Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Inside: The Apocalypse [[Teen/survival]]

4 posters

Page 8 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next

Go down

Dark Inside: The Apocalypse [[Teen/survival]] - Page 8 Empty Re: Dark Inside: The Apocalypse [[Teen/survival]]

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:34 pm

[She's wonderful xD

AHHH THE WEBSITE SCREWED UP MY WONDERFUL CATOXCLOVE PICTURE!]
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Dark Inside: The Apocalypse [[Teen/survival]] - Page 8 Empty Re: Dark Inside: The Apocalypse [[Teen/survival]]

Post  Dreambug Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:59 am

((I love her. She's such a tease to poor Danny XD))

The warehouse didn't look like anything special, but geez... I was glad when it finally came to view. I was looking forward to eating some decent food, and not to mention sleeping. Mitch had deprived me of then when he dragged me out of bed minutes after I'd been there when the monsters came.
Then Carder opened the doors, I followed her willingly in. I didn't think she'd brought us all the way there to kill us, because what was the point? Why not kill us on the spot?
It was a sheltered place, big enough, and there was a large pile of resources in the centre that would become handy at some point.
I just hoped there was some food to spare.
Carder told me to go talk to a man by the table, but I wasn't sure what I was supposed to say.
'Good day, sir. We'd like to book a reservation for three for the five-star Presidential Suite. Could you make sure it has a view of the river and woodland outside, please? Thank you. Oh, and we'd like our breakfast in bed, if that's possible...'
Yeah... Not going to happen.

I felt a sharp finger tap me on the back and turned to see Shae walking away from me, shooting a mean, devious smirk, as she headed towards the door.
The b*tch. She knew I found her hot, and she also knew how to push my buttons. Why did it have to be her? Seriously?
I glared at her for a moment, then took a moment to let my gaze slip down her back to her ass.
I'd miss that ass...
Oh well, if she wanted to go it alone, I'd fight my will to follow her, and stay put. Besides which, I was hungry.
“Say 'hi' to Mister Tumnus for me!” I shouted after her, rolled my eyes and turned back to the Warehouse surrounding me. It was quite homey, to say the walls were crumbling. As long as the ceiling didn't collapse on me, I'd be happy.
I turned to Mitch. “I'll see you in a bit.”
With that, I limped towards the table, found the man I'd been instructed to talk to, and cleared my throat awkwardly.
“Hey, sir...Um... Carder, um, sent me over here to see you. We just got here, see, and I kinda don't know what I'm here for, but-...” I scratched my head awkwardly, ruffling the dust out of my scalp. What I'd do for a decent shower...
“There's me, Mitch,” He jerked my thumb behind me towards Mitch, “and there was Shae, but I think she's decided she wants to go solo... But she might be back at some point, knowing her. She tends to go walkies when she feels like it.”
I shrugged. “We're not all that high on resources, so we don't have much to offer. I have some beans, but I've not eaten since yesterday morning, so I'm kinda hungry... Oh! We have a sword, as far as I know. And a few knives. We've both taken quite a beating, but Mitch is a good fighter, and once I can walk,” I gestured apologetically to my leg, “I'm not too bad, either. So... Yeah.”
I offered a polite smile, wondering vaguely whether half of what I'd said was really ll that necessary.
Oh well, I'd find out soon.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:32 am

The moment Mitch stepped into the warehouse, he froze. There were people here, lots of them. There was order… Structure… Saftey.
Everything about it screamed ‘trap’!
It wasn’t that he thought these people would betray him – he doubted they were intelligent (or stupid) enough. But where the f*ck was the logic in gathering all the sane people together, letting bonds form and emotion run wild, until one turned, and all were detroyed? What was the point in gathering together the prey and putting it on a f*cking menu for the monsters?!
This was pathetic.
And he was not in the least surprised when he saw Shae turn to leave.
As for him, he appeased Carder with a nod, and followed her instructions – heading toward the corner with the nurses, not that he had any intention of actually going over there.

On his way, he met Danny, and the boy said something along the lines of ”I’ll see you in a bit.”
“Yeah.” Mitch replied as he walked away, smiling just a little, “See you.”
He’d miss that kid. Danny reminded him of a more innocent time… Of a purer version of himself, before everything had turned to sh*t.

