Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deshy, Polo and thier army of evil kittys

2 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Deshy, Polo and thier army of evil kittys  - Page 3 Empty Re: Deshy, Polo and thier army of evil kittys

Post  Deshychan Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:03 pm

Astraia was half in and half out of concious awarness. Only catching the odd word from Laiko. What was she going to do? She liked Laiko as a freind, nothing more. And Nico was a familay friend so she wouls see him alot. And now Laiko was leaving her and didnt know when he would return? Why, where was he going? BAck to his school she hoped. Though the way he said it it sounded like she wouldnt see him for a long while. This, she did not like one bit, though they had not been friends long, she didnt want him to leave her. She enjoyed his company as much as she hoped he did hers. Though the way he was acting it was like he didnt. All of a sudened she reclaimed a flashback.
Astraia was now back to the earlier time when she had started to fall. It was like she was reliving it. She was about to hit the floor when someone had caught her by the shoulder, this time her eyes where open. She could see what was happening. Laiko had caught her set her on her feet and then caught the boxes, almost hurting himself doing so. When suddenly he was thrown across the floor and someone was then gripping her shoulder, a little to tight. Niko! He had hit Laiko in the face, and was now gripping her. She had flinched away from the pain he caused. She noticed Laiko for a split second and caught sight of a think red substance seeping from his cheek...
Astraia shook her head and came back round into reality. No wonder he was acting strange. He must have felt bad for what had happened just moments ago. She then remembered what he had said. She struggled to get out of the boxes swiftly, causing one to shiver, as she knocked it of balance. As soon as she was out of the boxes she made a dash for the door, only to find herself smacking into something warm and slightly softer than a oak door. She looked up to find herself burried into Laiko. Her cheeks flushed a vibrant red and she smiled. "S...sorry" She said still stood smushed into him. She then reached up to his bleeding face and placed a finger on his chin, turning his head to the side gently. She reached up and tryed to look atit the best she could, though he megre petite size limited what she could see. Astraia caught his gaze and felt herself being drawn to him, she quickly looked away. His bleeding cheek was not that bad, just the split skin from the force of Niko's fist. "I am sorry about your face" She said without even thinking what she was saying. She laughed at her own comment. "Ha, Sorry that didn't come out right" She turned her head from his gaze, still feeling a little flushed, and not thinking right. She took a step back from him, "I guess you should go, i dont want you to loose your scholarship" She looked away from his gaze and stood away from the door so he could leave. She hoped he would leave silently, so she did not have to try and stop him from doing so.
Deshychan
Deshychan

http://viceroybutterfly.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Deshy, Polo and thier army of evil kittys  - Page 3 Empty Re: Deshy, Polo and thier army of evil kittys

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:42 pm

Laiko frowned as he heard the sudden sound of footsteps behind him, and was just beginning to turn around to see what Elora was doing when something suddenly collided with him at full force. He grunted slightly in surprise as the breath was knocked out of him, momentarily confused and slightly bewildered. He glanced down to see Elora buried into his chest, and his lips twitched in vague amusement. Had she really just run into him...? That was so typical, yet at the same time, so completely unexpected that he found it somewhat endearing. Laiko struggled to keep a straight face as she mumbled an apology, though it was not easy. Perhaps it was simply the fact that he found the situation undeniably amusing, though he felt a strongly contributing factor must have been the relief he felt to see that sweet, slightly awkward smile of hers and know that she was not angry, and that she did not hate him. Of course, he had not really expected her to, but the prospect was so utterly daunting that he had never even wanted it to cross his mind. Unfortunately, in life one seldom had the option to tread on eggshells. Sometimes one had no choice but to close their eyes, leap off the edge, and take that risk. Well, he had taken one - even without thinking - and Niko had not liked it much, and good for him, for it was comforting to know that somebody like Niko was there to be protective of Elora, and even to accompany and ease the stress of moving to a new home. He was glad to know that Niko would not let anything happen to her whilst he was away at school... Not that he was much use anyway, nor that she needed protection... Though if the shooters had indeed been after her... No, he doubted that. The odds were against it, and by his calculations there was a very slim chance that it was Elora they were after. Wait, what was his point again...? Now it was Laiko's face that flushed with colour as he realized that while he had been lost so deep in thoughts, Elora had extricated herself from him and began examining his cheek, at least as best she could what with being a fair amount shorter than him. Oh hell, and here he hadn't even remembered to reply to her previous words of apology, which, for that matter, had been thoroughly unnecessary. He met he gaze for a moment, but then she looked away from him, and he felt his own gaze dropping to the floor. He glanced up as she spoke, his lips twisting into an awkward smile. "I'm sorry about my face, too, but what can we do?" He joked lightly, a faint chuckle escaping his lips. "Don't worry about it." He added with a kind smile, ensuring her that he had not taken offence at her comment. He glanced away again as she stepped back, marveling at the fact that her uncertainty actually seemed somewhat contagious, for it was affecting him in a similar way... "I probably should go..." He admitted reluctantly, glancing briefly toward the door. "But hey," He added in a lighter tone, turning back to her with a smile. "If I can finish my studies early, I'll see if I can get away... Maybe stop in here..." He trailed off with a vague shrug, though he made no move to leave, and simply stood - fidgeting slightly awkwardly. Even though he knew he had to, he didn't want to go... Although they hadn't known each other long, he would miss Elora, and despite his words he didn't know when he would be able to get out and see her again. Perhaps a day? A week? Maybe as much as a month... It all depended on the work load, and as he had never had reason to shirk it before, he had attended to it studiously. As such he had built a reputation, and expectations, based upon the results that had come of it. If they fell now, it would be a poor show of gratitude to the man who had done so much for him, and was continuing to do so...
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:58 pm

