Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Inside: The Apocalypse [[Teen/survival]]

4 posters

Page 9 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Go down

Dark Inside: The Apocalypse [[Teen/survival]] - Page 9 Empty Re: Dark Inside: The Apocalypse [[Teen/survival]]

Post  Dreambug Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:23 am

I was grateful for Carder's words in attempt to make me feel better, but we both knew by the time my leg had fully healed Mitch and Shae would both be long gone.
I still couldn't believe they'd f*cking left without even saying goodbye.
A figure through the window caught my attention, and I tiredly gazed out to see who it was. I was expecting one of the monsters, and I wasn't completely wrong. It was Mitch.
For some reason, my heart leapt. Despite the fact I wanted to punch his face in for leaving me.
I was about to limp to the doors and let him in, but by the time I was on my feet, Shae came storming through the doors. My eyebrows shot to the sky. I'd not been expecting her. But I guessed even she knew you couldn't survive out there on your own, and Mitch was a handy guy to be travelling with, so maybe she'd changed her mind.
I wondered what she was doing, when she picked up the bullhorn and began shouting about a tornado.
A bloody tornado.
This really wasn't my day.
Groaning, I slowly limped to join the two, almost staggering due to my extreme fatigue. All I wanted was to go to f*cking bed.
I shot Mitch a wry smile. “Nice to see you've changed your mind, then.” I muttered, arriving at their sides. “You know, you could have at least said goodbye, both of you. What made you want to leave?”
I heard the sky begin to rumble above our heads, and I shook off my words with a flick of my hand. “Never mind, let's just get some shelter before this place collapses on us all.”
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Dark Inside: The Apocalypse [[Teen/survival]] - Page 9 Empty Re: Dark Inside: The Apocalypse [[Teen/survival]]

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:38 am

When Mitch felt the wind whip the first spatterings of rain against him, he turned to glance at the sky. He loved this weather, but unless he was much mistaken…
Shae rushed past him, then, and that confirmed his suspicions: A tornado was on the way.
He nodded slightly to himself, and walked on, a smirk tweaking his lips.
Of course he would be that badass who enters with a tornado behind him. That was just so him!
He heard Shae make an announcement about the tornado as he entered the warehouse, and she made some comment about saving humanity as she passed. He just chuckled, and shook his head.
Then, suddenly, Danny stood before him.
Mitch halted, and waited patiently for whatever snide comment the fool had to greet him.
“Nice to see you've changed your mind, then. You know, you could have at least said goodbye, both of you. What made you want to leave?”
“I didn’t change my mind.” Mitch said coolly. “This place is still a hunting lodge for monsters, and I still refuse to die a sitting duck. I just figured I’d come back and change your mind before I left.”
He offered a sarcastic smile, despite words that were surprisingly… ‘sweet’ for Mitch.
He ruffled Danny’s hair patronisingly, and slung the boy’s arm over his shoulder to help him down the stairs.
“Off we go, then.” He said to Shae with a dark smile, “Keep those guns loaded, ‘cause if I was a monster – and I ain’t far from it – I’d figure now’s a f*cking brilliant time to turn.”
With a somewhat demonic laugh, and near indecent eagerness, he lead Danny down the stairs toward the basement.
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:58 am

Shae snorted, letting Mitch answer for her about the whole 'changing her mind deal'. She didn't change her mind. She wasn't staying. It seemed like Mitch felt the same way. That was good. She was getting out of there after thr tornado was over. In fact that was the only reason she had even come back in the first place. They couldbthink what they wanted, but she really didn't care about any of them, except for maybe Mitch.
She snorted at Danny. "The only reason I'm back is to stay safe from that big ass storm." She chuckled. "Even I'm not stupid enough to think I could get out of it unscathed.
"Also, I don't say goodbye. You should know that."
She glared at him coldly and faintly considered pushing him down the stairs they were descending down and making it look like an accident when he broke a bone. That would be funny. Then Mitch started talking, interrupting her dastardly plans.
She nodded in response. She didn't personally know anybody that had changed from being in group - but then again she was rarekt in a group. This was the largest group she'd been in for a long time, since even before. She always felt the need to shoot someone in a group...
Then she spotted Carter in girl clothes. Interesting. She smiled to herself and kept walking, being careful not to slip. The last thing she needed now was a broken bone.

[[Sorry for any typos. I'm on my NEW PHONE Very Happy This one actually looks like a phone and not a potato and has internet ^^]]
Batcat
Batcat

http://christmas-khaleesi.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:21 am

Carder watched as everyone in the warehouse began trickling down the stairs. She stayed towards the back, directing those who appeared scared. She couldn't fathom why anyone would be scared, when they had those goddamned monsters outside. Well, she had to understand people somewhat. That's what landed her such a high up position in this place was her knowledge of human beings. She'd normally always been good with them, except...her eyes scanned the crowd, landing on Mitch and Shae. So they came back. She knew someone had started the commotion, and she was now fairly certain it was the other red head. She looked up at her own hair, which was hanging in front of her eyes. She pushed it out of the way and made her way down the steps.

