Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deshy, Polo and thier army of evil kittys

2 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Deshy, Polo and thier army of evil kittys  - Page 5 Empty Re: Deshy, Polo and thier army of evil kittys

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:36 pm

Laiko frowned slightly at Elora's question, poking around his own mind for the answer. What was it like not having parents...? Well, what was it like having parents? He knew no differently, so for him it was simply normal. Lots of kids went to boarding schools... The only difference was that he had nowhere else to go home to. It wasn't that big of a deal, really... As he was about to speak these words, Elora began apologising, and Laiko raised his eyebrows in surprise, watching her with a bemused expression. She couldn't honestly think her 'probing' would upset him, could she? More importantly, what made her think she didn't have a right to know about his life? Well, as much as he could remember about it anyway... He had no secrets that he held dear to him. She was his friend, and a close one at that. Of course she had a right to know everything he could tell her, if she wanted to. He was about to object to her apology, but before he had a chance, she had excused herself and walked off to the bathroom. He frowned, watching her leave with a befuddled expression. Something didn't feel right about this... For a moment, Laiko simply sat on the bed and fidgeted anxiously, but then a soft thudding caught his attention, and he jerked his head up, staring toward the bathroom door like a dog after it has caught a scent. Finally, his suspicion got the better of him, and Laiko crept toward the door, pausing to listen outside. His ears caught the muffled rustlings of muttered whispers punctuating the thudding, and it did not take a genius to work out what was going on. Clenching his jaw in protective fury, Laiko threw the door open and flung himself into the room, instantly grabbing Elora's wrist in a firm grip to stop her. Yet somehow, even when his actions were rough, Laiko was always gentle. Though his snatch for her wrist was harsh and abrupt, his fingers closed over her warm skin with a careful tenderness that insured she would not be hurt. "Elora! What-" Laiko began, his tone holding a complex mixture of protective anger, sympathy, despair, disbelief, panic, confusion and goodness knows what else. He broke off as he heard a sound outside. He glanced toward the window, his grip on Elora's wrist slackening as he found himself distracted. He glanced briefly back at her, his usually cheerful features creasing into a sorrowful frown that showed the full extent of his worry for her... And the full extent of his hurt - which seemed extraordinarily like the most pain he could ever remember feeling. He shook his head and turned his attention back to the window, walking toward it. He bit his tongue to stay silent as he watched the happenings outside - only half seeing them, for his mind was so preoccupied with thoughts of Elora. After all he had said to her... Why had she done it? He didn't understand... Was it his fault? Probably. Even if it wasn't - it was his fault for not being able to stop her... Now she was hurt - and he could never undo that. He couldn't stand to see her hurt. He couldn't stand it! But why, why did she do it?! He didn't understand... Only he dared not ask, for fear of upsetting her further still. Why didn't she let him help her...? He felt worthless and helpless having to sit aside and do nothing as she slowly destroyed himself. Okay, so he ought not to care so much, seeing as he hadn't known her that long... But he did care, as Elora had fast become, hands down, the most important person in his life. He couldn't let any harm befall her... He simply couldn't. Yet he couldn't stop harm from befalling her, so where did that leave him...? Laiko rapidly shook aside his thoughts as a bullet sung out through the air. He gasped softly as he saw his own victim's limp form being dragged into the car, and he felt an uncharacteristic flash of anger. Nobody deserved to die! Not just like that... Not taken down like a sitting duck... Laiko clenched his jaw and attempted to calm himself for a moment, but now that the anger had taken him, he could no escape it. Anger... It felt foreign and strange issuing from his own soul. He couldn't remember ever having felt it before... Yet now it bubbled up, boiling and powerful, and he couldn't contain it. It possessed him. Without a second thought, Laiko wrenched the window open. Seeming perfectly calm, yet silently seething with fury, Laiko leaped from the windowsill. The cool night air stung against his cheeks as he plummeted downwards, and suddenly Laiko was aware of the fact that he might just have done something extraordinarily stupid. Just as this thought entered his mind, which had become like an impenetrable bubble of anger, Laiko felt his wits return to him. In the space of a heartbeat, he snatched out his fingers to catch the edge of the windowsill. He ground his teeth against the pain at the force of the weight of his entire body jerking to a stop - all resting on that one arm, and stabbing pain through his injured shoulder muscles. Well aware that he wouldn't be able to hang on even another minute, Laiko, pushed off hard against the wall, and grabbed a branch of a large tree just outside the window. He dropped down from there, hitting the ground in a roll from his shoulder to break his fall. He moved from there directly into a sprint, scaled the gate in a single leap, and dashed out into the road after the men and their victim - who had been unable to defend himself because of him, Laiko. He was too late. As his feet carried him into the center of the street, Laiko's eyes met the sorrowful sight of the sleek black car vanishing around a corner to be lost from sight. Laiko stared blindly after it, and an overwhelming sense of despair crashed over him. He felt a sudden desire to drop to his knees - to scream his lungs out and tear at his hair in frustration - but he cast every desire aside, as he was well aware that Elora might still be watching him from the window. Suddenly unsure as to what to do with himself, Laiko simply stared blindly at the spot where the car's headlights had disappeared - a single string of thought running through his mind: This was my fault.
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Deshy, Polo and thier army of evil kittys  - Page 5 Empty Re: Deshy, Polo and thier army of evil kittys

Post  Deshychan Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:54 pm

Astraia yanked her arm away from Laikos grip. What wa wrong with him! All she wanted to do was headbutt the wall, and he just wouldnt let her. And he had known what she was doing. It was like he was psycic of something or sort. She folded her arms across her chest. She pluncked herself on the toilet seat, a solul expression ruled her facial features. She was not all that found of Laiko and his... His annoying habits. She even felt like hitting him. She completely ignored him as he stared out the window, either trying to get her attention, or there really was something going on outside. Though she was going to ignore it. She was being stuborn.
Laiko either hated people being hurt or that he just didnt like her hurting hersefl. Though he hadnt even fought back when Niko had satrted on him. Maybe he just didnt agree with violence. Maybe that was good that he didnt, but then didnt he believe in self defence? he hadnt even tryed to defend himself when Niko literaly threw himself at him. He just took it and let him almost punch the daylights out of him. Laiko truely was a strange guy. Astraia had also noticed that he was too kind and lovey dovey with guys, though she hated to think it, she did. Maybe he was gay. But then again maybe she was just looking into things too much, like she always did. She sighed and let it all go.
Just as Astraia was about to talk to Laiko, he vanished out the window. She gasped and jumped to her feet, glaring out the window. Laiko held onto the windowsill and she stare him right in the eyes. A look of horror spread wide across her face. "wha..." she began to speak, but she got cut short, when Laiko pushed himself away from the wall and landed on the ground. She shyed away not wanting to look. Though she knew he would be okay. She glanced back out the window, to the spot he had fallen too, but there was nothing there. Panic suddenly raised deep inside, her chest came tight, a pain in her heart. She looked up in a panic rage to see him just up the road. Instantly she cocked her head to the side. what was he doing? did he know the poeple in the car? or was he just chaseing someone.
Astraia flicked around the room, not sure what to do. The all of a sudden she shot out the door, straight into the pile of boxes in her room. She went fliying and landed in the middle of the room, flat on her face. She roled over onto her back and sighed. She sat for a while, giggling to herself, when she thought of Laiko. She then sprang to her feet, dashed down the hall, ran down the stairs and went straight out the front door. She reached Laiko in a matter of minutes, catching her breath she stood by his side. "Your Insane" she spoke inbetween catching her breath.
Deshychan
Deshychan

http://viceroybutterfly.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:25 pm

