Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Inside: The Apocalypse [[Teen/survival]]

4 posters

Page 7 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 19  Next

Go down

Dark Inside: The Apocalypse [[Teen/survival]] - Page 7 Empty Re: Dark Inside: The Apocalypse [[Teen/survival]]

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:27 pm

“And you, Honey… Tell me straight – are you a chick?”
Aha. So they were catching on to her. Well, great. She’d just have to up her game. Carder cleared her throat and was about to answer, something along the lines of how she didn’t appreciate being called ‘honey’ because she was in no way sweet, but he continued on about the warehouse. A satisfied smirk crept onto her face.
“Aye, maybe you should. It’d keep you alive, or kill you off faster. Either way it’s better than getting ripped apart by those beasts.” She shuddered a bit, remembering Tundra, then was about to continue when something behind Mitch caught her attention. She tilted her neck about so she could get a better view of what it was. She fully expected Mitch to kill him then and there, and by the looks on everyone else’s faces they were expecting it as well. But no, the man – er. boy – hesitated, letting the hallow-faced figure speak.

“I knew it! It is you!”
The man was practically beside himself with happiness, grinning like a maniac. Carder scoffed, and looked expectantly at Mitch. She partially felt for the man, but she’d been sent on a mission to get four people, one of which was lost, not some already half-dead psycho.

Besides, we have the psycho spot filled… She thought, glancing between Mitch and Shae. She’d already lost someone, not that he was her responsibility, and she didn’t want to worry about someone else that they hardly knew. This man wasn’t worth their time, he’d be dead as soon as they met a single horde of monsters.
However, she wasn’t expecting Mitch to go completely feral. She could see it, his eyes darkening. It was downright terrifying. If she hadn’t known better, she’d have thought he was one of the monsters.
Horror overtook her as she watched him attack the man, stabbing him once, then again, and again. He screamed and kicked the body, then turned on them. He took a swing at Danny – Danny! Who would think? – but missed by barely an inch. She could see something dark coming over him, and she prayed to some sort of deity that he wasn’t going insane. Last thing they needed was to kill him, and based on what she had seen it wouldn’t be easy.

“Mitch.” She said, loud enough for him to hear but low and almost…deathly? She wasn’t sure. But to her pleasure it sounded like a boy’s voice. “Mitch, stop it. You’re not a monster.” Carder took a step forward, but made sure she had enough room to get away if needed. “You aren’t one of them.” She wasn’t sure where she was going with this, but if he continued on like this he would kill at least one of them, if not all of them.
“You wouldn’t hurt Daniel, would you? You want to protect him, right? I know you don’t give a rat’s @ss about the rest of us, but you wouldn’t want him to die at your hands. Think Mitch, you’re not an animal. You’re no beast, no monster. You’re human. You may not think so, but the fact that you somewhat care about something in this world shows that you are. Don’t let this consume you, or else they win.” Carder didn’t know who exactly the they was, but she remembered him saying something about it when Daniel was trying to stay behind. So, that must mean something to him. Anything would work in this case, she just had to make sure that the lunatic stayed at least somewhat manageable.

She looked over at Daniel, hoping he was alright. Then her gaze shifted to Shae, who she couldn’t imagine would care. She probably wanted to steal the man’s heart or something horrid like that. Fact of the matter, the girl was crazy, but essential. Sort of.
Finally, Carder turned back to Mitch. She stared at him for a long while, trying to sort him out. He was a hard nut to crack, that was for sure. Was he really just crazy? Was there something more? Was he turning into a monster? She wouldn’t know, but what she did know was that without him, this group would most likely crumble to pieces and then she’d be going back to the Warehouse empty handed, and that wouldn’t be good. She needed something to give back to the Corporals.

“Now then, hopefully you’ve calmed down. I really sincerely do hope you have, if not then I’ll be needing your knife and gun. Can’t have you shooting and stabbing us all, now can we?” She smiled, her voice still sounding masculine. She hoped they wouldn’t notice if it’d changed or not. It probably hadn’t, but there was no being sure.
She couldn’t figure out how they’d figured it out…she was strong. She could hold her own. But, she hadn’t exactly shown it quite yet, had she? Taking down a twelve-year old isn’t a great accomplishment. Her eyes darkened slightly at the memory of the kid. Well, it wasn’t totally her fault. He shouldn’t have stayed in the room.

