Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Polo and Jayneh

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Polo and Jayneh Empty Polo and Jayneh

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:37 pm

Right, so post your character... Smile I'll be working on mine. ^_^

So this RP is going to be mildly supernatural, right? Very Happy
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Polo and Jayneh Empty Re: Polo and Jayneh

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:01 pm

Name: Kern Sabbath

Age: 25, but generally assumed to be far older due to his general creepiness... O.o

Appearance: Short black hair, dark eyes, which don't seem to have any real colour. A slight shadow of stubble over his jaw, which is permanently clenched. He has heavy, dark eyebrows which are usually drawn together in a scowl. He gives off a creepy aura. Certainly the sort of guy you wouldn't like to find yourself alone with. He gives the impression of being a dangerous sort, or at the very least a little 'off'.
He tends to wear long, high-collared coats - or occasionally even cloaks - over simple, casual suits. Or occasionally dark jeans and leather jackets. No matter what he chooses to wear, it is always dark.

Other: Due to a variety of strange rumours circulating about his job, his history and his sanity - Kern has become something of a 'boogieman' for the town. The object of kids' dares, or of parents' threatening stories. Nobody really knows where he came from or who he is, only that he gives the impression of being a menace.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayneh Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:11 pm

Name: Miandra Jean Archado

Appearance (I hate typing it all out. xD)

Occupation: Right now, she works at the animal shelter. She's in college to be a musician.

Personality: She is rather bright. Friendly, and fearless. From a past relationship she vowed never to love again and stays away from people who make her upset. She's not afraid to throw a punch.
Jayneh
Jayneh

Location : 21 Second Star To The Right Street, a.k.a Neverland. ;) With Peter Pan my hubby. xP

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:36 pm

((Nice! Smile Will you start? ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayneh Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:01 pm

Miandra walked through the cemetery to find her mother's gave. It had been a while since she had been here. Still bitter about what had happened she hated visiting. But it had been a year since her mother had passed, so she figured she might as well go. With that she had dragged herself out of bed, managed to do her hair and put on some makeup. Her attire was barely nice, a pair of ripped skinny jeans and a stained t-shirt. Then again, she didn't care about much anymore. Working with the animal shelter and animal control didn't bring in much money. She tried, that was all that mattered. And when no one else would hire you, you stuck with wearing crappy clothes and barely being able to pay your rent. In the house your aunt owned. That was the problem, her aunt made her pay to live in one room of the house. The smallest room at that. She made it through life though, that was what mattered. As she came upon the grave she leaned down and brushed an insect off of it before kneeling down beside it. "Well, you left me..." She started, quite angrily.
"You f***ing left me!" She now hissed and pounded her fists against the stone. Her father had died when she was young and her mother had committed suicide a year ago. She was sick of not having a job. Though, she was nice enough to wait until Miandra was old enough to be on her own. Rolling her eyes slightly as she thought about this she then threw the bundle of daisies she had picked and placed her hands over her eyes. Why had everything gone downhill like this?

((Okay, I did. Razz))
Jayneh
Jayneh

Location : 21 Second Star To The Right Street, a.k.a Neverland. ;) With Peter Pan my hubby. xP

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:33 am

Kern perched on a headstone directly opposite where the girl knelt. He was barefoot, as he often was, for reasons known only to him. Pallid white toes seemed to glow in the moonlight, as they curved tightly around the crumbling edge of the old stone. Between his feet - his fingers gripped tighter still, like bony skeleton hands clutching to life.
It was a precarious post, yet Kern's balance was flawless. His coat billowed out around his shoulder's like a bat's wings, and even when the wind caught it and whipped it away, Kern's statue-like stance did not falter. He did this often - and he had lost track of the amount of times people had mistaken him for a statue.
Kern tilted his head slightly to one side, and watched with amusement as the girl raged at her dead mother.
"She can't hear you." Kern piped up finally, his voice so casually conversational that he might have been talking about the weather.
"Not any more..." And there his tone changed - becoming creepier, more shadowy... Wistful, perhaps?
With smooth, elegant movements - he leaped off the headstone, then walked slowly toward the girl, his hands clasped delicately behind his back.
"She had hoped you would understand..." He went on, speaking with a sort of detached pity - yet with a strange smug edge. "She regretted it afterwards. They always do..." He trailed off, since he had reached the grave now. Dark eyes stared down at the neatly raked dirt, the bright green grass springing up all around, and the out-of-place daisies lying in the heaped mound of the grave.
He snorted in amusement, and shook his head.
Flowers... As if the dead had any use for flowers.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayneh Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:19 am

Miandra let out a low growl before leaning back and shaking her head. Reality sucked, that was for sure.
Jumping slightly when she heard a voice from behind her she turned to face where the eerie voice had come from. Tilting her head to the side she stared at the figure. He was certainly interesting looking. Raising an eyebrow she then followed his movements until he was closer to her. Standing, towering above her.