When she reached the basement room, it was almost backed full despite being quite large. It was no doubt smaller than the room topside, much smaller. She watched everyone make their way down, not saying anything to the trio. She knew Mitch and Danny were bound to stick together now, and she'd overheard bits and pieces of their conversation to know Mitch and Shae had no intentions of staying. She frowned slightly at that. They'd probably end up dying within a week. Although she wouldn't mind never seeing Shae again, she felt slightly about the two boys. Oh well, what could you do? Nothing.

Carder took a deep breath and made her way over to them, pushing a bit through the crowd. She got jostled back once or twice, but eventually she made it to them.
"Good to see you." She told them with a flight-attendant smile.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:12 pm

I resisted the temptation to punch Mitch, hard, when he smirked at me. He seemed to have grown even more obnoxious since he'd nearly killed me, which made no sense. Maybe he'd got it from Shae. Maybe their twenty-minute time together had changed him.
Whatever it was, I didn't give a damn any more. He'd dragged me all the way here, there was no friggin' way he would drag me anywhere else in the state I was in.
I was tired. I was hungry. I didn't even care if I died in the next hour or so. I just wanted rest.
“I'm not leaving.” I stared at him incredulously, limping down the stairs whilst trying not to trip and knock everyone over like human dominos.
“Mitch, I'm f*cking shattered. I haven't slept in days. I'm starving, and if I don't sleep soon, I'll pass out.” I sighed, knowing fair well I sounded extremely selfish. In a way, that part of me hadn't really changed since all this began, and I didn't really want to let go of that. If Mitch didn't know already that I was that way, then he must have been looking after me with his eyes closed.
Not to mention his ears.
“I don't intend to stay here forever, guys.” I said tiredly, looking at Shae, showing her I was talking to her, too. “I just want a night or two. I mean that. All I want is a decent night's sleep, with a bed, and a good shelter. If someone turns and kills me, so be it.” I shrugged. “I wouldn't blame them, really. My snoring can be quite annoying.” I offered Mitch a hopeful glance. “I mean, yeah, it depends on whether this place survives the tornado, but seriously, I just want to sleep. My leg's been killing me all f*cking day.”
We reached the bottom of the stairs and found ourselves in a smaller room, highly condensed with people. The fear and anxiety in their faces was obvious.
“If this place is still standing, I'm staying. I've made up my mind.”
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:31 pm

Mitch chuckled appreciatively at Shae’s comment. Foolish Danny. Expecting Shae to say goodbye was like expecting a T-Rex to rise from a fossil, marry a unicorn, and adopt a starving child from Africa.

F*ck. Maybe he needed to smoke less after all…?
When Carder approached him, Mitch cast her a disapproving glance, and walked right on past.
That smile on her face was fake. He didn’t tolerate fake. Never had, never would. If she’d slapped him in the face and said ‘what the hell are you doing back, asshole?’ he’d have accepted that greeting with far more fondness than an insincere smile and what he assumed to be a lie.

As for Danny… F*ck Danny. The kid was as f*cking annoying as ever.
He just talked and talked… Half the time, Mitch wasn’t even listening. Eventually, he’d had enough.
“Danny-boy…” He growled, “You piss me the f*ck off with your goddamn subtlety, you know that? Don’t give me that f*cking look!” He gestured toward Danny’s hopeful expression. “I don’t get it! You want something – you ask me outright, y’hear?! Don’t give me this whiny ‘I’m tired, I’m sore, I don’t care if I die’ crap! I came back for you, you good for nothing bastard!”
He wasn’t even sure what his point was any more… He was just yelling because he was angry.
But they’d reached a crowded room now, so Mitch wisely dropped his voice.
“So you say you want two days?” Mitch growled softly. “Fine, Danny, fine. But tell me this: Do you expect me to wait for you? Look - I said I had your back and I meant it. Yeah – that was stupid as f*ck, but I don’t go back on my word. But goddamnit, man, if you’re throwing your life away, then I’m wasting my time. This place is a mother f*cking death trap. I warned you already. So if you’re asking me to lay down my life for you, at least give me the courtesy of knowing that I’m risking dying for a f*cker worth a damn.”
Mitch glowered at Danny, hoping that his argument still made sense. Honestly, he’d forgotten what his point was a while back. He didn’t even know why they were arguing. He was still thinking of the T-Rex and the unicorn, and wondering if he had any weed left in his backpack…

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:13 pm

Shae glowered at Carder. She really didn't like having another girl within her reach. It just made her feel a little bit vulnerable. Now she had competition.
Damn.
Not that the girl was much compared to her, but still. She knew that Danny would be looking for any female, and she really didn't want to lose her hold of him. Hopefully he wasn't just hormone ocntrolled, and there was something that actually attracted him to her specifically. She chuckled.
Yeah right.
She listened with growing irritation as Danny complained. They all felt they way, so he needed to just shut up and suck it up like a man. If anyone should be complaining, it should be her. She was the girl, the emotionally deranged, weak, feminine creature. She snorted sarcastically.
Danny was acting more like a girl than her.

