Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

!! Polo and Abba RP

2 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

!! Polo and Abba RP - Page 3 Empty Re: !! Polo and Abba RP

Post  Abba is back in school Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:41 am

Rorie watched the situation unfold uncomfortably and when Dash headed towards the door she spoke again. "Thanks, Dash." she said before dad just stared dumbfounded. "That better have been all" was all he muttered before letting Dash leave and then heading over to comfort his daughter.

==skip to something else XD==
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

http://kaydeniro.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:45 am

Dash didn't arrive at school until the following Wednesday - but when he did, he was his usual, cheerful self. He hadn't managed to find a replacement cellphone yet, so he hadn't managed to contact Robin - but he figured Rorie would fill her in on what had happened.

Before school on Wednesday, he went off in search of the pair of them - greeting friends here and there on the way. He looked rather exhausted, judging by the dark rings under his eyes, but his actions didn't show it.
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:53 am

Rorie had explained the situation to Robin on Monday. Robin, of course, took the optimistic approach and returned the explanation with a pat on the back and "I'm sorry - BUT now you know what Dash is made of!" the tone wasn't very reassuring though and Rorie was now proceeding to jump at a lot of things without meaning to. Rorie still left out the memory loss - ashamed of it all - and attempted to go through like nothing happened. It failed, and as the week wore on she looked even worse than she had after the attack. She was jittery - jumping at even the sound of people walking by if she hadn't seen them - and so pale it looked like she might be sick at any second. And while she felt like that she really wasn't going to be. Robin insisted that today they sit out away from the people, slightly concerned by how Rorie seemed to be worsening instead of getting better. "Maybe you should talk to the counsler hunn," she suggested and Rorie simply shook her head. "No. I'm fine. I just have to get used to this," she muttered, running her fingers through her hair and leaning back against the tree. This was stupid - her reactions. And she just wanted it to stop. Closing her eyes she attempted to block out everything - but it wasn't difficult to hear Robin's scream of "DASH!!!!" and the scurry of feet as she catapulted herself over to him and dragged him to the tree. "YOU SAVED HER!" and then Robin seemed to get serious "But she's freaking out over everything. I can't even get her to be calm!" she complained - mainly because she didn't want to see her friend like this. "And you look like you haven't slept in weeks. DASH!" she said, crossing her arms and looking between them "What am I supposed to do with you two, huh?"
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:02 am

"Robin!" Dash grinned, happy to see his friend. He laughed when she grabbed his arm, but allowed himself to be dragged to the tree. He ignored Robin's endless string of chatter, and just gave her an affectionate nuggie in response.
"I've been working late." He explained simply when she mentioned his lack of sleep.
"Rorie," He added, turning his attention to his new friend, and walking over to her. "How're you holding up? You still look pretty shaken." He smiled sympathetically, and ruffled her hair in a friendly fashion.
"Try not to over-think it, okay? It's over now, right?" He flashed that contagiously positive smile of his, and sat down beside her with a weary sigh, leaning back against the tree.

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:06 am

Robin let out a grumble as he messed up her hair before sitting down on the other side of him and watching as he talked with Rorie who opened her eyes begrudgingly before letting out a short breath. "If only it were that easy," she whispered, looking up to him as she wrapped her arms around herself. Then, a few seconds later, her mind finally registered the fact he had messed up her hair and she tediously fixed it with a tiny sigh. "I'm... about the same as I was before anyways. Sorry about my dad," she managed to add in there - feeling bad for the way her dad had reacted. She hadn't planned on him being mad. Hell she hadn't planned on falling asleep on top of Dash either.
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:17 am

Dash shrugged, smiling complacently, "That's okay. It's nice how much he cares about you."
He sighed, gazing up at the early morning light filtering through the leaves above him.
"You have to stop stressing so much." He scolded Rorie, poking her playfully in the side, "If you keep dwelling on these things, you'll go nuts, trust me!" He laughed lightheartedly - but for a moment it seemed there was something forced in his smile. Robin shot him a questioning glance - but when Dash winked at her, she just shrugged it off, deciding she'd probably imagined it.
"So," Dash went on, changing the subject, "Who's going to catch me up on the maths I missed?"
"Not me!" Robin shot back quickly, pulling a face.
"Is it that bad?" Dash groaned dramatically, "I should just drop out and become a street sweeper."

