Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Polo and Scatty-Batty-Catty

2 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Polo and Scatty-Batty-Catty - Page 6 Empty Re: Polo and Scatty-Batty-Catty

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:19 pm

((Oh, pft! XD Are you on a phone? Razz ))

Vince responded with a cool, contained smile and handed the headphone to Adrian, then switched the other from his right ear to his left - allowing for more length of cable - and leaned back in his seat. He relaxed slightly, tapping his foot absentmindedly in time to the music.
Rise Against music played loudly from the tiny speakers, the lively beat keeping Vince somewhat calm - ironically. He listened for a while, then glanced back toward Adrian. His expression changed slightly, making him seem timid and uncertain, if only for a moment. He opened his mouth to speak, then seemed to change his mind, and looked away. His heart was thumping wildly again, so to distract himself, he began scrolling through the music on his Ipod for a new song.
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:08 am

[[Kind of. Im on a nook]]

Adrian sighed at the other boy's indecisive actions. He was really throwing a lot of curve balls - and that was throing him off his track. He didnt know whn or when not rotrust Vince- and that just made things difficult. With a sigh, he accepted the headpon and listened to the familiar beat. He opened his mouth in surpise. "Yo like Rise Against, too?" Fo some reason, he never imagined he and the brute would have anything in common. But apparently they did.
"And you really can stop npretending, at least around me. I can tell."
Batcat
Batcat

http://christmas-khaleesi.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:21 am

((A nook, not a cranny? XD ... Wow, lame Polo joke. Wink *Snickers* ))

"Yeah." Vince replied with a slight smile, but before he could say any more, Adrian said something that made the smile melt from his face, and put him instantly back on the defensive.
"I don't know what you're talking about." He lied stubbornly, turning away from Adrian to glare out of the window, then flicking through his songs again - finding a slower, more relaxing one this time to help him keep his temper.

In the face of change
that's when she turned to me and said
"I'm not sure any more."
And then, amidst the waves
and the cloudless skies that blanket the years before
we watch our lives wash ashore...

((At school, so can't search for lyrics right now - but I know Everchanging almost off by heart. XD ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:57 pm

Adriannsighed as he sunk ninto his seat, letting the music take over. After a ewhile, heclosed his eyes and fell asleep, face falling limp as the muscles relaxed. Who knew he could fall asleep nextto the boy who had caused him so much stress and pain? And was pobably now crushing on him! Adrian had not even thought of Vince tht wy before... but what f? What f he finally stopped denying it? Would there be room for somethin more? He snuck a glance at Vince as he thiuht abou it.

[[Baha sorry for the typos]]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:27 pm

When Adrian drifted off to sleep, Vince watched him with a strange combination of awe and trepidation. He was so gorgeous when he slept... The relaxed lines of his face, the way his breath drifted slowly through those sensual lips. Each breath was gentle and quiet - and perfectly rhythmic.
Vince was enthralled.
Why did it have to be this way...? His tongue darted nervously over his lips, and he wondered vaguely if he was just confused... If there was any chance at all that he was not really... He couldn't even bring himself to think the word.
It was fear about his feelings for Adrian that had caused him to bully the boy from the start, and anger that Adrian was gay, which made the idea possible - and thus more tempting.
But over time, the feelings had only grown stronger - and now that he had kindled the beginning of a friendship with Adrian, he didn't want to hurt him any more...
Vince's thoughts were interrupted abruptly when Adrian stirred.
He jumped in fright, and turned his gaze quickly in the other direction - staring out of the window, his chin slightly raised to enhance his striking features.
He felt Adrian's gaze burn into the side of his head for just a moment, and slowly turned to face the other boy. "How did you know?" He asked quietly, meeting Adrian's gaze, and trying to keep a casual atmosphere - even though he knew it was futile. "How did you know for sure you were gay? When did you realise it?"
Way to go, Vince. So much for subtlety.

((No worries. Razz ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:42 am

Adrian pondered his ords for a moment. This was a good sign right? It was goo that hewas thinking about t.But still. He had to think of q good and truthful response.
"I just listened to my body I think. I stopped noticing girls and started noting boys." He shrugged and wathed Vince carefully, curious to see his reaction.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:52 am

Vince grunted in response, seeming faintly disgusted - but biting his tongue to keep from saying anything mean. That was an improvement, at least.
"So you weren't always gay?" He questioned, his own face mirroring Adrian's curiosity.
He had to admit, this was actually somewhat fascinating... He had always felt somewhat intimidated by Adrian's confidence in his sexuality - it had never occurred to him that he might be interested in it...
"I mean, you say you stopped liking girls - does that mean you were originally straight?" He paused a moment, then chuckled awkwardly. "Sorry for the twenty questions... I'm just trying to get on the same page as you, here."

