Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Scars' (Polopocalypse and Battleaxe) - Mature Content

2 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

'Scars' (Polopocalypse and Battleaxe) - Mature Content - Page 10 Empty Re: 'Scars' (Polopocalypse and Battleaxe) - Mature Content

Post  Batcat Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:15 pm

[[Oh yeah Wink When are you going to sleep?]]

Kelli bit her lip nervously as he walked over to her slowly. Was she what he expected? Did she meet his standards? Was shee good enough for him? These worries plagued her mind and she fought to keep the panic down. It was hard for her, though.
He finally came and set his hands on her shoulders. That did it. All of the uneasiness and fright washed away from her and she was left there, completely calm and eager, with her best friend. And they were both half naked.
She ran her fingers lightly over the scars that covered his body like the first time she'd reunited with him. She'd never forgotten how they looked; those signs of his pain and suffering were burnt crisply into her memory. They were images of brutality and the hard life he'd led when he was away from her. And although they would heal, they'd never let him forget.
She moved her fingers away and looked up at him, eyes huge and wondering. She moved her hand to his face and brushed it along his cheek, his nose, his jawine, memorizing every detail. It was wonderful. He was glorious, and she would never compare to his radiance in any way. He was rugged and weary but so perfect at the same time.
And he was all hers.
She smiled and threw her arms up around his neck, causing his hands to slip from her shoulders and down to her waist. She kissed him passionately and forcefully on the lips, crushing her face to his. This moment was just so right. There was nothing she would change.
Batcat
Batcat

http://christmas-khaleesi.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

'Scars' (Polopocalypse and Battleaxe) - Mature Content - Page 10 Empty Re: 'Scars' (Polopocalypse and Battleaxe) - Mature Content

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:30 pm

(( A long time ago. Razz Had to stay up late to work on an art project, and I was DRAINED. Still am, actually... ))

Mitch let Kelli's fingers explore his scarred chest - sometimes flinching or wincing if they passed over a sensitive part. He still had plenty of new bruises from his fights in prison, and those burns from the incident at the old hotel were still tender, even after a month of healing.
Still, he did not object to the touch. In fact, he leaned into it, welcoming the intimacy.
Finally, Kelli's hands fell back to her sides, and her wide eyes met his. He gazed into them, warm and welcoming, and his lips quirked a tiny smile as she reached out for his face.
After a long moment, she returned his smile - then snatched him up into a fiery kiss.
He felt her passion burn through him, and he responded as though at the flick of a switch.
He met that kiss with full force, drawing upon every emotion he had stored deep inside, and releasing them with full force into the elaborate dance his tongue was twisting with Kelli's.
His hands gripped tightly around her waist at first - but then he let one creep slowly up her back, fingers pressing at the warm, soft skin beneath his touch.
He felt his heart begin to race, his pulse suddenly thundering in is ears as outside reality became warped, and his entire world focused only on Kelli.
He felt her touch like an electric shock - more deeply intimate than ever before - and he suddenly found that he couldn't get enough of her.
Just one taste, and he was addicted. The feeling was vaguely familiar... But he couldn't remember why. What space had he for thought when his mind was entirely focused on the present moment?
He began edging forward, still kissing her, and slowly pushed her back into the bedroom.
He couldn't stop, now. Though his anger now slumbered, an unknown beast had woken within him - composed solely of lust and fiery passion, it bellowed its impatience, and clawed viciously at the bars of its cage, demanding its release. Soon enough, he would not be able to deny it. He was caught up in the moment, and there was no turning back now...
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:04 am

[[Typical Polo. Waiting until the last minute to do something Wink]]

As she stumbled backwards towards the bedroom while being herded by Mitch, Kelli tried not to trip or break the rhythm of their kiss. It was so unlike anything she'd ever done before. They'd always been simple kisses, just brief "good night" ones after a date. But this was full of passion and emotion. This was real. And it was every bit dirty as she was feeling right now.
And frankly, she liked it.
Mitch's hands snaking over he body sent shivers through her. She couldn't stop, and the scary thing was just didn't want to. If she went through with this, she'd lose the very last little piece of her that still was innocent.
Was she really ready for this?
Yes! the back of her mind screamed at her. She was ready for this. She always had been. This was Mitch she was talking about. This was okay. They were practically married, anyway.
She guided his hand up her back to the hook of the lacy bra, placing his fingers there and leaving them be. He'd do what he wanted.
By this time, they'd already reached the bedroom. So she turned him around and went to push him down onto the bed, kicking the door shut as she did.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:14 am

