Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Polo, Girleh and... A peanut. :)

2 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Polo, Girleh and... A peanut. :) - Page 9 Empty Re: Polo, Girleh and... A peanut. :)

Post  GirlehfromPB Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:38 pm

['cause im lazy xD]
Annabella-
Sometime later I was sat in the chair in the far corner of 'his' room. I clutched my knees as my arms wrapped around them, pressing them into my chest as I gently rocked myself, unsure on the whole prospect. I hated hospitals, though I wanted to know his reasons, why he as so desperate for me to stay. He didn't deserve another chance. After all it was curiosity that killed the cat, with that single thought I stood, heading for the door, make a break for it before he woke with the plan. If he remained in his unconscious slumber that was...
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

http://girlehfrompb.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Polo, Girleh and... A peanut. :) - Page 9 Empty Re: Polo, Girleh and... A peanut. :)

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:47 pm

Leon lay like a statue in the hospital bed, his chest slowly rising and falling as his reluctant lungs drew in oxygen from the mask strapped over his face. His heart monitor beeped feebly beside him, though its rhythm was regular. An IV hovered beside his bed, connected into the pulsing veins in his arm by a single needle. It dripped steadily - the clear liquid falling from its sack to trickle down the long tube directly into his bloodstream at regular intervals.
Finally, Leon felt himself begin to inch toward consciousness. He became vaguely aware of the fact that he was in the hospital, and he felt momentary relief. Then he became aware of Anna's presence, and another wave of relief swept over him - this time powerful enough to drag a soft sigh from his lips. With this new-found knowledge, a sense of peace and contentment eased his worry and he found himself able to relax. He was just about to slip back into the darkness when, as though from a distance, he heard the muffled sounds of Anna get up and start walking toward the door. "Anna..." He murmured softly, the hoarse whisper barely coherent above the beeping of the machines as it escaped his semi-conscious lips. He seemed to be drifting in a state of limbo - neither conscious nor unconscious, yet incapable of regaining consciousness, and unwilling to lose it again.
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Post  GirlehfromPB Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:51 pm

Annabella-
I grumbled under my breath as he spoke before sighing heavily."Yeah?" I asked him gently, changing my path and walking over to him. I didn't want to though my heart told me to give him another chance while my mind told me to let him roll over a die. Why couldn't I agree on things like this? I hardly knew the guy. The harsh truth was he had his high standards and I was some dogs mess on his shoe.
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:01 pm

Leon remained silent for a while, struggling to arrange his tongue and his lips in the correct positions to form his words. Finally, the darkness slackened its grip, and Leon winced at the sudden burst of pain before his eyes slowly flickered open. He blinked a few times to bring the room into focus, then glanced over at Anna who now stood beside his bed. He hated feeling so vulnerable... And he hated letting her see him in this state, but he was glad she was here all the same. He would just have to get over the rest... Finally, Leon managed to choke out a few soft, disjointed words. "You... Want me to... Explain... Right?" He asked quietly, speaking between precious, painful breaths. "I... I owe you... That much." He concluded, his eyes sliding shut again for a brief moment as exhaustion crashed down on him. He forced them open and glanced back at Anna, anxiously awaiting her response.

Back to top Go down

Post  GirlehfromPB Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:18 pm

Annabella-
I turned my back on him, "If your going to come up with some pathetic sob story I am not interested. You said what you said, despite what you say now. You have your high standards I'm a piece of dog S**t on your shoe. I don't care what state you in I am not going to feel sorry for you. I was nice to you, I should of done what my head told me to and ignored you, not wanted to help you like my heart told me to." I told him harshly, turning away from him. He wouldn't see the hurt he'd cause again, no I was stronger than this. But I had to get away. though the thoughts came too quick and fast it slowed me drastically as I placed a hand on the wall to keep myself standing.
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:41 pm

"I have no sob story..." Leon muttered, wincing as he attempted to push himself into a sitting position. "And I know what I said was cruel, but I also swore to you that it was not true." Leon concluded softly. "Look - I'm going to explain this to you whether you like it or not. Think what you want of me after that - I daresay I'll not care much anyway..." He shrugged vaguely, then took a deep breath and cast his oxygen mask aside before starting to speak, pausing every so often to catch his breath. "I'm a dead man, Anna." He stated bluntly, shrugging slightly before going on. "It's a long boring story, but it all boils down to this: I'm sick, and I'm not going to get better. When I found out, I knew I'd have to quit the music industry... But after so many people were relying on me, and my friends, and my fans... I just couldn't let them down like that. So I liked, and I created this new person... A person they could all hate. Somebody they'd be glad to see the back of... And it worked. I'm a jerk, and people hate me, but it's perfect, because I planned it that way. I never mean what I say... I just say the meanest thing that pops into my head at the time. You were unlucky enough to cross both sides of me... And I'm sorry." He fell silent then, staring blindly into the glowing face of the heart monitor. There was nothing else he could say. It was her choice, now... What she would do. He half hoped she would hate him all the more... For her sake. But at the same time, he wanted somebody beside him... Just one person who could share his secret, and stand beside him to bid him farewell as he left the world.

