Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Polo and Scatty-Batty-Catty

2 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Polo and Scatty-Batty-Catty - Page 2 Empty Re: Polo and Scatty-Batty-Catty

Post  Batcat Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:22 pm

Adrian winced as Vince collided with his shoulder. Not because of the stinging words, but because of the bruises left from yesterday afternoon. He sighed and smiled to the principal. When he left, he took care to use a different door then the one the other boy used.

Later that afternoon, he hung around the science lab, finishing cleaning up from someone's experiment that had gone wrong. He wrinkled his nose at the mess. He didn't even know what it was, and that wasn't exactly comforting.
Batcat
Batcat

http://christmas-khaleesi.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:29 pm

((Have I ever told you that you are QUICK? O.o ))

Once the school day was over, Vince traipsed toward the science lag, dragging his feet with the air of a prisoner walking to the gallows. He felt utterly defeated, and his every action was riddled with hopeless resignation. There was no way he could get out of this now... But he really didn't want Adrian to tutor him - for several reasons.
Still, he couldn't afford to fail, either.
With a heavy sigh, he came to a standstill in front of the door, staring up at it distastefully, and scratching his head. The idea of what he would see upon opening that door was almost too daunting to take - but Vince swallowed his pride, and pushed the door open.
"Yo." He greeted Adrian stiffly, his dark eyes narrowing slightly in a hard, challenging expression - practically daring Adrian to do even one tiny thing to push him over the edge...
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:45 pm

[[It's supposed to take longer? I'ts probably cause I'm not writing all that much...]]

Adrian sighed and tossed the paper towels into the trash can across the room - hitting the target perfectly. He turned to face Vince, his arms across his chest stiffly. He looked away quickly, not exactly liking the fact that they were in a room together. He'd proobably beat the living crap out of him, despite Principal Hayden's warning.
He flinched and gestured to a pile of books on one of the desks. He sat down and opened up one of them.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:52 pm

Vince stalked moodily over to the seat Adrian indicated, and sat down. He hated this! He felt so inferior... He had never wanted to bash Adrian around quite as much as he did at that moment. But of course, he didn't dare. Even Vince had his limits.
"I'm not more pleased about this than you are, you know." He growled irritably to Adrian as he thumped his book down on the table, flipping through the pages until he reached the chapter they had been working on in class.
Nothing had changed - it still looked like gibberish.
"So can you make any sense of this?" Vince asked somewhat defensively, jabbing a finger toward the page.
He hated having to admit that Adrian was better than him at something.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:59 pm

"I know. I'm sorry." Although Adrian had nothing to apologize for. He was only doing this for extra credit - and he wouldn't have done it at all had he known who he was tutoring! He flipped to another page in his own book calmly until his textbook was on the same page as Vince's. "You're on this chapter?" He asked, glancing down at the page. It'd been over a year since he covered this material - he was in AP classes - but he thought he still knew it.
As he tried to explain the combination of numbers and letters in the math textbook, he wondered what exactly went on in Vince's head. What thoughts filled his waking hours? Probably new ways to torment people. The thought made Adrian cringe, so he focused on the book again.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:05 pm

Vince seemed to try surprisingly hard to concentrate and understand once Adrian started explaining. Well, he seemed to be trying hard compared to his usual caveman-like behaviour, anyway. He didn't show any violent, or make any rude remarks. He just listened - frowning and gnawing on his pencil as he made another attempt at the difficult sums.
He seemed to have declared an unspoken truce.
Finally, Vince reached the end of the sum he was working on... And his answer was different to Adrian's.
"F*ck!" He exclaimed angrily, "I just can't get this! How the Hell is it possible to solve for 'X' when there's a 'Y' in the equation as well, huh? Screw this. Maybe I should just drop to lit..." He sighed dramatically, and slumped back in his chair, clutching his aching head.
The weird thing was, he was really making an effort.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:16 pm

Adrian sighed as he listened to Vince's rambling. But he knew that the boy was trying and was glad he wasn't being all that violent right now. It could be a lot worse. He reached over to take Vince's paper - being careful not to come in contact and give the boy any reason to yell - and examine it. He ran his eyes over the other boy's messy handwriting as he tried to make sense of all the numbers. Carefully, he compared it to the paper he'd written. His eyes darted back and forth between the two equations, trying to see the difference.
"Here, you just made a simple math error." Adrian assure Vince. "You added a positive 2 instead of a negative..." He trailed off as he examined the rest of his work. "Just change that, and you should get the right answer."
He smiled supportively.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:30 pm

"You're too good at this crap." Vince complained as he took the paper back from Adrian, and redid the sum. This time, he got the correct answer. But contrary to his usual self-obsessed ways, he wasted no time on celebration. He merely flipped a few pages to the next thing he was struggling with.
"Right, so I think I've got the hang of simultaneous equations now... But these quadratic inequalities have thrown me completely. Seriously, the book might as well be written in Greek for all the sense it makes to me." He grumbled irritably for a moment, frowning in concentration at the complex sums.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:38 pm

[[You're using big math words. I know about quadratic equations though I'm lost at inequalities. Sorry xP But I know about quadratic equations, so I'm guessing inequlities are the same thing minus the equal sign?]]

