Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Polo, Girleh and... A peanut. :)

2 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

Polo, Girleh and... A peanut. :) - Page 10 Empty Re: Polo, Girleh and... A peanut. :)

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:58 pm

"Maybe not..." Leon admitted grudgingly, "But I'm not going to be until you tell me what's going on." He added, a slightly impish smile curving his lips. "Honestly, the anticipation is killing me!" He concluded with a vague grin. It resided on his face a moment, then faltered and faded. "Bad choice of words..." He muttered to himself, glancing away again, his momentary cheer starting to sap away from him again.
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Polo, Girleh and... A peanut. :) - Page 10 Empty Re: Polo, Girleh and... A peanut. :)

Post  GirlehfromPB Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:57 am

[no spellcheck beware O.o]

Annabella-
"He's technically not my brother anymore, well by law anyway." I spoke gently without looking up at him, takinga sip of the luke warm much that was called coffee. I could make it much better myself, though I had to stick with this coffee muck. "He came by yesterday, I kicked of, he hit me made it final. So technically i'm homeless now." I added gently, hoping he wouldn't freak. Though part of me knew he would.
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

http://girlehfrompb.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:54 am

"What?!" Leon roared furiously - the action causing him to break down into a violent fit of coughing. The coughs ripped painfully from his throat, and a faint haze of blood left his lips with each one. When the fit finally subsided, he slumped backward against the wall, feeling suddenly weak and feeble. He didn't have the strength to rage about this, much as he wanted to. "I've officially lost all respect for that jerk." Leon stated simply, "Sorry, but it's true. He's worthless trash, he is!" Leon muttered angrily, shaking his head in cold disappointment. "No, you won't be homeless." Leon stated firmly, "That is ridiculous. My family has plenty of rooms in that mansion that they aren't using - you can stay in one of those. Think of it as a rental agreement... You get use of the room, in return for looking out for Kimmie after I'm gone." Leon concluded simply, "Well, that's my offer anyway." He added with a shrug, "But even if you decline, I'm certainly not going to leave you out on the streets you know." He concluded firmly.

Back to top Go down

Post  GirlehfromPB Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:12 pm

Annabella-
I watched him carefully, "Calm down. You wanted to know, I told you. Don't make me regret it." I told him with a stern edge, "I can pay my way, he owes me a bit of money. I don't want to have to rely on you, I can't do much for you in return, so it's an unfair agreement." I pointed out logicallyto him, Thinking this over, this legendary 'Kimmie'.
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:22 pm

"I'm calm." Leon insisted bitterly, turning his head to glare in the opposite direction. However, at her next words, his head jerked around so fast that his neck cricked. She was declining?! Leon raised his eyebrows in cool disbelief. "Okay, Anna, you're confusing me here, so let's get one thing straight... You ask me to trust you, yet when I offer to entrust to you the one thing that means the most to me in this world, that thing being Kimmie's wellbeing, you refuse to take it?" He watched her for a moment, then sighed - dropping his head and abandoning all traces of bitterness. Okay, so he didn't like feeling vulnerable, but that was no reason to get short with Anna. "Kimmie is worth all the money in the world to me." Leon said simply, "But all that money is no good if I don't know I can trust the person who will be looking after her. It would not be you relying on me, Anna... It would be the other way around." He explained quietly, his hands slowly clenching into shaking fists upon the pale covers.

Back to top Go down

Post  GirlehfromPB Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:40 pm

Annabella-
I watched him with a weak smile. "No, What I mean to say is, I can't stay there for free. es you wnat me to look after Kimmie, but..." I broke off with a gentle sigh. "I've always had to pay my way, it's the way I was brought up. I know you dont need the money or anything," I paused again. "Okay, so I will look after Kimmie with my life, in exchange for somewhere to stay?" I asked him. I didn't want to argue.
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:52 pm

Leon nodded, doing his best to remain calm and patient. "I know... I understand that..." He murmured quietly, "Then think on it this way: I'll pay you to look after Kimmie, and then I'll charge you the exact same amount to use the room. Only we'll be skipping the pointless transactions in between..." He trailed off with a vague shrug. "And it's not just about protecting her." Leon added in a slightly stern tone, "There will be no need to put your life on the line. I just want you to make sure that she's happy... Happy, and comfortable, while it lasts..." He trailed off with a sad sigh - then did something completely unexpected. In a rare display of vulnerability, Leon pressed his palms to his face for a moment, pressing a curtain of darkness over his eyes, then he slowly slid them upwards and ran them through his hair - looking for all the world like a forgotten toy... Weak, pathetic, dejected, broken, defeated... Kimmie... Oh, Kimmie...

