Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Polo and Dreameh's short RP. (Mature Content) (Old Posts)

2 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Polo and Dreameh's short RP. (Mature Content) (Old Posts) - Page 20 Empty Re: Polo and Dreameh's short RP. (Mature Content) (Old Posts)

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:12 am

((Woop! XD Haha!))

"He changed his number." Britney complained bitterly, "And I know, I know I was awful, but-" She broke off, voice cracking, "But I do have a good reason. It's- It's my b-boyfriend, h-he..." She trailed off, then took a shaking breath. "I need to talk to Leon. Please... I know you can help me..." She began sobbing pathetically. "Quickly, please, I don't have much time..."
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Polo and Dreameh's short RP. (Mature Content) (Old Posts) - Page 20 Empty Re: Polo and Dreameh's short RP. (Mature Content) (Old Posts)

Post  Dreambug Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:21 am

Good reason! Ha. that was the first.
"If this is because he's dumped you, then I don't really give a damn. Neither does Leon." I grumbled irritably, silently debating on whether or not to hang up on her. Who did she think she was? I wasn't putting up with her and her lies any longer.
Although, she did sound kind of desperate...
"Alright, fine. He's here."
I'm going to regret this...
"I'll put him on. But if you even think about conning him into giving you more money..."
Then I'll grab your neck and snap it like a twig.
Leaving the silent threat lingering, I looked up at Leon, rolled my eyes and handed the phone to him.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:38 am

Leon frowned in confusion when he heard his name mentioned, then frowned even more worriedly as Abby handed him the phone. He flashed her a questioning glance, but took the phone anyway, and held it to his ear.
"Hello?"
"Leon, oh, Leon, darling!" She exclaimed, sobbing hysterically. Leon's jaw tightened. "What do you want Brit?"
"Oh, you, Leon, you..."
He bit his lip, and despite himself, his expression softened. "What's wrong, Brit?"
"It's my new boyfriend..." She choked, causing Leon to stiffen, a hurt expression entering his eyes. "And you want to cry on my shoulder after you broke my heart and stole my entire life, right?"
"But you don't understand... He made me..."
"Okay, Brit, I'm here for you. Just tell me what happened."
"It's Logan, that's my boyfriend, he's... He controls me. I can't get away from him, Leon. He won't let me go. He pressures me, and makes me do bad things, and..." Her voice crackled into silence, then returned. "Oh, Leon, I need your help. I don't know who else to turn to... He's going to hurt me- Shoot! He's coming! I have to go - but please, Leon, PLEASE-" The line went dead, and Leon was left holding the dead phone, staring blankly straight ahead of him.
"We have to go." He said, turning to Abby, eyes wide in horror. "No..." He shook his head, frowning, "I have to go, now."

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:57 am

((Oh deary deary dear XD))

I rolled my eyes as her sobbing voice blasted through the speaker, and although leon was the one holding the phone, I could hear pretty much every word.
Britney's boyfriend was abusing her. Physically.
Well I couldn't exactly say I was all that surprised, to be honest. I'd only met the girl once, but I knew her type. They weer the type that ended up in thes situations because she didn't see a guy as a friend, but just something on legs she could snog.
Shuddering, I let my mind wander just as the phone went dead, and Leon was left staring blankly in front of him. Goodness knows what she'd just said.
"Leon?"
" have to go, now."
What?
"No... No, no no... No, you don't." I scrambled to my feet, suddenly realising how achy the fall had made me. Now I knew what the elderly felt like.
"You're not in any fit state to go over there, now. Leon..."
Not that I was, either.
"I'm not going to let you go on your own. He'll pummel you to a pulp. At least..." I sighed. "At least let me come with you. I'm good with these gormless idiots, okay? I've met many like them at school. If you go over there on your own, you'll be fighting a losing battle, and you know it."
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:11 am

Leon smiled sadly at Abby. He had never been more grateful to have her as a friend, and he was sure as Hell not losing her now.
"Abby, goodbye." He said simply, drawing her head toward him and kissing her forehead gently.
"I won't do anything stupid." He promised, and with a smile and a wave, he had turned to walk away. Taking his cellphone out of his pocket, he called Jeeves, and the butler rushed over to meet him. By the time he had walked back to the beach parking lot, the sleek limo was waiting there.

He wouldn't let Abby come. He couldn't...
Throwing a quick glance over his shoulder, he climbed silently into the limo, and signalled to Jeeves to drive.

