Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deshy-Alpha (IronMan) [mature content 18+ Rated M]

2 posters

Page 32 of 35 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next

Go down

Deshy-Alpha (IronMan) [mature content 18+ Rated M] - Page 32 Empty Re: Deshy-Alpha (IronMan) [mature content 18+ Rated M]

Post  Deshychan Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:37 pm

She saw it as Tony's face lite up after Rhodes' little speech, His lips pressing to the side of her face was a slight indication that he was about to get up and give one himself. "As best man, I think I've earned a spot for a speech, what do you think Rhodey?" Pepper smiled, holding back a chuckle. "Too late, I'm giving one" she chuckled at that, of course he'd give one, it was compulsary. Her hand found his, just her fingers sliding into his hand. "So, I've known Rhodey for what, like over twenty years. And I remember sitting around in his apartment haven a drink and cracking jokes. We still do it now, but something's changed. Back then, we made a pact, we'd be bachelors forever. And you know, over the years both of us, after we grew out of being cocky frat boys--" "You're still cocky" Pepper chuckled at the sheer look upon Tony's face. Rhodey had a point though, he was still cocky, in some ways, but she kind of liked that about him, sometimes. "Well we grew up, and realized, that it isn't what we wanted. And here we stand today, each of us with the one person we love more than anything in this world." A huge smile grew on her face when he looked down to her, giving her that smile she loved so much. Giving his hand a gentle squeeze. "Our other halves that make us smile like we never smiled before. I guess what I'm trying to say here is, don't set anything in stone that you really don't want, at the time you may think you wanna stay single for the rest of your life, when really..what happened today is more than you could ever dream of. And after all of this, I cant wait until its my turn." She raised her glass with everyone else, yes it was champagne, but it was a wedding and it would look silly if she didn't have atleast this one glass for the toast. "So best wishes to the happy couple, may your marriage last forever, and all that gushy stuff" Pepper smiled up to him at that, now thinking of what he'd say when they finally got married. Taking a sip of her drink as did everyone else, though she set her's to the side, not really feeling in the mood for drinking, plus it wasn't the best. sometimes expensive taste wasn't the best thing to have.
"I believe its time for the couple's first dance" Pepper smiled looking on overat Rhodes and Marie to catch their reaction. She watched them as Rhodes asked for her hand and then lead her out to the dance floor, where they both danced. Tony's arm drapped over her, signaling her to snuggle up to him, though before she could get closer to him, his hand found hers. "You wanna dance?" Her lips parted, unsure what to say, she wasn't feeling exactly up for it, but she did want to dance, with him. Without giving her much choice she was pulled (gently), to her feet. She smiled up to him when they hit the floor, his free hand resting on the small of her back and kept her other in his. She looked right up into his eye's barely pulling her glance from his. "Wont be long before that's us" She chuckled following his gaze, then found it again as he looked back towards her. "I can rest my head on you shoulder if you like" She teased, knowing that he wasn't meaning that at all, but she was just playing him, knowing how much it bothered him when she pretended they weren't engaged.
The dance floor gathered just a few other couples, most of them too sober to really get up and dance just yet. The night still young. As the song slowly faded she expected to leave the floor, though Tony, just stayed put,keeping her on the dance floor, almost as if he was trying to show her of to the rest of the people. In a way it made her feel somewhat special, to know he was proud to be with her. Though when she was already tired more dancing wasn't really helping her. And she was starting to feel a little nauseous. She pushed it to the side, just for once wanting to be able to enjoy herself without any more issues. Though the more she stayed on the dance floor with him, the more the pain grew, to which it was coming almost unbareable. The colour washed from her face, causeing a falter in her step, alerting Tony, whom just slowed down for her. "Tony..I .." she swollowed trying not to make to much of a scene. "I need air" her voice came out a little breathlessly and slightly inaudiable. He danced her across the floor, then pulled her away and out through some secluded doors. As soon as the cool air hit her skin, beads of sweat gathered on the surface of her skin. A hand to her face made her eyes open, staring right into deep brown pools.
Deshychan
Deshychan

http://viceroybutterfly.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Deshy-Alpha (IronMan) [mature content 18+ Rated M] - Page 32 Empty Re: Deshy-Alpha (IronMan) [mature content 18+ Rated M]

Post  Alpha Female Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:52 pm

Tony felt the falter in her step and slowed, his mind going into overdrive. The woman never missed a beat unless something was wrong. He looked down at her and he could see the struggle in her eyes. Something was ailing her, as to what he had no idea. "Tony..I…" "I need air" he let her go, still kind of frozen in place as she darted outside. However he unstuck his feet and hurried after her, the crowd not even noticing their absence. Finding her outside he felt the coolness hit his face, spotting her he walked over, noticing the glisten on her skin from the outside candle-lights that provided some light on the porch. He rested a hand on her clammy cheek and she looked up at him. "Sweetheart, you alright?" He asked gently still seeing the struggle and pain in her eyes. "Sit down for a minute, you look like you're ready to pass out" He said pulling her gently over to a bench behind a pillar blocking the wind and the chill. He rubbed her back softly and measured her expression. One of the staff members spotted them and rushed over, "Is she alright?" Tony looked up at the older woman, maybe ten years older than Pepper and him. "Could you grab her a bottle of water?" He asked and she nodded hurrying off back inside. He reached up and moved her hair off her neck, feeling the heat radiating from her skin, like she was running a fever. "God, Pep" He sighed and held her red hair off her neck letting the cool air wash over her skin.
The hostess came back with a bottle of water and a damp towel, "Thanks" Tony said taking them both in one hand, managing to drape the cool towel over her neck while he unscrewed the cap off the bottle handing it to her. "You feel sick?" He asked seeing how drained she'd become, even behind the make up she wore, it came through on the bits she missed around her neck and the parts that she practically sweated off. Tony gave the woman a look, letter her leave and they were alone again. "If you're gonna get sick let me know" He said quietly keeping all of his undivided attention on her.
Alpha Female
Alpha Female
Admin

https://darkest-secrets.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:02 am

"Sweetheart, you alright?" She just looked at him, afraid that if she spoke she might just throw up. "Sit down for a minute, you look like you're ready to pass out" he was right, she felt like she was going to throw up then pass out. Not even throwing on the breaks as he guided her over to the bench, glad that he was there at her side, supporting her, for if she was alone she possibly would have just passed out by now. Sitting down her head fell forward into her hands, trying to keep herself from either throwing up or passing out. His hand rubbing over her back helped to distract her mind. "Is she alright?" Pepper sighed gently, she didn't want a circus act, but it was sure they would get some attention here. "Could you grab her a bottle of water?" She just sat there, not ever bothered how they were talking about her like she wasn't there, she was glad actually that he knew her so well. When he pulled herhair of the back of her neck, the coolness of the air that washed over her made her feel just that little bit better. "God, Pep".
The cool towel draped over the back of her neck was a huge releif from her sudden sweat. Sitting up when the bottle was handed over to her, she took it from him, looking up into his eyes. "You feel sick?" taking a careful sip of the cool water, she manage to find her voice, somewhat. "A little" was all she said, taking another sip from the bottle, though it was starting to feel heavy in her gut. "If you're gonna get sick let me know" She looked up to him, her hand finding his, linking her fingers through with his own.
She stayed quiet for some time, just trying to get herself back on track, though nothing was really helping her, well just having him with her helped. Leaning back into the bench, the motion pulling at her stomache just made the pain worse. Just as she was about to relax down onto him, the sound of hurried footsteps caught her attention. she didn't move though to even get a look, having a feeling she knew who it was and just like that she came into view, a worried look on her face. Pepper gave her a sheepish smile. "Is everything alright" Marie asked a little worried, looking at both Tony and the Pepper, seeing the state her friend was in it made her a little skeptical. "Tony can you fetch my bag please" She asked carefully and with a sheepish smile, knowing he would, but also he wouldn't really want to leave her alone. Seeing the slight hesitation on his face she twisted her body towards him, covering her other hand over their entiwned ones. "Marie will stay with me, I'll be okay" she gave him as much of a smile as she could manage. His lips pressed to the side of her face as he got up and left the two alone. At that Marie sat down with Pepper. "Marie .. I.. I think I'm loosing the baby" She was blunt and right to the point, making Marie a little stunned. "How.. How am I supposed to tell him.. It'll crush him" Marie placed a hand upon her friends shoulder. "Pep, don't you think your being a little hasty?" Pepper sighed gently. "How do you know your losing the baby? People go through so many problems when carrying. Sometimes people have even bled and still the baby is fine. I know you're scared and I know its hard for you. But keep your chin up. Yes Tony will be upset about it, of course he will be and so will you, But you both will have each other to get you through it; If worse comes to worse" Marie gave a gentle smile hoping to reasure her friend. At that Tony came back through the doors.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Female Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:02 pm

Even if she stayed silent, he stayed with her, not pressing her about how she felt; nothing. Just being there for her when she needed him most. Tony looked up hearing the sound of heels and hurried footsteps, his gut twisting in guilt when he saw Marie, the star of the night, hurrying towards them. But could he blame her? They were best friends, and Marie was worried, he could tell by the look on her face. "Is everything alright" Tony gave Marie an unsure look and that was when Pepper moved to speak. "Tony, can you fetch my bag please?" He didn't want to leave her at first, but he would do anything for her at this point. Her sheepish smile only made him want to stay but it was something she needed that was in her bag. "Marie will stay with me, I'll be okay" She was right, Marie would stay and she'd be alright. "Real quick" He said pressing his lips to the side of her face softly and headed off back inside.
As he walked in, he bumped into Rhodey, he too had the same look on his face that Marie did. "What's going on?" He asked as Tony walked with him back to their table. "I dunno, Pepper's not feeling good, I think she caught a bug or something" Tony said looking around for her bag, finding it on a chair he plucked it up and made his way back out. "You think it has anything to do with the baby?" Rhodey asked cautiously which brought Tony's feet to an abrupt stop. That was the last possibility he wanted to even think about let alone consider. "I-uh..I don't think so, I mean the doctor said this was pretty common, so maybe its just a wave of something" Tony replied warily. Rhodey caught up to him as he unstuck his feet. "Common for what though…" Rhodey was sensing that this wasn't the every day issue. He could just feel it in his gut, but could he even bring it up with his best friend who seemed to light up like a Christmas tree at the thought of becoming a dad? Of course not, it hurt him, even. Tony didn't answer, he just kept walking trying to chase the thoughts from his head. He made it back to the bench and handed her the clutch, "Pepper, you want me to take you home?" He asked and sat down with her again. He just wanted her to be comfortable, he himself hated feeling like shit and would want the same. Hell, even with his phobia of germs, he'd stay with her and hold her in his arms if it meant making her feel a little better. His hand rested on her back softly and could tell, between Marie and Pepper, that there was something she wasn't telling him. But he wasn't going to press the issue, not right now.
Alpha Female
Alpha Female
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:09 am