She was just about to snap and start smacking him around when Mitch began. Clearly he felt the same way. She listened for a bit, until she was ushered away into a small bunker. She grabbed onto Mitch's arm and pulled him with her, letting her nails bite into his skin. God, it felt great to release some of that irritation. When they were walking down the hallway, out of earshot of the nurse, she whispered to him, "I can't lose you now."
She turned and grinned. "Who's gonna know that the best way to kill you is with people?"
She chuckled and let go of him, carefully examining her nails. They had some blood on them. Delicious.
No apology left her lips.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:22 pm

((I love Shae. XD ))

In his somewhat dazed state, Mitch suddenly felt himself pulled away from Danny. He growled in annoyance, and turned with a snarl like a feral dog - but when he saw Shae, he simply settled for a measly scowl, and followed her with irritation, but not reluctance.
When she released him, he unconcernedly rubbed the nail-marks from his arm, then fixed her with a half-hearted glare.
"You shouldn't grab me like that, you know." He pointed out coolly. "I might have attacked you, thinking you were a monster." But he wasn't really angry, so he shrugged and let it go, offering a faint chuckle in response to her comment.
"So what do you want?"
Funny... He was almost touched that Sahe 'didn't want to lose him'. He knew it was only because he knew where the weapon store was, but all the same. It was nice to feel... Needed.
F*ck. He was starting to sound human. He needed to get high...
Where the f*ck's my weed?

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:21 pm

Carder caught Shae's glare, but chose to ignore it. How infantile could one be? There wasn't anything to be jealous of. She looked down, suddenly feeling slightly insecure. Then she caught herself. What the hell was she doing, worrying about what people thought of her? She shook her head, disgusted with herself.
She could also see that they wanted nothing to do with Danny's speech. Their faces, movements, everything just screamed they hated it. She wasn't even sure how they had stuck together for as long as they did....and she had no idea how long that was. She watched Shae drag Mitch away, then she turned to Danny with a placid look on her face.
"Such a warm welcome." She grumbled sarcastically. She glanced over her shoulder at the bunker they had gone into. "I suppose you'd want to join them?" Carder asked him, an eyebrow raising questioningly. She knew those two weren't staying long, as for Danny...she wasn't entirely sure. She attempted to tuck her hair behind her ear, but it just fell back forward. Crucified Christ, why had she cut it short again?
Oh yeah.
Carder attempted a small smile in Danny's direction, but she wasn't in the mood to be brushed off again as she was with Mitch. Granted, she wouldn't like the fake smile she offered up much either. She frowned, thinking of how awful he was to poor Danny. Her jaw set and her normal smile faded to a thin line.

In a hasty decision, and most likely a stupid one, she followed the pair of 'friends' into the bunker. She knew they didn't like her...all the more reason to annoy them. She caught sight of them again and headed right on over. Placing her hands in her pockets she stopped in front of them and looked them up and down. Her gaze landed on Mitch and her eyes narrowed.
"I don't know who the hell you think you are, whether you're on crack or not, and I don't care much to know. However, I do not like it when you talk to someone like their a piece of sh*t." She pointed a finger at his chest, blue fire blazing in her eyes. She didn't know why on Earth she was acting like this, but everything was starting to build up on her shoulders and causing her to break. She was angry, sad, hurt, and scared. All of it boiled down to one thing: she was terrifying. "In my opinion, you aren't much above sh*t yourself." She sniffed and took a step back, glaring at him. She was just challenging him to try something. Carder may be small, but she could snap a neck in a second.

Last edited by Kira Ships CC<3 on Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot some words.)
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:03 am

((I want to reply, but since I seem to be posting far too often, I'm going to wait. Razz ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:45 pm

I was glad Mitch hadn't gone over-board with his argument – I didn't suffer any more black eyes, at least – but he might as well have. I'd certainly pissed him off, that was for sure. And his words hurt, for once. They actually hurt, more than I was already hurting.
He knew what I'd been wanting the whole time. He knew I'd wanted to die, that I hated him. But we'd shared things with each other I'd not shared with anyone since this whole thing began. The nightmares, the images in the back of my mind that haunted me wherever I went.
But this once, I wasn't intending to 'throw my life away'. All I wanted was a f*cking sleep.
And yet I was wasting his time?
Two days, was all I wanted. Two f*cking days. Some rest, and some drugs to help with the pain. And some decent company. There was no reason to be so bloody frank.
So I was a waste of time? Not worth a damn? Fine.
There was nothing keeping me with him.
I shook my head and limped in the opposite direction, only half-noticing Carder's soft gaze on the back of my head as I went, not stopping until I found an upturned bucket by the wall in a corner. I sat down and held my head in my hands, letting out a long, shaky sigh.
The rumbling above our heads got louder, and the ceiling shook and crumbled slightly, plaster fluttering to the ground in fine, grey powder.
I could see Carder shouting at Mitch from across the room, her distinctive red hair sticking out from the dozens of other heads in the room. I could feel bodies stood around me, muttering anxiously, a few women an children crying. But everything seemed to fade away until it was just me, and the room.
So I wasn't allowed to stay there, huh? I was a waste time? Then what was the point of staying there, or anywhere?
Mitch didn't want me? Screw him. Shae didn't want me? She was a bitch, anyway. They'd be very happy together. Carder? She lived for the Warehouse. She worked there, and there was no fairness in telling her to give it up.
Which left me. Far away from home, crippled, depressed and alone. The only spark of humanity left? Bullsh*t. Mitch was surrounded by Humanity. He didn't have to look any further than the people in the room with him. He'd already made it evident he didn't want me, anymore.
If I tried to survive on my own, out of all people, I would be the first to fail. What was the point?

