Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

!! Polo and Abba RP

2 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

!! Polo and Abba RP - Page 6 Empty Re: !! Polo and Abba RP

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:51 pm

For the next few Days, Dash just avoided anything that could remind him of Robin. He didn't go to school, but threw himself into his work instead - and though it tired him, he found that he got more done, and soon enough he found that he had enough to pay the bills, and still be able to afford food afterwards.
A week went by before Dash showed up at school again.
Everybody seemed shocked and downhearted after hearing about Robin's death - and everywhere he went, he heard people saying 'But she seemed so happy', or asking 'Why did she do it'.
This left Dash feeling more frustrated than he had in his life.
Didn't anybody see?! This was no suicide - this was murder!
He wasn't sure of many things; but the one thing he was sure of was that he knew Robin from start to finish. She wouldn't have killed herself, and he knew he was right!
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:57 pm

Rorie locked herself up in her room. She didn't want to leave. she didn't want to go to school. In fact - her dad couldn't even get her out of the house. He was so desperate he wanted to find this Dash and get him to get Rorie out of her room. All she had been doing was sketching the same two things over and over again. The car crash. And the scene of Robin on the bed. She was crying. She had barely eaten. She had taken a shower - but she wouldn't touch the food and she would drink the water. It was all too much for her to deal with and she was breaking down. She couldn't understand how he thought it was a murder when it had been declared a suicide. But it was tearing her apart. And with each stroke of the pencil the scene that was stuck in her head became more and more vivid. If he knew something was wrong but needed proof the proof might be in this picture. But she couldn't and wouldn't leave this room. It hurt her too much to look at the people. And she didn't want to think about it all.

That night her dad went out to eat and found Dash working at the burger place and begged him to find a way to get Rorie out of the house.

((hope you don't mind the skip XD))
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

http://kaydeniro.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:40 am

When Rorie's father came up to him at the burger place, Dash knew that something was wrong.
The man told him about Rorie, how she wouldn't leave her room, and Dash promised solemnly that he would do the best he could.

He arrived at Rorie's house later that evening - around 8PM, after his shift had ended - and parked his bike outside.
Rorie's father let him in to the house, and showed him up to her room.
"Rorie?" He called, knocking on the door. "It's Dash. Let me in."

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:02 am

"Go away Dad," Rorie said in response to her name before she heard the Dash comment. Why was he here? Robin couldnt have possibly told him that she hadnt been at school. She didnt understand why he was here. With tears still in her eyes she slid to her door before unlocking it and peering through to see Dash there, in the flesh. With a sigh she let him in before shutting the door and locking it. "Wha-what are you doing here?" she whispered, sitting down on her bed and running her fingers through her hair. She was a mess. A complete amd total mess. Multiple sketches strewn across the room, a thinner frame. She didnt know what to think anymore.
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:27 am

"Got a problem with it?" Dash asked as he stepped into the room, ruffling Rorie's messy hair. "I'm worried about you." He explained, answering the question, "Is that a crime?" He managed a faint smile to go with the gentle teasing, and sat down beside her on the bed.
"Look, I know this is tough... I've been struggling too, trust me. But life goes on, Rorie. You can't hide in here forever." He grasped her chin gently between thumb and forefinger, and raised her head so he could meet her eyes.
"Look at you." He murmured, teasing slightly, "You're as much of a mess as me."
He smiled at her for a moment, then stood and offered his hand to help her up. "Come - we're getting out of here. I don't care if you only go as far as the garden, but you've got to get out of this room. I'm not taking no for an answer, Rorie. If you're struggling, then talk to me. I'm still your friend, and I'm here for you."
He fell silent after that, gazing intently at her - his hand waiting patiently for her to take it.
He was gentle and encouraging, but there was a demanding aura in his stance. He was not going to back down.