Carder shook her head to clear her thoughts, bringing herself back to the real world. She held out her hand expectantly to Mitch, feeling as though she was speaking to a child.
In a way, she was. Obviously this lot didn’t know yet what they were getting themselves into. Not at all.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Dark Inside: The Apocalypse [[Teen/survival]] - Page 7 Empty Re: Dark Inside: The Apocalypse [[Teen/survival]]

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:55 pm

[*frowns*]
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:05 pm

[[Who's turn is it? I'm confused... Razz Is it Batty's? ]]
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:20 pm

(( Seems we're waiting on you and Batty... Smile ... *Shouts* BATTY, WHERE ARE YOU?!" ))
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:00 pm

[Batty, oh Batty, where for art thou Batty?]
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:58 am

[[*dies* I fear I've run out of creative juices for a little bit D: I'll try and post something after school xP.]]
Batcat
Batcat

http://christmas-khaleesi.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:50 pm

[[Sorry for the delay D:]]

Shae turned away from the group with distaste, especially after Mitch took a swing at Daniel. He was thinking rationally, and that was going to piss her off. She didn’t want to mess with him at the moment, however. She’d just let Carter and Daniel get out of this themselves. They needed to learn how to deal with him if she ever… left.
Frowning, she disappeared into the trees, gliding into the woods like an apparition. She was there, but at the same time not. She looked tangible, but just barely. As if she might vanish at any moment.
She wished she could.
It would make life so much easier if she could just watch it from a window, where none of this was happening to her. But where was the fun in that? What would she spend her time doing if she wasn’t constantly analyzing situations and calculating her chances of survival, or hunting for food among the living dead? What new character would come and fill the place of the one she was living at the moment?
Sighing, she didn’t realize how far she’d walked until she realized her acute sense of hearing couldn’t pick up the others’ conversation. That was just fine with her. Frankly, she just wanted to be done with them. Whatever good feelings she’d had earlier were gone.
“Hello Shaelynn. Long time no see.”
A voice she recognized – although she had no idea from where – sounded behind her.
Whirling around, Shae saw the older woman standing there, a smirk on her face. She had dark red hair, light green eyes, glowing like a cat’s, and an extremely haughty air around her.
They looked nearly identical, except for age.
This was freaky.
Shae cautiously looked the woman over, before answering. “I’m afraid I don’t exactly remember you.” She said warily, hand edging toward the gun on her belt. She wasn’t trusting this woman. It was probably another vision, just like Catherine. Maybe this was Catherine, except an older version of her. That had to be it.
That was the only reasonable explanation.
“Doesn’t surprise me.” She drawled, her eyes flickering down to Shae’s hand, who promptly stopped moving it. “You were a baby the last time I saw you. So sweet and innocent. What happened?”
She chuckled darkly and took a comfortable step forward. Shae tensed and took a step back. This was too weird for her.
“I grew up.” Shae answered.
The woman chuckled. “Do you know who I am?”
“Not a clue. Do you mind enlightening me?”
She sighed and sat down on a rock, drawing her knees up to her chest the same way Shae did.
Wow.
“Of course. Sit down, though.” She didn’t continue until the teenager had sat down on a tree stump, absently carving patterns into the wood. It distracted her from thinking. That was good. She needed to pay attention.
“I was walking home from school one day. I believe I was a junior in high school, although that really doesn’t matter. Age isn’t a problem, is it? Well, I was kidnapped. Just taken by a large man wearing a mask. I didn’t see much of him. He blindfolded me. I wasn’t really all that scared; just furious. How dare they do this to me? You know? You and I are a lot alike. We have the same mind-set. I’m sure if someone just kidnapped you, you wouldn’t be scared. You would be enraged. They just took away your freedom, right? And you want to do what you want. Not what anyone else tells you.
“So I was put in a trunk and taken somewhere. I don’t know where exactly. But it was pretty far away. It was some sort of laboratory. They took me and put me in a little cell and scraped off some skin. I didn’t know it at the time, but they took some DNA from me. Then they made you and Catherine.”
Shae frowned. What was this woman talking about? She had to be insane. A maniac that deserved to be shot right then and there. She was off her head. Really, who spewed information at a random stranger that they were made from them?
Or maybe you’re crazy, that dry, bitter voice whispered.
Grunting, she nodded for the woman to continue.
“They took two fertilized embryos and extracted the DNA and put mine in there. Then they put you two in your mother’s womb – who really isn’t your mother at all. She’s just that scientist – or whoever the f*cker was that did the experiment’s – wife. So in short, Shae, you’re me. You’re my clone. And so is Catherine. How is she now?”
“Catherine’s dead.” Shae whispered numbly, the shock of what happened going through her. As much as she wanted to deny it, she could see what the woman was saying was true. They looked like they could be mother-daughter twins – if that even made sense. They looked identical. Absently, she wondered if she was going to look like that when she got older. The woman couldn’t have been more than 30 years old. That was good, considering she was probably 35 or 40. Maybe she would look younger than she really was as she aged.
Snorting, she repeated. “Catherine’s been dead. Now you tell me something. Do you have a conscience?”
A wide smile split the woman’s face. “Good! You’re the one that survived. No, I don’t actually. I was told that one of you ended up with a conscience and one of you without. It doesn’t surprise me you survived and she didn’t.”
Sighing, Shae stood up, putting the knife away. “It was nice meeting you. I’m afraid I have to go check on my… team. Make sure they haven’t killed each other yet.”
She snorted and began to walk away.
“I’ll see you soon, Shae.” The woman called. “I’m always open to you as a partner if you ever get tired of them.” She chuckled and glided away in the opposite direction, smoothly floating through the sylvan forest.
Shae rolled her eyes and began the trek back to the clearing where she’d left them. Hopefully they’d still be there. If not, well, she could track them down. They were bound to leave some kind of trail.
She got to the small clearing, wondering if they noticed her absence.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:01 am

