Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beetle, Polo and Polo's shiny swordykins! :D

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Beetle, Polo and Polo's shiny swordykins! :D - Page 2 Empty Re: Beetle, Polo and Polo's shiny swordykins! :D

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:05 am

Ty’s expression hardened as he took note of the girl’s irritation. He thought she could have been a little more grateful. He’d just saved her, after all, from what most likely would not have been a pleasant fate. But he supposed it didn’t really matter anyway… He’d made his choice, and her reaction was of little or no importance.
Tyson watched curiously as she tipped the bag up-side down, frowning in slight confusion. What on earth was she trying…?
Stix wouldn’t be happy to lose those drugs.
Or the gun.
If she tried to take them, he’d have to stop her… But somehow he doubted she would.

Then he saw the pencil in her hand, and comprehension dawned on him. He took the notebook from his pocket, then accepted the proffered pencil with a gracious nod. He rolled it around in his fingers for a moment, familiarizing himself with it, then brought it to the page and answered her question.

Stix and a few of his cronies. They’re one of the biggest gangs in the area.

Deciding that this was enough of an explanation, Tyson glanced absentmindedly up at Josie, and for a moment he was slightly shocked. He had never really noticed how bright and intense her eyes were before… It was amazing.

It took him a moment to realize he was staring, and then Ty quickly looked away – effectively hiding the faint embarrassment he felt.
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Beetle, Polo and Polo's shiny swordykins! :D - Page 2 Empty Re: Beetle, Polo and Polo's shiny swordykins! :D

Post  -Bee- Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:34 am

Catching the boy staring at her, she blushed deep red, hiding the look of pleasant happiness from behind her bright eyes.

"But why me?" she whispered.
"Did Liz... was she in on this?" she asked, trying hard not to think of it.
She thought she'd made friends, or at least a friend, one who she could confide with, and would understand, one that she could laugh or cry with, and not feel embarrassed.
she felt tears well up in her eyes.
Looking down, careful not to make eye contact with Ty, for keeping of pride and maturity.

She looked up her eyes shining.

-Bee-

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:42 am

At Josie’s question, Ty turned immediately to the notepad, clenching his teeth in faint irritation at the rough scratching of the pencil compared to his pen’s usual smooth sliding.

You’re a perfect candidate for them. Too young to put up a good fight, but old enough to understand the situation. Quick to trust, to the point of naivety… And pretty.
Lizzie would have got a decent price for bringing you in.

Ty got bored of writing then, and lifted the pencil from the page, glancing up a Josie as he did so. She looked slightly emotional… Seeing this, Tyson shifted uncomfortably, unsure of what to do.

He stood around awkwardly for a moment, then called upon what little sympathy he knew, and jotted a quick note.

Are you okay?

Back to top Go down

Beetle, Polo and Polo's shiny swordykins! :D - Page 2 Empty https://darkest-secrets.rpg-board.net/post.forum?mode=reply&t=516

Post  -Bee- Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:55 am

She read the note and looked up, almost fuming.
"Yeah i'm fine! bloody fine" she snapped, crossing the floor to the other side of the alleyway.
She felt tears welling in her eyes again.

"I have to change hotels, since i told Liz where i lived, i have to change everything!" she cried.
She shifted her foot, tapping it slightly.
"I'm lost" she growled, "What about my job? Liz knows i'm there" she furrowed her brow.
"I could literally be stalked, by your sister!" she sunk to the ground and leaned against the brick wall, letting out a sob.
She was scared, literally terrified, yet she had to be strong.

-Bee-

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:18 am

Tyson scowled irritably at Josie’s reaction. She had no right to take this out on him…

Don’t get aggressive with me. I’m just trying to help, which is already more than I’d usually do.

He scrunched up the note and lobbed it casually at her head – the childish action seeming almost comical coming from somebody as stiffly mature as himself.
He leaned back casually against the wall behind him, stewing in self righteous annoyance, then finally found himself taking pity on Josie again. Why, he had no idea… It just kept happening.

Look, don’t worry so much. It’s not as if they’re targeting you… Lizzie obviously just thought she’d try earn a quick buck. I was surprised. I didn’t think she’d stoop so low… But we do what we must to get by. Lizzie’s just a tad more unscrupulous than I am, which is probably the only reason she’s survived this far.
She isn’t an evil person. She wouldn’t try hunt you down or anything like that… Stix wouldn’t, either. He’s got plenty of other options, and besides, he’ll be too busy trying to get me back for interfering just now to go around hunting for new victims.