Laiko continued to stare pointlessly down the road, as though the absence of the car was simply too much for his mind to comprehend. It was almost as though he hoped it had turned invisible, and he was patiently waiting for it to reappear so he could resume his chase. What else was he supposed to do...? That man had died without a fighting chance - all because of him. Okay, so maybe he had been planning on getting the man locked up anyway, since he had hurt Elora, but nobody deserved to die! And besides - why had they even killed him? Who were they? What connection did they have with him, or perhaps Elora? He just wished he could know... That somehow, all the answered could just be there. But they weren't... They never could be. He would have to find them for himself, somehow...

Next thing Laiko knew, Elora had appeared beside him - extremely out of breath from her headlong dash to where he stood. He slowly turned to glance at her, struggling to force his horror-struck features into a smile. It was not easy. Then Elora found spare breath between gasps, and she threw 2 simple words at him: You're insane! As the words sunk in, Laiko instantly found it easier to smile, and his lips curved willingly as a soft chuckle broke from his lips - yet his amusement did not quite extend to his eyes, which seemed to have dulled in colour slightly from his despair. Trust Elora to know exactly what to say to make him feel immediately better. It was just as well... He wasn't really used to feeling anything but happy, and these new emotions were confusing him beyond belief.
"Maybe you're right." Laiko admitted with a slightly forced grin, responding to Elora's comment. "But it doesn't matter now, does it...?" He added in a more subdued tone, glancing away as he felt the grin slide from his face like a raindrop down a window - hopelessness returning in full blast. "They got away," he went on, "And that guy is dead... Because of me."
That admission sent a shudder running through the length of Laiko's body, and he gulped nervously before dropping his gaze to the road, staring at the dark tarmac and the area of it ignited by the soft orange light of the street lamp. He could feel every muscle in his body tense and trembling, like he could not remember ever having felt them before, yet if he so much as tried to make them relax - the trembling only intensified. He wasn't used to feeling like this... So guilty, so helpless, so insecure that it sickened him. A cold sweat was beading on his brow now and turning his shaking palms clammy, and Laiko avoided Elora's gaze more determinedly than ever. He wasn't used to all this... He didn't know how to deal with it. Elora could not see him like this, because he would not burden her with his problems. She had more than enough of her own, he had barely any. He would just hide behind a mask for as long as it took to ensure that she would have no inkling of the despair he felt - and thus feel no inclination to try to cheer him up. She was not obliged to. He didn't want her to put herself out for him... Not ever...
"Oh, Elora..." Laiko murmured suddenly, glancing up at her with an apologetic gaze. "I- I'm sorry... About before. I didn't mean to upset you - honestly I didn't. That's the last thing I'd want... I just can't stand to see you hurt." A slight tremor entered Laiko's voice at the last word, but he ignored it, and managed to force a tiny smile as he met her eyes - almost scared to see her reaction. Would she forgive him...?

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:18 pm

Astraia watxhed him, a worried expression struck along her face. Laiko was acting strange. Though he did show some of his usual self, when she had called him insane, He had found it quite amsusing. She smiled at his reaction, hoping that they could soon take it inside. The night was getting cold, goosebumps ran down her arms. "You need to watch what your doing, i almost followed you out the window. And that would have ended badly" She laughed slightly, being amused about her clumsyness and how easy it was for her to point it out on herself.
Astraia noticed the sudden change of heart in the atmosphere. Laikos face crumbled with dispare. She took a step closer, warmth radiating from his tall frame, inviting her closer. Without realising what she was doing, she took the final step towards Laiko. Astraia went to comfort him, but instead placed her hand on his arm, for she could not reach his shoulder. "Hey its alright, and i was just joking. Though you are still a little insane, you could have killed yourself" she looked up at him, puppy dog expression in her eyes. She followed his glare down into the road, into a pit of vast empty, blackness. She then glanced up at him again. "Not if you dont want it to" She spoke softly, not liking the tone Laiko had. He was normally happy and somehwat cheerfull, and right now it felt like they were mourning. Perhaps he was. But she didnt like it one bit. "Hey its not your fault, is it not good that they got away? they could have killed you Laiko. Perhaps them getting away is good" She sighed, and looked into the distance.
Silence. It speaks the loudest. She galnced down at her feet, when she felt herself trembling. Trembling?! now why was she doing that? She glanced up at Laiko. No, it wasnt her, but him. She laced a hand into his. Something was up with him. "Hey." she spoke softly, reached up to his face with her hand, -the best she could- gently she stroke his cheek and with her fingers attempted to make him look at her. "Hey, whats up? i dont like this, please your scaring me" She spoke and rested her head on his shoulder. She stood on tip toes to do so. She glanced down at the entwined hands in a daydream.
Suddenly she was broken by Laiko's words. She pulled away from him slightly, so she could glance up at him. A confused expression crossed her face. "Hey, theres no need for that. You didnt upset me. I upset myself, or rather felt stupid. I dont think you need worry about me at the moment, your practically an earthquake, your trembling that much." She gently tugged on his arm in an attempt ti move indoors. Though she enjoyed being olutside, it was getting rather chilly. She did not have a jacket to keep her warm and would rather go back indoors, into the warmth.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:22 pm

