Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Scars' (Polopocalypse and Battleaxe) - Mature Content

2 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

'Scars' (Polopocalypse and Battleaxe) - Mature Content - Page 2 Empty Re: 'Scars' (Polopocalypse and Battleaxe) - Mature Content

Post  Batcat Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:16 pm

[[Dummies? The thing you put in a baby's mouth to shut them up? We call if a pcifier because it pacifies them... O.O *bites* And I totally burst into laughter at Mitch's word choice for Kelli. Ahahahaha.]]

Kelli watched Mitch as he got lost in his own thoughts. He always did that, and it suited him. His face would soften just a little as he relaxed, like he wasn't thinking about how rigid he had to be, or how fierce he had to look. It was just him being... him. She liked that.
He looked troubled, though, and she was just about to say she would find somewhere to live, but he interupted her with his offer.
His house couldn't have been any more of a sh*thole than hers had been. She'd done her best to keep it clean and tidy, but bugs always found a way to get back inside. Mold always found the moisture to fuel their growths under the walls. And no amount of perfume or air freshener could get rid of the stench in the air. It was like someone had died - which in all reality was quite possible. She hated living there, and she was sure her house hated her too. So there. Nothing could be any worse than that flat.
"I just... I don't know how safe it would be. Don't take this the wrong way, but you're kind of..."
Kind of what? Girly? Too nice? Smart? Or was it something worse?
"F*ckable."
Kelli couldn't stop herself. She exploded in a burst of laughter, that word so ridiculous. She knew she was. She'd been waiting for a long time for Mitch to notice her that way, but this moment was just too hilarious.
Her sides were beginning to hurt.
It only made it worse when he started stammering and saying how it wasn't him, it was about the rest of the gang. Tears were flowing freely down her face, which was contorted into an expression of painful glee. She had fallen to the ground and was rolling around now. She just couldn't help herself.
After the giggles subsided and she got a hold of herself, she shakily stood up and walked over to Mitch. "Thank you for the compliment." She chuckled and rolled her eyes, wondering how to fix that problem. Trouble was, she was to f*ckable. But still, she couldn't go anywhere else.
"Do you have a secret place in that house?" She asked softly, all business now. The laughter that had been her whole personality just moments ago was gone, replaced by an atmosphere of deadly seriousness. She needed to focus. She couldn't let him get the best of her.
Batcat
Batcat

http://christmas-khaleesi.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

'Scars' (Polopocalypse and Battleaxe) - Mature Content - Page 2 Empty Re: 'Scars' (Polopocalypse and Battleaxe) - Mature Content

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:44 pm

((I know, right? I have to admit, I think your word choice is a Hell of a lot better than ours, there. Smile
Haha! Glad you enjoyed it! XD After I typed it I was like... "Mitch, what the Hell?" o_0 I swear, this character totally does his own thing - I don't even think about it - it just happens!! Haha! ))

Mitch watched with exasperation, hands perched on his hips, as Kelli thrashed about on the ground like an eel in a frying pan. ((I think the drugs have gone to his head... o_0 ))
Her laughter was contagious, and after a while, he shook his head and echoed it faintly with a mild chuckle. Yes, he supposed that had been funny. Only he would come up with a word like that, after all.
When Kelli thanked him for the 'compliment', he merely snorted in amusement, and shrugged noncommittally.

The atmosphere became serious again, then - and Mitch's expression sobered - following Kelli's lead. Unfortunately, this new-found seriousness did not last long, because what she asked next brought an instant grin to his face.
"Do you have a secret place in that house?"
"Geez, Kelli!" He exclaimed, laughing out loud, "What do I look like, Batman?"
Chortling to himself in quiet amusement, he gave her an affectionate slap on the shoulder - just like he had done so many times as a kid - and walked past her toward the exit.
"I'm sick of smelling like trash." He announced, "So I'm heading over to my place now. You can come, or you can stay. Your choice."
He shrugged airily, though the knowing smile on his face showed that he knew full well that she had no choice. She would have to come back with him... And clearly, he was glad.
He was looking forward to catching up with his old friend... He couldn't remember the last time he had been a normal guy... Just Mitch - plain old Mitch - rather than the monster that he had become.
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:54 pm