[crazy, Batty o.O]
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:32 am

[[I had to Kira-Deara. We were learning about that in biology and I was twitching the whole time...]]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:35 am

[Duuude xD That's awesome. So far in Biology all we've learned about is pretty much everything about a cell o.O]
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:18 pm

((Sorry it tookso long, I've been majorly busy lately. Rolling Eyes ))

I'd never seen this side of Mitch before, and frankly, it scared me. There was a strange, shadowed look in his eyes, a look of fury, yet there seemed to be little reason. Perhaps it was the gash in his side – it was fairly deep, I have to say – but if that was the case, wasn't the natural instinct to want to treat it, or at least, not make it worse? Or maybe Mitch was too far gone to care.
Nah, I was getting him too mixed up with myself.
The man that had been begging for mercy just seconds ago was dead, his blood spattered over his dirty clothes and was pouring sickeningly over the floor.
Mitch had killed a human. A pathetic, but perfectly functional human. Was that normal?
But then I remembered what he'd said back at the café. I don't give a cr*p who the Hell I kill, a'ight? Sane, monster - I honestly don't f***ing care, just so long as they bleed.
Well, he'd certainly proved that enough already.
Gulping, I backed away from him, feeling stupidly helpless in such a situation. He was different to how he'd been when we were alone, when he'd said he had my back. Totally different. He was blood-thirsty and he didn't care who knew it.
Pointless screams of fury – along with a few curses – ripped from his lips, and I limped backwards towards Shae and Carder for support, since I was hardly in the state to fight anyone. But when I watched him wrench the knife from the body and turn to me, I knew no back up would be any help to me whatsoever.
I leapt backwards as the blade skimmed my neck, stumbling backwards until I felt rough bark scrape at my back. “What the f**k, Mitch!” I screamed in panic, staring at him with wide, hard eyes. I was panting, but whether that was to do with the effort of moving alone or holding my breath subconsciously throughout the ordeal, I didn't know. Did he realise what he was doing?
My eyes stretched even wider in horror as he grumbled to himself and drew his weapon back to strike at me again. Basic survival instincts kicked in and I grabbed my walking stick and brought it up to my chest, holding it in both hands, blocking his attack.
Don't get me wrong, I wanted to die. I looked forward to the day when I'd finally be free of all this sh*t, but I wasn't going to have myself be betrayed and sit and do nothing.
“Mitch! Mitch... Just- What're you doing? Wake up, you bastard!”
I felt trapped. Unable to move, with my only walking aid being used to shield my heart and throat from being slit open, I was stuck. Carder nor Shae were doing anything to stop him. In fact, Shae – the b*tch – had even disappeared. Vanished, like always. She wouldn't have helped me anyway for all the blood in the friggin' world.
Thankfully, Carder spoke up. It wasn't much, and was perhaps a little patronising, but I could hear the weariness in his/her tone. We both knew how capable Mitch was, and despite the fact that it was my life on the line, Carder still spoke up. I flashed her a grateful glance. If that didn't stop him, nothing would.
In fact...
“Make your f*cking mind up, you b*stard.” I croaked, glaring at him behind the long, blood-splattered stick. “If you really wanted me dead you'd have let me be back there, when I'd wanted it. But what did you do?” I turned my head slightly, gesturing to the lumpy bruise on my upper jawbone, where his fist had met my face with such an impact it had caused me to twist painfully and fall back on the bed. I'd still not forgiven him for that. “You'd pummelled me just for suggesting it. You're such an asshole, d'you know that?”
I shook my head in disgust at him, my upper lip curling slightly into a sneer. If I was going down, I was going to enjoy this.
And maybe I'd just rethink that offer I'd made myself to haunt them all when I died...
“You know what? Screw this.” I lowered the walking stick down to my waist, loosening my grip. “Screw you. I don't give a crap how I die, Mitch. As long as I get there. It can't be any worse than this.” I tossed the stick to the ground, listening to the soft 'crunch' as it bounced along the leaf litter, leaning coolly back against the tree and releasing the weight off my bad leg.
“You want to kill me? Fine. But don't go crying later when you realise you've killed your precious pet.” I spat the final word, narrowing my eyes. “Or when you can no longer breath because that gash on your side's got worse and you've lost too much blood. You won't be so high and mighty when you're wheezing on the floor and bawling like a baby.”
I raised my chin, revealing my neck and raising an eyebrow suggestively. (That would not be in the way you might think. Despite what Danny boy here says, he is straight. XD) I placed one hand behind me to steady myself up against the tree, then opened the other one out, gesturing to my entire body.
If he was going to be in this mood, he wouldn't be able to resist killing me.
I raised my chin even further, my eyes glinting daringly as they remained fixated on his.
“Go on then, Mitch. What're you waiting for, eh? Do it...