He stood around a while, since Danny’s attention was still lingering on him somewhat as he spoke to the man at the desk – but the moment he felt the coast was clear, Mitch slipped quietly away.
He wasn’t going to wait around like a sitting duck in that place, when chances were he’d soon turn and annihilate the lot of them.
After all, if he turned, the entire human race was f*cked. He snickered deviously at this thought, then shook his head and strode on toward the crumbling, overgrown city outside.
He was not breaking his promise to Danny… This right here – this running away, and abandoning the boy – this was protecting him.
Mitch glanced up, and saw Shae’s figure in the distance. He could follow her… It would probably be the wiser option – but he was not much of a follower, and neither was Shae.
Safety was in numbers, though. They both knew that.

Rolling his eyes at his thoughts, Mitch shrugged and set off after the girl. She could decide if she wanted to join with him, or go it alone. The number of f*cks he gave honestly wouldn’t change either way.
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:09 pm

Shae frowned when Danny didn't follow her, but said nothing. It was his own loss. Besides, she didn't even really want him. He would only bring her down, or bring himself down. She'd probably end up just shooting him for his stupidity or something. Because it really took ignorance to pursue her like this. No one was getting into her pants, and he should know that by now.
Chuckling, she continued forward, pulling out her knife and looking at it lovingly. It was her salvation. It would let her live when no one else could. Pressing its blade against a pine tree as she passed, she scraped off the rough outer bark, and pulled out the softer stuff from inside. Scooping as much as she could in her hand, she continued forward, eating it as shewent. It didn't taste half bad, and it was good on her aching stomach.

She wasn't alone. She could feel Mitch behind her, walking away from that building with her. It was funny how alike they thought, how similar their reactions and responses were. It was almost as if they were related. Maybe they had the same DNA too. She snorted sarcastically and slowed down so he could catch up.
Frowning, Shae turned to him and asked, "How can they be so f***ing stupid? I mean honestly, they will be stormed within the week. I'm surprised they haven't been already. And at least some of them will turn. And what good does that do? None. They're just going to have a harder time killing their changed comrades. Because deep inside they're good, and they can't stand to kill a friend. Even if the only other option is be killed."
She barked out a laugh. Really, how could they be that stupid? It made no sense.
"Want some pine?" She held out her hand, offering the rest of the make-shift meal. She did it without thinking, too. It was like they were a team. Mitch was the closest person she came to trusting. She knew that he was going to turn soon - he was already insane, and he admitted it himself - but she respected him. She knew she'd have no problem shooting him when he did turn, but that would be hard. It was always hard losing an advantage.
And Mitch was definitely an advantage to her.
Batcat
Batcat

http://christmas-khaleesi.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:21 pm

Mitch nodded slightly to himself as he saw Shae pause, and he quickened his pace to catch up with her.
Together it was, then, it seemed. Clearly Shae could see the advantage, too. He supposed he was pleased.
He fell into step beside her, and listened silently as she spoke - then nodded, and accepted the pine she offered, swallowing a bitter mouthful before responding, "My thoughts exactly." He murmured, dusting his hands on his jeans, "They're sitting ducks there, but there was no point trying to show them the truth. They can't see the bigger picture. They're blind to reality... Human instincts." He chuckled, and shook his head, "They're what get people killed. How ironic."
He walked along beside Shae a while longer, before finally the throbbing in his side began to get to him.
He stopped, but he did not ask Shae to wait. If she wanted to wait, she would. If she wanted to go off alone, she would. He didn't care either way.
He shrugged off his torn, bloodied shirt - and dropped it to the ground with an expression of disgust, then he produced a handful of bandages from his trusty backpack. He had cleverly snagged them when he was loitering around the nurse's station at the warehouse, and now he bound them clumsily about his torso with a series of irritable curses.
The wound wasn't bleeding quite so much now, but infection still worried him.
It was a pity he had no vodka left. He'd have to ransack a bottle store sometime soon...