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:21 am

Adrian chuckled. "Quite alright. And I'm sorry about what I've said to you." He shrugged but answered. "Im not sure. I just remember looking at girls becuse my friends were. I may have been straight at one point."

[[I cant rp much right now]]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:33 am

Vince frowned in confusion at Adrian, trying to figure out just exactly what he was apologising for. The constant insinuations that he was gay, perhaps? Ah, whatever. It didn't matter.
"Hm, I see." Vince responded, nodding vaguely. "So, did you sleep with any girls during that time?" He asked with a swagger, his lips curving into a smirk. Clearly, he felt no shame for asking such a personal question.
"And have you slept with any dudes since?" He added, wrinkling his nose slightly in disgust. He seemed somewhat disturbed by this thought, and shuddered slightly to ward off unwelcome mental images.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:50 pm

Adrian chckled. "No one. I almosr did wih a girl, though. Quite the interesting experience." He roled his eyes. "I dont really plan on it either, whether it be a boy or girl." He shrugged innocently then smirked. "I know you have,though. It's all around theschool that you and Chelsea did after that party a ciuple weeks ago. Toby Lomnan says he saw." Adrian grinned, loving that he was finally having a decent conversation.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:10 pm

"Toby Lomnan is a liar." Vince responded, though he was still grinning in a self-satisfied fashion. "He was passed out drunk the entire time. I remember tripping over him on my way to the bedroom." He laughed at the memory, and smirked silently to himself.
"I haven't heard from Chelsea since then..." He added thoughtfully, "I guess she got pissed when I started messing around with Nicky. Chicks, huh?" He elbowed Adrian in the side, still smirking in a way that suggested he was rather proud of his 'accomplishments'.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:00 pm

Adrian rolled his eyes. "That would make them upset." He sighed and glanced around. They had a late flight, so a couple people were already requesting pillows and blankets. He really didn't want to fall asleep right then, but what else could he do? Talk to Vince? That wasn't very... interesting. Or appropriate. The way he used girls was sickening.
He shuddered and pulled out a sudoku puzzle from his carry-on bag and began to fill out the boxes with numbers.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:38 pm

When Adrian took out his sudoku, Vince leaned over and watched what he was doing curiously. He was pretty quick at deducing which numbers went where... "You really do like maths, don't you?" He asked in wonderment, staring at Adrian as though he was some sort of alien.
"You're pretty good at those." He added, offering a hopeful smile. He could sense that Adrian was irritated with him again, but he couldn't work out why. He was really trying, for once... He desperately wanted to befriend the boy. To investigate these foreign feelings raging in the back of his mind, and see if they would be satisfied with just a normal friendship. He gnawed his lip slightly, waiting for Adrian's response.
Gosh... When had he become so timid and pathetic?

((Happy birthday to me... XD ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:23 am

[[Yes, happy birthday dearest Polo]]

Adrian noticed Vince watching him for a while, but it didn't make his skin crawl like it normally would have. It just made him feel... Observed. He sighed, but continued to make it seem as if he didn't notice.
He glanced up at the other boy when he asked about it. "It's not very mathematical at all. I do like it, though." He smiled, bright bue eyes glowing with what could only seem like friendship. Vince was clearly trying to smooth over all rough feelings, and this was a good way to do it, too.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:31 am

((I have subtlety skills. XD *Rolls eyes sarcastically*
Gosh. I'm so sick. O.o When I rode in for my last class today, I was dizzy, lightheaded, nauseous, could barely breathe and I started getting pins and needles in my limbs, so I could only feel the top half of my hands, and I couldn't feel my feet at all. O.o Weird. Bronzey still had the fastest time by 2 seconds in the jumpoff, though. Razz We just clipped the last jump. -_- Stupid... *Grumbles*

Sorry, I am feeling talkative. O.o *Offers cupcake* ))

Vince returned Adrian's smile gladly - clearly happy that his attempts to eliminate any feelings of enmity had paid off.
"So..." He mumbled, casting around for another topic of conversation. "You like Rise Against, right? What other music do you like?" He offered a friendly smile, watching Adrian with his head tilted curiously to one side.
It was strange... When he wasn't at school, things were so much simpler. He had no reputation to uphold, no point to prove, no peers to impress... He could just be himself.
Presently, Vince began to wonder if, perhaps, this was the reason he had been sent on this trip... Maybe it was more than just a stroke of luck.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:39 am

[[I also feel sick, though I'm not sure I feel as sick as the Polo Razz
I think I'm coming down with strep... So I'll miss my friend's party and my band pool party. With a hot guy. *wails*
Ooh, I barely remember what that means from my horse obessesion days, but that sounds wonderful! Except for clipping the jump.
When you're in the Olympics, I will cheer for you!
*eats cupcake* *attempts to think of good music that Polo knows* *fails epicly*]]

Adrian shrugged. "I listen to a lot of music, really. My mom likes hip-hop and my dad likes jazz and my brother likes rock, so I listen to all of them. But I do like Muse." He smiled, hoping Vince would know them because his creator sure didn't.
He yawned and stretched before putting his puzzle away. For some reason, he wanted to give Vince his full attention right now. This was the first conversation they'd had in... This was the first conversation they'd had, and he didn't want to screw it up.