Last edited by Dreambug the noobface on Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrections: 'lowered his chin' and a couple of things that were annoying me XD)
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:19 am

Mitch…? Who was Mitch? Not him, surely… He saw only darkness, because his eyes were clouded by it. It was not a metaphorical darkness, not by any means. It was a physical darkness. It was there, real and tangible… He could see it.
Yet still, the voice claimed that he was no monster…
Where was that voice coming from? Was it right about him? Was it worth going back, when he had a beautiful life of blissful madness laid out before him on a silver platter?
The ecstasy of not having to care… Of not having to think or feel ever again… Could he resist that?
He remembered the feeling of that pathetic man dying at his hands, and it felt good. Why not kill Danny?
The voice said he shouldn’t. No, it said he wouldn’t… That he wanted to protect Danny.
Did he?
The boy reminded him of himself… He remembered that. Maybe… Just maybe… This was all wrong.

At that moment, Mitch resurfaced from his trance to find his knife pointing at Danny’s throat.
The boy was raging at him, and for a moment Mitch just stood frozen – shocked, confused, and listening to Danny’s little tantrum.

[i] “You want to kill me? Fine. But don't go crying later when you realise you've killed your precious pet.” I spat the final word, narrowing my eyes. “Or when you can no longer breath because that gash on your side's got worse and you've lost too much blood. You won't be so high and mighty when you're wheezing on the floor and bawling like a baby.

“Don’t get your panties in a bunch, princess.” Mitch grunted, slipping his knife back into his belt, and taking a step back. “You’re fine. No need to be a drama queen.”
With that, he bent down and picked up Danny’s walking stick, handing it contritely back to him.
The gesture may not have been much, but coming from Mitch, it was a huge one.
He was trying to apologize. ”

“I’m pretty f*cked.” He commented, touching his bleeding side. “I wonder if I’ll go insane, or if I’ll bleed to death first?” He smiled mildly, and shrugged it off – then offered Danny a bloody, outstretched hand.
“Sorry for f*cking with you, Mate. I may not have this head on my shoulders much longer – but while I do, I swear I’ll look out for you.” He clapped Danny on the shoulder, then turned back to the group.

“Watch me.” He said simply, “I don’t know when I’ll turn, but…” He smirked deviously, “Something tells me I won’t see the end of this apocalypse.”