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:09 pm

[i'll reply later D:]
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:23 pm

[[Since Shae and Mitch are kind of in their own world, I don't think it would harm anyone if I replied ^^ ]]

Shae frowned at his explanation. H"uman instincts. That probably was tied to their consciences. Everyone was so good and caring and selfless. She didn't understand. How could anything mean more than yourself? How could someone mean so much that you'd sacrifice yourself for them? Her mind flashed back to Tundra, and how close she was to something. She had felt it tickling the tip of her mind, itching her to discover it. It had begged for her to open up the idea and dive inside. To understand. To realize. And then to change.
But whatever tenderness was there was long gone. She was back, and it felt great. That had been too vulnerable for her. She had basically put herself out there and waved a white flag. "Come and attack me while my walls are down!"
No one had though. That was good. If they had, they'd probably be dead by now, throat slit and blood poured onto the earth. Maybe it would be dry now. Maybe it would be swirled in patterns across their body. She did that once when she killed a painter. It was her way of mocking him. It had worked. The public was horrified.
She chuckled and vaguely wondered if Mitch would be as shocked.

Shae stopped when Mitch did, not turning around, but observing their surroundings. Tall trees dominated the right field of vision, leering over her. She couldn't see very far into them; it was too dark and they were too thick. In front of her, there was a gently sloping hill. It was tall, and would prove to be a good camping place if they could get to the crest by nightfall. Already, the Sun was beginning to sink, its golden rays fading. The air was cooling off considerably, and she realized no matter how hot the day was, it would be a cold night. She wished for a heavier jacket.
To the left was just a plain that didn't look too healthy, and farther off was the remains of the abandoned town near the warehouse.
All in all, she was pretty pleased.

She finally turned around and crouched next to him, muttering about how he was doing it wrong. She unwound the bandages, slapping his hands away - more gently than if she didn't like him - and redid it, making sure it was tight enough to provide sufficient pressure, but not too much that it would cut off blood flow entirely. She noticed the various scars and burns on his skin, noting with grudging approval that he must not be all talk about his past. She'd obviously heard enough about his gang in the newspapers, but she never dreamed she'd be here with their ringleader. It didn't feel any different than any old person though. Well, it did, but only because he had common sense.
But the past didn't matter here.
When she was satisfied, Shae sat back on her heels, narrowing her green eyes critically at her work. She could've done better, but that would have to do.
"There. Best thing to do would be disinfect it, but of course you used the last of your... supplies on that idiot." She chuckled and stood up, not bothering to offer a hand. She wasn't that friendly yet.
"The bandage is probably sterile, so we lucked out there. I'm thinking the top of that hill would be a good place to stay for the night." She nodded to it and looked to him expectantly, knowing full and well she was going whether he wanted to or not.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:10 pm

[:'c tundra....]

Carder put her hands into her pockets, the tightness of the jeans making her feel odd. She liked the comfort of baggy clothes, but here she was Carder, the girl with the accent. She saw Danny and walked up to him, nodding to the man he was speaking to.
"He came with me, but I'm sure he's told you that." She said to him. The man nodded and pulled out a piece of cloth with words scrawled across it in some sort of ink or charcoal. He handed it to Danny.
"That's your sector and your assignment." She told him as she started walking away, hoping he would follow. She looked around and realized the other two had left. She sighed and shook her head. They honestly wouldn't survive out there, not if Mitch was turning.

She turned back to Danny and held out her hand. "Let me have a look at that." She told him with a small smile. She felt awful that he was the only one who stayed. And knowing their group...well, he'd probably chase after them at some point. The thought wiped the smile off her face and she pulled her hand away. "Nevermind, we can discuss that later. You need rest, and should probably get your leg checked." She looked down at his leg, which still looked awful. She looked back up at him and smiled half-heartedly, though there was a bit of honesty behind it. She wasn't sure what it was, but something about the way he spoke was familiar.

Carder looked back at the door and frowned. What had possessed them to leave? She wasn't sure, and she wished she could have done more to keep them here. But, it was their lives. Or deaths. She looked around the room again and realized there were less people now. No doubt the infection was spreading to the Warehouse. She frowned, and lines creased down her forehead. The Warehouse was her safe haven, the one place she thought would never change. But the realization hit her, and she knew that the infection would get them. Eventually, it'd get everyone.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:31 am

((Right, Agreeing with Batty, since Shae and Mitch are off on their own mission, I’ll keep this rolling while I can, and slow down again when they’re all back together… If they all get back together… O.o ))

Mitch allowed Shae to slap his hands away, and he did not even complain, because he knew this was a benefit for him. Indirectly, a benefit to her, too – since having him around could prolong her expected life span considerably, and they both knew it.
He was ‘Matches’, after all. Not only was he a violent-minded destruction machine, but he was intelligent and resourceful… At times, anyway.
He knew his strengths, he knew his weaknesses, and he would admit to both.