Astraia turn to see if he had gone. She met two green eyes, He hadnt moved. She smiled gently. She didnt want him to leave, she hadnt asked him about his scholarship yet. At that she got an idea. "Hey maybe i can walk back to your school with you. And see your school, perhaps?" She took a step towards Laiko hoping he would agree to it, but headed out the doors anyways. She walk down the hall with a spring in her step. As she reached the stairs she made a look for Laiko, to see him following her, she smiled and flew down the stairs. She waited at the front door for Liako, and as she turned she saw Niko glaring at her and then to Laiko. She look away from Niko and up at Laiko who was just decending the stairs. "Laiko has to leave now" She stated to Niko while totally ignoring him.
Niko replied snarkiely "And he couldnt walk himself to the door!" He snapped and glared at LAiko.
"JUst Drop it Niko" Astraia said back with no emotion. She glanced at Laiko, completly ignore Niko "So we going to your place then, well school?"
Nikos face began to go reder and reder, If you looked closely you could see the steam coming from his ears. He was not happy. She. Is.Mine! Is head shouted and instantly he took a defensive stance infront of Astraia. "She is mine now leave!" He shouted at Laiko.
Astraia hoped this wouldnt attrack her parents attention as they would side with him, Niko. She slapped her hand to her forehead. What was she supposed to do with him!
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:18 pm

"Sure." Laiko replied eagerly, an enthusiastic grin splitting his face without hesitation. He was certainly keen to spend more time with Elora, and he would certainly enjoy showing her the school. It was a great place... Well, it was his home, so he supposed it was natural that he was so fond of it. And perhaps she could meet Kevin as well... If he would leave his book for long enough to glance at her... Though Laiko doubted Elora would mind, even if he didn't. She would understand. Smiling slightly at his thoughts, Laiko left the room and followed Elora down the stairs. He hesitated half way down as he heard Niko's voice, and the boy's harsh glare caught him like a deer in headlights - freezing him to the spot. He stood and shifted uncomfortably while Elora and Niko snapped waspish retorts at each other - painfully aware that it was his fault. The last thing he had wanted to do was cause trouble between them... Why could Niko not see that he didn't mean any harm?! He was really struggling to maintain respect for the other boy now, no matter how hard he tried. He simply did not like Niko's attitude, and he did not trust him, and he just could not convince himself to let these prejudiced thoughts go, though he had already berated himself many a time for them. They were lodged into his mind... Perhaps there was some reason... Laiko jerked his head up suddenly at Elora's question - feeling compelled to answer, yet not really comfortable doing so, because- He flashed Niko a nervous glance. Yes... Because of Niko. "Well, urm..." He stuttered uncertainly, but before he could get any sort of point across, Niko's harsh words had struck him like a slap across the face. For the first time since he could remember, Laiko felt an unfamiliar clawing sensation in the pit of his stomach, and his kind, innocent gaze began to darken into a glare. "I was under the impression that Elora was her own person." Laiko stated coolly, raising his eyebrows and staring down on Niko with a sense of supreme superiority. He began to descend the stairs in a dignified fashion, his calm, icy gaze still locked on Niko. "You do not own her, nor does anybody else." Laiko concluded firmly, reaching the bottom of the stairs and meeting Niko's glare fearlessly with an unreadable expression. "I am leaving." Laiko informed him simply. He gave a brief nod of farewell, doing his best to display respect even in the difficult circumstances. He stepped briskly toward the door, and only then did he realise what the strange sensation from before was: Anger. He had never been truly angry before... But the way Niko had spoken-! Treating Elora like she was some sort of trophy that he could put up on his shelf... Some material object that he could own! Besides that, what point exactly was he trying to get across in saying that? Laiko just didn't get it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:09 pm

Astraia heard Laiko speaking, his voice cracked with a hint of anger. She cocked her head to the side and watched him with intent eyes. From what she had met of Laiko, he did not get angry easily. He had been punched and took it without fighting back. Niko had threatened him, yet he did nothing. But know, whne Niko was trying to stop Astraia from leaving with him and said that she was his, it made something inside of him click and then the anger came out. Only in the mildest form of a hint.
She smiled at Laiko's responce and pushed herself away from behind Niko. "I couldnt have said that better my self!" She smiled at Laiko and joined him at the door. She turned on Niko. "screw you Niko, i never even wanted you, i was only with you for my Mothers sake. All beacuse of your over, Jealous possesivness. Go home!" She turned and walked out the door. She sighed and dropped her shoulders as she was out the front porche. She placed a hand on her head and dropped it. "Im sorry you had to see that" She paused and turned around, to find Laiko stood at the door and Niko in front of her.

Niko glared at Laiko, his face a blank expression. He watched as Astraia left him. His face sagged instantly. He was not good when it came to being unwanted, especially by those he couldn't live without. He barged in Laiko before he could leave, hoping he had pushed him into the door frame. He ran after Astraia, and stopped instanly as she began speakin. She really didnt want him did she? She was speaking to Laiko, but he was their instead. When she turned around her face went blank then her expression turned to annoyence. Niko flinched backwards, without moving his feet. It was like Astraia had powers, just from giving people certain looks, she could make then either drawn to her or death. And she had made him feel like killing himself. "Astraia please" he begged and his face even showed how much he wanted it "Please dont do this to me again. I need you, i cant live without you. Life is not worth livving without you" He spoke well and even made it sound like he was going to cry.

Astraia's heart cracked at his words, she almost flinched breaking her concentration. Took took one deep breath and than spoke. "I cant be doing with you over jealous, possesivness. So i guess it means you will have to figure out how to live without me" She snarled and then turned away from him.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:37 pm

