Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Polo and Dreameh's short RP. (Mature Content) (Old Posts)

2 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Polo and Dreameh's short RP. (Mature Content) (Old Posts) - Page 19 Empty Re: Polo and Dreameh's short RP. (Mature Content) (Old Posts)

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:49 am

((It's so weird playing a character who can't ride... XD I can't remember what it was like. Razz Hehe!))

"Well, thank goodness for that film!" Leon concluded with a laugh, slapping Jasper's moist neck cheerfully. The gelding snorted, and gradually slowed into a lazy walk. Leon could hear the horse breathing heavily, so he loosened the rains a little and let Jasper plod along. At Abby's question, Leon turned to her, and thought for a moment. "No..." He replied carefully, "Not that I remember, anyway. I might've done some pony rides when I was a kid..." He shrugged. "What about you? You look pretty good up there yourself." He added with a grin.
It took him a moment to realise that his words had come out slightly wrong, but he didn't bother correcting himself. Abby could take the comment however she liked - either way, it was true.
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Polo and Dreameh's short RP. (Mature Content) (Old Posts) - Page 19 Empty Re: Polo and Dreameh's short RP. (Mature Content) (Old Posts)

Post  Dreambug Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:10 pm

((Neither can I! Razz It's weird... o.0
LMAO! I don't know whether I took Leon's comment the right 'wrong' way, but I still find it rather funny. Bless my little sick mind ^_^))

"Up here?" I asked quizzically, glancing down at myself with confusion.
"Oh, you mean on the horse? I know!" Perhaps I shouldn't have sounded so smug, but I couldn't help it. To say I'd only galloped once, and since that was an accident, I'd done pretty good, too. My face beamed in the late afternoon (or whenever it is o.0) sun, causing my skin to look pinker than usual. I felt Misto slow below me and I found my back slump tiredly.
Wow... I'd forgotten how tiring horseriding is.
"Thanks, anyway. I came here once or twice back at the care home. Every now and then they'd get enough donations totake us all out for the day. Sometimes it was to a farm or a museum, other times, we came here. One time - I think I was around fourteen at the time - we went on a ride across the beach and my horse spooked at something. Then I got confused, so I started pulling the reins and kicking the horse forward at the same time, and aparently you're not supposed to do that. The poor nag got so confused it leapt into a gallop and darted off to the other end of the beach. Goodness knows how I stayed on." I smiled fondly at the memory, vaguely aware that I was staring absent-mindedly into the distance, a faraway look clouding over my eyes.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:26 pm

((No worries, I just read over it - and I worded it very badly. XD No matter - your sick little mind made up for my mistake. Wink Hehe! I applaud the way you took that comment, Miss Dreameh! XD ))

"Sounds like quite the experience." Leon laughed, imagining Abby clinging to a horse's neck as it dashed off along a beach... He chuckled slightly at the thought. Nudging Jasper into a trot, Leon pushed the gelding over until he was plodding alongside Mistro, then he brought him clumsily back to a walk, and flashed Abby a bright grin - the sort that might have been considered charming, except that Leon looked more like an excited kid than a polite gentleman. "So!" He began eagerly, "Where are we going next? The day isn't over yet, after all."

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:43 pm

((You didn't word it tht badly, don't worry. It's just me being... Well, me. XD
This may sound really random... but at a gala or theme park have you ever been on the Waltzers?))

Leon's bright, cheerful voice brought me abck to the present and I cocked my head in a pondering fashion. There was a question... Where to next?
"Well, let me think... Lose my virginity..." I looked at him, clicking my fingers warningly(don't know if that was a word, but it is now. Cool ). "No, before you ask. I think I'll wait before I tick that one off. Erm..."
Funny... I hadn't actually planned any of this. Perhaps I should have written an actual list down.
My eyes wandered down past the clifftopss we'd been riding alongside, where the waves were slowly creeping towards the rocky area at the base of the cliffs. I gestured downwards. "That way. I don't suppose you've ever surfed before, have you?" I blinked innocently.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:07 pm

((Meh. XD Haha!
I am not sure what you mean by a gala, and I don't know what 'the Waltzers' are... Razz ))

