Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deshy, Polo and thier army of evil kittys

2 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Deshy, Polo and thier army of evil kittys  - Page 4 Empty Re: Deshy, Polo and thier army of evil kittys

Post  Deshychan Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:10 pm

Astraia gave a solomfully smile after having clutched her ribs. They must have broken from her fall, or just badly bruised. She placed her ting hand inside of Laikos's much bigger pffered hand of support. "NO i am not a baby, but thnaks for the offer, i will try my best at walking, i am glad you okay" She looked up at him and smiled. She gently pushed herself up of the ground and slowly made up into a standing position. She swayed on her feet from the sudden rush of blood and oxygen to her head and almost felt compelled to sit down again. She held her stance strong and waited for it to subside. It passed over like a short wave and she soon found her feet, though still slightly wobbly from the shock, but standing. She glanced at Laiko and smiled and then focused onto the floor again, making sure she was not going to trip over her own feet. Suddenly she came stricken with fear. She glanced at Laiko her face full of worry and plead. "Please, anywhere safe but my home, my Parents will blame you for this." She let go of Laiko feeling somewhat stronger all of a sudden. "Please just anywhere but mine" He face dropped with sadness. Her strength had come and gone like a shooting star in the sky. She collapsed on the floor feeling the whole wrath of the previous ordeal, and more so.
Deshychan
Deshychan

http://viceroybutterfly.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Deshy, Polo and thier army of evil kittys  - Page 4 Empty Re: Deshy, Polo and thier army of evil kittys

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:28 pm

"Sorry." Laiko murmured with a faint smile. He knew all too well that he tended to worry too much, and perhaps become a little over-protective and patronising at times, and he was glad that Elora had reminded him of it. It was easy to accidentally insult people when you tried too hard to protect them... But that was not the point, he could not get sidetracked now.
He gently placed a hand on Elora's shoulder to hold her steady, standing close and preparing to catch her should she fall, but she stood firm without his help and kept her balance, despite the obvious struggle she was having to go through to do so. Laiko admired her courage, so he did not interfere with her efforts. Then, suddenly, a thought seemed cross her mind, and as she fixed him with a panic-stricken expression, Laiko felt as though he's received a physical blow. Who cares?! Let them blame me! What's important is getting you to safety as soon as possible! Laiko bit his lip to keep the words inside, and instead watched in concerned silence as she pulled away from him, muttered another feeble protest, and dropped to the ground. He dropped to his knees beside her and wrapped an arm around her shoulders - offering comfort the only way he knew how. "It's okay. It's fine." Laiko reassured her soothingly, "I don't mind if they blame me, but if you insist, then we must quickly find somewhere else to take you. Do you know anywhere? Or do you have your cell phone with you? Perhaps I can call an ambulance for you - and the police as well, for that matter." He refrained from making a mention to the unconscious man beside them, for he did not want to make Elora any more riled up than she already was. "It'll be okay." He repeated gently, rubbing her back. "We'll be all right."
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:45 pm

"No it not be your fault, i didnt mean to snapp like that anyways." she gave him a solumful smile as she sat on the floor. When she felt the warmth of Laiko's arm around her shoulders she relaxed and slightly leaned on him. She carfully moved a single strand form her face and looked up into Laiko's forst green eyes, becoming trapped like a rabbit in a headlight. "I guess.." She paused and looked at the ground, feeling rather ashamed at haveing to ask "..Maybe it would be best if you carried me" She looked up at him her face truly reveiling how tired she really was. "I am much weaker and tired than i did believe so" She gave him a half smile and looked at the floor. His nexts words suddenly made her head snapped upright. What!? NO he couldt no. just no! Astraia went into panic mode and tryed her best at standing and moving away from Laiko, and the best she could manage was a weak and unsucsessful scrable away. She slumped her shoulders. "No i dont need an ambulance, it will make matters a whole lot worse, and i dont like them" She pulled her legs close to her chest and began shivering at the thought of having to go in an Ambulance. "Home" she sighed the word softly. "Take me home please" her voice went quite and almost non exsistent. She didnt look at Laiko when she had spoken, she did not feel up to it. "I dont have my phone sorry" She spoke softly with a sorrowful tone and sat there with her legs pulled close and chin resting on her knees as she tryed to clear her mind of the awful memories.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:04 pm

Laiko gently returned her smile, his expression still apologetic despite her words. He was glad when he felt her lean against him - happy to have managed to relax her just a little. He watched her with a pleasant gaze as she stared at him for a moment before glancing away and starting to speak. "Of course." He murmured quietly, "You are in shock, so it's understandable." He consoled her, his face slipping once more into its permanent smile. However, next thing he knew she was scrambling away from him, and Laiko's smile faltered, his face falling. He quickly shifted backwards, moving away from her for fear he'd done something wrong. He raised his hands in a gesture of submission as she began to insist that she didn't need the ambulance. "Hey, hey, it's all right." He soothed, creeping gradually closed and tentatively touching her shoulder. He winced as he felt her shivering beneath his fingers, and was visited by a sudden urge to kick himself for his careless words. "Yes... We'll take you home." He promised quietly, though in contradiction to his words, he sat down beside her - staying near her, but removing his hand from her shoulder. Somehow he sensed that it would be wiser to offer company than comfort at this point. "What's wrong?" He asked gently, watching the ground before him so she did not feel inclined to meet his eyes - thus lessening the pressure upon her. It seemed his words had hit some sort of nerve, and though he felt incredibly guilty for it, there was nothing he could do but try to offer some solace now that the damage was done. She was upset, she was in shock, she was vulnerable. Every step he took he was treading on thin ice, and he didn't want to hurt her any more than he already had. He only hoped that she would be okay. He didn't care what happened to him... Check that, of course he cared, since his entire life would probably crash before his eyes in a few moments - what with Elora's parents probably freaking out and probably phoning the school - probably causing him to lose his scholarship, and with it, his only place to live and the only people who cared about him - besides Elora - who he definitely would not be able to see anyway, sine he doubted her parents would allow it... But he would not think on that gloomy topic. He would not allow himself to... Not until Elora was safe and happy. Nothing else was as important as that. The rest would all fall into place... Somehow.

