Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kira the Glitter Speck and Polo of Darkness![Possible Mature Content]

3 posters

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Kira the Glitter Speck and Polo of Darkness![Possible Mature Content] Empty Kira the Glitter Speck and Polo of Darkness![Possible Mature Content]

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:06 pm

Aha my plot is.....not much of one.

Boarding school.
Creatures of darkness.
Etc. Etc. Capische?

Character!!!!

Rika Neverain
Rika is what you would call a selective mute. Meaning she has the ability to speak, due to a tragedy from her past. If people ask her questions though, she always has a pen and paper ready and she knows a bit of sign language. Her parents sent her to a boarding school for troubled teens in Greenville, South Carolina, USA. She finds refuge in playing her instruments and listening to music. She also enjoys writing poetry. Sometimes she writes songs, but with no one to sing them they just collect dust. Often you can find Rika in a garden or up a tree reading. She really likes to be outside, and she enjoys animals. There's a lot of mystery surrounding her, but because she never opens her mouth, the mysteries stay hidden.

Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Kira the Glitter Speck and Polo of Darkness![Possible Mature Content] Empty Re: Kira the Glitter Speck and Polo of Darkness![Possible Mature Content]

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:26 pm

Desriol Mordrid

Appearance: Hope this link works... Razz

Desriol is a necromancer. He has the ability to raise the dead, and to kill those spirits that venture unbidden from the world of the dead back into life.
His entire life has been spent travelling from place to place with his father, making sure the dead stay dead, and keeping the world in balance.
When he turned 18, however, his father decided to do something he should have done a long time ago.
He sent Desriol away, to live the final year of his childhood as a normal child, in a normal school. It is a comfortable, protected place - nestled in a blissfully ignorant town. The town is protected from 'The Outlands' -A place where the dead roam free, and magic wreaks havoc - by a great wall.
To protected towns such as this, The Outlands seem less real. Like an unfriendly nightmare, or a tale to frighten unruly children. Everybody knows that they exist, but nobody truly knows what lies beyond the walls.

Thus, when Desriol arrived at the boaring school, it caused great excitement. He was an outsider... He came from beyond the wall - and this gave him a sense of mystery that nobody could resist.
Unfortunately, Desriol was strange, and dark. Before long, the excitement of him coming from The Outlands dwindled, and the students began to see him for what he was: An Outsider. He seemed dark, and dangerous. Constantly on edge, and unafraid of violence - sword always at his belt.
Suddenly, his magic was not something to be in awe of, but rather something to fear.

((Sorry, that sucked, but I ran out of motivation at the end. Wink ))
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Kira the Glitter Speck and Polo of Darkness![Possible Mature Content] Empty Re: Kira the Glitter Speck and Polo of Darkness![Possible Mature Content]

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:43 pm

[oh my god...I re read my post and realized I left out part of an important sentence....sigh. Rika chooses not to talk because it's traumatizing. -_-]

Rika stood in the threshold of the double doors, watching the sun. Her grey eyes were narrowed in scrutiny, staring at the lake and whatever lay beyond. That had always intrigued her, the Outlands. She knew they were there. Out there, somewhere. But nothing she did would prove it. Her hand creeped up to her throat, feeling it carefully. Her gaze shifted down to her feet, which were bare.
She knew she could talk, she knew it was there. But after the accident...it was as if there was a bottle inside of her, and her voice had been trapped inside it. Like that movie, the one with the mermaid.
Rika shook her head and began to turn to go back inside, but something caught her eye. She turned slightly and saw a figure strolling along. A boy. He looked familiar. What was his name? D...D...Desirol! Rika snapped her fingers in triumph, then jumped and glanced around sheepishly.

[just realized I didn't give her an age. Let's go with 17. Sigh I'm so out of it,]
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:49 pm

((No worries, I figured it out. Razz ))

As he was prowling through the halls, Desriol heard a snapping sound beside him. Alert and edgy as always, he whipped around and drew his sword in one smooth motion - and it was pointing at the girl's throat before he had even registered who - or what - she was. It sunk in just in time, and he lowered his weapon cautiously, sliding it back into its scabbard, and glaring at the girl.
"You startled me." He informed irritably.
It may not have seemed it, but this was Desriol's attempt at an apology.
Unfortunately, one of the consequences of spending his entire young life as a necromancer in the Outlands was that he had absolutely no social skills whatsoever, and tended to come over as rather abrasive at the best of times.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:55 pm

[oh good! Smart polo xD]

Rika made no move to move away from the sword, just stared at the boy like a cornered animal. When he slid the sword back into his scabbard, she took a step back. Not out of fear, but more to get a better look at him. Her eyes slid easily over him, taking in everything.
You startled me.
Not much of an apology, but it seemed to be his version of one. Rika arched an eyebrow, but nodded acceptingly. She hugged her notebook to her chest, which was adorned with stickers and a purple fuzzy pen. She narrowed her eyes at him, then glanced down to his sword.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:08 pm

((Yes Razz ))