Kelli shrugged when he asked if he looked like Batman. He was wearing a pair of weird black underwear, so she supposed not, although he really was just as strong. A major difference was that Batman was actually a good guy, Mitch, not so much.
She caught herself there. Mitch was a good goy, though!
No, he isn't, that little voice in the back of her head argued. He's an arsonist and a murderer, and you shouldn't trust him, even if you do love him.
She frowned at herself. Mitch was always a good guy. He was good at heart, and that was what counted. But if he was good at heart, how did he just kill people and not feel guilty about it?
This world was screwed a thousand times over...
Shaking her head, Kelli followed him to the door and bit her lip.
"I appreciate everything and all, Mitch, but if there's a chance that... that... might happen... I can't stay with you."
She sighed and looked back up at him, eyes pleading for him to understand how much she wanted to go with him, to be with him once more, but she just would never be able to live if she was raped. That would be the deepest form of humiliation and torture she could ever be subjected to. She valued her body so much, and she never used it to get anything she wanted, although she very well could. It was pretty enough, and just as he had said, f*ckable enough, but she respected herself.
She could not let that happen.
"I do need a shower though. Could I just come with you, shower, and leave?" She asked timidly, hoping it wasn't too much after she'd just so openly rejected him. She hoped she didn't hurt his feelings too much and that he understood her. That was all she needed Mitch to do right now.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:22 pm

((And that is why I love RPing with you. Because you never just 'go with it' - you stir it up! XD *High fives* ))

Mitch was somewhat taken aback by Kelli's rejection, he had to admit. He met her pleading gaze with a neutral expression, and answered simply, "Oh."
He did understand - in fact, her choice was probably for the best - but he couldn't deny that he was disappointed. And besides, where was she going to go, then...? Wherever she went, she would probably never bother to find him again - not with the risk he brought.
He frowned as he realised this, and it occurred to him that he did not want to lose his friend after being apart from her for so long... He just... Didn't want to - so he didn't understand why he should have to. He was used to getting what he wanted, now. He took as he pleased - simple as that. If he wanted Kelli, why not just reach out and take her...?
((Now there's the Mitch we know and love. XD ))
He honestly considered this thought for a while - but then Kelli spoke again, and her voice jolted him back to his senses. For a moment he looked alarmed - horrified with himself for actually considering keeping her against her will - but he quickly smoothed over his expression, internalising the problem, just like he always did.
There were two parts to him, now... And he didn't know which was truly him...
He grunted, and shook his thoughts aside, finally focusing on what Kelli was asking him.
"I do need a shower though. Could I just come with you, shower, and leave?"
"Sure." He replied right away, smiling warmly, then turning away from her to heave the heavy metal door up again. He waited for her to go through, then dropped it behind him, wincing as the harsh metallic screech assaulted his eardrums.
"C'mon, better hurry." He said, grabbing her by the arm, and breaking automatically into a jog. It would probably hurt her foot, but she would have to bear with it. It wasn't safe here...

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:34 pm

[[Wink I was seriously considering having her dress as a boy so that she could stay at his house but then I was like... nah. Maybe we could do that if we have to. xD]]

Kelli grinned when she knew he found reason with her choice, glad he wasn't mad at her. Besides, he really didn't have a right to, did he? Well, actually he did. He had saved her life after all. So she owed him, right? But he owed her for leaving her all those years ago.So they were even now. Or did him saving her life outweigh the emotional trauma that he put her through?
Shaking her head from her thoughts, she concluded that they were friends and she would do what she could to help him and not ask for anything in return. That's what she was there for.
Grateful he agreed to her plan, Kelli walked out the door, wincing a little at the screeching. It sounded like nails on a chalkboard - a sound she couldn't stand. She remembered some kids at the orphanage doing it just to bug her. They didn't know that the sound made her wasnt to puke.
When Mitch grabbed her arm, she kind of jumped, then chided herself for being so surprised. Mitch had grown physical, she reminded herself. He was used to taking what he wanted when he wanted, and using force if necessary. But he didn't need to use force with her, so she didn't fully understand.
It was funny. Anyone else in her situation would have been terrified, but not her. She was brave and trusting - although that wasn't always a good thing. For all she knew, Mitch could really be a cold, heartless bastard and just be deceiving her to bring a little plaything back to his friends.
Involuntarily, a wave of shivers crept through her, and she found herself watching Mitch closely as they ran. Nothing about him looked the same. Except for the way he held her arm. It was gentle and kind and just a little unsure.
Breathing a sigh of relief, she was glad to find something still... Mitchy about him.
With that out of her thoughts, she focused on her running and tried not to worry about what was going to happen when they got to his house...
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:50 pm

((Nah, she's too pretty. XD Haha! ))

