is it? Woot!! Very Happy That's weird... It's a day after my Piano Theory exam. Shocked That's very uplifting. Razz))
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:37 pm

((Haha! Awesome!! Razz Must be a good sign. Wink ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:31 am

((Don't ask me to play Kougu's daddy, because I really wouldn't be able to Razz Besides, he's much scarier when you play him. Smile ))

In a single blink my focus was back to it's usual height, eye-level, head held high. I was half-expecting my conscience to but in at some point before I entered the building to tell me to stop, think, that what I was doing was wrong.
I kept listening.
Waiting.
Wondering when it would wake up and tell me exactly what I needed to hear.

Yet it remained silent.

Come in.” the artful man's voice rumbled clear as a bell through the thick, wooden door. “And sit down. I’ve been expecting you.
Expecting me? Was I supposed to be impressed?
Rolling my eyes at his attempt to sound menacing and entered the office. I didn't feel anything, like I guessed I was supposed to. The eeriness about the place, the memories that went with it – he'd got a new rug, I noticed – should have brought a shiver to my spine. The look in his eyes should have immediately rang a warning bell inside my head.
I should have left as soon as I entered. But no matter how wrong I could tell myself all this was, I just couldn't bring myself to leave. Every time I turned and looked at the neat, blue door, I saw the house reduced to rubble just a few streets down. I saw the flames dancing victoriously before my eyes, laughing at me... Look at us. Look what we can do. Try and stop us. Go on, we dare you...
Everything I once owned, all the memories I had of whatever life I had before the car crash, reduced to ashes in a matter of minutes. The authorities weren't going to help me, neither were the insurance companies.
I had to do this.

I took a moment to study the horribly familiar office: the crystal white flooring that caused my shoes to squeak every time I made a single step; the plain, matching wallpaper that lacked any sort of texture you'd have expected; the dark, mahogany desk and door framing. It looked so fresh, so clean. It made me feel like I didn't belong there.
Which I didn't, I know. But it was more than that. It was so white, it was almost threatening, like a mad scientist's laboratory.
Get out before you become his next experiment.
I trust you know who I am by now. And I’m sure that none of what you’ve heard has been very positive…
You're damn right is hasn't, I thought to myself, since you persuaded my best friend to try and kill himself, after all. Not to mention scarred him for life, both mentally and physically.
I sat down slowly onto the four-legged, non-wheel able, sleek black office chair, ready for whatever might get thrown at me. The problem was, the chair, mixed with the thickness of his new rug, was that difficult to shift it was as if it's legs had been nailed to the floor. If I needed to make a quick escape, I'd have to get up and run.
Likewise, if he decided to get behind me to try anything, I wouldn't be able to turn and face him, neither.
Stuck. That was me. Always.
Like a ruddy sitting duck.

So when The Man arose from his own chair and walked past me, I leapt to my feet. I wasn't going to make any more mistakes, this time. I couldn't let him mess me about. He'd done that to Kougu far too many times, now. No vital mistakes could be make when dealing with this guy.
Of course, he was only going to get some water, but as he did so, I eyed him suspiciously. Like Kougu had said, this man was crafty. He didn't do anything without planning it properly, first. Nor did he do anything without reason.
I had to keep my eye on him, all the time. Not to do so would be foolish, and inflict some serious consequences if I wasn't careful.
The room was deadly silent; the only sound was the deafening sound of trickling water hitting the bottom of a cheap, plastic cup. Then neat, yet casual footsteps of seemingly brand new leather shoes squeaking across the floor back to the large, mahogany desk. He handed me the cup, with I accepted cautiously, then we both sat down.
You’d come a long way, you must be thirsty.
I was. In fact, my tongue felt heavy and as rough as sand paper rubbing against the roof of my mouth. But I wasn't about to admit it.
And we must talk fast, because I’m sure my son will be here any moment to save you from my evil clutches.” He smirked at this.
I didn't, because other than his little sarcastic comment, he had a point. I'd seen the way Kougu's looked at me as I'd left the house. Behind his happy smile, his eyes were full of despair. He knew that I'd been lying, yet he still went along with it.
If he'd already worked out where I was going, I had minutes at the most. That was if I was lucky.
I wasn't going to be counting on luck any more after all that had happened. Therefore, we had to get on with it.

You’re here to negotiate my offer from before, correct? About Habitat for Humanity rebuilding your house?
He leant forward on his desk, and I found myself subconsciously leaning back. Even if he was going to rebuild my house, he was still a business man. Not to mention Kougu's father. I still felt alienated in his presence, and just because he'd handed me a nice, cold cup of water didn't mean I trusted him quite yet.
“No, I'm here to negotiate you're offer about you're real company rebuilding my house.” I replied humourlessly, placing the cup on the desk before me. I then leant back on the chair, almost like one of the naughty boys sat in the corner of a classroom and let out a sigh.
“Don't lie to me. Please... Not now. I don't know you as well as some people,” - meaning Kougu - “but I know enough of you to know a person like you wouldn't be running a company as innocent as 'Habitats for Humanity'.”
I mean, come on, he made it sound like he was going to build me a cave as opposed to an actual house.
“A company like that wouldn't do what you did to Kougu. That was you. All you.” I stated, a hint of bitterness causing my lip to curl slightly. I wasn't going to let him go on without warning him that I knew the severity of what he was capable of, but I didn't fear him for it. If anything, it disgusted me.
Yet I was here. Making deals with the man. How had it come to this?
“I just... Need to know...”
My head snapped towards the door. I could just imagine Kougu storming through that door, screaming desperate pleads towards me: that I needed to leave quick, get out whilst I still could. Or maybe he'd hate me. Maybe he'd come towards me, wrap his hands around my throat and squeeze the life out of me for betraying him like I did. Or maybe he'd snap as soon as he saw his father and kill us both.
Either way, time was running out.
Heart thudding violently against my ribs, my eyes flicked to the water sat innocently on the edge of the desk. Forgetting completely about being cautious, I grabbed it and gulped down a huge mouthful. I was becoming more and more aware that beads of sweat were beginning to form around my temples, and my hands were trembling.
I needed to hurry up.
I needed to make this deal and be done with it.
“I need to know...” I looked up at him, finally letting my guard down. He knew fair well he was in power here. There was no point trying to deny it. He was the one Kougu feared more than anything. I had yet to know -or experience - why that was. “What's in it for you?” Realising my voice was shaking, I cleared my throat and tried again. This time, rephrasing the question. “What're your terms?”
No one approached Charlie Hope Atkinson giving away free money. Not even people that knew nothing of me. I was never the sort of person to get that lucky.
This man was no exception.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:40 am

((YAY!!! Awesome post! Very Happy *Hugs* ^_^
Now I have to go ahead and decide what this creep's intentions really are... XD Ah, joy!))

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:54 am

((Lol! Thank you!! ^_^ You haven't decided? Never mind, you take as long as you need. Razz If it helps, I have another mini twisty thingy in mind for later, regarding Antonio Twisted Evil ))
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 23 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 23  Next