Adrian chuckled before he could stop himself, and winced afterword. He was sure to be hit now. He glanced down at the book warily as he remembered the different letters and numbers. He tried to think of how he could explain it to Vince in a way that would make sense. He liked football, right? So he tried to recall everything he knew about football - which wasn't much.
"How do you remember a game plan?" He asked suddenly. "How do you label different people when you're drawing out the play? Because I'm sure you don't have enough room to write everyone's names, right?" He assumed cautiously.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:50 pm

((Sorry. XD I'm having a 'Look at me, I'm a smart Polo' day, because I didn't fail my maths exams. Wink *Smug smirk* I got 71% for Paper 2, and paper 2 was Trig. Trig is a biatch. XD Haha!

Well, now you're using football words, so touche. XD *Snickers* Tis a good challenge for both of us. Wink ))

When Adrian chuckled, Vince let an amused smile lift his lips automatically - seeming to forget to be a jerk, somewhat, now that he had nothing to prove. He was concentrating too hard on what he was doing to remember who he was doing it with...
"A game plan...?" Vince repeated, frowning in confusion. "What does this have to do with football?" He shook his head, then shrugged and answered, "I number them. But seriously - where are you going with this? I just want to get this stupid maths done so I can go home."

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:48 am

[[Hahaha, although I think I would die if I ever got a 71 Razz I'm kind of a nerd...
I got salutatorian for my 8th grade year...
*twitches* *hates coming in second* *curses competitivity*]]

Adrian sighed. "So think of these letters as a a label for the real numbers. Like how you use numbers for people's names." He sighed and wracked his brain for anything else he could use to explain - finding nothing. So he shrugged and went back to his old way of explaining.
"If 'a' stands for 2, you just substitue the number in and..." He went on to explain the res of the problem hoping to God Vince would get it because his creator sure didn't.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:16 pm

((Woop woop!!! Very Happy That is awesome, congrats!! Smile *Glomps*

When I was younger, I also would have freaked out getting anything lower than 80%. XD Haha! But as the work got harder, I eventually stopped caring. :/ I don't study. Never have, never will - so I figure as long as I'm passing, my marks don't matter. Razz Plus, I did skip the entire first term. Wink Considering that, I think I did okay. *Pats self on back*
And I got my English exams back today!!! Very Happy (English Exams = Happy Polo) 91% for Creative writing, 98% for Literature, even though I hadn't done any of the poems in class - had to look them up online. And I had to read and comprehend half of Macbeth on my own... Razz
And then I got 100% for Grammar. XD Needless to say, I am one pleased Polo. Wink *Smug smirk*
Sorry for the bragging, but as a fellow nerd I'm sure you understand. XD ))

"Oh..." Vince murmured, scratching his head uncertainly. "Right... Okay! I think I've got it!" The faintest hint of pride entered his expression, and his lips twitched upwards slightly as he picked up his pencil and attempted the next sum. "So for this one, I multiply by the LCD, and then..." He trailed off, muttering quietly to himself as he worked through the sum for a frown of concentration.
Finally, he got to the end - then checked his answer against Adrian's, and was delighted to find that it was the same!
"Aha!" He exclaimed gleefully, letting a grin split his face - which was rare for him. He generally liked to come across as the 'doom n' gloom' sort, unless he was hurting somebody, of course.
"I get this now." He concluded, rearranging his features into a neutral expression and nodding briefly to Adrian.
"Thanks."

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:38 pm

[[Bahaha sorry to say, I hope I don't turn out like that xD]]

Adrian chuckled. "I like this side of you more than the 'respect me or I'll beat your ass' side. Not in that way." He rolled his eyes and concentrated back on his book, working to solve the next problem, mildly embarassed.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:52 pm

((LMAO!! XD Don't worry - unless you're a lazy slacker, you won't. Wink I bunk at least one day a week after all... Razz *Snickers* I am a pro when it comes to slacking. Twisted Evil ))

Vince grunted in annoyance at Adrian's comment, the muscles in his jaw tightening. He had been hoping that Adrian wouldn't notice the change in his personality. Then again... Who wouldn't?
He wasn't complex enough to be two people at once, though. He was Vince, and Vince was king - that meant that his only choice in the situation was to remind Adrian of this fact.
Honestly, the other boy had helped him - and Vince didn't want to mess with him. But with his reputation at stake, he didn't see any other choice.
"There is no 'different side' to me, you got that punk?!" He snapped viciously - his hand darting out toward Adrian, and his fingers closing around the boy's throat. He tightened his grip, then raised his arm, lifting Adrian's weight slightly, and stretching him upwards from the neck.
"YOU GOT THAT?!" He repeated angrily, tightening his grip further still.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:00 pm

[[Bahahaha and I'm sorry I'm sucking right now Razz]]