Leon blinked in surprise at what Abby said next... He had not been expecting that...
In the time it took him to realise that she wasn't being serious, he felt heat rush to his face, and ended up blushing beet red. "Uh..." He stammered nervously, but before he could make a complete fool of himself, Abby continued speaking - and he recognised the comment as a joke.
A bad one.
"Abby, you can't mess with me like that." He laughed, taking one hand off the reins to brush his fringe away from his hot face. The helmet was making his head sweat, and he felt sticky. "I may be your friend, but I'm still a guy." He chuckled again - slightly nervously - then shrugged off the moment, and turned Abby's next suggestion. Which, admittedly, was a far less nerve-racking one.
"I actually have done a little surfing." He replied with a smile, "I did enjoy it, though I'm not very good at it. Shall we take these nags back and rent a couple of boards?" He patted Jasper's neck, and clicked the gelding on toward the stables - glancing back over his shoulder to wait for Abby's response.

((Wow, awkward much? XD That shocked me, I admit. Razz Haha! ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:26 pm

((A Gala is like a temporary 5-day theme park, and the Waltzers are a ride I went on. They're basically large, metal cup things with a chunk cut out of them where they stick a small bar for you to hold onto. then some very mean men with tattoos come over and spin you. It's very violent, and I've got a lump in the back of my head from where it kept hitting the back of the cup thingy. o.0 I nearly threw up.
And I'm mentally scarred. Rolling Eyes
Thought I'd interest you with that fascination piece of info. Razz

"Sorry..." I mused, biting my lip in amusement. Oh dear... He'd actually taken me seriously? It wasn't like I'd actually trust him under the covers after what he'd done - or tried to do - to me.
Still, it was rather cute that he'd got that embarassed just at the thought.
"And are you serious?" Finally! Something he could teach me to do, instead of it being the other way round. I was rather tired of being his mentor and having to treat him like a little boy. He deserved better than that. "That's good then. Now it's time for me to make a fool of myself."
I grinned at the thought.
"And you're paying. But we may also have to rent a swimsuit because I don't exactly have one with me."
I clicked my tongue lightly, squeezed Misto's sides and we plodded on after Leon and Jasper. "Just one more..." I promised her softly and squeezed her once more until the began cantering on after him. "How 'bout one last race?" I asked, grinning challengingly.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:36 pm

((Oh no, that sounds awful! D: I went in something like that when I was 5... Thought I was getting in an innocent little teacup ride... Then the teacups began spinning madly on these little platforms that also spin madly while the whole ride is spinning madly at the same time... It was awful. I passed out for a moment, and I was terrified of theme parks for almost 10 years afterwards. XD Hehe! ))

"You'll need a proper wetsuit, or you'll freeze." Leon pointed out, smirking smugly - for once, he actually knew what he was talking about. Well... Almost.
When Abby suggested one last race, Leon nodded eagerly, then gathered up his reins. "Don't fall off!" (Like Polo did on Saturday... XD) He teased, sticking his tongue out at her before kicking Jasper into a gallop. The horse lunged forward, and this time Leon was ready for it. He found himself moving with the horse now, and the feeling of unity was incredible. He felt a grin stretch over his face, and laughed in sheer exhilaration as the wind rushed past his ears.
This beat the HELL out of lying in a cold hospital bed.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:18 pm

((Bleh, that's pretty much what they are. Violent tea cups. -_- Except the big wheely thing that causes them all to go round, with the Waltzers it goes up and down as well as round and round. Then, of course, the tattood guys come and spin you, and I honestly felt like I was going to fall out of the thing. The bad thing is, the more you scream, the more they spin you. And obviously, a scream of terror and exciteable scream sounds exactly the same to them. Shocked
I'm terrified of rollercoasters, mostly. I went on a little ride called the Ladybird, and every single time it went down the little drop thing I felt like I was going to die. -_- ))