((Dude, for once I DIDN'T!! We only got it on Tuesday! Teacher just didn't give us enough time! O.o Thankfully, I stayed after school today to get a lot more done, and now there's just a small bit I have to finish off tonight. Smile So, bye bye stress! XD For now...
Oh, and I'm not sure if I remembered to tell you - tonight is my last night RPing with you. Sad I leave tomorrow...
Matric camp.
I'll be able to post in the morning, but that's it - so you'll have the whole weekend after that to work on your response. Razz
But hey, never fear, I'll be back for you on Sunday evening. Smile ))

Mitch felt Kelli guiding his and upwards, and when he felt the clasp of her bra at his fingertips, he immediately knew what was expected of him.
His fingers fumbled awkwardly for a while - because it was difficult to get that clasp undone with just one hand, and he knew his other wouldn't be of much use.
He broke the kiss for a spilt second as his lips pulled unbidden into a snarl, and he uttered a frustrated growl in the back of his throat.
The next moment, however, he had it - and as the article fell to the floor, his lips met hers again in full force.
Next thing he knew, she'd pushed him back toward the bed. His legs hit into it, and his knees buckled automatically, leaving him lying back on the bed.
His good hand clawed at the button of his jeans, and after a moment of struggle, he had it undone.
He had completely forgotten to be nervous, now. Hell, he'd forgotten he even had the ability to think... He was little better than a wild animal.
In fact, that was exactly what he was acting like... An animal. And it felt F**king great!

((Time skip? XD ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:33 pm

[[Dude that sucks D: And yeah I'll time skip, but go to bed. I'll think of a response Wink What is Matric camp?]]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:36 pm

((Stop being so friggin American. XD
Matric.
Year 12.
Senior Year.
I don't know what you guys call it... Razz Last year of highschool. So we're going on our last school camp as a class, basically. I usually never go on camps, but since it's the last one... *Shrug*

I'm off to bed. Smile Happy posting. ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:40 pm

[[We call it Kairos. It's basically a week long retreat. Night! Wink]]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:40 pm

[[Dude, it's a co-ed trip? Lucky duck -.- *glares at all girls school with distaste*]]

Kelli cracked one eye open to see sunlight filtering in through the window and realized she must have slept for at least fourteen hours. The tension in her muscles suggested that, and this was the first real night of sleep she'd gotten in... well, at least a month. Ever since Mitch had gone to jail. But they'd gotten him out.
And suddenly the memories of the following hours after she'd been standing in line to "visit" the convict hit her again. The reuniting, the breaking out, the shooting those two innocent cops... She frowned and squeezed her eyes shut again, not wanting to think of that. Her muscles were sore and screaming at her. She realized she wasn't wearing any clothes and thought that that was strange. She couldn't have been that tired.
She turned over and saw Mitch undressed exactly like her.
Right.
Nervously, she bit her lip and watched him, feeling extremely guilty for what they'd done. She'd broken every single rule now. All of her former self was now gone, washed away with her comforts and boundaries. She was a new person now, and she didn't know if she liked that.
It wasn't that she hadn't enjoyed it - because she really had. It felt so nice to be so... close to someone. Even if Mitch had been far too eager and animal like for her liking. But that was okay. It was alright for just one night.
Maybe they could do it her way next time.
She snorted and sat up, gazing afectionately down at the sleeping man. Gently, she placed her hand over his chest and traced his scars aabsently. It was like a habit now. Bored? Why don't you go pet Mitch's scars?
Kelli rolled her eyes and bent over, kissing his jaw line gently and whispering, "Wake up, sleepy head."
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:30 pm

((Makes no difference to me, really. XD First co-ed trip I'm going on, though, now you mention it... And ours is only a weekend. School camp over a WEEKEND, I ask you?! Stupid school. -_- ))

When Mitch felt lips at his jaw, and a quiet voice in his ear, he woke abruptly. Momentarily forgetting where he was, his sleep-addled mind let instincts take over, and he bolted upright - producing a dagger from the middle of nowhere (these were never far from him, even if he kept them well hidden) and wheeling to face his potential attacker.
He expected to look up into the grinning, whiskery face of some cocky convict, but instead he saw Kelli, and the aggression rapidly drained out of him.
With a shaky sigh, he dropped the dagger, and it hit the floor with a loud clatter.
"Sorry, Kells." He murmured, rubbing his eyes groggily, then raking his fingers through his hair in a gesture of stress. "Old habits..."
How many times had he said that, now? Was it really any excuse? Perhaps not... But it was the truth. It would take him some time to get used to the fact that not everybody was looking to stab him in his sleep.
Finally, he sighed and let go of the tension, turning to Kelli with a smile, and gently brushing her hair away from her cheek.
Memories of the previous night fluttered through his mind, and he felt himself blush deeply. Shy Mitch was back, apparently - and perhaps it was for the better. He had been getting carried away...
"Thanks for last night." He whispered, one corner of his smile quirking upwards, and his eyes shining warmly, even from within a subtly shy expression. "That was... Incredible." He chuckled awkwardly under his breath, "Second best night of my life." He added with a wink.
The best had been a long time ago. Nearly nine years, now... But he remembered it clearly. The night he had left the orphanage - when he and Kelli had stayed up on the roof long past curfew - sitting under the stars and making empty promises... Then again, they weren't so empty now, were they? He smiled at the thought; a warm, sweet and earnest smile - not his usual cocky or teasing sort.
The night appeared to have softened him, at least temporarily. He was lulled into placidity.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:09 pm