Adrian groaned when Vince started yelling about how he didn't have a 'different side'. He'd honestly hoped the other boy wouldn't notice it, or wouldn't give a damn about what he thought. The groan turned to a desperate squeak as the other boy pulled him up by the throat. It seemed like the torment would follow him everywhere. He squeezed his eyes shut as he tried to inhale, his hands grasping at everything they could, trying to get away. Finally when he thought he could take it no more, he closed his eyes, feeling very light headed. His arms fell limply to his sides and his tongue lolled out. With that, he fell unconscious.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:04 pm

((Nah, you're not being too suckish. Wink Hehe! ))

When he felt Adrian go limp in his hand, Vince quickly dropped the other boy, jerking his hand away as though burned. When Adrian crumpled into a heap on the floor, Vince panicked. He swore, then scrambled to his feet and staggered backwards, raking his hands through his hair.
He hadn't meant to go that far...
"Damn..." He muttered, glancing left and right for some idea of what to do, but finding none.
"Come on, fag-boy..." He growled in a weakly threatening tone, prodding Adrian with his toe.
"Wake up... Come on!"

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:13 pm

[[Hahaha gee, thanks xD In my defense, I'm multitasking on the Butai high response.]]

Adrian twitched, wondering where the hell he was. The last thing he remembered was... well, he didn't remember anything. Why was that? That scared him a lot. As he inhaled deeply, he found that he still remembered how to make his body function - which was good. He wasn't sure what he would do if he couldn't. Which was funny, because if he couldn't make himself move, how could he help himself?
Very reassuring, his mind muttered to him.
Shut up.
With a groan, he cracked open one eye and then another. He saw a large boy looming over him, and was immediatly perplexed. Who was he? Why was he here?
"Who are you?" He muttered, his voice hoarse from the time he spent knocked out. A bit disgruntled, he moved one arm and then another, and sat up. Glancing around the room, he wondered where he was - for the millionth time. "Where am I?"
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:20 pm

"What the Hell are you playing at?!" Vince shouted angrily - clearly scared by the implications of what Adrian had just said. "Don't you mess with me, homo! I swear I'll punch your face in!" He stormed toward Adrian with his lips pulled up in a violent snarl - fists clenched in preparation for a good beating.
Some voice in the back of his mind warned him that beating Adrian up would probably worsen the situation - but Adrian was scaring him, and he hated that.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:22 pm

Adrian arched an eyebrow coolly. "I see that. And what's with the insults? I know you're just like me." He stood up on shaky legs and grabbed his books. As he wobbled towards the door, he turned and glanced back, hoping for something to be familiar. But there was nothing. Only emptiness where there should have been recognition. He sighed and turned the knob on the door.

[[Hm, I'm think Adrian came back as a whole new person Very Happy]]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:27 pm

(( D: !!!!! Sad ... :'( ))

"What the Hell, man?!" Vince snapped, running after Adrian and shoving him roughly in the back. "You think this is funny? Huh? DO YOU?" He shoved him again - instinctively resorting to violence in order to shield himself from his guilt and fear. "What the f*ck is wrong with you?!"

((Sorry, now I'm sucking. XD ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:41 pm

[[Baha, he's still 'gay' xD]]

Adrian winced at the shove, but turned around calmly.
"I have no idea who you are, or what you've done to me, but I'm not going to take any crap from you." The words came out of Adrian's mouth smoothly in a new voice - one he didn't know he had. He stalked over, his posture and confidence making his tall frame seem to tower over the other boy. Roughly, he shoved the other boy into a desk. In awe, he flexed his long fingers in front of his own face and smiled. He liked himself.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:25 pm

((But I liked his old personality! *wails* ))

"You're freaking me out, man." Vince said quietly, sitting on the desk that Adrian had just shoved him into. "I'm serious - cut it out." Vince felt his hands ball into fists, and his jaw clenched in fury. This kid was pissing him off now. This was a bad prank... A very bad prank.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:30 pm

[[I didn't. Hmph. I'll see what I can do.]]

Adrian snorted. "I'm not playing. What did you do to me?" For all he knew this could be a huge experiment and he was being put here as a test... The thought intrigued him, but he didn't know why. All he knew was that he needed to get the mess straightened up quickly.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:35 pm

((Nah, I'll probably get used to the new one and like it even more. Wink Hehe! ))

"F*ck off." Vince said simply, getting to his feet and bashing Adrian's shoulder roughly as he passed. "I'm not taking this crap."
He picked up his bag, slung it over his shoulder, and stalked out of the classroom - stomping grumpily down the passageway. He was confused, and that made him feel weak, which made him feel angry...

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:41 pm

Adrian narrowed his eyes at the retreating form of the boy. Something twitched in his heart, and he felt the overwhelming urge to run and tackle the guy to the ground and beat him senseless.
And he indulged.
With a savage yell, he leapt forward and charged at the other boy, knocking him to the floor. He raised his fist to punch the guy in the jaw and he did exactly that. As his fist flew down, he noted in he felt a deep satisfaction.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next