Laiko hesitantly returned Elora's smile as she walked toward him, though he was still extremely aware of Niko's presence, and much as he didn't like the boy's attitude, he certainly did not want to make enemies. He glanced toward Elora again as she began speaking to him, but before he could reply she had turned back to Niko. Laiko winced at her harsh words as she berated him, and though he reminded himself that Niko deserved it, he still felt a stab of sympathy for the poor guy. He longed to comfort him, but he was pretty sure that would only make it worse... A lot worse. Niko would probably punch his face in if he so much as laid a finger on his shoulder... No, best to keep his distance and let poor Niko suffer in silence. Much as it pained him to do so, he felt he had no other option. Laiko made to follow Elora as she walked out the door, but before he had taken even a step, Niko had barged past him. He winced and let out an involuntary gasp of pain as his shoulder collided hard with the door frame - instantly leaving a large section of tenderness that he was sure would bruise quite badly. He chuckled softly to himself at the thought of all the minor injuries he had gotten that day, then shrugged it off and stepped outside, lingering around and staring pointedly at the tall trees in the garden while Niko and Elora talked it out. As he caught snippets of Niko's speech, Laiko raised his head and glanced over at the pair, his eyes narrowing. Usually he'd sooner feel sympathy than irritation at that tone, but something told him that it was not sincere, and that thought left him fuming. Of all the conniving, manipulative little... He cut his thoughts off and strolled quickly over to Niko and Elora, ignoring Niko and taking his place at Elora's side - ready to parry Niko's blows if his temper should snap. He was tempted to make some sort of comment... Something along the lines of Well go on, you heard her: Leave. But he simply didn't have the heart. And besides, what good would come of it? Niko had been punished. He was hurting. It would be best just to let it go, and to maintain a respectful silence. "I'm sorry..." Laiko murmured quietly to Elora, his voice barely above a whisper. Okay, so maybe he had broken the silence after all, but that had been important... He had just been somehow involved in the break-up of this couple. He thought he might have been drowning in guilt, had it not been for the fact that he felt Elora was better off without somebody like Niko... Then again... No. He had tried to convince himself otherwise, but Niko was still a lion among ladies. He wouldn't trust him as far as he could throw him. He was just too aggressive... All it would take is one innocent lapse of concentration and fiery temper in a blazing row... Niko was too risky. Besides, how could he claim that he truly cared for her when he wanted her solely for himself, with no regard to her wishes or her happiness? No. Laiko did not feel guilty after all.

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:19 am

Astraia turned her back on Niko. She was fed up with all his actions, why counldn't he just leave her be. She didnt want him, yet he always seemed to win that over and they ended up a 'Couple' even at her last school they were known as the couple of the school, though at most piont she was not with him. She pinched her nose and took a deep breath. "Which way to the school?" she asked her voice bland and soft as if she was tired and weak. Just as she was walking away, someone pulled her back by her arm, twisting it the wrong way. She yelped with pain, and her arm was dropped from who ever had pulled on her. She clutched it to her chest and forced the tears back.
Niko stood wide eyed and rather embarrassed. He had gone to pull Astraia back to him but ended up causing her pain, yet again. He then was just beggining to see why Astraia did not want him. He was always causing her pain, not leting her do what she wanted, and all because her mother had kept him on a tight leash of where, when and how they were to do things. And he usually had the pull on Astraia so he could get her to do what he wanted to do. "Astraia Please..!" he begged again, He rubbed the back of his head, pulling a hanf through his neat but dishevled, golden locks. His silver blue eyes cast their gaze upon Astraias back, but also trying to block the figure of Laiko out of it. "Im sorry Astraia" He said with sinsere words, turned away and headed back into her house.
Astraia almost collapsed at his words, he was doing it again, trying to make her feel sorry for him so that she would go back to him, but she wasnt doing that this time, he could go and say his goodbye's to her parents and then leave. Astraia glanced up at Laiko, who stood by her side, "Maybe we should leave, incase he brings the parents out, and i think its time to go, instanly, you dont want to be late to school do you?" She gave a quick smile, but her face showed a different emotion.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:36 pm

"Oh, it's-" Laiko began, but he broke off as a sudden yelp interrupted his attention. He wheeled around, his hand instinctively darting to his pocket - though he didn't know why, for he did not carry anything inside it. His muscles tensed with anticipation as he prepared to launch himself at some unknown attacker, but the next moment he realised that it was just Niko... Niko again... And that he had grabbed Elora's arm, perhaps a bit too hard. Laiko felt his jaw clenching in uncharacteristic protective anger, and it was all he could to to restrain himself from interfering. He would only make things worse... But damn Niko! Couldn't he be more careful?! Laiko shuddered slightly, the sound of Elora's pained yelp running through his ears - a thousand times less welcome than the sound of fingernails on a blackboard. He simply couldn't stand the very thought of her suffering any harm - even if it was just a tiny twinge.
Feeling somewhat helpless, Laiko bit his lip hard to distract himself and turned his head away, staring vaguely at his surroundings. It was a truly beautiful garden... And the bright, cheerful weather made everything seem warm and happy - encasing the world in a golden-orange glow as the sun gradually made its descent. Laiko bit down harder on his lip as he heard Niko's words - once again begging Elora to take him back. The conniving swine... Laiko winced, releasing his lip as his teeth suddenly drew blood. Well, he had deserved that... He really ought not to think such cruel thoughts about others. It was wrong - no matter how he justified it. He wished now that he could take the thought back, true as it was, but it was too late for that... Laiko sighed softly, then glanced back toward the pair to see Niko walking back toward the house, and Elora returning her attention to him. "Maybe we should leave, in case he brings the parents out, and i think its time to go, instantly, you don't want to be late to school do you?" She asked, and Laiko noticed a slightly sad smile playing at her lips. She was obviously upset... He wished there was something, anything he could do to cheer her up... Laiko nodded thoughtfully, then slowly began walking up the garden path - heading in the general direction of his school. "Hey, Elora..." He began quietly. He glanced toward her - his bright green eyes showing a deep, sincere concern. Every inch of his expression was riddled with it - and his every action made it perfectly clear just how much remorse he felt for her misery - and ho much he wished he could revoke it. "Are you okay?" He finished quietly, though his face had asked the question long before he had spoken the words. His kind, gentle eyes searched her face - desperately trying to detect any hint of misery - as though placing it would be able to help him to obliterate it. He couldn't stand to see her upset... He simply couldn't...