The rumbling calmed slowly to the stop. Silence filled the room.
My mind was made up.
I stood up and found Carder's face from within the crowd, and offered a sad, but thankful smile. She was the last reminder of home I had left in this god-forsaken place.
With that, I picked up my stick and made it to the steps, not looking back once as I slowly but surely made my way up the staircase to what remained of the Warehouse main room.

Parts of the roof had caved in, littering loose bricks and cement all over the hard stone floor. The air was dusty, with quickly tickled my lungs and caused cough after cough to rip viscously at my throat. I closed the small door in the ground leading to the basement, and kept walking.
Several figures appeared at what would have been the front door, but it seemed they were also not Tornado-proof.
I stopped in my tracks.
Damn... I'd hoped I'd at least be able to cover the tracks of the people underground, and maybe lead the monsters away from the Warehouse before any of them discovered there had been anyone there.
Fat lot of good that was, now.
I had no intention of fighting, or running. So I did what I'd been wanting to do all alone. I found a bunk bed than was still standing and laid in it. Waiting so see their reaction.
A couple of the group approached me, but the leader – a male, probably around late-thirties with scruffy, blonde hair – simply rolled his eyes. He wasn't interested in me, it seemed. He wanted some real competition.
I clasped my hands behind my head and closed my eyes. It was quiet enough, if I just calmed down and stopped my heart from beating so fast, maybe I could go to sleep... And hopefully never wake up.
Then the group started to talk. Quiet mutterings, but with my eyes closed, my ears were pricked to hear the faintest sound.
“Anywhere?”
“None.”
I heard footsteps coming towards me, but I refused to stir. Let them kill me. It's what I wanted... Wasn't it?
I heard breathing, a presence so close it was almost ghostly. The rustling of clothes. An arm rested on the bar above my head, and the whole thing squeaked and strained at the effort to keep upright.
“Where're your friends?” The presence snarled.
I cracked an eye open. It was a young man, probably around Mitch's age. His eyes were menacingly black, his lips pink and dry. His face was only inches away from mine, half hidden by the shadow of his arm. He didn't look impressed.
“What friends?” I asked innocently. Honestly.
He didn't even wait for me to breathe. He grabbed my shirt, shoved me with surprising strength on the ground and pinned me down with his foot. He was wearing large, steel-toed boots, and they dug into my bruised ribs painfully. I clenched my teeth to keep from wincing. Behind the younger male, the leader cruised over, his long, ripped coat flowing behind him. He looked like the classic villain. “The others. Where are they?” He ordered.
The younger male crouched down beside me, still holding me own with his knee. He reminded me of Mitch, when he'd pinned me down to burn my leg back together. It sent a chill down my spine. “I can smell them...” The younger boy sneered, his pink lips pulling into a hungry smirk.
I narrowed my eyes just slightly. “What're you? Tracker dogs?” I attempted a chuckle, but it made me sound nervous and uneasy.
Then, out of nowhere, a hand clutched my leg.
Right on the burn.
I screamed suddenly, my face contorting with pain. My eyes scrunched closed, and I felt my entire body begin to tremble. Jesus Christ... That f*cking hurt.
Sweating, I turned my head, suddenly panting, to meet the face glaring straight at me, eyes boring into mine.
This was taking longer than expected.
“You ready talk?”
I shook my head.
“Leave it.” The leader shook his head and followed one of the figures who had started to study the rest of the room. He'd found the door towards the basement, and the large amount of people waiting fearfully for it to be safe to emerge, and was gesturing to it with a questionable look. He then took a huge wiff, and his suspicions were confirmed.
My eyes widened. No... I'd wanted to die, yes. But I didn't want to be responsible for all the defenceless people down there...
Jesus. I prayed they had weapons down there, and they knew how to use them.
The leader saw the look on my face, and grinned. He nodded to the one restraining me to drag me to my feet and he did so – by my hair – then twisted my arm behind my back. I nearly fell from the pain in my leg, but I knew if I did that the bastard would fair well break my arm, and I was in enough pain already.
This wasn't going to plan...
The leader started talking again as he wandered to the door, a gun in each hand. “There are six different sorts of killers in the world, mate.” He cocked his gun. “Firstly – Those who kill quickly. Efficiently. Secondly - those who enjoy making a murderous moment last forever. Third – those who kill the soul and leave the victims alive. Four – Those who kill accidentally, or in self-defence. Fifth – those who hunt to feed. And finally: those who hunt for the game. Us, we're generally Twos and Threes. We're always Sixes, no choice on that one. But sometimes we are nice. Sometimes we're Ones, but only when I'm in that sort of mood. Today...” He smirked at me. “I'm not in a 'One' mood. Bad luck, mate.”
I watched him for a moment, my heart sinking.
I wasn't going to see my family. Nor was I going to enjoy burning in the brink of Hell. I was going to suffer, slowly and painfully. And they were going to make me watch everyone die.
He chuckled, walked over and patted my cheek roughly. It was not a friendly gesture. I looked away, suddenly feeling sick.
The grasp on my arm slackened for a moment, but before I could even think about wriggling away I was hit in the head with the handle of something, shoved to the ground, both arms wrenched behind my back, and my head was shoved into the gravel. I grunted. But there was nothing else I could do.
“Let's see what's in here, shall we?” I could hear the leader saying, and fought the foot on my head to lift my gaze and see what was going on. The blonde man knocked on the door with the tip of his gun. “Hello... Come out, come out where ever you are!” He called mockingly in a sing-song voice. His comrades chuckled in a horrible chorus.
“Little pigs, little pigs...” He lowered his voice menacingly, grabbed the handle and slowly opened it. He peered inside. “Please let me in.”
My head was kicked back against the floor, and I clenched my teeth, trying to avoid swallowing dirt. I was as good as dead at that point, but unfortunately, I wasn't quite there.
Protect them... I prayed silently to the people I'd turned my back on down there. Please protect the others...