Mitch was slightly stung when he felt Kelli jump away from his touch on her arm, and he automatically released her - mentally chiding himself. He was expecting things to be exactly as they were, in a way - even though he was nowhere near the same kid he had been.
He could feel Kelli's sudden mistrust, and he almost wondered if she knew what had been going through his head a moment before. They had joked about that as kids: Pretended to by psychic, to read each others' minds... They had managed it, too - because they just knew each other that well... And they had thought in the same way back then.
Mitch swallowed thickly, and with these precious memories, the shocking desire to keep Kelli for his own returned - stronger than before.
What was wrong with him? He felt like an animal...
Shuddering off his unwelcome thoughts, he hurried Kelli along to the house. When they finally reached it, he unlocked the door and let her in.
"Make yourself at home." He grunted, locking the door behind him once both of them were inside.
He told himself that it was because he wanted to lock threats out... It nothing to do with locking anything in. "The bathroom's down the hall." He said, pointing. "I'd offer you a change of clothes, but I don't know if any of mine will fit you." He shrugged apologetically, "You can scratch through the cupboards, though, and see what you can find."
As he spoke, he kicked off his shoes, and padded barefoot to the kitchen, glaring at the near-empty cupboards for a while before calling to Kelli, "Hey, you want anything to eat?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:05 pm

[[That's what I was thinking xD]]

Kelli walked into his house and immediately did what she could to make herself at home - even before he said she could. She was just that comfortable around him. No matter what that pessimistic voice in the back of her head told her was wrong about him, she knew that even a thousand years would never be able to get rid of their friendship. Well, except they'd be dead in a thousand years and incapable of communication.
She sighed and walked over to the cupboard where he kept his clothes and rummaged through, pulling out a pair of his boxers to wear as shorts and one of his undershirts. Grinning, she waved them at Mitch and dashed into the bathroom before he could stop her. She was already slamming the door shut when he asked about the food.
Letting the water run on cold, Kelli found the familiar splashing of the liquid calming. She always liked her showers icy. They helped waken her and make her get out quickly. And she needed that now. She didn't want to be in here when the rest of the gang came back. She shuddered and scrubbed her hair with the soap, wrinkling her nose at the putrid smell. Industrial soap. Typical Mitch. Always so... Practical.
Shutting off the water, she stepped out and looked for a towel. There wasn't one. She cursed and looked for anything she could use to cover herself as she went to get one.
Grabbing Mitch's huge shirt, she pulled it over her soaking wet body and dashed into the hallway, hoping he wouldn't turn around and see her. She ducked behind a couch and quietly asked, "Mitch, can you throw me a towel?"
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:18 pm

Mitch had made himself a slice of butter toast, and was munching placidly on it by the time Kelli emerged from the shower. He didn't pay much attention to her, because he was distracted by the radio, blaring on about his latest work in the background. Those reporters were fast - the fire couldn't have started more than a few hours ago.
Finally, Kelli's quiet voice grabbed his attention.
"Mitch, can you throw me a towel?"
"Oh, right..." He mused in response, "Forgot about that. Hang on a sec."
He yawned, and scratched his head as he walked over to the cupboard in the hallway, pulling out a thick, fluffy white towel. He'd nicked a few of these from some hotel that the gang had sent him to burn down.
Shrugging, he tossed it toward Kelli - pretending not to notice that she was probably very nearly naked, crouching behind that couch. He didn't want to make her uncomfortable, so he just remained casual - trudging back over to his seat beside the radio, and flopping down.
"So what now?" He asked Kelli, "Where will you go from here?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:28 pm

"I will go back to the bathroom to get dressed." Kelli answered sarcastically, wrapping the towel around herself and yanking another shirt from the cupboard since this one was too wet to wear anymore. She marched back into the little room and dried herself completely, throwing her wet hair up into a messy bun and pulling the black shirt over it. As she pulled on the boxers, she noticed a cut on her calk. Probably from the glass when Mitch shattered the window.
Sighing, she walked out and sat down at the table next to the man.
"not sure. I'm probab;y going to go to the site and pretend like I was out when the fire happened or something. See if they can find me anywhere to stay."
She grabbed the toast from his hand and pulled off a small corner, and ate it, grinning as she handed it back to him. Focusing her attention on the staticy noise of the radio, she listened quietly, thinking about what had happened.
"Seven people have been confirmed dead, and twelve people are still missing."
Jesus.
Seven people?
These were all the people she'd never giving a second thought about. Larry was probably out at work still, so he had to be one of the twelve missing. Sandra was one of the seven, she knew. She'd heard the other girl's cries for help as she fell int othe dumpster. Feeling a little guilty, she wondered who the other six people were. Were they the ones with families relying on them back in the poor countries of Central America? She knew it wasn't uncommon for teenagers to sneak into the United States to get jobs and send money back to their desperate families. What would they do now?
Frowning, Kelli found herself chewing on her thumbnail. Weird. She'd stopped that right after Mitch left. Glancing at him from the corner of her eye, she strained to see some sign or remorse or regret, half of her expecting not to see any. This was just another job for him. Those people were nothing but numbers. That thought made her want to vomit, but she held herself together.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:46 pm