This note took a few pages to complete, and by the end of it, Ty’s hand was sore. He shook it out, then yawned widely, seeming rather bored. It was impolite, but he didn’t care. He had lost what little respect he had for Josie when she had started making a scene. It bothered him slightly.
He still liked her, though. She seemed a nice enough sort… He couldn’t believe Lizzie had tried to sell her out. He’d give her a piece of his mind later.

Back to top Go down

Post  -Bee- Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:07 am

Josie stopped short, realizing she was being quite the dramatic.
"I'm sorry" she sighed, unfurling her fists and rubbing her hands against her jeans.
She turned around and began to walk, not caring if he was to follow or not.
She knew she'd have to go check out of her hotel and go to a new one, but maybe it was time for a new start.
Yes, that sounded good.

-Bee-

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:00 am

((Just lost my whole post. I'll probably try reply again next time you're on. Too irritated now. -_- ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:27 am

Ty dipped his head in a brief nod, accepting Josie’s apology with haughty indifference – clearly in no doubt that he fully deserved it.
When she turned and walked away, Tyson folded his arms and stared blankly at the opposite wall, trying to convince himself to think ‘Good riddance’, as he usually would have done. Surprisingly, he was not having much success in this feat – for both his eyes and his mind were incessantly creeping back to Josie’s retreating figure, and each time he thought of what had happened, he could not help but feel sorry for her – and worry about her getting home alone.

Presently, Ty began gnawing on his lip and shifting uncertainly, then suddenly broke into a sprint after Josie with a frustrated growl. He knew it wasn’t safe to let her go back on her own now that darkness was falling…

He reached her a few strides later, transitioning smoothly back to his usual casual walk and falling into step beside her. He faked a bored yawn, then pressed a note into her palm.

Don’t be thinking you can just walk off. You’re ‘my bitch’ now (Or whatever it is they say nowadays) and I expect at least a good cup of coffee when we get back to your place, understood?

He maintained his indifferent, somewhat pompous attitude – using his own twisted form of tact to subtly ensure that he could accompany Josie safely back to her home without making her feel he was doing her a favour.
Tyson kept his chin held high as he strolled onwards, walking with absolute confidence, as though he honestly believed himself to be invincible.

Back to top Go down

Post  -Bee- Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:32 am

Glancing at him, trying to not let her glare rip through her face, she nodded, with her teeth clamped together, anger raging furiously at the edge of her pale skin.
She grabbed the notepad, unsure as to why and scribbled back in annoyance.

"your bitch? i'm noones bitch" she thrust the pad to him and began to walk faster forwards.
She pushed the thoughts of Ty out of her head.
His gorgeous hair, his somewhat toned body.
Imagine him, imagine him in her hotel room, in the same room as her, in her shower, in her.. bed.
A blush strayed profusely and spread throughout her face.
She dipped slightly and bit her lip, unsure as to why these feelings were coming out when she was most annoyed at him.

-Bee-

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:45 am

Tyson struggled to bite back a laugh as he read Josie’s note. Perfect, that was exactly the reaction he’d been hoping for. If she was annoyed with him for being a jerk, then she certainly wouldn’t feel indebted to him for helping her – which would be better for both of them, really.
Snickering under his breath to himself, Ty matched Josie’s quicker pace and strolled along placidly beside her, clearly oblivious to her anger. He really didn’t care what she thought of him, as long as they both made it through the night alive.

Back to top Go down

Post  -Bee- Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:49 am

Aghast and annoyed, yet slightly pleased she continued on quickly throughout the streets, searching for a new hotel to stay at whilst going back to her old one to collect her belongings.

Once she arrived at the hotel she quickly grabbed her belongings and gathered them into a jumble, not looking Ty in the eye as she pushed her strewn underwear into her bag, an obvious sign of sleeping in this morning and being late to work.

-Bee-

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:02 am

Tyson waited patiently outside the hotel while Josie was gathering her things. He was getting somewhat bored, but the thought that he had nothing better to do consoled him greatly, and so it did not bother him in the slightest that he should have to wait.
Some time later, Josie reappeared, and Ty stood up instinctively from where he sat on the bench – accidentally remembering the gentlemanly manners he had been taught so many years ago.

He observed Josie thoughtfully for a moment, then held out his hand – silently offering to help her carry her bags.