((Sorry, that was awful, but I have to do in a hurry. Razz My brain is so jolted from speedbumps that I can't remember where I was going with this twist, so if you have an idea, feel free to take the reins. ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:28 am

((Don't worry about it; Smile I don't have any ideas, but it'll come eventually. Razz))

"Liar." I growled, limping on after him. "You're not thinking straight. You're n-..."
He got in the limo.
"Leon!"
I watched the car roll away, leaving me feeling stranded on the muddy carpark the trail had led us to. I could not believe, after everything we'd just done and said, that he was just going to throw it all away in order to save Britney.
Why wouldn't he let me come? Why? He knew I was a damn good better at fighting than he was. Plus, I was better at dealing with stupid low-life's... Look at me and him!
Perhaps that was a bit harsh, bu I couldn't care less. He couldn't just think he could push me away, now. Not after all that had happened.
I wouldn't let him.
I looked around the carpark until I could recognise the dirty, worn down Peugeot and climbed in. No way was I letting either of them getting away with this.
After a final painful groan, I turned on the engine and sped noisily out of the carpark.
Leon hadn't even given me my phone back.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:12 pm

It wasn't much later when Leon arrived at Britney's place. After asking Jeeves to watch his back, he crept toward the door in a cowardly fashion, and rapped tentatively with his knuckles.
Now that he was here, he felt stupid. What could he do? He should have just called the cops...
Leon cringed at his lack of common sense, but it was too late to back out. He could hear footsteps just inside the door.
Here goes...
The door swung open, and there stood Britney, in a strappy top that looked about two sizes too small, and a pair of shorts so tiny that Leon couldn't quite figure out if they were supposed to be underwear or not.
He gulped.
"Leon!" Britney gasped, flinging her arms around him and sobbing into his shoulder. "Oh, I missed you..."
"Easy Brit." Leon warned, setting her at an arm's length. Britney stared up at him with bright, tearful eyes for a moment, then stepped toward him - lips slightly parted in a way that drew him toward them. Her hands reached for his shoulders, and as she stood on her toes to kiss him, Leon froze - lips inches from hers.
"Now wait a minute, Brit... Are you kissing me because you honestly have feelings for me, or just because you have a use for me?"
There was silence while Britney attempted to form an answer.
"Actually, I don't care." Leon concluded with a shrug, his lips pulling into a grin. "I love you."
He wrapped his arms around her, and they kissed passionately.
As always, Britney's tongue twisted seductively around his - and with each moment she drew him in more and more. Somehow, he seemed to forget how much she'd hurt him every time he laid eyes on her...
He just couldn't get over her. Although, for the first time, as he kissed her - he was aware of something else. Something important that he might have forgotten... It niggled at the back of his mind, but he couldn't think of what it might be.

Finally, Leon broke away from Britney's lips, his face happily flushed and breathless. "What do you want me to do?" He whispered, "About him? You know I'm no fighter..."
"Take me away." Britney begged quietly. "We could be together again. You'd like that, wouldn't you?" Her fingers walked up his chest, and Leon smiled fondly at her - though he didn't feel the usual exciting shock he got when she touched him.
Again, there came the feeling that he was forgetting something.
"Of course." He grinned, "We'll run away together."
Now it was Britney's turn to beam. "And you can sing to me like you used to. I heard you started singing again..."
Leon nodded - clearly immune to the snake-like expression in Britney's eyes.
"Logan's not home, yet... We could go, right now, and everything will be like it used to. I'm so sorry I hurt you, Leon... I never meant to - Logan made me. You believe me, right?"
For a moment Leon looked doubtful, but with Britney's wide, innocent eyes staring pleadingly at him, and a subtle pout sculpting her sensual mouth, he couldn't bring himself to resist.
"Of course I believe you." He kissed her again, then took her hand gently. "Let's go, Brit."

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:26 am

I made my way towards Britney's house, arriving minutes after Leon had, and I was ready. I'm not quite sure what I was ready for, but I was ready.
At least, I thought I was.
I noticed Jeeves taking up a good two and a half parking spaces – due to the rushed, awkward way he was parked, not just because of the limo – and had to stop and park my little blue Peugeot a couple of cars behind.
A poorly placed lamp post was blocking my view of some of the house, but I could see Leon on the doorstep and Britney, with her tight tank top, mini shorts and sickeningly sweet tears.
They hugged.
For some reason, something hot burned inside me. I didn't know whether it was jealousy, anger, or shame that I wasn't up beside him, setting him straight.
One thing I noticed, Britney didn't look particularly shaky, for a girl who'd supposedly been attacked and used by the great 'Logan'.
Did that idiot even exist? How long had that relationship even lasted?
When I finally looked again, they were kissing.
Noisily. Passionately.
No...Leon... What the hell are you doing?
I hadn't been ready for that.
I wanted to close my eyes. I wanted to force that sickening image out of my head.
I hated Britney. I hated her.
And I hated Leon, too, for not having any self control.
Suddenly feeling oddly shaky, I ran my hand through my hair and took a long breath. I had been a fool to believe that evil cow in the first place. She'd never told me the truth before. Not once.
I started the engine. Reversed out of my parking space.
I love you...
He'd told her that. Right in front of me. I wasn't great at lip-reading, but I could see it in his eyes, and it was all there, clear as day. He loved her. He believed her. He wanted to be with her.
Asshole.
Why hadn't I seen it? Even after he'd pretended to be nice, he was just covering up the fact that he was an asshole just so he could stick his tongue down his throat.
Forget them. Forget Leon. I hoped he'd have a very happy, short life with her.
I didn't realise how hard I'd jammed the acceleration pedal until I felt myself jolt forward towards the parked car in front. Not a good idea. Blinking away any tears that were beginning to prick at my eyes, I sniffed and swerved out onto the road.
Goodbye, Leon..
I zoomed noisily past Jeeves, threatening to scratch at the sleek, black paint, and shot Leon a hurt look.
Have a fantastic life. Asshole.
With that, I turned up a gear and sped down the street at a strong, uncontrollable 65 miles per hour. I hadn't even got a license. But I didn't give a damn.
She was conning him. I could just tell. She was always conning him.
Let her. Let her take all the money from his filthy bank account. It was more use to her than me.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:48 am