Kelli jumped backwards when he yanked his knife up and seemingly prepared to stab her. She had done that horribly right? Sure she was inexperienced and way too innocent to do anything really dirty, but she thought it had been pretty good, especially for her first time. Oh well. Maybe he wanted something different.
She sighed and chastised herself for thinking so negatively about it. Of course that wasn't why. It was just a reflex from the years he'd been a gangster and that horrible month of prison...
Sighing, she smiled at his apology, shrugging it off and closing her eyes as he pushed her hair to the side of her face. It felt nice, the gentle butterfly touch of his rough fingers. Those same fingers that had wrapped around matches and tightened around daggers and pulled triggers that ended lives were now caressing her face and making her feel alive.
How ironic.
Chuckling, she got up as he thanked her for the night. "I should be thanking you. But only second? Such a disappointment." She chuckled and winked to show she was only joking, swinging her legs over the side of the bed as she did so. She stretched upward, wincing as the sore muscles protested against the movement. She was tired; the night had really taken a lot of energy out of her.
Sighing, Kelli padded over to the small pile of clothing beside the bed. Most of it was Mitch's but she picked through it until she found her undergarments, pulling them on slowly. She didn't really intend to give him a show, but assumed she was.
As she pulled her underwear over her legs, she finally noticed the bruises, blossoming bright blue and black across her thighs. There were a couple with distinct hand shapes. Frowning, she looked at her arms and noticed the same thing, except there were also nail marks. Jesus. What exactly had happened?

[[I lied. Got back today Very Happy]]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:34 am

((WOOOP!!!! Very Happy Dude, I missed you SO much! O.o ))

“Hey, you remember the best.” He reminded her, expression arranged into a crooked grin, “That night at the orphanage…” He trailed off, then, his expression becoming somewhat unfocused and drawing into a frown as Kelli began to dress. It took a while to register, and longer still for him to make sense of it – but the bruises were there, clear as day. And as he remembered just whose fault they were, the realization struck an iron fist to his stomach.
He was literally winded from the punch of guilt, and before he could even catch his breath, it was festering. He felt cruel guilt burning brightly throughout him, and any ghost of a smile was eliminated from his face.
He said nothing, but got up slowly and silently dressed.
Well, he pulled on his boxers, anyway. He didn’t bother with anything else – it was too hot for a shirt, and those jeans were still impossible to operate with only one hand.
This thought made him glance at his hand, and he winced when pain shot through him.
Of course, he had f**ked it up even more last night. Just perfect.
What the Hell am I? A bloody animal?!
With a shudder and a sigh, he stepped slowly over to Kelli. Those few steps seemed to take an awful long time… It was like one of those nightmares where you keep running, but only get further away from your destination…
But finally, he reached her, and as his eyes fell once again upon the bruises, a lump formed in his throat.
He loved this girl. He loved her – so why the Hell had he hurt her like this? He had used her, taken advantage…
He honestly didn’t think he had ever hated himself more than he did at that moment. He wasn’t sure if he wanted to cry, scream, or punch the wall. Probably the latter, but he had learned from experience not to do that.
“I hurt you…” He whispered at last, tongue darting out to moisten dry lips. “Kelli, I-“ He couldn’t go on. His voice trembled, then failed him, and he was left frowning at her in silence – looking deeply upset. More so than any tough badass like he was supposed to be ought ever to look.
His fingers trailed gently over the bruises on her arm, and he had to swallow thickly past the lump in his throat.
He shook his head, and instead of an apology, four toneless words left his lips. “I have to go.”

He silently cursed his pride as he turned away and left the room, grabbing his pants on the way.
He managed to wrestle himself into them before he left the house – getting through it just by spewing out a fluent string of curses under his breath to distract from the pain in his hand.
Once appropriately dressed, he left.
He needed some time alone to clear his head…

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:29 am

[[I got back and I was like, "Who is Olop?" O_o She ate Polo.]]

