Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deshy, Polo and thier army of evil kittys

2 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Deshy, Polo and thier army of evil kittys  - Page 2 Empty Re: Deshy, Polo and thier army of evil kittys

Post  Deshychan Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:50 pm

Astraia fiddled with the edges of her book, itching to read some more. She glanced up at Laiko and second guessed. It would be better if she didnt, it would set the wrong kind of signals. Just as if she didnt want to talk, or be bothered by anyone, and then he would properly avoid her. She stopped fiddling with the book just as he started speaking. Astraia just laughed and smiled. She follwed his step shortly after he began his rather eager journey towards her home. She wasnt ready for this. She had no idea what could happen. "Erm.." Astraia looked down at the plastic carry bag and then back to him "I guess, if you really want too" she gave him a questioning lok but handed to bag to him anyway. It seemed all a little odd to her.
She glanced up into the sky the sun had lowered past its midway point, but not quite close to setting yet. it was still earlyish in the afternoon. She was surprised her parents hadnt come out looking since she ahd been gone a while. They too must be busy with unpacking the important stuff and had lost track of time. It hadnt taken them too long to reach her new street. New only cause it was so to her. As they gradually got closer and closer to her house she began worrying more and more over what her parents would think. It wasnt there choise to keep her from being friends with guys, but her fault, and she tryed to make friends with others. She just always found it easier to get along with guys. She nervously played with the book she held in her hands. "So.. we are almost at my house now, you erm... ready for what may hit you?" She gave him a half smile half grimmace, trying to be more positive than negative but it didnt really work.
Deshychan
Deshychan

http://viceroybutterfly.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Deshy, Polo and thier army of evil kittys  - Page 2 Empty Re: Deshy, Polo and thier army of evil kittys

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:23 pm

Laiko accepted the bag as she handed it to him. "I've been taught that it's improper etiquette for a man to allow a woman to carry something without offering to help. Of course, it's probably even worse to tackle one." He explained with a laugh. He walked a while longer, and next thing he knew the house was nearly in sight. He turned to Elora as she began to speak again. Noting her nervousness, he responded with the appropriate amount of enthusiasm to counter it. "Of course!" He replied confidentally. "It will be fine, I'm sure of it!" He added optimistically. He quickened his pace slightly toward the house - proving his eagerness and eliminating any traces of uncertainty. It would be fine. He was pretty good with people, and besides, what reason had they to turn against him? He cast Elora a reassuring smile, hoping to ease her nerves, then came to a standstill as he reached the property, staring up at the large house looming before him. Well... This was it. He hoped it would go as well as he'd been trying to convince himself it would... What would her parents be like? Would they take kindly to his cheerful nature, or would they perhaps find it improper and unsettling? He supposed it didn't really matter... He was a fair actor, so if it wasn't going well, he could always change tact at the last moment. Though hopefully it wouldn't come to that...
Suddenly aware that he was making himself nervous - Laiko fixed a confident expression on his face and flashed Elora a cheerful grin, giving a resigned shrug and waiting for her to lead him to the door. Ladies first, of course...
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:49 pm

Astraia burst out laughing at his last remark. "You know what? I really dont mind. Its what im used to. Though you kinda did, almost give me a heartattck" She grinned at Laiko.
Astraia glanced at her new home. She hated it, she wanted to go back and live in the mountains. She much perefered it then. Though an advantage of living here was that she had already met a great guy. She ahdnt even been here a day and he was already carring bags for her. What was next? carring her round the beach on a bed so she didnt have to walk? She almost burst out laughing at the thought of it. "Yes. But your not sure of it. Hell even im not" she gasped in agrivation. She couldnt be doing with this, why did she always have to ruin everything for herself. Astraia was just about to say something else when Laiko had bugan almost running towards her house. She caught up with him and almost grabbed him by the wrist whe he stopped and smiled at her. They where now stood in front of her house. She paused before going in and turned on him. "Try and not do anything stupid, please." She gave him a beggining grin and then turned and walked away up the path. She put one hand on the door handle and it swung open before she could open it.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:58 pm

"I'll try." Laiko murmured softly in response, his face flickering into a nervous smile before he followed her up the garden path. He attempted to take not of his surroundings as he approached the door. The sky was bright and blue - the cheerful weather complimenting the gentle breeze that toyed with his soft blonde hair. It calmed him slightly, and he felt himself relax slightly as his bright green eyes darted around the overgrown garden - revelling in the mysteries that might be hidden in the shadows of the tall trees and long grass. Next thing he knew, they had reached the door, and he was jolted back to reality by the clicking sound of the door swinging open. He almost jumped, and though he scolded himself for being so skittish, some tension had already returned to cripple his confidence. He fought the urge to bite his lip as he awaited the heat-stopping moment that awaited him. This was it. Don't do anything stupid... He couldn't mess this up... He wouldn't mess this up. Determination hardened Laiko's courage, and he fixed a pleasant, confident smile on his face as he waited to see who would step out of the door.

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:33 pm

Astraia stood back as the door gently opened. She must have missed it before, but the removles guys must have still been here as it was only one of them that was coming out the house. wether that was a good thing or not Astraia did not know. She gave Laiko one last look and smiled like it was the last time they would ever se each other again. She almost even felt the urge to say, goodbye untill we meet again. She only decided not to as he was also looking quite nervous, she didnt want to mess it up even more so. She took one step in and plucked up all the confidence she needed and blew out the bad stuff in a sigh. "Mother, Father! Im Back and brought a new friend with me, as well as some food" She joked. Her parents stuck their head out of the rooms they were in. Her Father in his new working area and her mother from the kitchen. They both had odd expressions on their faces. They looked at each other and then stepped out into the large hall at the same time.
Astraia gave Laiko a caution, look. Though her parents seemed to be acting strange. She almost wanted to slap herself on the face. Before they got any closer she introduced her new friends to them "Mother, Father meet Laiko. He helped me find the shop and quite possibly saved my life" She said matter o factly and gave them her innocent child smile, hoping they would just ignore that last bit. With that she turned to Laiko, but also didnt really take her full attention from her parents. "Laiko meet Mother and Father, Or Mr and Mrs. Nolan" She gave him a half hearted smile and almost instanly gave her full attention back to her parents, who were still acting a little wierd.
Astraia's parents stopped not that far from them and just stood there for a little while before one of them did something. And all that was, was to wisper to the other, or rather talk in hushed tones to one another. From what Astraia could make out, she got that they were rather surprised she had made a new friend so fast. Since after her whole incident she hadnt really been the one for 'bonding' woth others, or rather interacting with others. And was pretty much silent for the most part of the day, with either headphones in reading books or both at the same time. At that her Father spoke "Hello there Laiko, i am glad our Astraia here as made a new freind, and so fast. You must be a great kid, your parents are lucky to have you" He smiled and gave his hand out to Laiko, offering to shake his hand. While Astraia's Mother just stood and smiled sweetly.However underneath all that she was just itching to shout and break it up. You could almost see the steam coming from her ears as she tried so hard not to. Astraia's mother gave her a sharp warning look when Laiko and her father were not paying attention. Astraia hid her face from her mothers view and began playing with the edges of her book again. You could tell the book she was carring was her favourite as all the edges were frayed and torn from where she had stood and played with them in heart wrentching situations. Astraia took a slight tiny step closer to Laiko, his presence somewhat making her feel a little better.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:58 pm