((Oh snap! XD ))

Hearing a squeal of tyres behind him, Leon whirled around - and saw a familiar blue car pull out into the street.
Abby?
He felt a flutter somewhere between joy and hope run through him - but then it morphed into dim horror as he realised that Abby was not arriving - she was leaving. And she was upset about something...
What? What was she upset about...? Was it because he'd left her behind? Because he'd disregarded her warnings and gone back to Britney? He didn't know - but that wasn't important, anyway.

What he really wanted to know as why she wasn't trying to slap his face inside out instead of driving off in a huff. This wasn't the Abby he knew... She wasn't just angry. This was much, much worse.
What the Hell had happened?
"Leon!"
An irritated voice behind him caught his attention, and Leon turned. "Huh?" He asked distractedly.
"I knew you weren't listening." Britney whined, pouting irritably. "Sorry, Brit, my friend-"
"Forget her!" Britney snapped, and Leon blinked in surprise at how aggressive she sounded.
"But Britney..."
"No buts! You stay away from that little slut!"
Leon scoffed, and rolled his eyes. "Abby? A slut? Brit, seriously, what's your prob-"
"Don't you ask me what my problem is, Leon Hunter! I could tell even last time that the little cow has you wrapped around her finger..."
"Now wait a minute, Brit!" Leon objected, frowning, "Abby's not-"
"Why are you defending her, huh, Leon? I'm your girlfriend. You're supposed to side with me! She's not even here!"
Leon stared blankly at her, and slowly, comprehension dawned on her. "You think I'd- With Abby-" He broke off, frowning and shaking his head. "You seriously trust me that little?"
Her eyes narrowed to catlike slits, and Leon just sighed and hugged her. "I wouldn't cheat on you, Britney. Now come on - I have to go after her."
He took her hand and dragged her over to the limo, despite her complaints about Abby.
The pair jumped in, and Leon ordered Jeeves to catch the blue Peugeot. Thus, the chase began.

((Gotta get back to short posts. XD ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:25 pm

It wasn't long until I found myself speeding down a motorway, probably even going over the limit then. But I couldn't seem to stop myself; it was like my foot was glued to the accelerator pedal. Drivers beeped horns as I overtook them, cars has to swerve in order to get out of my way. I didn't even know where I was going, just as long as it was as far away from that house as possible.
Why was I so mad? Was it because he'd gone off without me, just so he could snog Britney in private?
Did I like him?
No... No. That was impossible. I didn't fall in love with celebrities. Never had. Never would.
On that note, I glanced on the rear-view mirror to make sure that I could slow down without hitting anything. Then, just as I'd thought I'd got him out of my head, Jeeves' limo appeared behind me.
They were following me? Why?
What did he want, now?
Gritting my teeth, I changed gear once more and slammed my foot back on the accelerator pedal, determined to escape that idiot's desperate clutches.
With that I was off, skipping to the fastest lane and swooping round the corner like a mad outlaw being chased by an army of police cars.

(9I know! XD Leon will be in trouble when he finally does catch her. Razz))
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:49 pm

((Haha! Oh dear. XD And the poor sod doesn't even know why she's so pissed. Wink Okay, he probable does, but 'denial' is not just a river in Egypt! Razz 'Denial = De Nile' Get it? Razz ))

"F*ck." Leon cursed. "We're not going to catch her in this thing, are we Jeeves?"
"No, Master Leon." The butler replied, "This limo is built for comfort, and not for speed."
Leon sighed wearily and rolled his eyes. "Now what...?"
"Forget her!" Britney snapped, "She's gone, and good riddance! I didn't like her, anyway. She was a cow. She was bad for you." Leon raised an eyebrow, and stared incredulously at Britney. "And you're not?"
She looked aghast. "Of course not, baby! I love you!"
Leon scoffed, and nearly burst out laughing. "Sure..." He began sarcastically, "That's why you intentionally seduced me and convinced me to-" He coughed slightly, then changed tact somewhat. "Anyway, you intentionally got me infected with your little virus, didn't you?"
"I told you, Logan made me-" She objected tearfully, but Leon cut her off.
"You know I'm dying, right? That because of you, I'm actually going to be dead soon?"
Silence.
"And I don't need to remind you of the message you left on my mirror."
More silence.
"You broke my heart, Brit." He frowned and shook his head. "I trusted you, and-"
He had to break off then, because Britney's tongue was in his mouth. She had thrown herself at him, and started kissing him desperately. "Brit..." Leon attempted to speak, trying to shove her away. "Not now..." Another shove, but Britney wasn't interested in his attempts to deter her.
Finally, Leon lost patience.