When she was done examining herself, Kelli lifted her eyes to see Mitch's reaction. He was pulling on his own boxers, which was perfectly fine. It was time to get dressed and face the real world again, no matter how much she didn't want to. No matter how much she just wanted to lie there in his arms forever and feel safe - even if he had been hurting her.
But then he looked up and seemingly took notice of what he'd done. Guilt twisted his features into a grimace that was painful for her to even watch. What anguish was he feeling inside? She nearly stepped forward with a gentle word of encouragement, but he'd beaten her to it. Slowly he moved his left foot forward, placing it heavily on the ground as if he might slip. Again, he repeated it with the right until he was right in front of her.
Kelli saw Mitch's eyes flicker once again to the patches of color spreading along her limbs. Suddenly feeling self conscious, she angled her body so that it would be harder for him to see them. It didn't matter, though. He was already walking out the door, those two unfinished sentences hanging in the air like storm clouds.
"I have to go."
No, you don't, she wanted to say. You don't because I love you and nothing you could ever do, not even this, could take that away from me. Mitch, come back. Mitch, stay with me. Mitch...
But the door slammed shut.
Sobbing, she collapsed to the ground in a heap, wondering how something that felt so perfect could have gone so wrong.

Arion saw Mitch storm out of the room angrily, as if something bad had happened. Something terrible probably happened, nevermind bad. Frowning, he held out a granola bar to the man.
"Eat some breakfast and go for a walk." He suggested calmly, caring eyes searching every detail of his face. Mitch wasn't his type of guy, but there was still something about him...
Sighing, he looked away, still awkwardly holding out the granola bar.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:20 am

((Haha! Sharp one, ain't, ya? Wink
Sorry for the delay, now that I'm done watching one the dumbest, worst-acted, yet oddly addictive movies in the world, I shall reply. Razz ))

Mitch grunted something that might have been thanks, and took the granola bar without breaking stride, or meeting Arion's eye. He wripped off the wrapped with his teeth, and bit into the slim little bar with a savage fury, tearing off a bite as though it were a slab of meat rather than a simple little bar.
By the time he stepped through the door, leaving it to slam shut behind him, he had already finished his makeshift breakfast. But it sat uncomfortably in his writhing gut - and it did not stay there long.
He threw up just as soon as he had staggered a few steps into the forest.

It was funny how guilt could affect a guy... Especially Mitch, who was not used to feeling anything of the sort. He thought he had numbed himself to it... Funny how he could burn homes to the ground, and the only disappointment would be that the death count wasn't high enough... Yet he got a little rough with Kelli, and suddenly he was so disgusted with himself that he quite literally couldn't keep his food down.
Self loathing kept him walking through that forest for longer than he cared to remember - and if he was lost, he paid no mind to it. All he could think of were those dark marks on Kelli's body, and her complete disregard of them - as though she didn't blame him at all? Why didn't she? Why hadn't she stopped him, if he was hurting her?!
A voice in the back of his mind reminded him that he probably would not have listened, but he was too busy throwing the blame onto Kelli's shoulders to pay it any mind.
It was her fault he had to feel this way. Her fault for making him fall in love... Her fault for letting him go through with what had clearly been a mistake. Her fault for being so f**king forgiving, and not thinking to scold him for even a minute. If she'd been pissed, this all would've been so much easier.

These thoughts went on a while - and when he finally calmed his anger enough to let them slide, he just felt himself feeling more fiercely guilty than ever for his unfair thoughts.
Lunch time came and went, and he found himself growing hungry, tired, and - though he would not admit it - a little lonely.
He couldn't go back, though... He didn't know what he was supposed to say if he did.
So he kept walking and walking - and then finally, he could take it no longer.
He found his way back by early evening, and let himself into the house - guilty, ashamed, but calmer than before.
He took a deep breath to steel himself, swallowed thickly, and went off to find Kelli.
"Kelli..." He dropped his gaze to the ground, unable to meet her eye, and his tongue darted over his dry lips. "Babe, can I... Talk to you for a minute?"
He looked up at her, head still bowed, but eyes stretching up to meet her gaze.
Mitch still looked upset, he still looked guilty... In fact, he was so stressed, sweaty and tired that he even looked rather ill - but he was ready to be a man, and try to fix this, rather than raging about it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:39 am

Kelli's feeble body was wracked with waves of sob after sob. Tears streamed down her face, staining her cheeks with salty trails of dampness. Her eyes were red and she was sniffling, not in a pretty movie kind of way, but full out sobbing and hiccuping and snorting. It hurt her stomach. She couldn't feel anything.
The numbness was good. It let her pretend like there wasn't a world around her, like she didn't have any problems to deal with, like she could just sit them forever and suffer in her misery. This was torturing her, but she felt detatched. She couldn't put her finger on what it was. Again, the numbness clouded her mind.
She refused to think.