Desriol stared at the girl for a while, confused as to why she didn't speak. She was staring at him... Staring at his sword, as though she had something to say.
Ordinarily he'd had guess that he had just frightened her into silence, but she did not seem scared... He didn't understand her, and that bothered him.
"What?!" He demanded harshly, his fingers closing automatically on the handle of his sword.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:14 pm

Rika shrugged again and shook her head. Obviously he didn't understand. Not that anyone did, but he was different. So was she. It just...was a small hope for her. She looked up at him, her bangs falling into her eyes. She swiped them away, but they feel right back into place. She stepped forward, towards him.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:24 pm

When the girl stepped toward him, Desriol shifted his weight back, though did not move his feet from their spot. He drew his sword just a few inches out of its scabbard, eyes narrowing and fixing on her.
What was she?
He couldn't feel a dead spirit inside her, and he knew he could always feel the presence of the dead - but there was something unnatural about her, and he didn't like it.
"What?" He repeated, calmer this time - though threatening. He drew his sword by a few more inches, the blade glinting in the light now.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:29 pm

Rika shifted back as she saw his sword, then her hand shot forward and grabbed his wrist, holding it there. She swiftly moved behind him, peeking around his shoulder at him. She hoped he realized she wasn't threatening him, just making sure he didn't draw his sword on her again. She could tell he was already weary of her, as most people were. Her eyes were drawn to his face, studying it and scrutinizing. Finally she looked at his eyes.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:14 pm

When the girl grabbed his wrist, tension rocketed through Desriol.
Nobody immobilised a necromancer's sword arm.
He whirled away from her - drawing his sword, and pointing it threateningly at her chest, his eyes narrowed into harsh slits.
Then he saw the expression in her eyes, and again he lowered his sword slightly. She did not seem threatening... But something about her bothered him.
"Don't you... Speak?" He asked cautiously, slowly lifting her sword, and resting the back of the blade against his shoulder - keeping it ready, but not in an aggressive stance.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:26 pm

Rika gasped, then glared at him. She lifted her chin defiantly and waited for him to move his sword. She watched carefully as he rested it across his shoulder. Her head tilted slightly and her expression softened. She pondered how she should answer his question, then settled on a simple shake of her head. Then she smiled slightly and clicked her pen, scribbling onto her notepad.
But I can write.
She held it up for him. It was written in small, neat handwriting.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:36 pm

Desriol cast an irritable glance toward the notepad, then returned his glare to the girl. "Why didn't you do that from the start?" He snapped aggressively. Again, this was his uneducated way of saying he felt bad for threatening her. An apology, of sorts - but an awful one.
"What do you want?" He demanded, his irritation increasing with being the only one speaking. He was usually the quiet one...

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:42 pm

Rika pursed her lips angrily, then wrote something else down.
I'm not the one who pulls their swords on random girls. She scribbled, shoving it towards him. She out her hand on her hip, arching an eyebrow at him.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:49 pm

"Sorry. I'm new here, and I'm... Struggling to adjust." He muttered grudgingly - actually managing a recognisable apology this time - though meaning it far less than he had the previous two. He did not regret pulling out his sword on the girl - one could never be too cautious.
Thus, he was not really apologising - he was merely excusing his behaviour.
"What do you want?" He repeated firmly, waiting for his answer, "If you have business with me, state it now. I must move on."

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:56 pm

Rika shrugged. She clicked her pen a few times, thinking of a response. Truthfully, she had no reason to keep him here. But he had been someone she had wanted to talk to. He knew about the Outlands. So, she decided to tell him the truth.
I want to know about the Outlands.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:28 pm

At this statement, Desriol let out a harsh bark of laughter - a sound the somehow didn't suit him. "You want to know about the Outlands?" He repeated in amused incredulity. "Excited by the mystery, are you? Enchanted by the idea of all the magic..." He trailed off with a snort of amusement, shaking his head.
"The Outlands are in ruin. They are harsh and unforgiving, and every breath you take is a great victory in itself. They are teeming with the Dead who are overthrowing the balance of life no matter how quickly I banish them. Life in the Outlands is one endless battle. There's no comfort, no happiness, no trust and no pleasure. There's just pain, and ceaseless gut-wrenching pain."
He lowered his sword from his shoulder, holding it in his arms and studying it fondly.
"The Outlands are home to the most despicable creatures imaginable..." He stroked the shining blade thoughtfully, and fell silent - lost in memories of his young life in the Outlands.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:18 am

Rika listened carefully, before clicking her pen thoughtfully. What did she have to say to that? It partially true, the Outlands intrigued her, but not for the reasons he had listed. Sure, the magic and mystery were cool and interesting, but she had other reasons for asking. Finally she decided on what to write.
You think I'm some sort of provincial child, thinking the things that I know nothing of amaze me. But that's incorrect. I have my own reasons for asking, but they are not what you listed. Thank you for telling me, though. It was nice to get an opinion from the living.
She watched him with his blade, since he was seemingly lost in....memories? Eventually she tentatively handed the notebook to him. She knew some of what she had written was risky to show him, but maybe he wouldn't understand and she could skip over the questions. Though he didn't seem the type to overlook such things. She nibbled her lip nervously.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:24 am