"Pleased to meet you both." Laiko replied with a polite smile, shaking the man's hand with a firm grip. He remembered being told at one stage that a good, firm handshake could always leave a good impression and even lay an important foundation for whatever relationship was to follow it. In this situation, he certainly hoped it was a good one. "I don't exactly have parents." He admitted in response to the man's comment, "But I thank you for your kind words, all the same." He added with a grin - releasing the man's hand exactly at the moment he had counted the 3 seconds that he had been taught was the appropriate handshake length. Any shorted was a shun. Any longer was a challenge. He intended to give neither.
Once more attempting to resist the urge to bite his lip, Laiko turned his attention to the woman, who seemed a little, check that, a lot less pleased by his presence than her husband. "I'm terribly sorry to drop by unannounced, Mrs Nola." He apologised humbly. "It was awfully rude of me, and I thank you sincerely for your hospitality." He added in a respectful tone, a polite smile curving his lips. He inclined his head respectfully toward her, then simply stood with a faint smile on his face - wondering if he ought to say or do anything else. He really needed to start interacting more... The only people he ever spoke to were those at the school. What if other, outside people were different? What if they responded differently? Well, actually he already knew the answer to that... Elora had proved it when he had offered to carry the groceries for her. What if he was trying too hard...? Wait, no, he was just over-thinking things again. He ought to relax and be himself. Hah! Easier said than done... He didn't even know who he was! But wait - he was an expert at reading people... At least, he had been up until this point. Why should his skill fail him now? After all, though she had seemed a little surprised, he had thought that Elora did appreciate his gesture - at least to some extent. Perhaps unfamiliarity would in fact give a better impression than what they were used to? Wait - that had reminded him of something... The groceries: He was still holding them.
Lifting the packet slightly, he offered it to Mrs Nolan. "Your groceries, Mrs Nolan." He said with a smile, "Elora is quite the efficient shopper." He added kindly, "I know very few people who are capable of making good decisions as quickly or as logically. Even in a simple situation, it is a valuable skill to have. I imagine you must be very proud of her." He added, casting a brief smile toward Elora. Well, that last comment would either go one way or the other... He hoped it played to his advantage. Either way, he had stated an honest opinion. If they didn't like it, well... At least he'd been honest.

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:34 pm

Astraia's Father smileda t Laiko, he seemed to really like him. which was rather odd, her father barley took any notice in the people that she became friends with. Maybe her saw something in him that tweaked his eye. or maybe he was just being kind, for now. Astraia hoped for a quick exit. but time seemed to have almost slowed to a full stop. She looked over at her mother once and then to her father. They both seemed taken aback from Laiko's utter honesty, they even had to look at each other and then back to her and Laiko again. Astraia gringe asn waited for the shouting wars to commence. Astraia's Father was the one who spoke. "Oh I am sorry for your loss son. you have my condolences" Astraia's father must have thought he had lost them to an accident or something of such other form. Astraia's Father gave Laiko a smile of approval. He was really hitting the charts with her father, there must be something about him that sparked his eye and no one else could see it.
Astraia's Mother on the other hand could not look at this guy who stood a front her. She looked anywhere but at him. And only when he spoke she glanced at him, it was so cold and nasty you would have thought Laiko turned to stone. "Well i sure hope you are" She snapped in a nasty tone and huffed at him. "Yes indeed it was rude, and i see she has you wrapped around her littler finger already" She said and glared at her daughter in utter horror, like - I'm going to eat you, Alive - kind of way. She then glared over at Laiko again then removed he glance from them two. Astraia cowered unseen away from her mothers glare. Her mother was always so hard to please, the only person she had fully excepted was her ex-boyfriend and that was only because she knew his parents awfully too well.
Astraia gave her dad a nervous smile, who returned it with his huge actors, white teeth smile. Astraia was about to take Laiko by tyhe arm and drag him away when simultaniously they, Laiko and her, seemed to notice they still had the bag of food. She was about to take it from him and hand the food to her parents as he spoke up and offered her Mother the bag himself.
Astraia's mother snorted and took the bag in a harsh way. When he mentioned the name Elora, Astraia's mother gave her a hard look. She knew exactly what she meant and cowered away from her, hoping this was ending somewhat soon. "she is only that way because of me and they way i like things done around here, if your slow you wont survive in this house" And with that she stalked off. Astraia's Father shocked her then and spoke words he had never said before "Do excuse my wife, she is feeling a little touchy from the move" He smiled at Laiko with appolgies. "I heard that!" Astraia's mother's voice echo from one of the rooms and with that her dad laughed and walked rather fast away into his office. Astraia turned and looked at Laiko. "Well i can officially say that went better than expected" She gave him a gentle smile and began to head upstairs. Just as she got to hte bottom step she turned on Laiko. "Before we go up there would you like a drink or somethign?" She asked with a kind smile, and carfully flicked a strand of hair that was out of place. Yes you could say they were a little too perfect in the way the house and people in it looked. Everything had to be in its rightful place or there would be hell to pay. This was all beacuse of her Mother, she always had to have everything in a certain place or she would loose her mind.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:05 pm

Laiko opened his mouth to reply, but before he could do so the woman had stormed off. Laiko shrugged helplessly at Mr. Nolan as he apologised for his wife - but he dared not say anything for fear of burning bridges any more than he already had. As Mr. Nolan walked away, Laiko began gnawing his lip awkwardly, then turned to Elora as she spoke, offering a slightly disgruntled smile. "Really?" He asked with a disbelieving chuckle, returning her smile accompanied by a slightly ashamed expression. The way he saw it, he had failed her. He didn't much like the feeling... He didn't like it at all. Still, she did not seem to mind. That ought to make him feel better... Right? He shifted his weight uncertainly from foot to foot as Elora walked toward the stairs - not sure if he should follow, wait or leave. He gave a slight smile as she turned back to him, though his face creased into a frown at her words. "Go... Go up there...?" He asked hesitantly. "But, do you think that's a good idea...?" He asked slowly, biting his lip for a moment before adding. "I mean, shouldn't I rather... You know... Just... Go?" He asked haltingly, gesturing toward the door. "I just don't want to impose." He explained hesitantly, casting a nervous glance in the direction Mrs. Nolan had gone. The last thing he wanted to do was hang around when she had made it so clear that he obviously was not welcome. What sort of message would it send if he simply ignored that? It would be downright rude - to say the least! He hated to be impolite - it was simply not the way he had been brought up. Or, if his early upbringing had included such things, he could not remember it... This thought reminded him of Mr. Nolan's words when he had offered his condolences for Laiko's loss. It was strange how everybody simply assumed his parents to be dead... Of course, if they asked he would willingly tell his tale, but it seemed somehow selfish to do so of his own accord. As such, he would generally just let it slide. His parents probably were dead, after all... Either that, or they had no clue where in the world he was. Or they hated his guts. Either way, he supposed he was not really missing out - not knowing them and all... Though he supposed it would have been nice to have some sort of safety net to fall back on when times were tough and funds were needed. Still, who was he to be unsatisfied? He had everything he needed in life: And all thanks to Principal Hayden. Laiko owed a lot to that man... He was simply an incredible person. Suddenly aware that he had drifted off in thought, Laiko jerked himself back to reality and glanced toward Elora - awaiting her verdict on the subject.

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:18 pm

Astraia gave Laiko a bemused look. She pushed her self away from the stairs using the railing and stalked over to Laiko. "Stop being stupid and get over here now" She gave him a playful, mocking smile. "My mother never excepts my friends, but it dosent matter, she wont mind you coming upstairs, Honest" Astraia grabbed LAiko by the arm and attempted to drag him to the stairs, though she failed greatly. "You could atleast make me feel better by pretending i was dargging you!" She laughed slightly and rolled her eyes at him. "Move you butt now and come up stairs, you want to borrow music right?" She wiggled her eye brows at him, hoping he would catch her drift. Astraia knew her mother would be listening and did it on perpose just to annoy her mother some more. She sighed and headed upstairs anyway, forget completely about eating, as her mother had kinda taken it away with her anyways. Astraia hoped he would just give up and follow. "Hey what time you gotta be abck at school?" Astraia asked matter of factly while also walking slowly up the stairs. She felt bad for him, he had nothing and they were just moving into a new home, possibly as big as one of the buildings at his school, that also possibly house alit of children, one to each room, though the rooms downstairs would be the size of three dorms. Well atleast from what she ahd seen of those kind of schools, it seemed that way to her, but maybe this one was different, she didnt know.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:52 pm

"Okay, okay!" Laiko replied with a laugh, raising his hands as though to ward her off. His face split into an amused grin as he shook his head in fond incredulity before following her placidly up the stairs, smiling cheerfully as he went. The old house held a certain charm that seemed to put him in an instantly good mood. Almost as though he had been reunited with a childhood friend he could not quite remember. "At school...?" Laiko frowned slightly as he attempted to remember. He seldom left the boarding house, so he was seldom reminded of those sorts of things that soon became common knowledge to most boarders. "I think I'm supposed to be inside the grounds by 6PM..." He replied, rubbing his chin and frowning thoughtfully. Yup, that sounded about right... Well, he hoped it was right. He wondered vaguely if he would ever get to see Elora again after going back to the school, and eventually decided that he would be rather saddened if he did not. Then again, would she even want to spend more time with him after he had got her shot at and annoyed her mother to no ends? Oh, who was he kidding? She had already proved that she was nice enough to let that sort of thing slide. This thought struck Laiko as distinctly amusing, and he was forced to stifle an unexpected laugh as it jumped to his lips. He really did worry too much... Everything would work out, one way or another. He couldn't plan every step he took... Sighing at his own silliness, Laiko followed Elora over to her room. As they reached the door he paused to look around, paying closer attention to his surroundings. "Sheesh, but this place is big!" He exclaimed suddenly, a delighted grin on his face. "It really doesn't look this big from the outside, does it?" He pointed out curiously. "Amazing..." He murmured in awe, staring around at the tall walls surrounding him. It really was a beautiful house. "Thank you for inviting me in." Laiko said suddenly, a grateful smile on his kind face, "I'm already enjoying it!" He admitted with a laugh.