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:06 pm

Astraia walked slowly after him with her head low. This was not like her to be this way, she was the usual happy cheerful kind that hid all her troubles behind a smile. But Niko had hit a soft spot and caused all her happyness to discintigrate. She almost missed Laiko's comment but her ears stayed open after his first word. Just in the way he had spoke made he intrigue to know what he was going to ask. She looked up to him only to be blined by the setting sun. She covered her eyes with her arm but it didnt help much. So she took LAiko by the arm and moved him the best she could by turning away from the sun, and slightly back the way they had come, so that know the sun was on their left, well her left and he was stood infront of her the way they were headed. "Im sorry about all of that back there, you hadnt need see that. Niko always does this to me" She slapped her hand to her forhead and then continued " I guess im okay with the most part. He kinda hit a soft spot" She looked up at Laiko and gave him a soft smile, or as much of a smile her saddened lips would allow. "Are you okay?" She asked giving him a questioning gaze, she could tell something was up with him, he was after all acting a little strange than his usual self. They were hidden from view of the house, standing just inside the path near to a random area of a few trees and bushes.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:57 pm

Laiko placidly allowed himself to be dragged into position - responding to Elora' guiding like a well trained dog. However, as she began to speak, Laiko shook his head rapidly, "No, no!" He objected, fending off her apology with raised palms, "I'm sorry... I mean, if I hadn't been there..." He sighed, shaking his head. "Actually, I don't know what I did to make Niko so upset, but I'm sorry anyway." He admitted, a faint, hopeless smile curving his lips. He felt his muscles relax slightly as she answered that she was mostly okay, and only then did he realise that he had been clenching them. His smile became more natural now that his facial muscles had slackened, and the gentle curve to his lips seemed to fit his face better than any negative expression ever could.
"All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances." He quoted, smiling gently at her. "It will be all right." He assured her softly, "Don't let him get to you." Laiko paused for a moment, then added another quote, "A smile re-cures the wounding of a frown." He stated informatively - reaching out to softly pat her back in what he hoped was a comforting gesture.

"Me?" He asked in surprise at her next question, his eyebrows darting upward to vanish into his fringe. "No, no, I'm fine." He assured her with a faint smile, "I just hate seeing you so down." He admitted slightly sheepishly, "I'm worried about you." He explained - shrugging in a helpless gesture. He knew that he oft' worried too much, what what could he do about it? It was simply his way.
Laiko glanced away then, staring around at the gorgeous displays of nature's finest work that surrounded them. Had he been the sort of warrior to wield a paintbrush, he'd have captured the scene then and there, but alas, he had to settle simply for splashing the image upon a mental canvas, for he was not an artist, and probably never would be. He felt a strange sense of peaceful relaxation creeping through his soul as he noted how secluded this littler section of the garden was. It was as though it blocked out the rest of the world completely. It was so peaceful and serene, that Laiko was hard put to keep the smile from forming upon his face, so he simply forsook any efforts to contain it, and allowed his face to reflect the gentle mood that the scenery invoked in him. He had learned to find happiness in the simplest of things, for the first of his memories had been of those... Of those tiny things he had always taken for granted, and of how he might breathe his last breath having never had the opportunity to realise his good fortune, simply in being alive.

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:40 am

Astraia rubbed at her arm in the act of being slightly uncomfortable. She truely felt bad for Laiko, she was the one who had caused this, she had text messaged Niko to come to her. She had caused all the pain they were going through. Astraia sighed. "Nope, its my fault so i am sorry" She shook her head from side to side. "Niko is just jealous as we have the same intrests and he doe not like what i do. He also just dosent like me being friends with anyone else that is a guy. If you ask me hes just too possesive" She looked away and out into the street. She shoved her hands into the pockets of her jeans. She glanced behind Laiko at the mountains, and wished that she could be back up there. She really did enjoy it uptop the mountains. She was in her element. A flock of bird flew over talking to each other as they went, and at that she glanced back at Laiko. She spoke softly mainly to herself "Cowards die many times before their deaths, The valiant never taste of death but once."
She smiled softly to Laiko as he began to quote one of shakespeares books. She repliad to his first with another from the same playwirte.
"Kindness, nobler ever than revenge" she smiled gently. "He always gets to me" she said with a half sadden tone. Without think astraia began to quote another, just an automatic reaction she had.
"Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove.
O no, it is an ever-fixèd mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wand'ring bark,
Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken."
Astraia look away from Laiko and finsihed with one of her favourite quotes from 'Much Ado about nothing'. "Have patience, and endure" she said it softly and without looking at Laiko.

"Yes you, who else?" She shrugged and looked around them, as if to show that they were alone and slightly hidden from view. A joking smile toyed with the edges of her lips. "You are not just fine LAiko, i can see your hidding something" She then spoke from he mind and soul again "I am not of that feather, to shake off my friend when he must need me" She gave him a sincere smile. "Sorry, just the effect Niko has on me i guess, there is nothing you must worry about over me, i am fine" She gathered herself and forced a huge smile to spread across her face.
Astraia glanced down at her feet and on the way she caught a glimpse of LAikos wrist watch. Astraia stepped closer and grabbed his arm, gently she turned it over and checked the time. "Erm Laiko, i think your late its 1 minute till six" She glanced up at him with a worried expression.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:31 am

“But they whose guilt within their bosoms lie Imagine every eye beholds their blame.” Laiko quoted in response. It was strange, almost unnerving, that all these words should reside in his mind... Words he could not recall having seen or heard. Words that tasted foreign upon his tongue, but which leaped from his mind like the flying fish of the ocean, ever sparkling, as they caught the light of the sun and distributed it amongst the creatures of the world.
"He needs to learn." Laiko responded simply, "It seems to me that he is living the life of a child, and that this is a lesson he will value in his future. Those who believe that they can own everything will end up crushing that which they can't, like a child who tries to keep a butterfly from flying away... They thrash and thrash in those sweaty palms until their wings are broken, and they are nothing. Niko will thank you for doing this one day." Laiko shrugged vaguely, slightly embarrassed by his speech. It was not really his place to speak, but he had felt it needed to be said... Niko was the sort to guilt-trip a person. Laiko had seen that... He had to be sure that Elora knew she had done no wrong, for guilt could be a painful thing, even when false. He knew that well, for he was prone to shifting the blame of others unto his own shoulders, and adding their guilt to his own. Perhaps it was a flaw... Perhaps an asset. All he knew was that he did not want Elora to feel that guilt, and that he would have taken it from her, only he sensed that she would not allow it. It was as she said... "Cowards die many times before their deaths, The valiant never taste of death but once." She was the type to fight her own battles, and suffer her own punishments. He ought to respect that.
He rested his hand softly on her shoulder as she went on to quote another piece, and though it twinged his sympathies until his heart all but begged him to rid Elora of her pain, he ignored it and cast its complaints aside. He simply stood companionably beside her in a calm, respectful silence and accepted her words with sympathy.