Desriol jumped when the notebook was thrust toward him, but accepted it with a low growl - seeming more beast than man for a moment.
He let his eyes dart over the page, and when he was done, he had taken only one thing from it.
He raised his eyes slowly, and fixed them intently on the girl's.
"The living?" He repeated, raising one eyebrow, "Correct me if I'm wrong, but to specify that must mean you have heard an opinion from the dead..." He glanced her briefly up and down, summing her up, frowning, considering.
"You're not dead." He informed her in a matter-of-fact tone. "I'd sense it if you were dead... Or inhabited by a dead spirit. But you're no Necromancer, either... Right?" For a moment he sounded doubtful, and this angered him, so he ceased guessing, and asked outright. "What are you?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:31 am

A small laugh escaped her lips as he pointed out that she wasn't dead. She took the notebook back and thought of how to answer.
No, I'm not dead. And no, I'm not a necromancer. I'm a Whisperer. I see, hear, and listen to the dead, or ghosts if you prefer. Sometimes I write to them, but mostly to ask questions. The ones around here are rather chatty.
Rika rolled her eyes and handed him the notebook, glancing around cautiously. It was bad enough if one person knew(though she had willingly told him), but someone else knowing would cause quite. The mess for her.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:57 am

Desriol seemed mildly disturbed by this news, since it was a side to the dead he had never considered before. For a moment, he pictured the simple girl before him allowing the powerful spirits of the Dead that he was forever banishing to speak into her mind, but then he realised that the Greater Dead were probably too powerful for such things...
Likely as not, the voices this girl wrote about were those of trapped spirits, hanging in limbo between between life and death. That was what a 'ghost' was... They ought not to exist, and if they did, it meant that he was not doing his job well enough.
But for spirits to be trapped somewhere other than the Outlands?! That should not be happening...
Without thinking, Desriol let his senses expand, and sure enough, he felt the faint spirits of the dead lingering nearby. Just normal human spirits - their bodies perished, but their sould wandering aimlessly in the land of the living.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:04 am

Rika's eyebrows furrowed together when he said nothing. She glanced around, weary of the spirits. The ghosts. The dead. Whatever they were called. They whispered to her, spoke to one another. It was like they had no idea they were dead. She began pacing, brushing off the voices with each movement. She could see that they were all outside or upstairs, but she could still hear them. She really hated it.
The girl stopped pacing and went over to the boy. She looked him square in the eye, then turned away and motioned for him to follow. She walked briskly down the corridor to a room, which lead to another room, and another. It was like a maze. However that was not unusual since the whole school had been built like this, but there was one room in particular she was searching for.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:19 am

When Desriol resurfaced from his reverie, he found the girl standing right in front of him, her face inches from his, and he jumped - hand flyign instantly to his sword. Thankfully, she had turned away and started walking before he could draw his weapon - so he began following cautiously.
"Where are you going?" He asked sharply, "I don't like to follow people I don't know when I don't know where I'm going. You know what we call people who do that in the Outlands? Dead. And I don't want to be dead, thank you very much."
He gave a sniff of irritation, and quickened his pace to fall into step beside the girl.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:28 am

Rika looked over at him, shooting him a look that clearly said Shut it. She continued walking, opening doors, and walking. She finally opened one last door, and grinned broadly. The room was empty except for a key laying in the middle of it. She walked over and studied it, her eyebrows knitting together as she concetrated. Slowly she reached down, crouching low. As she drew nearer to the key, she drew her hand back sharply with a squeal of pain. She stood up and backed away from the key, holding her hand.
She looked at him, her grey eyes studying him carefully. She took out her notebook, feeling she owed him an explanation.
Its a skeleton key. I need it to get to some of the other spirits in the school. Even some ghosts can't get out of locked room.
She offered him a sheepish smile.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:33 am

((I don't understand how the key hurt her... o_0 ))

"Why would you go looking for them?" Desriol asked in disgust, shifting away from the key with a repulsed expression. "This is all wrong. The dead should be dead."
With that, he turned away from the girl and drew his sword - his intentions clear.
He was going to kill them.
He was going to kill every dead spirit in this school - banishing them into the land of the dead, where they belonged. That was his job as a necromancer... Or rather, a reverse necromancer - since necromancy usually involved raising the dead...

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:41 am

[it's protected by magical curses and junk xD I meant to say that but I got distracted by Buffy...drama to the max xP]

Rika gaped at him. What was he doing?! She dashed after him, grabbing his arm and turning him towards her. She shook her head, looking up at him with pleading eyes.
He couldn't, he just couldn't do that. She wouldn't let him. In her eyes, he went about banishing them all wrong. Maybe in the Outlands it was right, but not here. Not with her there. They needed coaxing, understanding. Like lost puppies. They were all here for a reason. That's why she needed to find them and help then understand why they were here.
He wasn't going to ruin that.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next