Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Polo and Scatty-Batty-Catty

2 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Polo and Scatty-Batty-Catty - Page 4 Empty Re: Polo and Scatty-Batty-Catty

Post  Batcat Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:37 am

[[Pfft, fine xP]]

Adrian quietly shut the door and turned to face the larger boy that was already seated. He crossed his arms over his chest and looked around the moment - looking imposing - before sitting down across from Vince.
"What are we working on today?"
Batcat
Batcat

http://christmas-khaleesi.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:08 pm

((*Irks* Razz ))

"You tell me..." Vince muttered in response - a predictable bitter edge to his voice. Clearly, he was not happy to be here again. He had been specifically trying to avoid Adrian until now...
Sighing slightly, Vince made a vague effort to be a little more accommodating. This boy had helped him a lot last time, after all..
"This trig stuff." He sighed, flipping open his book. "How the Hell am I supposed to know which is the adjacent side of the triangle, and which is the opposite? It makes no friggin' sense. If I wanted to study triangles, I woulda gone to Egypt and built a pyramid."
He folded his arms, and glared irritably at the book - as though it was to blame for his awful sense of humour.
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:26 pm

[[Oh, it's not you, Polo. It's someone else who is irking me. o.-]]

Adrian chuckled. "I agree with you, although I wouldn't build a pyramid. Thos things take a lot of work." He rolled his eyes and sat down, pulling the book toward him. He read the page to refresh his memory and nodded, beginning to explain it.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:48 pm

((O.o *Offers de-irk-ifying cookie* ))

"It can't possibly be any worse than doing this stuff..." Vince replied with a faintly amused snort. It was strange... He was starting to treat this new, improved Adrian almost like... An equal?
He listened intently to Adrian's explanation, then tried the sums again... And still got half of them wrong.
He didn't give up right away, though, like he usually did. Instead, he took a deep breath to calm himself, and started again.
Eventually, there was only one left that he couldn't get.
"Can you just show me this one... Please?" Vince asked - clearly making some sort of futile attempt to treat Adrian somewhat better than he had in the past.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:05 am

[[*eats cookie* *chokes*]]

Adrian snorted. "Right. Not at all." He replied sarcastically. As Vince set to work, he contented himself with watching the other boy's progress. He was doing good. Up until the last one. He frowned and looked at his own answer and then Vince's.
"Itt looks like you did everything right..." He murmured. He stood up and moved over to Vince's side of the table, kneeling down next to him. His eyes flew over both of the papers, double checking it. A bemused smile spread across his face.
"You got it right Vince. I got it wrong."
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:23 am

((*Panics* *Attacks* *Glomps* *attempts to unchoke* XD
*Offers de-choke-ifying cookie* :3

D'aaaaw, that was so sweet. XD Not sure why... But it's made me grin very stoopidly. I love you ))

Vince glanced down at Adrian, watching the top of the boy's head as he went over the two sums. There was a little frown of concentration on his face, and the sight of it brought an unwelcome flutter to the pit of his stomach.
Vince gulped, and averted his gaze, telling himself - unsuccessfully - that he had imagined it.
This was all wrong... He wasn't supposed to have these feelings. Not for another boy... He felt bewildered and confused - but as always, he cast these emotions aside - trading them in for anger and aggression. Only this time, he didn't quite manage. He felt awkward and frightened, like a child attending his first day of school.
He couldn't deny it - there was something about Adrian... Something that caused him to feel things that he feared he ought not to have felt.
"You got it right Vince. I got it wrong."
Adrian's words sounded as though from a distance, and Vince - still in his trance-like state - took a moment to comprehend them.
"Huh?" He grunted stupidly - staring blankly at Adrian. Then, comprehension seemed to dawn on him.
"What...? I did? Really?" His eyes widened, and he blinked in surprise - a slightly pleased smile tweaking the corners of his lips. "I guess I've got it, now..." His smile widened, and Vince seemed honestly happy and excited - somewhat uncharacteristic for him.
"It's thanks to my great teacher!" Vince laughed - his smile splitting into a grin now as he slapped Adrian affectionately on the back.
Even the simple, friendly gesture sent a feeling like electricity sparking through him, and Vince gulped slightly - then calmed himself, sobering quickly into his usual calm, surly state.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:47 am

[[*dies*

And what was?]]