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:41 am

Astraia shook her head from side to side at his question. She didnt want to talk, not about that anyway. It was too much for her to handle being so tired and weak. He would have to wait until the right time. And when that right time was she did not know herself. She closed her eyes as if to rid the memory from her mind. She did not need those memories to come back, not now, not ever. She had only just gotten over the effect they had caused her, and becoming happy once again. As long as Laiko did not insist on finding out what had suddenly caused her to panic and freak out, she would and could forget it and just be content again. She looked at Laiko to find him sat close to her again, but he was looking to the ground. She took a deep breath and shoved the panic into a box to be forgotten. She centered her spirt and soul and calmed herself down. She placed her small delicate hand on his shoulder. "Hey im okay, just dont like ambulances thats all" She gave a half smile, almost grimmace, hoping he would just take that and leave the rest. "Im sorry if i scared you" her voice soft and near inaudiable. "Can we just go home please?" Even though it was not Laiko's home aswell he would surely understand what she meant. She placed her forhead onto her knees and then leaned against Laiko. She was so tired she felt like just curling up and going to sleep right there, right now. As long as Laiko was with her she knew no harm would come to her.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:08 am

Laiko glanced up as he felt her hand on his shoulder, slightly surprised from the gesture. Somehow, he had expected her to sooner shove him away than to actually attempt to comfort him. Though he hardly needed comfort, since his only worry was over her distress, he appreciated the gesture all the same, and he could not deny that it made him feel a lot better. Okay... So Maybe he had needed comfort, but he hadn't been aware of that fact until she had offered it. Wow, things could get confusing when one did not truly know oneself... And with his circumstances, how could he? "That's good to hear." Laiko murmured softly in response to her words when he finally registered what Elora had said. He returned the gesture of her smile, though at the sight of her grimace his own expression became more subdued. Enough messing around already... He shook his head at her next words, brushing off the apology without comment, and replied instead to her final question. "Of course." He murmured gently. He put an arm around her shoulders and gave her a light squeeze, then pushed himself to his feet. He wrapped his arm around Elora's shoulders and carefully helped her to her feet. Once he had managed to get her standing and was satisfied that she was steady, he lifted her gently into his arms and began to walk back toward the house. She was so light, it almost made him feel a little nervous... So though if he were to drop her, she would shatter. She was so precious, so important, yet seemingly so fragile... Laiko shook off the thought, mentally scolding himself for his own foolishness. He was just being paranoid and overprotective. Elora could stand up for herself - of course she could. She was not some prissy little princess, nor was she some fragile piece of china that could so easily shatter. He was not going to start making the mistakes he had scorned Niko for. He needed to get a grip on his thoughts. His worry was running away from him. Laiko raised his gaze, his eyes back to their usual bright emerald-green colour. The door was almost in sight now, and he found himself wondering vaguely if he would end up spending the night in prison after Elora's parents called the police on him. He didn't think he'd like prison much... He'd heard that the inmates could be violent, and though he was rather good at it, Laiko absolutely hated fighting.

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:30 pm

When she felt him squeeze her arm she glanced up at him. She reluctantly allowed him to pull her to her feet and then be carried. She put one arm aroun him so she felt more secure and that she was definatly not going to fall. She looked at him as he carried her home. His facial features soft but full of concentration. His amazing green eyes stood out the most, though he wasnt even looking at here she could still see there amazing colour. She felt slightly strange being carried, but in some ways enjoyed it. A thought then crossed her mind. "What happened to the attacker? And how did you manage to get him to realse me?" She looked at his face as she spoke. She shifted her weight slightly in his arms. They soon reached her house, her heart began racing, this was it, the big moment of truth. What were her parents going to say? Had they even known she left? If so had they worried about her? Maybe they didnt even know and she would get past them without being seen. Though she would have to find them to explain about Laiko not being able to get back into school and that he would have to spend the night at theirs. "Dropp me here please" she spoke softly up at Laiko as they reached the gate to the house. She gently dropped to her feet still clutching laiko and then let go of him as she found her feet. She smiled up at Laiko "Thanks" She wanted to hug him, but if her parents happebned to walk by one of the windows - that looked out over the road and the front garden- they would make her come in. She would then possibly never see Liako again, her mother didn't even like the fact they were friends. And if she caught her hugging him she would end up on house arrest for pretty much the whole of her life. She storlled slowly up the path and reached the front door, Laiko followed shorty behind her. She turned to him as she placed her hand on the door handle "This is it, the moment of truth. I hope your ready for what might come next" She opened the door and walked in, straight into the path of Niko who was leaving.
Niko gave a look of utter horror at the state of Astraia, and his eyes went straigh to Laiko. he growled under his breath, pushed Astraia out of the way, gently and shoved Laiko out the door, and followed him out shutting the door behind him. Niko slammed Laiko into the ground "What ahve you done!" he growled at him, meaning to Astraia. "What did you do to her!" he shouted at him.
Astraia sighed and struggled to open the door. She was not up for breaking up a fight if it came to that, and knowing the look on Nikos face, thats what would happen. What had happened to her parents? where they to busy to care about her? or the fact that to adolesance gusy were possibly fist fighting on their lawn. They could possibly too busy or out in the back garden, if that so then they would not here them.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:26 pm