As the conversation turned back toward him, he felt his lips curve into a smile at her words. She chose them well... Though it concerned him that she thought he was hiding something from her. He never hid things... At least, not intentionally. Had h slipped up somewhere...? Missed something? Perhaps he was acting strange... But why? No, he knew that already. He had told her, and he had spoken honestly. After all, in the words of the mighty Shakespeare, which by now seemed to have infested his mind, It is not enough to speak, but to speak true. Perhaps the confusion stemmed simply from the fact that he seemed to exhibit an undue amount of worry over smaller issues, compared to most. But that was him... It was who he was. Or at least, it was who he had become. Who he was was as much of a mystery to himself as to anybody else. Perhaps she already knew him better than he did... Perhaps he was the one mistaken... Laiko broke off fro his thoughts, as he heard her explaining one again that she was fine, and a frown of concern furrowed his brow at the sight of her forced smile. “Give sorrow words. The grief that does not speak whispers the o'er-fraught heart, and bids it break.” He quoted again, though his tone was gentler than his demanding words, proving that - should she wish to stay silent - he would respect that decision as easily as he would hear her out should she choose to speak.

Laiko glanced down as she grabbed his arm, watching with an unconcerned expression as he attempted to decipher what she was doing. He frowned slightly at her words - an immediate spike of worry jabbing into his mind - but he soon cast it aside. He was late now. Too late. Why regret what had already happened? "Well, it's too late then." He said with a slight smile, "Mike and Kevin will cover for me, I'm sure. They certainly won't open the gates for me after the school has been locked for the night... They are simply strict like that, and a good thing too, in a way..." He trailed off with a slight shrug - a faint smile twisting his lips. "Well, perhaps I'll be in luck and they'll be less punctual than I have been." He added hopefully, a bark of laughter escaping his lips. "You coming?" He asked with a grin as he began to step backwards toward the gate - his gaze still locked on Elora.

Last edited by Polo the Weirdo on Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Error)

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:40 pm

Elora glanced up at Laiko, a worried expression cast across her gentle face. "If its too late then you must come back to mine, i dont care what you say but im not letting you sleep outside" She shook her head ferverantly. "No i will not" She gave a sheepish smile remembering his other words about Niko. "You truely know how to pick the right words dont you" Her smile widened slightly and her cheeks glowed a soft rose pink. "I am sorry for making one late and i dear hope you can get into your school, but will i beable to get out again?" She questioned him with that same worried expression from before. She truely did want to go and have a glance around his school, but then if she could not get out when she did that so then she would not want to and would wait untill the morning, and that was if the school gates were opened for Laiko. If not then she would silply ask her father for help or that he would have to reside the night at hers, for as she was not letting him go. For one she felt like she needed a friend that she could talk to as ones self. Though her and Niko could do the same in some ways, she never felt at ease when around him. There was something about him that made her feel tense and unervely. Astraia's mind unconsiously caused her to speak aloud but softy "Oft expectation fails, and most oft there, Where most it promises; and oft it hits, Where hope is coldest, and despair most fits" while speaking she had turned and looked up into the sky somewhat away from Laiko. She looked to the ground with a somewhat saddened face after she spoke the words from heart, mind and soul and turned to look at Laiko, not even realiseing what she had just done. "Yeah of course i am coming with you, i would not want you to be left outside alone" A huge grin spread across her face and into her eyes. She gathered herself and made a rather joyfull spring towards Laiko and the gate.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:51 pm

"No, but I couldn't impose! I'll just..." Laiko began, but his weak and feeble objections soon trailed off into nothingness, for they were mostly pointless, since Elora was not likely to listen anyway. She was speaking again now - commenting on his choice of words regarding Niko. "I try." Laiko replied simply, a modest smile subtly raising the corners of his mouth. "Honestly, I just call it as I see it." He admitted with a shrug, a slightly amused grin splitting his face. "Oh, no, no! Not at all!" Laiko exclaimed with a chuckle, waving off Elora's apology. "It's been fun, and besides, I think they'd worry about me if I didn't show a little truancy. I am a teenager after all." He explained with a wink. "I doubt I'll be able to get in," he went on unconcernedly, "but if I can, I'd certainly not drag you in with me after the grounds are technically closed. I'll show you around sometime though, rest assured." He promised, a kind smile crinkling the skin around his eyes.
Laiko let his attention wander then, for Elora seemed to be lost in thought. He amused himself for a while by peacefully tapping a leaf beside him with his fingertip. The little green leaf bobbed on its stem like a ballroom dancer, and Laiko soon began tapping it in a regular rhythm and watching it bounce as he waited for Elora to resurface from her thoughts. Next thing he knew, she was speaking, and the sombre tone of her voice instantly grabbed his attention. Brow furrowed in concern, Laiko swung back to face Elora. He gnawed his lip in sympathy at her heartfelt words, and found himself wishing once again that there was something he could do to ease that pain. Unfortunately, all he had was a pocketful of words, and they seemed pointless and trivial beside the pain she clearly felt... But they were all he had, so he would use them to the best of his ability. “True hope is swift, and flies with swallow's wings.” Laiko responded quietly, letting Shakespeare's words leave his lips as though from a distance - this time not making them his own, for he felt it was not his place to intrude upon the thoughts Elora had spoken out loud.
Next thing he knew, Elora seemed to have forgotten all about her sorrowful moment, and was grinning widely whilst announcing that she would indeed accompany him. He was glad, and he soon found a smile sweeping over his own face. Smiling was so much better than frowning. He had always thought as much...
Laiko suddenly jumped, startled out of his thoughts, as Elora sprang toward him. He laughed at her joyful antics, and suddenly felt a burst of the same joy within himself. On a sudden impulse, he reached forward and pulled her into a brief one-armed hug, the shadow of his laughter still lighting his lips. He soon released her again and broke into a jog toward the gate. "Come on, then!" He encouraged with a laugh, “Defer no time, delays have dangerous ends.” Laiko added with an impish grin, reaching the gate and carefully opening it, then stepping aside to wait for her to step through first.