He checked Shae’s bandaging, grunted his approval, and stood with a nod. He didn’t thank her – but he didn’t need to. Gratitude was implied.
Mitch glanced toward the top of the hill when Shae mentioned it, and frowned at it thoughtfully a while.
“It’d be a good vantage point.” He observed, nodding in agreement, “We can’t hope they won’t find us there – but when they do, we’ll have the upper hand, and besides, we’ll see them coming.”
He considered it a while longer, then added, “Best take shifts, if we sleep.”

He was about to start walking toward the hill, but before he could, a rustle in the bush caught his attention. Mitch had wheeled around and swung his blade in the space of a blink – but all he saw was a startled deer rushing off into the bush.
He cursed freely, and shoved his knife back into his belt.
“If I had a f*cking crossbow…” He muttered under his breath.
Then, to Shae, “There’s an old storage unit in the next town that used to be a meeting place for black market weapon sales. I don’t know if there’ll be anything left, but the rewards are worth the risk. Come tomorrow, I’ll he heading there.” He smirked slightly, and raised an eyebrow at Shae, “I daresay you’ll be coming?”

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:30 am

It was good he agreed with her, because she wanted to get a decent amount of sleep tonight. Taking shifts would be be good; she was already thinking it, and by now she wasn't surprised that their minds were on the same page. It was kind of an old joke for her now. She'd have to test it soon though.
Chuckling, she watched as he quickly reacted to the sound of the deer. Of course she'd seen it out of the corner of her eye as she patched up Mitch, but hadn't said anything. She had nothing to kill it with, soo why should she? Besides, she had a small hope that it would make a noice and scare the crap out of Mitch. A smirk crossed her face, but it was gone in a flash.

Then he mentioned the weapons. Shae's expression and mood changed instantly, like lightning striking a tree. There was a new feel about her, one that was very familiar to her, but probably not Mitch. She got this way anytime someone mentioned weapons that she could possibly take. She lived for weapons.
And right now it showed. Darkness flashed across her eyes, indicating that perhaps she was not fully sane. A sadistic grin spread her face, causing her to look more like a moster than a human. Her posture changed; she bent her knees slightly and her arms tensed, like she was ready to sprint to that building and grab everything she could.
Of course she didn't, though.
And all she said was, "Wherever there are weapons, I will be there."

She snickered and began trudging forward, her mind banishing all thoughts of the store in order to stay more alert. Right here in the open, she was much more vulnerable to an attack than back near the woods, or even the Warehouse. At least there, there was shelter.
Soon, Shae arrived at the crest of the hill. Frowning, she spun around slowly, taking in her surroundings.
A couple miles to the north was a pack of monsters, stumbling slowly along as their leader led them to the fresh blood and flesh. They were headed away from the hill and towards the Warehouse. Perhaps the scent of all those people gathered blocked out hers and Mitch's. That would be good.
But now what should they do about it? Shae knew she couldn't care less about what happened to anyone but her - and maybe Mitch, because his survival reinforced her own as of the moment - but she didn't know how Mitch felt. After all, this was the boy that used the last of his precious alcohol to save that miserable excuse for a man.
Biting her lip and narrowing her eyes at this, she turned and faced Mitch, an eyebrow raised, inquiring his opinion.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:05 am

Mitch snickered at Shae's response, shaking his head fondly. At least, as far as 'fond' went for Mitch. Shae was growning on him, he had to admit. He seldom found anybody who thought like she did - and speaking with somebody sensible was a refreshing change. She was predictable, because like him, she was so f*cking unpredictable...

He followed Shae up the hill, shrugging on a fresh shirt from his backpack as he went. It wasn't long before they arrived at the top - but when they did, Mitch's eyes followed Shae's to the group of monsters heading toward the warehouse. He watched them a while, then caught Shae's questioning glance.