Back to top Go down

Post  GirlehfromPB Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:55 pm

Annabella-
I smiled faintly with a nod. "Okay, But can I atleast have some understanding of what is wrong with you or is that too much?" I asked gently, giving him a chance to decline, in a way I felt honoured thhat he wanted me to look after Kimmie, his Kimmie. Though i didn't know what he was fighting which made everything the little bit more confusing.
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:06 pm

"No, no, you're right... I should have explained already - I forgot I hadn't." Leon admitted, managing a faint smile as he glanced at her. "I suppose you could say it's a... A compound illness." He began hesitantly, pausing for a moment before going on - resigning himself to simply telling her what was wrong with him, despite the fact that she would probably only be able to look at him with repulsion from then on... "I have had tuberculosis since I can remember. Only before, the doctors had me on medication that made it manageable, and kept me going... But then I, uh... I got HIV... And since then everything pretty much went downhill, and now all that's left for me to do if lose the fight to TB, which is happening rather fast despite the doctors' best efforts to stall it..." He trailed off with a sigh, shrugging slightly and forcing a vague smile, which ended up looking more like a grimace.

Back to top Go down

Post  GirlehfromPB Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:10 pm

Annabella-
I nodded, "Thats why you want me to look after Kimmie, but either way, when you do go. She will be destrought, I don't know her, or rather if I do I still haven't gained full memory. But it hurts loosing a family member, take it from someone who's lost all of her family" I reminded him gently, I was simply putting on a brave facade for the world to see, on the inside I was messed up beyond repair. This was my fault, and I would beat myself up abotu it, but only behind closed doors.
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:13 pm

Leon gulped and nodded, not quite trusting himself to speak with the lump that was forming in his throat. Instead, he examined his fingers as he entangled, disentangled and re-entangled them in his lap. Finally, he glanced up at Anna. "That's why I want you there for her." He stated softly, "You'll understand, and you can ease her pain..." He trailed off with a soft sigh, glancing away again. "Sorry..." He murmured quietly, "I'm being selfish... What of you? What would make you happy?" He asked gently, glancing up at her with a slightly unfocused expression. "If there's anything I can do to make your burden easier to bear..." He mumbled quietly, "Please let me help you, whilst I still have the life to do so."

Back to top Go down

Post  GirlehfromPB Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:32 pm

Annabella-
I smiled faintly, "No, it's fine. There ius nothing you can do unless you can bring back the dead, but then I would have to cope with giving htem their memory back. and it's not worth it. It wouldn't be the same if they were here now. if they were here now I probably never would of met you again" I pointed out
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:46 pm

"It's always like that, isn't it...?" Leon asked quietly, a soft mirthless chuckle escaping his lips - though it was so drenched in bitterness that it was barely recognisable as laughter at all. He shook his head, dismissing the thoughts. "I really am sorry." He informed her quietly. "I-" He broke off as a soft cough escaped his lips, and suddenly Leon felt as weak and weary as though he'd spent 80 years breaking rocks with other rocks...

Back to top Go down

Post  GirlehfromPB Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:55 pm

Annabella-
I smiled weakly, "it'sd my pain. Not yours, my burden to carry, you work on your own problems. I've coped with the worse of mine, it can hardly get much worse." I pointed out to him, \i'd lost everything close
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:44 am

Leon chuckled softly. "You're alive, right?" He asked quietly, his eyes slowly drifting shut as he slipped down into the bed again. "You might have lost a lot, but at least you get to wake up each morning... You've still got the sun... The sky..." Eventually, Leon's nearly incoherent mumbling trailed into nothingness as sleep claimed him in mid-speech. He was exhausted, and he was always tired out very quickly when he was recovering from one of his 'attacks'.