Back to top Go down

Post  -Bee- Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:25 am

Taken aback, she handed him a few of the lighter bags, and began to walk, smiling slightly along the way.
She could see her and Ty becoming close, in an awkward, yet happy way.
Who cared about Liz? the lying, seething, suck up of a bitch.
She let a low growl loose and realized Ty was looking at her oddly.
Sighing softly she dropped her bags out side of a cafe, wanting to buy a drink, or something to eat, since it was late and she was terribly hungry.
Rummaging through them quietly she found a 2O dollar note, just enough to buy them both something nourishing.
"You want something to eat?" she questioned.

-Bee-

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:31 am

Ty hitched the bags effortlessly over his shoulder and followed amiably after Josie, beginning to hope that they’d reach their destination soon, so he’d be able to find shelter for the night. It wasn’t always easy… And then there was Lizzie. He had to make sure she was okay…
He was so lost in thought that when Josie stopped suddenly, Tyson almost walked into her. He staggered back, blinking in slight surprise, then regained his composure as her question brought him back to reality. He considered her offer for a moment, feeling the painful spasms of hunger in his stomach, but even more painful was the idea of how injured his pride would be to find himself in her debt.
So Tyson shook his head, politely declining the offer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:53 am

Then his stomach rumbled loudly, and Ty felt heat creep into his cheeks.
Really... How undignified.
He gave a polite chuckle, then took out his pencil and notebook.

On second thought, if you're sure you don't mind... Maybe I will have a little something.

He flashed her a slightly sheepish, yet grateful smile and readjusted the bags on his shoulder, planning to follow her into the shop.

Back to top Go down

Post  -Bee- Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:51 am

Josie smiled, almost pleased and walked up to the counter, ordering two small pasta dishes, praying to the god that Ty enjoyed pasta.

She sat at a table with him, ignoring the awkward, yet comfortable feeling she felt when around him.
She almost forgot that he'd have to leave at the end of the night.
"Where do you actually live?" she asked quietly, as the waitress came and handed them their plates of pasta, steaming tomato and basil, wafting through their nostrils.
her stomach grumbled quietly and she laughed to herself.

-Bee-

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:12 am

Tyson followed Josie over to the table and sat down, tactfully ignoring her obvious discomfort. He had been told plenty of times that he was not the greatest company, and he had seen for himself that people tended to feel awkward around him. He was used to it, though, and he didn't mind.
He was, however, slightly relieved when Josie broke the tense silence.

He responded, of course, by slapping his notebook down on the table and twirling the pencil in his fingers for a moment before starting to write, taking the opportunity to neaten his already immaculate handwriting now that he had something to press on.

You already know.

He dotted the end of the statement bluntly - not bothering to return the tact that Josie had shown in asking the question, even though she clearly knew the answer already. He could tell from her voice... It wasn't hard.
When one refrained from speaking, they couldn't help but learn to listen well.
He thought for a moment, then decided he'd answer the question anyway, for politeness sake if nothing else.

We don't have a home, per say, but we always make a plan. It isn't that bad... I don't really mind it, anyway.

He put down his pencil and flexed his stiff fingers, then glanced up as the waitress appeared, gratefully accepting the bowl of pasta. He tried to wait before starting, but the more the tantalising smell wafted toward him, the more he felt pangs of hunger clawing at his belly. Finally, he could take it no longer, and dipped his fork into the pasta in a dignified fashion, lifting a small amount and popping it neatly into his mouth.
Tyson ate with the class of a nobleman, as though he were having dinner with the queen.
Although if that were the case, his blunt rudeness would probably have got him thrown out several times already.

Once Ty had finished his mouthful, he slid his notebook toward him again, and scribbled a single word:

Thanks.

He paused a moment, his pencil hovering over the page in indecision, then he quickly scribbled something, dropped the pencil, and went back to eating - not bothering to look Josie in the eye.

The final note stood thus: His single word of gratitude, and a tiny little smile. ' : ) ' An uncharacteristically friendly gesture from Tyson.

Back to top Go down

Post  -Bee- Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:26 am

Suddenly realizing her rudeness, she dropped her fork gently and sighed.
"I'm sorry, what i was intending to get at is simply, would you like to stay with me tonight?"
it was to be said in a different manner, but despite her attempts to be cool, calm and collected, all failed and the atmosphere turned awkward.
"I mean, in a different room, but i mean theres always like 3 beds in a room where i stay, and i dont want you out alone, after what you did for me ,, it would just put my mind at ease"
she amended, and clasped her hands around the silver fork again, picking at her food again delicately, as if what she did was to be judged by Tye.