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:28 pm

Astraia soon reach her room opened the door wide and plunked herself on her double bed. She watched him as he looked or rather gaped at the house around him. "Alright then i will kick you out at 5 so it gives you time to get back" She smiled and then laughed. Though she was kind of being serious, she didnt want to get him into trouble with his school, all because of her, And she had only just move there and met him, it would set a good example to her family.
Astraia glanced around her room. It was pretty bland and boring, and it was full with tons and tons of boxes. They were pretty much full of books and CD's. Astraia began day dreaming. She was now situiated in her old room back at the old house in the mountains. It was much bigger than this and much more homey looking, She really missed that place, but glad her parents had still got it. They hadnt sold it, but let it rented to people, so when they were gone she could go back to it and remember the old days she spent in her room. The poeple that rented it now were only doing so as they were waiting for their house to be finished built.
Suddenly she snapped out of it, Laiko speeking zapped her consentraion bubble back into reality. "Wow.. erm.. you really think its big." She shifted nervously and rubbed the back of her head. She felt a little uncomfortable with the way he thought this house was big, she would feel even more uncomfortable if she mention it was nothing compared to her place before. He had nothing, She had everything she wanted, and still wanted more. She was greddy compared to him, MAybe she would learn from him. "I guess i am just used to this kind of life though" She smiled at him, hoping he would ecuse her previous comment. "Thats fine by me" She grinned and sat up more straigh on her bed, feeling a little less nervous and uncomfrotable now. "What to go threw my boxes of books and music?" She asked him and shifted to the edge of the bed. Anyways she was supposed to be putting them away right now, and it was a good time, to go threw then while he was here and put them away at the same time also.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:55 pm

"Works for me!" Laiko replied, returning her laugh. He glanced around the room, smiling cheerfully around at the numerous boxes and wondering with curious interest what each contained, and where it had come from. Most seemed to be filled with books and music. He was quite eager to learn more about Elora's taste... Perhaps it would help him get to know her better... He glanced back over at her as she spoke again, fixing a kind, soothing smile on his face in an attempt to counter the sudden nervousness that he sensed lingering around her. He was always extremely aware of these things, though he had never fully understood why... There was a lot he didn't understand, though that was t be expected, considering the circumstances. "Ah, well that makes sense." He replied with a chuckle at her next comment, "The only kind of life I'm used to is buried in my textbooks!" Laiko admitted with a laugh. "But hey, I love it, so what does it matter?" He added with a grin He stepped over to her at her next comment, glancing eagerly around at all the boxes that littered the room. "Sure!" He exclaimed enthusiastically, "I'm very curious to see what sort of things you like, to be honest. Mike thinks I should listen to more music, but I don't know very much, aside from the music he listens to... And to put it lightly, that music is... Awful." Laiko concluded, laughing yet again. In fact, Laiko always seemed to be laughing or smiling. He was indeed a cheerful fellow, if just for the reason that he had no recollection of a reason not to be.

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:31 pm

Astraia glanceda round her room as Laiko was talking to her. She felt bad that she thought that her room was just a mergre size, when to him it was huge. She laughed slightly at his remarks. She was homeschooled and wondered what it would be like livving in a school, or even going to school where you only came home for holidays. If her parents made her go to one of those schools it would have been an all girls school. "Do you not find that lifestyle kinda boring? i know i would." She gave him a questioning look and then smiled gently. "Whats it like in a boarding school? The style of livving, is it okay? I have never really had that experience, and am so curious to what its like" She gleamed at Laiko, enfused with all her questions and how he would answer them. She really did wonder what it was all like, and hoped that one day she would get to see inside the school which he lived.
Astraia sat gleaming and waiting for his responce hoping she hadnt caught him to of guard with all her fast talking. She couldnt help it, She always did it when she was excited or nervous. She automatically reached into her jeans poket and dragged out her mobile phone. She checked the screen, but nothing was different. Astraia chucked her phone onto her pillows and gave Laiko back all her focus.

Astraia slipped of the bed grabed up one of the boxes and getnly placed it onto her bed. "They are all catorogised into dates, alphabetical order and favourites" She grinned at Laiko like a fool, she felt too organised and stange that she had to have them in a certain way, or she would not settle untill they were. "We will start on my books" She smiled gently at Laiko and then began opening the box. When the box was opened -gently of course she didnt want to mark any of the books inside, many were very rare and valuble, and all in perfect condition, except the one she always carried around with her. You could call it her comfort book, she never went without it and when she felt out of place she played with the edges of it to make herself feel better, and it always worked. She gently removed the first book from the top of the pile. "The original Dracula" she read the title out to Laiko and placed it on her bed. "Dont touch it please, it the first edition and one of only 10 copies in the world. It must stay in perfect condition or it will be worth nothing. It does have a special film around the book to keep the dust away and stop it from gettting sun bleached" She paused looked up "Eep!" she squealed, ran to the windows and vigorously closed the curtians to shut out the light. She let out a sigh of relief as she made her way back to the bed. "Any form of solar light can ruin the books, all of them stay in a dark cupboard" She pointed to the only standing cupboard in her room. She walked over and opened it up. Inside it was filled with shelves from top to bottom, even the doors had shelves in them, all so she could reach each and every book without moving others to get to one. The wardrobe was a magnificent hand carved, maple oak wood and personaly designed. Astraia was a lucky girl really, all her furniture in her room was hand made and personaly designed for her. Her four posted double bed was the same maple oak carved as the wardrobe, everything down to the last tiny design. Everything matched in perfect harmony, even the little things like the bedside lamp matched, The lamp shade matched the colour of her bed sheets. A simple, yet powerfull shade of night lilac. It was like a room for a Princess. Her mother had good taste, and friends that were amazing interior designers. In other words, Astraia was a spoiled brat child, though didnt act like she had everything, she didnt care what others thought of her, she was who she wanted to be, not what others wanted her to be. She is her own person. "Books are my pride and joy. I have them all twice ones to read and others for show and like trophyies only to be seen, not touched. Unless you know how to care for them, then i will only allow you to hold them. When we get to the reading ones, i dont care what you do with them as long as you take respect for them. I have some you may enjoy, so i think its better if we skip these books and go to the others" She smiled, put the book away closed up the box and re-taped it shut. She clambered threw the rest of the boxes and found the right ones. "Here give us a hand would you?" was all you heard coming from the boxes, there were just to many of them and she was too small that she disperesed between them. She moved some boxes and placed them ontop of some others, these the ones that had the books in that her and Laiko could go threw and she didnt have to worry about greasy finger prints all over them. Most of them had been read to pieces anyways so it didnt matter what he did to them. Just as long as he respected them, even if he hated the author, he had to show respect towards the book. She hoped he would find a few that would intrest him. She had many, many books, but inly some may intrest Laiko, but then again maybe not even one of them would. Maybe he would do better with her music, he surely should find something there, if not she would make him like something new. Suddenly she poped her head out the top of the boxes, well the best she could anyways, "So do you like books or not?" she asked hoping that he had a somewhat intrest in them.
She dissapered behind the boxes again. She found a loose book laying atop one of the other boxes. It was a decent book and she wondered how it had managed to get loose. It was a shakespeare book, Midsummer Night's Dream She plucked it of and threw it over the top of the boxes, "This is an amazing book and i think you will love it. From what i have learnt from your ways, it is your kind of book" Astraia didnt look to see where she threw it, she just hoped Laiko had quick reactions and would grab it before it struck the ground, or something. A muffled voice quoted out from behind the boxes "Lord, what fools these mortals be!" She laughed loud adn short "Sorry i do love that book from Shakspeare, possibly my favourite out of all plays by him. I have the whole bunch if your intrested in any. That is if you havent gotten it already" Her voice spoke out with that still hint of luaghter and the joyness of having fun going threw the books while Laiko was present.