Adrian rolled his eyes and blushed. "You're right. It is all thanks to me, eh?" He chuckled at the slap, but he didn't feel anything unusual. Just a simple gesture of affection was all it was. Nothing special.

[[Sorry I'm not typing a lot - on my Nook, veyr hard to type on.]]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:53 am

((*Dies* Noooo, you can't die! XD

The fact that Vince got it right and Adrian got it wrong. Razz Tis sweet. Wink ))

"It sure is." Vince agreed, offering a subtle smile, but trying not to let himself get too cheerful, for fear some unwelcome emotion might accost him again. "Hey, Adrian... Thanks. Really." He glanced at the boy, and smiled a second time. From his expression, it was clear that he was being honest. He was really, truly grateful.

((No worries. :3 As long as I get to RP, I'm happy.
... But what's a Nook? XD ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:17 am

[[*dies* Polo dun die D:]]

Adrian laughed. "You're welcome. Really." He winked and moved back to his side of the table, looking at the chemistry book. Vince was acting really strange - not that he didn't like this behaviour, but something was... different. He sighed and quickly scanned the page, taking in the words like a sponge.

[[An electronic book Very Happy With internet. ]]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:27 am

Vince chuckled slightly in response to Adrian's wink - fruitlessly attempting to convince himself that the other boy had not looked absolutely gorgeous when he winked like that...
He watched for a moment as Adrian studied his chemistry. Chemistry... That could pretty much describe what he felt. But he shouldn't- He couldn't-
With a strained expression, Vince shuddered slightly, then took out another of his books - English - and began silently working through his homework.
He didn't know what to do any more... And he hated feeling so confused.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:30 am

"You're funny." Adrian murmured to himself as he watched the play of emotions flit across Vince's face. First denial. Obviously in repsonse to the wink. It had been a test, and the other boy had reacted perfectly. He was now 99% sure that Vince was gay and denying it. Then disgust. Because he was looking at another boy like that. Adrian nodded to himself, remembering how he felt when this happened to him.
Then just plin confusion.
Probably the worst emotion to feel.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:45 am

"Why's that?" Vince muttered absentmindedly - pretending to be distracted by his homework, though in reality he was hanging on Adrian's every word.
"You're funny..." What the Hell was that supposed to mean? He hadn't made a joke.
Adrian couldn't know, could he...? Actually, he might - but Vince wasn't willing to accept that. He couldn't handle being found out, even by the boy he had recently realised he had long since nurtured a soft spot for. Especially by him...

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:48 am

Adrian glanced up, surprised Vince had heard him. "You're funny. As in, you're complex. I think there's more to you than a stupid, homophobic jock." He was still writing, like all of the words coming out of his mouth were just absentminded and didn't mean anything. But he was really watching for Vince's reaction. "You're also very easy to read." He looked up there, a smirk playing on his lips.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:55 am

Vince glanced up and raised an eyebrow at Adrian's response, letting out a derisive snort. "Well, that's sure good to know." He replied sarcastically, rolling his eyes. Then, Adrian said something else - which caused Vince's heart to leap into his throat. "You're also very easy to read." Adrian looked up and smirked at him, and Vince slowly sat up - straightening his back and squaring his shoulders in a threatening fashion. "Rubbish." He snapped in response, instantly becoming defensive. "I just don't bother disguising everything I think as something else like the rest of you lot." He rolled his eyes irritably, then returned to his homework - writing furiously, and watching unseeingly as a thick load of nonsense ran from his pen.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:58 am

Adraian laughed. "I'm just messing with you man." But the serious look in his eyes told Vince that he wasn't. That he knew. But he went back to work and didn't push the issue. Mostly because he didn't Vince to go all loco on him like before. And he did have a lot of homework to do.... He soon filled up a couple of pages of notes on the chemistry chapter they were working on and leanedback, cracking his knuckles in a satisfied fashion.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:18 pm

"Well, good." Vince grumbled in response, fixing a grudgingly amused expression on his face.
But he caught the look in Adrian's eyes, and this he met with a subtle yet challenging glare.
You're wrong. He thought silently, There's no way in Hell I'm like you...
When Adrian looked away, Vince let his gaze linger on him a while - then he returned to his own homework. After crossing out a few nonsensical lines, Vince was able to finish up pretty quickly.
Calmer now, he cracked his sore fingers, then glanced toward Adrian.
"You know, you're not as bad as I thought." He pointed out through a yawn, "You're a decent bloke, really. It kinda makes me feel bad for messing with you all this time..."