-Bee-

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:44 am

At Josie's words, Ty choked on his mouthful of pasta, instantly feeling heat scorch from his ears to his cheeks and down his neck, much to his annoyance.
Feeling the blood rushing to his face, he raised his napkin to his lips and turned away momentarily, reminding himself to remain clam.
Stupid, really, to misunderstand that. Of course she didn't mean-

Ty was glad to have his thoughts interrupted when Josie quickly made amends, and despite the fact that he had known all along that that was what she'd meant, he could not help but feel a flash of relief.

He stifled a polite chuckle, hiding a sweet smile behind his hand. He had to admit, Josie's clumsy babbling could be amusing at times. Even endearing...

Wait - what? Gosh, now he was really letting his thoughts get away from him.
Ty resisted the urge to roll his eyes at himself, and reached for his his notebook and pencil, accidentally brushing Josie's hand as she picked up her fork.
He disregarded this, and began scribbling a note with his usual indifferent expression plastered on his handsome face.

Thank you. That is a very kind offer. I'll have to think about it, though. I should really go back to check on Lizzie - but if I happen to run into Stix...

He didn't need to finish that sentence, and he knew it. Josie didn't need to be a genius to fill in the blank there, and Ty sensed it would be considerably less awkward if he didn't mention the fact that Stix would probably have him skinned alive when caught him, or at least beat him within an inch of his life.
Ty wasn't really looking forward to meeting up with Stix after he had defied him... His self defense skills were well above average, but certainly not good enough to hold off an entire gang.

He sighed softly to himself, then scraped the last few drops of pasta sauce out of his bowl. It would happen when it happened... He would deal with it then.

Back to top Go down

Post  -Bee- Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:59 am

Watching Ty cough and splutter while trying to remain calm, well, Josie tried to hide a smile.
It was obvious he was embarrassed, yet to see him react like that, it made her stifle a giggle.

He brushed her hand, which sent flutters up her spine, - goodness knows why, she quickly smacked herself on the arm, before returning to her cool, calm, and indeed none of the beforehand manner.
She smiled but it disappeared after reading the note.
Stix..
she shuddered.
"Please come stay with me, just for a bit" she pleaded, not caring how bad it sounded to any listening or even to Ty.
she lowered her voice.
"I don't want you seeing him, you saved my life, the best i can do is keep yours safe"
she muttered, daring to look him in the eye straight on, to show her gratitude and confidence in doing so.
"We can only hope we don't run into him. You're welcome to see Liz, but, i forbid you to go anywhere where Stix may be!" her voice rose, shrill and panicked.
"I don't want you hurt" she ended, putting her fork into the now empty bowl and taking a sip of water.

-Bee-

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:17 am

Ty glanced up at Josie as he noticed the pleading tone in her voice - feeling faintly surprised and a little flattered that she was so worried. He had thought she pretty much hated his guts by now... He had been quite rude to her, after all - both intentionally and unintentionally.
He supposed his original assessment had been right after all, then. She was a nice sort... Pleasant and civil. These were traits rarely seen, nowadays. It was a pity, really... 'Courtesy' was considered 'common' once.
Ha.
Now the idea was laughable.

But Josie was still speaking, so Tyson mentally chided himself for forgetting to pay attention, and quickly refocused, listening closely to what she was saying - just in time to hear her voice rise so much that she practically squeaked out the dramatic words 'I forbid you to go anywhere where Stix may be!'

That was just too much. Before he could stop himself, Tyson burst out laughing, quickly slapping a hand over his mouth and trying to stifle the endless giggles as he realised that people in the cafe had turned to stare. He hated making a scene, but this time he just couldn't help it. Every time he almost managed to smother his laughter, he would remember Josie's stricken expression and her commanding order, and he would just dissolve into laughter all over again.

He finally managed to stop by biting his lip for a while, then reached for his pencil.

Your wish is my command, Your Highness.

He scribbled quickly, biting back a faint snicker. Then his expression sobered, and he continued writing on the next page more seriously.

I appreciate your concern, though. Really. Only problem is, seeing Lizzie and avoiding Stix at the same time may not be possible, since Stix is Lizzie's-

Ty paused here, frowned in thought for a moment, then scratched out the final word and corrected himself.

-One of Lizzie's boyfriends. No matter where I go, he'll be around.

Tyson sighed, then shrugged helplessly, glancing back at Josie with a smile - an earnest one. Her antics seemed to have put him at ease, and Tyson was a little less closed off now. He felt he could trust her... He just hoped he wasn't wrong. He did not deal well with betrayal - being the more loyal sort himself.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2