"Think it's wise?" Mitch asked casually. "Going back there, I mean, when the Saints are roaming around? Seven dead..." He gestured toward the radio, "That ain't gonna be enough. They'll want to pick off the survivors - and last time I checked, 'survivors' includes you."
It was oddly sweet - in a strange, sick kind of way - that the deaths of seven people didn't cause Mitch to so much as blink an eye - yet when it came to Kelli, no plan either of them came up with seemed safe enough to him. He didn't care how many nameless, faceless people died at his hands - but he cared about Kelli, and about her safety...
"Stay here." He said casually, strolling back over to the kitchen, and putting a few more slices of toast down.
"Just until you find a place of your own..." He went on - still not looking at her, because he was busying himself with the toast. "It'll be just like old times. And besides, it might not be all that safe here, but at least you've got me to protect you. Better than wandering the streets alone." He shrugged, "This is my town - people respect me. Sure, they'd stab me in the back if they didn't think I'd f**k them up first - but in my world, that's what respect is."
He tossed her a slice of butter toast, then piled the rest on a plate, and plonked it on the table, resuming his seat beside her, and raising an eyebrow questioningly.
It was strange, how their roles were swopping. At first, he had been the one anxious to leave, while Kelli had been reluctant to let him go... Now, it was exactly the other way around - and frankly, his own desperation scared him. He didn't know why he wanted her to stay so badly... He just knew that, if she tried to leave, he had no idea what he might do...

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:57 pm

Kelli found no guilt in his demeanor, which kind of scared her, but she brushed it off. If you had to do all of his jobs, you wouldn't be able to feel guilt. You would go insane. Frowning at this realization, she wondered why exactly he wasn't insane. She knew she would be if she had to watch her back all the time. She was the kind of person who wanted trust, not a bond formed just because it was beneficial and nothing more. Like her and Mitch. They had trust. She could turn him in if she wanted to. In fact, she probably needed to. She was required by law to. But she didn't want to. She just wanted to be with him.
Chuckling at this thought, Kelli sighed at reluctantly agreed to staying at his place. Secretly, she was glad. She wanted to be with this boy for longer than what she was already spending with him.
Sighing, she had just enough time to say a thank you before a pounding on the door made her jump.
"Yo, Matches, I'm comin' in." A man's rough voice from outside. The knob turned and Kelli almost cried out. Paniced, she dashed straight for the bathroom, shutting off the light and cramming herself into the shower, pulling the curtain closed. Hopefully the man wouldn't have to use the bathroom.

Carter walked in, eyes blood-shot with recent use of drugs. He grinned and slapped Mitch on the back. "Seven people with one match. We can always count on you. I think it's pretty impressive, but Boss thinks you could've done better. But then again he always does."
He rolled his eyes and sat down, helping himself to the toast meant for Kelli.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:11 pm

When the familiar voice shouted from outside, 'Mitch' disappeared completely, leaving 'Matches' in his stead - and Matches was not happy.
"You know I don't like you people pitching up here." He purred, his voice deathly calm. If he had been shouting his lungs out and flinging his fists around, he would have looked far less threatening than he did at that moment.
"I'll meet you and the rest of the guys at Safehouse Five tomorrow, as arranged. You should leave now, Carter." He murmured softly, making it a subtle suggestion, though saying the man's name in a tone that emphasized one all-important fact: He still went by his name. Matches, on the other hand, had become the most feared member in the gang - if not for his skill with a gun and love for arson and all things violent, then for the sheer unpredictability of his personality, which he displayed right now. He was calm, he was polite, and as he took out his lighter to light a freshly-rolled joint, it was obvious that anything could happen.
Off course, he was loyal to his gang, and would never harm them without reason - but they didn't know that. They saw him as the monster that they had turned him into, and they feared him for it. Oh, how they feared him...
"Is there something you need, Carter?" He asked, repeating the man's name, and tilting one eyebrow slightly upwards. "Is there something I can..." He toyed with the lighter absentmindedly in his hand, "Do for you...?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:24 pm