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:59 am

Astraia glanced up at Laiko as he gave her a one armed hug. She could say that that was the least she was expecting. He didnt seem like that kind of Guy to her a first, but maybe it was first time blues. After all she had not but even know him for a whole day yet. She gave him a gentle smile. She was slightly confused at his action but made nothing of it. She walked beside him her joyes spring vanished from her step as she lay in confusion over his previous action. She kept on trying to not over think it, but she could just not get it out of her system, no matter how hard she tried, he mind kept bringing the action back to her mind. Though she really didnt mind having a random hug that lasted for the most part of say 5 seconds, from Laiko it felt strange and somewhat alien. She walked in silence along the edge of the path, her mind else where. Laiko had jogged of infront of her, possibly thinking she would be but close behind his step. But when something crossed into her mind that left her baffled and confused she ended up in a daydream trance.
Suddenly Astraia was grabbed from behind and before she could scream a hand covered her mouth. She bit down hard and tried her best to squirm her way out of the tight grasp on her torso and arms. The person that had hold of her yelped out as she bite down and their hand, but it did not make then let go, it seemed to make their grip become more tight, like that of a boa constrictor, when their pray breaths in it squeezes tighter and keeps going untill its prey finally sucums to the snake and silently passes away. No! her mind shouted, she wasnt giving in, She lashed out with her legs kicking as hard as she could hoping in some way that she would get the person in the right spot and cause them to realse their grip somewhat on her. And then maybe, just maybe she could find a way to slip out of it. They seemed to find more strenght from her fighting them of. Kicking out just seemed to make it worse. Though they had begun losing their grip onto her, as they had to regain somewhat of their grip back by lifting her up more so and then dragged her away. She had no idea if the same had happened to Laiko or if he had completly missed it, for she had lost sight as panic strikened her.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:25 am

Laiko waited at the gate for a short while, and when Elora did not immediately follow, a slight frown creased his face. What was she dawdling for...? She hadn't been upset by that hug, had she? He should have considered the fact that she might be the sort who didn't take well to such gestures... He knew quite a few people who did not much like hugs, like Kevin for example. Though Kevin didn't really like anything that involved interrupting his reading... He mostly just ignored everybody. In some ways, Laiko couldn't blame him. It was probably rather frustrating for somebody as calm and level-headed as Kevin to be thrown into a room with the likes of Mike and himself.
Laiko suddenly shook his thoughts aside, only to find that Elora still hadn't followed. No, this was too much! His frown deepening considerably, Laiko left the gate and jogged back the way he had come. The gate bounced shut behind him with a gentle click, but he was not there to hear it, for his jog had increased to a sprint when he found she wasn't where he had left her. He reached the spot just in time to see Elora being dragged away by a dark, shadowy figure.
Without even pausing to think, Laiko dashed after them - his exhausted leg muscles complaining bitterly as he stretched them relentlessly with each long stride.
He long to call out to Elora, but he knew he should not. He had to move with stealth, else this could end badly... Wait, what was he thinking?! It was already bad! Very bad! Cursing softly under his breath, Laiko redoubled his efforts, now bringing the figure into closer sight.
He darted off track to hide in amongst the trees, steadying his pace slightly so that he was moving only slightly faster than Elora's captor, and making as little sound as possible. He couldn't remember ever having learned hos to do these sorts of things, but somehow... He just knew. Finally, Laiko managed to pass the figure, then then he crept silently out of the trees behind them, for they were still walking backwards and dragging Elora with them. Laiko crept gradually closer until he stood right behind the figure, blocking their path. He grabbed one of their shoulders then in a rough grip. "Let her go." He growled darkly, his voice dangerously soft and threatening.

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:54 am

Astraia was squirming when she heard a familular voice. At that instant she stop dead, in the persons grasp. She instantly new who it was. Laiko. He had come to rescue her, though she had not seen him close by. It baffled her but also made her feel more at ease, even with being attacked. Though there was something different in the tone of his voice, it seemed strong and demanding, a voice that you could not obey, like a dog with its master. His voice almost mind controling. But this person was not giving up easily.
A wide mocking grin spread across the atackers face, "MAke me you measly child!" he gave a sinister laugh. Then as fast as lightening a small pocket knife came across Elora's throat. "If you dont obey me she will die, DO you understand that Laiko?"
Instanly Astraia's fear came back as the blade came close to her throat. She didnt dare more, not even swallow for the fear of it cutting her and causing her to bleed. She closed her eyes and wished for this monstrosity to be just a dream. This wasnt happening to her, it couldnt, she wasnt old eough to die, not yet. goodbye world, i have not seen much of you but i guess its already my time to go. she spoke into her mind only. For if she spoke aloud she may cause more harm to herslelf than need be. She deeply hoped that Laiko could do something, just anything that would save her life, he had already attempted as much as he could, but it seemed not working. If she was going to die, then she was glad she had met someone and befreinded a friend like Laiko. Just the thought of that almost brought a smile and tears to her face.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:35 am

((Okay, so I researched pressure point fighting... Maybe I am obsessed... Wink

Sorry for any powerplaying - feel free to block. Razz ))

As the attacker began to grin, Laiko slackened his grip slightly in a pretense of fear, thinking ahead, and let his hand slide down to just above the man's elbow before tightening his grip again as the man spoke. He had already anticipated what was coming next, but seeing the bright glint of blood-red light from the setting sun reflected in the silver blade sent a chill scuttling down his spine. It pressed close to Elora's throat, and Laiko was hard put to keep the image of blood gushing from the edge of the blade out of his mind. He had to do something... He could not fail... But he would not obey. Not a chance. He would not even give this man a chance to give him any orders. But wait... What was this? How did this man know his name? Well... If it could be considered his name... Perhaps a better question would be, how did this man know what people called him? Well, then - he had to find out. Killing the man was no longer an option... Wait... Wait... Killing?! Had he actually considered that? Oh geez, where on earth was his head at? He could never kill somebody! Okay... Time to get a grip... Calm down... Concentrate...
Then Laiko noticed the shadow of a smile playing at Elora's lips, and he felt a sudden sense of calm wash over him - sinking deep into his bones and rendering him completely emotionless. Suddenly, he was able to think clearly, and the multitudes of complex little diagrams and information in his mind were some that he did not recognise as his own. Yet somehow, he knew exactly what they meant, and he knew what he had to do. He felt in his trained muscles that they remembered the procedures involved, and that they would initiate them at his say-so. Muscle memory, DejaVu, perhaps complete insanity... He didn't know what it was, but this was not the first time it had happened, nor would it be the last. Only this time, he had no choice but to use it to his advantage. Relying on knowledge he did not quite remember, Laiko shifted his hand and pressed his knuckles hard into the man's Triple Warmer 11 point - a pressure point just above the elbow joint. If he had got it right, which he hoped to hell he had, the pain would render the man incapable of moving his arm, meaning that he would be unable to press the knife any closer to Elora's throat.
Unwilling to pause and think of what the consequences would be had he missed the point, Laiko slammed his other hand at the attacker's Gall Bladder 20 point - a pressure point where the head joined the neck. He struck slightly upwards, then closed his eyes in silent prayer that his attacks had worked as his forgotten skills had promised they would. If all had gone as planned, he would open his eyes to find the attacker unconscious upon the ground... And hopefully... To find Elora unharmed.
If he had missed? Well... He dared not even think of it. One error, and Elora could be dead. One error, and the attacked could be dead. Perhaps the situation had not changed at all from his efforts... Accuracy, it was all about accuracy... Yet these were skills that he did not know. No, check that... They were skills that he knew, but did not remember. He only hoped that his muscle memory had been accurate, even if his mental memory had not. These forgotten skills had never failed him before... But they couldn't, they just couldn't fail him now!
Muttering a silent prayer under his breath, Laiko let his eyes open a crack to see the results of his attacks.