As Tony handed her the clutch she gave him a careful smile, leaning more towards him when he sat down with her. "Pepper, you want me to take you home?" She sighed gently. Knowing that it was possibly for the best, though a part of her wanted to stay at the wedding, but not knowing what might come of her, wouldn't make the night all that fun for the either of them. "Maybe" she grimaced her gaze flicking to Marie, who just seemed to give her a gentle smile. "Don't worry about me Pepper, get yourself home if you feel its better that way" Marie gave her a gentle squeeze on her amr, just hopeing for all hope that her friend was going to be okay. with what she had shared with her, scared her even, just for her friend. Pepper's gaze dropped to the bag in her hand, not even sure why she'd really asked for it, or what she was doing. "Marie do you mind?" she asked gently, giving her a look, hoping she'd understand what she meant. At that Marie stood. "I should possibly get back anyway" She gave a gentle smile, paused an then headed back. Rhodes practically jumping her as she walked through the door. "What's up?" He asked hoping she might know more than what Tony was letting up, surely it couldn't be as bad as his friend was acting. Marie felt a little uncomfortable discussing it here, her gaze flicked back towards the doors. "I'll tell you later" Marie glanced back to Rhodes, giving him a gentle smile, though laced with worry for Pepper. In seeing the look on her face Rhodes wrapped an arm around her and pulled her along. "well people have been asking for you, they want to see the bride" He smiled, trying to keep the mood on the positive and trying to distract her also.
Once Marie left Pepper fell silent again, though this time, she was just trying to gather herself for what she could tell him, at what she thought might be going on. She had to tell him, he deserved that much, if not more. If she didn't say anything to him it'd just make him a little ill manoured; which she could understand completely. He hated it when she didn't share things and vice versa. She turned to him; well just tilted her head up to get a look at him better, from the position she had taken to leaning on him. "Tony..." she started, but found it hard to carry on. Feeling him shift slightly, made her sit up just a little more. "I feel... I feel like there's something wrong. Like something just dosen't seem right to me. And I think the doctor's not letting up on as much as he knows, Maybe it's just me. But i just feel there's something more to this and not in a good way. I feel like we're loosing the baby" She spoke on a sigh, just waiting for his reaction, knowing he'd possibly tense up then try and reasure her, but then they'd never been in this position, so now she was nervous on how he'd react. She wasn't ready to loose eitherof them.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Female Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:44 pm

Tony watched them leave and looked back at Pepper with concern. She seemed to have been going through an internal battle, like she was trying to decide on something. "Tony.." "I feel..I feel like theres something wrong. Like something just doesn't seem right to me. And I think the doctor's not letting up on as much as he knows, maybe its just me. But I just feel there's something more to this and not in a good way. I feel like we're losing the baby" His world came to a screeching halt, he could almost hear the squeal of tires as he stared past her now. Just staring into nothing. His eyes burned and welled with tears. He slipped into a world of nothingness. What made him feel this way was the one phrase that echoed in his mind Trust a mother's intuition No. No he wasn't loosing this. He couldn't, not when they already have gotten so far, this couldn't happen again..having something taken from him that he loved. Yes, he loved this baby, just as much as he loved the woman carrying it. "N-No" He managed to get out, but his voice was still strained. He stood and began to pace in front of her. "I cant.. I cant go through this..losing someone else..I cant" Even if he never even met the baby, it still meant so much to him. He finally moved and sat back down with his head in his hands.
He just sat there, the heels of his hands digging into his eye sockets. Taking slow deep breaths, trying to cope with the thought alone that drove him insane and twisted his heart around itself. After a bit he calmed himself down and he looked over at her, taking her hand in his. "Can..Can we just go home? I..I need to get out of here" He said quietly and gave her a pleading look. He knew how she still felt, with her fever and aches. But he just couldn't be here right now. The wedding only reminded him how his life was coming to an abrupt stop, and he just couldn't take it right now. "Or if you wanna stay..i can pick you up later, I just…I'm sorry" He said his voice faltering, realizing how selfish he sounded about asking to leave over some news he just received, but he didn't know what else to do. He was scared, the great Tony Stark..Iron Man was scared out of his wits.
Alpha Female
Alpha Female
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:50 pm

Her head fell into her hands, feeling the way he froze at her side, she knew then that he wasn't taking this so well, wishing now she'd just left it alone. Maybe her huanch was wrong. "N-No" his voice just made her sigh, coming out on a quiver of her lips. This was not good. She felt it when he stood, the space at her side, now letting the cold wind brush against her bare arms and legs, a shiver running down her spine. Pulling her head from her hands, but kept her chin resting upon them, just watching as he paced the floor a foot her. "I cant.. I cant go through this..losing someone else..I cant" She felt her chest tighten, taking in a double intake of air as she tried to calm herself down. "Tony..please... just.." she could barely say much but atleast he sat back down next to her, though when his head fell into his hands her heart sank. Shifting towards him she draped her arm over his back, her other hand coming to rest upon his arm. "Your not the only one that's loosing something tony" her words came out a little bitter, wishing that she' just said something else, but maybe the cold truth would bring him back to her. she stayed silent with him, just focusing on her breaths, trying to keep herself calm, the least she needed right now was another episode, not when Tony was kind of having one himself. Not really expecting him to react this way it was making her feel a little numb, in a way it seemed like it wasn't really effecting her and it was hurting him more than it should. Taking in a deep breath as he moved, knocking her from her mini trance in some way. His hand finding hers she dropped her glance to them. "Can..Can we just go home? I..I need to get out of here" She looked up only to be locked in his gaze, the pain and emotions her felt clear in his eyes and she just couldn't pull herself from it, trapped, frozen. Her eyes just glazed over, barely showing anything, though inside she wanted this to never have happened, to be the one cuasing him more pain only made her feel worse and each time she looked at him a part of her broke, a cold chill ran through hereverytime, like a part of her was encased in ice. "Or if you wanna stay..i can pick you up later, I just…I'm sorry" She snapped out of it at that, she wasn't going to leave him alone, not like this, plus she didn't really want to be left alone, all she'd do is worry and get herself all worked up into a tizzy and that would just not help this matter anymore than needed. "No.. I'm going with you, I'm not leaving you. Right now we need each other" She stood, her working ethics and strong mind coming to play, everything push behind just like he'd done with her that time in New York, without him there, she not even be here. Now it was her turn to be the strong one. With their hands interlocked already she pulled him to his feet and walked back through into the party room, finding Marie. Though that proved a hefty task, there was many bodies here, most gathered on the dance floor,making it ard to define who's who. But she stopped on the higher area, looking out across spotting Rhodes right out of the crowd, knowing that Marie would be around some place close. Turning round to Tony she could see the look in his eye's, a sigh escaped her lips, just sheer worry for him. Her hand came up to rest upon his cheek,her thumb running over his cheek bone. "Look I'll go tell Rhodes we're leaving, why don't you go fetch the car and wait outside for me" She suggested, knowing that taking him into a crowd of people could make him snap. She paused before letting him go, kissing him breifly upon the lips, then moved of towards Rhodes, turning back to watch him a few times, a little skeptical upon leaving him alone, no matter how short that time was.
Upon reaching Rhodes he gave her a gentle smile, possibly seeing how much better she must have looked. Actually, she did feel better, much better and stronger in herself. Maybe it was becuase Tony was now the one feeling like shit, one of them had to always be the stronger one at somepoint. It was now her turn; even with her state, she had to get Tony through this with her. "Look we're going home Rhodes, I'm sorry to cut it so short, but.. something came up" a grimace pulled at her lips and Rhodes just gave her a nod of respect. "It's fine, Totally understand" he patted her on the arm, rubbing it gently just to share his concern. Peppers gaze flicked back to the doors, just hoping Tony hadn't already done something reckless, or he'd regret. "Thanks Rhodes" she smiled gently. "Ring if you need us, anytime pep" She hugged im briefly, though it caught him alittle of gaurd, not really used to that side of Pepper. But he knew what was going on, so it was perhaps because of having so much on her mind, she was acting out of the norm. Pepper left, quite quickly,not wanting to leave him much longer on his own, even though she would have prefered to have seen Marie upon leaving. The car was already idling when she opened the doors and she hurriedly got into the car. Her gaze falling right upon Tony as doing so. "Let's go home" was all she said. Her hand slipped into his, just trying to say that she was there and she wasn't going anywhere.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Female Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:11 pm

No..I'm going with you, I'm not leaving you. Right now we need each other" He looked down at their hands and sighed softly, tightening his grip around hers, letting her pull him to his feet. His feet numbly carrying him. He wasn't ready to go back in that room, not yet. No way. He'd lose it, feeling so close to people, with no room to breathe. And that struggle was clear on his face, not even able to react when she touched his face, "Look I'll go tell Rhodes we're leaving, why don't you go fetch the car and wait outside for me" He nodded giving her a kiss back, and letting her go, watching as she was easily swallowed up by the crowd. With a hard gulp he turned and headed out to the car, now feeling more alone than ever as he crossed the quiet parking lot. His mind instantly going back to the night he received the news of the crash and his parents' death. All of those emotions gearing up to hit him head on like a truck on a highway.
Pulling the car around he waited in his own agony for Pepper to come out, and it wasn't that he was impatient with her it was more that he hated being alone right now. Because being alone made one think, and that was the last thing on his list of things to do that day. His hands squeaked on the steering wheel as he writhed his hands tightly on the rubber. Chewing on his bottom lip he just stared at his dashboard. He..no she…no, no they were losing their baby. Their first child wouldn't even make it into the world, Tony couldn't even see his child for the first time. He wasn't sure if he should be upset, or angry. But either way he was heartbroken, and he couldn't imagine how Pepper was feeling. And he wasn't about to call her out on it, or be selfish about all of this, he would try his best not to. She was right, they needed each other more than anything right now. Tony jumped a little when she got in the car and his head snapped up and he looked over at her, "Let's go home His hand dropped from the wheel only to be caught by hers. His fingers tangled with hers and he took a deep breath before driving off and headed home.
The drive was silent, mostly because of Tony's nerves but the more he drove, the more visibly relaxed he became and wasn't sitting upright in his seat. Now he rested against the seat, like he normally drove and his eyes shut a little more to a normal look instead of a deer in headlights. Looking up, he saw that the green light ahead had grown 'stale' and he knew it was going to change, but he was already over that imaginary line where it was okay to race to make the light. Crossing that white line as the light turned yellow it all seemed to happen in slow motion yet so fast that he could do nothing about it. One minute he was awake and alert, the next he was pinned under crumpled steel and metal, glass in his hair and eyes. An armored truck t-boned the Spyder, going fast enough to crush the driver side like a tin can, making his car skid across the intersection and slam into a guard rail. Before it sped off like it never happened. Tony had been knocked out cold and the bent metal pinching him between it and his seat, and the steering console. Blood trickled down his forehead while it gushed from another hidden spot, falling down his nose and dripping off the tip. Not to mention the condition the rest of his body was in, his visible injuries were only the beginning. He certainly had a nice case of whiplash and a pretty handsome concussion from the airbags slamming his head back into the seat and knocking him around.
However, his hand still stayed in hers, but it was lifeless and limp as a wet noodle like the rest of him. It wasn't long before the police and paramedics came to the scene. Rushing instantly to Tony's side, that suffering the most damage along with him.He could almost see himself like he was having an out of body experience. His 'spirit' screaming at the paramedics to get to Pepper first, and that she was pregnant but the idiots wouldn't listen, but his spirit was relieved to hear Pepper speak up as another team rushed over to her side. Maneuvering her from the car the best they could, having to cut her out since the guardrail jammed the door. His hand falling from hers, not being able to take it back as it just flopped from her hand onto the seat. "Get her to the hospital, now!" One of the team members called out, before tapping into his radio calling for an air lift for Tony. Looking back as firefighters began carving him, carefully, from the crumbled driver side of the once pristine sports car.
Alpha Female
Alpha Female
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:59 am