Laiko glanced at Elora as she spoke, frowning slightly in contemplation before hesitantly answering her question. "Some form of pressure point fighting... I think." Laiko explained, chuckling softly at his vague description. "I robbed him of the use of his right arm, then knocked him out using a point at the base of his head. He's still there - unconscious. We'll need to call the police as soon as we can..." Laiko trailed off as they reached the door, and he gently deposited Elora on the doorstep at her say-so. He nodded in response to her thanks, returning hr smile with full-blown sincerity. He was finally getting a hold of himself now, and was thus acting less out-of-character. This relieved him greatly. But his relief was short-lived, for Elora's next words robed him of it quicker than a cat burglar could scale a wall. "I'm ready." He murmured softly, bracing himself for whatever was coming. Of all the possibilities he had considered and anticipated, what happened next was not one of them. Niko emerged and, after staring in open-mouthed horror at Elora for a moment, lunged toward him like a wounded elephant. Laiko obediently allowed himself to be shoved out of the house, flashing Elora a brief, reassuring smile that clearly stated he didn't mind all this one bit - before the door suddenly slammed in his face and cut off his gaze. He shifted his attention to Niko then, watching him warily. Next thing he knew, Niko had tackled him with the force of a charging bull. He grunted as he hit the ground hard - Niko's bulk on top of him instantly knocking the breath from his lungs - winding him. Laiko gasped and spluttered, spitting out a mouthful of blood to clear his airway as best he could - though that didn't help much when there was no air left in his lungs. He had always hated getting winded... It was one of the reasons he never enjoyed rugby. He hated being tackled... That non-breathing sensation it gave was too much like that time... Laiko suppressed a shudder at the thought, then returned his attention to Niko as he felt his head slammed against the ground again. Niko was now demanding to know what he had done. Well, that was not entirely unexpected... He had showed up with Elora barely able to stand - and wounded... It was only natural that Niko should be protective. But this put him in quite a predicament, because with Niko's weight crushing the air out of him, he could not reply to his questions. Coughing again, Laiko attempted to sit up, but Niko was holding him firmly down. He submitted without complaint to the pressure, and simply stared calmly up at Niko - his bright green eyes showing naught but the sort of complete innocence one usually only finds in an infant. Though in a way, that made sense... "I-" Laiko attempted to speak, but his voice failed him. He coughed again, then managed to draw in a shuddering breath. "I- I did what I could at the time." Laiko explained hoarsely, still slightly breathless, "I know I didn't do a great job, but I managed to stop the bleeding... And I was about to find her something for the shock..." Laiko went on, coughing at regular intervals. It seemed he had somewhat misunderstood the question. Perhaps one with such innocent intentions simply could not comprehend the fact that another might suspect him of intentionally harming Elora... As such, he answered the question that his innocent ears heard, and replied in kind - explaining exactly what he had done for Elora. Then again, it happened relatively often that Laiko would not understand the sorts of simple, everyday things that other people couldn't miss - like the fact that Niko was actually blaming him, for instance. Ordinarily, the accusatory tone and 'understated' tackle would have made that crystal clear, even if the words did not... Which they actually kinda did.

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:20 pm

Astraia managed to open the door. But she was a little to late, they had already satrted brueling on the ground. She ran towards the as fast as her tiny legs could carry her. There were a few patches of blood on the ground, all belonging to Laiko. This angered her deeply. He hadnt even done wrong and Niko was already punching his lights out. Niko was the one who was wrong here. She made out to seperate them, but found it hard to breath. She gasped for air like a fish out of water, clucthing her chest she buckled at the waist, trying to stop the stabbing pain. "S.." she tried to speak but her words just didnt form from the lack of air in her lungs. Her vision began to blotch out. Soon engulfed in blackness.
Niko stormed at Laiko like an angry bull to the bull fighter. He grabbed him up by his shoulders in a bone crunching grip. Niko had no hold of his strength and when it came to fiting, he did so dirty. He was wild and out of control. Not thinking clear. "I bet you did this do her didnt you?!" he shouted at him, completely ignore his attempts to say that he had tried to save her, that he was the one who found her, and brough her back to safty. "You. Will. Pay!" Niko fumed. He clenched his fist and smacked it straight into Laiko's pretty boy face.
Astraia's vision came back and she gasped for air. Air ran down her throat coating the sides and filling her lungs, with a fresh taste. She opened her eyes to see Niko punch Laiko in the face, his arm recoiled and went in for another punch, as if Laiko was not human, but his punching bag. Astraia screamed at the top of her lungs and ran between them. He small frail figure stood just above the height of Niko's arm. She hoped he could see her as for he was not looking at her but Laiko. She pressed her back close to Laiko as if she were going to protect him. Niko's hand started to move forward, his mucsle's straining against the force behind it. Astraia closed her eyes, she knew this was going to end badly and did not want to watch. It seemed to take forever for his fist to collide with her face. Everything moved in slow motion.
Niko's fist collided with a face. But not the one he had intended on punching. Where had she come from! his face struck with utter horror as he saw he had hit Astraia, and Not Laiko. He dropped Laiko on the floor and back off. Astraia lay in a heap on the floor, blood pouring from her nose and cracked lip.
Astraia glanced at Niko with furry and then scrambbled over to Laiko.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:59 pm