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:22 am

When he poked her side she jerked away laughing a little as she was ticklish. "That's just not fair," she muttered, rolling her eyes before poking him back. "I could try - but I can't promise it'll even be right" she added before shrugging. At the street sweeper comment she just shook her head. "You are not allowed to do that." she complained, arching an eyebrow and crossing her arms before looking at him. "It's not too difficult - if you try. Which... apparently none of us are doing..." she said with a tiny sigh. This was going to be interesting, now wasn't it.
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:30 am

"Speak for yourself!" Dash laughed, "I just don't get the stuff."
"Maybe you'd get it more if you didn't skip school so much." Robin pointed out, raising an eyebrow. Dash just stuck his tongue out childishly at her.
"Seriously, though." He said, turning back to Rorie, "Would you mind looking over it with me? I could really use the help, with exams coming up..."
He gnawed on his lip thoughtfully, wondering just how he'd make it through his exams. It wasn't like he could stop working... He needed the money. But if he was working, how was he supposed to put in enough studying to pass?
It wasn't that he was stupid... He was just exhausted - and frankly he struggled to find enough time for his schoolwork...

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:52 am

Rorie nodded her head, "It's the least I can do. You know where my house is now so just stop by whenever. I don't have enough of a social life to warrant you showing up to an empty house." she said with a shrug. Gently she pushed her hair out of her face before looking back at Robin with a confused expression then looking towards Dash "What' with this skipping school?" she questioned, raising an eyebrow.
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:20 am

"Are you sure your Dad won't shoot me if I turn up out of the blue?" Dash chuckled, only half joking. "And it's not the I want to skip school," He added, replying to Rorie's question, "But I've got to work as well, and sometimes there just isn't time for both." He offered a smile, then quickly changed the subject, before the conversation could stray too far into his personal life.
"So, usually I'd call you to arrange something, but since I don't have a phone any more..." He rolled his eyes, "How about I stop by tomorrow? We can study for Thursday's test together."
Robin started snickering deviously in the background, and Dash shot her a dirty look.
He didn't know what 'study' meant in her sick mind, but to him, it actually meant study!

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:28 am

"I'll make sure to clear the house of the guns," she teased before looking at Robin as she snickered at the idea. She just cocked an eyebrow at her. What was so wrong with studying? "That sounds good," she said with a tiny smile at Dash. "And what kind of job would you work that interferes with school? That doesn't sound like a very good job..." she said, tilting her head to the side ever so slightly as she furrowed her eyebrows together.

((she doesn't know when to drop XD))
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:43 am

"Ah, this and that..." Dash replied airily, scratching his head with an awkward chuckle. Robin shot him a curious glance. It hadn't occurred to her before, but she'd never really asked Dash about his work... Or if she had, they somehow always ended up talking about something more interesting. Still - now Rorie brought it up, she was curious, too.
"I just take whatever part time work I can get." Dash went on, flashing a casual smile. "Stuff like waiting tables, cleaning pools..."
"Stripping?" Suggested Robin with a cheeky grin.
"Come now Robin, I'm not looking to be a millionaire..." Dash joked in response, and Robin burst out laughing. Dash just chuckled and shook his head.
He flashed a wink at Rorie, then got to his feet with a grunt.
"Come on you lot. Let's get to class."

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:57 am

Rorie just shook her head. "That doesn't sound like much of a job, mr. change-subjects" she muttered before standing up and following the rest of them towards the classes.

==we can skip to the study date if you'd like XD==
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:10 pm

((Sounds good. Smile ))

On Wednesday afternoon, Dash pulled up outside Rorie's house, and buckled his helmet to the handlebars of his bike before jogging up to the door.
He ran his fingers through his hair, feeling faintly stressed, and knocked lightly on the door.
He knew he had to study - but he also had to work, and every minute that he wasn't earning money seemed to tease him.
Still, this was more important. He couldn't get by doing odd jobs forever - he had to get an education so he could actually find a proper career, and generate some steady income...
Hence, the test was his first priority. He just hoped Rorie would be able to help him - because that maths was going right over his head...