The sheer silence of the journey just made everything feel eerie, in an odd way. The atmosphere of the car was rubbing of on her, the more tense he was the more it made her tense up. So when he began to relax, she did same thing. And the more he relaxed the better she felt. Glancing over to him a few times, wanting to say something, to just break the ice. But each time her lips parted nothing came out, her throat closed up and she just couldn't find anything to say. Staying silent along with him, she slowly began drifting of, her exhuastion soon taking over. Though just as her eye's closed they shot open at seeing the lights racing towards the car at the intersection. Then everything went black.
That was the last thing she remembered before waking up to a seering pain in her leg, Blue lights flickered on the backs of her eye lids and then voices shot through to her, brining her back round, her eyes opened. At first everything just seemed as it was, but as her vision cleared, things began to become clear. The shock slowly working to her as more of it came clear. Her breathing became ragged, every sound around her fade out, sounding as if she was deep underwater. Feeling something in her hand she looked over, wishing then that she hadn't for seeing Tony in that state just made her panic more so. She tried to move, only finding she was pinned in her seat, struggling just made her pains worse. Hearing them on her opposite side, finding it hard as to what they were saying, but one thing she picked upon was that he was going to have to be cut free. Knowing that they were working on him first just meant he was much worse of. She struggled to get herself free again, but the seatbelt was jammed against her, pinning her to the seat. she writhed, just trying to get free, to get to Tony. A hand came down to her, holding her still against the seat. "Miss. Pott's you need to keep still for me" Taking in a deep breath she relaxed, as much as possible agianst the seat. "I'm fine... Just.. Just get him free" Taking in a breath of air, cause her to whimper in pain as it shot through her chest. "They're already working on it, but we have to get you out first, it's too dangerous to leave you in here when they cut him free. Can you tell me where the pain is?" She tried to focus as the light was flashed into her eyes, knowing that this was potentialy a paramedic. "Just... my legs" she said a little breathlessly. "Alright, just keep calm for me, I'm going to give you a oxygen mask, It'll help aid your breathing. We're going to force the door off and then we can pull you free. All you have to do is remain calm and dont move" as the paramedic mention a oxygen mask was placed over her head and her breathing came easy within a few moments, then the fire department stepped in, using what looked like giant plyers and the door was pulled from its hinges. She was then carefully lifted from the seat, after they cut through the seatbelt which had pinned her down. Other than that itwas pretty easy to get her free, her legs not trapped, but they were bruised and scratch, seeing the blood just made her panic. Placing her upon a stretcher, keeping her head still, trying not to move her spinal cord too much incase of cuasing hermore harm. "Get her to the hospital, now!" At that she tried to pull free from the bed struggling to get away. She was held down by the guy who'd talked to her prior to being pulled free, but she could still manage to struggle out of his grasps, her adrenaline sureging through her making her much stronger, At that another guy came over helping to pin her down then securely tighten the straps, holding her flat to the stretcher. "I'm not leaving without him!" She complained, trying to wriggle free. "The helicopter is coming for him, we'll be following it there, you need to calm down or your going to make it worse for yourself. We need to check you over anyway" At that she was wheel unwillingly, though through no choice of her own, back to the ambulance. They loaded her up into the back, the lights bright, obscuring her view for a few moments. With the sudden change in events she began to shake uncontrolably. At that the two guys got to work, placing more blankets over her to keep her from loosing any valuble heat. Placing a mask over her face again just to get her breathing back to normal. "Is there anything your allergic to?" She shook her head, though really she was unsure if she was, she'd never really had dealt with such a thing like , this. "Okay's well I'm going to give you a mild pain killer, it'll help releive the pain and make the journey easier for you. " At that she relaxed somewhat, the pain now a lot stronger than before, the accident finally settling in her mind. she gripped at the mask with one hand, taking in deep breaths, then the tears began to roll down her face the longer she laid there. Not even sure what was to come of this. She felt it when she was given the pain killer and after a few mintues the pain began to fade and the guys began to clean her up a little. Cleaning the blood from her forehead, the other guy getting a better look at her leg.
She must have passed out again for she was no longer in an ambulance but laying upon a hospital bed, a ECG machiene attatched to her, monitering her heart beat. She sat up but felt her head spin, clearly not even knowing the full content of her injuries, having possibly hit her head. It wasn't long before waking that a white coat walked through her door. "Nice to have you back with us Miss.Potts. Do you remember what happened to you?" He asked and that cleared up her theory of having knocked her head. "yes, I was in a car acciddent, I remember being broke free, then in the ambulance and thats where it goes blank" She sighed a hand coming to her head as she began to get a migrain from over thinking this. "That's a good sign. we ran some general tests just to make sure you have no internal injuries, it was all good, just a little bruising upon your ribs thats all, But we also found that your twelve weeks pregnant" She covered her face with her hands, biting down on her lip, tears threatening to fall. Twelve weeks... that wasn't good, not when you had another doctor saying it was ten weeks, this was one reason she never really delt with them. Who was she to believe. "Yes, I knew of my pregnancy" she finaly managed to speak through her hands. "Okays, well your fine and have a clean bill of health though we're worried about the fetous, the growth rate is slow, they are smaller than they should be this far along" Pepper just went cold all over, she new that something wasn't right with this, but to find out what it was came as a shock but a releif at the same time, no matter how stupid it sounds. "I want to see Tony" was all she said. when the doctor seemed edgy it just made her heart race and she sat up, this time able to do so. "I'll need to go check on that.. he was pretty messed up, but he should be okay for you to go see him. I'll be back soon" At that the doctor left her room and she just flooded with tears. She could cope with loosing the baby, it hadn't really been a part of her life for as long as Tony, so now to find out that he was in a bad shape, she couldn't bare loosing him.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Female Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:52 pm

Tony's doctors were stunned to see such a device in the man's chest. The nurse nearly screamed when his dress shirt was ripped open to resuscitate him, having never seen such a thing in her entire career. The doctors had no idea what to do with the glowing light in the man's chest, seeing the metal they knew they couldn't shock him, it'd burn him and only add to his injuries. That was just it though, the reactor still glowed and his heart was still beating. Even through the injuries he sustained from the seatbelt, and the airbags, not to mention the impact. He had too much to live for, Pepper, a family that could still be saved, now that they were in the hospital and around people who knew what to do. He sure as hell didn't know what to do, and his day wasn't getting any better. ER doctors and Trauma surgeons worked on him for hours, trying to see if not only there was any brain activity from the concussion and stopping the bleeding on his head. The concussion not only knocked him out, but induced a pretty heavy coma, however it wasn't anything life threatening. Tony began to respond to pain stimuli, his motor response was there, but at a steady weakness as well as his other responses. But his doctor had decided on keeping Tony's breathing tube in, due to his partially collapsed lung and his already raspy breathing, he'd rather be safe than sorry. Tony was aware of everything, he could hear and smell the sounds and stale odors of the hospital room, but his eyes stayed shut and his body felt like it weighed a thousand pounds. Unmoving, and bandaged up, Tony laid there, a machine breathing for him, while another kept his heart beating like it's always been.
Pepper's doctor walked in, just as Tony's was exiting. "Last time I came in here he was awake!" He protested with a hand running through his hair. The elder brunette looked at him, then back to Tony's room. "She wants to see him, I take it?" She asked looking back at Pepper's doctor. The man sighed and nodded, "What am I gonna tell her, now?" He asked hating breaking this kind of news to people. "I'll go talk to her, she might be more comfortable with me than you with this" Dr. Snow said quietly and took one last look at her patient before heading down the hall to Pepper's room, her doctor in tow. knocked lightly on her door before stepping in. The woman, Dr. Snow, was brown haired and brown eyed, holding a shocking resemblance to Tony's own mother, mostly because of the Italian features, however, Tony's mother had blue eyes; separating the two almost instantly from each other. "Hello, Miss Potts" She said politely greeting herself and shaking Pepper's hand gently. "My colleague had run into me coming out of Mr. Stark's room. He's my patient, and I was told you were asking to see him.." Her tone sort of dropped a little. "I have some good news, and bad news. And I felt better coming in here and telling you myself, so nothing got lost in translation." She said sitting down next to Pepper's bed, so she came down to her level rather than talk down to her. "Good news is, that you can see him, and talk to him…the bad news is..his concussion induced a fairly deep coma. Nothing fatal, but enough to keep him on support. We are still monitoring his brain activity, which has improved since his arrival, but as of now, it hasn't improved. He can hear everything around him, and responds to pain. Would you still like to see him?" She asked giving her a gentle look. "He's all bandaged up, and his bleeding has stopped, internally as well. However we are keeping an eye on his lungs as well, one was partially collapsed from the impact" She explained. "I can take you to see him, he's ready for one visitor, and I believe you take precedence over anyone else" She said with a slightly hopeful smile.
Alpha Female
Alpha Female
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:27 pm