"She had hoped you would understand..."

Miandra narrowed her icy eyes before glaring up at him. "How the hell would you know?" She asked him angrily, almost in a hiss.

"She regretted it afterwards. They always do..."

His words made her wonder what he was thinking? He was obviously the grounds keeper with the way he was dressed. Either that or he was just some creeper that liked to make people think he was the grounds keeper, then he attacked them and ate them alive. Well something like that at least. Biting her lip she once again raised her eyebrow.
"You didn't know her, how would you know what she regretted, and that she hoped I'd understand?" She asked rather annoyed that he thought he knew everything. No one knew dead people's thoughts. That's one thing she knew. "What did you talk to her right before she died or something?" Mia countered as she leaned back some more to look up at the man. "Lemme guess, she came to visit dad's grave and you had a nice little chat about her wanting to kill herself? Is that how it went?" This time she sounded a bit more sassy and she rolled her eyes, shaking her head. "Whatever." She muttered as she stood up slowly, kicking the daisies as she did so.
Jayneh
Jayneh

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:53 am

Kern responded with a fake smile, tilting his head slightly to one side. He found the girl's sarcasm rather offensive - not that it mattered. He was well used to it by now...
Still... He tilted his head slightly to the other side, and his smile widened. It would be fun to tell the truth. He never bothered trying to hide it - it wasn't like anybody ever believed him anyway. They all just thought he was a nutter. A lunatic, even...
"I never spoke to her." Kern announced quietly as the girl turned to walk away.
"But she spoke to me. They all do - before they pass on..."
There was that odd wistful voice again, hovering for just a moment before Kern lapsed into silence.
He turned away then - but before he walked off, he added one final comment.
"Don't punch my gravestones in future. I work hard to keep this place looking respectable."
With that, he began walking away - back towards the little cabin in the corner of the cemetery. This was where Kern lived. Alone, of course. Nobody knew what had happened to his family... Perhaps he'd never even had one?

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayneh Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:36 pm

Miandra's eyes narrowed more at every one of his words.

"But she spoke to me. They all do - before they pass on..."

So maybe her mother came and talked to this man. That was possible. Maybe he just didn't talk back. But then the last part hit her. What the hell was wrong with him? He was insane. How would he talk to every person that was buried here before they passed on? Did they have secret meetings here? Or did he kill them? Raising a dark eyebrow she then shifted slightly and waited for him to say more. When he turned to walk away she let out a small sigh. A relieved sigh. Maybe he was just a murderer of some sort. Some bad guy that was just creepy, and pulled you into his trap. Because this man, certainly was creepy.

"Don't punch my gravestones in future. I work hard to keep this place looking respectable."

Mia then looked down at her bleeding knuckles and winced. Quite frankly she hadn't even been sure of what she was doing at the time. Brushing her red hair out of her face she fiddled slightly with her lip piercing. She knew she had ought to leave. But something compelled her to follow this man. To find out what he was talking about, and why he thought he could hear the people as they passed on. Either into glory, or eternal destruction. Thinking for a brief moment before walking after him she was silent for a few seconds before breaking the silence.
"Wait!" She called after him as she approached him. Not reaching out as she was compelled to do, she just simply walked along beside this tall, dark man. He certainly was tall. Strangely he was rather handsome at that. Definitely not model material, but he wasn't ugly, that was for sure.
"What do you mean the speak to you?" Mia asked rather quickly as she struggled to keep up with his long strides.

((Me thought Polo would be away... Sad))
Jayneh
Jayneh

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:50 pm

((I leave tomorrow morning. Smile

And I haven't managed to get a laptop yet... D: *Wails* So I doubt I'll be on much. O.o If at all... *Sigh* ))

Kern heard the girl calling after him, be he did not wait for her. He didn't see why he should. If she was curious, she would follow... And she did. He was surprised, in a way, that she hadn't run off, or at the very least parted with a few words of mockery.
She was different, that was for sure - but in all honesty, he didn't really care.
"What do you mean the speak to you?"
He turned slowly to look at her, watching her thoughtfully, then stopped walking. His unblinking gaze fixed on her, and his face creased into one of those strange, detached smiles that made him seem even more creepy than ever before.
"I hear them." He said simply, "In my mind, I hear them thinking. Waiting... Waiting for the reaper."
His unfocused eyes lifted away from the girl's face, and turned toward the moon - glinting eerily with its bright reflection
The girl would think him crazy. He didn't care... He knew that it wasn't true. He was normal... Just ordinary... No different to anybody else.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayneh Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:03 pm

Miandra was glad when he finally stopped walking. He had the longest legs. Letting out a small huff of air she waited for him to speak.