((Sorry, random twist. I couldn't think of anything for Danny to do other than sulk, and he's done enough of that already. So... Yeah Cool ))
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:13 pm

When Carder began ranting and raving at him, it took Mitch all of a second to flash white with rage. At first he remained patient, clenched fists shaking at his sides, but the more she went on, the less control he had, until finally-
A familiar scream wrought the silence asunder.
Mitch’s head jerked around like a puppet on a string, and he stared at the ceiling overhead – alert, listening – his anger for Carder completely forgotten.
That was Danny’s voice. He never forgot a scream. That was his f*cking scream!

Within a heartbeat, Mitch was on the move. He didn’t know what it was that kept him going back, time and again, but f*ck it all – Danny had some sort of sick hold over him… There was just something about that good-for-nothing motherf*cker that called Mitch to him – over, and over, and over… It was not even something as simple as ‘that’s my prey’ any more, because Mitch knew he couldn’t kill Danny. Hell, they all knew it.
Somehow, the weakest goddamn member of their group had become his Achilles’ Heel. And damn it to Hell – Mitch wanted to hate him for it.
But he couldn’t… He just couldn’t…

He was at the door without any recollection of getting there, and hearing the sneering voice on the other side so close sent chills down his spine.
Chills of icy excitement!
The door opened a crack, and Mitch’s dark eyes locked with the even darker ones of a hunting monster. The thing’s sneering, jeering voice dragged screams from the helpless refugees down below.
Sitting ducks. Mitch thought with ruthless satisfaction. Sitting f*cking ducks.
“Let you in, huh…?” Mitch purred softly, sneering at the monster before him. “With pleasure!”
A grin of sheer madness formed on his face, and he jerked the door toward him with such force that the monster toppled forward – losing its balance on the top stair.
Mitch had a steak knife ready to meet it.
He let it slide past him, and by the time it reached the bottom, it was dead.
Shae would pull his knife from its gut later, he was sure.

With a maniacal laugh, he stepped forward through the doorway, pulling a pair of pistols from his belt, and spinning one on each finger.
He gripped another knife between his teeth.
“Havin’ a good rest there, Danny?” He asked quietly, his words muffled by the knife – but his voice shaking in amusement.

He turned his attention to the monsters. “’The Hell you lookin’ at, huh? Come at me, Bitches! I’m bored as sh*t! I f*cking DARE you!”
He held up both pistols, facing his opposition, then threw his head back and laughed.

It was the sound of pure madness. Of pure, unfiltered happiness chained to an ill-disguised bloodlust. Mitch was in his element – and for the first time, it was obvious how his infamous reputation had grown.
He didn’t need to be a monster – he was already insane – totally and utterly insane, all on his own.
“COME AT ME!” He roared, firing angrily at the nearest monster in his impatient.
One, two, three shots to the chest…
“Aaaah, that feels so f*cking GOOD!” He crowed, grin stretching even wider, and exposing his teeth.
He looked like an animal. A wild animal…

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:25 pm

Shae watched as Danny left the bunker. The rumbles of the tornado had just barely stopped the minute before, and she was left alone next to a sobbing woman. She restrained herself from punching her in the jaw. Not everyone was as fearless as her. She also didn't want to mix it in with Mitch and Carder - that was his problem, and she knew he wouldn't want her intervening like an overprotective mother.
She certainly wouldn't appreciate it.
Then that scream filled the air.