With a shriek, Britney leaped back. "You BIT me!" She exclaimed tearfully. "Yes." Leon agreed, "Yes, I did."
He could hear Jeeves snickering quietly in the driver's seat.
"Jeeves, pull over."
"Leon-" Britney whimpered.
"Don't worry, Brit. Jeeves will take you to my old apartment in the city. Remember, the one I used to hide out in when I wanted some alone time...? The one where we hooked up?" He smiled sweetly. "Logan won't find you there, so you'll be fine."
"Leon!"
"My life is too short, thanks to you, to waste it with you. Abby's my friend, and if I have to choose, I'd choose her over you every time."
Britney gasped in insulted disbelief.
"Seeya, Brit."

He jumped from the limo, then waved to a cab that was racing past. The driver pulled over and glanced toward him with raised eyebrows. "Hey, you're-"
But Leon didn't let him finish - he slapped a hundred dollar bill into the shocked man's hand.
"See the blue Peugeot?" He asked.
"The one flying along at double the speed limit?"
"That's the one."
"You want me to catch it?"
"I want you to catch it."
"Pissed off a special lady friend?"
"Something like that."
"Hop in, kid."

Leon flashed a grateful grin, then jumped into the cab. Like a bat out of Hell, the little yellow car shot forward - weaving between cars at frightening speeds until it began to gain on the rickety old Peugeot.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:02 pm

((Haha! Smooth, Polo. Very smooth. Razz))

My eyes darted furiously to the rear-view mirror, surprised to see a small, yellow taxi flying on after me.
Where was Jeeves? What had Leon done with Britney?
I didn't know. But what I did know was it was after me, and the driver didn't seem to care as much as I did who he might crash into.
Crap...
I pressed my foot harder on the accelerator pedal, clinging so tightly onto the steering wheel I was certain my knuckles were going to pop through my skin if I clenched any tighter.
A face caught my attention from the window of the taxi behind me. Leon...
Well, there was no way I was going to give up, now.
But as if on cue, a flashing red light on a measuring dial behind the steering wheel caught my attention. Before my eyes, the words 'Fuel level too low' rolled mockingly across the screen.
“No!” I cried in fury, already feeling the car begin to slow. “Damn it... MOVE!”
But of course, I wasn't going to be going anywhere for much longer.
Smacking the centre of the wheel – and accidentally peeping the horn in the process – I indicated left and rolled into a large, empty parking space at the side of the road.
The seconds dragged on by, but eventually the car slowed to a stop.
I sat there, frozen, staring at my sheet-white knuckles grasping the steering wheel.
Well, I'd have to face him at some point.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:40 pm

Leon breathed a deep sigh of relief when he saw Abby's car pull over to the side of the road. It didn't seem to him that she had been ready to give up... Ah well, it didn't matter why she'd pulled over. The point was, at least they'd caught her.
"Thanks." Leon said with a smile as he climbed out of the taxi. The driver nodded, smiling back at him. "Good luck, Kid!"
Leon gave one final wave, then jogged over to Abby's car.
A sickening feeling somewhere between guilt, fear and despair however in the pit of his stomach, and he wondered if he ought to throw up a few times before confronting Abby...
"Nah, best just face the music..." He muttered to himself. And with that, he squared his shoulders and stepped over to the car, leaning over to rap on the window.
He caught a glimpse of the red light flashing on the dashboard, and gave a humourless smirk. One mystery solved.
"It's really not your day, is it?" He asked, indicating the light. "Though I'd have caught you anyway. I swear that taxi would have taken flight if we'd been going any faster." He offered a tentative smile, then stepped back - gesturing for Abby to climb out of the car.
"Talk to me." He pleaded quietly, blinking at her with a confused, ignorant expression.
He still didn't completely understand what he had done wrong to make Abby this angry.
He had left her behind; but only because he was concerned for her safety.
He had kissed Britney; but she was his girlfriend...
What had he done?
She was angrier than the time he had almost-
Well... Some memories were best left untouched.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:04 am

As soon as I could hear the innocent smile in his voice as he approached, I realyl wanted to break something.
Who the hell did he think he was? He'd just chased me at sixty to seventy miles an hour down a motorway, and he didn't think there was anything wrong?
I didn't look at him. I daren't, in case I really did break either the window, or his nose. I just kept looking forward, watched each car as is sped past and left a strong breeze to waft through to car, causing it to rock slightly from side-to-side.
Don't look at him. Just keep staring...
The problem was, I was in the middle of nowhere. I couldn't exactly get out and run away, could I?
Grumbling to myself, I turned off the engine, opened the door and climbed out the car, slamming the door behind me. Without giving him a second glance I stormed to the other side of the car and leaned my back on the door, still not facing him. I could tell that I looked like a toddler having a tantrum, but I didn't care. I didn't want to look at him, and that was final.
“Where's Britney?” I asked flatly, turning my head over my shoulder so that my words would be heard.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:24 am

Leon tilted his head slightly to one side, regarding Abby with cautious curiosity. "I sent her back with Jeeves." He replied carefully - attempting to choose his words in the best way possible, although that was difficult, since he still wasn't entirely sure what he'd done wrong in the first place...
"She's going to be staying in my old apartment - my little 'hideout' from the 'glory days'..." He trailed off with a vague snicker, then shrugged. "I sent her on her own, because I needed to figure out what on earth your problem is." He crept cautiously up behind her, prodding her back tentatively. "Well?" He pressed, blinking innocently.
"I mean, I kinda get why you're pissed, but I don't understand why you're not beating the crap out of me, or at least lecturing me about it. It isn't like you to just storm off in a huff like that."