When the knock at the door came; about what she could guess was five mintues. Pepper heard the door opening so she wiped the tears from her face pulling herself back together. Though when a woman walked into the room she was taken back a little, but in seeing her doctor walking behind, it made her a little edgy, this couldn't be good. she sat up swinging her legs round so she sat upon the edge of the bed, laying down just made her more edgy. "Hello, Miss Potts" She gently shook the womans hand feeling a little numb to everything that was going on. "My colleague had run into me coming out of Mr. Stark's room. He's my patient, and I was told you were asking to see him.." "Yes i want to see him!" she put right in, just desperate to get to him. "I have some good news, and bad news. And I felt better coming in here and telling you myself, so nothing got lost in translation." At that she almost broke down, This was not what she wanted to hear. The doctor coming down to her level just made it that much more real. "Good news is, that you can see him, and talk to him…the bad news is..his concussion induced a fairly deep coma. Nothing fatal, but enough to keep him on support. We are still monitoring his brain activity, which has improved since his arrival, but as of now, it hasn't improved. He can hear everything around him, and responds to pain. Would you still like to see him?" "Yes. Yes of course I do" she said almost chocking on her words. The docotor seemed to think she wouldn't want to see him. "He's all bandaged up, and his bleeding has stopped, internally as well. However we are keeping an eye on his lungs as well, one was partially collapsed from the impact" she sighed trying to keep herself from bursting into tears again, covering her face with her hands. This was not happening, it couldn't. "I can take you to see him, he's ready for one visitor, and I believe you take precedence over anyone else" Looking up she glanced over at the doctor. "Yes I would like that very much" Tony's doctor moved from her bed. "I'd like to dicuss some..thigns with my patient first" He gave the woman a slightly nasty look, making Pepper feel a little awkward.
Her doctor seemed to take an interest in her medical board, watching out the cornor of his eye untill the other left, looking up to her finaly, her patience running a little thin with him. "alright.. well Mr. Stark is okay for you to see him, he's not awake yet, but you can still go and see him" why was he telling her what she already knew? "If there's nothing wrong with me I'd like to leave now" but being attatched to the machine still, did her no justice. "Er doc.." She asked inicating to the wires still attatched on her. "Yes, yes.. well i think it's safe to say your clear to go. Is there anyone that can pick you up?" she watched as he carefully pulled the wires of her. "No. I just want to see Tony first" at that she slipped from the bed, still wearing her dress from the wedding, though it was ruined with blood stains now. whether it all be hers or some his, she had no idea, it was just stains she'd never forget. But that was the least of her worries right now. as she dropped to the floor, her right leg was alittle weak, aplying pressure made it hurt somewhat; she half expected the doctor to have moved away, though he stayed standing rather close to her. His hand coming up to brush her hair back from her face. She went cold all over. In a place like this, this was the last thing she expected from someone so high up in the ladder. "Your much pretty in person" he practically purred into her ear, making her shiver from the sheer creep he was being. Even going as far as taking in a deep breath, inhaling the scent of her shampoo. Pepper gripped on the edge of the bed. "If you dont mind, I'm going to see Tony now" The doctor just chuckled pulling back from her somewhat. "he's in a coma, not going to get much repsonse from him. If thats what your after.. " Pepper snapped her hand coming back and than coliding with a solid force behind it across his face. when he faltered back from her she grabbed her bag and moved to the door. The Doctor just seemed to chuckle at her. "I like em fiesty sweetheart, its the only way" "Have fun in jail" was all she said as she walked from the room. Tony's doctor came right on over to her upon seeing her. "You okay, you look a little pale?" The woman asked out of general curioisty and kindness. Pepper took in a deep breath. "Yeah.. I.. Just take me to him" The woman gave her a gentle smile placing a hand on her arm. "sure, this way" Pepper followed the woman in silence, just a little ways down the hall until she stopped at a room. "Here, I'll leave you to it. Just use the button if you need anything" Pepper gave her a gentle smile, turning to the door as she left her. A hand resting upon the door handle, unsure wether she could go in and face it or not. After a little arguing with herself she finally opened the door and walked in. At first she saw nothing, but the closer she got to him the more it began to hit her. the way he was attatched to those machines, his chest moving with the machine that helped him breath. The sound sicking as it huffed and puffed like a person just much much louder. A hand covered her face a whimper escaped her lips, her heart pratically ripped from her chest, almost collapsing on the spot. But somehow she managed to get to his side, her hand slipped into his, though not having a responce from him made the tears stream down her face. She climbed up onto the bed, positioning herself getnly next to him, careful not to touch any wires protruding from him. Wriggling her way into the gap, holing his hand over his midsection so she wasn't laying on it, leaning upon her arm as she looked down to him. running her fingers over the patch on his head, some of his hair having been shaved away, but what was left she ran her finger through it, getting a little stuck from the dried blood in his hair. Her chest felt tight and she just laid her head down on his shoulder. Even though they said he could hear her, she had nothing to say. Just laying there with him spoke for her.
shaken gently from her sleep, she rolled over, only finding a bar was already in her back. remembering then were she was. "Miss.. Its after visiting hours" stretching as she sat up carefully, keeping her hand in his all the time. "If you need a lift I can give you one, my shifts over now" Pepper just glanced down to Tony, not even sure what to do. To go home would just make her go crazy, but she couldn't face ringing Rhodes and Marie, not when they should be on their honeymoon right now. Even if she knew they'd be here in a flash. She couldn't take pulling them from that. "I... I don't want to leave him" Dr. Snow moved closer to her. "We don't usualy allow non family to stay, but I'll see what i can do in this case. stay the night, i'll get another cot so you'll be more comfortable" Pepper gave a rather weak smile, every part of her ached, the pain meds having worn off. Just as the doctor reached the door, pepper remembered something. "wait, theres something i would like to ask you" Pepper slipped from the bed, landing a little harsh on her leg, but kept it collected as she moved towards her, "what's the deal with my doctor?" Dr. Snow seemed to pick up on something, moving closer to her, "He's new round here, no one knows much on him personaly wise, but he's good at his job, though had a temper. why did he do something?" Pepper went a little ridged, if she didn't say something it might just happen to someone else, or worse. "He acted inapropiatly towards me. It made me uncomfortable to be in the room with him" the doctor shifted her wieght a little skepticaly. "Alright, I'll take that to the head of the deparment. You'll be okay here. I'll be back in a bit. I'll make sure no one comes in the room also" At that she left, leaving Pepper compeltely alone in a strange place. Moving back to his side she took a seat in one of the chairs, pulling it right up to the bed and just sat there with her hand in his. "How could this happen" she just spoke outloud without really much intension. laying her head face down into his bed just by the pillows.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Female Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:54 pm

Tony lay there in complete silence, the irritating and monotone beeping from his heart monitor driving him motionlessly out of his skin, and certainly out of his right mind. He pushed himself, harder and harder each time to wake up so he could get out of this damn place. In his mind he was screaming and could see himself thrashing about in the bed until someone came to let him free. However his body remained still, along with the room and the stale smell still made his stomach churn. Then he felt a presence, and if his ears could move they would have pricked in that direction, but nothing. He heard the whimper and his heart broke in two. Pepper..she was there, seeing himself hooked up and like this, unable to freaking breathe without a machine's help. So helpless, so lost, not the strong person he wanted to be for her. He felt the hand in his and the weight on the bed soon following after, wanting to snuggle up closer to her, just to take this horrible pain away. That was another thing, he couldn't let anyone know how much pain he was in, and he was in excruciating pain. If he could move he'd be writhing in pain, and he tried vocalizing it but nothing, it was all in his mind. He never felt so desperate for communication or Pepper's intuition more than now. Feeling her hand in his he could almost scream, he wanted to let her know that he was still there, mentally. But his body just wouldn't respond, his eyelids barely flicked. Even if they did it would be so subtle that she'd miss it, and he could only feel it; or at least believe that he was feeling it.
She laid with him for a while, and he was as alert as he could be through the whole time, her scent replacing the stale hospital smell. Making him feel more at ease. Images flashed over his eyes. That he only had a few bumps and bruises, she was unscathed, and the baby healthy and thriving. The room had a somewhat orange glow, warm..welcoming…alive. He was sat up, still hooked up to an IV, but no berating tube, no other monitors. His arm wound around her as she rested on his chest, her hand over his reactor through the gown. Feeling the soft velvet of her skin, the silk of her strawberry blond hair. Hm, funny. How she was allergic to strawberries, with strawberry blond hair. He would have smiled, and in the dream he did, he smiled hugely and leaned down giving his beloved a kiss on her head. His hand still tightly tangled with hers… it was just a beautiful bliss all in itself. The sound of another voice entering the room, made him feel cold, and sucked back into a dark and grey reality. He was still in a coma, in this hospital. "Miss..its after visiting hours… No! No she wasn't leaving! He'd walk out of this coma if she was leaving him. "If you need a lift I can give you one, my shift's over now" You crazy woman, NO! She's not leaving. Screw the visiting hours she's staying put. He's rather content with her being right where she is. "I..I don't want to leave him" And neither does he want her to leave. We don't usually allow non-familly to stay, but I'll see what I can do in this case. Stay the night, I'll get another cot so you'll be more comfortable." Tony wanted to pick his head up and give her a look like she grew six heads, She is family dammit! She's my fiance, ring or not she said yes! and no cot, get her a bed, put it right next to mine. The comfiest bed in this whole place Tony felt the weight leave him and he wanted to reach out and grab her hand again, but his finger twitched, not like anyone was even watching. What's the deal with my doctor?" "He's new around here, no one knows much on him personality wise, but he's good at his job, though had a temper, why did he do something?" Yeah, did he fucking do something? "He acted inappropriately towards me, It made me uncomfortable to be in the same room with him" This guy's fucking dead when Tony gets out of his coma. His heartrate chirped on the monitor showing that he heard what was just said. Then the room fell quiet again…where did they go? He could almost feel himself panic but the hand resting in his made it stop just as fast as it began. "How could this happen" he felt the weight on his pillow which moved his head just enough to where it turned so slightly that his forehead brushed her hair, the silky strands tickling his skin.
Alpha Female
Alpha Female
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:03 am

Pepper just lay there in silence, the only sound was the machines working to keep him alive. But the longer she lay there, the more she got used to it and eventually the sounds vanished from her mind. Just him and her left in dead silence. It was a little later when the doctor came back in. Picking her head up so glanced over to her, having to blink to clear her eyes. "Are you sure there's no one that can come get you?" Pepper shook her head carefully, absentmindely wiping at her face, not even knowing when she'd started crying again. "Well there is someone, Though I'm not leaving here without him" The doctor seemed a little uncomfortable at that, though Pepper's gaze was trained upon him, just willing him to wake up. "Alright, But we cant bring you a cot, we don't really have any spare and we have to be ready for anything. Sorry" Pepper sighed gently, not eve sure what to do, but she still wasn't leaving, nothing could make her leave; well there was one thing, That was Tony waking up. "It's fine I don't really care" She sighed, just watching him, hopeing for something from him, just to let her know he was still in there. Playing with his fingers as she just sat there, not even realising she was alone with him again, not even having heard the doctor leave, so caught up in just seeing his brown eyes again, to feel his hand tighten around hers, anything. But he was just dead to the world and she just didn't know what to do. Just sitting there was making her go insane, she had to find something to do, to just distract her mind. Just staring at him, seeing the state he was in just made her feel like she had to clean him up. Grabbing her bag she search through it finding a comb, she stood and began teasing the dried blood from his hair, being careful as not to pull too much or move him. It felt odd to her at first but the more she kept at it the more it helped her mind to be at peace, even bringing a gentle smile to her face, just wondering what he'd think if he woke up right then. More than likely he'd make a funny remark. Once his hair was blood and tangle free, running her hands through it to just mess it up a little, just the way she liked it. Pressing her lips to his fore head, the only place that was free of tubes. "much better.." she linked her fingers through his again "well as good as it could be .." She sighed "Please just ... just wake up" she paused swollowing hard, not even sure if he could really hear her, but once she'd started talking it all just started coming out. "The doctor told me im twelve weeks pregnant.. Not the ten we thought... That could have been good news...but not when your told they are too small, that their growth rate is slower than normal, which is possibly why they thought I was just ten weeks along... I guess it's just not meant to be right now. I know you wanted this... maybe more than me.. But i've been thinking... a child dosen't really fit in with our life style, it's not really safe. Argh now I'm talking like i've already lost it. I haven't by the way, we're still fine.. just a few bruised ribs .. I don't get why your so much worse of.. I just.. I don't get it." she ran her fingers up his arm, gently tracing around the bandages dotted here and there. She'd seen him a little worse for wear before, remembering when he'd been found in afghan, coming home and just being his usual self right away. This just seemed different to that.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Female Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:06 pm