"Wetsuit it is!" I shouted, digging my heels deeper and deeper into Misto's sides. Obviously she could sense that we were headed home, and quickened her pace increasingly. So much so that I had to really grab onto a huge chunk of mane to stop myself from losing balance.
"Steady there..." I said shakily, watching as she snorted and sped past Jasper with ease, ears pricked forward.
She obviously knew where she was going. And I was winning the race, for once...
I don't know what it was or where it appeared from, but Misto lost her footing. Just for a second, and it sent her toppling to her knees with a jolt. I was totally unprepared for this and went flying over her neck with a sharp scream, landed on my side and began rolling down the steep, grassy hill towards the cliff edge.
Something jabbed me in the side, my head - thankfully protected my my helmet - thudded against all sorts of rocks and bumps in the ground. But I didn't stop rolling. Nor could I stop myself.
I don't know how long I'd been travelling downwards for, but those few terrifying moments seemed to last like a lifetime until I finally knew what was going on. I opened my eyesto find myself facing the roots of a small, frail tree.
Right beside the cliff edgel.
Panicking, I grabebd the trunk and carefully edged my way away from the edge. But there was no more grass, only rocks, sand and grey dirt to move around in.
What's more, it was slippy and deadly steep.
"Leon..." I choked, spitting out a vile taste of muck and goodness-knows-what to the side of me, gripping onto the trunk for dear life
I tried to look for somewhere to put my feet to help me half climb, half shuffle upwards towards the grassy area that lead back to the trail markers, but whatever I put my feet on just scrambled at my touch.
"Leon!"
Snap.
What was that?
I looked up, just to see the thin, frail trunk bend unnaturally at my weight, causing me to sink further and further towards the cliff edge.
I'm going to die... And I haven't even finished that stupid list, yet.
"LEON!"
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:43 pm

((Evil ride thingies.... o_0

And EEEP! Epic twist. XD ))

When Leon saw Misto stumble, time slowed down for him. He thought he was shouting Abby's name, but somehow, his breath caught in his throat, and no sound escaped his lips.
Abby struck the ground hard, and before he could rein Jasper in, she was rolling toward the edge of the cliff. Leon cursed freely, took one last haul at the reins, and leaped from the saddle just as the horse slowed ground. When his feet touched the ground he stumbled slightly, but soon righted himself and plunged forward into a sprint - running faster than he had in months. Every breath seemed to rip viciously at his weak lungs - but at that moment, he could not have cared less.
"Abby!" He gasped, sliding to a stop as he reached the cliff edge and found Abby lying there, clinging to a very precarious-looking tree trunk.
A large lump of worry expanded in his throat, and for a moment Leon couldn't breathe. He felt so dizzy that he feared he might pass out - and indeed, his vision flickered for a moment.
It occurred to him briefly how ridiculous it would be if he passed out now, just when he was the only one who might be able to help Abby. The thought was so utterly absurd that he almost started laughing.
But then he remembered: The situation was not funny. He gulped nervously and drew in a deep breath, then crawled toward Abby.
"Take my hand." He encouraged gently, reaching out toward her. His eyes - wide with worry and fear - practically begged her to trust him. He wouldn't lose her now... He couldn't lose her now.
"Take it." He pressed, stretching his fingers closer to her. "I can pull you up." I think...
Disregarding his doubts about his strength, Leon waited breathlessly for Abby to take his hand.
Honestly, he didn't know if he could pull her up... He just hoped that he could. He had never hoped for something more in his whole life...

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:59 pm

((Haha! Thank ya. :3 I'll have to go after this, but I hope I'll be able to reply again after school tomorrow. Smile ))

"I can pull you up."
"You can't." I whimpered weakly, my eyes cast down to the crashing waves stumbling towards us like an oncoming storm. "You know you can't."
Snap. Sn-ap.
"Argh!" I tried to scream, but the pitch was so high it wasn't even possible to leave my voice box, so came out as nothing more than a half-whisper, half-squeak.
I closed my eyes, aware that my breathing was quickening to much that I might pass out of I wasn't too careful. Then I really would be dead.
"Leon, if I drag you down, too..." I scruched my eyes closed, watching as my feet inched threateningly towards the edge. I was limp, now, except for my shaky, desperate grip on the failing tree trunk. I was too petrified to move in fear that I might just fall to my death. Although it wasn't like that wasn't going to happen anyway.
"Leon, go back up and find one of the telephones. If I fall..." Somehow, I found the energy to smile. A wet, shaky, but totally humorous smile. "If I fall and die, you can sue the bald guy."
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:11 pm