"Hm." Laiko replied simply to her words - obviously not paying attention. He gaze had travelled back to the spot that should have held the car, and he was staring aimlessly at it. Then he felt Elora's hand touch his arm, and Laiko jumped in surprise. He whipped his head around to face her - tension radiating from him - then seemed to calm slightly as he recognised Elora's face. His bright green eyes searched her face as she spoke - almost as though he was looking for something, but wasn't sure where to find it. "I didn't think." He explained simply. "It just happened... I-" He bit off his words in mid-speech, pausing to release a deep breath, then changing tact to conclude his reply. "I'm sorry if I startled you." He said simply, managing a slight smile. He let his attention wander again then, his thoughts drifting back to a time not so long ago... A time when one certain man had been alive - and not dead. Than man was someone's son... Someone's brother... How many lives would be ruined just by his carelessness? He had seen how grief could rip a person apart... And now he was at the root of it. How many hearts had he ripped apart, simply by forgetting to press a button. "Hey, it's not your fault..." Elora's thoughts instantly jerked Laiko back to reality, and he wheeled to face her. "Not my fault?!" He repeated with a snarl. He was so taken by surprise by his sudden flash of anger that he didn't even have a chance to fix a leash on it. He pushed away from Elora, shaking his head rapidly and shaking back. He regretted that instantly... Without the comforting closeness of her presence, his inexplicable suffering was multiplied tenfold. "Of course it's my fault!" He growled, the words leaping from his lips before he could stop them, "And if they had killed me - great! At least then I'd not be around to destroy any more li..." Laiko trailed off into silence as he realised what he was saying. Now that was insanity... Yet what scared him most, was that he honestly wasn't sure if he meant it or not. Was it not his obligation to die after causing a death...? What was death, anyway? The ultimate demise... Everybody's ultimate fear... But what was it? Ho could everything just be... Gone? The prospect was too vast for his mind to comprehend. What, then, had become of that poor man...? Was he simply gone? His existence denied? Or was there indeed the life after death that some people claimed there was... A sigh broke from his lips as he felt Elora's touch on his cheek. "You're right..." He murmured softly. "I'm sorry." He forced his face into a weak smile, squeezing her hand and glancing down at her. He held her gaze for a moment, then glanced away suddenly just as he realised he had been unconsciously drifting toward her. "I don't know what's wrong with me." He muttered, shaking his head. "I don't even know myself well enough to figure it out!" He added with a bitter bark of laughter, "And now you're the one who's having to suffer because of my shortcomings..." He murmured, speaking his thoughts almost without realising it. He gently removed his fingers from her grasp, then took her hand in both of his own and took a step back. Finally, he raised his bright green gaze to her face. "I think I should go." He said quietly. "This isn't fair to you. I need to get a grip." He stated firmly, dropping her hand and stepping back again. "Sorry... And thanks." He muttered, shaking his head and turning away from her - stepping off alone into the icy night.

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:42 pm

Astraia flinched away from his harsh, icy cold tone. She had no idea why he was acting so strange, what had overcome him? Why was he so angry? It wasnt like he had killed the guy with his bare hands, afterall he was protecting her, Had he killed him? Then the shot of the gun rang through her mind. No he had not killed the man. Others had. Though Laiko had caused the guy to be unconcious for a while, Maybe he had killed him. But they would never know that as his carcas had been removed and dragged away, all to be dumped inside a car and then would either end up ebing burried or thrown into a lake. The usual kind of places that murders liked to dump there bodies, thinking that they would never get caught. Stupid people, science always revailed the truth. You could never not leave evidence to yourself. You cant hide from the world of science and technology. So if Laiko had killed him, they would know, but since he didnt -atleast she didnt think- have a gun, then he would get away with it. Though he hadnt even killed him, what was she thinking! It wasnt Laikos fault, IT WASNT! her mind shouted over and over. Laiko was not a murderer, not the Laiko she knew. He hated her being hurt, and didnt seem to like others getting hurt either. He had but no murder bone in his system. He was a too kind person, too kind and caring it was just a little scary. She dear loved him for it though, she need him. He helped her be who she really was and not some imposter taking over her soul, like the others made her out to be. She could be herself around him and not care what others thought. She was happy when he was with her. If he left her she would fall into a thousand pieces.
Just then it all turn into a blood splatter of a mess. It happened so quickly, that if you blinked you would have missed it all. Laiko and her were talking together, quite cheerfully. He was in her grasp, close to her. Then it all vanished. She didnt even understand why he had let her go, she had been to engrossed in a daydream. And Laiko hadn't managed to break her silence. Untill he had vanished from her. Astraia stood limp and lifeless, her arm flopped to her side as he had released her. She wasnt ready for him to leave, not now, not ever. A pain became suddenly sharp in the left side of her chest. Laiko had left and taken apart of her with him, causing a wretched pain to strike across her chest. She couldnt live like this not again. This was too much for her to cope with. The pain came so strong it caused her mind to block itself from the real world. She collapsed on the floor, clutching at her chest and in the fetal possition, she lay lifeless on the cold, hard ground. The only movement coming from her, was the shaking of fear.
He was gone, and he wasnt coming back. Why did she always have to ruin everything good in her life? Why? was this her destiny? To be a failure? She had already failed her parents many times than once. Now she had failed at keeping Laiko her friend. If he didnt come back, she would not be able to deal with life. She'd be better of dead.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:16 pm

Laiko's footsteps echoed loudly in the still, chilly air. With each step he took, his destination seemed to get further and further away, as he had no idea where he even waned to go. It gave the illusion of walking on a treadmill - endlessly striding forward, but not actually getting anywhere at all. He was upset, and he was confused. So much had happened, and he just felt... Oh hell, but this was the problem! He didn't know what he felt! How could he? It was all so mixed up, so confusing... Why was he so upset? He was never, never upset! So why now? It wasn't as if he had killed the man with his own hands... It wasn't as if the man had been a close friend, or even an innocent person! He had attacked Elora, and threatened her life. So why on earth was he so upset?! He just didn't get it... None of it made sense. He just needed some time... Some space... A opportunity to think...
This thought calmed Laiko slightly, and he breathed a soft sigh. His hot breath escaped as a thick, opaque mist in the icy air, and Laiko saw in it the same clouded confusion he felt in his own mind. He shook his head, dismissing the pathetic thoughts, and at that moment he heard a dull thump from behind. Laiko froze instantly, every muscle in his body tensing in dread as he slowly turned to face whatever horror awaited his eyes. His breath caught in his throat. Elora had collapsed onto the ground, lying deathly still on the cold, hard tarmac and curled up defencelessly into the fetal position. Without a second thought, Laiko abandoned all distress and dashed over to her. He fell to his knees beside her - his haste such that he did not even break from his sprint first, and ended up skinning his knees on the sharp stones of the road. "Elora!" He gasped breathlessly, his bright green eyes darting over her still form. He reached out to touch her shoulder, but his hand halted halfway toward her, his fingers curling back upon themselves. He was scared to touch her. Something about this was like DejaVu... And somehow he was terrified that her skin would be ice-cold and lifeless beneath his touch. "E-Elora?" He stammered again, his voice cracking with the emotion he ha gradually been building up as he tried to hide it. Finally, he managed to reach forward, touching her shoulder lightly with his hand. heat flushed through him, accompanied by a sudden flash of hope as he noticed that she was still warm. Wait, what?! Of course she was warm! She wasn't dead. Why the hell would she be dead, fool?! Gosh, he had no idea where on earth his head was these days...
Shaking off his thoughts, Laiko gently curved his arms around Elora and scooped her up from the ground. He pulled her toward him, and the next thing he knew he was hugging her tightly - his arms locked around her and his chin resting on her shoulder.
He clutched her tightly - unwilling to let go - and before he knew it, he was shaking again. Shaking from the shock, from the fear of losing her, from the guilt of having done this to her... Everything. And then, before he knew it, he felt something damp trickling down his face, and his breath came in ragged gasps. He held Elora close for several long moments before he finally reached the conclusion that he was crying. The thought shocked him deeply, for he could not remember having cried before, and the shock dried his tears as suddenly as they had come. He was a mess, a complete mess, in the middle of a full-out emotional breakdown - and he didn't even understand why. How was that fair? He had barely learned to understand emotions, and now he was getting hit by a truckload of them!
A soft rustling sound reached Laiko's ears, and soon he recognised it as his own voice - whispering the same words over and over. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry..." They came with each breath, so soft he wasn't even sure if he meant her to hear them, yet so sincere that he might as well have been swearing his undying loyalty to the queen. Wow... Could he be a bigger mess? 'Emotional roller-coaster' pretty much summed it up...