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:12 am

"Oh, believe me. I'd beat the crap out of you if I thought it would make any difference whatsoever." I mumbled, flinching slightly as a finger jabbed at my spine.
I was supposed to be ticklish there. In that very spot. I was supposed to jump and squeak and giggle whenever anyone so much as touched me in that spot.
Obviously, I wasn't anymore.
So Leon had taken Britney back to his place. Great.
But what really angered me was that he really thought he had any idea why I was in this mood in the first place. How could he, when I didn't even know why I was being like this?
I couldn't understand it. I wanted to run away so badly. But it was physically impossible because there was nowhere for me to go.
Of course, I could always try...
"Why are you still with her, Leon?" I asked him, my voice deadly calm. "Can't you see anything beyond her flat chest and smearing lips?"
Ew. That made me sound jealous. I wasn't jealous. If I was I'd have...
Well, I'd have cried. Which I didn't. I nearly did, though. Nearly...
"You really must be blind as a bat to think that she actually has any feelings for you. That being said, if you'd honestly wanted some time alone to stick you're tongue down her throat all you needed to do was tell me, instead of lying to me and making me believe you were going to do something stupid and end up getting yourself killed."
I turned to him, obviously having to force my eyes to stay on him for just a few moments. "But of course, if you'd like me to beat the crap out of you, I'd happily do so."
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:57 am

Leon sighed dramatically, and raked his fingers through his thick hair.
He couldn't answer that question... He didn't know himself.
Why was he with the girl who had seduced him, broken up with him, lied to him, conned him, toyed with him, and pretty soon - killed him? Was it because Britney was a good kisser? Maybe, a little - but if that were the case, he could just hold a concert, grab any old groupie, and have himself a nice little face-sucking fest.
Leon nearly shuddered in repulsion at the thought. That did not sound pleasant at all.
Was it because he loved her? Yes. But did he love her? Yes? Why was that a question...?
He didn't love Britney. Deep down, he knew that. How could he possibly love somebody who didn't have any feelings for him?
So why am I still with her?
"You know..." He said finally, "That is a very good question. A very good question..." He trailed off, gnawing on his lip thoughtfully. Did he open up to Abby, or just shrug, apologise, and leave it at that? The latter would certainly be easier, and less risky...
Ah, Hell, she was his friend. Friends confided in each other, right?
"If you want to know the real reason..." Leon began slowly, "I'll try to tell you - but you'll have to be patient, because I'm not even sure if I've worked this out myself."
He took a deep breath, then leaned back against the car next to Abby's turned back, and simply began to talk. From the storyteller, factual tone of his voice - he might have simply been speaking his thoughts aloud for himself to hear... He didn't include Abby. It was up to her whether or not to listen.
"Every time I see her, I'm convinced that I still love her... Why...? I don't know. But every time we kiss- Oh..." He broke off, glancing toward Abby, and suddenly speaking directly to her. "That reminds me - I didn't lie to you. From what Brit told me, I honestly thought I'd be coming down here to get my ass kicked by this 'Logan' character. I didn't want you to come along, because I didn't want you getting caught up in the middle of it and getting hurt..." He trailed off with a shrug, "You know I don't have enough tact to lie. Or to realise I need privacy to kiss my own girlfriend, for that matter." He gave a vaguely amused snort, then continued with his previous point.
"But anyway, back to the original question. 'Why am I still with her...?' Well, it would be easy to say that it's because she's hot - but if that was the reason, I could definitely do better. And besides, as much as I may seem it, I'm not that superficial. So I guess I'd have to say I'm still with her, because I still love her. Although that raises another question, which frankly I've been wondering about lately. Do I really love her? And if I do, why? I mean, let's face it, the girl pretty much screwed up my life. No, that's an understatement - she completely screwed up my life. I have no reason whatsoever to love her... So I have to conclude that I don't love her. But if that's the case, then why do I still feel like I'm f***ing in love?!" With a growl of frustration, Leon tugged at his hair, then stared up at the sky - watching the clouds drift slowly by.
His mind relaxed. And suddenly, when he stopped grabbing for the answer, it just seemed to float right into his head... Instead of gripping it tightly, he let it hover there, then gently rolled it from his tongue - speaking in a calm, thoughtful tone.

"It isn't Britney. She's not what I love... I'm in love with the idea of love..." With an air of dawning comprehension, Leon's eyes widened and he went on - spilling the thoughts as soon as they entered his head, as though he was talking to a psychiatrist as opposed to a friend. "I've known it all along, really. I'm a hopeless romantic. I need somebody to love. And somebody who will love me back... I've always thought that Brit did-" He broke off with a snort of amusement, "Wow, I'm an idiot." He chuckled again, then mimicked Britney in an annoying, squeaky voice. "'I hope you die a slow and painful death, Leon Hunter!'" With a roll of his eyes and a humourless bark of laughter, Leon concluded sarcastically, "Yeah. I can totally feel the love."
He was silent then, and for a while it seemed he was done... But as it turned out, he had one more thing to say.