He smiled in response - if Mitch could smile - and shot back a twisted version of her own words. "Where there's blood to be spilled, I will be there."
He uttered a bark of laughter, and stepped forward to the very highest peak of the hill, aiming a straight line from where he stood to the gathering of monsters. He nodded in satisfaction, and pulled the empty vodka bottle from his backpack. Luckily, he still had some gasoline - even if his alcohol stores had been depleted.
He poured the gas into the empty bottle, then stuffed a rag through head, and lit the end.

These bombs were his speciality, and damn did he love them...
He held onto it a while, aiming carefully, watching it burn closer and closer to explosion... Then he hurled it, and it exploded with near-perfect timing just as it got over the group of monsters. Mitch uttered a self-satisfied laugh of exhilaration as the echoes of their dying screams reached him on the wind, and he watched them run amock like headless chickens while the flames swiftly devoured them.
"So long, old friends..." He muttered to himself, lips curving into a devious smirk.
Who had a better life than him?

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:14 am

I looked down at the cloth that had been given to him. It was perfectly readable, but it looked like gibberish to me. I didn't know my way around the place, couldn't tell John from Adam and I couldn't even tell whether I was supposed to talk to anyone.
I half-listened to what Carder had to say, thankful for her company, but something seemed a little... 'Off'.
I wheeled round, my eyes desperately searching for Mitch.
But he was gone.

I stared at the door in disbelief. How the hell could he do that? Just leave without even saying goodbye?
The asshole.
The stuck up, crazy asshole.
I looked away, suddenly feeling extremely alone. I'd only met those two early that morning, in the cafe. I'd been attacked by three monsters and they'd all come to help me fight them off. Tundra had been there, too. You could say we'd formed an alliance.
I just didn't realise how 'temporary' it would be.
I limped over to the bed in the section I'd been told to go to, holding my head in my hands. First, Mitch had burned my leg, supported me for a little while, beaten me, after telling me he had my back, then left me at a Warehouse with a bunch of strangers. A fat lot of good he'd been.

My eyes wandered towards the tiny, barred up window to see if he was still in sight. But the woodland covered most of the surrounding area. In a way, it probably sheltered the Warehouse from view, but it also made it impossible to see if anything was coming.
A group of figures – at least a dozen – were weaving through the trees towards the Warehouse. Everything about them screamed trouble.
I frowned. Didn't they every f*cking sleep?
“Carder!” I pulled myself to my feet, then headed over to Carder's side. She was now wearing female clothes, and it was obvious she was,in fact, a girl.
A rather hot one too, dare I say...
“We've got company.” She wouldn't have to ask me what I meant. I nodded towards the front doors. “At least a dozen of them. I don't suppose you have a routine for this sort of thing? A group that fight? Hidden machine guns? That sort of thing...”
Of course, the place had order, but I wasn't sure it was that high-tech.
“Or, are we screwed?”

Just as I spoke, a huge explosion filled my ears.
What the hell was that?!
I spun round, expecting to see half the wall crumbling and collapsing beside him, but the explosion hadn't been aimed at the warehouse. I ran to the window again, just in time to see several bodies flying into the air.
It was no question. That was Mitch's work.
My eyes darted around the woodland, but the man was out of sight. Thanks, mate. I thought silently to him, and turned back to my bed.
I wanted to find them. Try and persuade them to stay for one night. Just one night. But I didn't have the energy. I just wanted to sleep. And eat. I was starving.
So I let them go, praying on the off chance that I might see them again one day...
Before I died.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:24 pm

Shae watched with bemused curiosity as Mitch filled the bottle with the necessary supplies, taking out a lighter and setting fire to it. He was handy, she had to give him that. But what was he planning to do? It wasn't like he was going to...
Oh, but he was. He lobbed the burning thing over his shoulder, where it promptly exploded in the midst of the monsters. She watched as limbs were detached from bodies, as blood spurted everywhere. Blood. She wondered vaguely if it was the same blood that ran through her veins. Maybe it was somehow altered to cause that insanity. Maybe it boiled or something. Maybe the genetics were changed.
Or maybe it was the same.