Slipping in and out of conscienceless, he came back just as he felt something being run through his hair, tickling his scalp. He would have smiled like a fool, but the action never came, nor did it even twitch his lip. It may have seemed strange to outsiders, to people who didn't know what they had, but this was something that made him the happiest person in this moment in time. To know that her care went this far made a certain bliss take him over. He would have chuckled when she ruffled up his hair like she did, he could feel his chest get tight with tears, but they weren't happy more than they were out of frustration. And he didn't want to let them slip from his eyes, he tried clamping them shut, but even his eyelids felt like they were being weighed heavily down. Thankfully her voice brought him back and pushed the tears away. "Much better.." "Well as good as it could be.." "Please just…just wake up" He could almost see himself walk to her side, much like a ghost would, and he could see his body, hooked up to all of the tubes and wires to machines. I'm trying. I'm trying to wake up He tried to say but his voice and his muscles failed him. Nothing came out, just another breath that was the same as the last, and the one before that, and so on. The battle raging inside him to get his muscles to move was like trying to lift a car off of himself. He was putting all he had into it yet nothing budged or even twitched. Only when he felt pain was there any sign of life, for his heart rate would spike. "The doctor told me I'm ten weeks along…" Ten weeks? No, her doctor told them twelve. "I guess its just not meant to be right now. I know you wanted this…maybe more than me..But I've been thinking…a child doesn't really fit in with our life style, it's not really safe..Argh now I'm talking like I've already lost it. I haven't by the way, we're still fine…just a few bruised ribs. I don't get why you're so much worse off..I just..I don't get it" If there wasn't a machine breathing for him, his breaths would have been labored and ragged. Hearing that she didn't want a family as much as he did. It killed him, to hear that. Remember how he only reacted to pain stimuli? His heart rate jumped for a moment, picking up until he felt her hand trail up his arm. His mind went blank, he just couldn't think of anything to, well think. He certainly had no words to say even if he could say them. Starting his own family was something he's wanted since he fell in love with her. It just reminded him of how it would make him feel to raise a child of his own with the woman he loved. A part of him wanted to just get up and leave, and at this point it certainly felt like it did. He could no longer see Pepper or himself, he just saw darkness. Sure, he wouldn't push her to have a child, the toll it would take on her body was something he was not going to force on her. But damn did he want a family he could call his own..and feel like he was a part of and not some burden like he was when he was a kid. This whole entire time, Tony was fighting to give her some sign that he was still there, that he was hearing her, and processing every word that came from her mouth. But the more he pushed himself the more exhausted he became and soon his heart rate had dropped back to a normal, and rather dull heartbeat. He could see himself grasping for his conscienceless, but it was like trying to save yourself from a sheer drop off a smooth cliff, no foot holes and nothing to grab onto. And soon he was back into that darkness until whenever he could start seeing his thoughts again.
The next morning after the accident, Dr. Snow came in and found the two still fast asleep, one able to wake while the other was still trapped in a coma. The sight made her heart twist a little in her chest, although she's seen so much worse, it still hurt. Like a bee sting to the heart. She walked over and knew she had to wake Pepper up, and Tony was already 'awake' he had been for what felt like for a few hours. His hand still tightly with hers he heard the approaching footsteps and recognized them almost instantly, they were that of his doctor. She leaned over on Pepper's side of the bed and gently shook her shoulder, knowing she was probably still in pain. "Miss Potts…There is someone asking for you in the lobby. He says he wont leave without seeing you" She said as she opened her eyes.
Alpha Female
Alpha Female
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:40 pm

Pepper fell silent for sometime, not even sure if she could go through with this much longer. Without really much thought on it she clambered into the bed, laying on her side and curled up to him, careful not to hurt him, but kept some contact with him, her hand still in his. She rested her head upon the pilows right next to his own, tilting her head down so her nose almost brushed the top of his shoulder. He smelt wrong, competely and utterly worng. He smelt slightly iron-y, possibly from the blood loss, with a mix of the antiseptic fluids they used on deep wounds. It wasn't right at all, though if she concentrated enough, she could just make out his after shave. She sighed gently. "what I said before.. It dosen't mean I Don't want a family. I do.. I'd really love to have that" She sighed gently, snuggling down just a smidgen towards him, not even bothered that she was laying on her bruised side. "good night" she spoke softly ,pressing her lips to his shoulder and she was out like a light, all of this not just pysically draining, but mentaly too, not to mention how much her body ached and just wanted to shut down so it could repair itself. Dreading to think what Tony must feel like.
She slept as soundly as possible, though she woke up a few times in the night from laying on her ribs, putting more pressure upon her chest, making it hard for her to breath sometimes. But with the small space she had to lie in, she had no choice; well maybe she did, but that wasn't her choice, she wanted to just lay there with him as if this never happened. Though when she fell asleep again, it became restless, waking herself before she could even fall asleep, picturing those lights heading for them, then everything going black again, feeling herself falling, though when she was supposed to hit the bottom she woke suddenly, knocking into Tony's side a little. "Shit.. sorry babe" She shifted slightly, her hands hovering over him unsure what to do, with a deep intake of breath, she just lay back down, this time careful not to touch him, but it was hard when she just wanted to hold him, to snuggle up to him and never let him go. Resting her cheek just upon the tip of his shouler, laying there for sometime just staring at the blank white walls, just a bare canvas of hell.
She felt the jostle of her shoulder, though didn't respond, just wanting a few more winks. "Miss Potts…There is someone asking for you in the lobby. He says he wont leave without seeing you" The voice though brought her round and she opened her eyes. Rubbing at them with the bottoms of her palms just trying to stimulate herself to wake up some more. "alright just give me a moment" She looked down at herself, just staring at the blood stain upon the skirt of her dress. She was a mess still and she had someone to see. "Pepper, don't you think you should go home, change your clothes, take a shower, then come back" Pepper slipped from the bed feeling a little more awake now. "No" was all she said as she moved, slightly stiff and robotically from the room to see who this person was asking for her. When she got into the hall, her gaze flicked up, seeing Happy there just made her a little better. "Pepper!" Her exclaimed as she walked towards him. "Hey Happy" Her voice came a little forced. In seeing the state she was in Happy just wanted to help. "I can take you home.." She snapped "NO! why does everyone keep trying to make me go home. I'm not going anywhere" She turned around and made her way back to Tony's room. Happy watched her as she left, turning to the doctor. "How is he? Mr.Stark.." Teh doctor tapped her fingers on the desk then turned to him "Well he suffered from some injuries, but we stopped all the bleeding, only he slipped into coma in the process. He can still hear everything around him though. He cant have too many visitors though. But you can go in for an hour" "Alright, thanks" At that Happy headed to where Pepper had vanished. He knocked gently on the door then walked in. Seeing her there with her hand linked with the lifeless body of Tony just made his heart sink for them, mostly for her. Call him a little bias, but he was generaly more worried for Pepper than his best friend right now. "Pepper, do you want me to fetch you anything. I can get you some clean clothes.. Anything.." Pepper finally pulled her gaze from Tony. "That would be nice, could you get some for Tony too. They had to cut his clothes of, so he's going to need some when he wakes up" "Sure I can, How are you Pepper?" he asked just wondering how she was coping with this, surely she wasn't doing that great. "I'm fine happy" was all she said, a little blank of emotion. "Okays, I'll be back soon" Happy said and left, pausing at the door, just watching her and him together, she was just so caught up with him she had no idea he was still watching her. With a sigh he finally left.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Female Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:00 pm

His conscience falling out again, he completely missed Happy being in his room. He was so tired, he almost felt like giving up, but the love he had for the woman who literally never left his side kept him going and kept him in the game. However, an even longer span of time passed, and Tony reserved his energy for his next bout to let his loved one know that he was still there, that he was going to answer her plea for him to move. That was his mission, nothing else; he wanted to move for her, just like she asked. A short while later, Dr. Snow walked back in the room, "Miss Potts, I'm going to have to ask you to come with us." She said then saw the worry on her face, like she was going to protest about leaving him, "Don't worry, he's coming with us. I've been monitoring him throughout the day and all of last night. He's been scheduled for an MRI, to check him over, and I think he can come off all of these ugly machines today" She said with a hopeful smile, she figured that to Pepper, this would be news to be happier about, and maybe she'd start seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. "You can watch from the monitoring room, I was able to pull a few strings to get you in" She said with a smile as a team of nurses came in to prep Tony to transport him up to the MRI exam room.
Letting the bed come out first, Snow walked behind Pepper before catching up to her with just a couple steps. "Miss, Potts, have you eaten a thing since you were released?" She asked, letting her answer at her own pace, unlike what Doctor's are taught, Snow wasn't pushy with patients. Technically Pepper wasn't her patient, but she was never pushy with anyone at times like these. "I don't think Mr. Stark would like to hear that as an answer, " She mused lightly, "Just so you know, the Cafeteria is open all night, there's coffee down there but it's not that great. When I take my lunch break, I can get you some decent stuff" She offered and looked over at her with a gentle smile. Tony heard them talking about coffee and if he could he would have sat bolt upright and asked for a cup himself, then again after this he needed a drink but knew that would do him no good at all. So he'd probably stick with the coffee, if he could ever speak again before his cravings drove him insane. Just as Tony was wheeled into the exam room with the large machine, Snow stopped them seeing the glow through his gown. "Wait, Miss Potts, what is the deal here with this? I don't know if we can put him in safely with this…what is holding it there?" She asked. "We've been trying to figure out what it is, none of my team or the director has seen something like this before" She said looking from the nurses back to Pepper.
Alpha Female
Alpha Female
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:56 pm

Pepper just sat there with his hand in hers, completely lost in her mind amongst the moment. If you were a person in persuit of her, now would have been the perfect time to capture. All guards where shut down,solely focusing upon the hand at present. So when the nurse spoke, she practically jumped out of her skin. "Miss Potts, I'm going to have to ask you to come with us." sucking in a deep breath she gave the woman a look, speaking words for her. Dropping her gaze right back to him, not even saying a word. "Don't worry, he's coming with us. I've been monitoring him throughout the day and all of last night. He's been scheduled for an MRI, to check him over, and I think he can come off all of these ugly machines today" She thought that might have made a part of her jump, but nothing even happened not even a twitch inside of her. If they took him of the machines, then there's no saying it would actually help, it could make him worse. What if he wasn't ready yet..?
"You can watch from the monitoring room, I was able to pull a few strings to get you in" Again she said nothing, but just kept her hand tangled with his. Even when the nurses came in, working upon him to prep him for the scan. One of the nurses tried to get her to let go for just a second, even trying to pull her hand free from hi, only making her grip tighten. At that the nurse just left her, trying her best to work around it. When the wheeled the bed out, she just followed close, still keeping her hand with his. She wasn't just about to leave him, not yet. "Miss, Potts, have you eaten a thing since you were released?" How long had she been here? She had no idea, time just completely escaped you in such situations. "No, I'[m not hungry" she managed to speak after keeping silent for so long, not even sure it was her own voice anymore. "I don't think Mr. Stark would like to hear that as an answer, " Why did she insist so much? This was purely between her and... well her. Tony had learnt not to force things upon her. Though this doctor just wouldn't leave her alone, it was starting to make her aggrivated with her. "Just so you know, the Cafeteria is open all night, there's coffee down there but it's not that great. When I take my lunch break, I can get you some decent stuff" "Stop trying to be my friend and just do your job, cause if anything happens to him, i'm holding you responsible for it" Restless nights and and empty stomache, never went well together on her, everything just got under her skin and especially when there was someones life at risk here too. The walk to the MRI room felt like a year going by, everything just seemed to move in slow motion. Upon arrive, she had to let go of his hand. Reluctant at first she finaly managed to let go, only to feel like a huge part of her was just ripped from its core. The numbness faded and she began to feel the strings pulling at her heart, her hairs standing up on the back of her neck, the woozy feeling in her head, making the room almost spin. "Wait, Miss Potts, what is the deal here with this? I don't know if we can put him in safely with this…what is holding it there?" Pepper snapped round at that coming back to his side, she placed a hand over his reactor with such tenderness. With a sigh she looked up to the doctor. "We've been trying to figure out what it is, none of my team or the director has seen something like this before" "Its an.. well it's metal" Could she tell them what it was...? No, it felt wrong to tell her, to let something like this slip from the tip of her tongue. Even if this would more than likely already be out there, she just couldn't bring herself to telling them what it actually was. "what does this mean?" Pepper asked pulling her glanced from Tony and back to the nurse again. Dr. snow shifted slightly, knowing that this would possibly not be good news to her. "Well we can't give him the MRI scan. The metal will mess up the machines and could cause fatal dynamics. We'll have to find nother way" At that the doctor went over to the rest of the crew, discussing things in a hush hush tone, trying to figure out what to do here now. Pepper just stood there as if the room was empty, her eyes staring into the backs of his eyelids, trying to remember what his eyes looked like. It was funny how one coul get lost in such a thing, then when you wanted to see them again, you just couldn't for the life of you picture them, then you'd start asking questions and each one you asked just set you further and further back from picturing them.