All of a sudden the door bell rang. She sprang up out of the boxes like a Jack in the box. Her face lit with curiosity and the joy of having a possible visitor. She submerged from all the boxes and headed over to Laiko. "We must go to the door and see who the unexpected visitor is" Joy rang out threw her voice and lit her face. She trotted of down the hall and literealy bounced down the stairs. She was soon at the door, before even her parents had a chance to get there, she had made it downstairs and to the door. She opened the door wide, expecting to see a neighbour come round to welcome them. But there stood in his usual outfit was Niko. Astraia's face lit up like a christmas tree. She threw herself at him and jumped into his arms as he knew it was coming, he bent down slightly to catch her in his arms and hug her closely. Astraia wrapped her arms round his neck and hung there for a while. She dropped to the floor as she heard a voice behind her. "Well stop hanging around in the archway and get him in here, we must see him" Her Mother spoke as her and her Father stood not to far from them and were craning there necks to try and see Niko. They hadnt seen him since Him and Astraia had broken up, and he was one of the only friends of the family that had been to the house when they were looking at buying it, and to the house in a whole for that matter.
Astraia grabbed him by the hand and dragged him in. He gretted them in a formal and prince like way. He then turned and glared at Laiko who was stood almost in the shadows. Astraia had completely forgoten about him. She gasped in surprise. "Laiko Meet Niko" she paused looked at them both and then spoke again "Niko meet Laiko" She gave them both a smile. Laiko looking like his usual self, happy and joyfull, it made Astraia feel better when she saw him. But when she looked at Niko it all changed, he was glaring at this guy who stood on her stairs, in her house. His chest was all puffed up and looked ready to explode. Astraia placed her hand on his chest, He realsed it a little, but still looked all puft up and ready to pounce on Laiko at the right moment. Niko was being Jealous, that was one of the reasons they had split up, Astraia couldnt deal with jealousy, it was one thing she did not tolerate in any little way given. She would have given him a smack if it werent for her parents presence. "well you can talk later, Laiko, Niko and Me are going upstairs, Good bye" She took Niko by the arm and dragged him to the stairs. She gave Laiko a gentle, soft smile when she reached him. Hoping he would also follow.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:57 pm

"Honestly, it's really not possible for me to find it boring, since I've never known anything else." Laiko admitted with a smile. He thought over his own words for a moment, and it only made him all the more aware of the fact that what he said was true. One could not truly miss what they had never known, nor could they truly desire something of which they had no inkling. As far back as he could remember, which admittedly was not all that far, he had lived in the boarding house and devoted his heart, mind and soul to his work. After all, that scholarship was his life, and it was a darn good one. Free food, free lodging, free education and even a free uniform. It had originally come around mostly out of the goodness of one man's heart, namely, Principal Hayden, but since then Laiko had been determined to prove himself worthy of the man's kindness. Since he had joined the school, he had not once let his grades slip below 90%. Of course, had he been used to having recreational time, he probably would not have been able to cope with the rigorous study regime that he had developed for himself. He supposed it was lucky, in a way, that he loved his work so much. If was difficult not to when one was ecstatically happy, yet had nothing to be happy over besides their schoolwork. As such, he had been unable to help but come to adore it. Since then, of course, his life had become more fulfilled. He had started doing some sport, though he did not particularly enjoy that... He had met friends, too. In fact, he was already considered on of the more sociable students at the school. He wondered if he had always been such a people person, or if that was just another thing that had come about simply because he didn't know any better. Either way, he was content. Though they had their faults and quirks, Laiko certainly could not ask for better friends than Mike and Kevin. They had been unbelievably good to him ever since Principal Hayden had asked them to take him under their wings. Had it not been for them, Laiko wasn't sure how he would have been able to cope.
Laiko suddenly resurfaced from his thoughts as he heard Elora asking another question, this time regarding the style of living at the school. "It's all pretty much routine." Laiko replied pleasantly, "That is to say - we are allotted time slots for most things, so I suppose it is a little more controlled than some people would like, but I suppose it works for me. Once again, I don't know anything different, so I don't really know if I would prefer having more freedom..." He trailed off for a moment, then went on, "To be honest, I'd probably just end up sleeping all day if I was to manage my own time, so I guess it's just as well!" He said with a laugh, clearly amused by the thought. He never had been a morning person. He always struggled to get out of bed, though of course Mike was always very eager to help with some or other cruel prank... Laiko gave a fond chuckle at the memories of some of the things his energetic friend had done to try to wake him up. He really was a character, that one...

Laiko suddenly turned his attention back to Elora as he saw her head toward the boxes, watching her curiously. "Wow, you're petty organised!" Laiko exclaimed with a grin as she explained the categorisation of her books. Laiko leaned slightly closer as she opened the box, peering carefully inside. "Wow!" He gasped in awe as she lifted the first book out. His eyes widened as he admired the impeccable condition of the book, and his eyebrows shot up as she explained its importance. Double wow... He raised his hands and spread his palms in a gesture that promised he would not dare touch the book, then continued to stare at it in awe-struck silence. Just what was he looking at...? That it could be so simple, yet so rare and so precious? The thought enchanted him, and he soon found his eyes glued on the book. He wrenched his gaze away from the glossy cover at Elora's squeal, frowning in concern. Just as the creases in his face were deepening, Laiko relaxed again as he saw what she was doing. He watched her antics with a tenderly affectionate expression, a soft, fond chuckle escaping his lips. Her actions were so typical... Exactly the sort of thing he would expect her to do, and he found it distinctly endearing. Perhaps he was too quick to make decisions, but Laiko had already decided that what he had with Elora was the foundation of a relationship built to last. Though it had been less than a day since he had met her, and though they had certainly not met under the best circumstances, what with his accidental break-in, Mike, and the shooting, he already considered her to be one of his closest friends. In fact, he was starting to wonder how he had ever managed to enjoy life before he had met her. She seemed so important now... Such a big part...
Laiko jerked himself out of his thoughts again as Elora walked back toward him; his permanent smile still fixed on his face. He nodded in interest as se explained about the dangers of solar light, then followed her over to the cupboard to examine its dark shelves. "Well, these books certainly get the five-star treatment they deserve!" Laiko exclaimed with a grin, excitedly admiring the elegant wood of the cupboard, and the way it matched perfectly with the rest of the room. It really was a beautiful sight... A true treat for the eyes. Laiko's bright green eyes gleamed with excitement as he glanced around the magnificent room, taking in the professionally designed furniture. Elora certainly had a flair for style, he would bet his bottom dollar on that fact! Well, figuratively anyway, seeing as how he had yet to earn a single dollar that he had any recollection of. "I can see that." Laiko replied with a kind smile as she spoke about her books. "It is truly amazing to see how passionate you are about them. Such qualities are rare nowadays, at least judging from what I've seen, but I feel they make a good person. If you are determined to care about what is important to you, then you automatically have the makings of greatness in you." Laiko concluded with a soft smile. His expression faltered then as he thought back over his words, wondering if they were perhaps a little too deep... A little too sincere... "At least, that's my opinion." He added with a slightly awkward laugh, obviously attempting to lighten the mood slightly before she could think too hard over his outburst or heartfelt speech. "And you needn't worry." He added with a reassuring smile, "I would not dream of treating anything so important to you with disrespect. I'm not that kind of person." He concluded with a soft chuckle, folding his hands behind his back to assure her that he planned to observe with his eyes, and his eyes alone. Laiko watched Elora for a while, and he had to slap a hand over his mouth to keep from laughing as she vanished amongst the boxes. It was little things like that that he found most endearing about her. Just those little individual quirks that made her so... Herself. Laiko jumped slightly as he was startled out of his thoughts by her voice. "Coming." He replied with a sheepish grin, walking over and helping her to move the boxes, taking care to treat them with the utmost gentility - almost as though each box contained a baby bird so fragile and delicate that it might die if clutched too tightly... That it might fall if held too loosely. "I do like books." He replied, smiling at her as he gently placed the box he was holding on the floor and swept his soft blonde fringe out of his eyes with the back of his hand. "I don't find time to read very often, since I'm usually too involved with my studies, but I can honestly say that I find literature fascinating - the more complex and metaphorical the better. It is an amazing experience to be able to read those words that somebody else has written, and try to work out exactly what they were trying to say, and what they were thinking at the time..." Laiko trailed off, suddenly aware that he was babbling endlessly - meanwhile Elora had become submerged in the stack of boxes once more. He heard a muffled voice, then a book came soaring toward him, and he caught it gently in his hands, turning it to read the cover. "Midsummer Night's Dream." He had heard of it before - perhaps Kevin had mentioned it at some stage... As Elora's quote struck his ears, Laiko instantly felt a quote leap to his own lips and fall from his tongue, though he had no inkling as to where it might have originated from, since he could not remember ever having heard it before, yet at the same time, he was certain that it came from the selfsame book he clutched gently between his palms. "And though she be but little, she is fierce." He said with a smile, winking and touching a hand to his cheek in reminiscence of the slap that Elora had given him earlier. "I believe you're right." He concluded with a grin. "I certainly will like this book!" Laiko smiled at her for a moment, then turned his attention away as the doorbell rang.