Carter's brown eyes widened with fear as he understood what Matches was suggesting. And he definitely did not want to cross the other man's pathway when he was still blazing with fury over the remaining twelve people escaping his wrath.
At least that was how he interpreted the anger.
"No, I don't need anything. Boss just sent me here to... congratulate you and remind you about our meeting tomorrow. Except it's not at Safehouse Five. He wants to go meet in the warehouse a couple blocks down from the fire. You know the one."
Carter nodded, nervously edging towards the door. Matches made him uncomfortable - like he did everyone else. This guy was intimidating and crazy, two talents that should never be put in the same body. Whatever deity there was out there was certainly high when he'd created Matches.
Backing away, he didn't let his eyes leave Matches. Even though they were both in the same gang, he didn't trust the other boy. He was psycho.
Cautiously opening the door, he nodded his head in a simple goodbye and left.

Kelli hugged her knees tighter to her chest, shivering. The floor was still damp from her shower, and her butt was soaked with freezing water. This was not the best hiding spot, but it was too late to regret it now. Besides, where else could she have gone?
Frowning, she listened carefully to their conversation. They other man - Carter - seemed scared. He was leaving. Good riddance. Now if only Mitch would come and get her out so she she could waste yet another article of his clothing.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:36 pm

"Very good." Matches replied softly, "Thank you, Carter."
Matches never thanked anybody. He never said please, and he never said sorry - it was simply not his style... Somehow, the use of those two overly-polite words just made his entire demeanour that much more threatening - and when Carter left, Mitch knew that he would not be back in a hurry.
There was a very good reason that nobody crossed Matches. A very good reason indeed.
Once he was certain that Carter was gone, Mitch got up and walked toward the door.
Funny... He could have sworn he had locked it...
Frowning, he turned the key deliberately in the lock, then slipped it into his pocket, and checked the door.
Locked.
Next, he hurried around and closed all the curtains, shutting himself away from the world, as he had done on numerous other occasions in the past.
The only difference was, this time, he was not alone.
With that thought on his mind, he glanced toward the bathroom where Kelli was hiding.
After the run-in with Carter, he was struggling - once again - to distinguish between the two parts of himself in his mind. But Kelli was his friend... His best friend... His one precious person.
With a deep, calming breath, he stepped into the bathroom and drew back the shower curtain, then offered a hand to help her up.
"It's safe now." He announced kindly, "And thankfully, it seems they're not suspicious. If they were, they'd have sent somebody with some balls."

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:00 pm

Kelli listened intently as she listened to Mitch walk around and make sure the house was sealed off from the world. That was good. She didn't want to be seen. Even though she had prepared herself for Mitch flicking on the lights and coming in to get her, she still jumped when he did.
Bluching, she took his hand and stood up, watching in embarassment as she felt a trickle of water flow down the back of her thigh.
"I need new pants." She complained jokingly, a little bit shaken from his sudden mood change with Carter. Somehow, that person really had not seemed like Mitch. It had to be his alter-ego, Matches.
Suddenly, Kelli found herself wondering about that. Was he like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde? Did he have a good side and a bad side that changed at random? She hoped not. She hoped he had some control over he was at any given time. Because if not, she didn't want to be in a room with him and a lighter...
Kelli frowned and padded out into the hallway, barefeet making no noise at all. She raided the clothes closet again, pulling out a pair of huge sweatpants and some socks. Frowning, she pulled the boxers of and quickly yanked on the pants, sighing at their size. They would have to do.
She rolled the waist a couple of times to make it a little shorter, but she still walked on the bottom. Oh well. What could she do about it.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:21 pm

Mitch walked back out as Kelli finished changing. His eyes fell upon her, and he studied her thoughtfully. She still seemed uncomfortable around him. He could understand that, but he didn't like it... No matter how different he looked, he was still that same boy who had once been her best friend.
He sighed quietly to himself and shook his head, then forced a smile and walked over to Kelli.
"You don't really trust me, do you?" He asked, tilting his head slightly to one side and smiling sadly.
"We were so close before..." He murmured, shifting slightly closer to her, and reaching out with his fingers to gently touch her chin.
She was so fragile, so delicate... Just like a china doll. It made him want to break her - just for the fun of trying to fit all the pieces back together.
This thought shocked him, and he stepped away from Kelli with an involuntary shudder, a frown crossing his face. What was wrong with him? Why did he keep thinking these horrible things?
Kelli was staying now - he had everything he wanted, so why would the inner turmoil still not let him rest?!
He needed to decide who he was... Mitch, or Matches. No matter how he looked at it, the two just didn't go together. One of them had to be the real him... The question was, which one was it...?