"Shut up." Leon advised irritably, offering his hand more firmly, "I'm the one dying here, and I won't have you stealing my thunder, Honey. That's plain selfish, that is." He eyed the creaking tree trunk and, seeing that it wasn't going to hold much longer, grabbed Abby's wrist in a vice-like grip. "You know as well as I do that this thing is going to break, okay? So do me a favour, and just trust me here. Yeah, we might both fall, but I'm doomed anyway." He shrugged, "So it's sure as Hell a risk worth taking. Now are you gonna help me out or not?"
Without waiting for an answer, he tightened his grip even more on Abby's wrist, and began inching backwards, heaving with all his might.
Never before had he been so grateful for all the stupid, worthless hours of working out that his agent had insisted on.
Finally, he had found a use for the 'figure' that the general public insisted he have.
Inch by painful inch, Leon crept backwards, tugging Abby with him. He could feel the stones beneath his feet slipping dangerously toward the edge of the cliff - but there was nothing for it but to throw his weight back, and hope he wouldn't fall. Every muscle in his body seemed to scream in protest, and he felt so breathless and dizzy that he was sure he would pass out. Yet still, he kept on pulling.
His consciousness became dim as the exertion took its toll, and sheer willpower alone kept Leon aware of one thing: He had to keep pulling, and he couldn't let go.
If it killed him, he would not let Abby go... They'd have to prise his cold, dead fingers from around her wrist.

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:59 pm

((I was bored, so I decided to type more. XD If you have other plans, you can just ignore this, and I'll delete it. :3 ))

After what felt like a century of battling gravity, Leon finally managed to pull Abby onto the ledge beside him, then drag her back a few meters to safety. By the time he finally stopped, his eyes were dim and glazed - as though he barely knew where he was. Indeed, his consciousness was now frail and unstable. So much so that he was totally unaware of his grip on Abby's wrist. His fingers bit deeply into her skin - clutching so tight that they must have been cutting off her circulation.
Without even a moment's thought, Leon reeled Abby in toward him like a fish on a line, and wrapped his arms around her - holding her close to his chest, pressed against his hammering heart, which was fluttering about in a wildly irregular rhythm. Leon shook slightly from fear and relief as his arms tightened around her - almost as though he had been the one falling to his death. It actually seemed that way to him... He had almost lost one of the most important people in his life... It had been terrifying.
He began trembling in earnest now, and found himself burying his face in Abby's hair - breathing in the fruity scent of her conditioner, and letting it slowly reassure him. He didn't care what boundaries he was overstepping. He had almost lost her... He couldn't just crack a joke and pretend like that was no big deal.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:05 pm

((I can't believe I just wrote a whole page-long reply for that, and I lost it. -_-))

As soon as Leon grabbed my hand, something went mad inside me like a cage of wild butterflies.
That wasn't in a good way, either.
It was probably my heart, but I don't know. The only thing I did know at the time was that my heart beat was quickening rapidly, my body was going into shock and each breath I took felt like it'd be my last.
I shuddered, despite the warm weather, feeling feverishly cold.
“Leon. Let me go.” I mumbled flatly, feeling oddly light-headed. My vision was beginning to blur, like I had concussion or something. “You'll hurt yourself. You'll choke again. Just let me go. Let me die.”
My grip on the tree slackened to nothingness, and the long trek to the top of the hill began.

The moments dragged on like weeks until I finally felt safe enough to sit up by myself. Leon was sweating like I'd never seen him before – not even in the hospital – and had collapsed in a heap beside me on a small ledge in the muddy, grassy ground.
I unbuckled my riding helmet; I'd had about enough of that damn thing. Simple tasks such as keeping my head off the ground felt like one hell of a task with all that weight on. What's more, my hair had gone flat – probably from all the sweat – and I could feel my face go an unhealthy purple.
I still couldn't breath.
I tossed the large, black helmet to the side and looked down at my hand, which Leon had still clutched tightly. I'd not even established him using it to drag me up by. I'd not felt his grip on my wrist, nor had I much cared. I guess I'd just thought that it was my hand bleeding so much that the nerves had gone numb.
Obviously not.
Before I could take another long breath, Leon pulled me towards him and wrapped his arms tightly around me.
I wasn't shocked by the gesture, in fact, I hugged him back. I rested my head on his shoulder and we held each other for long, golden moments.
“Thank you...” I whispered shakily, tears of relief pricking at my eyes. “Really, thank you. I know many people would have left me. I-I should be dead right now. Thank you. Thank you. Thank y-you...”
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:25 pm