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:44 am

Astraia's eyes were glazed over. The world infront of her nothing but a blur. She shivered uncontrolably, not from the cold but from shock and fear. She felt the warmth suddenly encroach her entire body. Laiko. No he had left, then who's warth was she in? She went into a paniced craze. He vision came back, clearer than ever. She slammed her hands on the persons shoulders and drew back. She pluncked herself on the ground, not to far from them. She looked up. Only to see Laiko. At that instant her heart raced and a small delicate smile touched her lips. But something was wrong, Laiko was acting strange. No he was crying,Crying!? what! why was he crying. She crawlled towards him on her knees, taking his face into her tiny hands. "Hey, whats up?" She looked deep into his mossy green eyes. Using her thumbs she wiped away his tears. "Wait, why am i doing this! You just tryed to leave me, and now im comforting, you!" At that she instantly pulled away from him and plunked herself onto the hard ground a little away from him, arms folded across her chest. She let out a small squeal of frustration. "I cant do this Laiko! Your either here or your not. I cant be doing with you just trying to take off like that. Your messing with my head. If you dont want to be here, Just leave and never come back!" She spoke harshly and then shoved her head into her hands, closing her eyes. Even though she knew she couldnt live without some form of Laiko in her life, maybe it would have been easier for her not to have met him. she would never had to of gone through all of this, he really was just a typical guy, they come and then they go, just like that. Like Niko had done to her once before, and ripped apart of her away, but it was nothing like what Laiko had caused her to go through. And if he did it again, there would be no part of her left. He had already caused her so many different emotions in a short space of time. But his kind soul was addictive, if you didnt have it, you craved his friendship, and when you did, you just ended up in a confusion of emotions.
"Im sorry Laiko, but i just cant deal with this. Goodbye, im going inside" and with that she stood and began walking away from him.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:05 am

Laiko slumped back as Elora shoved away from him, his breath catching in his throat as his dwindling tears threatened to reoccur. Then she moved toward him, and released the breath he had been holding as her hands touched his cheeks and her kind words soothed his fried nerves. He reached up toward her hands, and opened his mouth to speak, but before a single sound could escape, Elora was pulling away again, and this time her words were harsh. He felt the tears threaten to strike again, but this time he was prepared, and he caught them and held them in check. He was starting to learn to control the misery now. Thankfully, he learned fast, so with a bit of luck he'd have himself back in check pretty soon... However, just as he was getting a grip, her next words struck him and a spike of pain stabbed into his heat like a white-hot blade. He gasped at the unexpected sensation, his hand grabbing at his heart, then realised that the pain must be all in his head. Releasing a shuddering breath, Laiko let his hand drop, and glanced toward her - trembling violently in every fiber of his being. "Elora..." He murmured softly. "Elora, I-" But before he could even speak, she had launched into yet another tirade. Laiko instantly tensed - bracing himself - and readied his tender mind to hear what she had to say. Even so, he was not prepared for what came next. He froze, his eyes widening in shock and horror as her words washed over him. She was... Leaving him...? But wait - he didn't understand. Was she just going inside or was she... Going? Was he supposed to follow her? Was he supposed to run away...? He watched her with a stunned expression, unable to do anything beside shake and stare. Then, suddenly, his mind clicked back into action. He had to fix this! "Elora, wait!" He called, his voice stronger now. He leaped to his feet, wincing at the pain of his skinned knees, then raced toward her. He grabbed her arm - his grip soft and gentle. "Elora, what are you saying?" He asked softly, releasing her arm and stumbling back a step as shock and horror struck again. "I- I'd never leave... Surely you-? No. I'm not that guy - that much I know. I finish what I start, and since I believe friendship has no end, consider this my promise that I'll be around for as long as you'll have me." He vowed, his voice serious and somber. A slight tremor entered it, and the strength left his expression as he went on, "You don't understand." He murmured softly, shaking his head - his voice now cracked and trembling. "I never intended to leave you. I didn't! I just needed space... Time to think... I told you, didn't I? I don't know what's wrong with me... Why I'm acting like this..." His tears spilled over then, and he struggled to from his words properly. "If I go on like this, I'll end up hurting you. Look, I have already!" He exclaimed, his voice breaking and causing him to fall silent for a moment before he could manage to speak through his tears again. "Remember, I've only lived, what, 3 years of this life? I haven't learned to deal with all this yet. I don't know myself, not in the slightest. It's difficult... You must understand - I need this... Sometimes I need to just take a minute to figure it all out - to try to work out what I'm feeling and how to deal with it. I've never dealt with these emotions before, and I need to learn. I don't know what I'll do. I'm unpredictable, even to myself, so how can I trust myself to be around you when I don't know where I stand? I just..." He broke off then, his eyes on the ground, then he steadied his voice and glanced back up at Elora, meeting her eyes now. His bright green eyes were glassy, but the tears had stopped falling, and when he spoke again his voice was stronger. "Elora, I just can't risk hurting you. But rest assured, no matter what happens, unless you truly wish me to leave - I'll always come back to you." He held her gaze, his bright eyes sincere, then his voice shuddered again as he added, "I promise."

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:46 am

Astraia didnt even glance back to Laiko as he shouted her name. She dint want to leave him and never be friends with him, but if he was just going to mess her around, she would manage to find a way. Suddenly she felt a grip on her arm. She span round to face Laiko, looking a bit distrought. She rolled her eyes. Laiko spoke too much, she couldn't even get a word in edge way. She listened carfully to what he had to say, but acting like she wasnt intrested. At his last speech she had to bite her lip, he was hitting her deep, but she wasnt giving up that easily. She closed her eyes, and tilted her head to the ground. "Im sorry Laiko" she spoke softly and then glanced up into his handsome face. A tight feeling in her cheast became prominent. "I just cant deal with it. You didnt even tell me you needed space, I thought you were leaving" She sighed and turned her back on him, her words becoming harsher "Deal with you emotinal baggage and then come back to me, I dont need this in my life, Again. I have already suffered from it too much. I was just beginning to become happy and cheerfull again. And now all this happened, and i've gone back to being unhappy." She paused for a while and then began speaking again. "Laiko im sorry but i just cant deal with it." She sighed and turned back to him. "I have heard that before, and it just all went to pot. I trusted someone before, they said they wouldnt leave me, and they did. Im sorry but i have to go" She turned away and began walking away from him again.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:14 am