Some time later, a pair of large, warm hands gently lifted Kelli's half naked body up and to his chest. Oh, Mitch, she thought, I'm sorry, I'm so, so sorry.
But it wasn't him.
Arion's sympathetic face looked down at her worriedly, like he actually cared about her safety. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. What did it matter now? Mitch was gone. He probably wasn't coming back for her either.
The thought caused a terror so deep and cold to blossom within her that she leaned over his arm and threw up - or rather tried to. No matter how hard she retched, nothing came up. How long had it been since she'd eaten? Maybe a day ago or so. She'd eaten a pretty big meal before they'd gone to the jail...
She knew she was just distracting herself then.
If Mitch was gone, she knew she wouldn't be able to go on. She'd already tried once, and it didn't end up so well. She couldn't do it again, especially after everything that'd happened. She just couldn't.
Immediately, her thoughts turned to the knife that lay on the ground beside their bed. If he didn't come back within the day... well, there would always be that...

The hours came and went. Kelli blankly watched the sun as it made its arc over the sky through the huge windows on the wall. She ate whatever Arion offered her, but nothing more. She didn't get up. She didn't switch positions. It seemed as if nothing was happening with her.
But she was having a struggle inside of her. If Mitch were to just leave after he selpt with her, what did that prove? That he'd only wanted her for her body, and now that he'd gotten it he would leave? She didn't believe he was capable of that, but maybe the gang really had changed him. He'd said rape was not his thing, and she believed him. He was a horrible liar. But maybe he'd gotten better.
Thoughts like this continued to swarm her head. She tried desperately to think of anything else, but she couldn't. Nothing could ever take the place of her best friend.
Her best friend.
Right.
She snorted and the door swung open. The heavy footsteps trudged over to her, and she knew without looking up who it was. She'd recognize him from anywhere.
"Kelli... Babe, can I... Talk to you for a minute?"
She knew he wasn't looking her in the eye. Fine. She wouldn't either. She was angry that he'd completely gone off without a word. She'd been thinking about killing herself just a few moments ago because of this boy! And now he was back here?
She knew that her anger was unreasonable, but she couldn't stop herself. Just like that one time with the tree.
Frowning, she remembered where that had gotten her and decided to hold her tongue.
"What."
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:08 pm

Hearing the sharp edge to Kelli's tone made Mitch relax slightly. Knowing that she was upset with him made things easier. Suddenly, it was reality - not the strange dreamworld he had been seeing before - and reality was something he knew how to deal with.
"Listen, I..." He trailed off, and frowned in annoyance when his words failed him. "I've spent hours trying to think of how I'm supposed to apologise to you, but I still don't have a f**king idea." He shook his head. "I was a real jerk. And believe me, I really hate myself for doing that to do..." A grim, humourless chuckle escaped his lips. "F**k. I don't think I've ever been more disgusted with myself, and I've done some disgusting sh*t."
He pursed his lips, and his fingers reached out for her arm – gently touching the cruel bruises that they had left there the night before.
Mitch’s expression flickered briefly toward a snarl, but he choked back the self-loathing.
“I honestly don’t know what to say, because I’ve got no excuse. I was too rough and I hurt you – and I’m sorry.” He spoke quickly and blankly, as though he was giving a lecture, rather than what was supposed to be an emotional apology. He was just trying to get his point across.
“I honestly don’t know how people go about apologizing, but I swear I never meant to hurt you, Kells. I feel bloody awful, you’ve no idea…” He shook his head, “I’m a pathetic excuse for a man, and a failure as a boyfriend – but I swear to you I’ll be a better husband.”
He reached into his pocket, and produced a small object that he flicked to her as though flipping a coin.
It was the ring that he had taken out of their room in the abandoned hotel.
Mitch’s expression did not waver – it remained neutral. Unreadable. He just stood there – still, silent, and waiting.

((Wow, he really doesn't know how to apologise, does he? XD Nice, Mitchell. Real nice. *Shakes head* ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:24 pm

Kelli only half listened as Mitch went on apologizing and apologizing. He should have known she wasn't angry about the bruises. Hell, they didn't even hurt. They were just reminders of the intimacy they'd shared, and she was thankful for it. The whole day she'd been wondering if it had just been a dream. But no. The blood stains on the bed told her it wasn't. Now that had hurt, but the pain was soon forgotten.
The only thing she remembered was him.
The thought caused her lips to twitch upward in a half smile, and she forgot she was mad at him. She just forgot. The emotion washed out of her head and left the room, as quickly as it had come. She knew she couldn't be mad at Mitch. It was unfair, and she'd have done the same thing if she'd been in his position.
So when he flicked the ring at her, she caught it and glanced at it briefly, not really understanding its significance. It was from the hotel. The really pretty gold one with the ruby in the middle that glinted like fire in the light.
Why was he giving it to her?
Oh.
Kelli looked back up at him, eyes welling with tears. She quietly slipped the ring ont her finger and leapt up, wrapping her bruised arms around his neck, squeezing tightly. She would never let him go.
"yes." She whispered into his ear, letting her lips graze across his lobe. This was perfect.
A song popped into her mind from after Mitch had left and she was still in the orphanage. The lyrics had touched her heart, but she didn't understand them. And now she did.