Her gun was in her hand and aimed toward the top of the stairs before she knew it. That scream was one of pure pain and sheer terror. It wasn't made up, and whoever made it was desperate.
She now had something to live up to. (*cough* Bitch *cough)
Shae crouched down, her green eyes blazing and narrowed. Mitch was already at the top of the stairs, and he didn't look completely sane. It was like some instinct caused him to run up there and start screaming at those idiots.
She'd heard their description of the six types of killers. Interesting. She would remember that. Obviously she was a six - she killed for sport. That was the only reason. Annoyance didn't count, because there were other solutions. Like threatening. You didn't have to go all the way through it.
She was also a two. She never let her victims off easily - where was the fun in that? For the boys, she was a three. Now that was entertaining. Again, she thought of Danny. There could be some improvement in her behavior to him. Maybe lead him on a bit then drop the bomb.
Four? Maybe. If anyone was stupid enough to challenge her. Five? Yes. She killed to slake the thirst. The thirst for warm, wet blood to soak her hands. She killed to feel the satisfaction of the terror in their eyes. She killed to listen as their heart gave one last futile pump, and finally gave way.

Shae chuckled a little bit, and watched the scene, listening intently. The body crashed down the stairs, and people yelped, getting out of the way quickly as if it was diseased. She sighed irritably and moved forward cautiously, yanking the knife out after quickly locating it. Weapons were valuable, and Mitch needed it. Too bad. This was a fairly good knife.
She turned to Carder, tossing the knife up, watching it spin, and finally catching it by the handle, before wiping on the blood on the other girl's shirt. Her eyes smoldered, daring her to stand up for herself. They also said that if she did, the only thing it would get her was that very knife in the back.
Standing up for yourself got you nothing in Shae's eyes. No respect. No dignity. Just death.
Unless you were standing up to someone she hated, of course.

She glared at her one last time before looping the knife onto her belt and bounding up the stairs lithely, like a cat. She quickly located Danny, lying on a bunk bed, grimacing in pain like the idiot he was. She snorted and walked over, keeping her back to the wall and her eyes on the monsters. It was okay, though. They seemed preoccupied defending themselves from Mitch. Just in case, she drew her gun.
When she finally reached Danny, Shae smiled pleasantly at him. "Here's some painkillers. Can't have you making that face at me the whole time I'm treating your leg." She chuckled lightly to herself before drawing two pills from a container in her pocket. She'd snagged them from behind the desk when she grabbed the bullhorn. The owner would just assume they were 'blown away'.
She rolled her eyes and handed them to him, not bothering to watch him swallow. She turned and pulled the trigger, watching a bullet pierce the heart of a monster who'd switched its focus to her. It was a small girl who couldn't have been more than 18 years old. She had light brown hair and a very thin frame. She would have been pretty if it hadn't been for the maniacal glow that brightened her eyes.

"Hurry up, Danny-boy."
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:32 pm

Carder could have gone on, easily. However a scream from upstairs caught her attention and she said nothing else. She knew that Mitch knew the person, whoever it was, and was already gone. She figured it must have been Danny.
Sh*t.
Screams like that meant one thing: monsters. God, she knew they'd come eventually but not when they were freaking in the basement with nothing. She saw some people had been smart enough to grab weapons, but they weren't enough. She cursed again and started for the stairs, and watched as the body of a monster toppled down. Shae, naturally, grabbed the knife. Then she did something Carder would have gladly broken her neck for. She wiped the bloody knife on her. She stared down at her shirt in dismay. She had to be f*cking kidding, right now. But no, the dead monster's blood was smeared on her shirt. She looked up, fist clenched to punch the b*tch in the jaw, but she was already up the stairs.
"Soon enough, lass. Soon enough." She said under her breath, then grabbed a gun from a nearby boy, locked and loaded, then ascended the steps.

She had hardly reached the top when she shot one through the head, but the rest seemed to be dealing with Mitch. That was fine by her, she needed to make sure none of them came down the stairs. No way she was going to let those fothermuckers down those steps, not while she was still sane and breathing.
Carder took a deep breath and found Shae and Danny. Good, Danny was still alive. She still held true to herself, she wouldn't mind Shae getting killed. Someday she would, hopefully. Honestly, Carder wanted to be the one to blow her brains out. That'd be a satisfactory revenge. The red-head smiled to herself, and aimed her gun at another monster. She pulled the trigger and bam, that one was down too.
She kept the gun held up, her eyes simply daring the beasts to come near her.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:38 pm

[[I hate Shae. Why you gotta be such a bitch? Glad you like her, Polo. You can keep her. Then her and Mitch can have kids that will rule the world.]]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:39 pm

[I just love Batty how our female characters always, ALWAYS hate each other's guts xD]
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:59 pm

[[Dude I know. It probably has something to do with thay fact that my girls always have issues. Except for maybe Alicia. She was the most normal...]]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:03 pm