She physically shrugged away her morbid thinking and chuckled. "Good job, Superman. Saving the day once again."
The Sun was just barely visible now, the last of its pink rays saying good-bye to the horizon. The sky was tinted a rosy red, and streaks of the navy blue of night were pushing it away. The air was cooling and the night insects were coming out. The day was coming to a close; signs of it were everywhere.
It was beautiful.
Sighing, she sat down and picked a strand of grass. The fire was still raging to her left, but she decided to ignore it. This was the most relaxed she'd been for a while, even before the disaster. For once she was a team, and that brought a mixture of emotions.
She hated relying on someone else, but it also helped her. Besides, she wasn't relying on him, was she? She could get on by herself. She was sure Mitch felt the same, which was why they probably weren't talking about it. Neither of their prides would benefit from this alliance.
So she laid back and stared at the stars, who were beginning to show themselves. "We make a good team, Matches." She whispered.
Yes, Matches.
That was who she thought like, not Mitch. Because deep inside Mitch, there was good. There was humanity.
Not Matches.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:55 pm

He glanced down at Shae, surprised by her remark, and uttered an amused snort that might have been agreement. "Don't be going soft on me, Shae." He jeered, placing his backpack carefully beside a rock, and searching for a comfortable piece of ground on which to rest. Leaves. Dirt. Rocks...
Leaves it was.
With a grunt, he flopped down beside Shae, glaring at his side. The pain of his wound irritated him - nothing more.
"So..." He said with a smirk, staring out at the sunset, "How do you plan to kill me when I turn?" He flashed a glance at her, his face twisted into a sadistic little smile. He didn't look in the least concerned about it - he was simply making morbid conversation.
"I expect something flashy." He went on, "Worthy of... Well." He gestured to himself with a confident smirk, "But obviously it'll have to be fast, 'cause if you let me get out there, let's face it, humanity's doomed." He uttered a bark of laughter that showed little regard for his future, humanity's, or the connection between the two.
He just loved the violence.
"Personally I'd go with fire." Mitch went on conversationally, "But that's kinda my thing..."

((Epic bonding conversation - Mitch style! Wink ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:05 pm

[[*fist pump* Alright kiddies, let's do some team building exercises! If you could kill each other, how would you do it?]]

Shae grinned and rolled her eyes, turning to face him. They both knew she wasn't going soft. But then again, he did have a point. They couldn't be friends. It would only be harder when one of them turned. She knew she'd turn at some point, but she was betting Mitch would first. He was already showing signs of it. Probably the smartest thing to do would be kill him here and now, but she couldn't. Not yet at least. He was much too useful.
At least that was what she told herself.
Sighing, she turned back and listened to his words. How would she kill him? That was interesting, she hadn't even thought of that though. She may as well. Again, she reminded herself that he'd be turning soon. Then he'd try to rip her throat out.
Try.
He wouldn't get that far.
She chuckled, pulling out her knife. The rusted one from the lake. It was a miracle she hadn't cut herself on it and given herself tetanus yet. "Probably this guy." She said affectionately as she cradled the weapon.
"I expect something flashy. Worthy of... Well. But obviously it'll have to be fast, 'cause if you let me get out there, let's face it, humanity's doomed."
Shae laughed. "You're right. If you get out alive, humanity's screwed. Well, we're screwed now anyway. What does it matter?"
"Personally I'd go with fire."
Ugh. Fire. Great. Of course she was stuck with the pyromaniac.
"But that's kinda my thing..."
"I hate fire." She said with a huff. "What do you hate that I can kill you with?" She smirked at him sarcastically, but her eyes were serious. If he was going to kill her with something she hated, than she may as well reciprocate.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:34 pm

((Mitch and Shae's leadership camp. XD LMAO! So cute. Wink ))

"I hate people." Mitch suggested with his dry sense of humour, "You could beat me to death with a person?" Then he paused, and considered it more seriously. "And I hate suicide. I think it's weak and pathetic. You could throw me off a building." He picked dirt from under his nail, and flicked it away dispassionately. "Either way, I'm sure you'll have a blast. I'd give an arm and a leg to be able to kill me." He smirked.
"But sorry for you, I don't intend to turn just yet. I think we have more control than we believe... Those other f*ckers were just too weak to know it." He clenched his jaw. "I won't be turned into a mindless drone so easily..." He turned to look at Shae. "And I daresay you won't either."

He saw a lone monster walking toward the warehouse in the swiftly fading light, and borrowed Shae's silenced gun - aiming carefully, and shooting it expertly down.
He laid the gun down beside Shae again, and continued his peaceful staring at the beauty of his Apocalyptic world.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:07 pm

[[That would be so traumatizing... let's send our kids there!!!]]