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:12 pm

Carder sighed with relief when Mitch went back to his normal, arse-like ways. Despite the fact that he completely ignored her, which ticked her off a squick. But she could deal with it. She sighed and ran her fingers through her hair, and looked around.
“Right then. So, shall we be off?” She asked, looking at each of them in turn for at least three seconds. Her eyes lingered on Mitch, slightly worried. His words ran throughout her head.

“Watch me. I don’t know when I’ll turn, but…Something tells me I won’t see the end of this apocalypse.”
His smirk unsettled her, and she switched her weight on her feet often.

“Um, we need to head South.” She began speaking again, trying to get her mind off of things. She looked towards the direction indicated. “The Warehouse isn’t too terribly far. Shouldn’t take but a day or so. We’ll have to rest often, however.” She pointedly looked at Daniel, then offered him a sympathetic smile. “It’s no matter, though. We just can’t stay in one place for too long. If we stay anywhere for more than a few hours, then we’ll surely be dead. So I’m thinking that each time we stop, it’ll only be for about two hours or so, one of us can keep watch and the other three can sleep. Or two can keep watch.” She added quickly, casting a wary glance in Shae’s direction. She definitely didn’t trust the girl to keep them safe. She trusted Daniel to an extent, and she knew Mitch would take care of Daniel.

“It should be fine, though. I don’t think we’ll be having too much of a problem with the beasts.” She put her hands in her pockets and looked down sheepishly. She suddenly felt incredibly self-conscious. Carder ran her fingers through her hair again, and stared down at the ground. She glanced up again, and took a deep breath. “So, we ready then?”

[holy shortness.]
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:03 pm

Don’t get your panties in a bunch, princess. You’re fine. No need to be a drama queen.
I stared at him incredulously, my eyes blazing. What did he just say?
Jesus... If we'd been in high school together and he'd said that, I'd have f**king rearranged his face for calling me 'princess'.
But I wasn't in high school, and this was Mitch we were talking about. I wasn't stupid. I knew I'd be dead before I could do him any real damage.
But still, it still didn't stop me from wanting to kill him, there and then. How could he be such a d*ck after he'd just nearly killed me?
I clenched my jaw, snatched back my walking stick and looked away from him, not really caring about what he had to say next. Screw him. Screw the world. I'd get my way soon enough, whether it be to human, or monster. I didn't care. Like I said, 'as long as I get there'.
I ignored Mitch's outstretched hand. It was too much of a friendly gesture for him, and I'd not yet forgiven him for his actions. Just the fact he'd done it proved he needed to get his sh*t together before he started talking to me about being the 'drama queen'.
Asshole.
Sorry for f*cking with you, Mate. I may not have this head on my shoulders much longer – but while I do, I swear I’ll look out for you.
I nearly laughed out loud. As if I was trusting him with my life after that display.
Watch me. I don’t know when I’ll turn, but… Something tells me I won’t see the end of this apocalypse.
“Or we could go for the logical option and stop the bleeding before you go on a killing frenzy, again.” I rolled my eyes at him, but Carder had already started giving instructions.

A day or so? That wouldn't be too bad. Depressing to think it would probably only be about half an hour to forty-five minutes in a car, though.
We just can’t stay in one place for too long. If we stay anywhere for more than a few hours, then we’ll surely be dead. So I’m thinking that each time we stop, it’ll only be for about two hours or so, one of us can keep watch and the other three can sleep. Or two can keep watch.
Two hours of sleep. At most. How the hell were any of us going to keep sane? Get on? Not kill each other?
Still, I knew what he was saying was right. We couldn't risk getting ambushed in the night, when we were tired and our defences were down.
So, we ready then?
I shrugged, leaning against my walking stick as coolly as possible. “This warehouse better be freakin' amazing.” I grumbled, but offered the Scot a grateful glance. I couldn't make an enemy of someone that sounded like Home, no matter how annoying they were. Besides, he was trying to help.
“But we'd better get Mitch a bandage, or whatever we can find that's closest.” I turned to Mitch, although I was still talking to Carder. “Next time, I might not be lucky,” I cocked my head, “or unlucky enough to survive his next 'tantrum'.”
I shot Mitch an annoyed, or more like a sulky glance. I wasn't one to hate strongly enough to want to kill. Even with Mitch. But I have to admit, I would have enjoyed hurting him once in a while, but he was already in enough of a state.
With that, I limped forward.
Shae had joined us again, the sneaky cow, and I wondered vaguely where she had disappeared to. Frowning curiously, I shuffled closer to her, aware of the countless weapons she might have in hand in case I got too close. Oh well.
I'd gone through enough near-death experiences for one day.
“So... What, did you find Narnia or something?” I asked playfully. I then cleared my throat, frced my lips into a slightly straighter line and continued a little more seriously.“So, go on, then. You keep disappearing. You got a secret stash or something? Or is it your time of month? Because if it is, I really don't want to know...”