[Oh yeah! Mari and Alicia got along...just everyone else didn't...]
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:17 am

((Don't worry Batty, I feel the same way about Mitch. XD I love that psychopath... But I'm always like, "DAMNIT, MITCH, LET PEOPLE LIKE YOU!" XD Ah well. He's a douche. What can you do? Wink ))

Mitch ignored Shae, and left her to tend to Danny. He also ignored Carder when she came up behind him. Until, that is, he saw one of his monsters crumple to the ground, lifeless.
He hadn't shot that one. He knew he hadn't.
White-hot rage shot through him, and his eyes flashed black for a second as he wheeled around, and in one swift movement, fired a bullet straight at Carder's head. It missed, but it struck what remained of the wall just behind her, and plaster crumbled down - dulling her fiery hair with dust.
"NEXT TIME I WON'T F*CKING MISS!" Mitch bellowed, "YOU DON'T F*CK WITH MY PREY, BITCH!"
Veins stood up in his forehead, and he clenched his guns so tightly by the handles that his hands became bruised - but he resisted the urge to kill the girl.
Had Mitch been anybody else, this gesture would have been worth as much as a bloody hug...
Had it been anybody not from his group, he'd have killed them on the spot.

Facing toward Carder, with his back to the monsters, Mitch almost didn’t see the attack coming… He wheeled around just in time to catch the metal pipe swinging toward him, and with the resulting adrenaline, used it to throw the offending monster against the opposite wall.
More monsters were flooding through the doors now, attracted by the noise, and as Mitch fired shot after shot, all he could think was ‘I told you so.’

“Get Danny out of here!” He snapped to Shae. Then to Carder, “You just get the f*ck out of my sight! Go keep your little brood safe!” He snarled these words, then blasted down the front row of monsters to clear space toward the door.
He’d take on the entire flock single-handedly. He didn’t care. ((Stupid Mitchy. XD ))

So he raced right at them – shooting, stabbing, bashing, cutting.
Slowly their numbers dwindled, but Mitch was exhausted, and he began to let his guard down. Eventually there were only three standing – after the flock of perhaps twenty before.
Mitch had his attention locked on two, when a dying monster grabbed his ankle, and he spun with a growl to shoot its bloodied face.
That was when the third monster struck.
That same metal pipe from before dealt Mitch a hefty blow to the back of his head, and his vision flashed white with stars. He uttered a hiss of pain, and turned dizzily to fire a clumsy shot at the monster. Miraculously, it hit.
But he was swaying dangerously now, shaking his head in an impossible attempt to keep the world from swaying. One of the remaining monsters shot at him, and it was from pure luck that it missed. If Mitch moved a step, he knew he’d pass out.
His throbbing head brought more darkness to his eyes each second, and as Mitch realised consciousness was about to leave him, he fired a few last, desperate shots in the direction of the monsters.

Then he fell to the ground, out cold, blood gushing from his head to join that of his unfortunate victims.
So this is it… He thought grimly to himself.
Funny… Of all the great things I’ve done… The one I’m most proud of is protecting these stupid-ass mother f*ckers…
F*ck.
He chuckled into the darkness of his mind, That monster must have hit me bloody hard. I’ve totally lost my mind.

((Figured it was Mitch’s turn to play the victim, since he always thinks he’s so invincible. XD ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:31 am

The foot on my head barely gave me chance to see what was going on around me, but I could hear gunshots ringing out, flesh being ripped apart and bodies thudding to the rocky floor. I just prayed it wasn't the people from the basement dying around me.
Screams pierced my ears, desperate screams from below. Mitch shouted a few things, and I heard a snide comment about me 'having a rest', and I had a sudden urge to hit him. I might have done, had I not been totally restrained.
There were a few stray shots, and the monster pinning me down fell onto me, dead. I clenched my teeth to keep from screaming and shoved him roughly off, then climbed back onto the bed to catch my breath. I couldn't fight, yet I was surrounded by people that were struggling to fight off the monsters.
One of those people were Mitch.
I felt crap. I couldn't move. My leg hurt even more than it had before, and I was still battered and bruised from Mitch's beating. I'd be no help to anyone, whether I wanted to or not.
When Shae appeared with some pain killers, I took them cautiously and glared at her for a moment. She never had any reason to care about me, and she'd proved many-a-time that she didn't. Why start now?
Here's some painkillers. Can't have you making that face at me the whole time I'm treating your leg.
Treating what?
No. No way. No friggin' way.
I stared at the painkillers longingly, then scrunched my fist and swallowed them dry. I'd find out soon of they were poison, and knowing Shae, it was very likely. Still, if they killed me, I wouldn't mind.
However, if they gave me diarrhoea, I'd kill her.
“Er... Thanks sweetness, but no thanks. I ain't stupid, and I ain't letting you anywhere near my leg, or my tenders, any time soon. Thanks for the painkillers, though.”
I was surprised how grateful I was for them. If the pain lessened enough, maybe I'd have some will to live.
I looked over her shoulder, where Mitch was clutching his bloody head, obviously in pain. Mitch, in pain, was a rare sight. And it was never a good sign.
“Forget about me, Shae. Go grab Mitch before he passes out, would you?”
I don't know when I suddenly had the right to order anyone around, but Mitch was an important part of their group – their not our. If Mitch died and it was just Carder and Shae, they'd kill each other, for sure. Or, more likely, they'd go their separate ways and all this would have been for nothing.
Not only that, but he would have been killed... Because of me.
As much as I hated him, that had never been my intention.
“Someone... Just see if he's alright. Please?” I begged, looking up at her hopefully.