"I still haven't answered your question, though. About why I'm still with her, I mean... When I think about it - and I mean really think - it's simple, really. I'm desperate, lonely, and more than a little scared. I don't want to be that guy who dies alone, without anybody to love. I want to be the guy from a lame old romance movie. The guy who meets his true love, falls head over heels for her, and lives happily ever after. I wasn't cut out to be alone..." He trailed off, biting his lip, then finally finished in a grave whisper, "I can't let Britney go... Because if I let myself believe she isn't the one, then I die without ever being in love. I don't want that..."
The whisper broke, and the grim mood was shattered by another of Leon's humourless chuckles.
"Wanna hear the best part, though? When she was kissing me just now - d'you know what I felt? I felt nothing. Absolutely nothing. So it looks like I won't get to play Prince Charming in this life after all." He was grinning as though amused, but the bitterness in his voice was evident.
And for the life of him... He could not tell how his thoughts at the start had lead him to this.
"So there you have it, Abby. That is why I'm still with her."

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:59 pm

((Ew... face sucking fest. xS))

Although it surprised me, I found myself beginning to find it much easier to look at him, and before I knew it, I was listening with vague interest to what he had to say.
He was scared. He wanted to feel loved. He didn't want to die alone. He was desperate...
Yet he was so beside himself he couldn't see what was right in front of him?
Once he was finished speaking I turned my body to face him, finally letting my gaze drop down with a quiet sigh. The only question left was where to go from here... “You've just proved me right in saying you're blind as a bat, you know.” I admitted, glancing at the malformed version of me rolling around in a reflection on the shiny surface of the car. I didn't look happy. In fact, I looked absolutely exhausted. I'd just been driving at least sixty-five miles per hour on a fifty maximum speed limit for the past ten to fifteen minutes. I was lucky that the police hadn't been coming after me by now.
“You'll never be alone, Leon. How many times do I have to say it? You have me...” I turned away again, staring blankly into the never-ending wood sat calmly by the roadside. “And I'm sorry if I'm not slutty enough, or quite skinny enough to compete with Britney, but you'll find that when you talk to me, I will listen. It's you're life, so I'm going to give you a choice. You can either die knowing that you've lived a lie, wasted you're last precious weeks trying to persuade yourself that someone like Britney loves and cares for you, when all she's really done is use and con you into giving her money. Or you can die peacefully knowing you've made the most out of the time you have left, that you're surrounded by people who love and care about you, who helped you live right until the very end and gave up a chunk of their lives to make sure you could rest in peace.
Britney doesn't love you, Leon, you know that. If she did she'd...” Well, it was that hard to imagine, since I'd not ever seen her speak a single word of truth since I first met her. “If she did, she'd be treating you... Kinda like I treat you...”
Oh God... That was a poor choice of words.
I ran my hand through my dark hair, turned my back on him and wandered away from him to the silver barrier indicating where the road ends and the woodland begins. Keeping my back to him I stepped over the barrier and sat down, hunching over my knees with a stressful sigh.
Well, bang went my chances of ever having a decent relationship with that boy again.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:35 pm

((LMAO! I know, right. Razz My expression when I typed that must have been funny. XD ))

Leon watched Abby blankly as she spoke - his expression casually curious. He listened with interest, nodding at times, and trying to understand.
As always, she was sensible, and what she said made sense even to him. He didn't say anything, though. He listened, and he considered, and he understood - or so he thought - but he did not react.
Not, that is, until Abby was done.
"Britney doesn't love you, Leon, you know that. If she did she'd... If she did, she'd be treating you... Kinda like I treat you...”
His tongue darted nervously over his dry lips as he heard this, and he felt a dull flutter in his chest. If he hadn't been so utterly blinded by his single-tracked thoughts, he might have recognised it as the same feeling that had been missing earlier when Britney had kissed him...
He didn't recognise it, though. Nor did he understand what Abby might have been trying to say... No - that was not true. He understood, all right. He just didn't dare to hope...
With a soft chuckle, and a wry smile, Leon walked over to Abby, stumbling slightly and nearly tripping over the barrier. He arranged his limbs clumsily, and sat down beside her.
"You know..." He began, somewhat teasingly, "This whole 'walking away from me' thing seems to be becoming a habit." He elbowed her in the ribs, and tilted his head slightly - trying to catch her eye. "And Abby... Thanks, for all that." A tentative smile lifted his lips, and he glanced down briefly. His heart was hammering madly in his chest, and his palms felt clammy - but he dared not take Abby's words the way he hoped she meant them. He didn't have the courage.
"You know, it kinda sucks that we're friends." He pointed out with a laugh, "Because you're right - the way you treat me is exactly how I imagine it should be." He paused a moment, and cleared his throat awkwardly, trying without much success to arrange his words correctly. "It would be good, I think, to fall in love with somebody like you." He nodded decisively, "But hey, there's not much chance of that, right...? Still, I couldn't ask for a better friend than you, so thanks."
He was silent a while, thinking back over his words, then he laughed nervously. "Wow, we both seem to be putting our feet in our mouths a lot today, don't we?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:27 pm