He glanced back at her as she spoke; nodding in agreement and feeling his own face break into a grin. Her enthusiasm was infectious. He followed her down the stairs with alacrity, then paused and hung back as she opened the door. He felt a slight hint of surprise as she leaped into the stranger's arms and hugged him with open affection. However, once the initial shock wore off, Laiko found his grin stretching even wider at seeing her so happy. He was looking forward to being introduced to the boy who could instil such joy in her. He must be one amazing person! Laiko was impressed by the way the boy greeted Elora's parents and regarded him with a respectful gaze as they exchanged pleasant greetings. Laiko stepped forward eagerly as Elora made to introduce him to the boy who Laiko had by now deduced must be her boyfriend. He offered his hand with a friendly smile, though it was short lived. As he noted the boy's expression, Laiko's smile faltered and died on his lips, and he slipped his hands into his pockets, for it was obvious that the boy would have no intention of shaking them. "Pleased to meet you, Niko." He murmured politely, talking as though he was speaking to the president of the country rather than a peer. A little extra respect never hurt anybody, and his pride was worth sacrificing to save any awkwardness that Elora might have to go through if this boy took a notion to beat Laiko to a pulp, which he did indeed seem close to doing, though Laiko was not exactly sure why.
He hesitated a moment as Elora began dragging Niko up the stairs, but when she glanced back to smile at him he found he was able to forsake his anxiety and follow them, a tentative smile returning to his own lips almost like a timid bear poking its head out of its cave on the first day of spring after a long Winter's hibernation. He glanced down at his hand, suddenly noticing that he still held the book there. As he stared at it, he saw words he could not remember seeing jump to his mind in palpable reality. He could almost feel the paper beneath his fingers... Almost taste the dark ink on his tongue as the quote drifted to the fore of his mind. "What hast thou done? thou hast mistaken quite
And laid the love-juice on some true-love's sight."
Laiko felt an uneasy feeling slip like a lead weight into his stomach as a sudden fearful realisation gripped him. Niko was not right for her. He didn't know how he knew, but he could feel it in his bones... Yet even more frightening was the fact that, right there and then, he knew that he would do anything... Anything to keep Niko from hurting her.

((Okay, so he doesn't get jealous, but he does get protective. Razz *nods* Sorry if there are a billion errors... As you know, it's... *glances at clock* *coughs* Early. Wink ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:57 am

Astraia smiled as she spoke. She was glued to his words as he spoke and found herself becoming entiley engrossed into what he was saying. In somewhat way, he was like her, but they both had their entire differences. "I guess if i was the same, i would also not find it boring" She oreturned his smile. "I just guess as i have never had that kind of living, i just cant imagine it" She attempted to imaging her self surrounded by text books, but all she could see was Laiko, she could imagine him, he was that kind of guy, No not a nerd. He was not continuosly studing, it was just what the school's regime had. Astraia had not had that life, when she was young she had gone to a top of the range school. One that you had to pay for. It was a mixed school, but you werent allowed to mix with the guys. The girls were all in lessons together and had there own part of the school, and the same went for the guys. If you were caught mixing there would be no school for you, and you would be kicked out. It was rather a little to strict for kids to be honest, but if she had not gone to that school she wouldnt be who she was now. In a way it helped the way you devolped yourself in the older years of your life. She had a strict upbringing, but had the respect for her parents that most kids nowdays did not have and pretty much running wild. Astraia was nothing like that. In some ways you could call her a posh git. Though she was nothing but that, She had the respect for her parents, had the rich lifestyle, and possibly a pretty darn good upbringing. Her parents left her to do what she wanted, they could trust her to know what was right and what was forbid. Though at some point in her life she got into the wrong crowd of people and ended up in serious trouble. She had been put into a main stream school when she had finished her primary years. Her parents had thought she would do fine, with the school she had been to before hand. But something went wrong somewhere in that line and she had managed to connect with the wrong groups. Though in that she still managed to pass all her lessons with flying colours, possibly the reason for her primary school education. She had been learning that levels of the secondary schools in her primary years, thus making her top of her entire school, since she was the only student that had been to a top school and then gone into a Main stream school. All the rest had been through the same style's of schooling. It had been to much freedom for her and to relaxing for her that she ended up getting into alot of issues. Thus now the reasons for her being homeschooled, by one of the best homeschooling teachers around. She hardly had to do work, since she was atop most levels and the teacher siad she didnt need much schooling and would only come one day a week. Sometimes she even had tought her own teacher something new. He did not realise the reason for this untill he found all the books she had read, and after that he realised her potential and there lessons shorted to that once a week regime where they both sat and tought each other. The teacher mainly came for the enjoyment of having such a young girl to talk to and they could understand each other, that most could not. And sometimes they even spoke latin to each other. Your possibly thinking, Latin! what a language to speak, it is not wiedly spoken anymore. But at the speed Atraia's mind took things in and the speed she could read, she could learn new languages evey month.
Astraia came away from the bland memory of parts of her childhood. Laiko had dragged her out of it as he had suddenly began speaking again. She hoped she had not missed anything of his speech, if she had, she wondered if he would notice it or not. She smiled at watched him closely and tryed to make out she had been with him all the time he had been speaking. "Freedom, or well alot of it is bad in many ways, Routine i like and it keeps you under control, so i suppose in a way my school had been like that of a boarding school" She smiled and began thinking about her schooling again and began speaking out loud almost just to herself "My first school was pretty much a boarding school, routine and kind of a strict policy, just the same but you dont live at school, though you have to pay through the roof for the education.." She suddenly stopped as she mentioned money she thought of Laiko and his nothingness. "Sorry kind of trailed of in my own thoughts there" She smiled apolagetically to him. She managed to catch his last remark. "Ah i feel the same to, though i think it would be in book not sleep. I would spend all my time reading books and never doing anything but that" She chuckled at the resemblences they both held. And at that she knew she could have a friend that would stick by for life.