[[Gotta go, going to the doctor's Sad]]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:41 pm

((No idea what strep is, unfortunately, but that really sucks. D: *Dies* Poor thing. Sad *Pats head*

Hehe Razz Jump off is a jumping round against the clock for those who go clear in the first round. Wink

You'd better! XD 2016 - look for me! Wink I'll be the one on the horse. Razz

*Makes suggestions*
A Day To Remember, Rise Against, Sick Puppies, Yellowcard, The White Tie Affair, Bullet For My Valentine, Breaking Benjamin, Linkin Park, My Chemical Romance, All American Rejects, Alesana, Blindside, Aiden, Say Anything, Funeral For a Friend, Three Days Grace, Skillet, All Time Low, I Hate Kate... Need I go on? Razz ))

Vince smiled and nodded in response. "I'm mostly into rock." He replied, "Muse are pretty good, though!"
When Adrian put down the sudoku, Vince recognised that he had gained the boy's full attention. Hopefully, that meant he was forgiven for his recent- Well... For his permanent bad attitude.
"Here, check this band out..." He flicked through the music on his Ipod, and selected his favourite song by 'Dope'. "They're coming out here for a concert next month. I'm gonna go - might take a date, if I can find a girl who's into heavy rock." He shrugged, chuckling slightly, then added, "If you like them, you could tag along."
Did I just ask out a dude...?
Yeah, you kinda did.
But it was just as a friend.
Uh-huh... You just keep telling yourself that.

Vince silenced his thoughts with a shudder, then listened quietly as the song began to play.

What'd you go and do that for
I see the way you're
Looking at me
And I don't know why...
I don't know and I'm not sure
Have you lost your way
Did you lose your mind
Are you out of time

((Now or Never - Dope It's kinda heavy, but damn good music. Very Happy Listen to it, if you can. ^_^ ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:08 pm

[[*has no idea who these bands are* Hm...

I bet Africa has different diseases xP No fair. Strep is a really icky sickness in your throat and it hurts to swallow and your ears hurt and stuff. It's terribe *wails* I don't have it but I still feel sick.

Ahaha, will you really be in the Olympics? That would be awesome except my parents would be all like 'Why are you cheering for the foreign person?!' and I'll be like 'Uhhhh I don't know O.O' *cowers*]]

Adrian coolly arched an eyebrow at the mention of the concert. He was a fan of Dope, though he wasn't sure about going to the concert. He'd had some bad experiences. One year, a group of druggies got together and decided he needed a bath, so they threw him in a nearby lake. It was in the middle of the night and it was freezing, and he barely got home before he collapsed from hypothermia. He shuddered at the memory but replied - mostly for Vince's sake than his own - even though he had no intention of going.
"Sure. I'd like that."
He smiled charmingly then turned to look out the window. Vince was still in a denial stage, but that was okay. He wasn't sure how long it would take to get him out of it, though.
As long as it takes, Adrian. As long as it takes.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:39 pm

((They rock. XD

Possible. Razz That sounds kinda like what I had, before it got worse. Wink LMAO! I actually think it might be some form of tonsillitis... *Ponders* Either way, I feel much better now that I've overdosed on a bunch of medicine stuffles. XD

Probably not, but a girl can dream. Razz I'm sure going to try!! I'm determined to get there one day!!! ^_^ Bronze is in 1m eventing at the moment... Next year we're hoping to try one star, which is the next level... And Olympic level is three star, so we're not THAT far off. XD My instructor thinks we could do it. Smile

And Dude, just flash them the stinkeye and say "Well, excuse me for caring about poverty-stricken Africa!" XD ))

Vince breathed in sharply when Adrian smiled at him - feeling something in the pit of his stomach flip about, leaving him feeling oddly lightheaded and dazed.
When he felt he had regained control of his facial muscles, he smiled stiffly back.
When Adrian turned away to stare out of the window, Vince jumped at the opportunity to do the same. He just couldn't bare to look at Adrian when he had that ridiculously gorgeous smile on his face.
It was all too strange... It just wasn't natural that he should feel like this over another boy!
He began gnawing on his lip, suddenly seeming rather distressed, and even a little upset.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:01 pm