Back to top Go down

Post  GirlehfromPB Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:01 am

Annabella-
"Maybe physically, but mentally I died all those years ago. There is no differenfce, I'm dead on the inside. I have been for ten years." I spoke gently, quite a big accusation but it was very true. There was never light in my eyes, Only once there had been light-with him.
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:30 am

"'s Never too late..." Leon mumbled sleepily in response, his lips barely parting to release the words. He could no longer cling to awareness now, and was drifting in and out of a light slumber - unable to wake himself, yet unable to fall asleep. He wanted to keep talking to Anna... Try comfort her... But his options were limited. Besides, he doubted there was anything he could do... And what he could do would be useless anyway...

Leon slept then, drifting away from the present to remain silent and motionless for a few hours to follow. The machines beside his bed that monitored his health now declared him to be fit, though that had yet to be seen.

Back to top Go down

Post  GirlehfromPB Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:35 am

Annabella-
I sighed, rarely moving from my chair, occasionally getting a new cup of 'muck' as I called it. I still drank it, refusion thefood. I couyld only just stand the coffee
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:46 am

Leon's eyes flickered open and he glanced around briefly, seeming somewhat perkier than before. He glanced over at Anna and offered a faint smile, then pressed the button beside his bed to summon a nurse. She soon appeared, and Leon explained to her that he was feeling much better. After briefly checking his breathing, pulse and temperature, she pronounced him fit to leave. She left the room then, and Leon stretched and yawned widely, then turned his attention to Anna. "Seems I'm finally ready to go." He announced with a smile, "Thank again for staying with me... It was actually nice to have some company for once." He admitted with a slightly timid smile. "Anyway, give me a moment to get myself presentable, and we can bust this joint." Leon concluded with a grin - clearly extremely grateful to have been given the chance to leave the hospital at all, and eager to do what he could with the time he had managed to buy.

Back to top Go down

Post  GirlehfromPB Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:53 am

Annabella-
I smiled faintly, "Okay" I spoke gently before standing, I walked to the door before dropping the cup in the bin before I oleft the room, only then waiting outside. I was glad he wasd better
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:00 am

Once Anna had left the room, Leon dragged himself out of bed. He had a quick showed, dressed in his usual wardrobe, then assaulted his reflection in the mirror - staring irritably at himself. For the next 30 minutes or so he attacked his hair - attempting to style it correctly. Once he was content that it looked like his usual trademark style, he applied the usual thin layer of eye make-up that he wore - leaving his face seeming far less friendly than before, which suited him perfectly. When he had done everything that needed doing, Leon left the room in a dignified fashion - glad to have his independence returned to him. He hated feeling vulnerable... He absolutely hated it.
Letting the door slam shut behind him, Leon turned to Anna. "Are you ready?" He asked, raising his eyebrows slightly, "I've got a lie to live..." He explained, a slightly sad smile curving his lips, "So I'll apologise now for any suffering my actions might cause you... Just know that I don't mean it." He concluded, glancing away slightly awkwardly. Wow, that sounded pathetic and ungrateful even to him... But what could he do?

Back to top Go down

Post  GirlehfromPB Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:04 am

Annabella-
I watched him before smiling weakly, "Basically you 'hate me' and you have to make sure that keeps up so if we bump into paps or whatever I have to let you assualt me. Great" I spoke with a faint smile, unsure on the whole concept though I had to go along with it all
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:25 am

Leon shrugged slightly. "Nothing that dramatic..." He replied with an awkward chuckle, "I just can't be nice, that's all." He explained with a slight shrug. "Not in front of people, that is... I mean, you remember how I was, right...?" He scratched his head awkwardly, his stylishly gelled hair springing instantly back into place as his fingers ceased to violate it.

Back to top Go down

Post  GirlehfromPB Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:30 am

Annabella-
I sighed softly, "What, so you wantme to follow you a good distance behind?" I asked him gently, not exactly sure how he was working this, if he didn't want to go as far as asult, how far was he taking it?
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10