Laiko's face twitched as Niko grabbed his shoulders - but he managed to fight the urge to wince. He did not fight back - did not even try - but simply stood with dignity and accepted his punishment - even though his could feel his own skin splitting and ripping away with each blow. He felt the hot blood trickling from his face, yet he made no move to stop it. He stood tall, and focused all his attention on resisting the urge to flinch. Next thing he knew Niko was yelling again, but Laiko didn't bother to try to calm him. It would be bad for him to keep this anger in... He'd rather wait for Niko to let it all out before trying to explain again. If he could speak with the swelling in his face, of course... Then, suddenly, Niko's fist collided with Laiko's face again, and for a moment blackness obscured his vision and stars popped before his eyes. For one sickening moment he thought he was going to lose consciousness, but then a scream broke through his thoughts. Elora? His head jerked around like a yoyo on a string as he glanced at her. "Elora-" He began, but before he could say anything, she had leaped in front of him. Laiko quickly made to shove her away, but he was dizzy and it slowed his reflexes. "Niko! Watch-" He began yelling out a warning, but he was too late. Laiko could only watch with horror as Niko's fist slammed into Elora's face. Laiko instantly dived to the floor - ignoring his own injuries as he knelt beside her and watched her with concern - glad to see that she was still conscious. He placed a comforting hand on her shoulder as she scrambled closer to him, and turned his own gaze toward Niko. He watched the boy for a moment, his jaw clenched, then he gave Elora a soft pat on the shoulder "Thanks." He murmured quietly, then got to his feet, walking toward Niko. "Listen..." He began quietly, his tone surprisingly gentle and understanding. He spat out a mouthful of blood, then continued with clearer speech, "You can't go on like this, Niko." He stated firmly. He didn't care if Niko beat him to a pulp for this - he needed to hear it. "You've got anger management problems, mate. You won't be able to live wit yourself if you keep doing this..." Laiko shook his head, the grabbed a piece of paper and a pen from his pocket and quickly scrawled out a number. "His name is Dr. Prinsloo, and he can help you." Laiko promised quietly. "You'll be okay." He added reassuringly, clapping Niko on the shoulder before turning and heading back to Elora. "Come on." He murmured gently, kneeling next to her and offering to lift her to her feet. "Let's get you cleaned up." He added tenderly, gently brushing her hair away from her bloodied face.

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:22 pm

Astraia clucthed on Laiko's arm as he comforted her. But he suddenly disapeared, leaving her arm to flop to the floor. She watched in bemusement as he strolled causually over to Niko. She sat on the floor waiting to see what he was going to do. Astraia wiped her hand across her face. As she pulled it away she glanced at it covered in her own blood. She sighed and wiped her arm on the grass. Her face throbing form the impact.
Niko watched Astraia in utter horror. He had just hit one of his best friends in the face, and a girl at the same time. He was screwed up big time. He noticed Laiko encroaching onto him and her glared with anger at the guy. This was his fault he had hit Astraia and not him. She had protected him from himself, all because this guy was leading her on. He growled under his breath and stalked towards him. He stopped just infront of him. and this guy began to speak to him. "HA!" he laughed in his face and knocked the paper out his hands. "This Is your fault!" he got all up in Laikos face and jabbed a finger into his chest and then push him aside.
Niko softened his face and glided over to Astraia. "Im sorry" he spoke sincerly and scooped her up of the ground. "lets get you inside". He began walking towards the house.
Astraia could not object before she was scooped up. "Noo!" she screamed, thrashed in his arms and slammed her fists onto his chest. "Get Of Me!" she shouted still thrashing about. Niko dropped her at her sudden rejection to him. His face went black with horror and destrought. He stared at her in utter bewilderment. "Leave Now!" Astraia pointed away from the house and shouted at Niko. "I dont Ever want to see you here again. I mean it. Now Leave!" She carried on shouting at him. She let out a frustrated scream and kicked at the ground, turned away and glanced up at Laiko. He spoke soft words to her, his voice calming her down. As he moved a strand of hair from her face she smiled softy re-opening the crack on her lip. A small drop of blood gently creeped out and slowly ran down her chin. "I think we both need to clean up" she said with a slightly harsh tone, still annoyed with Niko's actions. Astraia grabbed Laiko by the wrist and made her way to the house.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:17 pm

Laiko let out an involuntary grunt of pain as Niko jabbed him hard where his chest was already tender and badly bruised from the beating he had received moments earlier. He stumbled out of Niko's way as he was pushed aside, standing back and watching warily as Niko attempted to lift Elora into his arms. Bad idea. Elora seemed to completely flip her top, and for the next few moments Laiko simply stared in bewilderment as she ranted and raved at him. He had never seen her angry like that before... Of course, he felt guilty for getting in between her and Niko, but at the same time, Niko had hit her... Maybe it had been his fault, but the guy was possessive, and he had anger problems. It would have happened at some stage anyway... Perhaps it was better that Elora got away from all that now... He made his way over to her after a while and tentatively returned her smile. His own beaten face twinged with pain at the action, but it would have been far more painful not to do it... Noticing the drop of blood creeping down her chin, Laiko tenderly swept it away with his finger. "Yes... Perhaps you're right." Laiko replied with a soft smile. He could already feel his own face swelling into a black eye, and he could feel the sickening trickles of blood going in more directions than he could be bothered to count. His shoulders ached from Niko's grip, but worst of all was probably his chest. Still, he could deal with it. He couldn't deny that he deserved the punishment, so he would accept it without complaint. Laiko glanced down as Elora grabbed her wrist, and followed placidly as she lead him toward the house. He glanced back over at Niko as he walked away. "It might have been my fault..." He began sombrely, "But that doesn't change the fact that anger like that isn't doing you any favours. Is it really worth it, Niko? Throwing away your whole future for your pride?" His bright green eyes dated to Niko's for a moment, and they showed naught but a sincere and innocent concern. He genuinely wanted to help Niko. He genuinely held no grudge or bitterness, even after being beaten black and blue. His only objection was that he didn't want to entrust Elora's safety to Niko in his current state. Anger could be a dangerous thing... Niko had just proved that. Laiko only hoped he would learn from it... He was only hurting himself, and Laiko simply hated to see anybody hurt. He shrugged slightly and offered Niko a small smile, since the state of his face would not allow much else, then he turned back to Elora and watched stride with her until they reached the front door.