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:33 pm

Kelli closed her eyes as he touched her chin. He was perfectly capable of doing anything he wanted to her, and they both knew it. It was so hard trying to figure out who he was now and what he wanted. What exactly was it that he did want anyway? Had she been anyone else, she knew it would be to hurt her, break her, make her suffer. But this was his best friend. She could see the hurt in his eyes, the pain, the turmoil inside, the demons battling for control over him.
She didn't know what to do.
She did the only thing she could.
Grabbing his wrist, she pulled him closer to her and grabbed his face into her hands, her soft skin delighting in the roughness of the stubble that covered his cheeks. His face was scarred and burned, so different from the innocent one he'd had when he was little. Even at fourteen, he still had some baby fat and was smooth and silky.
Now all of that was gone, replaced by the markings of a true thug. He was beaten and worn down, and she could see that. He needed a reprive, he needed to get away. Absently, she tought of him going to Boss - whoever that was - and asking for a vacation day. The thought neaarly caused her to laugh out loud. But she needed to be serious for now.
"I trust you." Kelli whispered forcefully. "I don't trust who you've become." Her eyes searched his, begging him silently to understand.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:54 pm

((... How do you alwayd do this to me? o_0 *Stares at clock* *Twitches* Glee is finished, so this is my last post. Smile ))

When Kelli grabbed his wrist, Mitch wheeled to face her - instinctively ready for a confrontation - but instead, he felt her soft touch against his cheeks, and a shaky breath escaped his lips. A breath he had been holding for eight long years...
Her hands were smooth and cool against his hot cheeks, and they calmed him in a way he hadn't known was possible. All the tension, all the anger, the pain, the hatred - it all fell away somehow, just for a moment... And for the first time in nearly a decade, just for that one moment, Mitch let himself feel vulnerable.
"I trust you." Kelli whispered, and his eyes - bloodshot but earnest - found hers and locked with them.
"I don't trust who you've become."
"Well that's good..." He whispered, his own eyes now searching Kelli's face for her reaction as he slid his hands automatically through her damp hair - his touch so shocking gentle that it was almost indecent.
"Because I don't either..." He finished under his breath, his voice almost shaking.
At that moment, Matches was all but forgotten. If somebody had handed him a gun right then, he didn't think he'd even have known what to do with it. He was that little boy again, back at the orphanage... Scared of his bullies, but too weak and cowardly to face them. The only thing that had changed was that now the bully he faced was within himself...
"I don't like what I'm turning into, Kelli." He murmured, shaking his head. It shocked him to hear how scared he sounded... So utterly unlike himself.
"I don't want to lose myself... I don't want to lose you."
He didn't know how those two were connected, but somehow, he knew that they were.
He needed his friend, now more than ever...

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:58 pm

[[Darn you Polo! Oh well, I'll make this post good Wink Sweet dreams.]]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:16 pm

Kelli felt her breath hitch in her throat as Mitch wrapped his fingers in her hair. Just for that one moment, everything seemed right in her world, if she didn’t think about it too hard. If anyone had been watching them, looking into the window of her world, they’d have seen a pretty blonde girl who was in her pajamas or something and a tall, cut up boy who looked so out of place touching her like he was. It didn’t look right, and she sadly knew that.
But this was no ordinary “pre-hookup” scene. No, this was something more, but she couldn’t tell what. Was it her helping him fight his inner demons? Was it him helping her? Or was it a combination of the two? Strangely enough, she found herself wondering what exactly she’d been doing all those years with him gone; how had she been coping? Everything just felt so right like this.
Sighing, Kelli closed her eyes, listening to his words and letting his touch make her feel special. It was just like old times, the two of them helping each other – although this was different. Their problems were a heck of a lot more serious. Touching each other like this was so much different. It meant so much more. It was like the seriousness had been raised to the tenth power.
Frowning at her train of thoughts, she wondered if anything she’d done to stop him from leaving could have changed fate. She didn’t want to see Mitch like this. He was hurting, suffering, and if he was, so was she. It didn’t matter that she’d spent so many lonely nights dreaming about this; it just wasn’t right to take advantage of the situation. He still considered her a friend, and that was what she would be.
Nothing more, nothing less.
Kelli opened her eyes and looked up at him. “You’re not going to lose me or yourself. You’re still you. You’re still good inside.” She said, sliding a hand down his neck to place on his heart. It still beat the same steady rhythm, and she let herself get lost in the blood shot chocolate brown of his eyes that watched her so vulnerably. She couldn’t let him be this way anymore.
Leaning forward on her tiptoes, she kissed him.
It wasn’t a real kiss; it was just a little tap on his cheek with her lips. But it still sent shivers through her.
“You’re still Mitch.”