((I'm not fond of Danny, either. I mean, come on, he just decides to sit on a bed and feel sorry for himself whilst everyone else's fighting for their lives in front of him. Me thinks he either needs a sobbing session, or another Mitch beating. Cool ))
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:57 am

Shae chuckled as she heard Danny's voice. Obviously he didnt't trust her, which was good, but really. Why would she poison him with pills? She was so much more direct. Why would she give him the illusion of medication? It'd be easier to put a bullet in his head. But first his leg. Right on the burn. She rolledbherbeyes nd wwtched as the monster wacked Mitch across the head with the pipe. Ouch.
Calmly, she grabbed her gn and cocked it, firing three smooth shots into each of the heads.
Right thriugh their left eyes.
Perfect.
Shae turned around back to Danny. "Bloody want me to help everyone? Don't push your luck chum. You're lucky I'm helping you now and not just leaving you. As I said, I know medicine." She laughed. "And honestly, if I wanted to kill you right now, I would not be giving you the illusion that you're getting better. I would make you suffer."
She found herself getting closer abd closer to his face, until she was only an inch away. She laughed lightly and winked before moving away.
"Ayo, Carder. Come up and do something about Mitch will you?" She knew that Carder really wouldn't want to, especially after all the sh*t he had put Danny through. But she'd just have to get over it. Everyone would.

[[I love bashing my characters. But hey at least some people like Mitch Very Happy]]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:05 pm

[*sighs* Carder, why can't you make nice? Razz]

Well, Mitch definitely was not Carder's favorite person in the world. He was right down there with monsters and Shae(Carder hates her ._. Very Happy). She did nothing when he shot the bullet at her, just clenched her fist around her gun. However, she was careful not to pull the trigger. No use in having a bullet in your foot, especially now.
When she looked around again, Danny and Shae were together. She watched them for a moment before turning again. She saw Mitch falling to the ground, then heard Danny asking for someone to see if he was okay. Finally, she heard Shae. Casting her a dark glare over her shoulder, she made her way over to the stupid boy.
Carder looked down at him for a moment, assessing his wound. He hadn't done too bad, the monsters were all dead. She sighed, knowing he wouldn't want to wake up and see her.
"Well, that's just too bad, isn't it?" She asked him softly, then crouched down and scooped him up. Despite her strength, he was still quite the load. She had to walk a few steps before finally settling in a comfortable position.

Carder could hear others calling up to those downstairs, and could hear the thunder of footsteps as the people of the Warehouse rushed up the steps to see the damage. Some were already dragging the dead bodies away.
She looked down at Mitch, and carried him over to one of the beds. She chose the bed nearest to Danny that wasn't above him, and set the stoner down. She looked over at Shae.
"Can you take care of him now?" She asked, standing up and brushing her hands off on her pants.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:20 am

Mitch groaned indistinctly when he felt his body lifted from the ground - but if he tried to so much as move an eyelid, white lights flashed before his eyes again, and the sickening pain struck hard.
The wound on his head gushed blood.
Head wounds always bled a lot, and this was a bad one. He'd already lost a little blood after being stabbed in the side - but still, blood loss was the least of his problems.
He'd taken blows to the head before, but never like this. He wondered if he'd even wake up... If he'd fall comatose, or perhaps just die overnight?
He'd have a severe concussion, at best.
At worst, maybe a shattered skull. It was not unlikely, considering the force with which that pipe had hit him. He had killed enough monsters with a similar weapon to know how deadly it could be.

He just wanted to sit up, flash his patronizing grin, and scornfully tell the others that he'd be fine... That he wasn't weak, like them. This was nothing.
If only he could.
Instead his head pounded, and his stomach churned in the darkness. He heard a voice he thought to be Carder's, and realised that the others must have dealt with the remaining monsters, at least.
He wondered what they'd do... He supposed they'd try to help - but if he was still unconscious when the night was over, what then?
Would they leave him?
If their places were traded, he knew he would. It wasn't like they could drag him along, and the warehouse was too dangerous a place to sit and wait.
He wondered what the monsters would do if they found him comatose...
He wondered, and wondered, and wondered... Anything to distract from the pain.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:59 pm

[[Dreameh, didn't know if you knew but I'm kinda waiting on Danny's reaction to post xD]]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:25 pm

((Oh, sorry. XD *BLONDE* I shall get something typed, but don't get your hopes up Razz ))
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next