Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Polo, Girleh and... A peanut. :)

2 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Polo, Girleh and... A peanut. :) - Page 5 Empty Re: Polo, Girleh and... A peanut. :)

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:54 pm

"Urr... I think I'll stay up here, thanks..." Leon muttered quietly, eyeing the rope and hook nervously He didn't want to wander around a dark cave on his own... Though he'd never admit it, he had nevr felt fully comfortable in the dark... Not at all... Leon gulped nervously, averting his gaze before pretending to find the wall particularly fascinating once again. Rather be considered a rock-freak than a coward...
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Polo, Girleh and... A peanut. :) - Page 5 Empty Re: Polo, Girleh and... A peanut. :)

Post  GirlehfromPB Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:31 pm

Annabelle-
I grabbed the second torch and rope before putting the other various bits back in the box, "Where do you want to go then?" I asked him softly I slipped the torch into my pocket, before tying the rope around my waist and causally putting the hook over my shoulder. I winced but didn't complain as I waiting for his answer.
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

http://girlehfrompb.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:50 pm

"Huh?" Leon asked distractedly, glancing back at her. "Oh... Uh... Well, you know your way around, so I'll just follow you around I guess..." He muttered uncertainly, managing a slight smile. It looked out of place on his face with the absence of malice or ill intentions. In fact, it was the first time he'd made an attempt at a truly friendly smile in quite a while. It felt good... In a way. He shook off the thoughts, pushing away from the wall and walking over to her, frowning as he noticed her wince. "You okay?" He asked with slight concern.

Back to top Go down

Post  GirlehfromPB Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:58 pm

Annabelle-
I slightly touched my back noticing the blood on my fingers. Before I weakly shrugged, "I'm not going to die from blood loss." I spoke with a weak smile before slowly heading through the passage I had said the waterfall was, flicking on the torch though not bothered by the darkness at all, the water was louder instantly as I rose an eyebrow, it wasn't that loud when I remember it... Oh well... I let the thought slip. Before glancing back to see if he was following.
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:22 pm

Leon frowned slightly in concern, but mimicked her shrug anyway and followed her into the darkness, walking a little closer to her that he ordinarily would have liked. The darkness unnerved him, but he certainly wasn't going to be left in the entrance chamber all on his own - even if it was slightly lighter... He was a singer, not a bloody caveman! Leon came to a standstill as he suddenly collided with something, which a moment later proved to be Anna, as she had suddenly stopped in front of him. "Sorry." He mumbled, dusting her off briefly before stepping backwards and fixing a non-convincingly aloof expression on his face.

Back to top Go down

Post  GirlehfromPB Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:26 pm

Annabelle-
"I'm fine, don't worry about it" I assured him before I continued walking again, "Be careful. It's slightly flooded" I warned him my foot getting wet before I slipped, screaming trying to grab his leg to hold myself up. "Leon!" I screamed
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:34 pm

"Easy for you to say..." Leon muttered under his breath, but he followed her all the same. He nodded at her warning, taking care and wincing as he stepped into the cold water. Next thing he knew, Anna was shouting his name, and then she was falling. Before he had time to panic, however, she had grabbed his leg, and then he was falling, too. He slipped, lost his balance and tumbled after her, whimpering softly as a whirl of darkness enclosed him. He hit the ground with a dull thud, grunting as he felt the air leave his lungs.

Back to top Go down

Post  GirlehfromPB Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:38 pm

Annabelle-
I grunted as I hit the ground, closing my eyes as the darkness spun, I felt around for the torch only to find it wasn't working, I swore under my breath before moving on my hands and knee's. "Leon?" I asked weakly I had to find him as I felt across the ground, hoping to find him, hoping he was okay. This was my fault,
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:45 pm

Leon blinked as he heard Anna's voice, opening his eyes and looking around to see... Nothing. Wait, why nothing?! Instant panic gripped him, and a pathetic whimper escaped Leon's lips as he scuffled backwards, pressing his back against the rock wall behind him and drawing his knees up to his chest, clinging desperately to them as he trembled in fear. "A-Anna?" He stuttered hesitantly, his voice barely more than a squeak in his state of complete panic. "Where- Where are y-you?" He asked, barely able to form the words through trembling lips. He could hear the hint of tears in his own voice, but he couldn't even think clearly enough to be ashamed of it, so instead he crouched like a child in his corner, and stared fearfully into the darkness, feeling as though the world had ended.