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:02 am

The door opened before them. Astraia's Dad stood tall in the door frame. He looked at Astraia, instantly noticing the dried blood that covered her face. "What in the world is going on, Astraia Elora Nolan?" Astraia knew at that instant her dad was a little angry at her. She dear loved her father for he was not as strict as her mother. She glanced at her feet and then up to her father. "Well Niko kinda went on a craze and attaked Laiko, I tried to break it up and he punched me in the face by accident." She looked away instanly affraid of what her Father would do next. He completely shocked her, with what he did. He rolled up his sleeves and glared at Niko. "No one, whether it be by accident or not, No one punches my Daughter!" Astraia could help but laugh at him. She dropped Laikos wrist and threw her arms around her fathers neck. Astraias father instantly dropped his fume at Niko and wrapped his arms around her stroking her hair. "Thank you, but there is no need to sort him out. I think i may have hurt him enough" She let go of her dad, smiled shyly and glanced at Laiko. Astraia's father noticed the ripped shirt on Laiko and then at Astraia's arm. "I thought you said he punched you in the face?" He father questioned her and pointed at her shoulder, bandaged in part of Laiko's shirt. Astraia glanced at what he was pointing to, her face became crushed with confusion. Where had that come from? "Ermm i cant say i noticed that myself" She blocked out her Father and turned to Laiko. "say do you do this?" poiting at her shoulder with a confused and questioning look. "Astraia Elora Nolan is there something your hiding from me?" her fathers voice rang out clear and informative. Her cheeks flushed and she took a step back. "That i blacked out when Niko punched me in the face perhaps, and didnt notice the cut" she shrugged her shoulders, not wanting to mention the attack. Pain and panic strickened her face at the horrid memory. "Please can you leave us be and let us go get cleaned up?" She asked hoping to shoot away quickly. "Oh yes, Yes indeed dear." He made an about turn but paused in step. "JUst dont get blood everywhere, you know what you mother will say. Keep it clean and unoticable please. Though i am going to have to tell her, its not like she wont notice dear" And with that he disapeared again. Astraia sighed and turned to Laiko. "Shall we head upstairs and get cleaned up" She slapped herself in the face, forgetting about her injuerys. "Ahh man, i forgot to mention about you satying here, will have to do that later." she have spoke to herself, but also to Laiko at the same time.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:39 am

Laiko hung back as the door opened, awkwardly studying the ground beneath his feet. He winced and cringed away at the hash note in Elora's father's voice. It shocked him, even though it was not unexpected. The man was so kind and level-headed, that it seemed strange and foreign to hear that harsh tone leaving his lips. Of course, he knew as well as anybody that deep-set concern could alter one's personality without their agreement. He shuddered slightly, keeping himself as small and unnoticeable as he possibly could whilst Elora spoke with her father. He glanced up at the man's protective words, a soft smile of admiration flickering at his lips as he saw the man rolling up his sleeves with a grim expression on his face. He must really love Elora... That was good. She deserved no less. He wondered vaguely if his own father would have done the same for him... He honestly could not even guess. All he knew of his parents was that they hadn't been there since before the start... They were probably dead, but he couldn't really miss what he'd never known, so he didn't let it get to him. His smile widened and he chuckled softly as Elora hugged her father. He would probably have done the same. He glanced away then, noticing Elora's apparent embarrassment and not wanting to add to it. He was feeling a little embarrassed himself, what with seeming so awkward and out-of-place, not to mention looking a complete mess. He glanced up again as Elora questioned him. "I did." He replied simply, unwilling to say more while he was still uncertain where he stood. He shifted uncomfortably as Elora avoided mentioning the attack to her father, but he followed her as she stepped through the doorway all the same, though still keeping uncharacteristically quiet, since he wasn't sure what to say. "Oh, yeah..." He replied as she mentioned that she had forgotten to mention his staying there. "You don't think they'll mind will they...? I mean, I obviously don't want to stick around if it's going to be a problem... I think I've messed up enough already!" He admitted with a laugh, reaching up to scratch the back of his head, but wincing as his shoulder muscle twinged, and choosing to let his arm hang at his side instead.

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:40 pm

Astraia glanced with uncertainty look upon her face at Laiko. Was it her, or was he acting rather funny? She mentaly shook that away from her mind and concentrated on the here and now. "Of course it will be fine, why wouldnt it be? And if my mum dont like it then i will just make her like it" at that she turned and strolled, rather annoyed up the stairs. Niko had really made he snap, breaking her happy days back into the depressed, like he had done to her before. If anyone just slightly ticked her of she would snapp at them so easily. Just like she had done to Liako moments agai. Though she dear hope he would not leave. She felt like having is presence, for some reason he seemed to kinder her low spirits and calm her soul. But there was something off about him. She dared look behind, and dear hoped he would follow her, though she spoke just incase he did not follow straigh away. "Going to my room" she spoke as she got to the top of the stairs and then disapeared down the hall. She pushed open the door to her room and strolled right on over into the bathroom. Astraia glanced into the morrio, to see a face covered in blood to be reflected back. She proded at the cuts across her cheek, sighed and slammed open the medical cupboard. She let out a frustrated sigh and slammed both hands either side of the cupboard. She let out another frustrational sigh and punched herself away from the wall. To only place both hands on the other side of the wall and slammed her head against the wall.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:17 pm