Hold me closer one more time,
Say that you love me in your last goodbye,
Please forgive me for my sins,
Yes, I swam dirty waters,
But you pushed me in,
I've seen your face under every sky,
Over every border and on every line,
You know my heart more than I do,
We were the greatest, me and you,

But we had time against us,
And miles between us,
The heavens cried,
I know I left you speechless,
But now the sky has cleared and it's blue,
And I see my future in you,

I'll be waiting for you when you're ready to love me again,
I put my hands up,
I'll do everything different,
I'll be better to you,
I put my hands up,
I'll be somebody different,
I'll be better to you,

Let me stay here for just one more night,
Build your world around me,
And pull me to the light,
So I can tell you that I was wrong,
I was a child then, but now I'm willing to learn,

But we had time against us,
And miles between us,
The heavens cried, I know I left you speechless,
But now the sky has cleared and it's blue,
And I see my future in you,

I put my hands up,
I'll be better to you,
I put my hands up,
I'll be better to you,

Time against us,
Miles between us,
Heavens cried,
Time against us,
Miles between us,
Heavens cried,
I'll be waiting,

I put my hands up,
I'll be better to you,
I put my hands up,
I'll be better to you.

Yes, they were good lyrics...

[[I'll Be Waiting by Adele. O_o]]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:42 pm

Mitch didn't move an inch when Kelli leapt up to hug him. He just stood there like a statue, expression just the same, and let her throw her happiness at him.
He didn't deserve it...
"I've never really believed in marriage." He murmured softly, absentmindedly raising his good hand to run it softly up and down her spine. "It always seemed like just an empty promise to me. But then again, I didn't believe in love, either..." He trailed off, and gently pushed Kelli back from him so he could look her in the eye.
Still, he did not smile. His expression was deadly serious.
It must have been the strangest proposal in history...
"But you changed my mind, Kelli." He muttered softly, "Today made me realise... If this is going to work, I've got to put the past behind me. I can't keep bouncing back and forth like this – it’s not fair on you, and it’s not fair on me. So this-“ He gestured toward the ring on her finger, “Is me promising you that from now on I’m all in. No more excuses, no more living in the past. I’m leaving everything behind now, and starting a new life – with you. And if that gets me killed, then f**k the universe – because it’d be worth it.”
He nodded firmly, and his gaze met hers intensely – a savage, passionate glare.
He was just the same as he’d always been, but now his determination had swung in a totally different direction. Kelli was his life now – and he intended to give that life his all.
He’d make her happy even if it killed him – because when he made a promise, he f**king kept it!
“I love you, Kelli.” He informed her, still glaring seriously.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:02 pm

Kelli bit her lip, the happiness slowly ebbing away from her as she realized Mitch was like stone. Stoic. Unresponsive. Definitely not happy. What was going on? It seemed like there was some stuff he wasn't telling her. But what? Who could possibly want to break her heart with this? In her head, she scrolled through the list of people that hated her, looking for someone that could possibly be setting Mitch up for this. Only one person really came to mind. The other cheerleader from high school that was competitive with her. Shae.
Frowning, she listened as the words coming from his lips sounded like lines from a script. He was hopeless with charm - seriously, f**k the universe? Not your typical engagement speech.
What was going on? What could possibly be going through his head?
"I love you, too, Mitch." She murmured quietly, eyes flicking around him, looking anywhere but his face. This mistrust, she couldn't take it. It seemed like everything was fine when they were on their own, just the two of them against the world. She couldn't shake the feeling that politics were creeping into their relationship now, and the thought killed her.
So she just stood there, looking mutely at her bare feet as they stood on the hard wood floor, doing their best to keep her firmly planted there and not fall down. Never again.