((If you guys still want to continue with this – don't worry about length, I just suck with shortness, ask Polo Wink - then we can time-skip until the night, or when we get to the warehouse. ^_^ I'd like to carry on, if I'm honest, but its up to all of you. Smile ))
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:07 pm

[I wanna keep going 0_0]
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:19 pm

Shae sighed, chuckling softly as Daniel inched closer to her, inquiring about her travelling. No, she did not find Narnia. She knew she would still be there if she had. Anything was better than this hellhole.
She rolled her eyes, smiling sarcastically and scooting closer. There were so many games she could play with this boy. He was so clueless about her. And dumb. Really, who came within five feet of her with her reputation? She had already showed him how deadly she was. But still, she had to admire him for that. Or again, maybe he was just stupid.
Either way, he was fun to play with. Kind of like how a cat taunts a mouse before eating it. She barked out a small laugh at the thought. She'd always been compared to a cat. Maybe it was something to do with her emerald green eyes, always narrowed inconcentration, or her agility when moving from place to place. Maybe it was the quiet way she planned her revenge, carefully calculating every aspect in order to ensure her success.
After Catherine called her a cat, she always had a fondness for felines.
"Nah. I really don't know what just happened. Might have been hallucinating again." She winked and continued. "'Sides, I don't get my 'time of the minth' anymore. Not enough body fat for it." She grinned, knowing that they all just loved hearing about her womanly problems. Because so far all of them were boys - except for Carter, who still insisted on pretending. Poor girl. She needed to embrace her gender. You didn't get very far if you didn't.
Frowning, Shae began walking forward, tossing her hair over her shoulder and into a messy bun. It was getting hot out, and she didn't want it on the back of her neck.
"So, where are we going?" She said, turning to Carter sarcastically. "Are we going to Narnia? I'm sure Dan would just love it there."

[[*headdesk* It was my turn to post all along?!]]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:30 pm

[I'm honestly loving all these cracks on Carder's cross-dressing, it makes me laugh xD *shall impatiently wait for polo* :3]
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:18 am

((No WAY! All this time it was my turn?!?! DUDES! I'm so sorry. I thought you'd all stopped posting. XD .... Well this is awkward. Wink ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:49 am

Mitch hung back as the group talked and planned. He was not like them, and he could feel it. Not just in the way he’d been before, but…
Goddamnit, he was turning, and he knew it well – but he wouldn’t give in without a fight. He’d sooner put a bullet in his own head than become one of those violent-minded scumbags destroying all life in their path.
Oh, wait… That was him anyway. But the difference was, it was by his choice. Even if the lifestyle was much the same, Mitch simply would not stand for being controlled – even by his own f*cking mind.

He watched the group as they began to depart. He heard Danny say something about finding him a bandage, but he felt no gratitude for it. He didn’t want the bastard’s f*cking pity. What sort of a moron tried to save a guy that had just tried to kill him, and already warned that he might do it again?
Mitch wasn’t grateful – he was pissed.

With a sigh, he turned away from the group, staring in the opposite direction, and wondering what he ought to do. He had vowed to protect them, for the sake of humankind. Not because he cared, of course – just because humankind was, unfortunately, his side in this war – and he just didn’t lose wars.
But to protect them, was he better off with them, or apart? Or should he just say f*ck it all, and blow them to bits there and then?
The possibilities were endless.

Shae would probably kill him if he stayed. If their places were reversed, he knew he would kill her. He was a risk, after all, on the brink of insanity.
Carder, well… He didn’t know ‘it’ well enough to say, but it seemed the sweet, sensitive type to try to save him.
Bloody idiot. ‘It’ had the femininity that Shae lacked, clearly.