The doctor soon came back over to them, she just wanted to get out of this place. To be able to take him home. "Well we need to dicuss further things, so we can take him back to the room for now. Though it's posible he can come of the guided breathing machine today. He's recooperating fast, which is a good thing, Must have something to do with you" Pepper sighed gently, though she was a little hard headed at times, this kind of made her feel better, just a tiny spark in the darkness that had engulfed upon her. One mintue everything was fine then it all just went to shits in a matter of seconds. They were soon taken back to the room, this time she didn't seem to feel the need to cling to him, but she stayed right at his side nevertheless. The nurses left the room after having him all hooked back up again. At that she moved to his side, perching on the edge of the bed, placing her hand ontop of his and curled in her fingers. Just as she was about to relax Dr. Snow walked back in, making Pepper feel a little ambushed. "Alright, I think it's time we can removed the aided breathing machine, he's doing really well, his lung is still a little weak, but its working as normal. We're going to keep him on oxygen though,but no more huge tubes sticking out. we can also lower the morphine. With the way he's going he should be back in no time" The doctor smiled, then began working upon him, taking the tap of from the tube, which was holding it in place. When the doctor began sliding the tube out; after switiching the machine of for a little while, just making sure he was actually still breathing on his own. Satisfied, she then slowly pulled the tube out. At seeing this Pepper kind of started feeling sick. "I'm just... I have to use the bathroom" At that she practically ran from the room, though she just walked with a hurried tone to it. As soon as she was clear of the door, her back hit the wall as she spun round, leaning agaisnt it right by the door. Her breathing a little ragged, moving when she'd barely eaten for perhaps a day or more, now only really just feeling it. She stumbled towards the bathroom, a hand covering over her mouth and as soon as she was there she threw up right into the toilet bowl, though all it really was, was stomache acid or bile. Cleaning herself up, swirling some cool water around in her mouth then headed back out. Only finding Happy in the progress. "hey" she spoke now a little perkier in herself. He turned round a little baffled, but seeing her change that. "Oh hey. Is Tony not there or something?" He asked wondering why she had come out here, but also just curious on his friends well being. "No, he's there, their taking him of the breathing aparatus. he's doing much better aparently" she said with a sigh, running a hand through her hair. "Look Pep if you want to go home, just for a little while, I can take you. I know you want to stay here with him, but you need to help yourself. You were also in that car, I'm sure your feeling strong right now, but that could still be the shock of all this. If you want some food, i'll... i'll go out and get some from a resturant or something and sneak it in here" Pepper let everything go at that, her shoulers dropped along with her whole stance, she knew he was right. "I know Happy.. I just... I can't bare leaving him... I just... what if he dosent wake up" she looked up at him with glistening eye's, the threat of tears the culprit. At that happy moved towards her, even knowing how much she hated affection, but he just went for it anyway and pulled her in for a brief hug. "If they say he's doing better and taking him from the assited breather, then he'd got to be doing much better. And i have you some clothes and your laptop." She looked up to him then, kind of glad that he'd hugged her, she kind of needed it and the one person she wanted one from, was incapable of doing so. "Yes i got some for him too. Now come on lets get you back to him" at that he guided her back to Tony's room.
At walking back in she wanted to hide her face incase they were still pulling the tube fromhis throat. Though luckily it was already out and seeing the gentle rise and fall of his chest made the strings yank upon her, almost making her fall to the ground, the tears that had previously threaten now casually fell down her cheeks. Happy just pulled her along and sat her in the chair next to his bed. He turned to the Doctor. "So this is a good sign right?" he asked on purpose, just trying to make Pepper feel better. Dr. Snow gave a gentle smile "Yeah, He's doing incredibly better since he was omitted here. It's possible he could wake up soon with such progress. Well I think I'm done here for now, I'll leave you guys alone" At that she left quite promptly, taking the morbid machine with her. Pepper pulled in a deep breath of air then let it all out at once. "I don't know how much more I can take of this" At that she took the bag from Happy and walked out the room. Twice now in less then ten minutes, maybe that was a good sign. she headed into the bathroom again, slipping of her dress, she just stood there staring at herself in the mirror. The person staring back looked half dead. Bags under her eyes, lines in her face, her skin almost translucent and then there was the huge bruising on the left side of her ribs. Running her fingers over it, getting closer to her waist, she sucked in a breath at the tenderness. If she had just that slight bit of pain from bruising, she hated to think how much he'd be in with having a collapsed lung and cracked ribs. shaking away the thought at hand she moved to the bag, opening it up. The smell of home hitting her like a waft of fresh air. Making her feel more home sick than ever. Carefully she lifted Tony's suit from the bag, then pulled out the jeans and basic t-shirt Happy had packed for her. She pulled them on, grabbed her dress then headed back to the room.
she sat down in the chair, handing over her dress to Happy as he signal for it. "I'll get this cleaned for you if you like" he folded it up only to have it taken back from him again "No just bin it" She said standing and tossing the dress into the trash bin. then sittign back down in the chair, the room fell into silence. Taking in a deep breath, she spoke her mind. "He asked me to marry him Happy" if Happy had been drinking something he would have just spat it everywhere. He knew his friend was serious about her, but that serious he would never have thought from Tony. "It was a kind of spur of the moment proposal, he didn't have a ring. But I said yes" With a sigh she stood and walked to the other side of the room arms wrapped around her. "That's a bit of a shock to be honest" Heppy spoke turningto face her as she paced a little. "Is it though?" She turned to him unfolding her arms and slinking down into the stool further away. "Pepper..." happy moved towards her. "You of all people know Tony, you know how he is." She sighed gently "He's a more 'in the moment' kind of guy." She took in a deep breath "I know. Your the first person to know about this also" Happy placed a reasuring hand upon her shoulder. "You just need to sleep Pep. Yoour brains going to fry if you keep all this up" He smiled trying to lighten the mood just somewhat. "Anyway I should leave. Just ring when you need me" she nodded and just sat there after he left. He eyes trained upon Tony. "why do you have to be so confusing!" she exclaimed and got to her feet at the same time, moving to his side and placing a hand down upon his reactor a little harder than intented, though thought nothing of it. Her head soon followed her hand, just resting upon his chest with her upper body, almost sprawled out upon him. With a sigh she pulled away, wiping at her face then picked up the laptop bag. Sitting in the chair at his side, she perched the laptop upon his bed so she could watch him as she used it.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Female Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:07 pm

Tony was still trying to get over the missing tube in his throat, but he could finally breathe on his own again, but with each breath there was an ache in his ribs. It was dull, however, nothing to moan about or for him to even try and cause a commotion about. He was still slipping in and out of this heavy sleep. And he could feel very little pain, only now that he could control his breaths, it was stretching his lungs more naturally. He felt a weight move next to him and for a while he heard the click-clack of keys on a keyboard. Jesus, did the woman ever stop? He was still too weak to wake up still, however he could feel his strength coming back to him, and a very homey scent washed up into his nose. For a moment he thought he blacked out for a few hours and thought he was back home. He still heard the clacks of her nails against the keyboard and he managed to crack a smile. All of his muscles finally responding to what his brain commanded. He tilted his head to the side, but felt his nostrils being tugged on by a much smaller tube that fed him oxygen. Pulling against it, tired of the bullshit of the hospital's precautions, he wanted to be closer to the one thing he loved more than anything. He nestled his head into the pillow and his eyes flicked open seeing Pepper sitting in the chair next to the bed with her feet up next to him, the mystery weight answered for him. A smile still tugged at his lips and he took a breath. "Do you ever stop?" He whispered and she nearly jumped out of her skin her laptop crashing to the floor. "Well, someone's jumpy" He croaked and slowly pulled his head back around with a wince, talking even hurting him worse. But he kept his eyes on her, as his breaths became raspy and wheezy. "I think I know the routine now, I'll get you a new one" He smiled whispering, his words almost blurring together just keeping his breathing and diaphragm moving smoothly and not like it usually did with words.
He winced again, the pain setting in and he clamped his eyes shut. Opening them again he looked over and saw the morphine button and willed his arm to move so he could press it, but that was a task all in itself. He sighed softly and turned his head away, he felt like such a weak human being. Cant even press a single button, and he started getting frustrated. He looked back and kept his eyes low as he looked in her direction. "Can..can you.." His head nodded to the control wincing again as he took another wheezy breath. He hated this, hated hospitals, hated needles, oxygen, being so incapacitated..all of it. He just wanted to get out, and when he could walk there was no stopping him. Even if he was missing his leg, he'd find a way out. He felt his fingers and toes start to tingle and it progressed up his arms and legs, turning into pins and needles, getting all of the movement back, very slowly. All of his joints ached and burned from being still for so long. Then he remembered the accident, the reason why they were both here. His eyes flicked up with worry, but he remembered what she said the day before. She was okay, and so was the baby, despite the development issue. But he still felt guilty, like he was the one who caused the accident. "If I hadn't tried to make that damn light…" He grumbled and looked away setting his jaw.
Alpha Female
Alpha Female
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:24 pm