[[I just had to mess it up for them. We can't have our characters actually be happy, right? xD And who'd be better to mess things up than Shae? She's not going to come in yet. I just had to leave the door open. Y'know?]]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:17 pm

((I don't fully understand what the plan is - but go right ahead... XD ))

Far from comforting him, Kelli’s reply brought a frown to Mitch’s face, and he bowed his head slightly, eyes seeking out hers – challenging her to meet his gaze.
“Do you?” He murmured quietly – and he was surprised to hear a voice that was supposed to be strong come out barely over a whisper. “Then look me in the eye when you say it.”
He kept that same challenging expression, and though outwardly he looked confident – inwardly he feared her response.
He had just opened his heart to her, which was something he never did, and handed her a dagger to stab it with.
He was trusting her not to… So why couldn’t she look him in the eye?
“Kelli…” He murmured softly, and something in his voice hinted that he expected the worst. “Tell me, Love. Tell me what’s wrong.”
His rough hand found her cheek, and cupped about it gently. His expression showed patience and acceptance – but behind guarded eyes was a powerful misery carving out a chasm in his chest.
She didn’t love him – and because he loved her, he would be okay with that.
At least, he would pretend to be.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:25 pm

[[I don't either. But if things get boring I'll probably bring my dearest Shae in to spice things up Wink]]

This was hurting her. Kelli couldn't deny it. This conversation started by a gesture of such love was now turning around and stabbing her in the back like the turncoat love could be. Painstakingly, she looked him in the eyes and whispered with more conviction,
"I do love you. I really do. I've loved you for years, Mitch." She took and deep breath and slowly let it out, the warm air escaping her lips with nervous shakiness. Her knees were quivering beneath her. She was terrified of this boy for some reason. He had so much power over her as she'd realized this afternoon. He had power over her life. And he'd just pledged himself to her.
That should be good, right?
Yes, but how much did his promises mean? She had no idea who he was, and that hurt her. He had definitely changed, and she wanted to believe that deep down inside he was still that same innocent little boy that watched the stars with her. She could almost see him, his cropped hair and mischevous eyes... But he was gone, replaced by this man in front of her.
Who was he?
"I don't know you, Mitch." She finally whispered. "I don't know who you are, or what you do. I know where you came from and who you used to be, but who are you now?"
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:07 pm

((Sounds fun! XD Good old Shae. Wink ))

For just a moment Mitch was relieved – but then he felt Kelli shaking, and he traded his relief for concern – holding her shoulders in a strong grip to keep her steady.
“Babe-“
"I don't know you, Mitch."
These words came as a shocking blow to Mitch – more painful still because he had known for a long time that they were coming.
Thankfully, he’d had a long time to think about what he was going to say…
Funnily enough, he didn’t use a single word from those months on thinking…
"I don't know who you are, or what you do. I know where you came from and who you used to be, but who are you now?"
He seized the moment, and spoke on impulse alone!
“Who am I now?” Mitch repeated, “I’m just an ordinary guy, standing here, and opening my heart to you. I’m just a guy, promising you that I’ll never hurt you again. That I’ll stand by you and love you through thick and thin. That I’ll change my life and live for you alone.” He met her gaze with hard eyes – fiery in their determination and absolute sincerity.
Now that… That could pass for a proposal…
“I know I’ve changed since you knew me, but Kelli, I never go back on my word. I’ve kept every promise I made – and sure, I made some bad ones – but not once did I break one. If you can trust anything about me, Kells, you can trust me to keep my word.”
Then, for the first time since early that morning, he smiled. Just a tiny, subtle smile – but it was packed with warmth, and his voice was tender when he added,
“I promised I’d marry you, didn’t I? Even as a stupid kid,” He laughed, “I knew what I wanted.”
He took her hand in his, and pulled her gently toward him.
“You know what I’ve done and what it turned me into. You knew all along, because I never hid it from you – but you accepted me anyway. That’s why, from now on, you’ll have all of me. I’ll be somebody to trust, somebody to rely on. I’ll be a shoulder to cry on when you’re sad, and a protector when you’re scared. I know I’ve hurt you, Kelli. I know, too many times, I’ve let you down – but what I’m asking for now is my last second chance. No more screw-ups, no more apologies. From now on…” He glanced toward the ring, “I swear to you, I’ll be everything you’ve ever wanted.”
He looked up at her again, and met her eyes intensely.

He planned to leave it at that, but after a few tense moment, the seriousness of the situation became too much for him, and his lips quirked a smile. He glanced away, and a chuckle slipped out under his breath.
“F**k, Kelli. Look at me – you’ve turned me totally soft. I should be ashamed of myself.”
The smirk on his face clearly stated that he wasn’t.
“So Babe, does that answer your question?”