Laiko froze as Elora's words hit home, and he felt like a dagger was twisting in his heart. Never before had a person's words had such an effect on him... She was miserable, and it was all his fault. What had he done...? What should he do to make her happy? As long as she was happy, nothing else mattered, but then what could he do...? Deal with your emotional baggage. What exactly had she meant by that? Probably that she was sick and tired of him being such an emotional wreck... But that was why he had tried to get away and sort it out! He had told her! He- Wait... What exactly was he thinking? Had he actually, really just considered the possibility that this was Elora's fault? That was absurd! Ridiculous! He could not believe such a twisted thought had entered his mind. Geez... He really was pathetic. But he could ponder over that later. Right now, he had more pressing issues on his mind. He had to right what he had done wrong. Laiko straightened and brusquely brushed away his tears. No more emotional baggage. No more emotion at all. He had seen what effect it had on Elora, and how much she hated it... So, from now on, no matter what the cost, he would not show emotion. He could do it... He could learn - starting now. If his determination was strong enough, he would not fail. "Elora." He said softly, speaking to her back as she walked away, yet making no move to try to stop her. His voice was calm and level now, though there was something different. He seemed distant - hiding behind the newly formed mask he had fixed over his 'issues'. "I'm sorry." He went on quietly, his voice hardly showing any expression at all - simply remaining calm and steady, his tone unchanging. "I think I understand now, and I'm sorry for what I've done." He lowered his head as the words left his lips, then he turned away - finally coming to the conclusion that Elora would honestly prefer it if he just left her alone as he had originally intended. "But so you know..." He murmured softly, his voice so quiet he wasn't even sure she's hear his parting words. "You could have trusted me." If you'd given me the chance. He finished his sentence silently in his mind, then took his first step away from her. Pain lunged savagely at his beating heart, and he could have sworn he felt it falter. Why did it hurt so much? He didn't understand, after all...

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:07 am

Astraia walked back to the house in silence. Ahh silence, the thing she hated most. She felt for her headphones, but nothing was there. She began to freak out. She didnt have a book in her hand, and she didnt even have her headphones. She almost fell over in a baffled, confused panic. She never went anywhere without her truste books and headphones. What was becoming of her?! And then she remembered, him, Liako, the one who had made her happy, the one who she could talk to and not be an alien in her body's shell. Laiko, she sighed. The one who she dearly cared for, her best friend, though it wasnt much so as she barely knew him, but it still felt like ages. This was not right, she had just ruined something good in her life, for once. He was not like the typical guy, though it did seem, that since she had met him, she had come into more danger. Though maybe it was just a wrong place at the wrong time kinda thing. She could think it was Laikos fault she had been attacked, could she? No she couldn't. Anyway Laiko would never let her get hurt, and he ahd proved that. He hated her being hurt. But right now she was hurt, deep and painful. They had been friends , and just like that she had caused them to not be freinds anymore. Potentially she would never see him again. Suddenly a harsh pain shot across her chest, tight and a stabbing feeling. He had taken a piece of her away with him. The happy part of her was gone. Tears began to stream down her face, silent sobs she cryed. She soon reached her door. she placed he hand on the handle, paused and then walked in. Slamming the door behind her she went flying up the stairs and into her room, also slamming that door. Astraia jumped up onto her bed and lay face down, crying, silently.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:24 am

Laiko continued to walk away from Elora, though when he heard the door click shut behind her as she vanished back inside, he froze. That sound had hurt. He shook his head, reminding himself not to show emotion, and attempted to take another step, but his legs wouldn't budge. In the end, he only succeeded on peering back over his should in the direction Elora had gone, wishing that none of this had ever happened... That he had never jumped out of that window in the first place... The window. Laiko's gaze flickered toward it, and he stared at the open bathroom window for a moment, watching the curtains wave around softly in the cool night breeze. Then the direction of the breeze shifted, and it blasted cold air into his face, as well as carrying a hint of sound to his sensitive ears. Yes, from that open window came the distant sounds of muffled sobs - he was sure of it. Elora... Laiko bit down on his lip, instantly drawing blood as the partially healed wounds from before cracked open. He licked it away irritably and released his lip, staring up at the window. At first, he simply felt a sinking sense of despair and regret, but then a sudden thought struck him: Elora was crying. That meant she was upset... Sad... So did that mean, perhaps, that she didn't want him to leave after all? Had she perhaps not meant her words? He hardly dared to believe it, yet here it was before him, clear as day. Look how upset she had been when she first thought he was leaving! Sure, things had got a little bumpy after that, but emotions could confuse anybody, and maybe she hadn't really meant it when she had sent him away... What if she actually still wanted... Still needed his company and the friendship that came with it, but just couldn't admit it - even to herself? Well - whether she loved him or loathed him, he was not the type of guy who could walk away knowing that he had left his friend in tears. Perhaps she would hate him for this, but he had to try.
Turning around, Laiko walked back toward the house with determined steps. He vaulted effortlessly over the gate, then broke into a jog as he headed toward the very same tree he had used to lessen the height of his fall when he had leaped from the window. Increasing his speed, Laiko leaped at it, and grabbed a low-hanging branch. He swung himself up with athletic ease, then crouched upon the branch and crept forward with cat-like balance. How or why he had learned all this stuff... He longed to know, but perhaps it was best that he didn't. Chuckling softly to himself, Laiko tensed his muscles in preparation, then leaped toward the wall. The breath was knocked out of him as he hit it, but he hooked his fingertips into one of the slight crevices between the bricks. The skin was soon ripped away from them as he hauled himself up the final distance to the window-sill. Laiko crouched there for a moment to get his balance, then dropped silently into the room. He dusted his bloodied hands against his jeans, then walked across the bathroom, tapping his knuckles softly against the open door before entering her main bedroom.
He walked over to the bed and sat down beside her, placing a comforting hand on her back. "The lady doth protest too much, methinks." He teased quietly, his lips flickering into a smile. "If you were going to be this upset after sending me away, then why do it?" He asked with a soft chuckle, "Or had you guessed before I that I'd not be able to leave you on such bitter terms?" Laiko watched her with a gentle smile, awaiting her reaction, his hand still resting on her back to transmit the warmth of his touch, and the intended warmth in his words. If he was hurt, he showed no inkling of it. If he was upset, he hid it well, for his gaze was as kind and compassionate as ever - and his face as free and content as when she had met him - as though his entire breakdown had never happened. It seemed he had righted himself completely, but the question was, had he righted the suffering of his soul, or just that of his shell?