“Oh, what the Hell.” He muttered to himself, and began walking after them – completely disregarding the blood dripping from his side.
He could escort them to this warehouse, at least. He would decide what to do from there…

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:32 am

((Woot! So glad we're all still amped. I love you And Shae, 'embrace your gender'? You would know, wouldn't you? Ya little slut XD Still, Danny's not complaining Wink
Sorry, I've forgotten whether it's my go or not. Razz I don't think it is... Oh well. Make out of it what you wish. ^_^))

I squirmed dramatically at the mention of Shae no longer having her 'time of month', but secretly, I wasn't all that bothered. She was a skinny lass, yeah, but she was still pretty fit. I was willing to put aside the fact she'd threatened to kill me, admitted she was a sociopath, turned her back on me and let Mitch beat the crap out of me, disappeared several times and called me 'Mister Priss' for the sake of flirting with her. Let her put a knife at my chest, point a gun at my head and tell me I was stupid. I was a guy, she was a girl (“can I make it anymore obvious?” *Sings* XD). Did is take much mathematics to understand what was going through my mind?
Besides, I was going to die at some point, anyway. Why not die doing what I did best?
“Narnia sounds good. I could certainly do with a ride on a giant lion right now.” I muttered, offering a stupid smirk in Shae's direction. It always got the girls giggling back in high school, but Shae would probably be a little harder to get than that.
A challenge. Nice.

“Mitch?” I called, turning back round to see him lingering behind. What was he thinking?
I'd lost companions before. The two I'd met a while ago, the partner of the one with diabetes, had disappeared in the night because he didn't want to see his best friend die. So he'd left me with her, to hold her as she slipped into a coma, and later died.
I hated Mitch. Really, I did. But I didn't want to lose anyone else.
Not without warning, anyway.
“You're walking slower than me.” I grunted, although a light flickered in my eyes. Wouldn't this be the time he'd say something patronising like referring me to a girl, or something?
“Cover that wound up before you pass out, would you? I feel queasy just looking at it.”
No, I don't faint at the sight of blood. But it was as good an excuse as any.

I turned to Carder, pausing for breath. Half dragging a dead leg around with you was more effort than walking itself.
“Yo, Scottie. Can't we stop for a minute? I swear, if I don't eat soon, I'll be going insane. And that wouldn't be a pretty sight, believe me. I can turn into a right killing machine when I'm pissed.”
I posed, trying to tense the muscles under my dark shirt. My words were pretty laughable seen as I was crippled, sweating like a pig and had proved how worthless I was at defending myself.
Still, the mood was depressing. My hormones were all over the place, and Shae was playing 'hard to-get'. Until she gave me what I wanted, I'd be as hyper as a kid over-dosed on E-numbers.

((Bless him XD It's really not his day, is it? Razz He's had his leg burnt, he'd been starved, beaten, and now he's gone all guy-ish. Good luck surviving, Danny boy cyclops ))
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:03 am

Mitch rolled his eyes and ignored Danny. For one he had no clever retorts. He was thinking far too much about other, more pressing matters. It was all very well for Danny to tell him to cover his wound – but how? With what? He’d used his last f*cking bottle of Vodka on Danny’s leg, so he couldn’t even disinfect it.
F*ck this sh*t. He’d hardly ever been injured before he joined this group! Now he was being bashed around like a f*cking volleyball – without the chicks in bikinis! Now what the Hell was the point of that?!
Grumbling mutinously to himself, he quickened his pace, and travelled with the group on toward the warehouse.
At times he paused to fire a bullet at an approaching monster. He couldn’t help but think how muchy they reminded him of the zombies from the horror movies that had blissfully darkened his childhood. Honestly, this was the closest thing to a zombie apocalypse he was ever going to get. Best make the best of it – he’d spent the entirety of his teenage years preparing, after all. Before he joined up with the Saints, that is.

By the time they arrived at the warehouse, Mitch’s wound had just about stopped bleeding. It wasn’t too deep – but all the same, it held a risk of infection – and infection was one of the biggest killers in this sh*tty city – apart from the monsters, of course. And f*ck them, at least he could fight them off. Couldn’t very well shoot infection, could he now?