Last edited by Polo loves its friends on Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:22 pm

[[Bruce? That's Ria, not Adrian.]]

Adrian rolled his eyes. "I don't really care. You don't really mess with me anymore." He sighed and looked at the clock. They had gone a half hour over their scheduledtime frame. He yawned and stood up, looking out the window. It was getting dark out. "We should go." He said, looking pointedly at the door.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:36 pm

((My bad. XD They sound so similar. o_0 ))

Vince offered a brief nod and a tight smile in response - then he followed Adrian's gaze to the clock, and his heart sank slightly. This caused him to feel a flash of annoyance - since he shouldn't have been disappointed that his time with Adrian was up. He should have been relieved!
"We should go." Adrian said, and Vince swallowed thickly.
"Wait-" He murmured - his voice somewhat different to usual, hesitant and timid.
"I-"
What are you doing?!
"I just-"
Don't do it. Don't you dare do it!
Vince changed tact at the speed of light.
"I just, uh... Wanted to say thanks again. You know... For the maths?" He finished lamely, scratching the back of his head with an awkward chuckle, then dropping his gaze.
Never before had he wished quite so much for a dark hole to swallow him up.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:40 pm

[[Haha, that they do.]]

Adrian nodded. "Yes?" Maybe Vince really was going to come out of the closet and admit it. It wouldn't change the way he felt about him, but still. It would be nice knowing he wasn't alone. In that sense at least.
But then he made up a lame 'thank-you-for-the-help'. It was clear he hadn't originally been planning on saying that, but Adrian went along with it for the poor boy's sake.
"Welcome." He opened the door and nodded at Vince to go first.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:49 pm

Vince relaxed slightly when Adrian accepted his lame excuse. He had tact, at least...
When he walked through the door, it was a mark of how distressed he was that he didn't make some lame 'ladies first' jab, or a stupid comment about Adrian perving on his ass, as he might usually have done.
Instead, he just mumbled a quick word of farewell, then darted for home.

((Now I need a new idea... O.o Help? XD ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:56 pm

[[Hm, meeting with principal? Like a check up?]]

The next day at school, Adrian cautiously approached the principal's office. He didn't know why he was there. Maybe he did something a couple weeks ago and was getting called back there because of that. If that was the case, then he was screwed.
Comforting, he told himself.
As he looked in, he noticed Vince and he relaxed a little. So it was probably about their tutoring or something. He picked at a piece of paper from the green binder he was holding, then went in and sat a couple chairs down from Vince.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:37 pm

((Woop. Very Happy ))

Vince glanced up when Adrian walked in, and smiled automatically. When the other boy sat a few seats down from him, Vince stood unexpectedly, and walked over to him. He turfed a year eight boy out of the seat beside him, and sat down.
"Yo." He greeted him, a somewhat pleasant expression on his face, though it was not quite a smile.
"What're you in for?" He asked conversationally, "I'm actually not sure, for once. I haven't been wreaking much havoc lately." He shrugged vaguely, then considered Adrian curiously. It seemed he was no longer opposed to treating Adrian like a human being in public. This was rather an improvement for Vince...

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:03 pm

Adrian shrugged. "Don't know, actually. I'm really hoping I didn't do anything before, or else I'm screwed." He chuckled and leaned back in his chair, letting his legs stretch out before him. A pretty girl with a large butt passed by, and he absentmindedly watched her leave, eyes trailing after.
Just then the prinicpal came out. "Adrian, Vince?"
Reluctantly, Adrian stood up an pulled his eyes away from the girl. He followed the old man into the office, not bothering to hold the door for Vince.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:16 pm

((Don't you dare straighten him. XD *Pokepoke* ))

Vince followed Adrian's gaze - and found his eyes trailing the movements of an undeniably hot girl. He let his eyes linger on her round behind until it vanished around the corner, then he elbowed Adrian in the ribs. "You've got good taste, for a gay guy." He taunted, though he offered a friendly wink - then stood and followed the other boy into the principal's office - taking a seat beside him again.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:50 pm

[[Awww. Fineeee. Can he be like, bi? xD]]

Adrian rolled his eyes before muttering, "So do you." Good thing Hayden didn't hear, or he would've asked about that.
"Do you two know why you've been called in today?"
Adrian shook his head. "No."
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next