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:53 pm

Astraia gasp as she felt the bed jossle beside her. Someone had come into her room, silently. Unless she was crying so hard that she didnt here them come in. When they spoke she jumped out her skin, rolling over. Though she rolled a little to far and ended up on the ground with a thump. "Ouch!" She excaliamed as she had hit the ground pretty hard. She rubbed the back of her head, still lying on the ground. She sat for a while in silence, rubbing at the back of her head, and then soon began chuckling away to herself. The person in her room had spoke, but she was falling of the bed when they were doing so, and never caught a word of it. "God im so stupid" She spoke to herself, forgetting that she had a visitor. Suddenly she then realised, and covered her hand over her mouth. 'Oops' she mentaly added. She shook her clumsy accident away, wiped her face from tear streaks and then spoke. "Hello, who goes there?" words echoed around the room, Astraia still hiden behind the bed, on the floor. As the person didnt speak too quickly she peared up over the bed. Laiko. Oh my god its Laiko!! her mind shouted. She hid back behind the bed, pressing her back against it. What would she do? she was confused and kepted asking herself the same question over and over, but still never finding an answer. Astraia began freaking out. She was soo confused, why was he back? Maybe he couldnt leave her? but then why hadnt he come after her before now? she let out a exasperated groan and flopped down onto the floor. She covered her face with one arm and tapped her fingers on the floor. what was she going to do?
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:13 pm

"Elora!" Laiko gasped reproachfully as she rolled off the bed - torn between concern and amusement. He swung his legs over the side of the bed and peered down at her. She seemed to be... Hiding from him? Suddenly, Laiko felt his confidence falter. He gnawed his lip uncertainly, then flipped himself off the bed and sat down on the ground beside her, his emerald green eyes scanning the room rather than meeting her gaze. "I'm sorry for barging in... Again." Laiko murmured quietly, his lips flickering upwards at the corners as he remembered their first meeting. He glanced at her then, a tentative smile creeping across his face, "But, I am not of that feather, to shake off my friend when she must need me." He concluded, stating the very same quote he remembered her using earlier that day... Back when he had been worrying so madly over her health, that he had caused her to worry over his own. It was ironic, really... The memory brought a fond smile to Laiko's lips, but it faltered slightly as the memory of his mistake struck him. "You didn't really want me to go... Did you?" Laiko questioned softly, hoping to confirm his guess. "It took me a while..." He went on quietly, dropping his gaze to the ground, "But I finally worked out that I should have gone after you and, well, I'm here now." He explained, glancing up at her with a slightly sheepish smile and shrugging his shoulders. She'd probably think him even more insane when she realised he had actually climbed through the window... Perhaps he was insane, but he also didn't have the courage to face Elora's parents - especially when he was still feeling somewhat fragile.

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:04 pm

Astraia sighed when she heard Laiko's voice, shouting her name, why could he just not leave her be. She had accidentially fallen of the bed, but he had to come to rescue her, always. He never gave up did he? Constant worry about her being hurt, gave no fun and adventure in life. He was like a shadow, always making sure she never came into danger. Well it was a little to late for that, she ahd already come into danger more times than necisary. She was used to it, bad things pretty much happened to her. Being clumsy was just one of her little traits. "Laiko would you please just leave me be, im fine, cant you just let me be clumsy for once?" She groaned. "I would do as she tells you son, She may be small, but she sure is a fiesty one" Astraia's dad spoke from the door way. He clutched a tray in one hand and a drink in the other. "Thought you two might want some food" He smiled and made his way over, to Laiko and Astraia. "Say, why are you to sat on the floor? is the bed not comfortable enough for you" He smiled and placed the tray of food on the bedside table. "Dad, Laiko needs the spare room sorting up for him. He's going to have to stay the night. He was too late at reaching the gate" Astraia spoke and glanced at her dad, not even laying an eye on Laiko. "Oh, okays thats fine, i will let your mother know, or rather stop her from kicking him out" He grinned and then carried on "Its just snack and junk food for you darling. Its the best, I hear. From teenagers that is" he made a jokeing grin and then went to sort out the bedroom for Laiko. Astraia got to her feet, grabbed a bar of chocolate from the tray and trundled of into the bathroom, locking the door behind her. She ate the chocolate, washed her face, brushed her teeth and then headed back into her room.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:29 pm

Laiko's face fell at Elora's words, and he instantly drew away, finally realising what people meant when they said that they felt 'stung'. It was honestly as though a whip had been cracked over his back at her words. He turned his head as Elora's dad entered the room, and offered a slight smile. "Right you are, Sir." He replied, nodding politely. He glanced down as Elora began to talk over him - feeling heat creeping into his ears. He didn't want to be the center of attention, but when he was in the middle like that, and just being ignored, he just felt like he was in the way. Laiko soon began to doubt his decision, and with each passing minute, he doubted it more and more. When Elora got up, grabbed a chocolate and left the room without even acknowledging his existence - Laiko's doubt was confirmed. Once again, he felt the stinging feeling of hurt lash over him, but he did not react - for he had vowed not to. Instead, he let his logical mind do the work. He was not welcome here. He was in the way, his presence made Elora unhappy, and he was only causing everybody trouble. Apparently she didn't want him, after all... For some reason, that thought hurt. Laiko soon came to the conclusion that it was not supposed to be easy to have somebody you care about choose to shun you. Still, he would sooner see Elora happy than... Well, anything. And if that was the case, then his feelings meant nothing. Wounds healed, no matter how severe. He had proved that himself... Surely wounds to the heart would be the same? Sighing softly, Laiko closed his eyes for a moment and folded his hands into a steeple. When he re-opened his eyes, he had made his decision. Reaching into his pocket, Laiko pulled out a scrap of paper and the pen that permanently resided there.

Elora;

I'm sorry. I never expected to mess up this badly -
I honestly didn't mean any harm.
I'm sorry for all that happened, and I hope
you won't suffer too much because of it.
Thank you for everything - honestly -
and thank you for the offer to stay.
Please don't think me ungrateful in declining,
only I can tell where I'm not wanted.

If you need me, you know where to find me.

Best of luck, Laiko.

He scrawled the note quickly - irritably aware of a disobedient lump rising into his throat. He signed off his farewell letter - vaguely aware that it reminded him of something, though he could not remember what - then slapped it down roughly onto the bedside table.
Shoving the pen into his pocket, Laiko turned to leave. He was not welcome here any more... And he just wouldn't, couldn't do any more damage. Laiko walked toward the door, and as he pulled it softly shut behind him, he heard the bathroom door click open within the room. It occurred briefly to him that he ought to make sense, but then he came to the conclusion that it didn't matter. Elora would never want to see his face anyway. She wouldn't try to catch up to him - regardless of whether he's been gone for a millennium or a minute. And quite frankly, he didn't blame her. He deserved no better.