[[Haha stinkeye be a funny word ^^ And that's a good idea Very Happy I really hope you do go to the Olympics! I'll be all like POLO!!!! And they'll be all like, 'This isn't polo, this is cross country.' I'll be like, "Nevermind'

And I would be honored to RP with an Olympian ^^ You won't forget about me when you grow up, will you? *sniffs*]]

Adrian rolled his eyes and continued to watch the ground from the plane window. The people were so tiny he couldn't even see them. In fact, he couldn't even see the cars anymore. The bright blue length of a river snaked across the farms on the ground. It was an overall beautiful sight. In a way, he wished he had a camera to capture the moment. He was big in photography, and always pictured everything like it would be through a camera lens.
He sighed and looked over at Vince, catching him looking distressed. Okay, it wasn't really fair to be doing this to the other boy. No, it wasn't right to be flirting like this when was clearly in the denial stage. He sighed again and apologized. "I really am sorry about the comments I've made."
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:38 am

((LMAO! XD Nice. Razz

I won't. Smile Grow up, I mean. XD But I won't forget you, either! Very Happy I am a good Polo, yes I am. Smile *Pats own head* ))

Vince glanced up and looked over at Adrian when the other boy apologised. He smiled meekly in response, then shrugged and replied, "Me too. Best call it even, I guess." He looked away then, and resumed gnawing on his lip, seeming more distressed than ever. Something was bubbling up inside him. He wasn't sure how much longer he could hold it... This burden was just too much for one person to bear!
"Besides, you were right." Vince blurted suddenly, unable to contain it any longer. Still, he refused to look at Adrian, but tension turned the muscles in his neck to stone.
Why had he said? Why had he said that?! He wasn't even sure he was gay yet! And if Adrian knew - If he told people, Vince's reputation could be destroyed.
Stupid, stupid, stupid!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:29 am

[[Good Polo *feeds treat* I don't think I'll grow up either. Except for when I go to college xD]]

Adrian fought to keep his mouth from dropping open. Here it was, the confession. He silently praised Vince for not retaliating afterwards and threatening him so he wouldn't tell. With a controlled expression, he responded.
"Okay."
He didn't want to overdo it, but he wanted to make sure Vince knew that he heard. That was the problem. Maybe he should add in some sort of gesture? One that wouldn't make Vince think he was hitting on him?
Quietly, hereached out and patted the boy's shoulder, but quickly drew back his hand and resumed staring out the window.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:52 am

((*Nibbles on treat* :3 Amen. Growing up sucks. Razz ))

"Okay." Okay? Was that the best he could do? How was this possibly okay?! It was the furthest thing from okay! It was...
What was it?
Come to think of it, what was there to say, other than 'okay'?
Vince's anger died as quickly as it had come, and he slumped in his seat - feeling utterly defeated. He had heard people say that coming out of the closet was a wonderful, relieving feeling... So why did he just feel hollow and beaten?
He felt Adrian's touch his shoulder, and pat it briefly. The simple gesture of comfort called up all the emotion Vince was trying so hard to hide, and he swallowed thickly, drawing in a shaky breath.
"F***." He said simply, clenching his hands into shaky fists in his lap, then staring firmly at them. "I've turned into a f***ing hypocrite. Where the f*** can I go from here?"
Perhaps the swearing was a little excessive, but Vince didn't care. He needed comfort, and support... He needed to feel everything he kept bottled up inside - but he was just too proud... Too damn proud - just like ever before.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:00 am

[[Growing up does, but not growing. I need to grow. I'm only 4'11 and a half... *sniffs*]]

Adrian sighed, wishing he could do more to comfort him, but not sure if he should. Everyone around them was asleep, though, so did it matter? Anyone who was awake would have come to see what was up when the boy began swearing, but no one did. Not even Kelli or Shae.
Hesitantly, he reached out and took one of Vince's hands, holding it gently in his own. "It's okay, you have time to figure it out, Vince." He looked up and met the other boy's eyes. His own shone out with empathy. He knew what everything the bigger guy was going through. He did because he went through it himself at one point. He did...
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:14 am

When Adrian took his hand, Vince froze. Then he heard the other boy's words, and glanced hesitantly toward him. "It's not okay." He muttered, evading Adrian's gaze, and half trying to pull his hand away - though deep down, he knew he didn't want to. He wanted the comfort.
"How did you deal with this?" He asked desperately, looking up at Adrian with disbelief, and perhaps even a hint of admiration. "I mean, especially with jerks like me getting on your case, and..." He trailed off, shaking his head - then biting his lip and looking away again.
This was just too hard to face...

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next