Shae frowned as she listened to Mitch talk about suicide. She did agree with him; it was weak and pathetic, but the people who did it weren't in their right state of mind. Something had to have happened to them to make them feel that way. And she couldn't judge them based off of something they weren't. It was kind of like with the monsters. She couldn't judge what they were like in their past life because of what they were doing now.
She frowned, keeping this to herself.
"I actually don't mind killing anyone." She said bluntly. "I just would be more reluctant to kill you because of how... advantageous you are to me." She winked, and turned away.
She didn't even say anything to stop him when he used her gun.

"You still owe me for that sword. Remember?"
But Shae wasn't really looking for anything. Just trying to make conversation. There wasn't much to talk about with him. She knew everything he would say, just by examining herself. Except for maybe the fire. That was a bit unpredictable. But she didn't want to talk about fire. Not right now at least.

[[Shae belongs in apocalypses, I swear -_-]]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:14 pm

((This is such a sweet conversation, they're having. I love you I'm enjoying reading it, to be honest. I never knew 'if you were to kill me, how would you do it?' was such a good conversation starter. I might try it one day... Twisted Evil
*impatiently waits for Kira*
*has given Kira nothing to reply to*
Rolling Eyes ))
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:23 pm

((Dreameh, I actually have this conversation with real people. XD Then I wonder why they think I’m weird…

I’m lazy. I’ll reply later. Razz ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:25 pm

[[It's probably a good thing Polo... I'm working on a paper xD

And I've met someone like you Polo O.o At least what you're like here. She attempted to help me decipher Shakespeare, but then we decided not to and we just talked... It was great Very Happy]]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:46 pm

[I'm here! I'm gonna reply now! I gotsa plan!

...no I don't. Let's wing it!]

Carder saw Daniel coming over to her. He was saying something about 'company' coming. At first she was slightly confused, then it dawned on her. She was about to call over one of the leaders, but people were already grabbing guns. Apparently he wasn't the only who had seen them. She almost ran over there herself, but then an explosion shook the building. She nearly lost her balance in mid-step, but it was quickly regained. She stared out the window in disbelief as bodies were sent flying.
"That Mitch's doing?" She asked, turning back to Daniel as soon as she was sure there weren't more. Carder looked him up down, assessing his abilities based on his stature. Obviously he couldn't do much now, but in time he'd be able to help them out quite a bit. They could always use more males.

Her eyes found their way back up to his face, and she smiled genuinely at him. It was partially sympathetic, however. She was almost certain that Mitch leaving without a word had taken a toll on him. She glanced at the door and ran her fingers through her hair with a sigh. "You know, I can get you reassigned to my sector and we can look for them when your leg is healed." She told him, though if her suspicions were correct about Mitch turning, they probably wouldn't find either him or Shae in their current state of mind, if they were even still alive. Granted, she and Daniel had to stay alive as well.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:57 am

“Why so sweet?” Mitch asked in response, only half sarcastic, “And I’ll replace that sword when we get to the weapon store, if there are still supplies there.” He winked, “Back in the day, that place was my seventh heaven. The guns, swords, bombs… Shae, you’ve no idea!” He uttered an exhilarated laugh.
It occurred to him that, for the first time since the apocalypse, he was treating somebody as an acquaintance. Well – unless one counted that time with Danny. But Mitch didn’t – because truth be told, his conscience ached for the boy, but he refused to go back. Hence, Danny was dead to him.
But Shae was not – and despite it all, he was warming her. He still would not hesitate to kill her for personal gain, but… He enjoyed her company, all the same. Even somebody like him would get lonely eventually, when the world was reduced to less than nothing.
“You should sleep.” He said at last, turning back to Shae. “We can take two hour shifts. If we start now, we might just be well rested by tomorrow.”
Then he paused, and glanced back at the warehouse.
I wonder… He thought to himself, as a softer, long-lost part of him remembered Danny, and the long-forgotten times of innocence and happiness that the boy represented for him. Should I go back? Should I give those two one more chance to come along?
Shae would probably disagree, but what’s the point of the two of us surviving? I’ve not got long in any case – and with her mindset, she’s near-enough insane to be a monster already. If it’s humanity’s side I’m fighting for in this war, then what I’m doing in leaving those two here is losing the battle. But if I’m fighting just for myself, I’m winning…
Screw that. I’m not gonna last anyway. I’m going back.