((NOOOOOOOO! D: That is just the worst. :'( *Superhugs*
If it makes you feel any better, I've been in a brilliant mood all day, just looking forward to your post on this RP... Razz
And it was better than I expected. ^_^ You're so awesome! *Hugs to death* ))

"Shut up!" Leon whispered harshly, his arms tightening still more around Abby. "Just shut up..."
He didn't know why he suddenly felt so angry, so hateful, but it was clear in his voice - even to him. Maybe it was the shaking... Maybe the threatening lump in his throat... He didn't know. All he knew was that he was terrified, and feeling sickeningly vulnerable because of it - and that it was Abby's fault.
He hadn't known it was possible to love and hate something so much at the same time. "If you ever do that to me again..." He whispered breathlessly, "I swear I'll throw you back over that cliff just as soon as I pull you up."
He was visited by a bizarre desire to kiss her then, and it was this more than anything that jerked him back to his senses. The last thing they needed was a repeat of what had happened last time...
Reluctantly, he pulled away from her - yet for some reason it felt like ripping a band-aid too early off an open wound. He had left a part of himself with her, and it stung to lose it.
"Oh, screw it." He muttered, and pulled her towards him again, enclosing her in another embrace.
"I'm not done hugging you yet, so just deal with it." He ordered, starting to sound a little more like himself now as the shock wore off. "And this is your punishment for scaring me spitless." He added, setting her at an arm's length to plant a friendly peck on her cheek.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:19 am

((*chokes* Haha! thank you, Polo, but it wasn't as good as it could have been. My brain had a little spazz tantrum moment and a load of odd, babbly crap dribbled from my fingers to the screen. Razz
And I'm in a good mood now, too. I can now say 'I am a cat' in three different languages! XD))

"I'm... I'm sorry." I mumbled, although really didn't know what I'd done wrong. It was the horse that had stumbled, not me.
But hey, I was living a great moment, and I wasn't prepared to let it go just yet.
"And this is your punishment for scaring me spitless."
With than he set me around ten or so inches away from me, leant forward and planted a gentle kiss on my cheek. I accepted it with a small blush, but this one time, I didn't care who saw it.
I could honestly - hand on heart - say I'd never had a friend quite like him before. And how long had I known him...? Not as long as Lucy, that was for sure. Plus I knew, not that I was complaining or anything, that neither me nor Lucy had ever kissed before. Not once.
Not even when she'd had a few drinks, or was feeling really, really happy.
But she was always there for me, there was no denying it.
“How 'bout we just stay here for a while?” I asked quietly, stretching my stingy, achy legs out in front of me gingerly. “While the sun's still up. It's a nice view from up here.”
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:56 am

((Haha! That's always the best. Wink

DUDE!!! Epic! You must teach me. Razz

And, if it helps, here's a fourth for you: "Ek is n kat." - Afrikaans.))

Leon nodded mutely, and shifted around to sit beside Abby. His heart was slowing to its regular pace now, and he was grateful. It would have been quite a buzz kill if he'd suddenly gone ahead and died right after saving Abby's life. A twisted, modern day Romeo and Juliet - only minus the Shakespearean language, passionate romance and excessive suicide.
Okay, so maybe it was not like Romeo and Juliet after all - but it was a fun thought.
His hand tightened around something, and glancing down, he saw that he was holding his helmet. He didn't remember taking it off... He must have done it automatically.
"I hope the horses found their way home..." He commented vaguely.
Eyes following Abby's gaze, Leon admired the view for a moment. But then, depressing as always, the thought slipped unbidden into his mind that this might be his last time seeing a view like this.
"Abby..." Leon began, his tone somewhere between hesitance and thoughtfulness, "I hope this isn't weird or inappropriate, but..." He trailed off, feeling rather stupid. He was embarrassed... Ashamed to admit that he was afraid of dying, after pretending to be fine for so long. But he wasn't fine... He was terrified. And he needed somebody to talk to. Not the doctor, not the grief counselor - but somebody he could trust. A friend. Somebody like Abby...
"What do you think death is like? I mean... Once we die, what happens to us? I spent my whole life thinking 'whatever, it's no big deal, I'll just go to Heaven'... But now that it's actually here, I'm not so sure." He shrugged, managing with an effort to keep his voice from trembling. He didn't want Abby to know that he was scared... It was too weak. Too pathetic.
"What if it's not true? What if there's just... Nothing? How can a person be here one moment, and the next just-" He broke off, shaking his head - clearly disturbed by the thought. "I just can't comprehend it. The idea of... Not existing, you know?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:35 pm