“You're damn right it's becoming a habit.” I shot back, although I could feel my lips tugging a slight smile. Well perhaps he hadn't picked up the hint, although I kept telling myself that I hadn't wanted him to, anyway. Not he was showering me with compliments, thanking me – I didn't even know what I'd done. So I asked him.
“Leon, why're you thanking me?” I asked curiously, crossing my arms comfortably over my knees to keep myself warm. The air was changing. I could tell it was due to rain soon. “Honestly, there must have been other people who treated you fairly. If you think about it, all I've done is be truthful to you. When we first properly spoke, I was just some passer-by you were mouthing off to. What were you intending to make me do at the time? Cry?”
Despite the fact that I'd done it plenty of times in front of him before, the thought made me snort.
If any of the girls you insulted did what I'd done and dealt with you, would they be as good as a friend and as close as I am to you?”
Now that was a good question.
I glanced down at my feet and began swinging them in a child-like fashion back and forth, causing the barrier to vibrate slightly at the movement. I was tired of being angry, now. I was tired of being emotional.
We both needed a break.
“All this aside, I don't know about you but I'm absolutely exhausted.” I said brightly, bringing myself to my feet with a a large yawn. I then spun round to look at him. “You want to see how it should be? Then fine, because I'm giving you the chance to live a normal life for once.” I stepped over the barrier and headed back to the car. I unlocked the door and reached in, slipped my hand in the small cabinet in the passenger seat and retrieved a singe key from a pocket in the door. After closing the door again I turned back to Leon and waved the key quietly in front of my face pointedly. “My Christmas present from last year. The teachers decided it was time I got the chance to escape from school every now and then, although I'm only actually meant to use this in the Summer holidays, but what the hell...” I shrugged. “There's a small, single student's apartment not too far from the school, It's not much but there's a blow-up bed alongside a single mattress bed, a TV, DVD player and little kitchen corner. Oh yes, and a bathroom. But I've seen what you're life's doing to you, Leon. All I'm asking is one night with me. Nothing weird, just two friends having a sleepover. We'll watch movies, eat junk food, talk, listen to music... That sort of thing. The neighborhood's really quiet, so we won't have to worry about anyone keeping us awake.”
I slipped the key in my pocket.
All we needed to worry about was how we were going to get some fuel into that damned car...
“What d'you say?”
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:53 pm

"You're different." Leon said simply. "You always were. It's why I picked on you in the first place - I was determined to break you." He laughed, shaking his head. "That all seems so far away now, doesn't it? I never would have guessed back then that we'd become friends, or that I'd-" He broke off then, seeming somewhat distracted. He wasn't sure what he'd been about to say... But he was sure it was something strange. His emotions were in such a mess...

He watched Abby's progress with curious eyes as she walked back to the car and retrieved the key. And as she spoke, he felt a smile creep onto his face.
Some quality time spent with a good friend... It certainly sounded fun.
Abby... Bless her... She was always looking out for him. He really couldn't ask for a better friend... She was perfect.
Kiss her.
He shook his head slightly, startled and confused by the willful voice that suddenly piped up there. He recovered soon though, then glanced up at Abby to give his answer.
Kiss her.
The voice was firmer this time, and Leon felt a flash of annoyance. He wanted to... He desperately wanted to - but he would not allow it. Abby was his friend... To kiss her out of the blue like that would be wrong, no matter how much he cared about her.
Kiss her.
Why was he feeling like this...? He couldn't fall for Abby. He couldn't. It wouldn't be fair on her... And it wouldn't be fair on him, either. What if she was 'the one'? He would never know in just the few weeks he had left. Besides, the parting would be too painful, it wouldn't be worth it.
"I..." He mumbled finally, struggling to concentrate over the repeated cries of 'kiss her' echoing around in his mind. "I want to, but..." Don't you dare back out. "I don't know if I should..." What if I can't control myself?
"Umm..."
He bit his lip, struggling to decide.
"Yeah." He said, finally. "Yeah, okay... Just two friends..." The tone he used here was a strange one. Perhaps relieved? Disappointed? Warning? Cautious? It was near impossible to tell.
As though to go with the strange tone, Leon's eyes gripped Abby's with a strange expression, and then a strange thought popped into his head.
I love you.
Oh no... No, no, no, no, no...
"Abby...?"
NO!
"Uh... No, never mind. Should I... Uh... Should I call Jeeves to bring over some petrol, or to pick us up or something? I don't feel like walking..."