Laiko shrunk away from Elora as he sudden anger swept over him. He didn't know where it had come from or why, but somehow that snappish tone coming from her of all people was like a dagger between his ribs. He quickly shook off the thoughts, ashamed to have to remind himself that this was not about him. Sheesh, he could be so selfish sometimes... He shook his head, then quickly jogged up the stairs after Elora. He paused after a few steps, clutching at the banister as sudden dizziness paralysed him. A wave of nausea swept over him, and for one awful second he thought he would be sick, but then the moment passed, and he made his way gingerly up to the top of the stairs. Stupid thing to do, really... Jogging up a flight of stairs after taking a violent beating... But that was typical of him, really. Somehow he just never expected injuries to affect him. He accepted them without complaint, but only afterwards did he seem to realise that they would last longer than just the initial blast of pain. Okay, so he had made some stupid decisions, but now was not a time to dawdle. Elora was upset, and he wanted to see if he could do anything to fix that. He rapped his knuckles lightly against the door as he reached her room - only to see Elora punching herself away from the wall. His expression shifted instantly into a deep frown, and he strode briskly across the room toward her. Next thing he knew, she had her hands rested against the wall. Guessing at her intentions, Laiko's frown deepened and a low growl escaped his throat as he covered the final distance between them in a dash. He slid to a stop close behind her, and his arm darted around her, his palm catching her forehead as she made to slam it against the wall. He felt a slight stinging in his hand at the impact, but he disregarded it. "Not on my watch." He growled softly, a slight tremor to his voice. He hesitantly removed his hand from her forehead and tentatively wrapped his arm around her in what he hoped was a comforting half-hug. "It's okay, Elora." He murmured quietly, patting her shoulder softly. "It's okay." He repeated.

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:11 pm

Astraia shrunk into the familar arms and let herself go. Tears ran down her face, making a clean path threw the encrusted blood stains. Astraia half collapsed into his arms, using only his stable legs to support herself. Putting all her weight in the one hand on his shoulder. She didnt understand why she was so upset. This was not like her, well not the her, now. In the past yes she was pretty much always like this. She was torn apart. Yet somehow she had managed to find both the pieces and stick them back together. Though the substance she used must have worn off, for she felt like her old self again. Torn in two. And why did Laiko have to be there, she wanted to headbutt the wall, but No! he had to turn up just at the right, but wrong, time and stop her from doing so. She istanly felt the frustration level rising again. It suddenly faulter and dithered down. Laiko had spoke causing her frustration to dither. He. was. Soothing her! now that really shocked the hell out of her mind, like a furious earthquake splitting open the ground, and the earth trembling under the impact. She dare speak for if she did, she may say the wrong thing, or something would slip out that was bad, that she would not be able to take back. though she managed to say one small word. "Thank you" she spoke so softly that it would have been silent for if he was further away.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:27 pm

Laiko tightened his grip on Elora as he suddenly felt her collapsing against him. He wrapped both arms around her and held her gently, His hand travelling up and down her back in soft, soothing strokes as he felt the shuddering of her silent sobs. It was perfectly understandable... The shock - it affected people more than they knew. Even he had felt near tears for a moment when he had seen what Elora was about to do. That was typical of him... The only things that ever worried Laiko, were those that worried the people close to him. Nothing else mattered... It was almost as though he didn't have a life of his own to worry about. In a way, he didn't. He probably knew Elora better than he knew himself anyway... Though he had long since decided that it was best that way, and he was glad of it. He was still absentmindedly stroking her back when he returned his thoughts to the presence, his attention caught by Elora's soft words. Laiko's arms tightened around her in a light squeeze for a moment, and when he spoke, his words were slow and cautious. "Don't thank me." He murmured quietly. "Let me help you." His words seemed to reverberate in the air for a moment, sounding somewhat strange in the situation, even to his own ears. He half feared seeing Elora's reaction, for he worried he might have got the wrong end of the stick here... But he had a feeling that something was bothering her, and he thought, or perhaps just hoped, that he would be able to comfort her... That she would want him to comfort her. Of course, he had been wrong before plenty a time, so he braced himself to endure being shoved away by Elora if his words frustrated her... But he had to do something, regardless of the risk. It tore him up to see her in such a state. He had to help her. He didn't care if he could or not... He would. Somehow, he would find a way. Her happiness was too important to compromise.

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:47 pm

Astraia let herself flop in his arms. her whole body went lose and free. She had practically no physical strength left in her. She was beginning to dose of in his arms, half of her troubles seem gone. He was a good guy, someone that she seldom deserved. He really was a too kind of guy. He didnt like to see her hurt, nor the fact of her hurting ones self. Though he was a little stupid at trying to stop her from doing so when she was so far into headbutting the wall. If he had butted in earlier atleast then she could have not used so much force and practically crush his hand into smitherines. She was hurting him, yet he just kept on coming back and saving her. She truely was a bad guy. She didnt understand him much. All he wanted was her to be safe, and she was a walking disator, just taking him into her dangourous world. He had sucummbed to her. She was a trap set for only him, and Laiko being completly blind to it, just kept on walking right on into it. Like a moth to the light. A fly to the spider web. A cat and a mouse. She was the preditor and he was her prey, ready for anything. She was the one who pounced on him, encaptivated him and draged him to her hole, her space, and forever had him in her crasp, just using him for the kind spirit that live inside him.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:10 pm