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:02 pm

Astraia grabbed her travel bag and then began to head into the bathroom. Though she sensed something was wrong. She glanced around the room. Laiko was gone, he heart skipped a painfull beat. She dropped her clothes on the floor, when she saw the note. Her heart stopped beating for a few seconds, and she choaked for air. She ran over to the note, grabbed it up and read eagerly. The first word being her name and as she read it she instanly pluncked herself on the bed. She carried on. No! No! he cant! he cant leave me! she spoke the words, or rather shouted them in her head. He cant do this to me, not again! A single tear fell from her eye and trickled down her soft skin. She didnt even manage to read it all before she shot to her feat and ran to the door.
meanwhile in the hall Astraia's dad walked out of the spare room. "Oh hey there Laiko. The rooms ready for you, have a good sleep" he smiled and headed down the otherside of the hall.
Astraia threw the door open and went to run down the hall after Laiko. But she found herself run smack into something hard, but also warm and squishy at the same time. Something that was not there before, something Human. Perhaps it was her dad. "Oh Sorry" She picked herself up and began down the hall again, not even looking who it was. she had left in such a hurry, the paper she had dropped was still swaying as it gently flowed to the floor.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:25 pm

"Oh... Uh, thanks." Laiko muttered awkwardly, forcing a slight smile for Elora's dad - somehow not quite able to tell him that he didn't plan to stay. It was too much to explain... And far too complicated. Hell, he barely understood it himself. Shaking off his thoughts, Laiko waited until the coast was clear before starting to sneak toward the door again. Next thing he knew, something had collided with him with force enough to knock his teeth together. Coughing from the force of the collision, Laiko caught only a brief glimpse of Elora before she apologised briefly and dashed away from him again without so much as a backward glance. Wow... Was she really that desperate to get away from him...? No, no! He was just being stupid. Elora wasn't like that! Laiko shook his head to clear his thoughts, and the action caused him to notice a piece of paper drifting through the air. He caught it easily in his hand, then slowly unfurled his clenched fist to reveal the crumpled paper lying innocently in his palm - his own handwriting preserved upon it in black ink. Laiko pressed his lips together, then crushed it in his fist, and glanced after Elora's rapidly disappearing back. He hardly dared to hope... Yet... It seemed to fit, unless he was just a sucker for wishful thinking. Was she coming after him? If she was... Why? Hadn't he said 'You know where to find me'? What was her rush? It could take her forever, and he'd still be waiting... But then again, why did it even matter? No - he knew exactly why. He no longer had the courage to support his hopes, since he feared he couldn't handle to disappointment of having them crushed. He thought, no, he hoped that she had come after him - not wanting him to leave... That she was ready to forgive him... But what if he was wrong, and she was dashing along for another reason? Could he cope with being crushed again? He wasn't that strong, after all... He was as fragile as untreated wood. A little too much rain, and he would rot away. He had to learn to deal with all this, or the hurt would break him. This was all new and strange to him... He just needed to adjust, slowly. But that brought him back to the predicament at hand: Was it worth the risk? The risk of having to meet Elora's cold glare and hear the dreaded words 'I wasn't looking for you.' Yes, it was worth the risk. She was worth risking his life, after all...
"Elora..." He called softly after her, "I'm up here." He said gently, a slight timidity in his tone. He knew that with those simple words he had given her the power to break him... Though he didn't really understand why. He watched her uncertainly - his expression oddly blank as he stubbornly hid his emotions behind the mask he had created.

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:43 pm

Astraia stoped mid step on the last stair to the ground floor. Laiko. His voice rang through her head. No he couldnt still be here. He said he was leaving. Knowing him he would be miles away by now. She didnt believe it, something in her gut made her freeze and then turn around. As she did so, Laiko was right in her view. Her heat began beating again. She felt relived. She amde to head back up the stairs, but found herself falling face first onto the stairs. As the steps got closer she put out her hands to stop herself and then began on up the stairs again. She ran silently across the floor and skided to a halt right in front of Laiko. "Why would you do that to me Again!" she shouted at him and dragged him by the arm into her room. She silently slammed her door. "Why Laiko!" She trew her arms up in exasperation. "I hate this! You always saying your going to leave, but you dont. Stop messing me around" She threw herself at Laiko slamming her hands on his chest. She left her hands on his chest and began crying. "I cant do this Laiko, your crushing me, everytime you go to leave. I was just coming from the bathroom, and was going to try and talk to you, only to find you to be gone" her tears ran silently down her cheeks, alowing her to be able to talk properly. She became frustrated with the tears running continuosly down her face, she wiped then away angrily. "Look what you making me into, i was happy, but now, now im am nothing but unhappy" She plunked herself on her bed, drawing he knees up close to her chest and sat there silently.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:18 pm

Laiko frowned in concern and started forward as Elora tripped, but she managed to catch herself, and he backed off again, finding himself hovering about uncertainly as he waited for her response. Well... She was heading towards him... That was a good sign, right? Why would you do that to me again?! Laiko winced at her harsh words, cringing away from her, but the next thing he knew - she had grabbed his arm and dragged him back into her room. He flinched slightly at the sound of the door slamming - but kept his eyes fixed on her all the while - trying to puzzle out exactly what was going on in her head, so he didn't get the wrong impression again... He stayed silent as she began shouting at him again. Then she slammed her hands against his chest, and he shrunk away from her harsh touch, only to relax again slightly as she remained there, then began to cry. Laiko hesitantly reached out his hand to comfortingly pat her back - though he still remained silent - just hearing her out. He would learn more from listening than talking anyway... Laiko released her as she pulled away. He waited until she was finally silent, then stepped over to her and sat on the bed beside her, hesitating a moment before gently wrapping his arm around her shoulders. "Elora... I'm sorry." He murmured quietly, "I know I messed up pretty badly, but..." He sighed, running his free hand through his hair again in a gesture of stress and leaving it in a complete mess - as usual. "Okay, let me take this one step at a time..." He muttered through a sigh, speaking more to himself than to Elora. "First off, it's not that I 'wasn't' leaving. I was on my way out... As for why, well, I thought that was what you wanted!" He threw up his hands in incredulity, then ran them over his face - attempting to de-stress himself again before going on, his hands fixing on his hands now clasped together in his lap. "Look, Elora... You know I'd never want to hurt you. Never! It's just that I don't understand." He explained calmly, speaking as though he was attempting to explain last week's homework. "I just don't know what you want from me, my friend!" Laiko exclaimed, a laugh bursting from his lips as he shrugged helplessly. "I'm not good at all this. I'm still learning to understand the way this world works, so you can't really expect me to know what you want me to do, can you? I think you want me to leave - so I leave. I think you want me back - so I come back. I just want you to be happy, seriously... I just want to do what you want me to, but it seems that every time I try I just make it worse..." Laiko chuckled softly to himself, though he did not seem amused. On the contrary, he shook his head with cold disappointment at himself. "I can't work this out on my own, Elora. I honestly can't. I'm not capable... So I ask you now, directly, what is it that you want from me? Do I stay or do I go? Honestly, what would you have me do? Anything..." He trailed off, suddenly seeming faintly exasperated, then he shook his head and dispelled the unwelcome emotions, glancing toward Elora with a slight smile. "I'm a pretty high-maintenance friend, huh...?" He murmured quietly, continuing to watch her with a sad smile on his face. "I didn't even know myself.... But I'd completely understand if you decided I'm not worth the effort." Laiko assured her quietly. He watched her now with his typical gaze: A childlike innocence that showed naught but his desire to try to please everyone, yet a despair at having failed in everything simply because he hadn't the knowledge to accomplish all that he had attempted. His view of the world was as of yet infantile. He had been thrust upon the brink of manhood with virtually no memories of the world he lived in. Now he needed to learn all over again... And so far, all he knew was his school. How did that help him know how to keep Elora happy? It didn't. Well... He supposed that left him with only one option: Apologise again, and hope that she would, somehow, by some miracle, understand. "Elora... I really am sorry." He murmured quietly, the shadow of a smile fading from his face completely to make way for a troubled frown.