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:25 pm

"I can and I will," she muttered before he gently raised her chin so that she had to look at him. "Was that supposed to make me feel better she whispered, closing her eyes and looking away for a moment. She felt him stand up and she opened her eyes again to look a him only to see a hand in her face. "I really don't want to, Dash" she said, looking between his hand and his face. "I just can't make sense of anything... and what you said about a murder was bothering me." she paused and took in a short breath. Rummaging around she found one of the drawings. Quietly she handed it to him, face down, instead of taking his hand and then spoke again, "I don't - I don't know how much this can help you. I don't know how much it will hurt you either. But... it 's all I can do to help when I don't believe the same thing happened," she closed her eyes, pulling her knees up to her chest and looking to see his reaction. She didn't want to hurt him - but she was hoping it would help in some way. She broke, tears in her eyes again. "I just want to remember, Dash. And I'm getting these fragments that don't make any sense. And I don't think I can deal with people right now," she whimpered, before letting her eyes close again.
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:29 am

Dash sighed at Rorie's refusal, looking down and shaking his head sadly. Maybe he'd been a fool to think she'd listen to him... Maybe they just weren't as close as he'd thought.
His jaw tightening, and he glanced down at the piece of paper that she had placed in his hand.
He turned it over, and felt his heart sink at the sight of Robin, lying still as death, even in a pencil sketch. It didn't shock him - because that scene had repeated so many times in his mind anyway that he had become numb to it. It just reminded him of what he had lost, and the cold, hollow feeling in the pit of his stomach came back to gnaw at him.
He heard Rorie saying something about how she still didn't believe his theory, but he made no move to defend it. It didn't matter any more... The truth wouldn't bring Robin back.
I just want to remember, Dash. And I'm getting these fragments that don't make any sense. And I don't think I can deal with people right now,"
At this, he finally looked up from the drawing again, and his eyes fell upon Rorie. He felt instantly guilty... Nothing he did could help Robin now - but he could still be there for Rorie. It was time he got his priorities straight.
"Look, Ror." He began reasonably, "You once told me that you didn't want pity or special treatment. So now I'm not going to give you any." He set the paper down on her bed, and met her eyes firmly.
"This is the real world, Rorie. I know it's hard, but you can't just lock yourself away from everybody every time you feel like you can't cope. I used to do the same thing, and you wouldn't believe what a shock it was for me when suddenly there was nobody behind me to pick up my slack. You can't keep turning and running forever. Trust me, I've been there."
He took a deep breath, then his expression softened, and he went on kindly in a gentler voice, "You've been through a lot... More than anybody should have to go through." He frowned slightly, showing concerned sympathy for his friend, no matter how hard he tried not to. "I understand that. I can't imagine how it must hurt you, but-" He broke off a moment, took a breath, and finished, "I just don't see how locking yourself away in this room is going to help you any. If you want to remember, then get out there and live life! You're not going to find out anything if you don't experience anything."
He offered his hand again, and said with a firm voice, "You don't have to deal with people. Just leave this house - that's all I'm asking." He took her hand gently, then, unwilling to listen to any more excuses. "Let's just go for a drive, and get away from it all. I won't make you speak to another soul, I swear. You don't even have to talk to me if you don't want to - but you have to get back to your life."
He met her eyes, and with an honest smile that cost him more than it ever had, he whispered, "Trust me."

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:22 am

Rories breathing shuddered a little. He was right. But she really couldnt mentally cope around people right now. He took her hand, dropping the sketch on the bed and told her that they were going. At least for a drive. No contact with people. She bit her lip, wanting to refuse again but not wanting to lose a friend. She prepared herself to say no. And was starting to say it when the words 'Trust me' reached her ears. With a sigh she stood up, trembling a little. "Fine. As long as I dont have to talk to anyone new," she whispered, looking up at him as she fought back tears. Just make it all go away. She looked presentable, just not her normal self. But it would do becuase she didnt want to spend the time getting fixed up. She knew if she did she wouldnt leave. Part of her screaming no. The other part wanting to do it because she liked Dash as so much more and couldnt bear to lose him either. "thank you, for not giving up on me," she whispered.