"Yeah i guess i am well Organised, but if my books werent in this order, i think i would fret over it and end up becoming a crazy person" She laughed and glanced up at Laiko. "yeah it is wow" She gave him a smile, in a way meant that she appriecianted his respect and intrest in just that one book, It was like a dream come to life righ before her eyes. She had met someone that showed the same amount of love for books as she did. She never thought she would meet anyone of the sort. But she had now, she hadnt know him awfully long and yet she felt it had been years. She knew that there friendship would double in strenght over the next week or so, hoping that she would get to see him atleast a few hours a day. Also if her oarents, or well mother, didnt like her seeing him so much and rang the school, she would never see him. She had to find a way to get her mother to agree and allow her to see who this guy really was, and how different he was to the other guys. He was a hell of alot nicer than her ex boyfriend Niko, but her mother didnt see that.
Books deserve nothing but the best, especially when they are rares and valuble" She smiled and felt totally in her own zone when with Laiko, there was something about him that made her feel.. Well lets just say he had a good aura about him, it rubbed of on others aswell. Astraia felt like she was in the same aura as him, that he understood what others couldnt get there heads around. They were both exactly the same, but had there complete opposites at the same time. It was the best way if you were going to have a long friendship with one person, others come and go, but theres always one that sticks around forever, maybe she had found that in him. Astraia leaned on the doors as his words made her feel a little overwelmed. He was right and picked his words just perfectly, it was and amazing feeling he gave from just a few words. "Wow, that was amazing Laiko, you truly are just what you spoke. And i thank you for the kind words of a compliment" She smiled in a slightly giddy yet embarrassed way. He truely did understand the world of the Love of books. "I can see you too feel the same about books, even if you have never really had the chance to read them, it does not matter." She smiled still encaptivated by his words. "That is not an opinion but the words of your heart and soul, You are truley amazing with the way you choose your words. I have a feeling this is going to be the start of an amazing friendship" She gave him a gentle smile. "And i do believe that you would not either, i guess i am just over protective of my books" She smiled as she put them away. "Yes, im glad you do, and i think i got that now, i can see it in your eyes, the passion you have for books" She smiled though it was pointless as she was hiden beneath all the boxes. She popped up at his next words. "Wow, i think i just found a male version of me, I agree deeply. Litrature is just so amazing and even better when it is metaphorical and reading from another persons point of view is even better, to try and get your head around it, the feeling of acomplishing these tasks is just wonderfully amazing" She smiled huge and looked like she was going to cry with happiness. Astraia smiled as he caught the book, in a way she was glad he had managed to catch it, for it was a keepsake and she did love to read that book alot. Yet another of her faves that had torn edges and looked dim from the constant useage from being read and dragged everywhere by her. "I do hope so aswell, atleast then we can talk about it, i ahve wanted to talk to someone about it for so long, and now maybe i can, i have alot to say about it, maybe just even quoting it will relive the couped up words i must voice outloud" She smiled.

Astraia kept her eger eyes on Niko, he always acted so strange around her other friends that were guys. Which was pretty much all ehr friends, so she was used to his actions, though she didnt know how he would react to Laiko, he was much much different to the other guys and Never did Niko feel threatened by them, and today she could sense he felt like he had to impress her more than Laiko did. Niko was going to find that hard, Since Laiko was already growing on her. Astraia already liked him more then her ex boyfriend Niko. Though the only reason they got together was for her Mother. Astraia did like him, but he had no intrest in book and always got bored when that was all she talked about. When around Niko she had to be the person she hated, when being around Laiko she felt at homne and at ease, she could be herself and not someone she wasnt. She saw the tension between Niko and Laiko. Niko hating the sight and guts of Laiko, and Laiko just trying to be kind, trying to get to know one of her good friends. She liked that, he was trying to get to now her more. The way Niko was acting, if he didnt buck up his ideas, she would give him something to be jealous about and just ignore him, only talking to Laiko. Which she would do anyway as she was sorting her books. Niko would help since he was a kind fellow really, but the sight of other guys with her sent him in a jealous craze.
Astraia followed Nikos gazed and found him still clutching hte book she had given him. She dropped Nikos hand and put hers on the railing. She gave Laiko a smile of respect. He had still clutched onto the book, and she like that, he showed an intrest in books. Niko glanced at the thing going on between them, instantly hating hate sight. He knew he would never get Astraia back, not after her meeting someone that showed the same intrest as her. He had no chance now, and mellowed his stance a little. He would still try his best to stop her from seeing him, and try to make this guy feel like he didnt know her. He knew how to make other jealous, but this one was going to be difficult. When she looked at Laiko and the book a part come to mind. 'A sweet-face man; a proper man, as one shall see in a summer's day.'
She sighed, this was just a little to famiular now, the book now seeming much like her life. She suddenly picked up her pace walking up the stairs. Quotes from the book kept coming to mind, she couldnt deal with any of this right now and soon reached her room, Hoping the guys would follow, but not too quickly. The best in this kind are but shadows, and the worst are no worse, if imagination amend them. He rhead still flodding with the endless quotes of the book she had given to Laiko. She thought of Niko and a to true qoute came to mind A lion among ladies is a most dreadful thing. She sighed, whatever was she going to do. She spoke hoping that they had reached the room without Niko murdering Laiko. "Laiko and me were sorting my books, so you will have to endure it and help us also Niko. Sorry but we will talk alot about books, you will just have to try and not get bored" She stated matter of factly and turned hoping to see them standing at the doorway. This was not going to be a fun time. She was glad to see Niko in many ways but one, he was a little too serious and always killed her muse. And Laiko brought it out in her.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:36 pm

Laiko hovered uncertainly at the bottom of the stairs a moment longer, then began following Elora and Niko up, watching his own feet to make sure he didn't lose his balance and possibly slip and fall. Somehow, Niko had the sort of presence that did not make Laiko keen to embarrass himself... In any way. He felt as though he needed to put his best foot forward, yet at the same time, he was always trying his best. He just didn't see the point in making a second-rate effort... Not if he truly cared about the end result, unlike in sport. Laiko was so lost in thought, that he almost didn't realise when he nearly walked into Niko. Thankfully, the boy's shadow falling over him alerted Laiko to the fact the he had not moved. He positioned his feet together on one step, then glanced up at Niko, smiling placidly as the other boy glared icily down at him, clearly enjoying the feeling of superiority that came from being one step higher. "Sorry." Laiko apologised with a kind smile. "I should have waited for you to reach the top first, how very rude of me." He added, quickly retreating down to the bottom and nodding to Niko to gesture that he should continue, yet instead of climbing to the top of the stairs, Niko walked down to Laiko, stopping only when he stood right in front of him, standing intimidatingly close and glaring threateningly down at him. For a moment, Laiko was struck be the absurd notion that perhaps Niko was coming on to him, but he quickly pushed that thought away, struggling not to laugh at the prospect. "Something funny?" Niko asked coldly, clearly noticing Laiko's amusement. As he pictured Niko's reaction of he was to divulge his thoughts, Laiko suddenly found it even more difficult not to laugh. Of course, the laughter was probably mostly from nerves, but that knowledge was of little use to him. "No, nothing's funny, I'm just in a good mood." Laiko replied with a pleasant smile, stepping backward slightly away from Niko. He would not rise to his challenge. "Shall we?" Laiko asked, gesturing toward the stairs. "I think Elora might be waiting for us." He explained with a kind smile, waiting for Niko to lead the way. "You call her Elora?" Niko asked, his eyebrows raised. "Her name is Astraia." He added coolly. "Oh, I know, her mother mentioned it." Laiko assured Niko with a pleasant tone, "Only I think she prefers to be called Elora, so that is what I know her as. Why should a person not shape their own identity?" He asked innocently, his tone implying that he clearly meant no harm. Apparently, his good intentions went amiss, for Niko's chest puffed up defensively as he took offence at Laiko's comments. "You barely know her!" He snapped angrily, "So stop pretending to understand her! Even a blind man could see you're doing it all for show! I can tell you know, she doesn't appreciate liars, and if you hurt her I'll beat you to a pulp, you hear me?" He snarled, stepping closer to Laiko again and glaring at him, brandishing a clenched fist threateningly. "I-I never meant to lie..." Laiko stammered uncertainly. "Honestly, I can't help it I- It's not like I- I mean I w-wouldn't want to-" He broke off his nervous speech as Niko interjected. "Exactly. You don't deny it. So I suggest you get out of here and stop leading her astray." Niko concluded smugly. Laiko's face fell and his shoulders slumped in despair. Perhaps Niko was right... Perhaps that quote he had thought of before did not in fact apply to Niko, but to himself? What if his lies would hurt Elora...? He didn't mean to lie... He would never consciously choose to lie... But sometimes one's words would simply become lies if they could not remember the truth. Yet still, he had felt the makings of a great friendship beginning, and he did not want to throw all that away. No! Why should he throw it all away because of what Niko said? Why should he listen to this puffed-up peacock? "I won't hurt her." Laiko assured Niko, a bright grin splitting his face as he spoke the words with confidence: Suddenly realizing that he believed them. It was true. Apparently, this was not what Niko wanted to hear, for he glared stonily at Laiko before rolling his eyes and stalking up the stairs, grumbling under his breath. Laiko followed placidly, humming cheerfully to himself as he fondly examined the elegant architecture that composed the old house. It really was an amazing place. He enjoyed being inside it... It made him feel distinctly important, in a strange way. Laiko uttered a good-natured chuckle at his own thoughts - not even noticing when Niko glanced back to glare at him. He was simply in too good a mood to let anybody get him down now.