[[*beats Kelli* Why can't you be more like Shae?!]]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:36 pm

((Mehe! XD Ah, c'mon, Kelli's cool. Wink ))

“You’re not going to lose me or yourself. You’re still you. You’re still good inside.”
Mitch uttered a murmur of disagreement - but before he could say a word, he felt her hand sliding down his neck, coming to rest over his heart. He swallowed, and just stared at it... Kelli's hand, over his heart. there was something so right about it, and at the same time, something so wrong...
When he looked up, he was shocked to find Kelli's face so close to his - and as her lips pecked his cheek, he felt his heart beging to race. He wondered if she could feel it, too? He wondered if she would know better than he did what it meant...
“You’re still Mitch.”
He chuckled faintly under his breath, and bowed his head - letting his hands slip away from Kelli's hair. They found the hand at his chest, and wrapped carefully around it.
Those same big, rough hands that had taken so many innocent lives... And now, the way they cupped Kelli's, it might have been a delicate baby bird...
He didn't say anything, because he didn't need to... His silence spoke for itself.
At last, he looked up and smiled at Kelli, really smiled, in a way he hadn't done in years. It formed a tiny dimple in his right cheek, looking extraordinarily out of place on his tough face.
"Thank you." He said simply - and with that, he stepped away and released her hand - letting the moment end as suddenly as it had started.
He turned away, making some sort of excuse about needing a show - which he clearly did - and starting to rummage around in his cupboard for clean clothes.
Once he had some, he vanished into the bathroom.

A short while later, he emerged again - wearing just a pair of shorts. It was too hot for a shirt, anyway.
He looked considerably better clean, and he had shaved his subtle goatee back into the correct style.
His hair showed for the first time with the absence of his beanie - it was jet black, and long, reaching to just past his jawbone, with a shaggy fringe that shadowed his eyes. He had always been threatening to grow it as a child, but the supervisors were so strict... Boys had to have their hair short. Mitch had forever been complaining about it. At least one of his runaway dreams had been realised.
He yawned widely as he stepped out into the sitting room, grabbing the remote and flicking the TV on out of habit.
Nothing good on, as usual.
He turned around to look for Kelli, and as he did so - something twinged in his back. He winced, grumbling to himself and flopping down on the couch.
His back held the worse scarring of all... Long, horizontal slashes marred his skin from his shoulders to the top of his shorts. It had happened a long time ago, but it still hurt him sometimes. His back had been so ripped up that even the muscle had been damaged... There was a story behind it, oh yes, but he didn't like to think about that...

((Sorry, got up early to post, then realised that I'm asleep and have no ideas. XD ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:11 pm

Kelli nodded in silent agreement and wrinkled her nose. “Seriously Mitch, put some thought into your hygiene. You stink. And I think I got trash in my mouth. Yuck.” She chuckled and slapped him on the behind. “Go on.”
Sitting down on the couch, she grabbed the T.V. controller and began to think about what had happened just a few moments ago. Mitch had been so… responsive to her touches. The thought made her lips curl involuntarily upward. She liked him still, in fact she loved him. She wasn’t in love with him, oh no. There was a big difference. Her psychology course had taught her that being ‘in love’ was a mating instinct that helped you attract someone and make a baby. You saw them as perfect in every way imaginable. That feeling only lasts a maximum of two years.
So she knew she wasn’t in love.
She knew she really did love him, whether it was as something more or not she didn’t quite know.
“What are you doing here? This is Saints territory.” A familiar voice growled at the back of her ear.
Kelli jerked around to see who it was, and met a knife digging softly into her throat. It was a man that had robbed her a couple years ago as she was walking home from high school. That was where she recognized his voice from. The man had a shaggy beard, crooked teeth, and an awful sneer. If he actually took care of himself, he may have been handsome, but he looked too disheveled. His hair was long and scraggly, and she could tell he hadn’t washed it in a while, she noticed with disgust. His eyes were dark brown and angry.
Gulping, she tried to think of something to say that wouldn’t implicate Mitch. She could say she was a prostitute, but that would be a problem because she certainly didn’t look like one. Besides, she didn’t know enough to be one. Didn’t you have to know some moves and stuff?
Just then, the bathroom door swung open. Carter jerked his head up and yanked Kelli off the couch and behind the table, crouching down and muttering threats in her ear.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:34 pm