Laiko smiled slightly as Elora went limp in his arms, though he seemed sadder than before as opposed to happier. All the same, she was trusting him, and that thought made him happy. He bit his lip as pain throbbed from his shoulders to his chest, and for a moment lights popped before his eyes as the pain dulled his vision. But it was a good sort of pain... Because it was his sacrifice for something he cared about: Elora. He tightened his grip around her slightly an lifted her weight mostly off her feet, supporting her completely as he gently dragged her over to the bathtub and sat her down on the edge of it. He gave her shoulder a light squeeze as he turned away and glanced up to the medical cupboard. He took a deep breath, then reached up for it - his facial muscles twitching as he suppressed a wince. His shoulders burned like fire at having to reach so high, but he ignored the pain to the best of his ability and dragged down the first aid kit. He unwound his makeshift bandage from her shoulder and cast it aside before quickly setting to work with an antiseptic swab - cleansing all her wounds as best he could. Thankfully, the injuries on her face were relatively minor, but the gash on her shoulder was quite deep. "Sorry, this will sting a little." He murmured quietly as he moved over to the more severe wound. He cleaned and disinfected it as gently as he could, then placed a swab of gauze over the gash and bandaged it tenderly - winding the bandage with just the right amount of pressure. He wasn't sure how he knew these skills, but he did, and they were proving useful - so he wouldn't bother dwelling on it there and then. It never helped. When he had finished delicately tending Elora, he briefly splashed water over his own face to clean up the mess Niko had made, then stepped over to Elora and sat down beside her. The tips of his fringe dripped with water, and the were sticking up in every direction - looking a complete mess, yet handsomely so. Somehow, the casual, messy style always seemed to suit his face. It was simply 'him', as nothing else could be, and as he ha very few aspects of 'himself' to fall back on, he clung to those he did have, so that he might maintain his identity, or at least, what was left of it. He glanced over at Elora, a tender smile curving his lips. "Are you okay?" He asked quietly, "You should really have some chocolate for the shock, but I don't have any on me." he added, his smile widening slightly. He couldn't hold a frown for too long. He just couldn't.

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:08 pm

Astraia winced as the ethanol substance was wiped across the gash on her arm. It left a sting, so painful it could cause her to go unconcious. Though she gritted her teeth and willed the pain away. All while trying to hide the pain from Laiko. For if she let out she was in dear pain then he would never leave her side. Though she much wanted that, she did not want it at the same. Astraia glanced at him as he had treated the wounds to her face, not as much leaving a trace of pain, unlike the gash on her shoulder. What on earth was she going to tell her mother. She was going to have to tell her, or always wear T-shirts that covered it. Yes, that was it, she would just wear t-shirts to cover the gash on her shoulder. She almost smiled at the thought, anything to stopp her mother from seeing. The cuts on her face would be simple to explain, Niko had punched her by accident. Simple. Or so thats what she though, maybe it would be more difficult to explain to her mother, who dear cared for that boy. If she was younger she would have dated him herself. A small chuckled escaped her lips. Suddenly feeling a little better.
Astraia watched as Laiko splashed water onto his face, his actions and his littles ways amused her dear so. when he rejoined her. she gave a soft smile. His hair sticking around in a dismay, tiny water droplets dripped from the tips. SHe couldnt help but notice how amazing he looked, though at the same time he was a mess. As he sat she linked her arm through his and rested her head on his shoulder. "Thank you, you are too kind Laiko" her voice raspy and weak sounding. A small droplet dripped onto her nose, the freezing water tickled her pale skin. Astraia pulled backwards, a little too fast and smacked her head on the wall. She pulled away from the wall and rubbed her head all while chuckling away to herself. She found her odd self quite amusing at times, always tripping over her own feet, smacking her head on the wall. She sat upright and look at Laiko, "Guess stopping me from headbutting the wall did no good" she laughed a little. and then became all serious again. She cocked her head to the side at Laiko. sat for a while and then sorted out the mess of hair ontop his head. She ran her hadn threw his hair and fluffed it up, Smiled, and got to her, rather wobbly, legs. She headed out of the bathroom, slowly and steadily, and into her room. She pluncked herself down on the bed and swung her legs, as for they didnt touch the ground.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:53 pm

Laiko cast a fond smile at Elora as she linked her arm with his, looking down at her with his lips twitching in slight amusement as she rested her head against his shoulder. "Kindness nothing." He replied with a grin. "After all you've done for me, it's my obligation to be nice to you." He stated in a teasing tone, obviously joking. he smile slid from his face in an instant as she knocked her head against the wall, replaced by a concerned frown. "Are you o-" But before the question had left his lips, she had stated her witty remark, and Laiko felt a grudging smile lift his lips despite his concern. "Just don't hurt yourself." He pleaded with a teasing note of weary incredulity. He grin split his face then and he laughed softly.
Then Elora's expression turned serious, and Laiko felt his own face mirror it, wondering what would come next. He raised an eyebrow as she cocked her head, wondering vaguely what she was thinking about. Then his lips twitching into a smile and he chuckled as she started attempting to tame his rebellious hair. "I'm a mess, aren't I?" He questioned with a mischievous grin, clearly not the least bit ashamed by this prospect. His expression sobered as she got to her feet, and he watched her with a hawk-like gaze as she walked to the bed - his muscles tensed in readiness to dash after her and catch her if she fell, yet not wanting to become too clingy and over-protective in following every single step she took. He hesitated a moment, wondering if he should follow her, and lingered in the doorway a short while before entering the main part of her bedroom. He stood awkwardly near the wall, glancing around at the numerous boxes of books and things just to keep himself distracted enough that he would not feel too awkward, as he always did when he felt he was imposing.