Laiko grinned and raised a hand in greeting as they reached Elora's room, whilst Niko smiled slightly and walked up to her. "That's fine." He assured her, "As long as you're happy - I'm happy."
Laiko grinned at the other boy's affection, half tempted to applaud. He might even have done so, had the book not still been grasped lightly in his hand. Niko really was a good guy... It was no wonder Elora liked him. And he was so protective over her, too... Laiko felt himself warming to the other boy, despite their earlier harsh exchange of words. Yet he still could not help but feel a little suspicious of Niko... There was just something about him... And Laiko couldn't quite work out what it was. "If you two want to go ahead, I'm quite content to watch." He offered with a smile, glancing from Niko to Elora. Surely Niko would want to do this with Elora, seeing as how it was so important to her? He didn't want to get in the way of that. It would be cruel and tactless. The last thing he wanted to do was become the third wheel that would break up a relationship... He didn't mean anybody any harm. He was just enjoying spending time with his new friend...

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:44 am

Astraia was sat with her legs folded onto her bed, when the guys walked in. "Yeah well sometimes in not happy when you are!" She joked and stuck her tongue out at Niko. However she was right, when he was pretty much happy she hated it, they had the complete opposite intrests. But wasnt that supposed to work, as the saying goes, Opposites attract. Well they were wrong, yes she had been together with Niko, but there intrests were too different that it hadnt worked out. Astraia slipped of the bed and stood near the boxes, when Laiko spoke she turned and gave him a wierd look. "What the hell are you talking about, your the one that likes books, Laiko and it would be better if you help, atleast then i can talk about books with you. Niko does not like books" She shook her head to make it seem more final. She glanced at Niko, "Isnt that right, you dont like books?"
Niko shifted uneasily, rubbing the back of his head he spoke "Yea i guess your right there, and you know me too well Astraia, too well" He gave her his cute guy smile. Sje smiled back. "So Laiko shall we pick up were we left of, before we got interupted by Niko at the door" She smiled at Laiko an then gave Niko a playful annoyed look. She laughed and then dissapeared into the boxes.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:21 am

"Ah, all right then." Laiko replied with a laugh, scratching his head awkwardly before walking over to Elora and glancing around at all the many boxes of books with a peacefully content expression - a faint smile lingering on his face. If there was still tension in the atmosphere, he was either ignoring it or did not notice it at all. Probably the latter, since Laiko often tended t be unaware of things that others considered to be 'obvious'. As Mike would have said, he was like an alien among people. Then again, Mike had also been the one to point out that some of the air vents made strange sounds, and even went so far as to suggest that the school was conducting an illegal slave trade through them. Of course, Laiko had been the one to have to drag Mike away when he insisted he was going to crawl around inside the walls until he found a pretty slave girl and rescued her like a damsel in distress. Well... At least it proved that Mike had paid some attention in history class... Nobody seemed to take Mike too seriously any more, except Laiko of course, since he was hopelessly gullible to the point that even Mike's tallest tales could cool him. Chuckling softly at his thoughts, Laiko glanced down at the dusty leather cover of the book he held in his hands. He ran his thumb fondly over the title, brushing away dust to expose the gilded letters that gleamed softly in the faint light. A Midsummer Night's Dream. He smiled softly at the ornate text, before turning his attention back to the conversation, just as Niko was answering Elora. The boy's answer caused Laiko's lips to curve in a smile, for it pleased him to see such honesty and affection. As he regarded Niko with admiration, yet another quote entered his mind. "It's not enough to speak, but to speak true." Laiko said, turning to glance at Niko with a friendly smile. "Your honesty does you credit." He said kindly. With that, he gave one final grin before turning his attention to Elora. "How can I help?" He asked eagerly, his grin widening until his whole face held a bright, joyful expression.

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:02 am

Astraia picked up the last box that contained the readable books. She had moved all the rest to where the guys would be able to reach and lift of. As she was small she could manage to slip between the gaps in the boxes and not get stuck.
Niko glared at Liako's words. What the hell was all that about! His mind kept shouting at him. Laiko was acting a little strange, well to him anyways. There was just something about him that was just not right, but he couldnt just get his head around it. He thought he had a rough idea, but didnt really want to speak his mind on it. He watched Astraia with curious eyes, She had never been that strong before, he thought to himself and his head tiltled slightly to the side as he watched her in utter curiosity.
Astraia suddenly appeared out of the stack carrying two, very heavy boxes. She gave both the guys a smile, and looked like she was sort of able to manage them both, though her arms were beginning to weaken under the pressure of many heavy books. She manged to make her way out from all the boxes when she missplaced her footing and began to wobble. The boxes began to shake and tumble, she tried to catch the boxes, but also stumbled in the process. Astraia hoped one of the guiys would help her, and gave out a wee little squeal of surprise.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:36 am

Laiko was jerked out of his thoughts as he heard Elora squeal - glancing up just in time to see her and the boxes of books wobbling precariously then, as though in slow motion, they all began to fall. Laiko felt himself react before he even had time to think - his body seeming to move of it's own accord as he prepared to dash toward Elora. Only then did he noticed that Niko was moving at the same time. Niko seemed to notice this the same moment he did, and made to shove Laiko away with a snarl. Reacting automatically, he dodged Niko's hand - causing Niko to overbalance and fall over. However, Laiko did not even notice this, for he was trying to work out how he could catch Elora and the books. Thankfully, he did not even need to think about it in the end, for his limbs seemed to react through muscle memory. Laiko threw out one arm to catch Elora as she fell back, grabbing her opposite shoulder to hold her steady, then caught the first box of books on his other hand, wincing as pain shot through his wrist. He then positioned his arm to catch the other box, and an involuntary gasp of pain escaped his lips as the combined weight of both struck him with a shock. Well aware that they'd be unable to balance so precariously for even a second, Laiko lowered them rapidly to the ground. He had absolutely no recollection of having planned any of his actions. This had happened to him before many a time, and though he fully understood why, it was always a strange sensation to have one's body remember something that their mind could not. However, Laiko was also relieved, for all this had taken place in no more than a couple of seconds, and he probably wouldn't have had a chance to think anyway. As he gently dropped the boxes to the ground, Laiko felt something stride the side of his face with the force of a charging rhinoceros. The force of it knocked him right off his feet, actually sending him flying - if for a few centimeters - and he skidded as he hit the ground. Niko now stood behind Elora with a sour expression, one arm wrapped around her shoulders and one drawn back after having punched Laiko. "That- That asshole shoved me away when I was trying to catch you!" Niko growled to Astraia, "You could have got hurt, just because he wants to show off!" He objected, squeezing her shoulders protectively.

Laiko stared up at the ceiling in a daze - for a moment unable to remember where he was or what had happened. He squinted and blinked, trying to bring his spinning world into focus, then slowly tried to push himself up, wincing as he put weight on his injured wrist, then letting out an involuntary yelp as the wincing action caused pain to erupt from his face. He frowned in confusion, pushing himself carefully into a sitting position and rubbing his head as he glanced around in bewilderment.