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:17 pm

Rorie opened the door with a smile. "The knives are locked away and the guns are hidden so you're safe," she teased before letting him into the house. "I'll go grab the homework" she added before rushing up the stairs to get her textbook and then sat down at the table spreading it out. "What do you want to start with?" she asked twirling her pencil around in her hands.
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:25 pm

"Thank goodness!" Dash replied, slapping his hand over his heart dramatically. He grinned, and followed Rorie into the house - waiting in the living room while she ran upstairs to get the homework.
They sat down at a table, and Rorie asked what he wanted to start with. Dash stared helplessly at the mess of confusing figures in front of him, and suggested weakly, "One plus one?" Then he laughed, and swept his fringe out of his face before answering more seriously, "Let's start with the derivatives. I just can't get the hang of those - and I still don't understand how they relate to graphs..." He groaned, taking out his own math book, and slapping it down on the table.

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:30 pm

((i'm staring blankly at the screen going - what? xDD so i'm skipping through this math stuff with general terms XD))

Rorie laughed "Two" and then slowly began to work into the stuff he asked for. It was quiet simple and it was just the way the teacher seemed to be teaching it to everyone that was stumping them. She gave him a few practice problems before sitting back and waiting to check his answers.
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:35 pm

((Matric maths. XD *Facepalm* ))

Dash had to admit, the way Rorie explained this stuff made it seem way more simple. He caught on quickly, now, and worked through the practice problems without a hitch. "I finally get it!" He exclaimed happily, "I was just making it difficult for myself..." He rolled his eyes, then slammed his book shut. "Thanks, Rorie. I seriously needed that."

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:39 pm

((urmmm yea... no clue what you're going on about XDD))

Rorie laughed. "Not a problem" she said before getting up and getting a water. "Want anything before you head out?" she asked quietly, still holding the fridge open and watching him.
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:46 pm

((Year 12? Final year of school? XD ))

"Got coke?" He asked, "Or anything with caffeine in it, really. I could do with an energy boost." He smiled gratefully, and packed his books back into his bag, before getting up and following Rorie to the kitchen.
He still some work at the burger place that evening before he could go home; yet he already felt ready to fall asleep.
He'd been working his ass off since the mugging - because he had to try make back the money that was stolen on top of his usual monthly income to make ends meet. And on top of that, he still needed to save up to replace his cellphone...
Yup, it was going to be a tough month. He supposed he'd just have to sacrifice some sleep...

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:51 pm

((-going into year 11-))

Rorie nodded her head before pulling out the coke from the fridge and handing him it. "Don't overwork yourself, okay?" she whispered before letting out a small sigh. He looked exhausted - he didn't deserve to have to work so much.
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:57 pm

(( Close enough. Wink ))

Dash took the coke from Rorie with a muttered word of thanks, and downed it in a few gulps. He smiled gratefully in response to her concern, and replied simply, "I'll try."
If only I had that luxury...
"Thanks again." He added, tossing the empty coke can into the bin, and flashing Rorie another smile.
"I'd best be off." He announced, grabbing his bag, and showing himself to the door. "See you tomorrow, then. Enjoy your evening."

Dash left Rorie after that, and headed off to put in a few hours of work at the burger place. It was after eleven by the time he got home - but he still sat down to study.
He had no idea what time it was when he finally fell asleep on his books.

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:05 pm

Rorie arrived at school the next day and sat down in her usual spot, not so certain as to where Robin was. She hadn't seen her all day yesterday and she couldn't find her this morning - so she was beginning to wonder if she was just going crazy or what was going on. Silently, she pulled out her book and began to read again.
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:17 pm

((ROBIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! D: ))

Dash arrived at school late that morning. He had overslept, and barely had time to jump in and out of the shower before he sped off to school. He hadn't even had breakfast.
He fell into his seat just as the bell rang, and the teacher began handing out the tests. He didn't even have time to greet Rorie and Robin - wherever she was.

The test wasn't quite as bad as Dash had anticipated. He handed it back feeling relatively confident that he had passed, and for the first time that day, he relaxed enough to resume his usual smiling.
He waited for Rorie outside the class, and greeted her with a smile.
"You seen Robin today?" He asked her curiously, "It's not like her to miss a test."

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:22 pm

((She's not dead yet. I was thinking she died at a party XD))

Rorie shook her head. "No. I was hoping that you had..." she said, running her fingers through her hair. Not ten minutes later though, at the start of the next class, did Robin appear looking utterly exhausted. Rorie sent her a questioning glance but didn't want to push.
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next