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:36 am

My expression tightened as Leon's tone caught me off track. He sounded... 'off'. Not himself. There was something on his mind, obviously, but he didn't want to tell me what it was.
No matter, I'd get it out of him later.
“If that's okay, then yes. I don't think Mister Oakworth would be that happy if he found out we abandoned his car again. Even if he is getting another one.” I murmured with a slight giggle.
I then turned to him and watched him, head cocked to one side like a curious puppy. Was he alright?
“I think we'll just need a bit of fuel. I don't think we're that far out... Although goodness knows how far out we are. I've never driven whilst being in a mood and, after the speed I was going at, for all we know we could be ten or fifteen miles away, or on our way to Scotland by now.”
Well that didn't seem possible. All the signs were still in English...
“Anywho, we'd better get going. I'd rather not still be out here when the sun goes down. It's due to rain tonight.”
I turned back to the car and slipped the key in my pocket. I placed my hand on the handle of the car then, just as I was about to get in the driver's seat, I turned back to Leon.
“Er, Leon? Could you do me a favor?”
I blinked innocently.
“When you call Jeeves and he arrives here, thank him. Tell him he's done a good job. He never had to trail around after you for all this time. He could have quit the job and done it for someone else. But he hasn't, he's put up with you. Let him think positive of you this one time. You've done it for me, so don't pretend you can't do it because I won't believe you.”
I smiled gently at him before opening the door and sitting in the driver's seat. At least it was warmer in there.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:55 am

((Don't they speak English in Scotland? O.o ))

Leon nodded, and flicked out his phone, rapidly typing a text to Jeeves. It was a better distraction than actually phoning... He had a good excuse to avoid Abby's eyes, too.
"You sure were driving pretty fast..." He laughed, "Good thing no cops saw us. Though I think my Taxi driver had fun..." He trailed off with a smirk, and hit the send button, then glanced up at Abby - relieved to find that he felt more himself now.
As Abby mentioned the weather, Leon turned his gaze to the sky. It did look like it was going to rain. And it was chilly, too.
“Er, Leon? Could you do me a favor?”
Caught by surprise, Leon lowered his gaze, locking his eyes on Abby's and watching her curiously. "Yeah?"
“When you call Jeeves and he arrives here, thank him. Tell him he's done a good job. He never had to trail around after you for all this time. He could have quit the job and done it for someone else. But he hasn't, he's put up with you. Let him think positive of you this one time. You've done it for me, so don't pretend you can't do it because I won't believe you.”
Leon tilted his head slightly to one side, and blinked in surprise. Just like Abby, to consider Jeeves's feelings... And even his relationship with his butler.
Just like Abby... Always so sweet and considerate.
Leon gulped and bit his lip, feeling an uncomfortable fluttering sensation in his stomach again. She really wasn't making this easy.
He sighed heavily, then leaned back against the car, staring up into the cloudy sky.
Contrary to appearance, he and Jeeves actually had a rather good relationship... He understood Leon, and Leon was actually rather fond of him.
A faint smile lifted his lips.
Abby was right, of course. It wouldn't hurt to show it, for once...
A cold breath of wind rushed over him, and Leon shivered. He hoped Jeeves would get here soon... Because he didn't want to get into the car. He wanted to start distancing himself from Abby. Bit by bit... Just a little.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:34 am

I noticed he wasn't getting in the car, but I couldn't think for the likes of me why. Was he... avoiding me? Why? What had I done?
Frowning slightly, I sighed and turned on the radio. Katie Drake blasted through the speakers, singing an original acoustic version of 'In Your Shoes'.
If I could live one day in your shoes
To know exactly what it's like to be you
To know all the problems you go through,
To be you.
I'd like to live your live for a while,
To truly understand what makes you smile,
to share in all your joy, all of me, all of you.

I nodded my head to the steady beat, humming along to the catchy tune. Before I knew it, I was singing along as well.
What are you thinking?
What's you perspective?
All of your hopes and all your dreams,
Finding a way to understand you, sharing a love thats truly real.

After the song had finished, I sat in silence for a few moments. Then my eyes caught a pair of men's shades in the cup holder in the door. I picked them up and slipped them on.
Oh yeah. Cool dude.
“Hey, Leon. How do I look?” I teased, pouting dramatically.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:47 am

Leon turned as he heard Abby's voice from behind him. He had been so enthralled in listening to the music humming from the car speakers that he had almost forgotten she was there...
When he saw her in the sunglasses, however, he couldn't help but laugh.
His amusement only lasted a moment, however, before he registered exactly how beautiful she seemed to him at that moment.
What the Hell's wrong with me...? He wondered hopelessly, as his heart seemed to skip a beat. This sucks...
"You look amazing." He replied with a smile - obviously too distracted to comprehend humour.
"Ah, Jeeves is here, that was quick..."
Leaping at the excuse, Leon hurried over to greet his butler.
"You seem stressed, Master Leon." Jeeves pointed out as he handed Leon a can of petrol.
"You've no idea..." He muttered in response, rolling his eyes.
"Has Miss Abby forgiven you?" Jeeves asked sympathetically - seeming somewhat surprised when Leon nodded in response.
"It's a long story." He laughed. "But listen Jeeves, thanks for this. And for everything. I appreciate it." Jeeves raised one eyebrow, and stared disbelievingly at Leon.
Leon met his gaze challengingly, one corner of his mouth lifting in a smirk.
Finally, he winked. Jeeves responded with a smile, and the two parted ways.

"Got the gas." Leon announced with a grin, jogging back to Abby. He poured it into the tank, then tossed the empty can into the boot, and climbed into the car - sitting in the passenger side next to Abby.
Take the f***ing sunglasses off.
He begged silently, staring out the window to keep from looking at her.
You look so darn cute, I don't think I can stand it any longer.
This sucks.
This really, really sucks...

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next