((Wow! Thanks you, Polo!! Very Happy

Since we’re exchanging languages, here’s some French:

Je suis un chat.
(pronounced ‘juh sweez un shah’)

And Chinese (note that this probably isn’t quite accurate Wink ) :

Pronounced – hiyne teck mow… Mow Wink ))

“They will have done.” I replied confidently, hunching over my stiff knees with a tiny wince. Leon had let go of me by now, but it still seemed like he needed someone to hold on to because he was clutching ever so tightly to the strap of his helmet, I was sure if he held on any tighter the thing would crumple and vanish into nothingness at his desperate, shaky grip.
Bless him. He was terrified.
I could have died on that cliff. I could have fallen to my death into the violent sea and left him to stare at the place where I’d disappeared beneath the water. But he hadn’t had to, because I was alive.
He on the other hand, was not to be so lucky. He was slowly dying and we both knew it.
“It’s not inappropriate and it’s not weird. Leon, if you want to talk about anything, you know, all you have to do is ask.”
I leant over slightly hesitantly and laid my hand gently over his.
It was oddly cold, but sweaty at the same time. I didn’t know if I was doing the right thing, but at the time it just felt right. It didn’t feel weird or inappropriate. At all.
“Listen, I don’t know what it’s like to die, nor have I lost anyone in the past. I…”
I shook my head. Dealing with someone who was due to die soon wasn’t on my list of things I was god at.
“One thing I do know is that they will make is as peaceful and painless as possible for you. When you die… When you die you’ll never completely leave. I’ll know all the time that you’re there because… B-because…”
What was I supposed to say? I’d not done a single class on philosophy, nor did I know much about Heaven and Hell.
“Because… I just will. Okay? I don’t think anyone completely ‘leaves’ even after they’re dead and buried. The particles dance around under the soil, the skin rots away and the cells find something else to bring alive. Whether it’s a plant, a tree, a rose bush… The cells of the dead make the living bloom.”
Okay, that was a little cheesy. But it was a fact, after all.
“Then when those cells die, they find more living cells, and the whole thing starts again. It’s a never-ending cycle.”
My gaze dropped to our hands, and I clutched his fingers reassuringly. “Besides that, even when you’re body’s no longer in sight, you’ll always be with me… With us. You’re going to think this is really corny and cliché, but it’s still true. I’m sorry… There’s honestly no other way I can phrase it.
But hey, like I said, you’ll always be here. In the music room, following me around school… Perving at my ass cheeks like you have done countless times...”
I finished with a quiet giggle, glad that I could lighten the mood. To be honest, the thought of a dead person staring at my ass was rather creepy. But hey, if it made him smile, it was worth it.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:04 pm

When he felt Abby's hand on his, Leon's breath caught in his throat. He expected to be comforted by the gesture, but instead it woke the slumbering flock of butterflies in his stomach, and he felt oddly nervous.
Too tempting a gesture, perhaps, when he was feeling as vulnerable as he was... But thankfully, he was able to control himself, and get his thoughts in order to listen to Abby's speech.
And, bless her, it actually helped. Even when what she was saying made barely any sense, just the sound of her voice comforted him - and by the end of it, he was feeling decidedly calmer. Not to mention incredibly grateful to have Abby at his side once more...
"But hey, like I said, you’ll always be here. In the music room, following me around school… Perving at my ass cheeks like you have done countless times...” Abby finished, and finally, Leon's worries were cast aside completely, and he burst out laughing - his tense fist finally relaxing in Abby's grip, and his fingers wrapping gently around her hand, almost of their own accord.
"Sure Honey." He teased, "As if a guy like me wouldn't have better asses to haunt." He flashed a playful wink, then chuckled again and flopped back on the grass, still keeping a gentle grip on Abby's hand. He couldn't let go... Not just yet.