As they neared the entrance to the warehouse, Mitch approached Carder, seizing her (yes, he had decided.) shoulder in a firm grip to catch her attention. “Oi, Scottie.” He said, “Reckon you could lend me a hand with this when we get in there?” He gestured to the gash on his side, then looked back at her, raising an eyebrow with defiant expectation. He didn’t like asking for help – that much was obvious – so when he did, he did so aggressively.
Of course, Scottie was really his only option to fix him up. Danny was probably still pissed, and Shae was… Well, Shae. So Scottie it was, for better or for worse.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:13 pm

Carder's pace quickened as she could feel, yes feel the warehouse. A small smile stretched across her lips as she saw it come into view. It was the closest thing she had to home. She heard Danny, and slowly turned.
"We're nearly there, you can hold out for a bit longer." She told him light-heartedly. As they reached the entrance to the warehouse, she felt a hand close around her shoulder.

“Reckon you could lend me a hand with this when we get in there?”
Carder frowned and looked him up and down, her eyes landing on the gash. She didn't even hesitate in nodding. "Aye, that I can." She felt herself smiling at him despite his aggressiveness displayed earlier. She was worried about bringing him here. If he was infected, as she suspected, that'd be a big problem. But she couldn't turn someone down whom she had somewhat gotten to know.

She turned and looked at the door, then took a deep breath. "Alright, lads," She glanced over at Shae, "and lass. Welcome to the Warehouse." She pulled a key out of her pocket and slipped it into the lock. When she heard the satisfying click, she turned the knob and opened the door with a wide grin.

The Warehouse itself wasn't too impressive, just a normal grey structure. It was slightly crumbling, as were all buildings nowadays. She sighed with satisfaction and looked around. The walls were lined with bunks, some bare and some with sleeping bags. In the center there was a hoard of weapons, food, and two separate spots with buckets. One bit was filled with water, and one side was empty. In another corner there were people hurrying around others on beds, apparently nurses.
"That's where you ought to head off to." She instructed Mitch, then turned to Shae and Danny. "As for you, I need you to go see that man over there." She pointed to the other end of the building, where a table was lined with people on one end and a line on the other. "I need to go do something." She smiled and saluted them, then dashed off to a bunk and grabbed a pile of clothes. She stared down at them for a while, sighing heavily. After a moment she went over to a closed area.

After a few minutes she came out in tighter jeans and a tee. They were obviously dirty, but they were girls clothes and proved that she was in fact female. She ran her fingers through her short hair and looked around.

[I decided to change her story a bit xD And the line thing is basically a sign up, but the nurses will take care of that for Mitch Razz]
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:12 pm

[[I was describing Shae to a friend and I realized... I can't. There are no words for her besides "insane", "bitch", and "sociopath" O.O]]

Shae grinned sadistically at Danny. She knew he was having trouble keeping himself focused on anything but her. She knew this, and would use it every way she possibly could to make herself more powerful. She knew she wouldn't give him everything he wanted - not even close - but she may as well give him a taste of it. Quite literally. But there would be a time. Soon there would be a time...

They were walking much more quickly, and every now and then, Shae would catch a glimpse of flashing red hair. This was not Catherine. It was that grown woman, whoever the hell she was. What was her name? She reflected back onto all the times she'd overheard her parents - although were they really her parents anymore? - talking at night very quietly. They would whisper about a woman named Deeana, and how they needed to... check in on her. Make sure everything was going well. And see how "the two tests" would turn out.
She knew now that they were talking about her and Catherine, and figured that Deeana was the older woman she was seeing periodically now.

They got to the Warehouse, but Shae couldn't understand why Carter regarded it as a sort of palace. It was just a shabby, abandoned building. Nothing special about it. Warily, she stepped inside after the others, whipping her head around to take in everything. She heard voices, and after turning the corner saw all of the people bustling around.
Immediately, she tensed. She didn't like the feeling of this place. She didn't trust Carter. She didn't trust these strangers. The only person she really trusted at the moment was herself. And she knew something was wrong.
When Carter jogged away after saying something she didn't bother to listen to, she tapped Daniel's shoulder and turned on her heel, leaving in a manner that clearly stated she wouldn't be coming back unless she really wanted to.
She shot him a smile over her shoulder. It was cold and nasty. Like she wanted to rip out someone's throat. Specifically Carter's, for dragging her here in the first place. So without another word, she spat on the ground and walked away.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:29 pm

[she's awful. I love her xD]
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:33 pm

[[I have mixed feelings about her... I love the fact that she can keep a cool head and doesn't let boys rule her life (I wish I was more like that) but she is friggin' insane O.O]]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 19  Next