Back to top Go down

Post  GirlehfromPB Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:32 am

Annabella-
I stopped and looked back at him, "And what do you want with me? From what I can roughly remember-without causing myself to pass out-we were good childhood friends. Before you moved away to become famous and I left because of what happened to my mother, I will stay if you want me to. And I'll leave if you want." I sighed gently looking at the floor. "The choice is in your hands." I finished simply.
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:19 am

Leon goaned, leaning back against the bed. "What difference does it make...?" He murmured softly, his eyes sliding shut from weariness, then opening again as he continued. "This is your choice, for you are the one who had a future here. I could be dead by morning. Perhaps I will be... Or perhaps it will be as long as 3 years from now? Who knows... The point is, of course nobody wants to die alone, right...? I'm no exception. But all in all, I just want you to do what's right for you." Leon trailed off with a subdued sigh, then concluded his speech. "My personal opinion is that it'll be far more logical for you to cut the cords now, while you're still mad." He concluded with a slight shrug. "We were good friends once, chances are it could happen again and quite frankly, I'm the only one who would benefit from that - and I've never been one to follow selfish aspirations, despite the evidence to the contrary." His case stated, Leon released a shuddering breath and dropped back into his bed again, already feeling weakened by his efforts.

Back to top Go down

Post  GirlehfromPB Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:35 am

Annabella-
"I would rather be with you than my own brother any day. Though it's." I broke off sighing gently, "If I stay with you I will loose Quinn completely. If I go now I have to face a drunken idiot of a brother who wants me dead. If I walk away I wont have a future either" I spoke gently, wondeirng what his words would be.
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:18 pm

"I... Wow..." Leon murmured quietly, turning his gaze away from her. "That's a powerful thing to say." He added in a hushed tone, though he did not elaborate on his point and soon let it slide. "You should go." He encouraged quietly. "Once Quinn is sober, that is. He's a good guy, really... At least from what I can tell. You shouldn't do anything to jeopardize your relationship with him, especially not on my account." He concluded with a faint smile. "I'll be fine, at least for now. And I'll see you back at school soon... Only don't expect me to act... Civil." He gave a faint chuckle, but it did not last long, for his lungs seemed to scream in protest and he ended up coughing painfully for a minute before slumping back against the pillows again - his face seeming gray and gaunt.

Back to top Go down

Post  GirlehfromPB Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:23 pm

Annabella-
"Quinn..." I sighed, looking away from him. "Now I know he has this power about him, what else has he been hiding from me? He's blocked my memories, if I delve too deep he'll kill me. He showed that this afternoon." I pointed out gently to him. "As much as my head tells me to walk away from you, let your burn and suffer. My heart wont let me. As much as we debate, I am staying. I'm a stubborn cow when I want to be. But I just need more trust from you" I added gently
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:48 pm

"He may be your brother, but if he threatens your life, I'll have my lawyers on him like a pack of starving wolves." Leon stated bluntly, offering an unconcerned shrug. "Even he can't get away with something like that..." Leon added in a bitter mutter, shaking his head in cold disappointment. He had believed in Quinn... Could that jerk not take his responsibility as a brother seriously? Did he not understand what it meant...? Leon glanced at Anna again as she began to speak, unsure what to think of her words. "I'll suffer and burn regardless." Leon informed her with a helpless shrug, a faint trace of twisted humour in his feeble smile. Somehow, jokes on one's own life just never seemed all that 'right'. "Though I can't deny I appreciate you staying..." Leon wen on in a hushed tone, dropping is gaze for a moment before raising it to meet her eyes again - sincerity showing in his sickly features. "Thank you." He murmured softly. "I suppose you'd need to be stubborn to deal with me." He added with a faint smile, "And as for trust... I would give it to you, and I wish I could, but it isn't so simple for me... I've already entrusted you with more than I'd dare let anybody else know... But trusting for me is... Complicated." He finished simply, dropping his gaze again and hoping she wouldn't pursue the subject further. He couldn't just trust... He would have to learn how to again... But he doubted he had time left for such a lengthy procedure. Not unless Anna could work some kind of miracle on his wary mind.

Back to top Go down

Post  GirlehfromPB Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:12 pm

Annabella-
I nodded smiling faintly before going and sitting back on my corner. Well the corner I had spent all of my time in, closing my eyes for a moment with a weak smile. Deciding to drop the subject, he knew I was staying and I wouldn't budge, but I didn't know if I was wanted to sit close to him, so to keep things on the safe side I stayed away from now.
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:17 pm

"Thank you.." Leon murmured quietly, retrieving his oxygen mask before sliding back into his bed and dropping immediately into a slumber that was somewhere between sleep and unconsciousness. The heart monitor continued to beep rhythically as his chest rose and fell in shallow breaths, his feeble lungs reluctantly agreeing to keep him alive.