And if you come to me
And if you touch my hand
I might just slip away
I might just disappear...

These lyrics floated through his mind, and Leon found himself humming placidly along to the tune. He hadn't shared the song with anybody yet. Likely as not he never would... He had written a lot of rubbish whilst trying to find a few songs he could use to speak to Abby when words failed him... Yes, that had been his intention. Silly, in a way, but it worked.
"You do have a nice ass, you know." He pointed out suddenly, glancing pointedly toward Abby's backside from where he lay on the grass beside her. "Good thing you don't fault it much, or I might fall for you." He added teasingly, a playful smirk on his lips.

There's a hint of truth in every joke... A bold voice in the back of his head reminded him, but Leon squashed it irritably away. What did it know?

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:37 pm

“I’m wondering whether I’m supposed to take that as a compliment or not.” I mused, my voice jumping in slight amusement.
To heck with seriousness, this was the time to have fun. This was the time to really live.
Feeling his hand relax in mine meant I cold finally breath, and with a loud, heavy sigh, I collapsed on the grass beside him.
A bad idea…
As soon as my head hit the ground, I regretted it. Pain shot through my skull and before I knew it, I was sat up again, clutching my head. “Ow… That’s definitely going to bruise in the next few hours, me thinks.” I mumbled with an uncomfortable frown, rubbing the back of my head, groaning irritably.
Oh, stuff it. It was no fun being he only one of the two of us sat up. It was better when we were laying down. It felt… Natural.
Slowly and carefully, I lowered myself back down to his side, being cautious of what hit the ground first, et cetera. “It’s funny… Even though it wasn’t that long ago, I kind of forgot I’d hurt myself on the trip down to the cliff edge.” Letting out a happy sigh just as my head floated down to the ground, I rested my free hand on my stomach and kept my other wrapped gently around Leon’s palm.
“Yeah, I’ll take that as a compliment. You’re not too bad yourself.”
I suddenly realised how pervy that made me sound, and quickly cleared my throat. “You know, abs-wise.” I let my hand creep away from his and lifted up his shirt. It was the first time I’d properly seen his stomach, and to be honest, it wasn’t that bad – like I’d said. But I pretended to be disappointed, just to tease him. “I take that back. You’re a skinny sod, aren’t you?”
I poked his small muscles lightly with my index finger, giggling in an unusually girly way.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:55 pm

"Careful." Leon warned with a frown as he saw Abby hurt her head on the ground. Honestly, he had also almost forgotten about Abby's accident - but her small display of pain reminded him, and he felt a tenderness much like a bruise somewhere deep in his heart.
He had almost lost her, and honestly, it still hurt to think about it.

When she lay down beside him, he relaxed slightly, a peaceful expression crossing his face. Then, of course, Abby resumed his teasing from before - and the peacefulness shifted into amusement as he chuckled at her comment "Why thank you." He replied, smirking faintly.
His eyes tracked the progress of her hand as she lifted his shirt, and he felt a strange jolt of electricity shoot through him.
Careful... He warned himself, quickly regathering his thoughts. He was just ticklish, of course.
“I take that back. You’re a skinny sod, aren’t you?” Abby commented suddenly, jerking Leon out of his reverie, thankfully.
"Oi!" He exclaimed in mock offense, "No take-backs!" He kicked her foot playfully, "You're just too blinded by the amazingness that is Leon Hunter, Honey."
He mimicked her giggle mockingly, flashing a teasing grin.

((Got a minor twist to introduce, but I'll do that after you've gone. XD Haha!))

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:06 pm

“Amazingness?”
Was he serious?
I ran my hand over his stomach once more, noticing the fact that he’d jumped the first time round. It seemed his stomach was oddly sensitive to my touch, but I couldn’t help myself so carried on anyway. I prodded him once more, propping myself up onto my elbow to look at him.
“Don’t get me wrong, your highness, you are amazing. Just not in the way you’re fans think.”
That was true, definitely.
“Of course, I still think Taylor Lautner and David Beckham are both far more handsome than you, but that’s just me.”
That was a lie. Taylor Lautner was just as up himself as any other insanely famous, male celebrity out there. David Beckham was more of a businessman now than much else.
Business in sport, that is.
“Seriously though, I just want you to know that whatever happens, you are amazing. And anyone who thinks any different is wrong.”