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:36 am

((These pressure points have the most bizarre names... a 'Gall Bladder' point... At the base of the head? o_0 No joke - that is what the website said it is called. Razz How odd!))

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:59 am

Astraia closed her eyes, for she did not want to see blood dripping from her own neck. nor did she want to see anything. This was it her time was up, such a short short life and it was already going. She wished she could have done more with her life and not be so restricted by her parents. If she came out of this then she promised herslef that she would amke that happen, she would do what she wanted not her mother. Thats if she came out alive and not in pieces. She suddenly felt hersefl falling, faliing forever. This was it she was dying. Is this what it felt like to die? She was not in any pain. Maybe she had fainted and did not feel the pain that had killed her? But maybe and just a tiny maybe she was still alive. But then if she were alive why did it feel like she must be falling at what seemed like forever, so she must be dead right? But if she were dead then why was she still falling? Was it that the earth had refused her spirit? that she was now falling in the vast space of nothingness? Why was this so? what had she done to deserve this? Somehow something was not right here. What had she missed when her eyes had failed her, had then gone into a plane and now as high as they could go they had kicked her out with no parchute? But she had heard Laiko's voice, had they captured him also? or was he apart of this? What in Gods World was going on!! her mind and soul shouted.
The attacker grabbed at his arm and fell to the floor yelping in pain. He had let go of Astraia when doing so, managing to not cut her throat but her shoulder instead. The hilt of the blade gently kissed her marble skin bringing a deep crimson line to the surface, ozing out and gently dripping down her marbled skin. Astraia was layed out gently on the floor, looking like she had been put there on perpose. As if she lay awaiting a handsome prince to come along and wisk her away. Her eyes were closed so peacefull you could say she were sleeping. Though her pale skin looked almost translucent and for the crimson substance on her shoulder, you could tell she was fading away. Whether it be for her loss of blood or the fact she had gone stone cold or the shock of the attack, the most part of it was causing her to fade. He colour draining at every second, her blood leaking into the sodden earth, her soul escaping in the winds. Now becoming a part of the world, the parts she had taken were now returing to their rightful place.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:39 am

When Laiko's eyes first opened, at first he saw nothing. He just stared unseeingly at the scene before him, registering nothing but blackness. His senses were failing him, and for a moment he wondered if this had all been naught but a dream. Would he suddenly wake up and find himself still in the hospital? In his bed in the boarding house? Coming round after being knocked out by Niko's fist? How much of this had been real? Had any of it been? All of it? Had he ever been alive at all? Wait, what?! Okay, so know he was going crazy. Great. Laiko shook his head rapidly, then blinked furiously until the scene came into focus. The first thing he noticed was the fallen attacker, presumably unconscious, and he snatched the knife away from the man's limp hand with a snarl. As he lifted the blade, his eyes detected the tiny rivulets of crimson trickling over it... Weaving like satin ribbons in a breeze. Laiko's eyes slowly widened, and his breath caught in his throat. Sudden panic engulfed him, and he shoved the knife into his pocket, then reluctantly turned his gaze toward Elora, a horror-struck expression on his face. He bit down hard on his lip as he saw her lying on the ground, and for a second he found himself frozen. Should he cry out in despair because she had been cut, or leap up in celebration because the blade had missed her throat? Laiko shook his head, dismissing his indecision, and dropped to his knees beside her - his face wearing a twisted combination of relief and concern. He gnawed his lip nervously as he looked down on her, and he found his hands begin to shake as indecision paralysed him.
The next moment, Deja Vu consumed him, and Laiko felt his mind go blissfully blank and calm, just as it had when he had attacked the man now lying motionless beside them.
Not wasting another moment on hesitation, Laiko shifted Elora's petite form onto his lap with a brusque tug. The wound on her shoulder was deep, and bleeding heavily, but by no means was it fatal. Well, if she was left to bleed pointlessly then perhaps it would be, but he was certainly not going to let that happen.
With emotionless efficiency, Laiko ripped the sleeve off his shirt in a single, smooth motion. He applied pressure to the wound for a moment, slowing the bleeding, then bandaged it quickly and neatly - demonstrating the same level of skillfulness as any well trained paramedic. How or why he had come by these skills Laiko had no idea, but since many things in the world confused him, he would simply let it slide and be thankful that it had served him well.
Suddenly, Laiko's worry returned in floods. He winced at the sudden emotional blow, then turned his attention fully to Elora. He tapped her cheek lightly with his fingers. "Hey! Wake up!" He ordered, concern making his voice snappish and unstable. He needed some response from her... He needed to hear her voice. He needed reassurance.