((powerplay all you need to get them on the bike/somewhere else))
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:46 am

"Hey." He replied softly, managing an encouraging smile, "I never give up on anybody. It's not my style."
He flashed a wink, then squeezed Rorie's hand reassuringly, and walked with her out to the bike. He had brought a spare helmet - smaller than his - for this very purpose, and he fitted it over Rorie's head, then tapped teasingly on the top of it.
"Come on." He said, buckling on his own helmet, then mounting the bike, and revving up the engine.

He waited until Rorie had got on behind him, then he set off.
He wasn't sure where he was going, or how long it would take him to get there. All he knew was that he had a full tank of gas ((Laaawl, I'm American. XD )), and there was nothing to stop him.
Once he hit the open road, he accelerated, and his Drag Star's powered-up engine roared in glee - sending them speeding along, wind buffeting them from either side.

For a long time, he just drove - letting the speed lash away all the worries and fears.
Only once they were far enough into the middle of absolutely nowhere, did Dash finally pull up.
He slowed, and turned off the highway onto a smaller road, then off that onto a little dirt sideroad, which eventually melted away into a clearing of sorts at the edge of a forest. There were a few picnic tables that looked as though they hadn't been used in years, and a ramshackle wooden hut which might have been for a security guard years ago, but was now sealed with a rusty padlock, and had grass growing through its wooden slats.
Tall pine trees stretched up high above them, and after the recent rain, the world smelled fresh and new.
Dash killed the engine, and let the silence envelop him for a while.
"Wanna take a walk?" He asked at last, lifting off his helmet, and buckling it to the handlebars of the bike.

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:53 pm

Rorie bit her lip, taking her helmet off and clipping it on one of the handlebars. She looked around, her eyes taking in the scenery as she tried to block out everything - all of the memories that kept coming towards her. The silence was calming - but so was the silence in her room. Soon he asked her if she wanted to go for a walk and she managed a slight nod. "Yea I guess," she whispered, looking over to him and managing a tiny smile before hopping off the bike

((not american yet XD))
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:44 pm

"Come on, then."
Dash took Rorie's hand, and headed out into the forest - walking steadily beside her, and calming her with his his quiet presence. Somewhere overhead, an owl hooted, and the trees creaked as the wind touched their great boughs, sending the odd leaf fluttering toward the ground. It was beautiful.
"What's scaring you?" Dash asked at last - still not letting go of Rorie's hand, and just staring straight ahead of him as he walked. "Talk to me about it." He paused, and glanced toward her, smiling confidently, "We can get through this, you know. Together."

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:54 pm

"You don't-" she paused seeing his face and then hearing the rest of it. She swallowed, the images flashing through her head. "I know my mom's dead. But, I've never been able to piece together how exactly... Ever since - you know - I've been seeing these 'flashes' of her, covered in blood... passed out on the steering wheel with smoke flooding into the cabin. I see a girl behind us - but I can't even place who she is or what she's doing in the car - she's covered in blood also and crying out in pain. And I'm stuck in there. I thought it was a dream... until I actually looked at myself and noticed the scars... that matched what I could see as my injuries. But I don't see anything except that. And I don't know if I want to know more. But at the same time I'm fed up with not knowing anything," she choked up, her eyes immediately breaking their gaze towards him and instead heading towards the ground on her right side (as he was on the left). Tears filled her eyes again. "It's just too much. And I still don't even know what happened to place us in that burning car. I'd been seeing flashes of it before - but never inside. Just outside and the faint figure of three people. I'm - Dash - I'm sorry - I just I can't," she whispered, freezing up completely on the subject. It was getting too hard. It was going too personal. Hell it had gone to personal at the very beginning of this conversation, but she knew he wouldn't back down until he heard the story and that was all she could give.
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:22 am