((Woot! Very Happy I look forward to it. Wink ))
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:24 pm

Feeling Abby's hand run over his stomach again, Leon gulped - extremely irritated to find his face heating up with embarrassment. Was she intentionally tormenting him?
Wait... Tormenting? Really? That made no sense. What on earth was he thinking? It was fine.
Finally, she prodded him, and Leon grunted in mock annoyance, squinting up at her as she propped herself up on her elbow and looked down on him.
When she spoke, he found her words somewhat surprising. Since when was Abby so sweet...? It was almost disconcerting.
"Thanks..." He murmured quietly, a surprised wonderment in his voice. He couldn't even find it within himself to make a joke - or to mock Taylor Lautner, which he was actually quite fond of doing.
Yet again, he was struck by an irrational desire to kiss her. And, feeling intensely irritated with himself, he sat up and brushed his fringe out of his eyes. He was just about to suggest that they head back, when suddenly, he was distracted by a phone ringing.
He checked his pockets automatically, but his phone was silent.
"You got a call?" He asked, glancing curiously at Abby, and finding it strangely pleasing to see that she was using his gift.

Meanwhile, somewhere far away, Britney held a public telephone to her ear, muttering under her breath and silently praying that 'Abigail' would pick up. She had not gone all the way to that stupid school to get the phone number of the one person in contact with Leon for nothing...

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:32 am

((Wow,this sounds extremely interesting... Razz))

I jumped suddenly as the odd sound of a phone ringing awakened me from my little 'mood'. My whole leg felt as if it were vibrating - which, after banging and bruising it so much in one fall, wasn't all that great of a feeling – and so I quickly fumbled around, gingerly trying to get my hand down my large, jean pocket to reach it.
Funny... Since when did I ever get a call? I hadn't even got any contacts other than the school home phone number.
Then again, it was possible that it was Mister Oakworth demanding to know what on earth I'd done with his car.
Smirking slightly at Leon, and after managing to finally retrieve it from it's hiding place, I brought the sleek, black mobile to my ear and slipped back onto my back. “Hello?”
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:44 am

((Not really. XD I just needed 'something'. Razz Haha!))

"Hi... Abigail?" Britney's shaky voice responded, sounding pathetically close to tears. "It's Britney here - Leon's girlfriend. I... I know we didn't get off to a very good start, but I'm sorry - I didn't mean it. Listen, I need your help. You're the only one I know who's still in contact with Leon, and right now I really need him... Gosh, I need him so bad... If you know where he is, or how to get hold of him, please..." She trailed off, then her voice returned in a trembling whisper, "Please will you tell me..."

Leon watched Abby curiously, wondering who had called her. His attentive eyes were locked on her face, trying to read any expression that cropped up there. He was aware that he was being nosy, but frankly, he didn't care.

((You're going to stay on and amuse me, right? Very Happy With quick posts? Since you still have my cape...
I'm on a long car drive, soo... XD ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:01 am

((Lol! Razz It's going well so far. Wink

And yes, I'll be on for a while, don't worry. ^_^ *flaunts cape*))

I have to say, I was shocked to hear Britney's voice. But as her speech went on, I began to twitch just slightly towards feeling sorry for her. She sounded like she was crying. I could barely hear her voice at times because it was so shaky.
But then I reminded myself. I hated her.
Not quite as much as Peach, but close enough.
The little dog was probably faking it to make me feel sorry for her.
I turned away from Leon and lowered my gaze. So many first sentences were sitting on the tip of my tongue. 'What're wrong, honey? Did the mean old body builder find a better slut to hook up with?' or 'poor you, did you forget to use protection again?'. But I cautiously bit my tongue, forcing away the harsh comments just for a moment or two. First of all, I needed to find out what she wanted. “Okay. First of all, instead of bothering me why didn't you try ringing his phone?”
Come to think of it, 'not a very good start' was the understatement of the century. She called me broad, for goodness' sake!
“And second... Give me one good reason why I should help you. You weren't exactly helpful to me and him the last time we met, sweetie.” I snarled, perhaps a little angrier-sounding than intended. But I couldn't help it. Me and Leon had had one hell of a time so far, minus the odd 'glitch'. Why did she have to appear from nowhere and spoil everything?
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next