With a deep breath, he shook his head, and turned to Shae. “You’re going to think I’m an idiot.” He began with a grim smile – and judging from his expression, he thought the same. “But I’m going back for those two. Give them one last chance to come along before we leave this city.
It’s as I said before – if just the two of us survive…” He shrugged, “Humanity doesn’t stand a chance. I’d say ‘f*ck them’, but since it seems I’ve ended up fighting for humanity here…” He rolled his eyes, “I don’t like to lose.”
He stood, dusted himself off, then turned to Shae. “If you’re still here when I get back, I’ll lead you to the weapon store.”

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:05 am

Shae grinned at his slightly insane approach to the weapons. That was so like her. Secretly, she wanted to go right then, but it was getting dark. She didn't have night vision. It was cold. There were monsters roaming about. It wasn't safe.
But then again, was anything?
Laughing to herself, she decided it would be best to get a couple hours of rest before handling a weapon. She nodded gratefully to Mitch when he offered to take the first watch and laid her head down, inhaling the scent of the grass. It had been a while since she'd done that - probably before Catherine's death.

It was funny. She'd only met this man this morning, but was willing to sleep with him as her guard. She loathed him, but at the same time, respected him. In a sense, it was like looking in a mirror - if she was a boy of course. But knowing herself, she shouldn't be fully trusting him.
She still held on to the hope that he was better than her, though.
She turned onto her side and closed her eyes, letting her fingers relax against the handle of her knife. She was a light sleeper, and she'd be able to seriously injure anyone who tried to attack her - or even wake her up. Mitch would have fun.
But he never got the chance.

Shae grouchily opened her eyes and rolled onto her stomach, making a big deal of stretching. She wanted sleep!
But now he was babbling about going back.
She snorted. "That's why I didn't choose to fight for humanity. I hate people too much - frankly I hate our own race. We're horrible. Look at what we did to each other before. I wouldn't mind seeing the destruction of us."
She was bitter. She honestly hated humanity. She could only hope some other species would come along after that would clean up the mess.
"We would only do the same thing again if we survived. Humans never learn."
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:44 pm

"I agree with you." Mitch laughed in reply, "But I'm still too stubborn to let those monsters win. Us humans..." He tapped the side of his head, "Dumb as f*ck, but what can you do?" He sighed, got to his feet, and dusted himself off.
"I'll head down there now, 'cause I don't wanna waste any time come morning. See ya."
With that, he nodded to Shae, and set off down the hill - making a bee-line for the warehouse, despite the steep incline, and the spiky plants snatching at his clothes from all sides.
He made his way back to the warehouse unharmed, considered it a moment, then shrugged and walked confidently up to the front entrance.
Let them try and shoot him down.
Let them try.
He f*cking dared them!
A person didn’t have to be a monster to die at his hand after threatening his life – regardless of circumstances.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:58 pm

Shae narrowed her eyes at his retreating figure. This position on the hill didn't seem as great as before. The winds were picking up, there was a light drizzle, and the sky was turning a sickly green color. The water helped put out the little bit of the fire that was still burning, and the last charred monster fell to the ground dead. She looked back up at the slowly swirling sky, her apprehension growing. This was not good.
It could only mean one thing.
Tornado.

She leapt to her feet and turned around, sprinting straight for the shelter. Mitch hadn't gotten there yet, but he was pretty close. Good. Hopefully the warehouse was built with a basement or a bunker of sorts. If not... Well, they were screwed. She'd rather go down against a pack of monsters. At least you could fight one of those.
She shoved past Mitch and headed straight for the center of the room. The registration table was still there, but no one was managing it. After all, how many people came after dark?
Shae looked around it frantically, and finally spotted what she was looking for. A bullhorn.
Quickly, she pressed the button on it, and a large alarm sounded from it.
"We have a tornado." She spoke into it calmly after a few moments of the blaring siren, just to ensure she had everyone's attention. "Please proceed to the nearest underground or central room immediately."
She set the bullhorn down on the table gently and made her way over to a set of stairs she saw leading downward that people were trickling down.
As she did, she passed Mitch.
"Who's saving humanity now?" She said with a saucy wink, walking on.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next