"That's okay." Dash soothed, slipping an arm over Rorie's shoulders, and rubbing her back comfortingly. "That sounds quite traumatic..." He mused sombrely, "I'm sorry you've had to go through so much."
He reached out impulsively, and pulled her into a hug - embracing her gently to his chest. He stood silently for a while, just holding her, and listening to the gentle silence of the night.
Somewhere nearby, a night bird called, and the spell was broken.
"You don't have to say any more." He murmured softly, setting her at an arm's length, "But any time you want to talk about it, I'm here. I want you to know that, Rorie... I'll always be here to support you." He smiled at her - but since Robin's death, his smile seemed to have lost something. It was mechanical in the way it lifted his lips, but sincere though it was, it didn't quite reach his eyes.
Dash kept a brave face, and went on with life - but inwardly, he was still hurting terribly. It was difficult... Accepting a world where he knew Robin would never speak to him again.
"So..." He turned away, walking off a few steps, "What now? D'you want to walk some more? Or head back?" He turned, and glanced questioningly at Rorie, "We could just stay here and talk for a while if you like. Whatever you want."

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:24 pm

As he yanked her into his chest she felt herself collapse, letting the silent tears fall. And he didn't let go for a while - when he did she was a little calmer than before and he talked about going back, walking more, or just sitting. She thought, still not wanting to be out around people, but it was feeling so good to stretch her legs out. "We can walk some more," she whispered, her eyes sad and stressed out unsure of how to word anything to even be able to talk about it. Let alone really wanting to do it.

((so busy with camp. so sorry luv))
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:57 am

((No worries. Smile ))

"Okay, then." Dash replied softly, falling into step beside Rorie. He didn't say anything - just walked quietly through the trees, listening to the sounds of the leaves crunching beneath his feet. No words needed to be exchanged - not just yet.
They walked for quite some time in silent companionship, until finally Dash broke the silence.
"We should head back." He said, "I'm gonna have to work tomorrow..." A heavy sigh escaped his lips - and for the first time, he showed that he was letting it all get to him. Usually he was the 'grin and bear it' type, but no matter how hard he tried, it was just becoming too much.
"Oh, that reminds me," He added, turning back to Rorie with a strained smile. "We have a test on Friday. You should really try to make it - I'll make sure everyone leaves you alone. I'll stop by and see you tomorrow afternoon, and I can show you the work then if you like. Otherwise, if you really don't feel up to it, I'll see if I can make up some story so the teacher lets you retake it."
He nodded in the direction they had come, indicating for Rorie to follow him as he started walking back.
He wished he could have stayed out longer, but it was late, and he needed every second of sleep he could get.

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:44 pm

((-so out of it-))

Rorie nodded her head and followed him back towards his bike. "I'll try, but I can't promise I'll even last all day," she whispered before putting the helmet back on and letting him take her back home. Once she was situated in her room her father went out and thanked him a million times over.

On Friday she showed up at school, still not looking like herself.
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:29 am

Dash saw Rorie off with a brief hug, And waved off her father's thanks - his perpetual smile never wavering.
He spend most of his time until Friday either working or studying, but he didn't actually make it to school. He did visit Rorie a couple of times to show her what work they were writing on - but they were short visits, since he always had somewhere else to rush off to afterwards.
He did show up for the test, though, and he was pleasantly surprised when he saw Rorie arrive a little after him.
He walked straight over to her - and from the second she set foot on the school grounds, he was glued to her side like a loyal dog, determined to protect her from the tiresome flocks of people rushing about the school.
"How're you holding up?" He asked quietly as he led her to their usual spot under the tree - keen to keep away from everybody until class began.