Back to top Go down

Post  GirlehfromPB Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:49 pm

Annabelle-
"I'm coming over to you now. Are you hurt?" I asked him before crawling towards his voice, my head soon meeting his leg, I squeaked before I moved so I was sat beside him, placing a hand on his arm. "We'll get out of here, I promise. But I need you to trust me, I won't hurt you" I told him, my voice was gentle, but fierce, I needed to dry off, once dry I could light my flames and give us some lights.
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:57 pm

"N-no... Not hurt..." Leon managed, struggling to speak as he was concentrating so hard on breathing properly. It seemed to him that his lungs might stop working at any moment if he forgot to remind them to... He yelped as her head made contact with his leg, jumping slightly and hitting his head against the rock wall behind him. Barely even notcing, Leon began to tremble again as he glanced around blindly for her. He jumped as he felt her hand on his arm, but once he realised it was her, a soft whimper escaped his lips and he grabbed her hand clinging tightly to her - oblivious to the fact that his vice-like grip might be hurting her. He didn't reply, at least, not to her. He simply clutched her hand tightly and closed his eyes, lowering his head and whispering something to calm himself, which obviously wasn't working. Suddenly, a harsh cough burst from his lips, followed by another, though Leon managed to stifle the third one. He cursed softly under his breath, and raised his free hand to wipe away the blood he could feel trickling from his mouth. How could he have forgotten his medication...? If only he hadn't been so angry when they left...

Back to top Go down

Post  GirlehfromPB Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:07 am

Annabelle-
I squeaked at his harsh grip before I placed my free hand on his cheek, "It's going to be alright" I whispered softly to him pulling him closer as best as I could, trying to give him an awkward-like hug, having to remove my hand from his cheek to do so, but I was worried, worried about him. I wasn't worried about getting out of here or anything else, it was a weird gut clenching sensation. It had no reason behind it, no method to the madness. Just pure confusion.
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:37 am

Leon grunted in surprise as she touched his cheek, jerking his head away only to hit it against the rock again. His teeth clacked together from the force of the blow, and this time he felt it. Wincing slightly he rubbed his sore head with his free hand, then jumped again as he heard her voice and felt her edging closer to him. "No!" He shouted, shoving her away and leaping to his feet, shuddering slightly as he heard his voice echoing in the gloom. "How the hell is it going to be all right?!" He demanded, glancing around for her, but finding himself unable to see anything. Suddenly feeling frighteningly alone, the toughness left his stance and a soft whimper escaped his lips. "I don't know this place... I can't see a thing, and my head hurts." He complained in a voice near tears. "Where's the way out? I don't like this. I want to go home." He stated in a slightly calmer voice. Deep down, he knew that she wouldn't know the way out either, but he had chosen his words specifically to make her feel responsible, and as such - guilty. The cruel guilt-trip was more out of habit than anything else, for Leon really didn't have any intention of upsetting Anna. What would be the point, when the reason he had taken her out in the first place was to cheer her up. He sighed, sliding back against the rock again and trembling from a combination of cold and fear. His pampered life didn't allow for being lost in the cold and dark... It was all too real... Too dangerous... Too different. His bravery did not extend this far.

Back to top Go down

Post  GirlehfromPB Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:14 pm

Annabelle-
I thrust myself to my feet, "Don't trust me that much, find your own way out." I snapped at him before carefully listing to the echo of my footstep, following where there was another entrance before I walked in that direction, I attempted to get some flames. But I wasn't quite dry enough yet. Part of me was thankful, he couldn't follow me. Though part of me didn't want to be away from him. But if he was going to act like that, he could find his own way. My patience was getting thin with him.
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:26 pm

Leon gasped and quickly tredto scramble after Anna as she walked away, his hands fumbling blindly on the cold, damp rock. "Anna, wait! I didn't-" He broke off as a violent cugh ripped from his throat, and he collapsed again the wall, drawing deep breaths as he irritably swept the blood away from his lips with the back of a hand. "I- I'm scared, okay?" He admitted irritably as the coughing subsided. "I just don't know how else to deal with it, so please just bear with me for now..." He muttered weakly, curling himself into the fetal position and rocking back and forth with his back against the wall. He hated this... He hated it...