She went straight to the audi website as soon as her laptop had booted. Not even realsing what she was doing until the spyder was ordered. Not that it really mattered, He'd end up getting another anyway. Though this one was slightly different to the last, just slightly more up to date, even adding all the extras for him. Even fast tracking the order so it would arrive in a couple of days. She was just switching of the laptop when his voice broke through to her. "Do you ever stop?" She practically jumped of the chair, her laptop crashing to the floor as she did so. Her heart practically stopped for a second, skipping a beat before it collected itself again. "Well, someone's jumpy" No shit sherlock. She could barely talk right now, too shell shocked to really do anything other than stare un-blinking at him. "I think I know the routine now, I'll get you a new one" her heart was practically in her throat,not even sure what to do right now. Though seeing him wince just made her move towards him, her hands resting upon the bar on the bed, not even sure what to do, to scared to hurt him. "Can..can you.." Picking up on what he was after she moved to take the control, pressing it for him to give a dose of morphine. She was a little reluctant in doing so, knowing he'd be out like a light soon, or he'd start talking nonsence. But she'd rather have him out of pain.
"If I hadn't tried to make that damn light…" That just made her break, that and seeing him set his jaw, he was eating himself up for this, just like always. Clearing her throat she finaly found her voice. "No babe, dont" She sighed gently, crawling up onto the bed, draping an arm over him and clung to his side. Tears began to just stream down her face, so happy that he was awake, she leaned over and pressed her lips to his ckeck, letting them linger there after and then just stayed with her head nestled into his neck. "I missed you" She spoke softly into him, even though he hadn't moved anywhere, she missed him. Her breathing came a little ragged, the tears not really helping much, potentially heading towards having another episode. She took in a deep breath and just calmed herself down. Puling up she looked down to him. "How are you feeling?" she smiled ever so gently running her fingers over his jaw line and chin. "Don't blame yourself for this, just don't.. " she sighed gently, trying to be as gentle as she could with him. Even though she just wanted to smother him right now. She just pressed her lips to the cornor of his mouth. "Happy know's about us by the way" She hoped she wasn't overwhelming him with all this, so she retratced a little and just lay silently at his side, soon finally being able to find sleep, though was fighting it of, not wanting to waste time with sleep.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Female Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:21 am

"No babe, don't" "Its true though! It's all my fault we're here." He protested quietly, not even sure if she heard it over the rustling of the sheets as she climbed into bed with him, his voice was so soft. His skin felt warmer when her lips pressed to his cheek and lingered, before she ducked her head into his neck. However the more she touched him, the pain from the pins and needles made it uncomfortable, and it only made him want to scream, not out of pain but frustration. It wasn't supposed to be this way, her touch was not supposed to hurt, her presence wasn't supposed to be painful. "I missed you" his chest got tight, not knowing what else to do. Because of his over confidence in himself they were here in this goddammed place. He felt bad he couldn't push himself to say anything back. He felt like a wall was blocking him from himself, and no matter how hard he pushed at it, the wall would not even crumble a couple flakes. He felt her breathing fast against him, and felt the damp tears soak through his gown, and he just sat there unmoving, "How are you feeling?" A quick hum was his only response, as he stared out ahead of him, but his eyes slowly drifted in her direction as she ran her fingers over his set jaw, still locked. "Don't blame yourself for this, just don't.." Like he had a choice, he was driving he raced for the light. It was his fault, the least she could do was let him have that dignity. He felt as if he had none left, all these machines keeping him alive, when all he truly needed and wanted was one. His lips twitched at her kiss on the corner of his mouth, not able to decipher if it was his lips pulling away or trying to catch hers in a real kiss. "Happy knows about us by the way" He turned his head to her just as she laid down again, too quickly for him to steal a kiss, the part of him able to break through just that much to want it. "Saved me the trouble of telling him" Tony rasped softly. Feeling something hitch in his throat, there was a new pain that he was about to experience unlike any other. The sensation went right to his chest and into his lungs, even the weak one. Causing him to cough violently with a goose cough, he called them. Mid cough he yelled out in pain his hands snapping around and gripping the side of his chest but pulled back almost immediately. The pain felt like someone drove a huge miners pick axe through his ribs and twisted, He twisted on his side sitting up slightly, the coughs still ripping through him and only causing more pain.
Taking his fist away from his mouth there were little splatters of scarlet dotting his skin, he sighed and tried fighting the pain off as he slowly laid back down on the bed. But the searing pain was taking him over, the small dose of morphine did absolutely nothing for him, and he could only press that button once in a while, the safety preventing him to overdose or abuse it. Once that while was up however, the pain was already back in full swing. He growled and turned his head away in frustration, "Fuck. I hate this goddamn place" He hissed to no one in particular, but it slipped off his lips either way. He knew that he couldn't be released at least for another day. And his thoughts of walking out, they became void really quick feeling the weakness in his whole body. He tried pressing the button more than once but it kept making a default void noise, much like when a popup is blocked on the computer. Starting to get frustrated he just tossed it, but the wire caught it and it came back and hit him then fell off the bed, swinging by the wire. "Fuck it" He hissed and folded his arms over his chest before taking them away again, a painful reminder of his cracked ribs and collapsed lung. "Agh!" He growled his temper flaring up. If he kept this up, his condition would spiral right back down to when he came in.
Alpha Female
Alpha Female
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:56 am

"Saved me the trouble of telling him" she smiled against him, though could tell he was weak, his voice just came soft and a little raspy. Though she couldn't really say much about that, he'd just had a huge tube down his throat and he been in a coma, so his body was lacking in fluids. Just as she was finally at peace; now that her other half was awake. She felt him go tense and then came the most horrific sound, making her sit upright immediatly. Slipping from the bed just to give him room as he lay there cough, nothing she could to. Hearing him yell in pain only made her feel more unless than before. There was absolutly nothing she could do to help him, so she just stood there and watched him with wide eyes, an ache arising in her chest the more she watched him. As he rolled onto his side, still coughing, her hans reached out for him, but only touched air, to scared to even do anything incase she hurt him more. All she could do was hope for the best and just stand there. And she was doing a pretty good job at that.
She just watched him from afar as he slowly rolled back onto the bed, her eyes trained rigght upon the back of his neck so when he turned she was looking at his face, the pain was clear there and it made her heart flutter, not in a good way. With each little bit of pain that he showed it just made her feel for him more and more,as much to the point she wanted this to all just stop. Not being able to bare him in such pain, she'd actually rather see him in a coma still. Becasue then he was unresponsive. "Fuck. I hate this goddamn place" Pepper practically whimpered at that covering a hand over her mouth. watching him as he struggled for the control, pressing it continously only getting nothing from it, seeing it work up inside him untill he exploded trying to throw it across the room, only it was on a wire so it just came back, gliding across him and hung from the drip bracket. She winced sheilding her eye's not being able to take this much longer, hating not being able to do anything for him, but stare in wonder and watch him writhe in pain. "Fuck it" She winced again at the harshness of his tone, her throat slowly closing up as a lump rose higher and higher. "Agh!" Her eyes clamped shut at that, just wanting to seeing something else, whimpering again she couldn't take it, she had to get out of here, he was justmaking her feel like she was starved of oxygen. She left without warning, letting the door slam shut behind her. Once in the hall she took in a deep breath practically collapsing against the wall and fell into the chair there, burying her face into her hands. Once feeling a little better she got up and walked down the hall in search of his doctor. Finding her just coming from another paitents room. "Dr. Snow" She asked timidly, still feeling a little shaken. "Hey there, Is everything okay..?" Pepper's lips twisted as she stumbles for words, her chest tight. "Yeah.. Well no, Tony is awake, but he's in excruitating pain. I don't know what to do" She sighed dropping her stance her teeth tugging on her lip. "Well coming to me is a good thing. I'll get some more morphine, though it's possible it'll knock him out, then maybe we'll see about putting him on a slightly higher doseage again." The doctor place a hand on Peppers shoulder, glancing down to try and catch her gaze. "Look he'll be fine, he's bound to be in a lot of pain, he can just voice that now, Come on lets get him comfotable again. You go ahead i'll just be a few seconds" Pepper just nodded and began her slow walk back to the room, Slow because she didn't really want to go back in there, so she was stalling. Also she wasn't feeling all the spritly, she need energy.
Dr. Snow met her at the door, "After you?" she signaled, letting Pepper go first but she hung back with an arm wrapped around herself. "I'll.... I... Just... " she struggled for words not even sure what was holding her back. "It's okay, if you can't dont worry, I'll have him right as rain in a few moments" At that she vanished into his room, leaving Pepper out in the hall on her own, she began pacing, though that soon became too much of a task, so she sat in the chair and just waited.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Female Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:28 pm

When she left, he barely noticed, a headache threatening to take him over again. The onset of a migraine only pissing him off more, and there was nothing he could do to stop it. His own mind was attacking his body, at the worse time possible. He laid there, fuming in his own frustrations before he heard voices come back into the room, one familiar the other made his eyes open seeing the redhead standing outside. Away from him. Not even coming in the room, as the brunette came walking in. "Mr. Stark--" He looked down at the vile in her hands, seeing another needle coming towards him he freaked. His eyes shot wide, "Forget that! You're not putting me under again!" Tony yelped and moved away from her, the pain ripping through him again. "Mr. Stark. Please calm down, this is only the morphine you asked fo--" The next thing she knew not only were a team of male nurses rushing in but the needle was smacked from her hand, with a yelp she jumped back to avoid being stuck with it. Before anyone could get to him he was reaching for the IV's in his arm. However a hand caught his and yanked it back as he seethed and growled at the man holding him down. Another moved in to sedate him, before Snow grabbed him, "No! Don't put him under. He's fine" She protested and he backed off. "Get me another dose of morphine..Go! Before he seizes" She ordered and shot a finger out the door.
She looked back at Tony and held his arms down, much like a mother would her child. Keeping her touch light, her voice calm now. "Mr. Stark, you need to listen to me.." Her voice made Tony's head snap around. That voice..it was so close to his mother's, that it hurt. If she said his name he'd lose it right there on the spot. "You need to stay calm. With your concussion still an issue, you could fall into a seizure. Do you understand?" She asked and he just stared blankly at her then turned his head to the nurse holding him down, then to his hands. Snow looked up and motioned him with her eyes to release him, which he reluctantly did and Tony slowly looked back over. "Mr. Stark. Would you like a higher dose of morphine for the pain" She said more than asked, just so she could get through to him. Seeing the answer in his eyes she nodded, taking the dose from the nurse that walked back in with it. Administering it to Tony's drip, he could feel the pain slowly start to melt away. His breaths becoming less ragged and he slowly felt better, but his mind was still racing a mile a minute. A headache still pounded in his temple, "There. Now, if you need another dose, ring us. But these can only be given every few hours, not when you feel a little ache." She warned and he fell silent for a moment before speaking again. "Wh..where is she?" He asked his eyes flooded with concern.
Alpha Female
Alpha Female
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:53 pm