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:07 am

Rorie followed him rather obediently towards the tree before collapsing down beside him and watching as everyone raced by. "Horribly. Im not getting any sleep. And this doesnt make any sense," she said gesturing towards the books which she was usually capable of fishing her way through and understanding. "It wont make a difference if i were to even just not take the test because either way its horrible," she managed to whisper before looking over towards him. "How about you?" she asked, gently tilting her head to the side in a questioning manner as she attempted to tune out the rest of the conversations.
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:15 am

"Welcome to my world." Dash laughed, rolling his eyes. Tired, and totally unable to understand the work. Yup, that sounded like him...
"Come on." He said, dragging his books out of his bag. "We have a few minutes, and I almost understand this stuff. I'm sure we can make some sense of it between the two of us."
He smiled, and paged to the section of work they were covering - then started going through it with Rorie, until they both had a slightly better grasp of what was going on.
All too soon, it seemed, the bell to signal the start of class rang, and Dash was forced to pack his books away.
"We should hang out after school." Dash decided, turning brightly back to Rorie. "It's the end of the month, so I figure I deserve a little time off!" He uttered a quiet laugh, then added, "What do you say to renting a couple of horses for a beach ride or something?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:52 pm

Rorie nodded her head and thanked him for the help with the stuff. It was making sense. Hopefully enough sense that she passed. "that sounds like fun..." she said with a gentle bob of her head before looking towards him. "If you ever need help I am here - ya know? You don't have to always be working," she added, biting her lip and looking away a bit shyly before gathering all of her books and beginning to follow him towards the testing room.
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:18 am

(("Testing room" makes it sound like an HIV test. XD Haha! ))

Dash glanced up at Rorie's offer, feeling rather touched, and a warm smile spread across his face. "Thanks." He replied earnestly, "But I don't take handouts..." He pulled a face, and shook his head - falling into step beside her. "It's just not my style."
He flashed a brief wink, then grasped Rorie's hand as they reached the class - shouldering his way through the throngs of students to get her safely to a desk at the back.
He took the seat beside her, and after a few minutes, the test began.

By the end of it, Dash was pretty sure he had failed - but he'd given it his best shot, and he hoped he might be lucky.
"How was it?" He asked Rorie as they got up and headed toward the door, "I didn't understand question 6 at all. How the hell do I know what the chemical equation for photosynthesis is?! I just drew a picture of a plant." He laughed, and rolled his eyes, then glanced back toward Rorie, wearing that cheerful smile of his that had been somewhat scarce in the past few weeks.

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:17 pm

((XD That's what we call 'em though!))

Rorie shrugged. "I don't even know what i answered on half of the questions. But, I can tell you drawing a flower isn't going to get you anything." she said with a shake of the head. She followed him out of the room and then hunkered down in the cafeteria with him. Really, she just wanted to go home - but she couldn't do anything about that.
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:33 pm

"At least I failed with style!" Dash shot back, "It's like Einstein said: If you judge a fish by his ability to climb a tree, he'll spend his whole life believing he's stupid."
He flashed a grin, and ruffled Rorie's hair, then glanced up to find that he had subconsciously followed her to the cafeteria.
He didn't intend to eat - the cafeteria was way too overpriced for him - so he sat down at the table with a weary sigh, and glanced up at Rorie.
"Hey," He said suddenly, "You're gonna think I've gone off my rocker - but wanna skive the rest of today? I kinda feel like I'm wasting my time here, after that test..." He chuckled under his breath, feeling rather surprised at this uncharacteristic rebellious thinking of his.
Still... It was obvious he needed some time to relax and unwind.

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:36 pm

((isn't it like 6am for you? or... later... you are in africa not aussie... neverminddd xD))

Rorie looked up to him. "Sure. I don't really want to be around everyone anyways." she muttered, rolling her shoulders back as she managed to give him a tiny grin before fixing her hair again.
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:10 pm

((Nearly 11PM. But I've been up since before 7, and I've been riding and working with horses in the pouring rain all day, so I'm totally finished. XD
Speakig of which - Dude, if you don't give me enough to reply to, my muse seriously isn't going to stick around. Just warning you. Razz ))

"Right, let's go then." Dash replied, standing up, and smiling tiredly.
He led Rorie outside to his bike, gave her his helmet, and started it up. "Where d'you wanna go?" He asked over the purring of the engine, casting a glance over his shoulder and waiting for her response.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next