Back to top Go down

Post  GirlehfromPB Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:40 pm

Annabelle-
I glanced at him, let's see if this helps then. I spoke softly before rubbing my hands together quickly drying them before I closed my eyes clenching one hand into a fist, the other hand face up into the darkness. "One, two, three" I softly whispered before a small flame ball appeared, hovering over the palm of my hand. Before I slowly opened my eyes blowing gently into it, the ball glowed getting slightly larger, "Now your not in the dark" I spoke gently, taking a few steps closed to him, the light source seeming to bounce across the cave, reflecting and glittering as it rebounded against the large diamonds embedded in the wall opposite.
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:49 pm

Leon heaved a sigh of relief as light ignited the cave, instantly leaning back against the cave wall, stretching out his legs in relaxation and, ironially enough, closing his eyes for a moment. When he reopened them, he glanced over to see the small sphere of fire in Anna's hand. "Thanks..." He muttered softly, though a slightly confused expession was creasing his face into a frown. "But... How are you..." He gesturned vaguely toward the flame, then frowned as he glanced around the cave to see the sort of strange reflections that a disco ball might cast. Turning around, he released asoft gasp of awe as he saw the diamonds. "Wow!" He exclaimed softly, getting to his feet and walking over to them. He stifled a soft cough as he watched the diamonds from a slight distance, still not having the courage to venture too far from Anna for fear he'd be lost in darkness again.

Back to top Go down

Post  GirlehfromPB Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:53 pm

Annabelle-
"You never believed me. I can do it." I smiled taking a few steps after him. "Take it you didn't believe me about that either?" I asked him softly, moving closer to the jewels. I glanced around, "My hooks over there, we could probably break some of it away." I offered though not moving, keeping him in full light of the flame.
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:03 pm

"No, I believed you about this." Leon replied, offering a slight smile. "I just refuse to believe in tht which isn't possible. There's bound to be a logical explanation. I just haven't found it yet." He concluded simply, offering a pleasant, surprisingly calm smile before turning away again - clearly in denial. Nobody would convince him to believe in the supernatural. Nope nope nope. He was too much of a realist for that.
Leon glanced back to the diamonds at her words, gnawing his lip thoughtfully. "You can, if you like." he replied simply. "I've got enough money. And besides, I wouldn't feel right taking them, somehow..."

Back to top Go down

Post  GirlehfromPB Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:05 pm

Annabelle-
"The explanation if the flame imps. when I was about three one bound itself to my body, when it left it left part of it essence with me. Flame imps are flame like spirits" I explained simply before shaking my head, "Shall we just get out of here? Before you die on me?" I asked gently.
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:19 pm

Leon turned to watch as Anna began to speak, listening to her explanation patiently while his eyebrows climbed higher and higher until they were finally lost in his fringe. It was obvious that he was not buying a word of it, but as he clearly did not want to argue about it, he decided to let it slide... "You don't say.." He muttered softly in response, glancing away from her to hide his expression. Okay, so he thought she was a little crazy, but they all were in one way or another.... He glanced back at her as she spoke again, his breath catching in his throat as he felt a flash of alarm at her words. How did she- No... He was being stupid. Of course she didn't know. "It's just a cough!" He said with a laugh, easily managing to make the lie sound convincing. One of the criteria of being a professional asshole was being a good liar, after all... "But you're right - I'd quite like to get out of here." He admitted, walking hesitantly toward her.

Back to top Go down

Post  GirlehfromPB Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:41 am

Annabelle-
I nodded, "It's a figure of speech, don't get your knickers in a twist buddy-boy" I rolled my eyes at his reaction before heading back of in the direction of the passageway, listening to the gentle echo's. Letting them lead the way. I kept my pace steady for him, not wanting to put a lot of distance between us. He needed to be calm.
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:18 am

"Of course, how silly of me." Leon replied with a soft chuckle, following close beside her as she walked. He felt much calmer now there was at least some light - but it was still not his ideal situation and he was certainly not wholly confident, nor would he be until they were out in broad daylight once more. Leon took a deep breath and released in slowly, calming his nerves and releasing his tension as he struggled to resist the urge to jump at every sound and cower away from every shadow. He walked a little closer to Anna than he would usually have been comfortable with, but what with the fear and the darkness, he felt the situation really left him no choice.

Back to top Go down

Post  GirlehfromPB Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:37 am

Annabelle-
I slipped my free hand behind my back, "You can hold my hand if you want, the air is fresher here, we're not far away from and entrance," I spoke softly, not expecting him to accept my offer. I imagined he would ignore me completely after this.
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:50 am

Leon shook his head, declining her offer. "I'm fine." He replied simply, "Thank you." He added, a sincerely grateful tone to his voice that he would usually never use. Gratitude was not a virtue possessed by jerks like him. He jogged a few steps to catch up to her, then walked beside her - noting for himself the slight change in the air. The sudden transition made him cough slightly, and he turned his head away - carefully controlling the coughing so as not to allow himself to break into a fit.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next