She could here all the commotion coming from inside the room, knowing that he was putting up a fight with them. She buried her head deeper into her hands, just trying to rid the sounds of the struggle going on in the room. Though it was all too much for her to cope with, along with the gusy that came running into the room. At that she walked down the hall to someplace that was more quiet. Pacing the floor, she just couldn't get her mind to settle and it was making it begin to pound, feeling like a vise grip was clamped to her temples, slowly tightening with each passing minute. She stopped her pacing in seeing the water cooler and looking around herself, in the slightly darker hall, she went over and took a small cup, filling it with water. As soon as it touched her lips the cup was empty, not realsing actually how dehydrated she had become. Taking another she drank it down again, but not quite as fast as the first. She took another and began to slowly walk back to the room. Upon reaching closer she could tell that it had all settled down now, glad about that as she wasn't up for walking in there when he was being all hot headed again. She just couldn't deal with that side of him right now.
"Wh..where is she?" snow turned back to look at him with a gentle sigh. "She waiting outside. You gave her a good fright Mr. Stark. You should be careful with that" She stayed in the room with him for a little while, just checking over everything else, making sure the rest was still okay. Meanwhile as Pepper went to take a seat she felt a tearing pain in her abdomen, making her double over and cling to the arms of the chair, dropping the cup of water to the ground. She stayed clinging to it, gasping for air as she hoped the pain would pass. Though as she moved to stand up right, it just pulled more at her, a moan escaping her lips as she slipped lower, her mouth gathering saliva as it hung open. Her eye's just rolled into the back of her head and she fell to the ground, dragging the chair and pulling it over as she went to the floor. In hereing this the nurse at the reception peered round the cornor into the hall. Immeditaly seeing Pepper on the floor, she moved from the desk. "We need an ICU crash team down here immeditaly" she called through the speakers, Dr. Snow rushed from Tony's room, pausing when she felt something under foot, looking down she saw, Miss. Pott's laying upon the ground in her own blood and sick. The blood pooling around her legs and ever growing. She snapped into action and checke for her pulse and within seconds the crash team where there with the bed, using the stretcher they slid it under Pott's lifting her to the bed and rushed her down the hall. "Okay, we have a thirty four year old female, she was twelve weeks pregnant, just been in a car accident, but was clear with a clean bil of health. We have vaginal bleeding and sick blocking her airways" Dr. Snow filled in her colleages as they headed into the IC unit, the double doors swung behind them. "Set up for a blood transfusion, b negative, and get her airway cleared. Damn It she's convusling! Hold her steady" She applied a gentle sedative with a Dilantin compound to stop the seizure, and to keep her under as she under went the proceduer to try and save the baby and her.
It was around an hour or so that Dr.Snow finally went back to Tony's room. Hating to have to do this. But he needed to know. She walked in with a clip board in her arm and her white coat back on. She sighed gently, moving to his side. "Well I'm not sure if you know anything. But Miss. Potts was rushed to ICU. Now dont freak out. She's fine, she lost a lot of blood, though we couldn't do anything for the baby, it was too weak. We also found a minor abbraison upon her frontal lobe. It will heal over time, though she is going to need to keep the stress to a bare minimum. I'm sorry for you loss. She's sleeping right now, you can see her if you like, but she wont hear anything. Or you could wait until she wakes up which could be in an hour or so" she stood there and just waited for his reaction, waiting for all this to sink in, hoping it wouldn't make him turn for the worse.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Female Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:30 pm

She's waiting outside. You gave her a good fright Mr. Stark. You should be careful with that" He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose, "Yeah, yeah I know" He sighed feeling horrible for his outburst already. Sitting there for a while, in silence, even after Snow left. Until a commotion made him jump and despite his pain he sat bolt upright. We need an ICU crash team down here immediately." Tony looked down seeing the red pool just peaking past the doorframe. "Pepper!?" He cried the morphine taking affect and weakening him again and he couldn't hold himself up. "Pepper…" His voice faded as he felt his eyelids droop. Tony was scared to death, he knew who was outside of that room, and who's blood that could have easily been. It was about an hour or so later that he woke up, and saw Snow walking in, her posture speaking enough. "Wh-What happened is she okay?" He asked quickly trying to pull himself up. "Please tell me what happened. I-I need to see her" He tried pulling himself up but it was no use, he was still too weak to walk, he was lucky to be able to sit up. "Well, I'm not sure if you know anything. But Miss. Potts was rushed to ICU. Now don't freak out. She's fine, she lost a lot of blood, though we couldn't do anything for the baby…" Snow's voice turned to mumbles and his eyes drifted away, staring into nothing. No. No this couldn't be happening. Tony sat up on his elbows, still staring into air. You can see her if you like".. "I wanna see her." He said snapping his mind back to the present.
"Mr. Stark, we can wheel you in.." "No" Tony said waving her hand away to stop him. "Just get me my pants and I'll walk myself" he said pointing to the bag as he stiffly moved his legs around to the edge of the bed. At this rate he'd get to her room when she woke up. "I can use this, It's fine" He motioned to the IV cart. He wanted to be strong for her, she needed it, even if no one was there to be strong for him. Snow walked over with a pair of sweatpants and Tony managed to get them on wincing hard at the pain in his chest. "Mr. Stark.." "Snow, please. Don't try and stop me okay?" He looked up at her with a plea in his eyes. "Alright fine, but you need to put these on," She looked down at his bare feet and held a pair of booties in her hand. "I cant have you walking around with bare feet" She said and put them on for him as he did his best to keep his cool, feeling like he was being babied. "What room is she in" He muttered. "I'll take you there," She said quietly and stayed close as he stood from the bed, nearly losing it as a pain ripped through his side, taking the weight off his right side leaning on the IV cart. His body language telling Snow to keep her hands off him, that he could do this on his own. He walked with a very heavy limp out of the room with Snow following close behind. A couple nurses moving to stop him, however she waved them off before he even noticed them moving in. Not once seeing a man do this, or anyone for that matter, wake up from a coma, get news of a miscarriage, and just walk right out of his room like he had a broken ankle. She caught up with him and sighed softly. "Mr. Stark, I don't give you the credit you deserve.." She said quietly. "Yeah? Why's that?" He asked wincing while he took a step on his right leg. "Well for one you practically just walked from your coma.." "She needs me.." He said softly and kept his eyes focused in front of him. Snow smiled gently, "You are definitely a man worth keeping, Mr. Stark. She's very lucky to have you by her side like this" "Well, I'm not exactly by her side yet" He mused weakly and Snow's footsteps slowed as she looked into a room, the redhead back in her hospital bed, where she should have never been unless it was giving birth to their child. The sight may not have had any blood, but boy was it morbid. Seeing her move, he walked through the door, fumbling with the handle a little before Snow pushed it open for him, and he limped in. Seeing the remnance of a transfusion made him sick. He would have given his blood having O, he was a perfect donor but with all the morphine he would have been rejected. He managed to make it to the chair before collapsing onto it, catching himself and slowly lowering him down on his left side, saving his bruised ribs. "Pepper? Baby.." He whispered quietly and rubbed her hand. "Baby, I'm here" He said wiping his cheek on his shoulder catching the tears. His heart going through break after break, and being sucked into a black hole.
Alpha Female
Alpha Female
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:10 pm

None of this made sence to her. How could you go one moment from taking a drink into your beloved's room, to only never make it there and now you were lost inside that dream world. None of it added up. She was just so lost inside her mind, lost agmonst all those shapes and colours, like walking through a field of candy. She occaisionally saw Tony's face, sometimes with his huge toothy smile, the image alone made her heart flutter, just a small waver upon the macheine, she had no clue she was attached to. But with no one watching her it didn't make much difference. To her she was sleeping and all this was just a nightmare. Images of Tony attatched to the IV flickered across her mind, too quickly for her to make much of it, though as more and more images flooded her mind, she began to peice together the scene, soon becoming all to real, her body began to repsond to this, twitching with the restless mind at play. Seeing her own self portrayed into this, watching as she passed out, hitting her head upon the chair as she went. Watching herself like she was some kind of spectator of her own life, seeing past all the good and bad that happened. Reminents of feeling people rushing around her came to mind, though all she could see was whiteness, like a bright light was shined into her face. Though it was all mumbled nonsence to her, but she could feel and hear them nonetheless. It wasn't untill a while later that the voices soon became a little clearer to her. Though they were far out, she tried to reach them but found herself rendered useless, feeling like all her limbs were weighed down with an impossible weight, she could feel herself just peeling away from her own encasement. There's nothing we can do for the fetus. It's too late. that was pretty much the cold hard slap that sent her back, those words forever burned into the backs of her eyes. The darkness soon engulfed her once more.
The room was silent, but the gentle occasional beep of the ECG monitor. She wasn't hooked up to any of the garish macheines unlike Tony, just the heart rate monitor, keeping track of her arhythmia. She shifted in her sleep, slowly yet surely she was beginning to peak. Her subconcious picked up on the presence in the room as he walked in, though still unable to really react to it, she just lay there, utterly still, the gentle sounds of her chest rising and falling, the air being sucked in and out of her lungs, the only real sound she made. "Pepper? Baby.." Now her mind was playing tricks with her, trying to get her to wake up to Tony's voice. he wasn't there, he was in hospital trying to recover from his accident, the one she'd been in too. She remembered that much, And thats what she came to believe. She felt a soft sensation brush over her hand and her fingers twitched in response. "Baby, I'm here" There it was again, the only voice to void her of this darkness and it was just her brain playing tricks on her. Her eye's suddenly clamped shut, her hands balled into fists, that sick feeling rose inside of her, but she wasn't ready to wake up not yet. Trying her ever hardest to get rid of it, she struggled with herself and she was soon sitting up, leaning over the side of the bed, her stomache soon winning the war against her. All that came up was a clear-ish liquid, having had nothing but water. She hung over the edge; luckily the opposite side to which Tony sat. Just waiting incase it came up again. But it faded as quickly as it arose, leaving her feeling weaker than when she'd walked out of here - or well walked from that room. Laying back into the bed she then realised she wasn't at home at all, she was back in a hospital bed. Her hand came up to cover her face as it scrunched up with frustration, though could easily be mistaken for pain. This was not happening. Just as everything was getting better it just took one huge leap back. Her hand dropped back to the bed. She jumped as she felt someone take her hand, not even having realised anyone was there. Sucking in a sharp breath she pulled away, but the hand held her back. Her eye's fianlly shot open and she stared right into his brown eyes. She fell back to the bed with a sigh, the tears just fell and her other hand came up to cover her face. Knowing then that what she had indeed seen in her dreams was real. This was not happening. She knew it was possible that she could loose the baby. But for it to actually happen, it hurt her more than she realized it would. Leaving her hand where it was, the one that he had a hold of, she curled up into a fetal postision, turning her back to him, her tears turned into gentle sobs. She couldn't deal with this too, it wasn't happening. But at that the doctor walked back in, though she just stayed where she was, not even wanting to look at anyone right now. "It's good to have you back with us Miss. Potts." Dr. Snow voiced with a smile, trying to just lift the mood. "How are you feeling?" Pepper just ignored her. How the fuck do you think I feel? Like rainbows and unicorn poop? No! I just fucking lost my baby, get a fucking grip! Her mind raged, just making her pulse quicken, being detected upon the machine. Snow just sighed gently, she'd delt with enough people to see this behavouir. She was still trying to crasp her mind onto this, which was perfectly healthy. She needed more time. Snow looked over at Tony. "I'll be back later to check on you both. Now don't let her pulse get to fast, if so just press the button and someone will come and for anything else really. She needs to stay calm" she looked over the side of the bed, having smelt stomache bile very fiently when she walked in. "I'll have someone clean that up for you and bring some sick trays just incase. It's quiet normal for her to be sick after this. Her body is still adapting to it. I'll be back later" Pepper listened carefully to this, managing to slow her pulse as she did. In hearing the door swing shut she slowly rolled over onto her back, staring up to the ceiling, then closed her eye's. "Tony..." was all she managed croak, her voice but barely a whisper, her chest getting tight as the tears welled up in her eye's, sitting right upon the edge, waiting to spill over at any moment. She knew how much he wanted this and that frightened her to think how he was coping. "I'm sorry.. don't... don't hate me" she whimpered, not really sure what she was going on about, the tears fell at that as she felt a pang in her heart, rolling onto her side, turning away from him. Really just not wanting to see anyone right now. Feeling his hand rest on her side she twitched away from him. "Don't" was all she said, taking in a deep breath. "Just... I want to be alone" her breath wobbled as she exhaled, really she didn't want to be alone, but she couldn't deal with the sympathy, that wouldn't just bring back the baby.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 35 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next