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:40 pm

[ sorry for the vastness of it ]

Astraia smiled and watched him with eager eyes as he lingered in the door way. She spoke remembering is earlier remark. "You are simply not a mess, but yourself" She smiled. "Anyway your hair looks good like that" her voice became a little more perky as her energy slowly began creeping back. She mentaly kicked herself at speaking her mind and threw herself backwards, so she was now gazing at the cealing, while laying on the bed. "Laiko?" She questioned him. "What did happen to your parents?" She asked while still gazing at the cealing and then sat up to glance at him. A serious tone compelled her facial fetures, thoguh at the same time were soft and friendly, almost inviting. Soon after she remembered the scene in the bathroom and answered another of his so called questions, that were, or should be, unanwserable. "I wont hurt myself, not when it dont intentionaly want to." She gave a half smile half shy, slightly embarrased grin. The image rang clear from her mind. She had tryed to harm herself, amny times than that once. She glanced down at her arm and turned it around. Though there be nothing to see, her mind formed that picture for her, never forgetting that day. She grasped her arm to her side and shook it away, glancing once more up into Laiko's handsome face. She smiled and awaited his reply.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:43 pm

((*Glomps Deshykins* Razz Tis amazing! I don't know how you managed to understand enough of my last error-filled post to type anything... Wink Haha! tongue ))

Laiko glanced over at Elora as she spoke, his lips automatically lifting into a smile at the sight of her. He was glad - for it meant he was being himself again, which he had worried he had lost to some extent after all the panic and drama... Laiko shook off his thoughts, reminding himself to pay attention to what Elora was saying. "Oh?" Laiko questioned, raising his eyebrows in slight surprise at her statement. "Well, thanks." He added, a grin splitting his face. He wasn't completely sure what else to say to that statement, so he simply left it at that, though he did appreciate Elora's compliment, if that was what it was. It left him feeling slightly shy, for him anyway, but it was a good feeling. He wasn't used to receiving compliments... At least, not seriously. Mike and Kevin usually took a different approach... "Hm?" Laiko said suddenly, glancing up toward Elora as he heard his name. Seeing her lying back on the bed, he let a smile shift his features before walking over and seating himself beside her. "My parents?" He repeated, a thoughtful frown crossing his face as he pondered over the question. "I have no idea." He stated simply, glancing at her with a smile. "I don't remember any of my childhood. At least, not before 3 years or so prior to now." He explained, his tone light and genuinely unconcerned. His past didn't bother all that much, since he didn't know what he was missing anyway. It would frustrate him at times, like when he felt he didn't know himself at all, or when he said something tactless, or missed a point that the rest of the world found obvious - because he simply had no recollection of the times before the beginnings of his memories. Laiko considered halting his explanation there, not wanting to bore Elora and seek too much attention for himself, but he soon came to the conclusion that she would probably want to know, and thus he described the whole story. "Principal Hayden was the one that found me. He told me later that he heard gunfire in the middle of the night, so he went to investigate and found me passed out in the street with 3 bullet holes in my back and severe head trauma. He took me to the hospital, and even though the doctors assured him I'd be dead within the hour, he paid for my treatment. Well, I survived somehow, but when I woke up and they came to ask my name I couldn't tell them anything." Laiko trailed off for a moment then, frowning at the memory of that strange sensation... How his body and mind had been intact... How he could fee that he still had all his skills and knowledge... Yet his memories were wiped completely blank. "Anyway," he went on, "While I was out they'd started calling me Laiko, since the only object I had with me when I was found was a crumpled piece of paper with those letters on it. None of us knew what it meant, so that became my name. Then Principal Hayden tested my knowledge and awarded me a scholarship, and that became my life. Three years later, here we are." He concluded with a shrug, his face splitting into a grin as he added, "And that's the story of my life!" Laiko burst into laughter for a moment, clearly amused by how absurd it all sounded. He was not particularly bitter about it. In fact, the only thing that bothered him was thinking how awful a person he must have been before, that nobody had come to claim him from the hospital... But that was in the past now, anyway. He was himself now, or at least, he was learning to be. People often wanted to wipe the slate clean in life... He had been given the chance. He was grateful. "And if you try to hurt yourself..." He added suddenly, looking back at Elora with a stern, yet slightly teasing expression, "You'll need to get past me first." He concluded, flashing an impish grin. "Because I'll not see you hurt, you got that?" Laiko put an arm around her shoulders and gave her a light squeeze, looking down at her with a gentle smile on his face and a fond softness in his bright green eyes, which seemed to have taken on a slightly yellowish hue in his merriment.

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:44 pm

Astraia nervously glanced at her arm,not wanting to give Laiko eye contact. He spoke his past clear to her, though she felt something was missing from it. Something just didnt sound right, like he missed out a whole chunk, or he wasnt telling her something on perpose. She was just a little confused, and possibly nocked of track by how he had just told her right out, without pausing about his parents. She had not a clue what she was supposed to say, she hadnt even expected him to answer her, And to think he had no parents and she was sat here with both, and didnt like it all that much. Her next question escaped her lips unconciously "Whats it like not having parents?" She looked down at the floor.
It was a little to late for him to be saying that, she had already caused herself harm, and he hadnt been there to stop her. Maybe if she had met him sooner she would nevr have halmed herself, since he was now not letting her come anywhere close to the surface of pain and becoming hurt. "Aww im sorry im probing arnt i, i'll shut up now, i have no right to mingle in your own life" She waved her arms in a way of mercy, or giving up. She was being so stupid, she just wanted to headbutt something. Though Laiko would possibly not let her do that. Suddenly she got an idea. "Just excuse me one moment" She slipped of the bed and headed into the bathroom shutting the door behind her. She stood close to the wall and then began headbutting it, hopeing he wouldnt hear her and come in to stop her. She began mummbling under her breath "Stupid, stupid stupid" she spoke in rhythm to banging her head on the wall. She heard a little comotion going on outside. In utter curiosity she headed to the window to check it out. She noticed a plane car parked to where she had been attacked, the she spotted him, the unconcious guy. Though he be unconcious it looked like he was staring right at her. She shyed away slighty but kept watch. Three guys had gotten out the car, all wearing some kind of mask, one carring a gun. She gasped at the sight of it, hopeing they wouldn't notice her. She herd a gun shot, ánd then saw the guys dragging away her attacker. She slumped down onto the close toilet lid and began shivering. The whole memory was coming back, and the sight of someone getting killed freaked her out a little.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next