"In my mind, I hear them thinking. Waiting... Waiting for the reaper."

Now she was thoroughly confused. Wow, this man was completely and utterly crazy. Tilting her head to the side she waited before biting her lip.
"So, you are like - what?" She asked him rather curiously.
What would they call someone like this? He was plain old strange. He thought he could hear people who were dead. Suddenly she wanted to know more.
"What exactly did she think? Or say?" Mia questioned him somewhat suddenly. She wanted to know. This was something important to her. Feeling rather out of place she shifted awkwardly and played with her lip piercing with her tongue again. She wasn't scared, just nervous and somewhat confused was all.

((Ahhh! okay. Well tis sad that you're going to leave. And not have a laptop! I'm going to cry! Sad))
Jayneh
Jayneh

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:20 pm

((I can get my mother's old, broken one. But the mouse doesn't work, so I doubt it will help me much. :/ Still, if I can get it to the site, then all I have to do is type and hit enter! XD ))

Kern fixed the girl with a cold glare, watching her appraisingly. She wasn't making any sense, and this annoyed him greatly. He could see from her face, though, that she thought he was insane.
Why should he answer her question if she thought he was just some creepy old nutjob?
"I don't remember, exactly." Kern lied, shrugging vaguely. "What I already told you is all I know. Now if you don't mind, I got off work 3 hours ago, and I'd rather like to eat my supper before it gets too late."
He nodded callously to her, then turned away and continued in his long, loping stride toward his house.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayneh Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:33 pm

Mia let out a small groan and smacked her palm to her head. "Okay, thanks." She said before turning to walk away. With that she stopped and turned back to face him. Even though he was walking away she didn't care.
"I'm Miandra by the way." She told him, loud enough so that he could hear her clearly. Then again she didn't know if he could hear her clearly, but if he wasn't deaf she was sure he could. Standing where she was she waited, for a reply. Hoping for a reply at least. If he didn't reply, she wouldn't know his name, she wanted to know his name. Just in case she decided to come back that was. Letting out a small sigh she then waited, and waited for this man to break the silence.

((Awwwhhh. Sad I hope you get it working. Or something working. xD))
Jayneh
Jayneh

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:52 pm

((My instructor has said I can use her Blackberry... But it hates me. XD ))

Kern paused when the girl introduced herself, hesitating a moment before glancing back over his shoulder. His eyes held hers in silence for a moment - deep and searching, yet still with a strange, eerie detachment.
"That's a strange name." He replied finally.
He said nothing else - not bothering to introduce himself - and simply continued the walk to his cabin. He wiped his bare feet on the mat, then turned the heavy, rusty old key in the door. The lock clicked gloomily, and the heavy oak door swung open with a creak.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayneh Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:58 pm

Miandra rolled her eyes and backed away. Nodding to herself. She was silent as she walked away from the cemetery. Apparently she wouldn't know his name. She wouldn't know anything at all about this man. He was so mysterious to her. So interesting, she wanted to know more about him. Anything about him. A name, an age. Something. Shrugging to herself she lingered at the gate for a moment, wishing he would for some strange reason be compelled to follow her. Maybe he would, maybe he wouldn't. Shifting slightly she let out a small sigh and waited. Simply waited. It had to be at least be midnight, yet she didn't care.