Back to top Go down

Post  GirlehfromPB Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:40 pm

Annabella-
I wanted to question why, why he was saying thank you. I didn't question, he was clearly too weak, I needed the rest as well. That fact didn't help things, I was struggling to think let alone do much else. I curled up in the chair before letting unconsciousness over take my body, though it was more of a slumber, at that moment I couldn't decide exactly, my mind was else where.
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:45 pm

Leon slept soundly for hours on end, occasionally waking for brief spells of time when a nurse entered to change his IV, or something of the sort. Even when he woke, it seemed he was barely aware of his surroundings, for he simply watched the actions around the room unseeingly before drifting back intohis slumber. It may have been as long as 2 days by the time he finally awoke, though he was barely aware of the pasing of time, so he could not propery tell. He frowned and blinked, raising his fists to rub his eyes before starting to glance around his room, wondering vaguely if Anna was still there. She was a fool if she was... Only this time, he felt he would gladly suffer a fool of the sort.

Back to top Go down

Post  GirlehfromPB Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:51 pm

Annabella-
I was sat in the corner, I had barely moved. I was curled up in the chair with a warm drink in my hands, watching the floor, unsure on everything. I didn't want to leave him, I know I should. But I didn't, I trusted him even though he didn't trust me.
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:54 pm

"Anna?" Leon asked hesitantly, his words slurred beneath the oxygen mask on his face. Was sh still there...? He couldn't quite decide... His vision was taking a while to come into focus, and all he could make out was a wide array of shapes and colours - but nothing with defined form, and certainly nothing that he recognised as Anna. Yet somehow, he had a feeling she was still there... Then again, perhaps it was just a desperate hope...

Back to top Go down

Post  GirlehfromPB Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:58 pm

Annabella-
"I'm..." I broke of my voice hoarse from lack of use, I gave a cough wincing at the movement. I put the drink down slowly walking to the bed. "I'm here" I assured him gently, sitting on the end of the bed. "I've been here most of the time" I spoke gently, releasing a few more coughs, before I rubbed my chest.
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:08 pm

"I see..." Leon murmured softly in response, blinking a few times to bring her into focus, and even then still trying to decide which of the 5 Annas he ought to be looing at. "Thanks." He added sofly, seeming to tare right through her. He frowned as se coughed, shaking his head to clear it before pushing himself into a sitting position with a wince. His vision was in better focus now, and he was able to look directy at her, concern seeded in his gaze. "Are you okay?" He demanded gently, "And don't lie to me." He added, raising hs eyebrows in warning.

Back to top Go down

Post  GirlehfromPB Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:35 am

Annabella-
"I'm just a bit sore, Quinn decided to be an idiot yesterday." I shrugged off the fact, shifting my top so he could see the fist bruise on my chest. "Coughing hurts, but otherwise I'll be fine," I told him truthfully. He didn't want me to lie, so I wouldn't. Though it wasn't really that simple. We'd done more than just hurt me physically, but Leon didn't need any more stress on his plate, I knew what would happen between me and Quinn, it just happened faster than expected. Leon didn't need all of my problems on his plates, I hadn't lied to him. I was sore, physically and mentally.
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:21 pm

"What?!" Leon exclaimed, evidently furious at this news. For a moment it seemed he planned to leap out of the bed and confront Quinn there and then, but the illogical thought left his mind before he even began to act, and he slumped back against the headrest. "I should hope you'll be fine..." He muttered bitterly, glaring at the wall while a nerve ticked in his jaw. "Has he tried to get help?" Leon asked quietly, the fury in his voice draining to leave his tone calm and gentle. "He can't go on hurting you like this... It isn't right." Leon concluded firmly, "I mean, he's your brother for Goodness sake!" He added, his voice rising in indignation, then breaking off into a fit of weak, painful coughs that left him bleeding from the corner of his mouth. He swept the blood away irritably with the back of his hand before fixing his attention back on Anna, clearly disregarding his own health.

Back to top Go down

Post  GirlehfromPB Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:30 pm

Annabella-
I opened my mouth to object to his statement, technically Quinn wasn't any more. "I'm not telling you anything else until you've calmed down." I spoke gently standing and walking up the bed hesitantly and gently taking one of his hands. "You focus on yourself, I will tell you everything soon." I assured him smiling faintly.
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:49 pm

"I-I'm calm..." Leon muttered feebly, though his expression clearly contradicted his words, for he was staring at her hand around his as though it was some sort of demon come to take his soul. Even as he sat there, tension crept through his muscles, and the rhythm of the heart monitor sped up slightly with his pulse. As he felt his breathing getting slightly shallower, Leon gently pulled his hand away, glancing down awkwardly. He didn't do well with people touching him... "Sorry." He said simply, the words leaving his lips in a barely coherent whisper.

Back to top Go down

Post  GirlehfromPB Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:53 pm

Annabella-
I sighed gently, "Your not" I told him, before going back to my chair, picking up my drink as I did, settling back into the chair once again. It wasn't like I actually had anywhere else to go. I had told him I would stay, that I would.
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next