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:21 am

Astraias body fell Limp into Laikos arms. her mind soon departing, she could not sence or feel anything. She was truely out of it. And the reason this be so? she did not know. Why was she so dead to the world? she hadnt been killed, so she thought. But then again it could have happened so fast that she had just missed the pian of death. But maybe she was in a dream, in so deep that she could not feel the world around her. HAd Laiko gotten away? maybe gone for help. She dear hope so, for if he was also dead and she was not then she would never be the same again.
Astraia began to feel a sudden warmth around her body, the touch of someone warmer than her, wait.., warmer..?? if that be so then was it fire. She fliched away, but her body did not respond. Maybe just her eyelids or her fingers twitch but other than that nothing happen. She had been cut of from all of her body. Though small sensations were getting through. She was either paralysed or she was just beging to come round. If it be so that she was paralysed, she would not forgive herself. Though for what reason it was her fault she did not understand, but she felt implied to make it be so. If she came out with just minor cuts and bruises she could maybe let it slide, but Laiko would not take the full blame for what happened to her, she would not let that be so.
She felt the slight touch of someone or something tapping her on her cheek. Though she did not understand why, but she felt implied to respond in some way. She attempted to move her fingers, hoping for her body respond to what simple task she asked for it to comand too. She felt the coo of someone forcing her around, gently shaking her, but with a serious force behind it. She stirred at the reluctancy of the one who was trying to wake her.
Astraia's eyes opened, her eyes unfocused and vision blured. Se let out a groan as she tried to but move the wrong arm, to sheild the brightness of the setting sun from her eyes still trying to regain focus of the light. She looked up to find a blury face looking down at her. She didnt know why hut she instanly smiled.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:10 pm

"Elora..." Laiko murmured quietly as he glimpsed a slight twitching in her eyelids and fingertips. His eyes narrowed in concern, and he bit deeper into his lip as he waited for some proper sort of response. It was not long before the metallic taste of blood filled his mouth, and Laiko released his lip. He ran his tongue oer it briefly, finding that it felt strangely unfamiliar with the imprints of his teeth altering its shape. His frown deepened as he watched Elora, and he was visited by a sudden urge to shake her as violently as he could and demand some response, but he crushed the impulse, for it was vile and brutal and clearly born of the panicked desperation he felt.
"Elora!" Laiko gasped as her eyes finally flicked open. "Oh thank goodness..." He murmured quietly, hanging his head and releasing a shaky breath - a relieved trembling gripping his body and causing him to break out in a cold sweat. He instantly returned her smile, though his was strained with guilt and worry. This was his fault... He didn't know how or why, but he knew it to be true. "Are you okay?" He murmured quietly, reaching down to tenderly brush her hair off her forehead. He watched her with concern, his brow furrowing again as he waited for her answer. Wait, what was he thinking?! Of course she was not okay! He was a damn fool, and even if he was not, he was certainly acting like one. He had to get Elora back to the house. After all, Laiko didn't know how long it would be until the attacker woke up. They would have to call the police... Soon. "Can you move?" Laiko asked gently, "You need to get inside... Get some sugar for the shock." He advised, his voice kind and concerned behind his hushed tone. His bright green eyes had faded to a slightly darker shade with his worry, and they searched her face now - darting back and forth to detect any tiny change in her expression that might indicate to him exactly what she was feeling. His fluffy blonde hair flopped down over his forehead and hung in soft curtains around his ears, tickling his cheeks as he watched her with his head bowed.

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:35 pm

As her eyes adjusted to the strength of the light, she could see the person who had hold of her. Laiko. Her smile widened as she saw him, he was not dead. They were not dead. Her breathing suddenly came fast, her heart racing, thinking back to the earlier moment. They could have both died but yet they were still breathing. Unless he had found her in the world of spirits and they were dead together. That did not really matter atleast they were together. She sturggled for words as her breathing was too fast and sharpe. She took one deep breath and then relaxed. Her heart beat and breathing slowly turning back to its usual beat. She wrapped her arms aroud Laiko and hugged him close. "Im so glad your alive" she spoke with soft words her voice almost, but a whisper. She realsed her grasp on Laiko and pulled herself into a sitting position. She was still sat on Laiko's lap not really registering that she was.
She wipped her hadn across her forehead feeling a little dizzy and tired. "I think i am okay, what about you?" She glanced at him and gave a soft smile, her beady but tired eyes shined in the setting sun giving them the illusion of gems. "Yeah i hink i can move, but i made need some help at first, just to get back on my feet and steadily" She smiled, completly forgetting about their earlier ordeal. "Yes, Sir!" She mimicked the hand guesture like the army troops to him and began laughing. She was soon brought upright as she sturggled laughing and it ended up as a cough that rattled her chest, as if she had been picked up and shook so violently everything inside her had become detached and rattled around. She clutched at the sharp pain in her ribs as she coughed. she glanced up at Laiko and gve a sorrowful smile "I guess im not okay after all"
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:57 pm

Laiko relaxed slightly as her smile widened, releasing a massive sigh and letting his tense shoulders slump as his own lips willingly mirrored it - no force required. Laiko blinked in slight surprise as Elora suddenly hugged him - slightly startled by the unexpectedly affectionate gesture. His shock stalled his response for moment, but after a brief hesitance, he encircled her in his arms and returned the hug with a gentle, careful grip. "Same to you." He murmured softly in response to her words. He rubbed her back lightly, hoping to calm and comfort her, then released her and let her pull back as he felt her grip on him slacken. He stifled a cough as he drew air back into his lungs, and he found his lips stretching into a wider smile as gratitude coursed through him. They were okay... Laiko was beginning to feel the prickly pins-and-needlesy feeling in his legs now which told him his blood supply was being cut off, but as Elora still seemed a little daze, he chose to say nothing, though he found his lips twitching in vague amusement. "That's good." He murmured quietly in response to her answer, "I am fine, too."
He returned her smile, the peaceful kindness in his gesture extending to his eyes - his gaze showing a hint of fond affection as he watched her. Only Elora could come so close to losing her life - probably because of him - and still immediately think to ask after his own health directly after the ordeal. Her unwavering compassion was just one of the many things he loved about her. Laiko nodded at her next words. "Of course, he replied kindly, threading his arms under hers to help lift her up. He burst out laughing at her salute, but ceased abruptly when he sensed something was wrong. "What is it? What's wrong?" He asked sharply, his face instantly creasing into that tiresome frown again as he glanced her over. "Actually, never mind, we can speak once you're somewhere safe." He concluded firmly, his eyebrows still knit together with concern. "Come." He offered, stooping down slightly, "I'll carry you if you like."

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next