((Ohh good!!! Very Happy well it's not good that it hates you though. xD))
Jayneh
Jayneh

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:19 pm

Kern went into his cabin and had his soup. When he was finished, it was just after midnight. He stared thoughtfully at his watch for a moment, then pulled on his rubber boots and headed back out into the night. He couldn't sleep. He seldom could, with the frightened voices whispering to his mind. If he was to be completely honest, he hated it. He couldn't remember the last time he had managed to get a decent night's sleep.
Kern yawned as he stumbled out into the cold night. He approached his favourite gravestone, and perched himself on top of it - just as he always did. Surveying the graveyard like an eerie gargoyle.
He was cold without his coat... He wondered where it had blown to.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayneh Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:20 pm

((I'm stumped as to what to do.))
Jayneh
Jayneh

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:24 pm

(("He was cold without his coat... He wondered where it had blown to." *Hint hint* Smile ? ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayneh Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:27 pm

Mia narrowed her eyes and began to walk away when the man never came out. That was when she felt something hit against her back. Turning around she grabbed it. This was his coat? Wasn't it? A small smile crept onto her lips and she clutched it tightly. Holding onto it she walked back into the cemetery, rather quickly at that. When she neared the grave he was perched upon she tilted her head and held it out. "Lost this..."
Jayneh
Jayneh

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:37 pm

Kern blinked in surprise when he heard a voice beside him - not in his head for once, but outside. Right there. It was real...
Miandra. That was her name, right...?
"Thank you." Kern replied suspiciously, taking the coat from her. He had to relinquish his grip on the headstone to do so, though, and he soon felt himself losing his balance - so he jumped down, and landed softly on the heaped mound of earth beside the stone. His feet his the ground with cat-like precision, and he slowly straightened - slipping his arms through the sleeves of the cloak.
He shivered slightly as the last of the chill left him, then glanced curiously toward Miandra.
"You're not scared of me." The words sounded like they should have formed a question, but the tone of Kern's voice proved this to be a statement. He didn't expect a reply.
He watched her a moment, then seemed to become distracted again - his eyes sliding out of focus as he turned to stare off down toward the other end of the graveyard.
Somebody was slipping away into the afterlife... He could feel it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayneh Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:47 pm

Mia watched him through the moonlight as he took the coat out of her hands.
"You're welcome." She replied, standing perfectly still as she did so. She didn't really want to move, just stay where she was. That was all. When the man got down off the headstone she was slightly surprised.

"You're not scared of me."

"No, I'm not afraid of you. Not in the least bit." She told him proudly as she leaned back against a headstone. "And you never told me your name..." She trailed off, hinting that she would like to know his name at least. Noticing how he seemed to be distracted easily she just shrugged it off. Staring down at the ground she waited.
Jayneh
Jayneh

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:56 pm

"You're a strange girl." Kern pointed out mildly as he turned back to her - considering her thoughtfully.
"And you never told me your name..."
These words rang through his head, and for a second he glanced around at the graves in confusion, since this was rather a strange dying thought to hear... But then he remembered that it was a mere memory of what Miandra had asked earlier. He sighed quietly, then replied simply, "You never asked."
Usually he would have left it at that, but this time he felt certain that Miandra genuinely did want to know his name. And he had no reason not to tell her - so he did.
"It's Kern." Came his simple response.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayneh Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:00 am

Mia raised her eyebrow slightly. And he thought her name was strange? Kern, it made her think of kernels of corn. How horrid. Biting her lip she simply nodded. This man was extremely interesting. As she ran her hand through her hair she shifted.
Tilting her head slightly she let out a sigh. "I am a strange girl, I'll give you that." She said with a small smirk as she leaned against the headstone. For some reason she wasn't scared at all of this man. For all she knew he could grab her and shove her into his house, rape her and who knew what. But he hadn't yet, he probably would have already if he had planned to. Shrugging slightly to herself she scratched her neck uncertainly.
Jayneh
Jayneh

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:06 pm

"Very strange." Kern agreed with a nod, leaning back against a big marble sculpture behind him and regarding her curiously. "So your mother killed herself?" He questioned curiously - not sounding pitying or sympathetic, but merely conversational. Death surrounded him all the time... Any fear, drama or romance surrounding it had long since vanished for him. It was just a part of everyday life - like sports, or the weather.
"There've been more suicides lately..." He commented mildly, glancing along the rows of graves thoughtfully. "In the last week, I've buried three. They usually regret it afterwards..." He shrugged, then glanced thoughtfully toward her, curiously awaiting her response.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayneh Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:59 pm

"So your mother killed herself?"

Mia nodded, chewing her lip slightly. But she didn't say anything at first. It was like a stab in the heart. A reminder of why she was standing in this cemetery in the middle of the night. The reason she was relying on drugs and blades for relief of her pain. Angry tears stung in her icy blue eyes and she shifted slightly. Why did he have to bring that up? He apparently knew what happened to the people who died and what their final thoughts were.

"They usually regret it afterwards..."

"How do you know that?" She asked rather curiously as she stood straighter.
Jayneh
Jayneh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next