((Oooh!! XD
Love how Mitch is just staring at the TV... Razz Haha! Fool. ))

When Kelli didn't appear after a few minutes, Mitch frowned - wondering what on earth she was up to. The house was hardly big enough for her to be lost.
"Kelli?" He called, slightly irritable.
What was she doing, snooping around on her own?
When no answer came, his frown deepened considerably, and he stood up, glancing around the room.
"Where the f**k did she go...?" He muttered irritably to himself - glancing briefly into the bedroom, which was pretty much the only other place she could be.
When he turned back around, he caught sight of a flash of movement behind the kitchen table.
Raising an eyebrow, he crept slowly closer, hand hovering over his pocket.
Something here was very wrong.
Then, he caught sight of them - Kelli, with Carter and his knife at her throat.
"What are you doing, Carter?" He asked, surprised by the calmness in his own voice. "Surely, you don't mean to steal from me?" He raised an eyebrow in a mockingly innocent, surprised expression. "If I were you, mate, I'd hand that over." He jerked his head in indicate Kelli, "Right now. I had it first."
He might have felt guilty for speaking of Kelli with such disrespect, but he was too caught up in the moment to even consider it.
F*ck Carter! Whether he played along or not, Mitch intended to give him a 'souvenir' for his troubles. He had sent the man away, and he had made sure to lock the door. This was beyond disrespect or invasion of privacy - this was a downright betrayal, and Mitch did not take kindly to that sort of thing.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:46 pm

[[*headdesk* I totally started out with it being Carter but then I changed it and forgot to change that one name. Growl.]]

So this was Carter, Kelli thought with a frown. This gang was just full of old friends, wasn't it? She found it funny when Mitch disappeared into his bedroom to look for her. Like she would be there. Wanting to snort at the ridiculousness, she waited until he got back and finally noticed the two, rolling her eyes at the fact that it took him so long to figure out where they were.
Kelli was trying to look calm, but deep down she was absolutely terrified. This guy had done terrible things to her before, and he remembered her. The knife was steadily pressing closer and closer to her, his foul breath was making her feel like vomiting all over him. That wouldn't be a bad idea, but she was sure it would get her in trouble.
Kelli was surprised at the venom in his voice when Mitch was talking about her. She was even more surprised by the way he talked about her. It was like she wasn't even a human being. Just a plaything, nothing more. Something to do in his spare time and throw away when he was done.
If that was how he really felt about her, she'd be sure to leave as soon as possible. That was downright degrading and upsetting. But she knew it was just an act. He couldn't let Carter know about them.
"I know about you saving her." Carter said, eyes narrowing in hateful glee. "You snatched her right out of that building and brought her back here. I don't know why, but you know the policy about hoes like her. You bring 'em to the rest of the gang first than you get them."
Maybe he was mistaking her for Sandra, Kelli thought to herself, suddenly grateful that the other girl in her building looked like her. They had the same build, height, hair, and face. The only difference was the other woman's eyes were green. And of course her proffesion, clothing choice, and lack of innocence.
Frowning, she waited to see what exactly Mitch - actually, it was Matches now - would do.

[[I love how deep this already is even though it's only the fourth page O.O]]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:58 pm

((My bad. XD Ah well, it still works. Wink

I know, right?! It's because we planned it well. Give yourself a pat on the back, Dude. Razz ))

Mitch considered Carter with raised eyebrows for a moment, then slowly cracked his neck to either side, and flexed his fingers.
He was rather glad for his lack of a shirt - somehow, it made him feel that much more threatening. He was more animal than human... And Carter knew it well.
"That policy applies to you, Carter." He explained finally, still speaking calmly, though with an edge of impatience to his voice.
He was done playing.
He did not like having that knife at Kelli's throat...
"I happen to be Matches, and if I want to save a little something for myself after doing my job, then that's my business. She's mine now." He pointed at Kelli, "And if you don't return her immediately, I'm going to assume you've stolen her." He took a threatening step closer to Carter, his fingers slipping into his pocket and withdrawing his trusty lighter. "You remember, don't you, Carter, what happens when people steal from me?" He tilted his head to one side in innocent, childlike curiosity. There was no humanity left about him. He looked like something plucked straight from a horror movie. He felt it, too... And he loved it!
"Don't test my patience, Carter!" Mitch snapped, eyes stretching threateningly wide with the sudden snap of his temper. "Hand her over, and get the f**k out of my sight! If I see you back here ever again, I'll burn your f**king balls off on sight!"

((Charming, Mitch. Thanks for that. Razz ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next