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:51 am

"I swear to you, I’ll be everything you’ve ever wanted.”
He thought he wasn''t? Mitch thought he wasn't everything she ever wanted? Why had that idea popped into his head? Where would he ever draw that conclusion? She loved him for who he was! She just didn't know him anymore. It was possible to love someone you don't know...
"It does." Kelli whispered, leaning down with a soft smile and kissing his forhead. "You've always been everything I've ever wanted - even when I didn't know it. All I'm saying is that you're a different person now, and I want to know that person."
She smiled at him and opened her mouth to say more, but was interrupted as Arion walked in, a nervous expressionn on his face. He didn't even notice the ring or the tears of joy streaming down her face.
Awkwardly, he rubbed the back of his neck with his hand before saying, "I was just watching the news. The police are coming here. You guys need to leave. I'm sorry." He frowned and tossed a duffel bag full of clothes and canned food and bandages at them. He looked at them with anguish in his eyes. "I really wish you guys could have stayed... but I don't want Mitch going to jail again. I know how it is in there." He bit his lip and walked out of the room.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:15 am

((You okay Battleaxe? ))

"You will." Mitch promised, his mouth quirking a crooked grin as he reached out to ruffle Kelli's hair.
He dropped his hand back to his side as Arion walked in - obviously not comfortable showing affection in front of the other man - for whatever reason.
Perhaps he didn't want Arion to realize what was going on, in case he tried to talk Kelli out of it...
After all, what sort of guy wouldn't discourage his friend from marrying a murdering lunatic arsonist?
But Arion didn't even notice the atmosphere in the room - he had his own news. Bad news.
I was just watching the news. The police are coming here. You guys need to leave. I'm sorry."
He caught the bag that Arion tossed him, and stood abruptly, fixing the man with a intense gaze.
It seemed almost as though he intended to stab him...
"I really wish you guys could have stayed... but I don't want Mitch going to jail again. I know how it is in there."
Arion turned to leave, then, but Mitch caught his shoulder in a vice grip, and swung the man back around to face him.
There was a thick moment of tension when Mitch met his eyes harshly, and it was impossible to tell what he was going to do - but then he slapped Arion on the shoulder, and jerked his head in a brief nod.
"Thanks, man. I owe ya..."
He glanced around the room, and conveniently found a pen and a writing pad beside the phone. He scrawled something down, and ripped off the page, slapping it into Arion's hand.
"If you're ever in a tight spot, call me. You'd be surprised how useful I can be. I have-" He paused, and uttered a dark chuckle, "Enemies in low places..."
With a brief wink, he clapped Arion on the shoulder again, then reached for Kelli's hand and pulled her to her feet.
"Best get movin', Babe."

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:02 am

[[Yep, I'm fine ^^ Although I have a pretty busy day today, eating ice cream and petting cats and watching Titanic... haha kidding, I do have a lot of homework, though, so I probably won't be on much.]]

Kelli watched with growing horror as Mitch stood and glared at Arion with intense hatred. It seemed as though he wanted to kill the poor guy. And Arion, being as preoccupied as he was, didn't notice. He just calmly walked out of the room and didn't even hear Mitch's heavy footsteps on the floor. Typical.
Frowning, she watched as Mitch spun Arion around with a low growl in his throat, like he was going to eat the other man for not letting them stay. She knew it was terrible, but she didn't put it past him. Mitch usually let his emotions get the best of him...
She let out a sigh of relief when he just clapped Arion on the back and thanked him for everything he'd done. Then he scrawled a phone number or something down on a piece of paper with a thankful offer. Arion glanced at it and then tore it into small strips.
"Thanks. Can't have the police finding this, though." He chuckled and winked at Kelli. "Have fun, Mrs. Mitch."
With that, he whirled away and left the room, going off to his bedroom and slamming the door.
Kelli sighed. "He has photographic memory. He won't need that." She nodded to the small shreds of paper on the ground and grabbed Mitch's hand.
"Right then. Let's get going."
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:26 am

"He's a sharp one, isn't he?" Mitch commented, watching Arion leave in wonderment.
He wondered if he'd be that intuitive if he was gay. Then again, that was probably stereotyping or something. But whatever - he didn't care.
He sighed, shaking his head and heading for the door with Kelli's hand still tight in his.
Once they were outside, he broke into a job - helping her keep pace with him, just like that first night.
"Where should we go?" He asked, speaking in between carefully spent breaths, "I don't know anywhere safe any more. Criminals are out to get me, cops are out to get me - I don't fit on either side of the law." He laughed and shook his head, "I might as well become a politician."

He stopped jogging once they were a safe distance from the house, and walked quietly in the shade of the forest instead, slowly catching his breath.
His fingers stroked Kelli's fondly, feeling the pleasantly unfamiliar gold band of the ring under their touch.
"I'm happy you said yes." He said after a while, releasing her hand and slipping his arm around her shoulders to give her a squeeze, "But what are we going to do now?" He frowned, "I've stuck you with all my problems..."

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10