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:09 pm

Astraia realsed her knees and lay backwards onto the bed. She listened intently to what Laiko had to say. Perhaps he was right. Maybe she just didnt know what she wanted from life anymore. She was confused and uprooted. Astraia covered her face with her hands. She was being an awful person, Yes laiko had upset her a little. She had pushed him away, then made him come back, just to reapeat the same process over. She just didnt know what she wanted anymore. She lacked the trust in people, never being able to trust people ever again, just from one simple accident 2 years ago. After that she tended to hold grudges over her friends if they stepped just one foot over the line. She had lost many friends from it, and the only one that stuck by her side had been Niko. But he too had just turn around and stabbed her in the back, going of with the crowd of her past friends. No one understood her, what she had been through. They all just thought it a lie. Now she couldnt even keep a good friendship a day. She had proved that with Laiko. They had been so close just moments ago, now drifting apart, in the matter of a few minutes.
Astraia reached out to Laikos hand, only grasping it with her fingers. He had finished talking now, potentially waiting for her response. "I'm sorry Laiko" She spoke softly, her voice tone changed from angry to sorrowful. "I'm making this worse for you, I just dont trust people very easily anymore, and when you dissapeared that first time, it crushed me Laiko, i had some trust in you, but you erased that by walking away, now i dont know if i will ever beable to trust you again. Your not the one that messed up. I dont want you to leave, but if i cant trust you" She paused not sure what the right word to say "If i cant trust you, I tend to hold a grudge, and end up pushing people away. I lost alot of friends from it." She sighed and then sat up. "I know i am confuseing at times, but when i say i dont want you, or i want you to leave, i dont really mean, go away i dont want to ever see you again. Try to remember that, as i feel it could happen again." She glanced at Laiko for a split second, looking at the floor again. She couldnt look at him, she felt bad for the way she had treated him. "Maybe we can help each other. Help me to gain that trust for people which i lack. And i help you with learing how the world works, well what i know of it i cant help you with" she laced her hand through his and then leaned on him. "I truely am sorry for the way i treated you, I can be a horrid person at times" she breathed deeply and relaxed, resting her head on Laiko's shoulder.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:19 pm

When Laiko felt Elora's fingers lightly grasp his hand, a soft smile slid across his lips - leaving him instantly reassured. He was never difficult to pacify, since he was a generally placid person. He opened his palm, and took Elora's hand in a full grasp - his touch warm and gentle as his hand completely enclosed her own, yet with such tenderness that his grip would offer no constriction should she try to pull away. "Don't be sorry." Laiko advised quietly, glancing up at her with a sweet smile. "You'll trust again." He added with such certainty that he might as well have been gazing up at a thick black cloud and announcing that it was going to rain. "I messed up before, don't deny it, I did - but I did what I did because I didn't know any better. I'd never really leave you - and you can bank on that. I just didn't know what else to do then. Now I know better, I won't make the same mistake again." Laiko squeezed her hand softly, still smiling kindly at her. He was himself again - as though nothing had changed. "I understand now, and believe me when I say I'll stop at nothing to win back that trust I lost!" He exclaimed, his face splitting into an impish grin at the though of the challenge - clearly promising that he was not going to fail, and that he'd stop at nothing to win back the trust he had undeservedly gained, and fairly lost. He squeezed her hand as she laced her fingers through his - feeling extremely grateful and somewhat touched by her offer. But at her next words Laiko frowned, and his bright green eyes followed her head as she rested it against his shoulder. "Hey..." He said softly, gently cupping her chin in his fingers and tenderly turning her head until he was looking into her eyes. "You don't owe me any sort of apology." Laiko stated firmly, his expression offering no compromise. "And you are most certainly the farthest thing from a horrid person. Everybody has their flaws and attributes you know... Everyone has their issues. As Shakespeare says, the world is naught but a stage and we're just its actors. We don't get to choose what parts we play - so we just have to do what we can with what we've got." Laiko paused for a moment, then a smile crossed his face. "Try not to be too harsh on yourself, 'kay?" He said sweetly. He tilted his head slightly to the side like a puppy, then smiled at her, his eyes brightening in colour as light danced cheerfully off them. He released her chin then, but he let his fingers trail gently up her cheek to tuck away a stray strand of hair behind her ear before taking his arm back - a soft chuckle escaping his lips with the relief of the knowledge the conversation had brought - Elora didn't really want him to leave.

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:17 pm

Astraia looked away as he cupped her face, still not being able to look at him. She pulled away slightly as he removed his hand from her chin. She still didnt have full trust in anyone, and gaining it back would be hard. Laiko was just beginning to push his luck, again. She gently removed her hand from his and tryed to make it look like she wasnt refusing his friendship, and closeness. "Im sorry but i want to get some sleep now, I'll show you the room first" She ddint even look at him as she spoke, she glanced at a spot on the floor. She gently slid of the bed and then headed to the door. She was in no mood for being comforted, and still hated Laiko, somewhat for trying to leave her.
She headed into the spar room, just across and down from her room. She entered the picture perfect room. A four poster bed being the main subject of the room. And in the corner sat a small piano, a high class one, but just the simple small ones, nothing speial like a grand piano. The room was filled with light draping from the cealing. The room looked more like something out of a magazine than a real bedroom. "So this is wear your sleeping for the night, sorry its not much, bathrooms through that door. Night Laiko" And with that she turned and headed back towards her room. She was just not feeling it tonight, she was down and rather tired from the action packed day.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:47 pm

Laiko felt his face fall as she pulled away, suddenly finding himself wondering, once again, what he had done wrong. But the second the hurt hit, Laiko hid it, and simply reminded himself to be grateful that at least Elora had made some effort to spare his feelings - even if she hadn't been willing to accept his comfort. Perhaps he just had to be patient... Yes, he would try that. He didn't know what else to do, after all... "Makes sense..." Laiko replied simply, managing a slight smile. He got to his feet and followed her with quiet, subdued steps. He paused as he reached the room, staring around in open-mouthed disbelief. "I... I get to stay in here?" Laiko asked in awe, staring around the room. The room alone was bigger than his entire dorm - and he shared that with Mike and Kevin. "I can no other answer make, but, thanks, and thanks." (quote) Laiko murmured softly as Elora walked to the door, a soft smile curving his lips. "Night, Elora." He replied gently, hesitantly raising a hand in farewell to her before walking over to the bed and sitting down on it. He was still horribly confused, and he felt really bad, but he didn't know what to do about it. He had done the best he knew how, yet it had seemed to make things worse... And turn Elora against him all over again. What exactly had his mistake been...? Where had he gone wrong...?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next