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:41 am

Astraia closed her eyes as the ground came closer and closer to her face. Was she dreaming or had she not noticed herself hitting the floor through the pain? She opened her eyes to find herself standing, and the boxes on the floor. She felt a hand squeesing her shoulder, a little to hard. "Ouch get of me!" She squealed and slapped the hand away that was gripping to tightly.
Niko's face went from angry to plain and utter horror. He had tryed to save Astraia and she was hitting him away. He hated being unwanted and a cast-off. He stumbled backwards in utter shock of his best friend casting him away. How? Why? She couldnt? rang out threw his mind. His face stricken with the utmost horror. He felt like he wanted to rip his hair out, To punch her.. WHAT...! His mind shouted. He didnt realise untill what made him think that. after he had thought the worst thing ever. He had no recolection of where it had come from, but maybe it was because of the presence of this guy, who so called, Laiko. He couldn't hit her, what was wrong with him. He couldnt be around her and put her in danger he had to leave, or hit something. Then he remembered he had hit something, No, Someone. He had punched Laiko. He almost let out a loud laugh as he could never imagine himself doing that, no matter how much that guy irritated him. He wanted to run, but had no where to run too. Though at the same time, he didnt want to leave Astraia with That guy, who knows what would happen if he did. He satyed and looed rather disheveled, stood far back from Astraia.
Astraia stood in the middle of the two guys. Ignoring them both she rubbed at her shoulder from the pain one had caused her.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:06 am

Laiko stared up at Elora, frowning in vague surprise as she slapped Niko's hand away. Why...? He had just saved her, right? Had he...? Laiko was struggling to remember. He touched his face, and when he lowered his hand, hot rivers of bright crimson trickled over his fingers. He had been hit with such force that the skin over his cheek bone had split. He could already feel his face starting to swell up. He gave a soft sigh at the thought of all the mockery he would get from Mike. Oh well... It was always amusing at first, at least, even if Mike did go on a bit long. As his wits returned to him, Laiko slowly pushed himself to his feet, using the wall for balance. "Sorry..." He mumbled, his words slightly slurred by the swelling to his face. "Did I, uh..." He ran his hands through his hair, frowning as he tried to remember. "Did I get in the way...?" He asked uncertainly, glancing from Niko, who looked utterly horrified, to Elora, who stood with a dignified expression and ignored them both while rubbing her shoulder. Rubbing her shoulder. Laiko's gaze darted to Niko, his eyes suddenly narrowed in suspicion. If he had hurt her... Laiko shook his head, abandoning the thoughts. Niko would never do that, surely...? Then, slowly, Laiko's confusion began to ebb away as he remembered what had happened. Wait... Hadn't he been the one to catch Elora...? Oh hell, he had been... So this was all his fault after all! He should have taken the hint when Niko had tried to shove him and just kept out of the way, but he hadn't, and then Niko had got angry and... Laiko touched a hand to his face at the thought. Well, now he had something a little bigger than a slap to complain about. Honestly, what was it with everybody hitting his face?! Couldn't they just go for a- a shoulder or something? Really... But wait, what was he thinking? That wasn't the point... "Elora, are you okay?" He asked quietly, finding it slightly easier to form his words properly now that he was thinking clearly. He watched her with concern for a moment, then forced himself to glance at Niko. "Hey, Niko, I'm sorry man. This was my fault - I should have just got out of the way... So thanks for setting me straight." He attempted a grateful smile, but only ended up giving a pained grimace as his split cheek protested bitterly to the action.

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:06 pm

Elora didnt take a single glance around at the guys. He mind blank and empty. She still didnt even know what had happened. To her it seemed distant and non excistent. She made her way slowly at a walk into the boxes. Only her muscels reacting not her brain. Robot like. She disapeared into the jumble mound of boxes, not to be seen from anyone at any angle. She was small and petite so could fit through the gaps that most people could not. She situated herself on the wooden floors, pulling her knees to her chest and rested her chin. This was not supposed to be happeneing. Her and Niko were over, and long ago at that also, she never even really liked him. She was only with him for her mothers sake. And now he was acting like she was his property and no one else could touch her unless he agreed to it. She felt like he was using her like they do animals in zoos, for entertaining perpose only. You could look at the animals, but not touch them, for you would be entering a dangerous zone. Just like Niko was with her. She didnt want that, she dispised it. If he wasnt such a loyal family friend then she would have gotten ridence of him years ago.

Niko glared at Laiko, though he did not find words to speak. He just stood and glared. Though strangely enough he had his hands raised infront of him. He was submitting? that was not like Niko, not when he truely cared for one so much that he hurt her. He really was not acting right, this was not him. He was usually the kind and caring that got jealous of other guys, but usually just looked over the fence. Finally he spoke "You are not the one to be sorry, i made the mistake here. You went to save her and I didnt like it much anf tried to push you away" he voice bland and full of no emotion. And at that he turned and walked back out the hall and down the stairs. He didnt know what he was going to do. Would he leave? Should he leave? no he couldnt not without saying good bye to the Nolan's and Astraia. He turned away swiftly from the front door and headed towards the rooms downstairs, hoping to find the Nolans and possibly make some talk.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:14 pm

((Sorrry Deshy - MSN spazzed. -_- I don't really have time to reply now... Will try at least make a start on it before going to bed though. Razz Depending on how long the homework takes, I may stand a chance... Wink ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:07 pm

Laiko opened his mouth to object to Niko's apology, but before he could even begin to do so, the other boy had left. So quick bright things come to confusion. How was he to know it would have ended like this...? That one simple moment, so quick, so thoughtless, so futile... Yet in the head of it all, he had caused naught but trouble and inconvenience for Elora, not to mention her family and friends. It seemed to him that he had taken advantage of their hospitality for far too long, and that he was now simply trespassing where his presence was denied. As such, it was but a matter of time before he overstayed his welcome and was chased away by a hard-bristled broom. Yes, it was indeed his time to leave, for even if what Niko said was true, he was certain that he, too, had been at fault. He had meddled where he ought not to have, and had disgraced himself accordingly. The best in this kind are but shadows, and the
worst are no worse, if imagination amend them.
Yes... He and Niko were both at fault, yet Niko had more right than he himself did. Thus - it was time for him to make his abrupt departure, and merely hope that perhaps fate's twisted path might bring about a second a meeting of Elora and himself, and that perhaps somehow the lips of destiny might breathe a life-giving breeze to rekindle the flame of friendship that had sparked between them, but that had no doubt now been crushed to smouldering ashes by his own impudence.
Drawing in a deep breath, Laiko released it in a shuddering sigh before shuffling tentatively toward Elora, peering down into what seemed a valley nestled in mountains to catch sight of her curled up amongst the boxes. "Elora, I'm sorry..." He murmured quietly, his emerald-bright eyes trailing away to fix upon a speck of dust on the ground some distance away. "Though I meant no harm, my actions wee careless." He admitted in a quiet tone - the note of dignity in his voice clearly exposing the fact that he had no intention of shirking his consequences or denying that he deserved them - though his face did throb with an awfully sickening pulse, and his gums felt raw and foreign beneath the hot swelling. "It's late." He mumbled evasively, raising his arm and glancing briefly at his watch, his eyes tracking the ticking movement of the second hand as it mimicked the sands in an hourglass with its innocently ticking rhythm. "I should leave, or I'll not be back to the school in time..." He muttered, glancing away again and scratching his head awkwardly - his fingers vanishing amongst thick golden strands of his hair, leaving it in rather a mess, though a casually handsome one at that. "Once again, it was an honour to have met you and your family both." Laiko concluded with a kind smile. "I hope to have the pleasure of repeating it some day." He concluded politely, nodding briefly to her in a somewhat formal farewell before turning away - departing toward the door. He had lingered too long... Had he not the sense to evade a conflict that had seemed inevitable since the moment Niko had stepped through the door? He should have known better. He should have avoided it...
Laiko raised a fist to his face, and softly wiped the thickly oozing blood from his face with the back of his hand - ignoring the painful protests from his swollen face. He sighed softly, then glanced at his watch once more. He hadn't time to linger. Laiko closed his eyes and stood with statue-like serenity for a moment, then reopened them and, with a deep breath, extended his hand toward the door handle.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next